User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 334 reviews 138 medications

8.2
Weight Loss 74 reviews 44 medications

Obesity 276 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 684 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Liraglutide

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started this med on 11/18/2016, Nausea, headache, and sleepy. I have been on the borderline for over ten years. Annual physical, u must take off 40-60 pounds, diet and exercise I could only remove 25. The first week down 7 lbs. Appetite is completely gone, have to force myself to eat and drink. Take more naps, drink more smoothies, hard time emptying bladder...Overall, sleep better, feel lighter and clothing bigger. However, it has only been about two weeks. Me and personal trainer start workout next week."

Chappelle November 28, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been taking the drug since April 1st and I am down about 50 pounds. I was taking Viibryd, because I developed panic attacks after our house was flooded out by Sandy and gained a ton of weight. Anyone who takes an anti-depressant, no matter which one it is, you need to get off it as soon as possible because you are going to gain a lot of weight. The reason why this drug is so expensive is because weight loss is the number one thing people cherish the most. What is the first thing you notice when you look at someone for the first time? What they look like! Novo Nordisk knows that and they have a captive audience. When you sell gold, you can charge a lot of money and people have to buy it."

hov422 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I was unable to get rid of my baby weight after having my 2nd child and heard about saxenda. After much thought I decided to consult my doctor who was not oppose to me trying it. I've been on saxenda now for almost 2 months. I havent experienced any side effects I started with .06 and now on dose 3.0. After one full month I weighed myself and I've lost 10lbs. I've decided to weigh myself monthly so I will check in a few weeks my process! Oh and my insurance has picked it up but only for a limited time I have 2 more refills left!"

Josterm November 27, 2016

For Weight Loss: "All in all... I tried a lot of weight loss programs and they were "ok". Until I was introduced to this drug. 1st week I did the dose by the book. 2nd week I increased to 1.2 and 3 days later I went to 2.6 because of all the thanksgiving fixings. I'm on my 3rd week. I have loss 18 lbs. and NO it's not water loss or movements. I drink a lot of water and am natural everyday. I haven't gone to the gym yet, but planning on it very soon. I'm 5'9" 400lbs but now I'm 382 and feeling great. I've had a headache or two maybe even 3 but not too bad. Nauseous twice because I drank a couple of soda pops. My alcohol cravings are next to nothing. I cannot wait (no pun intended) to see what happens in a couple more weeks."

Unch November 25, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have started Saxenta this morning ( stated with 0.6 to go up to 1.8, will increase every 4th day as the Dr prescribe). I was told to expect nausea but been 4 hrs and other then being thirsty nothing at all. The DR place me on the Saxenta as 7 years ago I was taking antidepressants and the weight just piled on and could not loose it and start having lots of other health issues. I hope this will help me loose the weight and get my health back to normal and start exercising again. By the way the DR place me on the Saxenta 1.8 and Optifast for the first month, been advice to drink a minimum of 3 Lt of water. Will update as I go ....in a month"

Annnbele (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Last report was 10/29. Been on saxenda 10 weeks - down 24lbs (goal is 28lbs), dose has stayed at 1.2. Tried 1.8 for a day but felt nauseous. Before saxenda my cravings for bread, sweets and a glass of wine after work almost every day were awful. Following my doctor's diet and using saxenda - cravings barely exist. Only 1 glass of wine in 10 weeks and a few pieces of Halloween candy twice. Before saxenda I would've finished the bag. I use miralax every other day and feel a little more tired than usual, but no major problems. A bit afraid of what happens when I reach my goal soon, but the saxenda experience with little to no cravings has really made me think about my behavior and the triggers that make me want to eat for no reason."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Victoza now for about a month. I'm a relatively newly diagnosed diabetic. I found out two months ago. I was on 1000mg Metformin twice a day. Even on the Metformin my sugars would be 280-400. Even waking up in the morning fasting I would be in the 240-270 range. So in our first checkup my doctor suggested Victoza. Holy crap. What a difference. On the first day with only the .6 dose I had my first sugar below 200. I have had no negative side effects at all. I ramped up to the max dose in the first week because I was feeling great. I still have no negative side effects. My appetite is significantly reduced. Post meal sugars in the 120-140 range. 90 or less in the AM. Love this med!!!!"

SteelRain13M (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was nothing but sick on this med. Severe intestinal diarrhea and abdominal pain. In effort to overcome all the dreadful side effects, I went on Paleo diet. No wheat, dairy, sugar, peanut or legume type beans. within a year I was off all diabetic meds. Yes it is radical life style change, but far better then injecting poison."

4RealDeal November 17, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was recently prescribed victoza. the day I took my first dose (1.8) I ended up in the er. I was continuously throwing up and needed to be hydrated. The following week I tried it again and I was in the er again. This does not work for me. I have read many reviews that say it gets better after two weeks but how can you go on with your day if you are nausous or vomiting all day."

GSGS (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

For Weight Loss: "Down 24lbs since end of Sept. Started with 2 weeks of victoza sample. Same med as saxenda just lower dose used with diabetes. Feel great very little side effects, haven't increased my exercise right now and still loosing. Get full very quickly and find I have no urge to eat at night."

Cyndie7567 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Victoza for about 3 months. Lost 20+ pounds. Started at .6 for two weeks then upped to 1.2 for a week and 1.8 since then. I've tried everything to control my blood sugar. Before Victoza, I was running about 165-195 in the morning and 140-150 all day. Metformin made it higher. Xigduo made it higher and had horrible side effects. Tried a few others with zero positive results. Victoza worked the best once I hit 1.8 dose. My morning BS is never higher than about 110 and I'm always <100 throughout the day. The biggest thing is that it completely controls my appetite. I work from home full-time and used to snack all day. With Victoza, I have to make myself eat and I eat very small portions. I'm just not hungry AT ALL. Love it!"

UHCougarsfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on saxenda for almost 4 months and lost 30 pounds! I am experiencing very little side effects. The only thing that I keep asking myself is once I reach my weight goal, what happens next? am I supposed to just stop the medication? What happens once we stop the medication? Im so afraid to gain the weight back... has anyone reached their goal and stopped the medication? Anyone can share their experience?"

Samsay November 13, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I took Saxenda at the highest dose for a total of 6 months. I had only lost about 3 lbs at week 12 but decided to continue since I had bought 6 months supply. I had absolutely no side effects. No nausea, no loss of appetite. Did nothing for me and at the end of 6 months I hadn't lost a pound. VERY disappointed since I know other people who lost a ton of weight effortlessly. BTW, I had bariatric surgery 10 years ago and was trying to halt regain."

uppitykate November 13, 2016

For Weight Loss: "Went from .6 to 2.4 in five days. I had zero side effects or efficacy until I got to 2.4. I had some very slight but continuous nausea that first day on 2.4 and had zero appetite. Since then I've had zero to little appetite and no side effects. I find myself eating only out of necessity, have zero cravings and excellent portion control. As a result the weight is just falling off! I won't titrate to 3.0 unless I feel the effects waning. Why waste the medicine (and money) if I don't have to? Note: be sure to get a savings card or print one off on line. My insurance required a PA, and the cost was $50. The coupon knocked it down to $30."

Barry Soetoro (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "On Saxenda for about a month and dropped 18lbs with no ill effects whatsoever but my insurance does not cover it, and my out of pocket is almost $1,300. Everything I have tried, nothing worked except Saxenda but I can't afford it......why does it cost so much? Is there a breakdown on the cost posted somewhere? I guess Novo Nordisk a/s is making quite a bit, sure would like to see who gets paid what.....tomast106@yahoo.com"

Tomas106 November 10, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Saxenda for about 2 months now. I am down 17Lbs. I noticed constipation when I increased my dose to the highest one. .3. Im grateful my insurance covers it. I pay 30.00. I continue to exercise and drink plenty of water. I go back to docotr jan 2017. I started out at a weight of 265 im 249 now. "

86cha November 8, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've been on Saxenda for 1 month and lost 15 pounds. But I do eat well. I like that I don't have any craving but I started to have rash where I inject so I have to go see my doctor. It itch, it looks like a skin reaction. I hope I won't have to stop. I'll keep you posted!"

Joblowstephanie November 6, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I had been on Saxenda for about 7 months and lost 40lbs. I didn't experience the nasty side effects until I nearly died from pancreatitis. My lipase shot to nearly 24000 and the pain was worse than anything that I ever experienced. Please understand that this is possible and weigh that carefully into your decision."

TodNow November 4, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Today marks a week since i started on Saxenda. I am morbidly obese for my height. I weigh 96.4kg and am only 152cm tall. Having 5 kids and depression has got me to where i am today. I struggled figuring out the whole needle thing at first and 2 shots i have wasted into mid air "

Mumma22many (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I tried Saxenda for 15 days and I did fine, minor symptoms. Since my insurance did not cover it I waited 2 month to purchase the medicine. I started the first week at 1.2 then move to 1.8 but on the second day I began to had a lot of burping and upset stomach with growling, last night I felt terrible but after burping and using the bathroom I felt better. I purchased 2 boxes (10 pens) and I am on my first and about to quit. One thing I should mention is that I ate more yesterday than I normally will on this medicine, which was a concerned since it should help manage hunger. Hope someone can help me if you had the same symptoms and got better, I would like to stay on it least until I finish what I purchased. Thanks"

DeMaria November 2, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Doctor suggested Saxenda and this is week 4 @ increased the injection to 2.4. Total loss is 6.5 kilos. Side effects are extreme tiredness, constipation & heart burn. Due to knee replacement 10 months ago & fractured back I'm limited to exercise so walk every day & night & incl hill climbs. I eat 1000 calories per day & satisfied. However this week I have developed red welts at the injection site. I've put ice on it but as yet will not subside & concerned about another injection. I can't see my doctor till next week so was wondering if anyone else had this experience & why?"

Anonymous from Oz (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Barely 4'11", age 50, started saxenda 9/10/16 at 134. Today I'm 114.4. I'm thrilled with a 19.6 loss in less than 2 months and cravings for sweets are gone. Dr. chose saxenda for me after months of no success with diet and exercise alone. Dose was .6 mg until last week. Now at 1.2 mg. A few days of nausea at start on .6 but none since. Only side effect is occasional constipation. My insurance doesn't cover saxenda and I think it's very expensive even with the savings card but it's been worth it to avoid another back surgery."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started saxenda on September 16 with 226 lbs now I weight 198 lbs I lost 28 lbs in six weeks!!! No side effects i just feel a bit hungry at times before bed. I did changed my diet,no wine,sweets or junk food,also I try to avoid carbs, instead I eat lots of fruits, vegetables and protein in small portions. I alternate the medication every other day 1.8 to 2.4 in the morning. So far Saxenda has been the best I ever tried. October 28 2016"

Alberta123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda since September 26, 2016, today is October 25, 2016 and I just started 3.mg I have lost 20 lbs. I, too, have experienced nausea and headaches after each time I changed the dosage. It takes about two days to calm down. So far so good and hopefully I continue this progress. I started out at 359.8 and as of today I am 339.6"

Faysway (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2016

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda in April 2016. I immediately noticed that I had no craving for food. I felt full quicker and ate less. Total weight loss 36 pounds. I was paying out of pocket and stopped after 5 months. While taking it I felt great, with relief from other physical issues I had. Within 2 weeks of stopping Saxenda my appetite was returning and the food cravings were back. I am aware of the fact that I have to manage my diet. This is a great drug, but unless it can be taken on a regular basis, it's temporary. Since stopping I am up 4 pounds."

SuW (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016