User Reviews for Liraglutide systemic

Weight Loss
7.8

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 7.9 1,592 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Saxenda 2 days on 0.6 dosage however yesterday (the 2nd day) I had such severe abdominal pains I could not stand up. I was on the bathroom floor crying in pain I had to text a friend my address so they could buy me and drop me off pain killers. The pain subsided after 2 hours and a lot of painkillers. I have not taken a dosage today as I have done research now that indicated I could have damaged my pancreas taking Saxender. There is a plethora of information online indicating that there have been lawsuits against the makers of this drug and its previous sister drug for its direct links to Thyroid and Pancreatic cancer. Please be very careful taking this medication. If you have any severe abdominal pains STOP taking it. You're life is worth more than your weight while there are many other medications available to lose weight without such severe affects. I will now switch to something else or try a much more intense diet and exercise regime."

C Stev February 13, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I’ve been on Saxenda for only 2 days now and I had to FORCE myself to eat a banana. Side affects aren’t bad...I’m tired but I suffer from autoimmune diseases that make me tired so I’m used to that. I’ve had a slight headache but nothing bad. If the past 2 days is any indication of how much weight I’ll lose, I should have success. My insurance covers the drug so that’s good."

CeCee (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I began using Saxenda in April of 2018, and continue to use it. It's been very useful for me, I've lost 45 lbs and have kept it off. I did not experience nausea, or any other side affects. I highly recommend it. I would have given it a 10, but I am getting very tired of sticking myself everyday."

Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started using pen 2 days ago, I’ve already lost 4lbs, which I can’t believe! No craving or appetite. Having to remind myself to eat, little amounts and no junk foods! I’m quite active I train 4-5 times a week so looking forward to see my results. I have had nausea and vomited but today I was fine. Definitely glad I started this"

BB (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started using 1/5/19, and it immediately stopped any cravings, just thinking about food made me sick. So I decreased my caloric intake right away, I had nausea for the first 3 weeks and it was awful but I didn't care, if you're nauseous you can't eat. I am 5'5 and my starting weight was 214 pounds, I am going into the 6th week at the maximum dose and I am down to 194 pounds. Side effects have been severe nausea, constipation, extreme dry mouth, abdominal upset, no cravings ever, and no appetite. I love this medication. I calculated body weight percentage lost and its 9%. I plan on increasing my activity and am trying to find out how to cut out any excess calories."

Msmack75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started using Victoza 1.2 dose pen on Wed 02/06/19......have had no nausea, no jittery feeling and no appetite. Have lost 3 lbs already!!! Sugar numbers are running great! Major problem my out of pocket is too high.....don't think I can continue taking it."

Happy (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Day 4 on Saxenda Pen Starting weight 223lb Current weight 220lb Not bad! Was nervous initially to start, but it was painless and very minimal side effects. Will report back after a month. I’m very excited for this journey and hopeful!! Good luck to everyone"

Uni (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "First thing is. It kicked off the weight in the first month. I have been on the medicine for three months and I have loss of 25lbs. It does help with how hungry I get. So far so good!"

Bkatbabe February 7, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started saxenda a week ago on the 0.6 mg and I’m already down 7lbs. Today is my first day on the higher dosage (1.2) so far I haven’t had any terrible side effects just a weird taste in my mouth that last all day long"

Kkillens (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started Saxenda 14 days ago and have lost 5.4 lbs in total (started at 195.2, currently at 189.8), HOWEVER that has yo-yo'd several times a week. The constipation is awful, I finally broke down and bought laxatives because it has caused so much bloat and honestly can't believe I'll lose weight without passing anything that I eat. I started at the lowest dose and didn't notice it helped so now I'm at the highest dose and considering talking to my doctor about increasing it or adding another med to combat cravings. I use a calorie tracker and try to stay at 1,200 calories a day or less and I cut myself a break on weekends, but don't go too overboard because it makes me ill. I have to say after reading other successes at this point, I'm pretty disappointed that I haven't lost more. I'll be sticking with it though because I'm determined to get this weight off. Good luck to everyone on this journey, I'll be updating regularly."

Fingerscrossed February 3, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I began using Saxenda on Sept 16/18. My start weight was 208 lbs - 5'4". No major side effects; some constipation. I am now down to 172 lbs. Very pleased with the results - Have been approved by insurance for a total of 6 months; a review at the 6 month mark -"

Honey (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm starting Victoza tonight 1/31/19. I'm supposed to take it for 1 week at .06, then 1 week at 1.2, then up it to 1.8. I also take glipizide 10 mg and metformin 500 mg. My A1C is 12.2 I weight 254 lbs and I'm 5'8. I'm really hoping for success. I would love to be able to stop glipizide."

Skippy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Not worth it! Not only is it ridiculously expensive and none of my health care plans will cover any costs, the side effects were horrible. Extreme fatigue, stomach ache s(that caused any weight loss cause I felt to sick to eat) plus I felt dizzy most of the time. Having 2 small kids it wasn’t safe for me to function this way. I’ve found the best way for me to lose weight was adapt to eating similar to KETO and regular exercise. I lost 3 lbs on Saxenda in one month and since eating better with exercise last month I lost 8 lbs."

HSM4 January 31, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hi there..been on Saxenda now for 2.5 months...have lost near to 10 lbs, slow but not unhappy. I have had many side effects which started with taking dose in the AM, vomited and spent the whole day in bed. Switched to taking at bedtime and added Gravol..that helped a lot. Now have headaches, constipation and now after all this time experiencing severe abdominal cramps with days of severe diarrhea..! Have very little drive to do anything as I always seem to be tired!..I am going to persevere through this box and see how it goes.."

Annie70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started Victoza for weight loss July, 2017. Weight 240 at 5'8". Female, age 50. No diabetes but borderline A1C of 5.7 Obese and very physically active (long-distance bicycle tours and commutes) since just after college. Initial side-effects of nausea, fatigue, burping subsided after 2 weeks. After 6 months I had lost 40+ pounds so was under 200lbs for the first time since college. Often had to remind myself to eat. I found that simple carbs in the morning sabotaged the meds. Doctor put me on metformin for additional appetite control. After trying different doses and types what works for me is 1.8 Victoza in the morning and 500mg metformin ER with each meal. Lost another 10 lbs. For the past year my weight has fluctuated from 187-194. It's amazing to not be hungry and not be obese. I'm still 20lbs overweight but A1C down consistently to 5.4 and lipids much better (I also take a statin)."

Numoi January 28, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I only started this medication 3 days ago. My dosage is 0.6 and I am not hungry at all. I take it after breakfast. I have notice a few side effects but nothing that would make stop using. A little dizzy, and mild nauseous. Its very hard to eat. No cravings at all. I have not got on a scale yet. Looking to see if I can drop 30 lbs. If the small dose is so strong for me I guess I will get more out of a pen. My insurance doesn't pay this and it costs $500 a month. My pharmacy let me buy one pen at a time."

Hope (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking Victoza .06 for a week then supposed to go up to 1.2. No problems other than slight nausea first three nights. Lost 9 pounds in 4 days. Originally at Dr I weighed 154lb then five days later was 145lb I don’t think I can keep dropping weight like this. I take it at 8 pm every night. In morning here were my wake up blood readings first day 107-118 - 63- 49. These last two numbers scare the hell out of me , need to call doctor Monday cause on Tuesday the 29th I’m supposed to go to 1.2. Oh and do have a little heartburn and feel tired"

Connie (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started taking Saxenda on November 16, 2018. My doctor warned me I might experience some nausea the first, but if I could tolerate it to keep taking the medicine. Boy, that was an understatement. During the first week of taking Saxenda, I felt like I was going to die. I had extreme nausea, diarrhea and fatigue. I had absolutely zero energy and had to take off from work for the week! But after the first two weeks the symptoms subsided. Currently, I am eating around 1,000 - 1,200 cal a day. I have zero appetite and zero cravings (which is new for me). I am down 25 pounds in two months. Although I'm still very fatigued I will continue to take Saxenda and feel that the side effects in the beginning are worth it if you have a substantial amount of weight to lose."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started 3 weeks ago. Immediately dropped to 1200 calories. Side effects include constipation, funny feeling in my stomach, absolutely devastating fatigue. I didn't think I could make it thru the day. It was terrible...my belly fat has not budged and I've only lost 1 kilo!! Don't know whats happening to my body. I feel so out of sorts. The last 3 days under 800 cals and still no weight loss only debilitating fatigue. Reached 1.8 dosage as I wanted it to work so desperately but have to face it...its killing me!! Last dose today no more. Good luck to you lucky ones that are having great success with it!!"

Maria205 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Saxenda made my menstruation start again after 1 1/2 yrs of no cycle at all. I'm disappointed because I felt this would be good for me."

Feeling sad (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took my first dose on 1/15/2019 and loss 5 pounds in 6 days. I had nausea the first few days with no other side effects. I also had a decreased appetite. I’m hopeful that I can lose 55 pounds and have my A1C go down."

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Victoza for 4 weeks and on 1.8 dosage the last week. No side effects and also no weight loss. I eat what I have always eaten which is very little and I walk 2 or more miles every other day. I need to lose 40 lbs and was hopefully this medication would help. I am not diabetic but do have hypothyroidism. Discouraged!"

Amber January 14, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started out taking Ozempic in August but my doctor ran out of samples and put me on Sexenda in October. I have lost a total of 50lbs. I started at 297lbs and now I am down to 247lbs. I love sexenda. I was supposed to have the gastric bypass in January, because of health, but because of sexenda I don't have to have the surgery."

Ramsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started October 1, 2018. I had to stay on low dosages for a few weeks before stepping up as I had really bad nausea. It took about 2 1/2 months before I was able to be at the 3.0 dosage. I find taking it at night helped, I have had a lot of reflux. If I eat spicy or greasy food my stomach will hurt, really bad. I find I do not really have an appetite for red meat any more. Saxenda has really curb cravings, and assisted cutting down portions. I was 199lbs, as of this post now 174lb. Nausea has eased up now. I try to target between 1200 - 1400 calories a day, the holidays were tough but the medicine helped maintain. I am also in menopause, 52 yr old female, so struggling with all those fun symptoms, so the fact I have been able to loose weight is significant. I exercise between 2 - 3 times a week."

LRAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I just started on Victoza on Jan. 2. Started at 0.6 for 5 days, then moved to 1.2. Side effects minimal. Experienced a headache 1 day, mild nausea first few days, a little more tired at night, which is when I take it. I'm down 8 pounds in 9 days. Am in my 50s, menopausal. I love, love, LOVE the CONTROL this medication gives me over food and my appetite. I have insulin resistance and mildly elevated blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. I guess my insurance (BCBS) figured "close enough" because they're paying for it!! Am so excited and LOVE this drug. It is so much more effective than amphetamine-like drugs for weight loss. I will check back in in a few and give you and update. As someone said, "Victoza is not for whimps." But if you can man it up, it's totally worth the side effects. Good luck, all."

BookLover (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019