User Reviews for Aleve

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aleve.

Aleve Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Period Pain.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Period Pain

"Aleve has been a miracle drug for me. I’m not one to write reviews on anything but I can tell you from my experience today that I was in so much pain from menstrual cramps that I was crying. I took two extra strength Tylenol and it took two hours to work and when it did work I still felt a lot of pain but still not as much as before. Then, I took two Aleve and it completely knocked it out."

Hildie89 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Aleve is the only pain killer that really helps. I used to take a double dose of extra strong Midol and it would last me maybe 4 hours. With the Aleve I take 1 every 11-12 hours and I am good for the day."

Ang101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my go to drug every month for cramps. Love love love. I've had severe cramps ever since and as soon as I started taking this everything will go away in less than 15 minutes."

Karina Sam (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Swelling, tingling feeling on my tongue and hives shortly after taking this product. I remember taking it for period pain in middle school and had little issues, now I must stay completely away from it."

Martha Martha July 17, 2015

"Aleve helps a lot"

Alycat001 October 17, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine saved me. Starting about the age of 15 I began to experience menstrual cramps for the first time. It was the very worst pain I had ever felt at that time. Not content to only hurt in my lower abdomen the pain radiated all the way down the front of my legs to my ankles. I couldn't sit still. All I could do was pace back and forth crying. I couldn't find a single pain reliever that worked; we had the usual in the house, aspirin, ibuprofen, even Midol. Finally my mother became so worried she took me to the doctor. I thought I was going to have to be on some kind of strong prescription medication. What does he do, he returns to the room with about 50 samples of Aleve and it has been my miracle drug ever since."

bethmed August 12, 2011