User Reviews for Ketoprofen

Ketoprofen has an average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from a total of 27 ratings on Drugs.com. 96% of those users who reviewed Ketoprofen reported a positive effect, while 4% reported a negative effect.

Period Pain   10.0
Osteoarthritis   8.2
Summary of Ketoprofen reviews 9.4 27 reviews

Reviews for Ketoprofen

Healed November 4, 2020

For Pain: “I have a calcium spur on the heel. It is very painful to walk. Completely relieved the pain and the anti-inflammatory properties got rid of the spurs.”

Gha · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2020

For Back Pain: “I"ve been taking OTC ibuprofen for my back pain and cramps for days but pain became severe which leads me to hospitalization. The pain intensify like I'm giving birth so ibuprofen has no effect on me at all, it doesn't even cured my migraine. The doctor prescribed me ketoprofen and it is very fast acting, so magical that the pain I'm enduring for days just gone in about 30 mins and Ive been recommending it with my friends and families who had muscle inflammation, arthritis and so on.. really thumbs up!”

Hani · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

For Pain: “Ketoprofen is great for acute tooth ache and gum swelling. So thankful that it exists!! I took 100mg 1 hour later I felt much better. It really helped through the weekend. The pharmacist gave paracetamol but that thing never worked. never ever!!”

Lively Dead August 12, 2019

For Period Pain: “Probably the only drug that helped reduce my cramps significantly (tried Ibuprofen, Naproxen etc but none worked)”

Arcy June 20, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “This medicine ketoprofen is great, now can anyone tell me why I haven’t been able to get any for 6 months!”

Jrpuk · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2018

Oruvail (ketoprofen) for Osteoarthritis: “My rib pain got worse and blood pressure went dangerously high.”

Enjoy Wilkerson · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I am 53. I am very active with sports. Sadly for the last two years I have terrible pain and I have extreme difficulty walking, climbing stairs or even sitting down on the loo or as it is called in America- trying to sit on the toilet seat. Two days ago I went to see a Doctor here in Italy and she prescribed this drug- 200 mg once a day. I took it yesterday for the first time and woke up the next day feeling like my old self- ready to rule the world! I went to the Park with my 12 month old puppy and I enjoyed playing with him and I had no problem at all walking up the 3 flights of stairs to our home. This drug is a great.”

LindsB32 · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2016

For Pain: “A few months ago, I started getting migraines while on my period due to a change in birth control. I love my new method and did not want to stop it, so I brought up the issue of the migraines to my provider. I've tried other NSAIDS such as regular acetaminophen and even tried Excedrin Migraine, but acetaminophen did not put even a dent into it. Excedrin Migraine only worked for 4-5 hours and then it would come back full force sometimes worse. My provider wrote me out for 50mg of ketoprofen, and I take 2 capsules at the onset of a migraine. This NSAID works great. My migraine was gone within an hour, and instead of being bedridden with ice packs on my head, I was actually able to eat and return to my normal activity. It is a God send!”

Tobias Lee October 6, 2016

For Pain: “I have used this for 30 yrs off and on. I first started using for my migraines back when I was 30 years old. Then I realized it worked good for menstrual cramps. Then as I got older I used it for my osteoarthritis. Now that I am 60 years old. It helps me for everything! My arthritis, my knee, my fibromyalgia. I have used other non steroid anti- inflammatory medications but they just do not seem to work as good as Ketoprophen! I can count to the minute how long it takes for it to work! This is a life saver medication for me!”

Samuel Conteh September 15, 2016

For Gout, Acute: “I had intense pain and limp as a result of the pain on my swollen left big Toe. It was diagnosed to be gout. I tried couple of medicines to cool the pain but in vain. I bumped into a friend whom I told of my pain being due to gout. He immediately told me his issues with gout far worst than I have. but he put his praise on this (Ketoprofen(Ketonal) medicine prescribe for him in Kosovo, that made him fell better by just the first tab 100mg (he is over 50 year though). I went and got a prescription and took the first tab of 100mg from him at 19:00 (I am 48yrs), it is a miracle, next morning I wanted to challenge Usain Bolt for 100meter race :) I am following the prescribe dosage now from. ”

Rhino1058 · Taken for 10 years or more June 27, 2016

For Pain: “I used to take Anacin for my sinus and muscle pain, until I found out it contained caffeine. Nothing else works as good .I have had severe sinusitis since I was 8 yrs old .I am now 62 and it is still working for me. I take the 50 mg. capsule and it works for at least a day or more.”

cv2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2016

For Pain: “simply wonderful for toothaches, muscle pain. no side effects.”

be2 September 27, 2015

For Pain: “Simply wonderfull for joint,muscle aches”

Karmel September 9, 2015

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I can't live without Orudis 200mg once daily. Within 1 hour starts working and stops inflammation. I have been on it around 25 years and no serious side effects ! Had an asthma attack when they gave me the generic oruvail as generics only have half the main ingredient and some awful fillers. Available on our pbs in Australia”

JepuLynn July 6, 2015

For Gout, Acute: “During a very serious bout of gout, I was unable to put pressure on my foot. My doctor recommended ketroprofen and assured me I would be able to walk without crutches the next day. He prescribed 75mg 3X a day. True enough, I was able to go to work the next day and within a week the gout had cleared up. I now take a pill as soon as I feel a flare up of gout and within a day or two it is gone and I have not had a serious bout. I just found out that the 75mg capsules are no longer available, only the 200mg and I am unable to refill my final 30 on a prescription I got last August. I only take them when needed and was hoping get this last refill to cover me until 2016.”

Anonymous November 27, 2014

Orudis (ketoprofen) for Back Pain: “Works much better than any other NSAID, especially for stiff joints.”

Farida anand June 5, 2013

Oruvail (ketoprofen) for Back Pain: “I have back pain as I hurt it while doing exercise. Dr. recommended this Oruvail 200 mg. It really helped my pain and inflammation has gone in 3 days. And I am almost back to normal.”

Anonymous April 2, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been given ketoprofen for rheumatoid arthritis and I must say the pain has been bearable.”

Beep February 17, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking 200mg time release for 10yrs, before heavy exercise, at times I have to use a different nasid to get relief but overall very effective with swelling”

Anonymous May 11, 2009

For Pain: “This is the only medication that seems to help with my migraines, back pain and menstrual cramps.”

JB from KY December 7, 2008

For Osteoarthritis: “Ketoprofen 75 mg is the only medicine I could find that would stop the swelling and pain in my hands, elbows and back. I have taken this medicine now for two years. Now I only take it when I get a flair up, only about once every couple weeks. I can now play golf and do things like I did in my younger days. At 62 I recommend you try it. I think you might like it, I have no side effects from it.”

Missing OrudisKT October 16, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: “This is the absolute best thing that I have used for migraines, muscle aches, and menstrual pain. I wish that OrudisKT was still available OTC.”

Anonymous September 12, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: “It's unfortunate this pain reliever has been removed from over the counter use. It was one of a very few that actually helped my pain from thrombic angiitis obliterans. It also helped my brother and 2 sisters with migraines. In my view it is much like ibuprofen except slightly stronger and much more effective.”

1 happy man July 15, 2008

For Pain: “I use this medication for the herniated disc in my neck. Severe pain went down my right arm. Couldn't deal with it, but ketoprofen made 95 to 100% of pain go away. Great stuff.”

mabnola July 6, 2008

Orudis KT (ketoprofen) for Pain: “It's the best for back pain...absolutely the best!”