User Reviews for Alli

Alli Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

"I've only been taking Alli for one week now. I also joined a gym and started a diet. I'm a 26 yr old female. Last Tuesday I weighed 278lb and today, Monday, I weigh 266lb. I take a total of three pills a day. One each with my meals. I'm only at the gym for about an hour. I do about 3-5 miles on the bike or treadmill, then weight machines. My diet now consists of low calorie/low fat. Tons and tons of veggies and fruit/high protein. I think all the combination of what I am doing is why I lost 12 lbs within just six days so far. And trust me, I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism sucks! As far as side effects, I have not had any "bathroom accidents" that are apparently quite common. But like I said. I have been following the low fat diet like the packaging says to do. The only thing I have experienced is lower back pain that feels similar to period cramps. But that could also be due to me join the gym. I will definitely be finishing the bottle and hoping for even more results."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

"I took it and it helped at first but then I wasn’t breathing well this pill gave me shortness of breath it took me 5 yrs to recuperate my self it was a nightmare the worst experience in my life I felt like I had a plastic bag in my face I couldn’t breath at all"

Martha Morin February 21, 2018

"This was the worst decision I have ever made, taking this pill. I am only about 35 pounds over weight and I joined a national company and attend meetings. I started having orange bowel movements. There were droplets of orange oil all over the toilet bowl. I constantly dripped the oil and it was such a mess. I dumped the bottle in the trash. I will stick with my program and just lose a bit more slowly. Thanks for nothing Alli!!"

SandiaCee February 6, 2018

"I blame Alli for dangerously Low Platelets in my blood that happened to me after many months on Alli. The condition almost killed me "

exalli (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2018

"started Alli feeling unhealthy, no energy, not much bowel movement. 5'5 weighing 195lbs. I know most of its fat I use to lift weights years ago in younger days when I was fit. I had pregnancy diabetes Dr said if I didn't keep weight under control I'd be a diabetic later in life. Once I had baby I no longer had to take insulin but 20 years later I'm overweight. I started Alli went from 195lbs to 190lbs lost 5lbs in one week. My bm's are more consistent, I feel more energy. I walk about a mile each day, I try to watch what I eat so that I don't get oily stools with stomach cramping (Feels like menstrual cramps) sometimes I splurge on a steak dinner when my husband takes me out to dinner the rest of week it's one piece of lightly buttered toast with cup of coffee sugar/cream and an apple for breakfast, tuna sandwich with apple for lunch, and airfryer chicken or fish filet for dinner. It's been only one week on Alli I'm determined to lose 45 more lbs"

SassyCowgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

"I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks ..great way to put on the pounds taking alli"

m hood January 10, 2018

"Please Please do not use this drug. My husband who was in perfect health use this medicine and got diagnosed with colorectal cancer."

Extremecautiously January 2, 2018

"This is the only diet aid that I would use. It is non addictive, and does not cause the jitters or sleeplessness. It's easy to use and it does the job. I've use Alli selectively off and on if I've had fat in a meal for many years. We aren't supposed to eat high fat, but it's satisfying and helps prevent carbo bingeing. And not every meal contains significant amount of fat. It also helps if you need to drop weight fairly quickly. All of the rumours about Alli are true. You will need to move your bowels more often and you may get I need a bowel motion type cramps. They say some of the side effects are deliberate, to prevent you from chowing down on a heaping plateful of ribs. Once, just once, I had an accident - fortunately, I was at home."

pinch210 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

"This pill has worked for so many people so I thought I would give it a shot. I go to a dietician regularly for food allergies so my diet is already very healthy and effective. I took Alli not only for weight loss, but mostly because I had heard from friends it would help keep me regular. I will say if you cheat on your diet do not take Alli you will have oil movements instead of a normal bowel motion. However, even in my instance Alli caused me serious stomach issues. Although I did not have accidents I did have feelings that I was not going to make it to the restroom or extreme gas. This pill all depends on your body chemistry. Even with a good diet sometimes it will not work. However, I did start taking a veggie fiber after Alli and it has great benefits"

Anonymous November 29, 2017

"I have never had kidney stones and started taking alli 1-2 times a day a few months ago. I was just taken to the hospital for a kidney stone. I have not changed any other meds or anything else. I believe the stone is a direct result of alli."

Dalms November 10, 2017

"Rated Alli an 8 as I am using in conjunction with weight watchers, so don’t know if it is WW, Alli or the combination of the two, I have not experienced any side effects and week 1 lost 5lb"

Aug73 October 10, 2017

"I've been taking alli for 3 weeks (only on week days with a bit of cheating at the weekend) and I've lost half a stone. You won't get any nasty side effects as long as you limit your fat intake to less than 15g a meal and avoid high fat foods. It's not a miracle drug, you can't just take it with an unhealthy diet (you will get the side effects then!) but with a healthy diet and exercise it increases your rate of weight loss. I think it's worth the money."

KateGW887 August 3, 2017

"I agree, the awful side effects only happen when you deviate from the low-fat, reduced calorie diet. I have tried so many things and this is really the only thing that has worked for me. I have been taking it for a month now and have lost 6 pounds! In the past, I was only able to lose about half a pound a week on low calorie diets (fasting, intermittent fasting, Whole 30, weight watchers, etc). I have not had any accidents because I am afraid to eat anything that might make the side effects occur. It is such a great deterrent for me and it is working! I plan to take it until I lose another 30 pounds."

Daltonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

"The moment I hit 30, my metabolism slowed. Despite working out and eating healthy, I felt bloated after I ate and I was irregular. I really felt like my body was overloaded and not processing things at a normal speed but I felt lethargic and hungry so I was starting to get depressed over the whole thing. I tried diuretics/lax and increasing fiber to no avail and the cramping sucked. This is making a real difference. I feel leaner and lighter and my joints aren't so overtaxed carrying the extra weight. My energy is way better. It's messy at times and not easy but if you have two weeks of down time where you can be by the bathroom, give this a go."

Kimber17 July 13, 2017

"Okay so after reading some of the reviews I was a little reluctant to try Alli. There were comments saying how you would poop yourself etc. Well let me tell you no that does not happen if your eating a healthy diet . I love it and yes instead of losing the typical 2 pounds a week I am losing 3. So happy I tried this and will continue to use it . Down 16 pounds and 24 to go ! Check it out yourself before you read all the ridiculous comments . Eat healthy and yes it works!"

Kar4em11 July 1, 2017

"I am not obese but I decided to try Alli as a weight loss supplement to help with my diet because I have zero willpower. I like to eat and eat until I'm full and I like pizza. I was 5'8" and 160 lbs. 40D-29-34. Dress size M/8. With no diet change, I lost a few pounds using Alli. Enough to throw out some too big clothing. At day 90 I changed my diet and began eating healthier and there's a change in my body shape. I had IBS constipation but Alli removed the need for me to take prescriptions for my IBS. I don't have accidents but I am very regular now -like clockwork! And the Alli works for me to lose the few lbs. I needed to lose. I can fit into a 6."

Maggiemaggamuff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 3, 2017

"If you're having problems with oily farts then you're not following the recommendation of a reduced fat diet! That oil is fat your body isn't absorbing, anytime it starts happening to me it's my reminder I need to watch what I eat!! I also have IBS I now have regular BMs and haven't been as bloated. Also my appetite isn't as strong where I'm binge eating and I'm not craving junk food as much."

Unique Monique May 13, 2017

"I have a feeling that the people commenting that it "doesn't work" are the ones expecting Alli to be a "miracle pill" for weight loss. You CANNOT eat rubbish whilst taking these, it won't work. It's as simple as that. Yes, the pounds won't literally slide off you, but they assist you alongside a healthy, low fat diet and exercise. I lost a steady 2lbs / 3lbs a week using these. Diet was full of fish, meat, fruit and veggies, and I snacked on healthy nuts and seeds (I also took a multivitamin supplement as recommended). I did HIIT workouts and jogged 3-4 times a week. They work if you put the effort in and they're used properly."

xnicnak (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

"I have always been a small person but now I am 23 lbs. overweight for the 2nd go around again. I thought I would try Alli instead of going to get a prescription this time. It cost me $62.00 plus. I have been using it for 3 weeks and it does absolutely nothing to help curb your appetite, if anything, I seemed to eat more. So I thought I would try taking more than the suggested, well that did nothing either. I will report that there were no side effects or illness or anything like that which I have read on some postings. Alli was a big waste of money for me and I will just have to go and get a prescription again, which does work. Alli is Not a substitute for a prescription diet pill, no matter what it states."

Chessa April 18, 2017

"I started taking Alli because I had read that it may loosen the stools. I have milk issues that when I drink milk I get bound up which is very painful. I was told lactose lol um... nope, (drank lactose free milk and had the worst belly pains ever) so I decided to try Alli I only take a pill at night and have bm the next morning Yay! I do have oily yuck left in the toilet but hey loosing a bit of weight even with just the one pill!"

GAULDIN March 29, 2017

"In the past I used the prescription strength orlistat 120mg and I lost 45-50 pounds, short term, I also used portion control, exercised daily and felt the side affects if I ate something I shouldn't have. Years later Alli was on the shelf after I went to the Dr in need of help to lose the pesky 10-20 pounds and my Dr told me to use alli but double the dose and it is equivalent to prescription strength. So far I am down 6 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. Alli is only a temporary kickstart to any weight loss plan and is not intended for long term use. It has worked for me. The right way is to get up and move and know your portions and drink plenty of water!!"

Dcharger06 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

"I was reading the reviews and could not believe people had so much trouble with oily leakage. It clearly states that you cannot eat high fat foods. If you think you can take Alli and continue eating all kinds of high fat and fried foods, then you will have the oily side effects that are CLEARLY stated in the accompanying literature. Alli works great when taken with a low fat, healthy diet. It helps remove about 1/3 of the fat from the food you eat. I have taken it for a month now along with weight watchers. I have lost 12 lbs. and only had one experience with an oily accident. That was due to the fact that I went to a Mexican restaurant the night before and ate with abandon. I knew better, but I did it anyway and took the Alli pill."

bestie March 27, 2017

"The side effects were not worth any potential weight loss. I spent way too much time on the toilet. I wasn't even having bowel movements. I would sit there and "oil" for hours. I had accidents, and "oiled" myself with this nasty orange oil. I'd rather be a fat cow than have accidents in my pants."

Scarlet999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

"I used Alli for about three weeks . I didn't notice it helping me lose weight faster than I can with a weight watchers program . It did increase my bowel movements. I did have some stomach discomfort and gas. I stopped using it at the end of the third week because I went out to dinner and took my pill with my meal and it made me extremely ILL. Vomiting and Diarrhoea for over eight hours !!! I would not recommend this product to anybody !!! Weight watchers is working out very well for me . Eating healthy and exercise is the only way to go, there is no magic pill!!! I had to find out the hard way !"

Marie72Marie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

"I've taken this a few times and it does work, it definitely helps with the low cal diet. And yes u will side effects if u eat high fat foods and take it. But 100 percent it works"

Ready for it again January 26, 2017