User Reviews for Aleve (Page 4)

Costochondritis 10.0
Frozen Shoulder 3.5
Summary of Aleve reviews 7.1 130 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

That gal with a bad back · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2015

For Back Pain: “I don't know what I did but whenever I jumped on the trampoline with my kids, I was experiencing some weird pain in my upper back. I put some a535 on my back. That didn't help. The next day it still hurt!! Then I took two aleve pills and the next morning I was ok. And I continued this way for a few days and my back was all better!!! Thanks aleve! ”

aBusyMom May 14, 2015

For Frozen Shoulder: “Very little relief. I finished PT and after a year it still wasn't great. Due to other issues a physician switched me to Diflofenac Sodium (Voltarin?) which has been a wonderful. It takes away all my joint issues.”

jonhb May 6, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I tired Aleve. It works to some extent for a few hours but it stops. I get better and longer lasting results with Advil liqui-gels for arthritis.”

Dee8Dee March 17, 2015

For Costochondritis: “I've been diagnosed with costochondritis for 2 yrs now. I have other joint issues, along with military neck and tendinitis. Nothing has worked as well and effectively as Aleve. I take anywhere from 220-500mg when needed. All my aches and pains subside and I can move about freely. Even with nerve damage. I am so thankful for Aleve!”

mike j. · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2015

For Back Pain: “Have bulging disc at l-1 ,spinal stenosis at t-10-11 ,c-6-7,didn't want to take narcotics. Have been taking Aleve for 7 days, excellent relief. Hope it lasts.”

KJMason February 4, 2015

For Back Pain: “Best one out there.”

DareLiggy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2015

For Back Pain: “It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in.”

neecy · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2014

For Pain: “Toothache- took the pain away instantly. Very good for a toothache.”

Sophia55 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2014

For Pain: “I have used most of the narcotics on the list, and now that I live in Florida it is almost impossible to get a Doctor to prescribe anything other than Aspirin. Aspirin now has caused my stomach to act up due to ulcers so now I also need to take Prilosec 40 mg. So far this is the best of these medicines on the list.”

Pinkmama60 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 29, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: “I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.”

Maili · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2014

For Sciatica: “Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.”

Drakester 64 May 20, 2014

For Gout, Acute: “I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.”

oremus May 5, 2014

For Pain: “I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on. ”

nf1survivor · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2013

For Pain: “I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!”

nf1survivor · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2013

For Pain: “I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later.”

Alycat001 October 17, 2013

For Period Pain: “Aleve helps a lot”

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

For Sciatica: “Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.”

Krickee August 28, 2013

For Pain: “I have severe chronic pain due to a car accident. I've tried every med to curb the pain. I like this medicine, the only drawback was that it wasn't long lasting and I wish I could take it more than once a day.”

im a aleveir May 23, 2013

For Gout, Acute: “I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot.”

Mike the bad back guy · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 6, 2013

For Back Pain: “Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains. ”

Agape Light · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2012

For Back Pain: “I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 8, 2012

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Works very well for back pain especially when it also affects the surrounding muscles. But, you should always take it after a meal as it can cause serious stomach pain.”

Leon Saper · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2012

For Sciatica: “When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also. ”

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “It caused tummy aches for my 6 year old”

Anonymous February 23, 2012

For Gout, Acute: “Worked very well. Felt the pain intensifying, got the Aleve a few hours later, started with 2 tablets then 1 every 8 hours. Will do this for a few days. Very rapid relief of Gout big toe pain.”