User Reviews for Aleve to treat Sciatica

Aleve Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Aleve

Smw · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

“I have been taking Ibuprofen for years but only helped a little I saw commercial for Aleve and thought I would try What a difference in my back pain and sciatica. It even took down the inflammation in my hands”

sissie69 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2018

“For several years I took Bayer Back & Body for my chronic back/sciatica pain (2 tabs, 2x day). I found very little relief. I recently started taking Aleve Back & Muscle Pain..This is my third day using Aleve Back & Muscle Pain...What a difference in just 3 days!!! I take 1 tab in the morning and it last all day!! The pain/burning sensation in my back/leg has reduced sufficiently. Thank You Aleve!!!”

Yogivino · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 19, 2016

“I took 2 pills (220mg each) in the morning and it may take 1-2 hour before the pain is completely gone. I've sciatica on my right leg from lower back down to the bottom of my feet. Tickling & numbness besides the pain each morning. First thing I did was taking 2 pills immediately. I also practice yoga regularly..., I'm so grateful to discover Aleve for sciatica! Will take it as long as my sciatica is here...”

JSF130 · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2016

“Save your money. Might as well take a baby aspirin. Extra strength Advil Liquid Gels, or Tylenol Arthritis work 10 times better.”

LamarrG April 4, 2016

“Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking.”

Vixmum · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2015

“Aleve heavily advertised for 12 hour pain relief. Also recommended by a friend. Tried as desperate for all day pain relief from sciatic nerve. No effect whatsoever, persevered for a week, no relief, even with recommended stretching.”

Maili · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2014

“Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.”

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

“Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.”

Leon Saper · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2012

“When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also. ”

Lansingite November 18, 2009

“A surgeon recommended that I have a procedure to deal with the effects of several ruptured disks in my lower back. I prefer to put off the surgery for as long as I can, and use Aleve on an almost daily basis. It works just fine for me, and I only have an incident about every 1.5 years, and usually because I overdo the yard work. When it gets very bad, I supplement with an anti spasmodic drug for a few days.”

Learn more about Sciatica

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)