User Reviews for Alli

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Alli.

Alli Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

"I have never had kidney stones and started taking alli 1-2 times a day a few months ago. I was just taken to the hospital for a kidney stone. I have not changed any other meds or anything else. I believe the stone is a direct result of alli."

Dalms November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Rated Alli an 8 as I am using in conjunction with weight watchers, so don’t know if it is WW, Alli or the combination of the two, I have not experienced any side effects and week 1 lost 5lb"

Aug73 October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking alli for 3 weeks (only on week days with a bit of cheating at the weekend) and I've lost half a stone. You won't get any nasty side effects as long as you limit your fat intake to less than 15g a meal and avoid high fat foods. It's not a miracle drug, you can't just take it with an unhealthy diet (you will get the side effects then!) but with a healthy diet and exercise it increases your rate of weight loss. I think it's worth the money."

KateGW887 August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I agree, the awful side effects only happen when you deviate from the low-fat, reduced calorie diet. I have tried so many things and this is really the only thing that has worked for me. I have been taking it for a month now and have lost 6 pounds! In the past, I was only able to lose about half a pound a week on low calorie diets (fasting, intermittent fasting, Whole 30, weight watchers, etc). I have not had any accidents because I am afraid to eat anything that might make the side effects occur. It is such a great deterrent for me and it is working! I plan to take it until I lose another 30 pounds."

Daltonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The moment I hit 30, my metabolism slowed. Despite working out and eating healthy, I felt bloated after I ate and I was irregular. I really felt like my body was overloaded and not processing things at a normal speed but I felt lethargic and hungry so I was starting to get depressed over the whole thing. I tried diuretics/lax and increasing fiber to no avail and the cramping sucked. This is making a real difference. I feel leaner and lighter and my joints aren't so overtaxed carrying the extra weight. My energy is way better. It's messy at times and not easy but if you have two weeks of down time where you can be by the bathroom, give this a go."

Kimber17 July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Okay so after reading some of the reviews I was a little reluctant to try Alli. There were comments saying how you would poop yourself etc. Well let me tell you no that does not happen if your eating a healthy diet . I love it and yes instead of losing the typical 2 pounds a week I am losing 3. So happy I tried this and will continue to use it . Down 16 pounds and 24 to go ! Check it out yourself before you read all the ridiculous comments . Eat healthy and yes it works!"

Kar4em11 July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am not obese but I decided to try Alli as a weight loss supplement to help with my diet because I have zero willpower. I like to eat and eat until I'm full and I like pizza. I was 5'8" and 160 lbs. 40D-29-34. Dress size M/8. With no diet change, I lost a few pounds using Alli. Enough to throw out some too big clothing. At day 90 I changed my diet and began eating healthier and there's a change in my body shape. I had IBS constipation but Alli removed the need for me to take prescriptions for my IBS. I don't have accidents but I am very regular now -like clockwork! And the Alli works for me to lose the few lbs. I needed to lose. I can fit into a 6."

Maggiemaggamuff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you're having problems with oily farts then you're not following the recommendation of a reduced fat diet! That oil is fat your body isn't absorbing, anytime it starts happening to me it's my reminder I need to watch what I eat!! I also have IBS I now have regular BMs and haven't been as bloated. Also my appetite isn't as strong where I'm binge eating and I'm not craving junk food as much."

Unique Monique May 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a feeling that the people commenting that it "doesn't work" are the ones expecting Alli to be a "miracle pill" for weight loss. You CANNOT eat rubbish whilst taking these, it won't work. It's as simple as that. Yes, the pounds won't literally slide off you, but they assist you alongside a healthy, low fat diet and exercise. I lost a steady 2lbs / 3lbs a week using these. Diet was full of fish, meat, fruit and veggies, and I snacked on healthy nuts and seeds (I also took a multivitamin supplement as recommended). I did HIIT workouts and jogged 3-4 times a week. They work if you put the effort in and they're used properly."

xnicnak (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have always been a small person but now I am 23 lbs. overweight for the 2nd go around again. I thought I would try Alli instead of going to get a prescription this time. It cost me $62.00 plus. I have been using it for 3 weeks and it does absolutely nothing to help curb your appetite, if anything, I seemed to eat more. So I thought I would try taking more than the suggested, well that did nothing either. I will report that there were no side effects or illness or anything like that which I have read on some postings. Alli was a big waste of money for me and I will just have to go and get a prescription again, which does work. Alli is Not a substitute for a prescription diet pill, no matter what it states."

Chessa April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Alli because I had read that it may loosen the stools. I have milk issues that when I drink milk I get bound up which is very painful. I was told lactose lol um... nope, (drank lactose free milk and had the worst belly pains ever) so I decided to try Alli I only take a pill at night and have bm the next morning Yay! I do have oily yuck left in the toilet but hey loosing a bit of weight even with just the one pill!"

GAULDIN March 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In the past I used the prescription strength orlistat 120mg and I lost 45-50 pounds, short term, I also used portion control, exercised daily and felt the side affects if I ate something I shouldn't have. Years later Alli was on the shelf after I went to the Dr in need of help to lose the pesky 10-20 pounds and my Dr told me to use alli but double the dose and it is equivalent to prescription strength. So far I am down 6 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. Alli is only a temporary kickstart to any weight loss plan and is not intended for long term use. It has worked for me. The right way is to get up and move and know your portions and drink plenty of water!!"

Dcharger06 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was reading the reviews and could not believe people had so much trouble with oily leakage. It clearly states that you cannot eat high fat foods. If you think you can take Alli and continue eating all kinds of high fat and fried foods, then you will have the oily side effects that are CLEARLY stated in the accompanying literature. Alli works great when taken with a low fat, healthy diet. It helps remove about 1/3 of the fat from the food you eat. I have taken it for a month now along with weight watchers. I have lost 12 lbs. and only had one experience with an oily accident. That was due to the fact that I went to a Mexican restaurant the night before and ate with abandon. I knew better, but I did it anyway and took the Alli pill."

bestie March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The side effects were not worth any potential weight loss. I spent way too much time on the toilet. I wasn't even having bowel movements. I would sit there and "oil" for hours. I had accidents, and "oiled" myself with this nasty orange oil. I'd rather be a fat cow than have accidents in my pants."

Scarlet999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used Alli for about three weeks . I didn't notice it helping me lose weight faster than I can with a weight watchers program . It did increase my bowel movements. I did have some stomach discomfort and gas. I stopped using it at the end of the third week because I went out to dinner and took my pill with my meal and it made me extremely ILL. Vomiting and Diarrhoea for over eight hours !!! I would not recommend this product to anybody !!! Weight watchers is working out very well for me . Eating healthy and exercise is the only way to go, there is no magic pill!!! I had to find out the hard way !"

Marie72Marie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've taken this a few times and it does work, it definitely helps with the low cal diet. And yes u will side effects if u eat high fat foods and take it. But 100 percent it works"

Ready for it again January 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Alli when I was 20 years old and lost 60 pounds all of which I was able to maintain for the last 4 years until recently I have gained the 60 pounds back. I'm seriously thinking of taking them again because it motivated me to eat healthy and exercise. It DOES make you go to the restroom if you eat fatty foods but it really helps get your digestive track moving. Like I said I lost 60 pounds within the first 6 months of using it."

victoria.xoxo January 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Alli for a month. I take it three times a day along with exercise about 3 days a week by walking and running. I started out weighing 222 and now I am down to 215 and shrinking. IT WORKS!! I have tried so many weigh loss pills and this is the only one I have used that actually works. At first it worried me to see the oil substance in my stool but I quickly learned it was my body fat residue leaving my body. I feel great and I will continue using the product. My advice is not to rely on any product to loose weight. Use the product but get off your lazy butt and exercise and eat right and by doing so with this product you will achieve results."

HoustonSidney January 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Once again I fell for a product despite knowing better. There is no such thing as a weight loss pill. Nothing. Weight loss comes from modified diet and exercise. There's no magic pill. Not only didn't I lose any weight... I GAINED another 10 lbs. This was a waste of money and I suspect messed with my metabolism in the process. The makers of this placebo should refund all our money. Total con."

Disappointed in Oregon December 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's feel so good go to eat with no regret and then see all that fat in the water when I go to the bathroom what else I need to say this medication really work. Very happy!"

Jackiepr December 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was taking many medications for a condition which caused a lot of weight gain. After weaning off, dr. put me on low cal, low carb diet with a prescription diet aid that worked but scary. I continued ti lose after stopping rx diet pill but then plateaud for a long time and started gaining slowly. Chose Alli to help things start moving along. So far I'm pleased. Psychologicaly, it helps motivate me since I spent money on an FDA approved diet pill. It helps so I can eat meals a little higher in cal than original diet which makes it more sustainable. In 3 days I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained back. I exercise almosr daily- for years. Try to make healthy choices and not eat late. Take with lunch and dinner where my fat and calories are a more"

Sofargood (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used alli because I wanted to lose weight but needed help with commitment to my diet it's been about a week and I lost 5lbs surprisingly it helped with my bloating and constipation which may also be why I lost 5lbs in a week not looking for a miracle pill just something to help out like a guard rail at the bowling alley you may not get a strike but at least you didn't get a gutter ball lol"

MrsCarter November 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Nothing - I experienced Nothing. I would Not suggest this product to Anyone. after wasting $64.00 I am so Disappointed"

I took this as directed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This product definitely works for me except here are some scary side effects (taken for 3 years) gum deterioration, tooth decay, weakness, fever and chills. Guess who's quitting Alli?"

Love fatty foods (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016