User Reviews for Aleve

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aleve.

Aleve Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Osteoarthritis

"It seems like other OTC pain relief pills work much better, e.g. ibruprofen, aspirin, tylonol. I just try to get by on one aleve taken around 5 a.m. because I take four other pills each day at 5 p.m. I have just experienced several days with dizzyness. Don't know if it's connected to taking Aleve but will address it with my family doctor."

Ivoon September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Dear Aleve, Your packaging is a total fail. I had to take the pliers to the bottle to get into it (it's very accommodating now) then had to take my contacts out and hunt out some reading glasses to see how many pills to take for a dose. The newly swallowed pills have not yet worked on the pain, so I have no way of deciding - at this point - if your product is worth the bother."

cricket0524 April 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain."

Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My hip and shoulder have hurt for years and I have always taken Bayer aspirin and I tried Aleve arthritis gelcap. To my surprise the pain in my hip and shoulder went away for 8 hours. The only thing I don't know is how long I could take the stuff, the bottle said do not take for longer than 10 days. The warning label about it could cause stroke or heart attack did raise questions."

Anonymous June 12, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take one Aleve in the morning, one at night and can't believe the relief I've experienced from painful, arthritic knees."

freebiedee December 4, 2009