User Reviews for Ketoprofen

Also known as: Actron, Nexcede, Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail

Learn more about Ketoprofen.

Gout, Acute 2 reviews 83 medications

Back Pain 2 reviews 178 medications

7.9
Summary of Ketoprofen reviews 20 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Ketoprofen

For Pain: "A few months ago, I started getting migraines while on my period due to a change in birth control. I love my new method and did not want to stop it, so I brought up the issue of the migraines to my provider. I've tried other NSAIDS such as regular acetaminophen and even tried Excedrin Migraine, but acetaminophen did not put even a dent into it. Excedrin Migraine only worked for 4-5 hours and then it would come back full force sometimes worse. My provider wrote me out for 50mg of ketoprofen, and I take 2 capsules at the onset of a migraine. This NSAID works great. My migraine was gone within an hour, and instead of being bedridden with ice packs on my head, I was actually able to eat and return to my normal activity. It is a God send!"

LindsB32 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

For Pain: "I have used this for 30 yrs off and on. I first started using for my migraines back when I was 30 years old. Then I realized it worked good for menstrual cramps. Then as I got older I used it for my osteoarthritis. Now that I am 60 years old. It helps me for everything! My arthritis, my knee, my fibromyalgia. I have used other non steroid anti- inflammatory medications but they just do not seem to work as good as Ketoprophen! I can count to the minute how long it takes for it to work! This is a life saver medication for me!"

Tobias Lee October 6, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I had intense pain and limp as a result of the pain on my swollen left big Toe. It was diagnosed to be gout. I tried couple of medicines to cool the pain but in vain. I bumped into a friend whom I told of my pain being due to gout. He immediately told me his issues with gout far worst than I have. but he put his praise on this (Ketoprofen(Ketonal) medicine prescribe for him in Kosovo, that made him fell better by just the first tab 100mg (he is over 50 year though). I went and got a prescription and took the first tab of 100mg from him at 19:00 (I am 48yrs), it is a miracle, next morning I wanted to challenge Usain Bolt for 100meter race :) I am following the prescribe dosage now from. "

Samuel Conteh September 15, 2016

For Pain: "I used to take Anacin for my sinus and muscle pain, until I found out it contained caffeine. Nothing else works as good .I have had severe sinusitis since I was 8 yrs old .I am now 62 and it is still working for me. I take the 50 mg. capsule and it works for at least a day or more."

Rhino1058 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2016

For Pain: "simply wonderful for toothaches, muscle pain. no side effects."

cv2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

For Pain: "Simply wonderfull for joint,muscle aches"

be2 September 27, 2015

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I can't live without Orudis 200mg once daily. Within 1 hour starts working and stops inflammation. I have been on it around 25 years and no serious side effects ! Had an asthma attack when they gave me the generic oruvail as generics only have half the main ingredient and some awful fillers. Available on our pbs in Australia"

Karmel September 9, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "During a very serious bout of gout, I was unable to put pressure on my foot. My doctor recommended ketroprofen and assured me I would be able to walk without crutches the next day. He prescribed 75mg 3X a day. True enough, I was able to go to work the next day and within a week the gout had cleared up. I now take a pill as soon as I feel a flare up of gout and within a day or two it is gone and I have not had a serious bout. I just found out that the 75mg capsules are no longer available, only the 200mg and I am unable to refill my final 30 on a prescription I got last August. I only take them when needed and was hoping get this last refill to cover me until 2016."

JepuLynn July 6, 2015

Orudis (ketoprofen) for Back Pain: "Works much better than any other NSAID, especially for stiff joints."

Anonymous November 27, 2014

Oruvail (ketoprofen) for Back Pain: "I have back pain as I hurt it while doing exercise. Dr. recommended this Oruvail 200 mg. It really helped my pain and inflammation has gone in 3 days. And I am almost back to normal."

Farida anand June 5, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been given ketoprofen for rheumatoid arthritis and I must say the pain has been bearable."

Anonymous April 2, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "I have been taking 200mg time release for 10yrs, before heavy exercise, at times I have to use a different nasid to get relief but overall very effective with swelling"

Beep February 17, 2010

For Pain: "This is the only medication that seems to help with my migraines, back pain and menstrual cramps."

Anonymous May 11, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: "Ketoprofen 75 mg is the only medicine I could find that would stop the swelling and pain in my hands, elbows and back. I have taken this medicine now for two years. Now I only take it when I get a flair up, only about once every couple weeks. I can now play golf and do things like I did in my younger days. At 62 I recommend you try it. I think you might like it, I have no side effects from it."

JB from KY December 7, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: "This is the absolute best thing that I have used for migraines, muscle aches, and menstrual pain. I wish that OrudisKT was still available OTC."

Missing OrudisKT October 16, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: "It's unfortunate this pain reliever has been removed from over the counter use. It was one of a very few that actually helped my pain from thrombic angiitis obliterans. It also helped my brother and 2 sisters with migraines. In my view it is much like ibuprofen except slightly stronger and much more effective."

Anonymous September 12, 2008

For Pain: "I use this medication for the herniated disc in my neck. Severe pain went down my right arm. Couldn't deal with it, but ketoprofen made 95 to 100% of pain go away. Great stuff."

1 happy man July 15, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: "It's the best for back pain...absolutely the best!"

mabnola July 6, 2008

For Pain: "I was in Italy and suddenly got mind blowing painful infection around an out-coming wisdoms-tooth. Doctors gave me 600mg of Ibuprofen, which did virtually nothing for me, but one serving of OKi 80mg (50mg Ketoprofen) almost relieved it completely!(98%).. amazing! Truely great product!!!"

Anonymous April 7, 2008

Orudis (ketoprofen) for Pain: "I have taken this product for headaches, backaches and toothaches and having tried Motrin, Extra Strength Tylenol, and Aleve for these issues in the past I would give Orudis KT the highest rating of the OTC pain medications."

Anonymous March 27, 2008