User Reviews for Liraglutide

Diabetes, Type 2

Weight Loss

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 7.9 1,441 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Today is my first day taking it I went for the 1.8ml took it in the morning before coming to work. It's now 7pm and I've been feeling nauseated, was kind of scared in the beginning but will go through it. Lets see how much I loose and will keep you all posted :)"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Okay, so after day 32 (and only day 2 on full 3.0 dose), I had lost 21 pounds. I am seeing the doctor every 2 or 3 weeks and only get on the scale there. I'm at day 40 and feel that when I go to see her in 2 weeks I will be down another 5 or 6. In addition to Saxenda, I've adjusted my eating -- mainly smaller portions, more veggies/fruit/protein, less carbs, pretty much no frozen/pre-prepared foods. My energy level is good, and the only real side effect I am still dealing with is constipation, but I am increasing water intake and it seems to be helping. My blood pressure has gone down, too. I'm going to try and add in some light exercise next ... need knee replacement so that rules a lot of things out."

nowisthetime (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started 3 wks ago only up to 1.2 dose per nurse practitioner drinking 64 oz water going to gym 4 times a wk even drinking shakes for meal replacement have only seen 4 pound weight loss ( very disgusted ) What am I doing wrong ??"

Katherine August 14, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda for about a month now and have lost 16 pounds. I've struggled with weight loss for years and this has really helped. I had minimal side effects -- mostly just fatigue. If you eat too much you will absolutely be uncomfortable and will most likely throw up. I drink 64oz of water a day and have not experienced any constipation on this medication. I found that when I eat very carb heavy foods I do feel nauseous. This medication is really changing the way I look at food and I've been more in tune with what I'm putting into my body. I'm at the 3mg dose right now and I truly couldn't be happier with how well Saxenda has worked for me. I hope to start adding exercise to my routine soon as I've been way too fatigued to do so before."

Rach (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I'm 58 and started Saxenda at 286 lbs end of May 2018 , stayed at 0.6 mg for a month. No side effects and lost 18 lbs, appetite suppressant effects worked, great, even felt more energetic, Doc said I was a 'fast responder.' Felt great - increased gym classes to 3X per week. Month 2, went up to 1.2 mg, weight loss slowed, (2-5 lbs) some burping, if I ate a fatty or spicy meal had instant diarrhea. Went up to 1.8 mg a few weeks ago, had 2 days of mild- mod nausea, burping, headache, but it went away. Weight loss has slowed , appetite suppressant effects fading, though I am sticking with gym and walking and am more active which is great. Doc said weigh only once a week, focus on how to feel, track carbs and protein not calories. Sticking with it! Expect to go up to 2.2 at next doc visit . Has anyone gone off and started at 0.6 again ? I'm a little worried about diarrhea effects and traveling"

CS (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I’m down five pounds and just started taking Saxenda five days ago. Had some side effects but I’m adjusting. Appetite has slowed down dramatically. Love this"

Anonymous August 12, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I’ve been on Saxenda since mid-May of this year. I’ve been on the full 3.0 dose for 1 week. I started at 235lb and am now at 213lb, down 22 lbs. I increased my dosages slowly to try and avoid side effects. The ones I have had have been minor and disappeared over time. The biggest ones were headaches and fatigue. I’ve also had problems if I overeat and eat certain foods. I’ve pretty much eaten what I want but can only eat a portion of it. Sweets/carbs tend to give me lots of gassy cramps, but I am able to help control that with watching what I eat and by taking Gas-X. Everyone has a different experience and for me, the obesity was worse than the side effects and I had to at least give it a try."

dsc268 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Great for the feeling of full! Not for acid reflux issues. Woke up from a dead sleep chocking on stomach acid. Never had issues of any kind prior to starting and then by the end of the third week this happened so stopped use. My advise is to listen to your body and be careful as this was an experience that I would never wish to experience again. Nor to anyone out there."

MJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I was 385 lbs April 10th. Tried everything including heavy gym training Nothing worked Doctor suggested Saxenda I now weigh 335lb and am on my 10th pen Hope to break 300lb by Christmas"

lmcgeko (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started on 0.6 dose 3 weeks ago and the only time I get side effects is when I up my dose. I literally can’t move off of the sofa the next day/two days after. I feel like stomach acid sticks to my teeth and I repeat whatever I have eaten the day before. It has curbed my appetite 90% - I went on an all inclusive holiday and come back 4lb lighter!! Within 3 weeks, I’ve nearly lost a stone. Very happy and definitely worth the groggy feelings I have had. I may stick on the 1.8mg dose what I am on now just so I don’t have the dreaded side effects again. Overall, I am very happy!"

Aliidizzle (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on victoza for several years and it has worked wonderfully for my type 2 diabetes, I've had no side effects. My problem is this... A year ago my prescription insurance changed and I now reach a donut hole which the amount I pay for victoza is approx. With my insurance it is $145 for a 90 day supply, then in the donut hole it raises to close to $600.00 for a 90 day supply which I cannot afford. My question is this... how can victoza charge so much for their drug and expect people to remain taking it?"

katie August 7, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm non diabetic but have hypothyroidism. My Dr. Suggested victoza for the weight loss which was gained due to thyroid. I started victoza 0.6mg on 25/7/18 then increased the dosage to 1.2mg from 31/7/18. Yes significant loss of appetite. My weight is not coming off yes but I can see some difference when I look into the mirror in terms of inch loss. I have been an athlete so exercise and weight training is something which I regularly do and also have an average diet plan with proteins. Was just waiting and wondering about when can I see a proper weight loss on the measuring scale. But I'm confident it will soon..."

NM (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been using victoza for one month so far. I've increased gradually to 1.8 now . I have not experience any side effects except some tiredness. Sugar level is controlled . No weight loss so far and I believe lack of exercise contributed to this. I am continuing hoping to lose some weight. Dr. Will decide after more two months - if no weight loss will revert to my previous tabs . Will wait and see"

Maggie August 5, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "So I wrote about 2 weeks ago and since then went down to 1000 calories/day using an app. Lost 3 more lbs. But the indigestion like feeling I was having just got worse and became so painful I called the doctor to ask what I could take. I had a blood test and my pancreas is irritated. Nausea is one thing, but if you have pain ask your doctor. I stopped taking the injections. I was finally figuring out how to eat and I'll keep trying to watch the calories and exercise. The drug really decreased my appetite. Good luck!"

MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hi everyone, I have started saxenda on July 31 and today is the 5th day. I have started with 0.6 and don’t have any side effect. I only want to hear good and positive energy. Hope we all manage and reach to our goal."

Pej August 4, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on Medicare with supplemental drug insurance. I’ve taken Victoza for over a year. I lost 70 pounds and my last A-1C was 5.8. It costs me $128 per month. Twice a year I pay over $400 per month . This stuff works great, but I can’t afford it. I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago and my blood sugar has gone up significantly. I’ve tried applying for financial aid but I don’t qualify. Oh well, Novo Nordisk, you get no more of my money and my health will suffer."

Rob (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My doctor put me on Saxenda for weight loss. It was working great. I was taking injections for two months. I started having severe stomach pain. My neighbor took me to the emergency room. The ER doctor diagnosed me with gallstones and a gall bladder problem. I have never had problems with my gallbladder. I never had gallstones. All this happened since using Saxenda. I lost weight though. Thank you."

BET (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started Saxenda July 11th weighing 225 lbs I’m 5’3 and almost 39 years old. As of today Aug 2nd I’m 214.8 lbs. It definitely curbs my appetite and when I do eat it’s not much at all. I seem to get full faster. I had gastric bypass over 13 years ago and gained almost all my weight back & nothing has helped until starting Saxenda."

mzsouthernbelle (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I was on victoza since the beginning of June and had lost about 13 lbs - but also lost a lot of inches. I was up to the max with those pens 1.8. Dr just switched me to Saxenda this week and recommended starting at 2.4. Today I’m exhausted. But had experienced a lot of nausea and exhaustion when I started Victoza so I’m guessing the exhaustion is related to the increase I would like to lose another 10 lbs. I’m 70 this week and started at 168lbs."

Cheryls48 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "This is my third week taking Saxenda. Pros, I am down about 9 lbs in my third week. My appetite has decreased tremendously. The con side effects are the burps, which don't hurt or bother me so I can deal with that. Feeling tired is the worst side effect I've had so far. I don't have the head ache problem like others have experienced. Over all, I think this is a good product. Other reviews I just read would have scared me from taking it. I guess everyone's body reacts different to medicine. If you can't adjust to the side effect then I would suggest to stop or lower the dosage. If I start getting the side effects as others have said, will go back down a dose. Overall I'm down 31 lbs...the last few 8-9 lbs was after the Saxenda so I was loosing before I began but needed a boost. Good luck!"

TB (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started Saxenda 0.6 dose 6 days ago. I'm drinking Huel. 1500 calories a day. Thats it. Not working out. Just walking 20 minutes a day. Starting weight 314lb and 6 days later, I'm 298lb. Wow. So I'll just continue this, I guess. It seemed pointless to try it if I would just keep eating the same junk food all day and all night. It isn't a magical injection to make you skinny. You have to put in the hard work. It helps you to do that."

Bb8 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on Saxenda now for two weeks and I have lost about 14 pounds. This is also in combination with a low calorie diet. I have experienced some of the side effects like nausea and fatigue, but try to take this at dinner time so I am sleeping through most of this. It helps control my hunger and makes me not want to eat as much. Overall it has been pretty good."

Tayluhh (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started saxenda on July 12 th weight 189.5lb and today July 30th 181.0. I'm feeling good only side effects have been the odd headache and tummy upset ,occasional nausea after eating but I try to eat half the amount and that seems to help. Also I take my injection before bed as pharmacist suggested to minimize nausea "

JLA (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Victoza 07/17/2018 with 0.6 for about 4 days. After a couple of weeks, I gradually increased to 1.8. I barely eat due to the decrease in my appetite. The nausea isn't as bad as it was when I first started, but I still have a little. I lost 3 pounds within the first few days. I like the medication so far. No serious side effects besides nausea."

mspaula702 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started taking Saxenda in April. So it’s been 4 months and I lost 22 pounds. I am 5’5” 53 years old and I weighted 184lb when I started and now weigh 162lb. I felt sluggish the first week but nothing horrible. I took the shot at night so I didn’t have any nausea. I have no real side effects to speak of. I can still drink alcohol when I want to without any issues. I went down 2 pants sizes and I feel great. Weight loss has slowed down a bit the last few weeks but I am still loosing."

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018