User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 382 reviews 141 medications

Weight Loss 220 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 411 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 1013 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have lost 10Kg my first month and I still have 20Kg to go. I know that I wouldn't be able to loose the weight without Saxenda. My only concern is that I feel something in my stomach and I don't know what it is. I think it is hunger but try to avoid it and drink fluids. I know eating or drinking to much will make me sick. I have vomited a couple of times now so I take it really easy. Just wish the constant stomach feeling would go away. I recommend this to anyone who needs a jump-start or nothing seems to work for them."

Ausitalyusa August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking victoza for three weeks and have lost ten pounds but at the cost of being sick as a dog every day. Cannot eat or stand the smell food cooking. I am done with this junk as of today."

Phoebie 1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda around the 3rd week of July and am at 1.8 ml. I am a 5'4 female, 42 years old, with thyroid problems amongst other issues. I was at 215 pounds and am down 9 lbs with no exercise. Yay! I purposely didn't exercise while I was adjusting. Once I see if I can handle 3.0 ml I will add in exercise. The side effects are gone and I hope it stays that way. I find I get on my scale and every few days I am about .5 pounds down. This is requiring a lot of patience!"

Patience 17 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am off Saxenda after 14 months. I started the drug at 250lb and now at 180lb which is my goal weight. I am 47 years old and finally realizing you don't eat 4 plates of food, you eat one smart plate. Stay away from the junk foods. My wife tells me constantly she notices chicks checking me out where ever we go. If I ever need any kind of motivation to manage my 180 lb. weight, this is it. No one was looking at me when I was 250 because there is nothing nice about being fat. Thank you Saxenda for giving me a life worth living! Now I feel like a have a purpose."

hov422 August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started the medication 7/21. I had to change taking at night time as I was so tired & nauseous. I'm so disappointed as I'm the only one who is not losing weight. 5'2" 222lb. I have all the side affects of the medication (nauseous, tired, slight headache(gone now) & no appetite). Overall I eat pretty healthy & not a lot, so I don't understand why no weight loss (I'm eating even less now). I am female, 54, so menopause & thyroid issues are not helping, but I was so hopeful. Anyone else not have success?? Medication is pricey & side affects for not working..... I go up to the 3.0 dose Friday... still hoping."

hopeful333 August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've read almost every comment on this medicine. How can anyone eat while taking this medication? The smell or even looking at food makes me want to die. I started this medication back in June 2017, I've lost 20lbs, although I'm on and off. The nausea is ridiculous. I can't even drink water when taking this medicine. I puke everything up. I can not increase my dose from 1.2mg, I tried and the nausea was intolerable. Even at 1.2mg I feel sick. I purchased the medicine went to see my doctor told her I paid for it and she gave me five additional pens. My goal is to get down to 150lb, I'm hoping that the nausea will go away. So far it has not."

PeytonB August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started 4 days ago on 0.6 and have only been nauseous once but not feeling any benefits My hunger isn't much better than normal and I am still craving foods. Not sure if I should take it at a different time of day? Currently taking it at night"

Pokey1966 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Hi. I just started the treatment an hour ago with 0.60mg dosage and I haven't felt anything yet. It took me half an hour to do the injection as I was afraid it would hurt.. but honesty I didn't feel anything.. I will keep you posted on a weekly basis.. I am now 230lb pounds.. and just had a good dinner..."

Hani1972 August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "update - I started on the drug 11 July, I have lost 17 lbs (7.5kg) in 5 weeks. I am still on 0.6 dose, my appetite has returned, will up the dose next week. Side affects have been ok, the most difficult being the tiredness. I am sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and trying to do 10,000 per day. This medication works!"

lougal August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I am on week three of the medicine at 1.8mg. I've been feeling extremely nauseous in the evenings to the point of having to take an anti nausea medicine. I started at 215.7lb and I am down to 205.5lb now. That's 10.2 lbs in three weeks. I hardly ever have an appetite. Only thing that is really appealing to eat is fruit and popsicles. I'm eating around 400-600 calories a day because if I force myself to eat when I'm not feeling hungry I get extremely sick and throw up until it's bile."

Walnuttery August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda 3 weeks ago and up to the 1.6 dose. I am 6 feet tall and started at 294 lbs. I have lost 20lbs. The nausea is severe at times. I have to force myself to eat which I have never experienced. I hope the nausea improves but I do see the drug working."

Tarafurma (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this about a week and half ago and I haven't had any nausea a little dizziness or more of an off balance feeling. Went to the doctor today and am already down 6 pounds! She upped my dose to the 1.2 and after reading the reviews I am a little worried with the side affects seeing how they didn't really affect till they increased in the dose. My sugar has seen a little decrease but still needs some work. My appetite has also decreased. Thanks for all the reviews it helped me a lot!"

Rae1984 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hello all, this a 4th update. Started the drug on the 19th of June, weighed 266 lbs...today, Aug 8th I am at 246 lbs. 20 lbs gone in 7 weeks is good for me. I'll take it. I would have never been able to lose 20 lbs without this drug. I am on the full dose of 3 now. The body builds a tolerance toward the drug, at least in my case. I lost 11 pounds instantly and then it started to slow down. Tried staying on the lower dose but it didn't work for me. Needed to increase following the dose schedule. My goal is to get below 240. Once I get into the 230's I will just pace myself with maintenance and stick to losing 5 pounds a month until I reach my goal of 220 over the next 4.5 months. Then see from there what to do. Don't get discouraged."

Hello all... (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on saxenda for a week now started at 206lb now down to 197lb.... I'm f 5'6 and 32 years old I'm only on the first dose of 0.6ml and it's stopping all the bad cravings.... I don't have much of an appetite I'm looking forward to see how the rest of the month is going to go.... my goal is 160 lbs so hopefully this will continue to work as well as it has been"

Rj23 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Sooo....started like everyone else on 0.6 after 2 days I spent 5 days in bed on the highest dosaging of Gravol. Never been so nauseated in my life. Then day 6 started feeling better. Definitely loss of appetite and only able to eat about 1/2 per meal as I did. This is my 4th week and still have some nausea on occasion and occasionally have diarrhea. So far I've lost 8lbs but haven't been dieting or exercising either. My morning sugars were from 12-16 now they're 8-12. Here's to 60 more lbs. "

~Magpie~ August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "UPDATE***I started on 7/24/17 230lbs and today 8/7/17 I'm 219lbs. I'm up to 1.8 and I'm very nauseous and I'm hoping that it ends soon."

Terri479 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started my injections on the 22nd of July, 2017. I am at the .06% I give the injections daily at the same time in my upper left or right thigh. No adverse reactions from injection location or medication to date. The first week I lost 5lbs. I will weigh in tomorrow for the second week. To date my appetite has been diminished. I feel fuller quicker. I have more energy and it is not reacting adversely with my other medications. I will say however, I am concerned about the long term effects, but then I must admit there is a trade off with being obese as well and the long term side effects. So which is better? Loose the weight through an artificial means versus continuing to remain obese?"

revjmd1625 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I'm on saxenda for 2.5 weeks at a dosage of 1.8. I have only lost 1 lb. I am definitely less hungry...but have horrible heartburn and am exhausted. Before starting saxenda, I walked 90 minutes a day on the treadmill. Lately tho I can barely make 60 minutes."

kara h (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss: "I've been taking this for exactly 5 weeks and have lost 17lbs, from 194lbs to 177lbs. That was with absolutely no exercise, just eating when I was hungry (which was next to never). Every time I increased the dosage the side effects were rough. I had several episodes of vomiting, fatigue, and just thinking of food would make me nauseous. But honestly for losing that much weight it was worth it to me. Only concern is I've now been at the 3.0mg dose for over a week and my appetite is crawling back and my weight loss is slowing down. I'm hoping once I start working out my weight loss will resume and my appetite won't be out of control like it was before I started this med."

Lex121 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Saxenda today at 184 pounds. I am 5'7" and 48 years old. My goal weight is 150 pounds. So far I haven't had any side effects, but then again this is only day 1 so I am not sure how quickly those kick in. I am looking forward to this journey and hope to have amazing results from hard work and determination to reach my goal with the help of Saxenda."

kquinn15 August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Started Saxendra on Tues. July 25th. 46 years old, 5'6" starting weight 201lbs. Starting dose 0.6. Was still hungry and craving sugars and bad snacks. Upped dosage for second week to 1.2 Day 3 of 1.2 mg huge headache with nausea/vomiting. Had to come home from work. On Monday I tweaked my neck backing up a trailer at the boat launch. So, I'm attributing the vertigo and nausea to that? I went for a chiropractic adjustment today for my neck. I guess we'll see if that is the cause of my nausea. Could be the drug, could be the tweak? Since I've upped the dose to 1.2 I'm not hungry at all and nothing seems to be appetizing. Forcing myself to eat something. the "off switch" in my brain to tell me when I'm full finally works!!!!"

Collywog (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started on July 13 2016 at 5' 5" female and 275 pounds. I'm now 174lb pounds with 20 more to go. Weight loss has definitely slowed down over the last few months with me only losing a few pounds over that time. I got down to 165 but then had a Mirena IUD inserted and went up to 174. I'm back exercising though and hope to lose the extra 20 pounds I'd like to reach a comfortable goal by Christmas. I went from a size 22 to and 8 to 10. Very pleased."

Bah66uk (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started taking it this evening and the injection didn't hurt at all, didn't even feel it. I did feel a little itchy and burning sensation after though. I did have a little panic attack after I think I had just worked myself up for all of the worse side effects. It's been a few hours and haven't felt any nausea or any other side effects. Hopefully it will stay that way. Excited to start this journey."

Hpolvr71 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started the 19th of July!! Felt so nauseous that I thought there is no way I'm going to do this!! Well I started again on Friday the 28th so I've had four consistent doses and it's not that bad now. I'm still eating but I feel like I want a glass of milk. I'm only taken in .6 mg so'll we shall see!! I am very hopeful! The reviews were very helpful. Thank you all :)"

#wendiesway July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Been taking Saxenda since 19th May - and so far I haven't lost anymore weight since I last posted here on 28th May. I'm on the full 3mg Dose, no side effects, no weight loss and if anything my hunger has gone back to normal Really don't think its work for me. Which is very upsetting and disappointing. I have very irritating rash at the injection site and I also have discovered a cyst on my lady parts which I never had before using this drug. I think it's time to come off Saxenda."

CD82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017