User Reviews for Aleve to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Reviews for Aleve

Fini · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

“I was prescribed by my Rheumy to take Sulfasalazine 500 mg tab 4 times a day since October 2018, when I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. I have also taken Naproxen 375mg as needed. I’m a 72 years old woman still working full time in front of a computer all day and sometimes my back and neck pain is unbearable. The only thing that reduces my pain is taking Aleve gels before I leave for work as Sulfasalazine nor Naproxen have done enough.”

Pud · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2018

“I have AS and have been in a flare up for about a week now. Hurting from my pelvis to my feet, it was causing extreme difficulty with walking. Haven’t wanted people to notice the few times I’ve had to get out of the house so would walk decently with excruciating pain. My feet have been hurting everywhere, with painful throbbing and stabbing pain with every step. I have been feeling “shocks” in my left hip area with my steps, almost sending me to the floor at times. Last night, after I got in bed, the throbbing pain was keeping me awake so I got up and took two Aleve gel tabs. Within 30 min, while lying in bed, I noticed the throbbing had stopped. Upon awakening and standing I was much better. I could not believe the difference in my gait with my pain level dropping significantly today. I feel so much better now! Thank goodness”

jonhb May 6, 2015

“I tired Aleve. It works to some extent for a few hours but it stops. I get better and longer lasting results with Advil liqui-gels for arthritis.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 8, 2012

“Works very well for back pain especially when it also affects the surrounding muscles. But, you should always take it after a meal as it can cause serious stomach pain.”

Learn more about Ankylosing Spondylitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)