User Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

Alli Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 51 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli

"I took Alli because I just wanted to shed 15 pounds. At first I was starting to lose weight but then I ruined a few pairs of pants and a bedsheet thanks to the embarrassing and unexpected oil leaks. lol. Needless to say, it’s not worth the discomfort and embarrassment of being out in public and not knowing if/when you’ll have a very noticeable accident."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2019

"Took alli for a month. 1500 calories per day. No weight loss."

Kayw (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2019

"I used Alli years ago and it worked awesome, I lost a lot of weight in a relatively short amount of time. They took it off the shelves for a period of time and then reintroduced back to the retailers. I have tried it several times since the Alli has been back on shelves and it is complete garbage, waste of money and time. I could drink a whole bottle of olive oil and have absolutely no effects. What a waste........I meticulously follow the directions and it does not help shed any extra pounds."

Winter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2019

"I am not obese, just wanted to lose 20 lbs that I have not had luck shedding over the years. I have been taking Alli for 3 months now and have not lost any weight. It did however, help me from being constipated. If you're having trouble pooping, Alli will help."

Robby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

"I have been taking Alli for 2 weeks I changed my diet started eating healthier and have gained 3 pounds there are times I'm not sure if I will make it to the bathroom in time I go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day now and it's mostly yellow oily liquid. I'm throwing them away what a waste of money"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

"These do not work any more like they did back in 2010 .You took out the ingredients that really worked WHY! Friends will definitely know not to but these they don't work .Waste of my money now."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

"Years ago my doctor put me on Orlistat which worked wonderfully! I was able to easily lose 10-15 pounds in the first month which in turn motivated me to keep going even without the pill. Now years later when the same medication is over the counter it is half the strength as when it first came out. It never seemed to work as good. So this time I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt & take TWO to see if it would work the same way is used to….Needless to say it did NOT! One night while taking the pill out, I placed it on top of my dresser. The light from the bathroom hit it just right and I noticed something. I held the Alli pill up to the light and low and behold it was not even HALF full! You have taken something that actually worked for countless people without any serious side effects and turned it into something worthless! I again have wasted my money on your product when I can get better results from eating half a pack of sugarless gum! Thanks for nothing…."

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

"I started taking Alli 2x a day 10 days ago. I only had 15 pounds that I've been struggling to lose. It's curbed my appetite and I've lost 3 1/2 pounds in 10 days! The only Con if you eat a high fat meal you will be stuck on the toilet tomorrow morning. It will definitely remind you not to do that again. What I love about Alli no jittery diet pill side effects and rapid weight loss."

Tiff (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

"I started taking Alli the other day. I have had to purchase Poise pads, just in case of an oil gas or stool. I have read nothing but horror stories. But I am just experiencing extra bowel movements in the toilet. Mild stomach cramps. I wear the pads in case of anything due to side effects, but have had nothing at all. Lost weight already. But I am not hungry at all. I tried out the first day on a Sunday in case of adverse side effects. So far....so good. Hopefully this can be my go to for weight management going forward."

Margil (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

"I took Alli 11 yrs ago only for less than 2 months and I still have all the side effects. I had my gallbladder removed, diagnosed with liver disease and do not feel like a myself anymore. Do NOT take these pills."

Janile (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

"Alli is a miracle drug. You must eat within normal guidelines to lose weight. I do not recommend binging out on foods because Alli will make you go to bathroom.. a lot! I eat 1200 calories a day, take 4 pills a day and exercise 5-7 days a week. I've been taking these pills for 1 month and lost about 11 pounds..( down 35 total now from 8 months ago) I take them 1 week on and 1 week off to give my body a break so technically 11 pounds taking them 2 weeks.. Definitely recommend"

Vangel (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

"I lost over 20 lbs in 2008 & could only take 1 pill a day & the most was 2 a day & kept it off with just 1 pill a day, without out exercising because of back problems & couldn’t exercise. It was a miracle pill for me because it even helped my acid reflux when nexium & other meds’s didn’t work. But in 2012 when they had a shortage of them here so I started getting the orilast from India instead of the USA but it DOESN’T work. I’ve tried taking 2 pills at each meal & only got greasy stools but didn’t lose not 1 lb. I wasn’t immune to it either because I had to wait almost 6 months or more for it to buy otc again..Even tried the prescription brand as well & no difference..So sad that you can’t buy U.S.A. products anymore!!"

SusieQ June 25, 2018

"People keep saying all kinds of stuff about Alli does not work but it clearly states it is a weight loss aid and you need to exercise and eat right. Don’t forget that weight loss will take the duration your body took to gain weight. Take control of your body and stop blaming and whining. I lost 50 lb with diet, daily exercise and Alli in 6 months"

Banda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

"I almost decided not to try Alli because of the horror stories but I'm glad I did. First two days I had minor nausea and slight cramping but it never reoccured after that. I have followed the diet and fat requirements and I have never had an accident or any problems and I am on week 4. The only slight day to day issue is minor constipation and a little gas. Not enough to make me stop taking it. I ate in a restaurant for the first time and did not have access to nutrition content and had no issues. If you are serious about diet and weight loss, give it a try and don't let the horror stories deter you."

Baby Shell (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

"I've only been taking Alli for one week now. I also joined a gym and started a diet. I'm a 26 yr old female. Last Tuesday I weighed 278lb and today, Monday, I weigh 266lb. I take a total of three pills a day. One each with my meals. I'm only at the gym for about an hour. I do about 3-5 miles on the bike or treadmill, then weight machines. My diet now consists of low calorie/low fat. Tons and tons of veggies and fruit/high protein. I think all the combination of what I am doing is why I lost 12 lbs within just six days so far. And trust me, I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism sucks! As far as side effects, I have not had any "bathroom accidents" that are apparently quite common. But like I said. I have been following the low fat diet like the packaging says to do. The only thing I have experienced is lower back pain that feels similar to period cramps. But that could also be due to me join the gym. I will definitely be finishing the bottle and hoping for even more results."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

"I took it and it helped at first but then I wasn’t breathing well this pill gave me shortness of breath it took me 5 yrs to recuperate my self it was a nightmare the worst experience in my life I felt like I had a plastic bag in my face I couldn’t breath at all"

Martha Morin February 21, 2018

"This was the worst decision I have ever made, taking this pill. I am only about 35 pounds over weight and I joined a national company and attend meetings. I started having orange bowel movements. There were droplets of orange oil all over the toilet bowl. I constantly dripped the oil and it was such a mess. I dumped the bottle in the trash. I will stick with my program and just lose a bit more slowly. Thanks for nothing Alli!!"

SandiaCee February 6, 2018

"I blame Alli for dangerously Low Platelets in my blood that happened to me after many months on Alli. The condition almost killed me "

exalli (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2018

"started Alli feeling unhealthy, no energy, not much bowel movement. 5'5 weighing 195lbs. I know most of its fat I use to lift weights years ago in younger days when I was fit. I had pregnancy diabetes Dr said if I didn't keep weight under control I'd be a diabetic later in life. Once I had baby I no longer had to take insulin but 20 years later I'm overweight. I started Alli went from 195lbs to 190lbs lost 5lbs in one week. My bm's are more consistent, I feel more energy. I walk about a mile each day, I try to watch what I eat so that I don't get oily stools with stomach cramping (Feels like menstrual cramps) sometimes I splurge on a steak dinner when my husband takes me out to dinner the rest of week it's one piece of lightly buttered toast with cup of coffee sugar/cream and an apple for breakfast, tuna sandwich with apple for lunch, and airfryer chicken or fish filet for dinner. It's been only one week on Alli I'm determined to lose 45 more lbs"

SassyCowgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

"I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks ..great way to put on the pounds taking alli"

m hood January 10, 2018

"Please Please do not use this drug. My husband who was in perfect health use this medicine and got diagnosed with colorectal cancer."

Extremecautiously January 2, 2018

"This is the only diet aid that I would use. It is non addictive, and does not cause the jitters or sleeplessness. It's easy to use and it does the job. I've use Alli selectively off and on if I've had fat in a meal for many years. We aren't supposed to eat high fat, but it's satisfying and helps prevent carbo bingeing. And not every meal contains significant amount of fat. It also helps if you need to drop weight fairly quickly. All of the rumours about Alli are true. You will need to move your bowels more often and you may get I need a bowel motion type cramps. They say some of the side effects are deliberate, to prevent you from chowing down on a heaping plateful of ribs. Once, just once, I had an accident - fortunately, I was at home."

pinch210 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

"This pill has worked for so many people so I thought I would give it a shot. I go to a dietician regularly for food allergies so my diet is already very healthy and effective. I took Alli not only for weight loss, but mostly because I had heard from friends it would help keep me regular. I will say if you cheat on your diet do not take Alli you will have oil movements instead of a normal bowel motion. However, even in my instance Alli caused me serious stomach issues. Although I did not have accidents I did have feelings that I was not going to make it to the restroom or extreme gas. This pill all depends on your body chemistry. Even with a good diet sometimes it will not work. However, I did start taking a veggie fiber after Alli and it has great benefits"

Anonymous November 29, 2017

"I have never had kidney stones and started taking alli 1-2 times a day a few months ago. I was just taken to the hospital for a kidney stone. I have not changed any other meds or anything else. I believe the stone is a direct result of alli."

Dalms November 10, 2017

"Rated Alli an 8 as I am using in conjunction with weight watchers, so don’t know if it is WW, Alli or the combination of the two, I have not experienced any side effects and week 1 lost 5lb"

Aug73 October 10, 2017