User Reviews for Aleve to treat Back Pain

Aleve has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 34 ratings for the treatment of Back Pain. 56% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Aleve Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 166 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Aleve

Breanzelle September 26, 2016

“Two days ago I was getting out of my car . I slipped on the gravel, twisting and slipping the lower discs in my back. For two days I haven't been able to move without excruciating pain . I have been crying for two days I've taken Advil, Tylenol, Motrin muscle relaxers. Just a few hours ago my friend cones over hands me two aleves and some warm water. Within 30minutes I'm not lying the pain is gone. Thank you aleve, i promise to pass the word of your greatness.”

Nick T · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2015

“Male - 33years old. Excruciating pain in lower SI region of my back following an aggressive 30 mile bick ride and a few days of surfing. Woke up the next morning with shooting pain in low back which progressed to shooting pains running down my glutes and referred pain to the hip flexor region. For two weeks this was extremely painful and did not subside even w/ ice applications and finally chiropractic visits 5 total and lots of Advil. Per the suggestion of my wife I tried aleve (2 pills for first dose and 1 pill each dose after that. After 2 pills I noticed a HUGE difference and significantly reduced pain as well as better range of motion as inflammation had gone down. I highly recommend for anyone with back pain as it really helped me!”

Agape Light · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2012

“I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor.”

Kris1369 November 27, 2015

“Female 20 years old - I recently started a new job as a cashier. I started to experience pain after having to pick up heavy packs of water bottles and other heavy items. The pain was all in my lower back. I went to visit my chiropractor and that would alleviate the pain until I went back to work. I would rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10; a 7. It was a sharp stabbing pulling pain in my lower back and it even hurt to take a deep breath. Today was the first day I took Aleve when I went to work and my back pain was almost completely gone. I was able to move around without being uncomfortable. I am extremely satisfied with the results.”

Mike the bad back guy · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 6, 2013

“Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains. ”

ken · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

“I have been taking norco 5mg a day for a bad lower back pain and of course this really did remove all pain. But many countries don't have this drug so my pharmacy said to try Aleve. I was so surprised that I still can't believe that it took 95% of my pain away. I travel with Aleve and won't have problems in bringing drugs into other countries.”

Rob · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

“I had real lower back muscle pain for two weeks. Dr gave me Cyclbenzaprine-- not good. Saw an Aleve commercial on TV, it was a back pain reliever. Within 15 minutes of taking it sharp pain was reduced dramatically. That's all I can tell you. I still am on it and have no bad comments.”

Beatle Jim February 29, 2020

“I've worked hard all my life. I've had disk problems in my back for 4 years now. My doctors given me this and that...but nothing really worked. I've been using Aleve now and it really takes the edge off!!!”

C Temptation October 27, 2019

“I have osteoarthitis in both of my hips, knees, and two herniated discs in my lower back, I go to the gym three times a week and at times, those areas will get sore, after taking the Aleve for back and muscle pain, it relieve it great!”

Runnie2 October 30, 2011

“Two Aleve a day helped my back pain, but over time it affected my stomach. My gastroenterologist knew immediately what my problem was and I've stopped Aleve entirely. I had almost a year of constant nausea and pain until I quit taking Aleve.”

That gal with a bad back · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2015

“I don't know what I did but whenever I jumped on the trampoline with my kids, I was experiencing some weird pain in my upper back. I put some a535 on my back. That didn't help. The next day it still hurt!! Then I took two aleve pills and the next morning I was ok. And I continued this way for a few days and my back was all better!!! Thanks aleve! ”

Anonymous January 6, 2021

“This has to be the most unproductive company on the face of this planet, this product does absolutely nothing for you other than give you false hope. I can’t for the life of me understand how they are even allowed to put “back relief” on the front of their bottle. Not only is that theoretically impossible for these generic pills to “fast target” your back pain but it actually doesn’t do a single thing to benefit your body in any way shape or form.”

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 4, 2015

“This should be the first thing you take when you realize you have back pain. At the very least this will take the sharp edge off and give you enough time to get to Urgent Care or an immediate doctor appointment. I have noticed that for extended use (2-5 days) the pain symptoms slowly come back, but at least this is something I can buy OTC.”

Steeeeve January 3, 2016

“I have severe scoliosis so my pain is pretty strong most days. My doctor recommended Aleve so I take 2 caplets (440mg) and there is a bit less pain for a few hours. The package says it works for 8-12 hours, but I'm lucky if it stretches out to 5. Takes my pain from a 7 (out of 10) to a 3 or 4. And then I can't drink for another 8 hours which is no fun.”

tm6438 April 26, 2011

“Really good at back pain relief, but after extended use [ I have 2 ruptured discs] my skin started to tear easily, but I was in my 30's at the time. So I don't use for long periods but occasional usage is fine.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

“Aleve back and muscle pills are garbage they don't work. Purchased the product twice and both times they did nothing even after taking 3 both times straight garbage should discontinue product rip off with a hyped up name.”

Big kj December 16, 2016

“Aleve is great for back pain.I take one pill in the morning. And one at night before bed time.no pain at all.That's what my M.D. told me to take.thanks Aleve .great job”

DareLiggy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2015

“It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in.”

mike j. · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2015

“Have bulging disc at l-1 ,spinal stenosis at t-10-11 ,c-6-7,didn't want to take narcotics. Have been taking Aleve for 7 days, excellent relief. Hope it lasts.”

marannye December 19, 2008

“Best medicine I ever took for back pain.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2016

“Not as good as THC but very effective for me. One wants a solution that allows your mind to not constantly be aware of pain. This does the job for me.”

KJMason February 4, 2015

“Best one out there.”

Anonymous August 12, 2010

“I love Aleve! It makes all my lower back pain disappear, I feel like a new person.”

Itsmemom · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2015

“It does absolutely nothing for my pain.”

Karla Red September 1, 2015

“I took two aleve and my back pain hasn't even lessened. Still hurts the same after 4 hours and it's supposed to work for 8-12 hours.”

Learn more about Back Pain