User Reviews for Contrave (Page 4)

Obesity
6.9
Weight Loss
6.2

Reviews for Contrave

Val3ri3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2017

For Obesity: “I've been on Contrave for 6 weeks and am 20 pounds down (Starting weight 308lb now 288lb)!! At first the side effects were pretty bad. Highly recommend to increase doses when starting this medication as the website suggests. I experienced a bit of dizziness, sweating, and dry mouth are the main side effects for me. I made myself continue on the medication and the side effects lessened as my body got used to it. Now the side effects are minimal and worth dealing with for the results I am seeing. Hang in there if your trying it out! I rarely actually feel hungry. I eat small meals just to keep my body going. The best thing and most important for me is that I DO NOT crave anything like I did before, so I can control my eating choices. What a God send!!”

OBdoc February 4, 2017

For Weight Loss: “First of all, I am an MD and very familiar with the meds in Contrave. I was actually prescribing it before I decided to try it myself. I have been 20-30lbs overweight for as long as I can now remember (at least 20 years). I had developed mild type 2 diabetes, elevated cholesterol and hypertension. I was taking a handful of pills everyday at age 45. So I started the medication 24 days ago. My weight was 184. On some of the early days I had some nausea but it always went away. I was irritable at times, and some days when I literally forgot to eat I would get jittery and feel bad (but not hungry) because I'm sure my blood sugar was low. So my results so far: today I am 165.8. I am down 18 lbs in 24 days. BMI down 3 points. this is no gimmick!”

Anonymous August 4, 2020

For Obesity: “After 5 days of taking contrave, I had severe constipation. So bad that after taking a laxative, I was puking and almost passing out. Finally after a couple hours I was able to go. But after being off of contrave for 3 days, still having issues of constipation, nausea. This pill is not worth this major side affect.”

Marie August 28, 2019

For Weight Loss: “Hello everyone just wanted to give you my experience so far. I started contrave 08/08/2019. I up to 3 pills a day which I have a few more days left before I go up to the max. I have noticed a huge difference in my cravings for sweets. I haven’t really had any side effects other than a little jittery and energy along with the suppressed appetite. I haven’t gotten on the scale yet but I can tell my clothes are looser. I will update when I weigh in after the 30 days . Good luck to all..”

Les · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For Obesity: “It doesn't start working right away, so give it at least a month! Bad reviews probably come from people who haven't taken it long enough. After taking Contrave for about six weeks, I now just naturally seem to want healthy food, and junkier food is actually repulsive. I'm also satisfied with far less. I haven't experienced any side effects except an occasional momentary dizzy feeling. Good luck, everyone!”

SMTaylor September 11, 2017

For Obesity: “I started Contrave twice. First time was April 2016. I had a lot going on in my life at tat time with deaths and job losses, so had some horrible affects, which I thought was from the drug so I stopped. The next March I met with my endocrinologist again, who put me on the drug. I told him what happened, and he said it wasn't the Contrave and encouraged me to start again. So in March 2017 I started. I weighed 258 lbs I won't lie, the first week was rough. Nausea, feeling out of sorts, but after reading reviews on this sight I took others advice. I started taking Dramamine with the pills. Also took my time with the pill increase. I took 1 pill for a month, than added on 2 pills for a month, than 3. I weened off the Dramamine and am feeling fine. I met with my Endocrinologist in June, down 31 lbs. He was ecstatic! It was the best Dr. visit of my life. He said to keep doing what I have been. As of today - Sept 11, 2017, I have been on the drug 6 months, I am down 40 lbs. I still only take 3 pills a day as that seems to be working. If I hit a plateau I will add the 4th. I want to encourage you - the firs week is tough - but hang in there. It gets better!”

Angie077 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 28, 2016

For Obesity: “I was on this medication for 1 year at 201lbs 5'3 age 23. I was down to 158 without going to the gym ever. The first three months were awful. Dizziness blurry vision but the first month had constant headaches. After that, I ate very little and got full fast. I even quit drinking. It also helped with my depression and energy. I been off of it for 6 months and have gained 10lbs. Food cravings and depression are back. Have to wait 6 months for an appointment to get a refill. I am dependent on it.”

E.Diane January 1, 2017

For Obesity: “I'm on the 4th week of taking Contrave, with 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. So far the only side effects I've experienced was in the second week, I started getting dry mouth and motion sickness when in the car. The motion sickness stopped after a week. I still get dry mouth but I can deal with that. The first 3 weeks it didn't seem to suppress my appetite, but I successfully stopped a life long habit of drinking soda with no cravings. Since I started taking the full dose it's now controlling my appetite. The past 4 days I have no desire to snack and I feel very full after eating half of a meal and I continue to have that full feeling long after eating. So far 5 lbs down with no exercise. I'm optimistic, time will tell.”

Kate123456789 · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2017

For Weight Loss: “I am on day 5 of taking Contrave. I usually think about food all day and everything in between is a major inconvenience. Day 5 of this medication I almost am forgetting to eat, I have more energy, my mind is quieter, I feel overall more peaceful than normal. I've lost 3 pounds already! I get full about half way through a small meal which is a big deal for me because usually my appetite is insatiable. I haven't had any of the side effects people have mentioned except that my eyes feel a little weird, which makes me feel a little dizzy, but it's barely noticeable. I have had some mild headaches but I think that's because I usually drink a lot of coffee and I haven't craved it as much so I havent had as much.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2018

For Obesity: “Well this is my 2nd update . I have now been on Contrave for 8 weeks and have lost 36 lbs. I haven't eliminated much food from my diet just eat probably less than half of what I used to. I feel so comfortable on this weight management program and don't ever think I am on a diet. Over the 8 weeks I have gone out for meals many times, I order what I like but just make smarter choices and usually take a doggy bag home and eat it the next day. The only side effect is most of my clothes are too big but I will gladly buy new ones”

DLEE3586 July 5, 2019

For Obesity: “This med changed my life. I only lost about 10 pounds but I quit smoking a year and half ago and don't drink much anymore due to Contrave. It's amazing how well it works and how great I felt on it. I tapered myself off about 2 months ago to see if my changes were permanent. I still feel like I never smoked in my life, still can't drink much at all, but did gain 8 pounds back however I have not been disciplined at all. Still happy and glad I took this medication for a year and a half- no side effects.”

Mojo August 24, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I absolutely love this medication! The only reason I’m giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because some of the side effects are pretty hard the first few weeks. I was slightly terrified to start this medication after reading the comments. I waited a few months to write a review because I wanted to know a lot about the medication before I reviewed it. I’m happy with it! I think the first two weeks are the worst, then the side effects eased up. I’ve been on it now for 2 1/2 months and I don’t feel any side effects. It helps a ton with any cravings. It makes it really easy to eat healthy. I’m down 18-20 pounds. I’m 5’8 and starting weight was 173. I would recommend this medication! Try your best to get through the first month. I’ve been taking probiotics with it because I know constipation was a major issue and I already suffered from that, so I’ve made sure to take a decent amount of probiotics and drink water and I’ve been fine.”

Emma Soyer February 1, 2015

For Obesity: “I've been taking Contrave for a week now, I'm down 6lbs. My appetite is curved and only crave water. I have put together a workout plan I do everyday to help. Yesterday I didn't drink enough water during the day and I was sick to my stomach. As long as you stay hydrated it's great.”

Viola · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 5, 2019

For Obesity: “I've tried many products to lose weight over the years , Well Contrave is awesome it took a few months before the weight started really dropping, BUT I'M HERE TO TELL YOU IT WORKS!!!!!! I'm Amazed at the weight I'm losing all of a sudden it just started dropping off , of course I'm watching what I eat. Please if you try it , don't give up , trust me it works , thank you”

No time for a diet February 27, 2019

For Obesity: “I am 52 and weighed in at 312lb just 5 weeks ago at my Dr.s office. My high blood pressure was in check, but I kept gaining a few lbs each year and felt sluggish. What was this “diet pill” going to do... Nothing to lose right? I’ve taken weight loss pills before but none since I had bad reactions in my 30’s. I was eager to see how science had progressed in 20+ years. So I started taking Contrave and tried to start cutting back on lunch portions and dinner. I usually eat a 6” subway with chips and a bottle of water. Then eat a Lean Cuisine (or 2) for dinner. I must admit, I’ve been eating a low calorie treat after dinner and drink a cup of coffee every night. I must be one of the exceptions to the postings here, but I have had little to no side effects at all. After 5 complete weeks I’ve gone from 312 to 292. Thats 20 lbs in 5 weeks!!!! I got the jumpstart I needed. So, I’m not excited about it, but I am going to start exercising now.... Uggh.”

Archel February 4, 2015

For Obesity: “I weighed 163lbs when I started this medicine. I dropped 10lb during the first month. I also started medicines for thyroid issues, so that might be part of it. However, my cravings are completely gone! The medicine also helps a bit with my depression, and I feel more determined to work out. I'm pretty happy with it.”

Milly January 27, 2021

For Weight Loss: “4kgs down in 15 days but still not worth it. I am at the very start of week 3 on Contrave - and I have chosen to not go up the dose as the 2 a day is just so hard on me. In fact I am even thinking of going back to 1 as my migraines and nausea is too much making it almost impossible to go to work. I really tried to make this work as I have lost 4kgs in the first 15 days . But I am probably going to have to wean myself off if the sickness doesn’t go away. Rather be fat than feel this sick all the time . Such a shame that it cost so much $$ what a waste .”

A. Ice January 4, 2017

For Weight Loss: “I have PCOS and hypothyroidism so losing weight is difficult for me. My Doctor prescribed Contrave 3 months ago. At first, the side effects were very difficult. I was nauseated and I felt really dizzy. At first, I didn't lose that much weight with it either; however, after about 2 weeks started losing weight and am currently down 25 pounds. I was very lucky as my prescription drug insurance changed at the beginning of this year and the new plan covers it with only a copay of $80 for a 3-months supply. I am thrilled with that. I have had constipation, but nothing that I cannot handle. I would suggest this drug if you have metabolic diseases. For me, the cravings disappeared, but I feel my body is burning more calories in the process.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2019

For Obesity: “Ok, I have now been taking Contrave for 12 weeks and the results are amazing . I am down 45 pounds . At the lowest weight in over 25 years and feeling great . I eat what I want just half of what I use to but also making some smarter food choices, never do I consider myself on a diet .I have lost some weight in each week I have been on Contrave. This is the real deal I would recommend it to anyone”

Sassy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2019

For Obesity: “I am in week 5 and have lost 10 pounds and people are noticing. I started at 245 and am now 235lb. I have always been overweight but have led a healthy lifestyle and am quite fit and muscular but my weight kept creeping up and I could not lose no matter what. I have consistently lost 2 pounds a week so far, which is record breaking for me. I seem unable to overeat even on vacation! I cannot drink more than one glass of wine, and it doesn't even taste good. I have no cravings for sweets, and when I taste them, I think meh, not worth the calories. Obviously, it has rewired my reward system and satiety signals. As far as side effects, yes, at first I was jittery with a strange lightheaded headache but it was pretty mild. I often have a dry mouth so I'm drinking more water. I think it does cause constipation but I've always been on the loose side, so my bowel movements have normalized. So far so good - I'm curious to see how it works now that I'm on the full dose.”

nico · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I lost weight of 55 pounds (25kg) between May-October last year with the help of Contrave. I used 4 pills/day and had no notable side effects. After that, I moved down to 2 pills/day until end of December. But when moving to 2 pills, I immediately noticed the appetite suppressing effect wasn't as good and I gained weight of 10 pounds back by the end of the year. From January, I stopped the drug completely and what happened to me when I stopped Contrave completely - I have now gained back weight of 45 pounds of the 55 I lost. I started Contrave (4 pills/day) again in March but this time I don't feel the effect as good as earlier which is disappointing. As an advice to all of you, don't stop the full dose too early and make sure you know how to eat without gaining weight. And stick hard to the new eating habits after stopping Contrave, you don't want to start the same weight loss process over again...”

Leetram · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 1, 2021

For Obesity: “I was able to lose 50 lbs through calorie restriction & exercising, but I plateaued. Finally I started Contrave & now I’ve been on it for almost a year. Day 1 was incredible. I wasn’t craving food every minute of the day, kept thinking is this how NORMAL people feel? Day 2 my appetite came back but it was manageable. I lost 40 lbs in 8 months, but for the past 3 months I keep losing & gaining the same 2-3 lbs. Also, the pills make me gag every time I take them. That has been the worst problem, but from the beginning I’ve also experienced hot flashes several times a day & at night, also constant constipation (have yo take a stool softener since extra fiber alone doesn’t work). I walk on the treadmill & ride a stationary bike every night about 2-2 1/2 hrs but then I’m super hungry. I wish Contrave extended til bedtime and didn’t make me gag.”

tmtracey720 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2016

For Obesity: “I have lost 88 pounds in 10 months. I had some drowsiness and increased sweating at first but improved within a few weeks.. A small price to pay for the overall improvement in my quality of life. I believe the effectiveness depends upon the underlying reason for obesity. naltrexone lowers cravings and improves addictive behavior. My problem was the compulsion to binge eat high calorie foods. I don't know how effective it would be on obesity for other underlying reasons, which may explain why it works for some and not for others. My life has improved and I can do things I have been unable to do in years. Very pleased!”

HeathsMom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2018

For Obesity: “Update: 47yr old female, 5ft 3in. starting weight: 221.6lbs on April 8, 2017. It makes me mad to see people call these "trash, paid for, reviews". Personally, I was sitting on the exam table in my doctors office w/ tears rolling down my face, telling him I felt like I was "stacked on top of myself ". (Fat rolls) He told me my bloodwork showed prediabetes. I had seen the Contrave commercials & asked for it. Today, I am 176.6lbs and down from a size 18 jeans to a 12. All with no real exercise. Just Contrave. It works for me, it is a life style change and a commitment. I LOVE the way I look in my new clothes. THATS why I stay committed. HAPPY JOURNEY !!!!”

SKINNY101 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2017

For Obesity: “OK - today is day 1.(9/25/17) I started at 2 pm (because it arrived then) & it's 4:30 pm. So far I became very sleepy, which is ok, but I'm at work. No Nausea yet- so YAY! I'm about 200lb-5'2 so I'm hoping to lose a lot at least 50lb-60lbs. My knees hurt- & I avoid looking at myself naked anymore. I just wanna fit in my pants from 5 years ago. I think I've gained a lot of weight just from stress & getting older- I'm 47 yrs old. I used to lose weight so easy but not anymore. I'm hungry all the time and I think I can eat about 5 to 6 slices of anything in one sitting. I'm just being honest- So I'll check in next week in 7 days I used the name SKINNY101 in case anyone wants to keep up with me. I also enjoy reading everyone's progress here”