Generic Name: orlistat
Dosage Form: capsule - Drug Facts
Medically reviewed on August 1, 2017
Active ingredient (in each sealed capsule)
Orlistat 60 mg
Weight loss aid
for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet
Organ transplant alert:
do not use if you have had an organ transplant. Orlistat interferes with the medicines used to prevent transplant rejection.
do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in orlistat capsules
Do not use
- if you are taking cyclosporine
- if you have been diagnosed with problems absorbing food
- if you are not overweight
Ask a doctor before use if you have ever had
- gallbladder problems
- kidney stones
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking warfarin (blood thinning medicine), or taking medicine for diabetes or thyroid disease. Your medication dose may need to be adjusted.
- taking other weight loss products
When using this product
- take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime. orlistat can reduce the absorption of some vitamins.
- follow a well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Try starting this diet before taking orlistat.
- orlistat works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes. You may get:
- gas with oily spotting
- loose stools
- more frequent stools that may be hard to control
- eating a low-fat diet lowers the chances of having these bowel changes
- for every 5 pounds you lose from diet alone, orlistat can help you lose 2-3 pounds more. In studies, most people lost 5-10 pounds over 6 months.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
severe or continuous abdominal pain occurs. This may be a sign of a serious medical condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, do not use
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- read the enclosed brochure for other important information
- diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before adding orlistat. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
- to see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart to the right. You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if your weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height.
- for overweight adults 18 years and older:
- take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat
- do not take more than 3 capsules daily
- use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months.
- if you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program
- if you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program
- take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistat
|Height / Weight Table|
|Ht. / Wt/|
- store at 20 - 25oC (68 - 77oF)
- protect drug from excessive light, humidity ad temperatures over 30oC (86oF)
FD&C Blue No. 2, edible ink, gelatin, iron oxide, microcrystAlline cellulose, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Call toll-free 1-800-671-2554 (English/Spanish) weekdays (10:00am - 4:30pm EST)
For more information and to learn more about Alli, visit us at www.MyAlli.com.
To get information in Spanish, please call toll-free 1-877-469-2554.
TAMPER- EVIDENT features for your protection. The bottle of capsules has a foil seal under the cap imprinted with the words "sealed for your protection". Each individual capsule is sealed with a dark blue band around the center of the capsule. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF ANY OF THESE TAMPER-EVIDENT FEATURES ARE MISSING, TORN OR BROKEN.
Alli, MyAlli.com, MyAlliPlan.com, Alli Shuttle and various design elements are trademarks of GlaxoSmithKline.
Consumer Healthcare, L.P.
Moon Township, PA 15108
US Patent Nos. 4,598,089
Shuttle Patent Pending
© 2007 GlaxoSmithKline
Principal Display Panel
Orlistat 60 mg Capsules
Weight Loss Aid
weight loss aid
Helps you lose more weight than dieting alone
For more information, visit www.MyAlli.com
SEE TOP OF PACKAGE FOR LISTING OF CONTENTS
The Starter Pack includes:
- Read Me First brochure
- Convenient Carrying Case
- Up to 50 day supply (150 capsules)
|Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare LP (091328625)|
More about Alli (orlistat)
- Alli Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 84 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: peripherally acting antiobesity agents
Other brands: Xenical