User Reviews for Alli

Learn more about Alli.

Alli Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

"Was taking many medications for a condition which caused a lot of weight gain. After weaning off, dr. put me on low cal, low carb diet with a prescription diet aid that worked but scary. I continued ti lose after stopping rx diet pill but then plateaud for a long time and started gaining slowly. Chose Alli to help things start moving along. So far I'm pleased. Psychologicaly, it helps motivate me since I spent money on an FDA approved diet pill. It helps so I can eat meals a little higher in cal than original diet which makes it more sustainable. In 3 days I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained back. I exercise almosr daily- for years. Try to make healthy choices and not eat late. Take with lunch and dinner where my fat and calories are a more"

Sofargood (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

"I used alli because I wanted to lose weight but needed help with commitment to my diet it's been about a week and I lost 5lbs surprisingly it helped with my bloating and constipation which may also be why I lost 5lbs in a week not looking for a miracle pill just something to help out like a guard rail at the bowling alley you may not get a strike but at least you didn't get a gutter ball lol"

MrsCarter November 7, 2016

"Nothing - I experienced Nothing. I would Not suggest this product to Anyone. after wasting $64.00 I am so Disappointed"

I took this as directed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

"This product definitely works for me except here are some scary side effects (taken for 3 years) gum deterioration, tooth decay, weakness, fever and chills. Guess who's quitting Alli?"

Love fatty foods (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

"Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016

"Worked brilliantly, I cut down my fat intake a week before starting them & continued this whilst on them, I lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks!! Really really pleased with the result & have just ordered my second months supply. You HAVE to reduce you fat intake to stop any unpleasant side effects, I'm now at the point where I don't want to eat high levels of fat because I don't want to suffer the consequences!!! Worked for me!!!"

Gemmie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"Alli was working for me unfortunately I have medications for high blood pressure and seizures and Alli was affecting the absorption of those medications and I had to stop taking it. I loved it though."

JessicaHarp August 12, 2016

"I lost 75 pounds when I used Alli. I ate low fat foods like egg whites, low fat yogurt, salads with chicken breasts & low fat dressing, sugar free popcicles, tomato soup, lean turkey, chicken, & turkey. I added salsa, green peppers, onions, & mushrooms to make the food go farther & for taste. Lots of lean protI took one Alli when I ate a meal that contained fat. I also started walking. I walked 3/4 mile at first, then 1 mile, & then 2. If I cheated, it wasn't fun! If I ate a piece of pizza & took an Alli pill, it gave me the oily runs which wasn't fun. That made me not cheat! When I stopped exercising, and not eating right I gained the weight back. It's like any healthy lifestyle, you have to make changes to lose weight!"

1lifetimechange August 5, 2016

"I think most people expect changes in body too quickly. I have been on alli for three weeks I am down 4 lbs. I am eating smaller meals and in a consistent exercise plan. I never expected alli to make me rock hard after a month. I plan to use for 2 months to help kick start my second 15 lbs. Alli works if you follow restrictions not going to work with an extremely fat meal. This is supposed to supplement a new life style change. If I only lose 3 to 4 pounds more I will be happy. I am not expecting alli to work after 3rd month. I have 6 more pounds to lose before vacation and another 8 to 10 this year. The lesson is you still need to watch how much you eat. You also need to be active 3 to 4 days a week period. 15 lbs this year and 15 next"

Cheeky soccur star (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

"Do not waste your money, I repeat do not waste your money. I have been taking alli over a week now and it has made me bloated and I even gained a pound. Last night was the last straw, as I was washing my hands I had a orange oily accident and this is was so embarrassing it leaked through the shorts and I almost cried. Now I'm stuck with a bottle of capsules and out $70 a complete waste."

Mommyto4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

"I was so excited when i purchase the alli pills I started eating less 3 meals a day and 1 snack and my 3 pills didn't miss a day and I walk 5 times a week 3 in a half miles and no change was so ever I was scare to go on the scale I finally did after taking the pills for 20 days and did not loss not even 1 pound these pills do not work at all . I will not buy them again sorry wastes of my time and money "

Hello 42 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

"It does what it says, so 3 stars. If you like orange oil coming out your butt, missing work, and fryer grease farts, then you'll like Alli. I'm thinking, if you don't have a lot of fat in your food, then it might be tolerable, but I'm not willing to find out. "

DudleyDooWrong May 9, 2016

"No side affects don't work they used to be amazing. Have used for 3?weeks waste of time and money !! They should be discontinued its dreadful hardly any medication in each capsule"

Scam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"I purchased Alli back in 2009 (Great worked a treat and lost weight) and since I have had two more attempts in 2014, now 2016. The product does not work at all. This time I have been taking for over one week, I have experienced constipation and flatulence. The product was purchased from reputable pharmacies and again i feel I just wasted my hard earned money. I am unsure what has changed. However, I know one thing the product is definitely not the same, I feel like the tablets are duds. No change to my weight, just embarrassing wind, stomach cramps, it makes you feel bunged up. no change to stool what so ever, not even if fatty food is introduced to diet. My advice is do not bother, I wont from now on. Hope this helps :("

hsibbur April 26, 2016

"I started taking Alli once I plateaued after losing about 12lbs and it has kick started my weight loss again. I am on a daily exercise routine and try to stay very active. My eating habits are not great but not bad. With Alli if you eat too much fat you will have "side effects". With my experience I have had soft stools with oil slicks and oily Flatulence which is unpleasant but a motivation to stop me from eating things I shouldn't be eating. It acts as a consequence to your stupid choices, which I need. After a solid week of taking it 3x a day with each meal I have lost 2 lbs this week. I was stalled for 4 weeks without any loss which is very frustrating! This works, hands down! 30 lb to go."

Sunny_dayz April 16, 2016

"nothing you can lose at all with this pills - only your money ,even with very strict diet"

verina123456789 April 16, 2016

"Very bad did not work at all made me sick"

TURBO777 April 10, 2016

"I've lost about 5lbs in a little over a week. I'm not sure at this point how much of that weight loss has been from Alli or if it was from changing my diet and eliminating sugars and carbs. I can see the oily fat in the stools. Yesterday I made a BIG mistake and ate frys and a fried chicken sandwich. Since I have had two accidents, where my flatulance has spewed large amounts of oil into my underwear. Was not expecting that. Will not eat a high fat meal again on these pills."

SamanthaC2016 March 14, 2016

"I started talking Alli February 18, 2016, I've lost 9 lbs so far (3 weeks)! Week one I did not change my eating habits but I could tell the pills were working due to frequent visits to the rest room. Week two, I started eating healthier and noticed that I wasn't using the bathroom as much. I did not rate alli a 10 because I was constipated for 2 days, although it could be due to the fact thag i am no longer eating greasy goods like I was during week one. Overall I love Alli and it is really working for me. Losing those 9lbs motivated me to keep going!!"

Very Pleased:) (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"Worked well for me. Lost 7 pounds in one month with no exercise. Haven't gained it back either."

Anonymous February 22, 2016

"I took alli faithfully prior to the 2014 recall. It worked wonderful. I lost a lot of weight and inches. Since it came back on the market I have been taking it to lose again what I gained back and to help me as I quit smoking. It no longer works at all like it did prior to the recall. Something has changed in the product, what? I have contacted GSK for input, waiting for a reply."

Tobarock (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

"Just want to update since previous review: To understand how this product works you have to know what it does. It blocks a certain amount of the fat you eat from being aborbed into your body and thus reduces your calorie/fat intake. It's not a miracle drug, if you eat a very high fat diet yes it may help a bit but it won't do ALL the work. Also, if you eat little/no fat anyway it can't help as it won't do anything for you. It can't block fat that isn't there. If like me you're on a long term diet it can really boost your success. I have gone from a bmi of 47 to 39 in 6 months. Still some way to go but Alli is helping a great deal and keeps me motivated with consistent weekly weight losses."

Lusiphur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

"I took alli for 2 days and now I pee blood so bad I am so scared , I stop taking it right away, will not take it again"

111 elena January 22, 2016

"I started ALLI on Saturday 16th. I took all 3 pills throughtout the day with my moderately fat diet and its now Tuesday 19th and I've not had one oily stool or 'accidents'. My flatulence has increased and I have a gurgly sensation in my belly once in a while. Just wondering if these things are going to work. I will weigh myself in a few days to see"

alicianokeys January 19, 2016

"I went through a weight loss program at my local hospital (protein shakes, healthy meal) I lost 48 pounds met my Goal August, 2015. Throughout my program and presently if I have a fatty meal I take an Alli maybe one every other day. It is amazing for weight loss maintenance in the past the pounds would be creeping I keep things in check but it is wonderful to occasionally have a treat. Highly recommend for post weight loss maintenance."

Rustyk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016