User Reviews for Trulicity to treat Diabetes, Type 2 (Page 4)

Trulicity has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 719 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 37% of those users who reviewed Trulicity reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Trulicity Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Trulicity

Rana · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

“I took my first dose 3 days ago and I haven't had any side effects so far. I read the reviews after I had given myself the dose and became worried. I haven't had any food or drinks with sugar though. My experience so far is good. Let's see how the 2nd dosage goes next week. I am also taking Levimir, metformin and saxagliptin.”

StewyDorset · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

“Lucky for us in UK meds all free on the NHS. So have now been on Trulicity for 3 weeks. 1st week awful nausea with tummy ache. Appetite non existent. 2nd week similar but noticed nausea reduced, in fact comes and goes in bouts. Not too much bloating but gassy at times. Bloods down dramatically to 5.5_6.5. Reduced Gliclizide from 2 per day down to half tablet per day. 3rd week feeling much better with side effects reduced further again. Weight loss over 3 weeks average 10 pounds so very happy. Intend to stay on this for the long term with exercise my weight will come off quickly. Very happy with Trulicity and if you are lucky like me stay on it. Sorry for all of you who couldn't to stick with it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

“I took one shot of Trulicity 2 weeks ago. I missed a whole week of work because of nausea, dizziness, fatigue, vision problems. I can’t think straight. I called my doctor and told her I was not taking this again. It’s been 2 weeks and I still feel horrible! Dizziness and nausea are terrible. Achy all over. How long does this stay in our bodies?”

kcchick January 14, 2019

“I was put on Trulicity to go with my Metformin (1000 mg 2x a day) in late July of 2018. My doctor warned me that I might get nauseous the first few weeks after the shot, when I eat too much, something that was high fat or something greasy and that I was to just try to go with it and not eat additional carbs like saltines or bread to calm my stomach. She was right. I got nauseous. After 2 months I had lost 20 lbs. but my sugars were the same. I changed my diet eating no gluten, no sugar and low carb, lots of veggies and higher non animal protein. I went back to my endocrinologist and my A1C was down to 5.7, my fasting blood sugar 91 and my after meal blood sugar down to 118-130. I had lost an additional 20 lbs! So in 6 months, 40 lbs total.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 24, 2020

“When I first was going to be on this I was terrified after reading reviews. Almost to the point of panic attacks when thinking about it. However, the first time I did it I was shocked at how easy it was! As for side affects, it definitely impacted my appetite for the first few months. There would be days when I would not eat at all because I felt sick just think about food. This would be for the first couple days following the injection then it’d be good. I still occasionally feel sick, but now it typically doesn’t last all day.”

Guitarman · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

“I am in my second week of treatment. Blood sugars spiked after a recent orthopedic surgery and would not come down. Ran about 60-100 points higher than optimal. Trulicity kicked in the second day and readings (about 4 per day) are running on target, slightly above target and below target (usually during the night). A good bedtime snack seems to be solving that problem. 7 day average is now 135 and I have lost a little weight. No real side effects so far. Expensive but with insurance it is doable.”

Srichey216 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2019

“2nd Review: (I did my first review on 2018-10-25)nnI started Trulicity 5/2018 and for the first 5 months, I thought the gastro side effects may well kill me. I was very close to discontinuing. BUT... My A1C went from 10.6 (yikes!) to 6.4 and as of 1/2019 is at 5.7 - hard to argue those results. This drug has commanded me to eat differently or face the consequences. In fact, truth is, I don't eat a lot anymore, at all. When I do, it's smaller portions, little grain products, light fiber, because I feel full all the time. I've lost 15 pounds. Having made it through 5 months of OMG bathroom NOW issues... The view from the other side is pretty great.”

Spruce April 30, 2020

“This is my 2nd month on Trulicity. First month I had the 1.75 and had too many side effects...nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite and some ankle swelling called doctor and he reduced dosage to the .75 and so far so good. I can’t take this med with Metformin though because I get a worse affect when I take both together”

SueBee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2019

“I’ve used Trulicity for close to a year. I’ve experienced the indigestion and diarrhea consistently every time I eat anything fried, so I try to steer clear. The one odd thing that I’ve found associated with the timing of starting the Trulicity is extreme hair loss. Very scary at my age, at any age for a woman. Has anyone noticed this problem? I’ve eliminated every possible thing in my life that it could be, and the timing is right.”

missteach10 December 20, 2020

“I began Trulicity in conjunction with Metformin. At first it was fine. Curbed appetite, lost 15 lbs, no side effects. Each check up, the dosage would go up. Then came the nausea & horrible smelling burps. Next came the vomiting. It’s the worst feeling. Gonna see if we can scale back because this is ridiculous!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

“I have been using Trulicity for about two months now and it works. My blood sugar used to be between 140 to 160 after work daily. Since I started using Trulicity it has been between 85 to 95 daily. I have had no side effects and have even lost some weight using this. I have nothing but good things to say about Trulicity.”

Trulicity Gal.... April 12, 2017

“I started w/ Victoza but I switched to Trulicity in Feb & WOW it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've lost 25 pounds including exercise & no snacking on junk food, no fried food or red meat. This med really curbs your appetite. Works great for me! I pray it works for whomever is reading this good luck...”

Andy · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

“Started taking Trulicity a month ago. I've gotta say it is working great. Blood sugars have been cut in half. I haven't had readings around 100 in years. The first week after taking initial shot was quite an experience. I stayed home from work, couldn't drive and mostly laid in bed from the dizziness.”

Brad · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

“Trulicity is not for everyone. My doctor prescribed it for me - I am a controlled diabetic type 2. I stopped taking 100mg Januvia and began taking Trulicity - monitoring my blood glucose levels daily. Instead of declining or even staying the same - my glucose levels began to increase - rising from 118 (fasting) to as high as 158. Two hour post meals levels increased an even higher percentage. After testing it for 4 weeks - thinking perhaps my body just needed to adjust - I contacted my doctor and she said to stop taking it immediately. I returned to Januvia and glucose levels returned to 100--108. Trulicity is not for everyone.”

kat · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

“Nope! is Trulicity not for me! Vomiting every day multiple times, nausea, fatigue. I can't even lift my arm to brush my teeth, or walk 10 feet without feeling I'm going to pass out. Heart beating out of my chest. Only had one dose, never again. Poison!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 30, 2020

“I’ve been on the highest dose of Trulicity for about a year. It was added to my Metformin regiment to help lower my sugars. Never really started seeing weight decrease until the doc added Jardiance to the mix this summer. I do notice stomach issues that others have mentioned, mostly severe cramping with diarrhea. Not an everyday occurrence or even weekly, so it’s tolerable. Have lost 40 lbs in 3 months with little to no exercise and no change in eating habits. Last A1C checkup I was at 6.2 which dropped down from a 7.8 in 3 months.”

Happy but disappointed · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 27, 2020

“I've been on trulicity since 2017. I have no side effects and my A1C is 5.7. I have no complaints about the drug. Today when I tried to inject my dosage the end broke off my cover. Not realizing it had broken I tried to to inject and not feeling the little prick of the needle I looked and saw the liquid had gone into the broken cap making the shot useless. At $240.52 (my co-pay $53.21). That was a very expensive wasted dosage.”

Ms.Class A · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2016

“This is my second month on this drug and all I have to say is on 4/13/16 Dr. Visit I weighed in at 184lbs. before starting drug, tried Victozia sample for a month... The only side effect was the pain in the right side of my neck OMG...insurance approved me for Trulicity $25 copay which was great!!! Blood sugars where 150-180 before...took Metformin 1000mg ×2 daily. Anyway been on Trulicity for 2 months now, went for follow up on 6/1/16 I now weigh 169lbs. And my highest blood sugar was 112. I am a black female at age 37 with type 2 diabetes now under control and I look and feel great...just a little heartburn from time to time..can't wait to see my blood work results/A1C..stay tuned!#”

Beautiful disaster... · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

“One year ago this past October on my 45th birthday I was diagnosed with DM 2 out of the blue. As it would turn out, I am one of those poorly controlled individuals. I was started on Metformin 500 mg twice a day, then Glipizide ER 5 added daily with fastings still 450. In Dec my readings stayed over 600. This is when I was introduced to "Trulicity". Week 1 not bad. Week 2 rougher, pain in pancreatic region/kidney. More intense waves of nausea/diarrhea. Tolerating. Week 3 debilitating. Nausea, mass diarrhea which was crippling. I have lost 10 lbs since starting this med Jan 7th. My blood sugars have improved, 170s...lowest it's been in a year but I have to question is it the Trulicity or the fact that I can't eat and when I try, I'm puking my guts out? This has been the worst week yet so I am done. No more Trulicity for me. I would rather suffer the consequences of poor control rather than to have an "improved" blood sugar that is still non-therapeutic and have no quality of life.”

Smartypants · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 28, 2019

“Oh my goodness... this drug is the strangest thing, Initially was constipated with severe distension of my stomach, I have Crohn’s disease also but that’s been controlled well. After getting to higher dose lost about 14lbs side effects were bearable and hba1c went to normal ranges. Decided to try and come off drug after a year... big mistake. My BGL levels went up, diabetic symptoms returned, went back on trulicity and I’ve had severe bowel urgency and accidents in public, sulphur burps (pepto Bismal , cures that) general feeling of unwell and stomach pain ( it’s just like having out of control Crohn’s disease, but I know it’s not that.. I’m taking myself off it as can’t handle it anymore ”

Peteforsake August 16, 2017

“Finally I have found a drug that works for me! In 2 months I have lost 25lbs. My sugar levels are at an all time low. Yes I get some nausea and a little upset stomach but nothing different than before being on other shots/meds. What I have found that works for me is eating a heck of a lot less. If your not feeling hungry, don't eat unless your sugar is low of course. Eat very small portions. If you start to feeling full, STOP eating! Very small portions and relax. That's my .02 This is the best drug I have found since being diabetic but being a realist, drugs react differently to the individual. You won't know till you try.”

Kathy January 26, 2020

“On Trulicity for 2 months. Suddenly uncontrollable explosive painful diarrhea 10 to 12 times a day. Unable to eat much and lost 40 lbs in 8 weeks. I now have decreased kidney function. I suffered for 8 weeks, four trips to doctors, 2 trips to the hospital. Finally, I requested a colonoscopy, that should tell you how desperate I was. Biopsies were taken during the colonoscopy. Results returned inflammatory bowel disease. Treatment now is 4 months on steroids. So now I get to go through the side effects of the steroids. I was also informed by my specialist that this disease could return at anytime. Causes of the disease included drug induced. The diarrhea, along with the abdominal pain was nearly unbearable. Beware, that this drug can cause life threatening health problems. Please save yourself. I absolutely would not recommend this drug.”

Lydia · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 23, 2019

“I’ve been taking this drug for over a year now. While it has decreased my A1C to normal, I have experienced nausea the entire time. Diarrhea the entire time, loss of appetite to the point of forgetting to eat and recently have started to have severe upper stomach pain especially after I eat. Doesn’t matter what I eat or how little or how much. The pain radiates to my back. Been doing a little research and I firmly believe this drug has caused me to have pancreatitis. All this time I thought it was normal side effects, but at some point during the past year I’ve developed another medical issue because of this drug. I am stopping usage today. I can barely eat anything. I wake up in the middle of the night in pain and it is starting to negatively affect my day to day life. Be careful with this drug and pay attention to your symptoms.”

Hey, it's me! · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

“I have injected 8 weeks of Trulicity & love it. Sometimes my stomach feels more "disturbed" but NO nausea or other issues. My blood sugars are great & I have lost a few pounds. Trulicity has been great for me!”

Martha · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2020

“I took trulicity for 7 weeks, all was well until it was nearly the end of me. I was at work and started feeling stomach pains around 10:00 a.m., by 1:30 p.m. I could no longer stand upright, I ended in the hospital for a week with severe pancreatitis attributed to trulicity. I'm now on metformin and I cannot control my blood sugars, I am extremely worried and physically very sick. I don't know what to do, I can't bring it below 300's. I am afraid of getting kidney damage.”