User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 339 reviews 139 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 92 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 286 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 717 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "28lbs lost in 2.5 months using saxenda (dose between .6-1.2) & following doctor's guidelines for eating. Didn't exercise during the months. I was losing except for physical therapy 1x a week for back. I'm at a good weight for me (4'11", 106, age 50) and have been maintaining within 2-4lbs for about 2 mos. now but still using saxenda. Haven't been super strict with diet but not going crazy either. Added light weight training and walking on treadmill 5-6 days a week right before Christmas. If I overeat a day or 2 I go back to watching and the weight comes right back down. Thankfully husband's insurance covers drug because mine doesn't. Feel great, cholesterol & blood pressure good again, back is better, and clothes fit."

Anonymous January 15, 2017

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "So I was 290 when starting this about 4 weeks later and have lost 20 pounds. Everybody is different, I was fine first week then when increased to 1.2 was very nauseous and absolutely no appetite. When increased to 1.8 I could not handle was continuously vomiting so went back down to 1.2 for now. Still appetite is nonexistent and have to eat very small "meals". It is basically trial by error, you have to see which foods your body can tolerate while on this med. I am happy so far with results as I feel this is exactly what I need to get out of some unhealthy eating habits."

Snwprncss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been taking Saxenda for 5 weeks now--have been titrated from .6 for 7 days and increasing every 7 days by .6 until I got to 3.0 . The nausea and constipation is AWFUL. The fatigue--walking across a room and back makes me feel as if I had run a marathon! terrible stomach pains and bloating! yuck. But --I will continue taking this as long as the VA will pay for it. I have to lose more weight in order to get my new knees. Does anyone notice if the fatigue and bloating and nausea lessen over time?"

nightbeck (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "2 weeks - 9 lbs 1st week: no Victoza, only diet - lost 2 Kg (4.5 lbs) 2nd week: 0.6 mg Victoza, a little exercise - lost 2 Kg. Found it pretty impressive, since this isn't water weight anymore! The first days I was very thirsty, always had a bottle of water around... Would feel hungry a bit in the morning, but if I just wait a few minutes it would go away and then I wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day. Eating well / healthy though, but not very much. On the 7th day had more appetite, but I believe it was because I went on 2 days with no carbs at all, I don't think it was the drug effect "wearing off" Today is the 1st day of my 2nd week with Victoza, went up to 1.2 mg, no side effects so far. Will def eat more fibers this week."

DRBR2017 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm taking victoza I was fine until I went up to 1.8 and it made me sick I had all the side effect on the list I didn't loose weight but was sick as a dog. Does anybody else feel like me.."

Neecey069 January 8, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda since September. It is now the beginning of January and I have lost 32 lbs. I experienced a lot of nausea in the beginning, however, I stuck it out. Currently I am at 3.0 dose and feel amazing! I started at 216 lbs and now weigh in at 184 lbs."

Bethie MI (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had a hard time assigning a numerical rating. On one hand, Victoza seemed like magic in that it lowered my sugars so reliably, and instantly. It almost seemed like validation that I wasn't doing anything "wrong"--my body needed help w/sugar metabolism. That earns a 10. On the other hand, I have to take into account quality of life. NEVER have I been so sick, for so many days consistently/consecutively. I am not a person who gets sick easily. I do not miss work due to illness. I function thru colds,upset stomach,headaches,muscle pain--you name it. Victoza knocked me on my butt. I was sick every day for 3 weeks. All same sx's as everybody else. There are NOT mild. I stopped it b4 I even got to 1.8 dose. Not reasonable. My body said hell no."

Lucy S (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm in my second week and since I have upped the dosage I have noticed constipation and for the last day moderate abdominal pain and diarrhea. I definitely don't eat near as much as what I used to And I am very happy about that. I did have headaches the first week nothing that Motrin couldn't take care of. I am 5'5" I weighed in at 230 pounds and I have lost 5 pounds as of the first week not sure today. I am very concerned about the possible side effect of cancer in the thyroid since I do have Hashimoto's disease. But I was considering the gastric sleeve surgery before this medication and really want to give it a shot because I don't want a large portion of my stomach taken out. I'll check in and update you all."

Josiegirl111 January 6, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda last July 2016. In the first two months I lost 4% of my body weight. After that, it stopped. I continued on for another two months, with no change. The information that comes with the drug says to stop taking if there is no change after 4%. I did stop. The weight came back on. I spoke with my doctor in December, and she encouraged me to start again. One side affect I've had, other than some mild nausea, is red itchy welts at the injection sites, when I start on the 1.2 mg and higher doses. The itchiness was intense. Started taking Benedryll, which helped. In time, the itchiness reduced, but still get red marks. My drug co pays for the drug, but not the needles. Needles are expensive!"

Katie Canuck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2017

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking this medicine since before Christmas and the side effects are awful from feeling sick, really eggy belching and really bad wind that keeps me awake as anyone else experienced this and how long did it last ???"

Curvycaz83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been taking Saxenda for 8 days now and I am down 10lbs already! This stuff is AMAZING! I am not hungry at all and when I do eat, I get full very quickly. I started on .06mg for the first 7 days and now I am on 1.2mg. I am not hungry and I still feel stuffed from breakfast. I have not changed my eating habits but I noticed I crave less sugar. I have an addiction to soda and I have not craved it really for the past few days. This stuff is a MIRACLE!"

Jem77 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My starting weight was 297. Now two weeks later I'm 283. After each increase I did have nausea and vomiting for a day or two. I thought I would have to stop and then I discovered Pepto-Bismol. My second day of Pepto-Bismol I felt like a new man. According to the label you can have 2 tablespoons up to eight times a day which means every couple hours. This really made a difference in the side affects. I rated it a 9 only because of the side effects other than that I'm 100% satisfied with this new medication!"

JoeyCT (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on saxenda since October. I weighed in at 215 prior and am now 182.8 pounds (I'm 5'7"). I take a lot of medication to help with chronic depression and tied in with major life events and poor eating I was more and more miserable with my weight that I gained in two years, mostly after my surgery for endometriosis (stage 4) and taking Lupron depo (horrid stuff) I just couldn't shake the weight. I started this a bit nervous I kept a low dose for awhile, around 1.8 because I had stomach upset but I did take it at night to help with that. I ended up taking the full dose but found 2.4 is more then enough to suppress my appetite. It's amazing I don't think about food and need less to feel satisfied. love it!!!"

April who's super thrilled December 28, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started November 18, 2016...First three weeks was super hard, fatigue and lost of appetite. Dr. gave me my first pen in the office. Took shot and straight to work to vomit. Today is December 27, 2016 and I am down 22 pounds. Insurance company notified they will stop paying for the medication effective 01/01/2017."

2morrow December 27, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started in Nov weight at 176 have lost 11lbs down 165 currently started at .6 now up to 2.6 have tried 3. But have nausea and headache so went back down. Definitely notice with feeling full fast and some days I have to make myself eat if I don't eat I feel sick. I haven't followed a strict diet but have cut sweets so not crave. Drink lots of water mouth is always dry. I have found when I do eat & drink plenty of water I loose more."

Looseby50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Victoza is awesome. I got diagnosed my A1C was 13.6. They gave me Glipizid (XL 10 mg daily) and Metformin (1000mg 2x daly) and got my A1C to 10.8 and fasting glucose to 267 They gave up and sent me to the Endocrinologist. He gave me Victoza (6 mg for two weeks, then 1.2mg ) After 1 month my fasting glucose is down to 80 and my A1C is at 8.4, which is remarkable given that A1C test include two months without the drug. Even better, Victoza makes me feel full and I eat less. Weight has dropped 6 pounds already But it doesn't end there. I had mild hypertension 135/85. Now its 108/72 Only side effect was a mild rash at the injection site. Went away after a couple of weeks."

amarsailles (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016

For Weight Loss: "Ive been on saxenda 6wks now with absolutely no side effects and have lost 7kgs and 10cms from my waist yes its expensive yes it has risks but so does being over weight for so long.."

Ams77 December 16, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Crazy start during 1st of holidays (Oct.) but had upper endoscopy done to help with some constriction. The extra weight was affecting my health and wellbeing so I did not want to wait to start. My doc had a trial kit to start with then I got my first month's prescription. Used insurance to absorb part of the cost and the coupon that was given by the manufacturer. Dubious & nervous of injections, I pushed forward as possibility of better health was worth the anxiety of sticking myself. Needles are tiny & you inject into the fatty areas so you don't really feel it while sticking. There can be achiness or stinging in the injection site sometimes. Started having rash & itching at some shot sites but have lost 8 lbs. & feel like exercising now."

Kickstarting (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started taking this on Nov 3rd, 2016 for weight loss at the suggestion of a new Dr. I am not prediabetic but over 100 lbs overweight. Age 46 I went back for my follow up on 12/12/2016 and had lost 13 lbs. I did experience nausea the first few days. This medicine reduced my appetite. Rating 8 out of 10 because I'm still early in the process. Will report back"

Andi T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I'm up to 3mg dose.. only lost 8 lbs in 2 months. I was very leary starting this medicine due to the thyroid and nausea issues, but I gave it a try.. it did not curb my cravings. It did make me full fast.. so instead of eating 2 sandwiches, I would only be able to force 1 down, but I don't think its worth it. My Dr says it takes 4 months to really kick in. Side effects were dry mouth, HORRIFIC FATIGUE, and confusion. nothing too major, but like any drug there is something. I would not recommend this drug as it is not a fast solution to weight loss and it is pretty discouraging if you want to lose more than 1 lb a week even with injecting yourself."

queen c (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda since October 13, 2016 - and have lost 19 pounds. I started off on a very gradual increase in dose which helped with side effects. I only feel nauseated when I eat foods that I should not be eating. The medication does reduce your appetite - so you need to ensure that you are eating regularly. I am very happy with the results so far as it is helping to motivate me to make overall lifestyle changes - eating better and exercising. Still enjoy a little treat - but am careful not to eat anything that will upset my stomach. I would encourage anyone dealing with obesity to give this drug a try. It truly works and the side effects can be managed if you are committed to eating healthy foods."

Canadiangirlsrock December 12, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on it for over a month now , no real side affects but great weight loss . I was 73 kilos I am now down to 66 kilos . I have hashimotos thyroid disease so it was a complete struggle to lose weight after having my son . I'm just worried as I had a read that when testing this in the lab the animals they tested it on got cancer ...... feeling stressed now i wish i didn't read it .."

yeneka (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Saxenda for two and a half months and I have lost 28 pounds!!! I highly recommend it . It does make you feel sick but it's well worth the out come!!!"

kicklighter4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I am on day 3 of Saxenda. I am doing the sample while waiting to find out if it is covered by insurance. I've had no side effects and a mild reduction in hunger. Not sure if i will get better results once I up my dose. Was hoping for a miracle but so far not amazing...."

Sillybe2be December 7, 2016