User Reviews for Liraglutide

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 7.9 1,366 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started taking Saxenda a week ago on the 0.6mg dose and so far have lost 4lbs. I use my fitnesspal to track nutrition and calorie intake. I am a heavy night time eater and love junk food. My habits are bad and I usually eat a huge chocolate bar and 1/2 a big bag of chips each night. I have not eaten any junk food in 5 days now. The cravings are subsiding and my appetite has decreased immensely. I haven't started working out yet because I am the laziest person I know , but I will start soon. I hope this trend continues because for me to actually change my eating habits, stop junk food and count calories is a huge accomplishment. Side effects on the 0.6 dose have been minimal (knock wood), small amount of nausea for about an hour each morning. Heartburn for a few days and that's about it. I take my dose around 7 pm each day and it seems to work out well. Good luck to all!!"

Hugs (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I'm only on day 5 of Saxenda. Firstly, I have been working out and calorie counting but have been at a weight-in stand still. I'm trying this to get an extra push. I'm 5'7, starting weight 370lbs. Working out and calorie counting got me to 334lbs. Saxenda day 5 I'm 229lbs. Fatigue is bad. I'm starting to get a very sore throat, more on right side and pain when swallowing. (I'll update more). Not hungry, no constipation...I do drink water. Hoping the tiredness goes away...I loved working out and now I just want to sleep."

Kimmer1978 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "After reading some of the reviews I was apprehensive to start taking Saxenda due to the side effects. I am on day 4 and have have not experienced anything yet other than a 5lb weight loss! I am waiting for the side effects to kick in but so far so good! I am loving this boost that my body so needed!"

Small s (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I was originally on Saxenda about a year ago, I have PCOS and no matter how much I worked out and followed a strict low-carb diet, I still gained weight. My starting weight was around 160lb I got all the way down to about 143lbs. With the price for this drug being so much ($1250!) and my doctor telling me that often times people using this drug after awhile will plateau and stop losing weight, I decided to stop taking the drug. It's about 8 moths since I stopped the injections, and I am back on them. I originally had no side effects, but this time I am feeling very nauseous and always have a feeling of being full. I am only at 1.2mg dose and am waiting until these side effects fade before increasing the dosage. The first time around, I only noticed a decrease in appetite but no general discomfort. Has anyone else had this same experience when they restarted taking Saxenda?"

JW (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I went into menopause at age 42, slowly gaining weight, I am 52, 5’2 and weighed 164lb, I started March 5 2018 and today is May 20 2018, I am now 140lbs. I cannot begin to say how good this feels. Nothing else worked for me. My side effects are nausea and I am currently at the dose 1.8 and that works for me."

Loislane May 21, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Victoza did wonders for me; not only helped aided in weight loss but has me feeling super energized during the day. Overall I'm pleased with Victoza. Noticed slight nausea during my trial period but that's subsided after about 5 days of usage. My appetite has significantly reduced and made it easy for me to eat clean (mostly plant based meals and lots of H20..NO gluten or dairy). I've lost a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks along with regular exercise and diet. Victoza is truly amazing:-)"

Fabulous_Scorpio01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "4 months in Saxenda and I have only lost 9 pounds. Despite doing exercises and counting calories the weight was just slowly coming down. So I am not sure if Saxenda was doing anything. Slight occasional nausea and headaches the first couple of weeks. No other side effects either. It has done nothing to decrease my appetite or cravings. Unfortunately it seems I was not responding to Saxenda and today my doctor discontinued it. So frustrating. Big disappointment."

Pilatuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Like a light switch turning off my appetite and the uncontrollable thoughts I had of eating junk food even when I wasn’t hungry. Gone from 179lb last May to 150lb. At 3 mg/day, I still have control over food most days. I’m finding that my rheumatoid arthritis has been exacerbated though the lab results do not show it. In 15 years I’ve never been so stiff I the mornings. Now my Rheum MD wants to hold my Arava so that a fingernail infection will respond to the bid dosing of Cipro. Not sure where I’m headed but my goal is to reach 140, 137 if possible."

Zoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm on my first week of Saxenda. My doctor recommended it after I tried to loose 20 lbs but ended up GAINING 40 lbs. After scouring the internet, I decided to take it at night (1900-ish) and only experienced slight nausea but I keep pepto bismol tablets near me. I've lost 8 lbs and have noticed a decreased appetite. When eating, I notice a distinct sense of fullness."

Smhood82 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Prescribed in Nov 2017. Additionally take 2g of metformin at that time. Titrated up from 0.6 to 1.2. During that time, I lost 30 lbs, and my a1c went down to 5.8 (207 to 187). Initially was taking it in the morning, but it was making me sick at work, so I started to take it after work, so if I was sick I was at home. Mostly no appetite, and nausea, and occasionally a headache. It went away after 3 weeks. Now I am increasing my dosage from 1.2 to 1.8 to see if I can reduce my metformin and lose more weight to reduce my liver enzyme numbers. While it was difficult at times when I first started taking the drug, I'm still excited to see if I will lose additional weight with the increase in dosage. I'm ok with the temporary side effects, because I know they will eventually go away. Additionally being at my lowest weight since 2003 is totally worth it, not to mention better liver enzyme levels and less arthritis pain due to less weight."

Cady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on victoza for almost 3 weeks and recently bumped my dosage to 1.8 per dr's orders. At first I only had minor indigestion, no big deal. Now with the higher dose my whole body hurts. Everything aches and all I want to do is lay in bed due to the pain. Hoping this gets better or I'll either decrease the dosage or get back on my Metformin. This pain is ridiculous."

Alaska1010 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "So far, so good. I've been on Saxenda for 10 days and am down 8lbs so far. Have experienced no real side effects aside from lack of appetite, and when eating too much a large brick feeling in my guts. I'm a 46yo female, starting weight 275lb, current weight 267lb. I've had 4 major orthopedic surgeries in the last 3 years which have set me far, far back in physical activity. But I'm trying. My insurance is covering this for 6 months, with a $25 copay."

Christy (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on saxenda now since October, 2017 and started at 230lbs. Just weighed myself last night and am down to 194lbs. The only side effects are being backed up, slight headache and feeling tired. I work out at the gym 4 days a week and hike every other week for 2 hours. This medication really works, but it works more if you excecise more. Excercising also helps with the constipation. Am very blessed that my insurance(Molina)!covers the entire prescription. This med is better than surgery for weight loss. It's really worth it. Good luck to you all."

Sen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Week 1: (287lb weight) dosage 0.6 no side affects, Week: 2 (278lb weight) 1.2 dosage. I think it’s working I’m eating healthy and going to the gym 5-6 times a week I’m very impressed with saxenda!!!"

Jay May 7, 2018

For Weight Loss: "Let me start with my issues I have PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) my doctor put me on saxenda to help me decrease my weight. I'm also taking Metformin with Saxenda. My first week at 0.6 was good, I had diahrrea one day and I think it was the metformin. The first week I lost like 4lbs. Which is a big deal because with exercise and good eating habits I never lost 1lb. I increased the dosed to 1.2 a week after and 3 days later on that dosed (total 6lbs lost) I got sick- I mean it was bad. I was out of work for 3 days with diarrhea and vomiting. I called the Doctor and she said to stop both medications and once I was better restart again and stay 0.6 for a few weeks. So I gained 3 lbs (5 days without drugs) and started again and I have lost 1.5lbs in 5 days. I noticed if I eat red meat the next day my stomach is upset. I just hope saxenda can work because I do not want to have bariatric surgery."

Cti2018 May 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am into my 7th week and have lost 14.6 lbs! Started at 230lb and am at 215.4 an average of 2 lbs per week! (Mod. Intensity workout 2x/week) I definitely notice the decrease in appetite and feeling full for many hours after eating (up to 8 hours). Dry mouth is a constant battle for me, fatigue and on and off constipation but not bad enough to stop. I hope to increase my exercise to 4x/wk to help prevent the plateau I noticed others hit during treatment. It has also helped me make better food choices, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies to help prevent constipation and it reduces the nauseous feeling if you eat something heavy. I find injecting around noon is best to prevent the late night munchies for us night owls but on my work days I do it early (7am) and I definitely notice I feel like eating more that evening. I highly recommend trying this drug to help you get on the right track but you still need to be willing to adjust diet and lifestyle habits if you want to maintain permanent weight loss."

Pharmerjenn May 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started taking Saxenda at 260lbs. I had hypertension. I don't really have a chance to exercise because of my work schedule but I do walk 30 minutes daily. I really did not think it would work however by the 2nd week I had already lost 5lbs. I am currently down to 230lb without exercise. I also had skipped some days not for any particular reason, just that my schedule would be so busy I would forget."

Jessica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Update - At 3.0 - Weight is slowly coming off. My doctor had me switch from taking the injection in the morning to night time to see if it would help with nausea and gas. It has helped but I also find myself wanting to eat more during the day. I am afraid this may slow the weight loss even more. Has anyone else done this and if so, what was your experience? Thanks!"

Got to Go (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Today is day 13 on Saxenda and I feel pretty good. I felt amazing week 1 but now feel my stomach upset off and on during the day. Not terrible but noticeable. I do not feel hungry and feel energized/motivated which I haven't felt in years! I am down 7 lbs. and will start on 1.8ml on Thursday. I'm curious of the upset stomach issue. I'll post an update soon."

Maggie (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am 58 years old, I have been on Saxenda for 11 months. I lost 40 lbs effortlessly but slowly for the first 8 months. At about 9 months I stopped losing and am struggling to keep from gaining. I have gained 5 lbs. back even though I have continued taking it. Have noticed lots of hair loss since I've been on it. Some nausea and constipation at first but that didn't last long."

Donna April 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started on the .06 dose and had headache & nausea. Everything tasted super sweet or bad, I would not want it. I did feel full, but everything seemed to turn my stomach. On the 2nd week, upped the dose, more nausea, then the worst heartburn ever. Had no desire to eat, which is good if you are trying to lose weight, but...the heartburn made me wonder, is this worth it? Did I mention NO weight loss!? After work I was beyond exhausted. Just wanted to sleep, no energy to help the kids with home work, make dinner, or even think about doing chores! At 1 point I remembered what people doing Chemo & battling cancer say, food has no taste, they don’t want to eat. So I stopped the treatment, there are very few things in life that give pleasure, eating happens to be one of them......taking drugs to lose weight, not losing any weight ( bloated), feeling horrible & taking the risk to possibly getting cancer? No thanks. Back to reducing portions & getting more exercise."

Rio19 April 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Giving an update: just started my week 3 dose yesterday, so now at 1.8. Down a total of 9lbs! (So that’s 9 lbs in two weeks!) Feeling good, no more problems with being nauseous, however since starting week 3 yesterday I have developed the awful, nasty Sulfer burbs! Hoping it’s just a phase and will pass as my body adjust to the new dosage! I will keep you updated!"

MaeMae (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Today is day 7. I am a 27 yr old female started at 94 kg down to 92 kg already lost 2 kg. I hardly get hungry most days and I make myself eat cause I know I need it and no sugar cravings. Really dull headaches otherwise no side effects! Tomorrow I up my dose to 1.2mg I will keep you posted. I can't believe it this is GREAT!"

Missy (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Also wanted to share that I did too get a red rash at site of injection when I first started using Saxenda. Problem was NOT that the needle was injecting the fluid incorrectly, but that I was sensitive to the drug. I hung in there and within a few weeks I didn’t experience any problems at injection site. I can say that injecting at the belly is a lot better. I still get a slight rash if I use my leg or arm. Luckily I did not have to discontinue the use of Saxenda as a rash was my only symptom."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was first sceptical on using it I didn't want to have to stick my self every morning. But my doctor told me that the meds my previous doctor had me on were good but there are better ones. So I figured if it is better for me I want it. So after three weeks I can say that this keeps my sugars level all day as long as I eat correctly. My sugars are not dropping by lunch time and I have lost some weight. I have not had any side effects except for maybe a runny nose here and there but I can deal with it. You have to inject yourself with a very small needle and you do not feel it at all. My insurance covered it so it was not expensive."

Daniel (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018