User Reviews for Contrave (Page 3)

Obesity
6.9
Weight Loss
6.2

Reviews for Contrave

shanta w · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2015

For Obesity: “I previously wrote in about Contrave. Well I am pleased to report that I am now down 34 lbs. This is the first time I have been under 250lbs in 4 yrs. I think it is an awesome medicine along with diet and exercise.”

Happy Camper · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 16, 2020

For Weight Loss: “Contrave ER really works!! In 1 Week I lost 5 whole lbs!! Ok let me start from the beginning. I was on Anastrozole this is a cancer preventive meds. I’ve been on this regiment for 2 yrs. Needless to say I gained a whopping 20 pounds due to the medicine. My starting weight before the meds was 160lbs now I weigh in at 180lbs”

MrsG · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2019

For Obesity: “I am very happy with this Contrave pill; I take it right before bed and at lunch time. I have never experienced nausea or headaches, but I have experienced constipation ( which I remedied with extra water and vegetables) and some restless night around week three. I didn't have much to lose, so it's not falling off but it allows me to not crave food, binge eat and I really could care less about a drink at night or on the weekends. My water consumption is at 100 oz, which is a huge improvement!”

Renee_J July 2, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I am in my mid-40s and am 5'5", 3.5 months ago I was 182 lbs (size 14). Today, I am 153 and still losing (size 10). That is a loss of 29 lbs in 3.5 months, thanks to Contrave. Long story short my Doc suggested I try it. Some annoying occasional symptoms came and passed (headaches, stomach aches, not getting into deep sleep) but the main ones are this weird stretching/shaking symptom and clenching my jaw while I sleep. Once I was on week 3 I think is when I really began to realize this was going to work. I had TOTALLY lost the desire to snack between meals. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still hungry for meals, I have not lost my appetite, BUT my craving for food outside my planned meals was GONE. And it still is. Fortunately I haven't had any emotional or psychological side effects like some have. I no longer snore or hide behind baggy clothes or run out of breath climbing stairs. Best of luck to you if you decide to try Contrave. I hope it works for you as well as it has for me!”

CAR · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I have been on Contrave since the middle of May. In 2 months, I have lost 28 lbs and going strong. I no longer snack between meals and I am able to step away from the dinner table after one plate of food. I am not just taking the pills alone, I am also walking on daily basis up to 15,000 steps and pushing myself twice a week to 25,000 steps. I have no issue with this medication and would recommend it with balanced diet and exercise.”

Smiling101 January 23, 2015

For Obesity: “I am a food addict. The first day I took Contrave, I lost desire to eat. Cravings no longer consume me. The feeling of fullness occurs now, and lingers for hours. I am only on day 3, but I hope this continues. Logging foods on fitness pal helps. No snacks, and 3 healthy meals a day. I don't feel Hungary at all. It is wonderful. I was considering gastric bypass, this was going to be my last attempt. If I continue to feel this way, I won't need surgery.”

LDLMom January 6, 2017

For Weight Loss: “I am a 34 year old mother of 3, and I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I've been on Contrave for 4 months and lost 29lbs. I started at 194 (I'm 5'7) and down to 165. This is nothing short of a miracle for me. It works completely differently than typical diet pills. It does not make me jittery or give me a rapid heart rate. It *somehow* allows me to say no to, or greatly limit my intake of, the foods I love. In general, my appetite is decreased by at least 70% and sweets (my kryptonite) are not something I have a compulsive need for anymore. It gives me slight headaches and nausea if I drink alcohol. I've heard it makes some very sick, but I haven't experienced this. I am SO glad took a chance on it. Life changing for me.”

Steph123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

For Weight Loss: “Hi, I was one of the few that didn't see a result. I had the nausea as most everyone else did. I followed the dosage directions perfectly. I read that if you don't see any change in appetite by the 4th week you probably won't. That much is true. I gave it 3 months.”

Karaken December 12, 2016

For Obesity: “I started Contrave in October of 2015. I followed a 1200-1500 calorie diet and walked for activity. I lost 60 pounds by July of 2016. I was taken off the medicine slowly and have since maintained the weight loss. I did suffer through some illness in the beginning, but I used bonine for the nausea. After two to three weeks I felt fine. Contrave was a success for me!!!!”

Hac December 17, 2018

For Obesity: “I started Contrave last January at 223 pounds and a size 3X. I could barely walk and had severe sleep apnea, hypertension, and my cholesterol and lipid levels were sky high! I’m now at 145 pounds and a size 8-10. My sleep apnea has really resolved along with my shortness of breath. My blood pressure, while still a little high (genetics) is improved.I had no side effects at all. It changed my life!”

Momo · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2019

For Obesity: “So the entire first month I took this, I felt totally jipped. It didn’t seem to make a darn bit of difference! I was pretty upset, considering how much it cost. But something told me to at least try one more month, and lo and behold, after about the five week mark, I started noticing a marked difference in my cravings and hunger pangs. It’s not like some other prescription weight loss aids - it’s not going to suddenly make you feel like you’re full from sun up to sun down without eating anything. All it does is quiet down your cravings, so that you can make smarter choices when you ARE hungry. You have to be willing to work with it.”

Hollie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I was taking Contrave for 2 months and lost no weight, I was also doing the treadmill on a daily basis! I had to pay for this weight loss pills out of pocket for $135 , and I'm not satisfied or impressed with this product.”

BuckeyeBabe · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I have now been using it for almost 6 months and it definitely works! I lost 15lbs in the first couple of months without dieting or exercising. I haven't felt motivated to go into diet mode so I can lose more, but Contrave has helped tremendously with overeating. I am pretty much eating whatever I want, but I feel full very quickly. I have not put any weight back on and it's likely because I finally have portion control. Here is my advice to any newbies beginning this med based on my experience: The first few days I felt incredibly nauseous. Don't try to eat your normal diet and typical portion sizes. Doing that will probably make you feel very sick! Eat very light meals and very small portions. Although you're supposed to increase the dose until eventually you're taking 4 pills a day, I never took that many. I've found that if I take my first dose with a morning snack and a second dose late in the afternoon, that pretty much keeps my appetite at bay all day.”

Truetome · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2019

For Obesity: “I am an emotional eater and the past three years I had gained over 60 pounds. My doctor put me on Adipex first and it really didn't do anything except give me the jitters. She then put me on Contrave and I have not looked back! Contrave has depleted the urge to constantly eat. I have been on it about a month and the urge for fast food, alcohol, and other unhealthy addictions disappeared. I eat healthy and drink mainly the bubbly water. My skin has cleared up, my terrible acid reflux is gone, the stress in my face is gone, I am losing weight, and it is starting to be noticeable to everyone! The only side effect I have is a slight headache every once in awhile and hot flashes. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover it but the $100 is less than what I would pay for antacids and fast food every month so it is a win win!”

EsquireChick July 26, 2015

For Obesity: “I am a 35 year old woman who has been fighting with my eating issues since I was a child. Thanks to this medicine for the first time in my life I am not compelled to finish my plate and am perfectly happy sticking to a 1200-1500 calorie diet. I finally know when I'm full from eating. I have had zero side effects from contrave. No nausea, no constipation, and thankfully no seizures. I had decided along with my doctor that the possible side effects were far outweighed by the results. I started the pills April 21st and am down 50 pounds as of June 22nd. This is a life changer!”

1more-please · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2014

For Obesity: “Am mid-way into my 2nd week and wanted to report preliminary results. I am a comfort/stress eater who gained 70 pounds in 2 years. No side effects, other than being tired at the end of the day (which is not a reported side effect, so maybe from change in diet). I am still hungry, but it is easier to turn away from night-time snacks. I was able to turn away from my children's Halloween candy, which was a first. I didn't want a cafe con leche this morning (sweet/milk) - which is my constant craving. I've had modest weight loss, which I started about 2 weeks prior to the Contrave, for a total of 15 pounds in just under 4 weeks. Starting weight 201, 5'5" female, mid 40's. Time will tell, so far so good.”

Sunshinemom · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I have been taking Contrave for 6 weeks and have lost 16 pounds. For reference, I am 5’4” and weighed 165 lbs. This morning I weighed 149lb. Dry mouth and constipation are the only side effects I have now. I will get a headache if I miss a dose (I take 2 pills in AM and 2 in PM). I have to say this medication really works. It doesn’t kill my appetite, but no more binges or overeating. I have total control over my appetite now. Fast food was a big problem for me, but now I don’t really want it. Same with my favorite foods like carbs and Pizza — one slice and I’m satisfied. This has really helped me lose weight without suffering through a strict dieting. I found tapering up my dosage over 4 weeks as recommended by the manufacturer really helped with the side effects.For me, the immediate side effects (foggy brain, headache, tiredness, anxiety) went away within a few day of increasing my dosage.”

Margie February 14, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I hate to say that I would not recommend this med Contrave . I started taking it 3 weeks ago and am now stopping. The side effects headaches, nausea, cramping, sweating and lethargy are not worth it. True, I am losing weight, but I am also on W.W. I will admit, I don't crave anything, but mostly because I am focusing on the nausea and cramping. I am happy it works for some. As for me, I think I'll pass.”

ResapeesaOC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2019

For Obesity: “Been on Contrave since Nov of 2018. Beginning weight 323lb and I’m 5’8. I’m down 40lbs now. Had a couple ups and downs because I am not as committed with exercise as I should be. Definitely curbs cravings and can only eat small portions. The one side effect I struggle with is gagging. I can be enjoying my meal and all of a sudden my body tells my brain that I’m done. It’s almost a feeling of disgust with my food that makes me gag and many times have to spit food out in a napkin. Even if it’s my most favorite thing to eat in the world....it’s so weird!!! Mild diarrhea for me as well, but I also have a very sensitive digestive system. Overall I think this medication has done wonders to improve my life. Weight, confidence, depression...many positive perks and recommend for anyone with weight struggles to give it a go. Insurance didn’t cover the cost but you can get a coupon from the Contrave website to help with saving some money.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 16, 2019

For Weight Loss: “Contrave is not a magic weight loss pill. It is a tool to help you lose weight, but you have to commit to a different lifestyle which includes some kind of exercise and dietary changes. When I first went on Contrave, I was a little nauseous and my appetite was greatly diminished. I lost a few pounds at first but it wasn't until I started moving that the weight came off. I started by just walking a few blocks and over 4 months built up to full workouts at the gym. I also ate better and less. I have now been on Contrave 1 1/2 years and I have lost a little more than 50 pounds. I went from 211 lbs to 158 lbs and I have kept it off. I worry that I might gain weight if I stop taking it, but with all of the changes I have made to live a healthy lifestyle, I shouldn't gain much. Nonetheless, I will stay on the medication as long as it is safe to do so. Contrave didn't make me lose weight. It gave me the jump start I needed to begin a weight loss regime.”

txtw April 26, 2017

For Obesity: “This is an update to my previous review. I have now been on Contrave for three months, and in that time I have lost 35 lbs (goal is 130 lbs total). The first two weeks were horrible, then the side effects subsided. When I consciously watch my diet, I lose very steadily. Even if I don't, I usually lose 2 lbs a week. My life before Contrave was constantly thinking about food, snacking, and looking for the next "fix." Now I get hungry, but not famished. I can eat when I am hungry and rely on my body to give me cues- before, that was a foreign concept to me. For once, I feel like I am in control and that I can see this through to the end, and get to a healthy weight, which I have never been able to do. If you are obese, consider it.”

Bcd · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

For Weight Loss: “My cravings are now eliminated. It’s scary. Contrave gave me the self awareness that my over calorie eating is an addiction to carbs. I live to eat. On Contrave I eat to live. I wish I knew about this addiction long ago. I need to learn more about how to eliminate this life sucking addiction. How can a pill, in such a short time, completely eliminate carb addiction? I am now easily dropping 3 pounds a week. I do high cardio and walk. I like physical activities. I eat healthy. I know how to eat healthy. I just don’t have enough will power to over come the addiction. Please Lord, hear my prayer. Please give me control over eating when I go off of Contrave. I have no idea how to overcome this addiction which lives inside my brain. I had no idea I have a problem. I realize now I do not have the power to overcome it without your help. Amen”

T Lamb · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2017

For Obesity: “My Dr prescribe contrave for me in October 2016. I waited about a week to start them as I was a little nervous about the side affects and the cost was very high. Anyway I began a week later and as of now a little over two months later I have lost 20lbs so far its working and my side affects were minimal hopefully it will continue this way.”

shanta w. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2014

For Obesity: “I am on my second month of Contrave and I am down 18lbs. I follow a lower carb diet and exercise about 2-3 times a week. First medicine that has helped me lose. I normally lose and gain back due to hormone issues, but this actually works! I would recommend to anyone.”

Dolly · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I started Contrave 5 days ago and have lost 5 lbs already!!! I’m excited to see how much weight I will lose on this!!! Side effects; I felt a little jittery however I think this could be from not eating very much. I notice once I eat something this goes away. Feel slightly “out of it”, for instance I can ask someone something and they tell me and I won’t remember a second later what they said. Very difficult getting to sleep and staying asleep first couple days but has been getting better by the day. I am nervous about increasing the dose and not being able to sleep again. Increased energy, mild constipation, mild dry mouth. Zero cravings for anything. It makes it really easy to eat clean and avoid carbs and sugar. I’m not hungry at all. For the first time in my life I don’t feel like I’m obsessing over food like an addict. I don’t even think about it. When I do eat I get full really fast.”