User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 363 reviews 140 medications

Weight Loss 167 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 363 reviews 62 medications

7.9
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 893 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Saxenda users, has anyone gotten pregnant after using this drug. I am 27 and would like to have children eventually. I want to see if there are any women out there that have taken it and gotten pregnant after stopping use. Did it take a long time to conceive or did it happen relatively fast? "

sunshine1690 May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've been on the medication for a little over a week so it's a little early but here's my experience so far. The first couple of days I was very tired and experienced some stomach upset. I also had some emotional outbursts- some crying which has since subsided. I read other reviewers comments before taking this medication and saw that taking too much too fast or titrating this too fast lead to unpleasant effects that were intolerable so I've titrated extremely slowly and I haven't even gotten to the lowest registered dosage yet but have consistently lost about a pound a day and have lost a total of 7 pounds since starting a week ago. I consistently have a very slight stomach ache after eating but it goes away fairly quickly and is tolerable"

Jesusgirl04 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I decided to try this medication after a friend seemed to be losing weight on it. I'm taking 2.4 mg and in week number 5. I am an undereater anyway and never hungry so not sure this was the right medication for me. I thought it stabilized blood sugar? Hope it's not just an appetite suppressant I have lost 3lbs which is very disappointing. I will go up to 3mg today but if I don't lose anything again this week then I will probably stop... My question - anyone experience needing longer time and the full dose to start losing weight?"

Missy12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "After being forced by doctors to get gastric bypass, I decided that this is not an option for me. I am somewhat physically active still (aqua aerobics and walking at work 4-8km a shift. I have tried diets and juicing only to keep gaining. I needed some extra help. I researched this product and other doctor prescribed drugs such as the pills that block fat but the side effects of wet oily farts and maybe pooping your pants was a no go as well. Enter Saxenda. its been a week since I started (0.6) and I have dropped 6lbs. My appetite and cravings have eased significantly. No major side effects so far. I drink lots of water and chew your food! Chew it until there is nothing. This is a virtually pain free daily self needle injection."

honihellcat (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My PCP gave me a trial and an RX for Saxenda. I went to fill the script, but, unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it. I can't pay $800 a month even with the coupon. However, I am using the trial, and absolutely love Saxenda. I have had no side effects, it really helps me with hunger, helps with cravings , overall, helps me to eat less. I am so sad I cannot continue with this medication for my weight loss, but I definitely recommend this product."

Vickie501966 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started on 0.6mg Saxenda on May 8th weighing 342 lbs. After 7 days I upped the dosage to 0.9mg for 5 days then to 1.2mg. I have had no side affects from the medication aside from a very slight headache the first few days, could be unrelated since its allergy season right now. Today is May 23rd and I've lost 15lbs. I am using this drug along with a low carb diet. My constant hunger was gone starting with the first injection. Is this how normal people feel? I don't wake up hungry, I don't go through my day always feeling hungry, I don't go to bed hungry. It's so liberating to be able to focus on other things instead of constantly being consumed by hunger."

LastResortinNj May 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Victoza since February of 2017. At first I had nausea and constipation. I upped dose to 1.2 and was really feeling bad. When I went up to 1.8 it was continually making me feel sick. My doctor told me to go back to 1.2. After a week on the 1.2 things started getting better. I still have the nausea but it is only sometimes. The constipation I solved by taking a stool softener. I feel full after eating about a 4th of what I used to. Sometimes just the thought of food makes me feel queasy. The best thing is the weight loss. I started out weighing 323 lbs. I went to the doctor today and my weight is down to 280. It feels so good to lose weight without feeling hungry. A1-c number went down from 9.3 to 6.6."

Laniey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've taken Saxenda for 4 weeks now. Started at 99 kg and now weigh 93, so a total loss of 6 kg. I'm currently at 2.4 and wonder if I should go a little bit slower because I think that I'm actually losing too fast. I have a lot of nausea and have had two spells of gastric gas (like rotten eggs) and violent vomiting. What I have learned so far is that I feel better taking the drug in the evening (apparently the maximum effect of the drug is 11 hours after the injection) and to stay away from sodas or sparkling water. I now will make sure that I drink more water (it seems to be important to avoid side effects) and that I eat enough proteins. Would love to hear from those who have used it for more than 6 months!"

1 month in (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm going on my second week now. I had some burping and an over full bloated feeling that seems to have subsided. I also had a lil nausea at times but not bad. I had to force myself to eat the first week as well. Nothing sounded good. This coming Tuesday I go up to 1.8 dose. I though I was just imagining not being hungry because I like to eat but the fullness and over all lack of interest in food is awesome. Haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to be discouraged, it's only been 2 weeks. Going to stick it out here's a tip, I bought Gas ex for the belching and tummy gas it helped a lot. Also don't eat late at night because what u eat is really slow to digest and it will keep u up at night. I do my shot at around 2 pm daily."

Zeledon May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Victoza since Feb 15 and to date I have lost 41 pounds. I am 57 years old. I did not have a lot of the side effects that the medicine can cause. I try and eat high in protien lower in carbs and sugar. That seems to work for me. I treat myself once a week to ice cream or something of that nature. I still have a lot of pounds to go but I feel so much better, I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. My goal is to get off metformin and manage thru diet and exercise. Much love everyone.....Rosie"

Rosie E May 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "13 May2 2017 First dose before bed. Hope it doesn't cause insomnia, or that I'm so allergic I die in my sleep. Haha Kidding (not kidding). Excited for tomorrow. I ate like a maniac today in preparation. Like a smoker who smokes 2 packs the day before quitting. My last rites. Hoping for some serious results. Will keep you posted. May 18 2017 sleep well - a little lethargic and sleepy first 2 days. No other symptoms. I take it at night before bed. May 17 I had the worst diarrhea over night - but by 8am that was over. The rest of the day was fine. So far 3lb down. Appetite and cravings are down. I feel like I have some control again."

rhubarbvalley May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "REDBOXES -Week two done, down 9lbs in all. Did no exercise this week due to sickness. Rested and slept all week. Still on .6 and have no cravings and I am in full control of what I am eating. No side effects now. I trying to keep my calories up to 1200 per day. The reason I am not increasing my dose is that I have to pay out of pocket for the whole thing. This is helping me loose weight and if I don't put the dose up it will save me a ton of money."

redboxes (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been taking this for 2 months and have not lost any weight. Haven't had any side effects but it's not helping with weight loss. Anyone else have this experience. Started out on 0.6mg and moved up to 1.2mg three weeks ago and still nothing. Only problem I have is extremely bad constipation"

Isabel540 May 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started on May 1 and upped the dose from .6 to 1.2 ml in a week. I felt dizzy, severe headache, and couldn't eat. I'm assuming this was from very low blood sugar? I went off it totally for a week to get back to normal and now started back 3 days ago on .6 ml again. I feel slight headache and can't eat again. Haven't noticed weight loss yet. Does anyone else feel this bad and is the weight loss coming?"

Getting depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started this medication 5/8/2017. I had severe nausea and headaches the first 3 days and then nothing after that. It has decreased my appetite but no weight loss as of yet. I have decreased my carb intake and drinking more water added exercise. So I am hoping to see some results by week 2. If not then it will let me know its does not work for every body type. Just frustrated with the weight and this stomach apron."

Queen Ibe May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Saxenda and Appendicitis: I started Saxenda March 1st and had no negative issues at first. I injected every day through March and April and 1/2 of May and lost 20 pounds. I was looking at one year of prescriptions until I started having constipation that lasted for 5 days and I started having abdominal pain that settled in my lower right abdomen. The trip to the ER and cat scans proved that my appendix was inflamed. As I sit in the hospital trying to think how a microscopic bacteria could have attached to my appendix and started the infection I realized that the location of my pain, my appendix, and the spot where I may have injected 40-60% of my Saxenda injections were one and the same. Needless to say - I'm done with this drug."

Nancy531 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "*Update #3 or 4 lol.. I've been on Saxenda 2.4 current dose, I have lost a total of 28lb in 2.5 months! I am having some gut issues now, constipation, DO NOT eat sweets , I get very sick when I eat anything like a bite of a brownie or a York paddy, body won't tolerate the sugar, which for me is GREAT. I started at 208, I am now 184, average loss of 2 lbs a week. I'm super happy with this medicine. I do feel as I've hit a plateau, so I need NOT drink wine or diet sodas, when I drink only water and some milk , I drop about 3 lbs a week."

JMoyer79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on it for a month or so. The nausea is awful at night for me. I lost 20 pounds in just a few weeks because I could barely eat anything at all. My appetite was nil. All food looked horrible to me and I couldn't imagine it would fit in my stomach because I felt so full all the time. I don't think this is a healthy amount of weight to lose in such a short time. I started at 160 lbs and down to 140lbs. My insurance covered the med it it's entirety."

DLyo May 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started on 1 April 17 and so far NO weight loss, my glucose readings gone UP not down, I have this full feeling all the time which I can't bear and feel generally 'not myself' . This evening I've had severe palpitations for about 3 hours with a horrible doom and gloom feeling, I have no pain, just flutters, tearful, impending doom feeling. I have just taken a reading and my glucose is 25mmol/L which is higher than it was BEFORE I started on Viktoza. It's not for me. I was doing better and feeling better just taking Sitagliptin. Going to ring my doctor tomorrow."

Grace53 May 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 4/16. I went back to my Doctor on 5/11 and was down another 10lbs with a total of 36lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time..."

NanaD2 May 15, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I start May 11 no side effect!!! Going great!"

Red915 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I read that Victoza is the exact same drug as Sandexa. Sandexa is just a higher dose. I just started Victoza for weight loss and have no side effects yet. I will keep you posted. My insurance covers it and my co-pay was about $70. There is a site that helps pay for Victoza. I am waiting for a card they will send."

Lahaina Lizard (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "It's been 2 months since starting saxenda and I'm still having big time issues. I'm losing the weight, my a1c is better (it's always been under 7 and is now 6.5) but the side effects are taking its toll. The chronic diarrhea and gut rot have me feeling like an exhausted piece of dirt every day. The nutritionist says I need 50 minutes of Cardio per day, and theres no way this is happening as I just feel like crap all the time. If this wasn't a study I would have bowed out by now. I still may but it is doing what it's supposed to do.... Better blood gluose and weight loss. In the 14 month trial I was supposed to lose 12 pounds, it's been 2 months and I've lost exactly 20 pounds. We will see what the future holds."

Miller2411 May 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am a 51 year old female, have been on Saxenda for one month now and have lost 10 lbs. I have had no side effects, other than the odd day of redness around my injection site. No nausea, or vomitting. I have had occasional constipation, but find that has been when I haven't drank at least 6-8 glasses of water.I'm eating much healthier, more vegetables and fruit, smaller portions of meat and cheese...NO FAST FOOD. My appetite has definitely decreased, and I don't have the same cravings as before. I am listening to my body more, and recognizing hunger as opposed to mindless snacking just because. When I feel like a treat, I have dried apple slices, hummus and low cal. crackers, healthy snack bars instead. Motivated :)"

AnnT65 May 8, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks with a no carb diet.. I have lost 3 kg.. I didn't experience a serious side effects however I am thinking to stop using it as I read about its relation with pancreas cancer"

Wish1986 May 8, 2017