User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Liraglutide.

Weight Loss

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Obesity
7.9

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 8.0 1,158 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Saxenda on November 26 and have lost 9lbs so far. Most of which occurred in the first week and a half with only 1lb loss last week. So far I have not experienced the heartburn or headaches but will say the nausea can be challenging but worth it if this continues to work. I plan to add some moderate exercise at least a couple times a week to help me on this journey. Good luck everyone and I'll post more in a couple weeks."

Beccayn (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I began Saxenda 6 days ago and lost 2 pounds. Mind you, I could have easily done this by skipping dessert. I began at 242lb last week and am at 239.4lb today. I was INCREDIBLY nauseous from it (I'm now taking Zofran for the nausea ). I began Contrave last Dec 27th of 2016 and lost 30 pounds. Then Easter came and it just went back up from there. Gained 23 of the 30 back. Feel like Contrave stopped working completely. I'm now on BOTH Contrave and Saxenda. We did order pizza Sunday and I had 1 slice, a thing I didn't know was possible. I had two chicken tenders last night and that's all I could eat. It's definitely working for now- let's see if it continues."

Newusernumber4 December 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I’ve been on saxenda for 2 weeks and 5 days and I’ve already lost 10 lbs. I am on 1.8 dosage. I have a doctor appointment next week and maybe he will increase the dose at that time. Also, I haven’t been exercising either. I’ve been averaging between 1000 to 1200 calories a day. My starting weight was 220 lbs. as of this morning I’m 210 lbs. I’ve tried every weight loss program you can imagine and nothing has come close to this weight loss. I have a long way to go to get down to my goal weight. It will be interesting to see if this weight loss continues at this pace. I’m really hopeful. I will update this post if I can find it again."

PattyDf December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am glucose intolerant, so had gained 20kg and couldn't lose weight no matter how hard I tried. Doctors suggested surgery, but I refused to even consider that path and so my GP suggested Saxenda. I have almost finished the trial pack. I inject in the evening and in the first week lost 3cm & after 2 weeks had lost 1.8kg and another 200g in week 3. There is morning nausea, but I basically just feel like I've eaten a full meal, all the time. I am eating about a third of my usual diet and am consistently 2000kj under my target. Have just commenced 2.4g dose and am hoping for improvement in weigh loss. So far am a little disappointed."

Gerenga December 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on saxenda since Nov 14. I am pretty proud of myself and I've lost 5 lbs. so far. Since starting on saxenda I have been trying to exercise more. I am a caretaker for my husband so I really have not been able to go to the wellness center 3 times a week to work out. Maybe 2 times so far and right now I'm dealing with recovering from surgery myself. I'm eating better but haven't gotten completely on a regular diet regimen. I try not to stress about it and take it a day at a time. At least I'm losing and not gaining."

Musikluvr1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My provider prescribed me Saxenda today only to find out that my insurance will not cover it. I called the pharmacy and they told me it would cost $1500.00! I live in the USA. "

FatGril December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have battled my weight my whole life. I just always seemed to be hungry or at least always wanted to eat. I'm 2 weeks in and I am having to almost make myself eat. In fact, I'm a bit concerned that I might not be eating enough. My main side effects are some nausea (not extreme) and burping to a ridiculous non-stop degree. It does feel a bit weird in general. I'm down 8.4 lbs now, from a starting point of 220.6 lbs. I find myself walking faster, for some reason. I just seem to have more energy even though I am taking in so few calories. Anyone with any history of an eating disorder should stay away. Update after 33 days on Saxenda: I'm down 14 lbs and the side effects are basically the same as the first two weeks. So far, so good."

DisappearingWoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been using Saxenda for a month now as started Nov 4, 2017. My starting weight was 242 pounds and I'm 5'10 male. Today as of Dec 4, 2017 I weigh 230 so a -12 weight loss in a month. Definite reduction in appetite as feel full with about half or less than of what would normally eat before. Exercising lightly, mostly walking but getting a treadmill and free weights to soon to start to increase intensity of exercise as now at full 3mg dosage. No real side effects only at start was feeling tired but went away after first week. Will update every month as goal is to get to 170 pounds."

AA1010 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started this medication just over week ago I am in the UK. My doctor wouldn’t prescribe this for me so I have bought it privately. I am active and go to the gym around 4 times a week usually however my first week on the medication I have been on a training course and only made the gym once. I have had no real side affects to the medication and in fact I feel really good. Today is day 9 and I am 5lbs down.. I find I cannot eat anything with too much sugar in it but other than that I eat small and often ... I do following slimming world as a main diet .... I look forward to see how much I can shift before Xmas .."

Fatgirlslim (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Was prescribed Saxenda at a London clinic for cosmetic weight loss. I have had gastric weight loss surgery in 2012, lost 4 stones, but in 2016 started gaining a pound a month. Once I got 18lbs back on I was desperate - I try to follow slimming world but I stress eat. Saxenda was easy to use. But..made me so ill I had to take three days off work. Chest pain, blurred vision and headache. The first two days it did suppress my appetite and I thought it was a wonder drug, but on day three and four I was starving, but eating made me very sick. Stopped for three days, then tried again, to give it a fair trial. Chest pain immediately, blurred vision. Lost 2lbs in 10 days - mostly through vomiting."

KittycatUK November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm on day 2, taking .06mg Yesterday I dint have any nausea but today is going in waves. I'm in my late 30's weigh 220 and am 5'7". I also have Hoshimoto's. 4 years ago I weighed 150lbs. I gained 60lbs in less than a year and have had trouble ever since trying to get this weight under control. I too like most think about food constantly, and most days have no energy due to my Thyroid. I want my life back and hope and pray this will give me the needed guidance to get back on track!! Thanks to all who have shared their success with us, that gives me hope!!!"

70lbs to go (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Due to my insurance not covering Victoza, or any "anorexiant", my weight specialist is switching me to Sandexa. She is giving me her samples..."as long as you keep losing"! This is awesome. With Victoza, down 16 lbs. in 2 weeks! I know this is the kick-start I need to help me loose another 100lb. Has anyone gone from Victoza to Sandexa and noticed a difference, or does it work effectively the same? Your comments are appreciated! ;-)"

BlueEyz57 November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have struggled with weight my entire life. I am a 27 year old female that works out actively and tries to eat low carb but cannot seem to lose weight without gaining back immediately. Today I started Saxsenda and I am really hopefully this will work! Weighed in around 237 lbs today at the doctor. We will see how it goes! I will update in a few weeks. Good luck everyone! *Side note I am extremely bad with needles and had to force myself to do the injection but it really wasn’t so bad. Slight pinch."

Hopingforthebest! (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm actually a physician, 6'0 -- used to be 175 pounds, but this job has caused me to stress-eat so much that I ballooned to 220 pounds. Started Victoza at 1.2mg daily; couldn't tolerate going up to 1.8mg due to severe nausea, so I take about 1.5mg (intermediate click between 1.2 and 1.8) daily, and will occasionally take an additional 0.6-1.2mg dose later in the day before a large meal or if I feel the craving for pasta or noodles or a big dinner. COMPLETE loss of cravings for snacks. The thought of sugary/carby things does not interest me any longer. Feel full after a few bites. It's only been a few weeks but I've already lost 12 pounds. Combining this with high-intensity diet and exercise as well, and possibly a ketogenic diet. A+!"

doctorglp1 November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I had a real rough patch of depression and over the last two years I went up from 180lbs to 275 lbs and seemed everything I tried failed. at 5'10' I was diagnosed as obese, developed high blood pressure, pre-diabetic & cholesterol was high. I couldn't exercise because I was so winded all the time. Started on Saxenda November 9. The goal is to introduce more physical activity as I start to drop the weight that's contributing to my being winded. I'm now up to the 1.8 dose and in the first 18 days I am down 10 lbs. Better food choices help too. Side effects: Slight nausea, fatigue/sleepiness and morning headaches. Insurance co considering entitlement because of the other comorbid factors. otherwise it's damn expensive."

Frank1969 November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started this med 2 weeks ago. I feel awful: generally ill feeling (like a cold or flu), severe headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramping (feels like I've done a massive workout and let the muscles cool down without stretching), muscle weakness (where it's a chore to lift arms and legs...skin pain, too), trouble sleeping, I can feel my heart pounding and hear it in my ears, coughing, and I don't know what else. I have spoken to my doctor and been told this will go away, but I'm concerned. My vision wasn't great before, but seems worse now. Not sure what to do..."

MBDub (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Been on saxenda 6 weeks. Started at 245lbs down to 220lbs. I do not not even remember what it feels like to be hungry, I eat only to make sure I am taking in protein and vitamins to stay healthy. Cannot eat more than half a palm worth of food ( literally like 2 chicken nuggets) I’m definitely continuing this medication until I get closer to my goal of 150lbs"

5cat November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "11/25/17 I started with 0.6 dose. I am 187 lbs and 5ft. I have tried everything. After my first day I have nausea and no appetite. Let’s see how this goes. I have high hopes"

NanaDebbie November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. Due to needing a total knee replacement was already trying to lose the 70lbs needed to have the surgery with little success. Thank goodness, I was restarted on Victoza on October 16, 2017. Since then, my blood sugar has consistently been 110-120. I have very little appetite along with nausea after the daily shot. I eat very little but was shocked to find out I am down 40 lbs since Oct 16th. I honestly believe this is due to the Victoza and diurectics I have for excessive water retention. Thanks Victoza!"

DFaith November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Victoza in September 2017 and have lost 40 pounds. I'm thrilled with the weight loss however I continue to experience vomiting and diarrhea. Anything with red sauce is a big no for me. Can anyone recommend foods that they find are easy to manage? Any feedback is helpful. Thank you for your time..."

Lee from Boston November 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Victoza 2 weeks ago, just started 1.8 injection today. First week was the worst as far as getting sick. Things are better now still get a little nauseated now and then. (Mostly if I try to eat something sweet.) My morning sugars are looking closer to normal. They've have gone from 240 to 130 ( and I was also on Glyburide, Januvia, and insulin shot.) so it 240 readings were with these 3 medicines) Also lost 7 pounds... pretty cool."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I took the first injection in my doctor's office November 15, 2017. It's only one week but I'm down 8 pounds and feel like this may be what I need. I need to lose just over 100 lbs. I feel a little nauseous at times, but the appetite has dwindled and barely any cravings. Eating anything really sweet or sugary tastes disgusting. I'm taking this with Invokana so I'm not sure how this all works long term. Unfortunately, my drug insurance may not cover this. I certainly cannot afford to pay for more than a couple of months. I'm currently being checked for PCOS. So whether or not that makes a difference, I'll have to wait and see. I'm glad this available and I think this is what is going to work for me."

Anonymous November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda on November 3 and today is November 21. So far I lost 17lbs roughly one pound per day. Finally something is working for me. I've tried everything... and I mean everything..."

JB0000000 November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on vitoza since 2013. I have lost 60 lbs and still losing but slower. My A1C has been 6.9 mostly. I sometimes get nauseated but not often. It has been a miracle for me!"

L chlebik November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hello all, just back from the doctor...lost another 3.2 lbs...started at 266.7 lbs on June 19 and now at 229.0lb. on Nov 17. Lost total of 37.7 lbs. in 5 months. As you approach your ideal weight you start to lose less and less. When I started, I was barely eating but now back to 3 meals a day but the nice thing about this medicine is that it also teaches you how to eat. I could probably lose more but my goal is 225 lbs ( 4 more pounds ) and then I will stop. Also, I followed the dose schedule. Made it to 3.0 then went backwards and now at 0.6 again. Once I reach my goal, I am stopping as the meds are costing me $450 a month with needles. Don't be discouraged. This stuff works. Try and exercise as well and the pounds will melt off. Cheers."

Hello all... November 17, 2017