User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Weight Loss 258 reviews 44 medications

Diabetes, Type 2 395 reviews 142 medications

7.9
Obesity 453 reviews 62 medications

7.9
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 1106 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Been on it for 2 days and I can say I don't even know what it's like to be hungry, I started out on the low dose and I'm forcing myself to eat. I also drink a lot of water because it does make you thirsty, I haven't experienced any nausea because I make sure I don't over eat and my doctor did warn me not too because I would be sick! I eat in very small portions but I can tell so far this is working for me and I can see me getting some great results because I don't have any sugar or fast food cravings. My insurance covered at 100% so I'll make sure I come back and update after being on it for a month, started on 10/17/17, 371 pounds"

Kenny's girl (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I am on the 0.6 dose so far and been on this for a week. I have not lost anything and I eat 1200 calories or less every day, drink water and walk every night. I think this only works if you are extremely fat or cannot control your eating because nothing has changed for me at all. I am 41 years old 5'4 and 196 pounds and I tried the Belviq also with zero success. This medicine does not work"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity: "I’ve been taking Victoza since early August for type 2 diabetes. At a once daily dose of 1.2mg it has been moderately effective at lowering my blood sugar to 130 or less. It’s greatest success so far has been helping me to lose weight. I’m down 20 pounds so far without diet or exercise. My appetite has plummeted since I started Victoza. I simply cannot eat anywhere near what I used to. I often end up skipping meals simply because I’m not hungry. Side effects, including nausea for a few weeks when I first started taking Victoza and ongoing mild constipation, are easily manageable considering the benefits of taking this drug."

Mike1959 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Update number 4. I keep losing, pounds melt off at first but once body gets close to its' ideal weight it starts to slow down. Lost another 7 pounds in one month..In total, 34.5 lbs in 4 months. The first 2 weeks lost 11 lbs but now getting back to my ideal weight. I followed the dose schedule, hit 3.0 but went back to 2.4 and currently at 1.8 with my goal getting to .6 and then done. Paying $450 a month out of pocket. This stuff works and is awesome. I want to get to 220 pounds and now at 232. I figure by Xmas I should be there. Very pleased with results. Do not be discouraged. I also walk quite a bit and my eating habits have changed big time. Protein but in small portions. This drug has taught me how to eat also. Good luck to all!!!"

Hello all... (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on this medication for about 5 weeks. I am down 22 pounds. I take it at night as I feel nauseous on it at times. I am not hungry but feel sick when I need to eat so I force myself to have something small to feel better. I have bouts of nausea, heart burn and exhaustion. I think the benefits outweigh the cons so I keep taking it daily."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Been on for 3 weeks lost 3.5 kg. I have some nausea but still pretty hungry! Have to pay $400 per month I’ll keep going"

Klee 14 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda on October 3, 2017, I'm a 58 yr old female weighing 327 lbs. I inject in the evening before bedtime .. no nausea, but have had mild headaches which don't last long. I do find that I'm more tired in the evening (considering I'm a night owl). The Dr. has placed me on a 2100 cal diet, which I'm trying to follow however, like others I don't have much of an appetite so I nibble approx. every 2-3 hrs on items that are on my list to eat. I don't plan on weighing myself until my next Dr. appointment on November 14. Exercise is difficult with my osteo-arthritis, but I plan on doing some low impact and gradually increasing. Will provide an update after my Dr. appt."

Maggie116 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started saxenda on 09/19. I have just moved up to my 1.8 dose today. I have lost 9 pounds as of today (2 weeks later). I have had mild nausea when I take it but I take it before bed so it's not a big deal. I kept myself on my same high protein low carb diet. I am excited to see how it all works out. Good luck to all of you and I hope it all works out for you!"

Anoser (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started this medication on 8/28/17. @ 354.8lb Today is 10/2/17. I weigh 360.6lb. I am working out 6 days a week. I am literally eating chicken, broccoli, and Protein shakes, and I am up to 12 miles a day in cardio. I guess everyone is different, but I guess I am going to have to just do this the old fashioned way. This medication unfortunately did not help like I hoped. Going back to what I know. I will discontinue the med and see what happens. Good Luck everyone, I hope you see results, this medication is too expensive not to work. #SlightlyDisappointed #IWillContinueMyJourney"

OperationFatLeak (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started saxenda in August 2016. I have been a yoyo dieter all my life. When I started I weighed 273lbs. I now weigh 216 lbs. I have always been an active person. I go to the gym 2-3 times per week for 45 minutes. I also take a 20 minute walk during my lunch time. The weekends are my most difficult time so I make it a point to at least get my 10,000 steps in each day and do some type of activity . I have never denied myself any food although I make sure to eat as healthily as I can. From time to time I still have DQ blizzards, French fries and anything else I love but in much smaller portion sizes. This is the first time In my life that I continue to stay motivated and continue to reach for my goal weight. Better late than never."

57 years young (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started off 6-7 months ago with low dose then up to 1.2 daily. Experienced mild side effects, not everyday but pushed through. Sugars in the 200`s to 170. No weight loss. Recently sugars jumped up a bit. So I increased victozia to about 1.4. Sugars climbed and the "serious" side effects occurred. The confusion and fevers I cannot have in my daily life. Stopping today, will see doc in a few days and blood work due. Not expecting blood to have significant positive changes. Injection hurts, bruising all the time. Take metformin and alogloptin too."

Anonymous September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda on the 6th of September at 0.6mg and each week up by 0.6, in 3 weeks I have lost 4lbs which is disappointing (I know we all want a wonder cure!) My appetite has definitely reduced, eating far less but then on other days really hungry. Side effects of dizziness seem to be my enemy along with peeing much less so definitely upping my water intake. Occasional bruising from the jabs but other than that not a lot :) Not sure yet if I will get another pack - any tips for really losing the beef whilst on this? x"

Savvers (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Saxenda did not work for me. I actually gained weight and was never not hungry. I am an overweight type 1 1/2 diabetic. Hoping for a miracle, I starting using Saxenda. Right from the beginning, it did nothing to curb my hunger. So after a $500 co-pay, $200 doctor visit and issues with my deductible, a 90-day supply cost me $ 1,900. Seems like a serious cash cow for all involved especially people who never experienced obesity."

Carlos Dangerfield September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Victoza for almost a week. No side effects. My food cravings were gone on the second day. I was amazed. Even more so now is that my apatite has decreased and starch and sugar cravings are gone. Once in a while I'll get the sweet tooth but I've always had carb issues. Those are gone. I'm so amazed. Hopefully the weight will disappear soon. I'll keep monthly updates. My insurance does not cover. I hope I can find a way to pay this when my Dr. can no longer give me samples."

Eileen Q September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "So I've been on this for about 6 weeks or more and I haven't lose a pound! I don't have any side effects nor an appetite so I guess that's a good thing... I'll keep at it for a little longer to see if it'll work for me! At this point I'm a little discouraged"

Anonymous September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Update. Start using 8/14/17 at 213lbs. I am currently at 3.0 dosage and I switched to taking the shot in the morning. I experienced mild nausea, I would eat a couple crackers and that helped the nausea. I started drinking Slim Fast shakes for breakfast and still at the 1300 caloric intake. Today September 25, I weighed in at 197lbs. So I have lost 16 lbs."

Kimrenlew September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Australia I have been on this drug for a little under 2 weeks, I have already lost 4.5kg which is very impressive. Had little to no side affects what so ever, 5 pens cost me $400 AUD and my insurance gave me a $50 rebate. So far so good. FEMALE: 20 years old HEIGHT: 178cm START WEIGHT: 84kg, CURRENT WEIGHT: 79.5kg GOAL WEIGHT: 70KG"

lg1011 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am on my third day of saxenda, the first day felt tired and very nauseous. Second and third day have no appetite whatsoever. I had a box of pizza in front of me and couldn't even finish one slice when before I would be eating no less than 4 slices. I have been eating in really small portions and can't possibly eat more then a few bites. All my cravings are gone. And find myself eating really slow trying to get food down. I started at 0.6 and third day went up to 1.2 until I get to 6.0."

Liz8809 September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started 4 days ago. My intital readings were over 400. It's taken them down to between 220-280. Most days I'm nauseous and no energy. Today I violently threw up after a meal and have felt much better since. I had two choices, this or Lantis. I chose this to help lose weight. It better work. My blood pressure has increased a bit, so I'm concerned it might not be worth the trade off. I'll give it a few weeks and see if things improve."

Capt1073 September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started on this 9/20/17 weighing 219lb.. I had gained 45 pounds after having gastric sleeve 4 years ago. My doctor recommended it and I'm hoping it's the kick start I need. The needles are very short and I got over my fear of them very quick. I got back to my doctor next month and I will update any weight loss"

Melwill75 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Victoza has been great for me. My numbers are 88 to 125 consistently. The first couple weeks were a little rough with the side effects but my body has adjusted the last 2 weeks. I am eating normal meals, snacking a little more and sleeping better. My A1c was 8.3 in June, gets checked again in November. Based on my blood sugar testing, I expect my A1c to be below 7. Thank you Victoza!!!"

Amas Buddy September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda about a week ago. I am reading all these reviews on how everyone started at a small dosage. My doctor started me at 3mg I haven't weighed myself yet its a week. Not sure if I am vomiting from the medicine or if I am truly having a stomach virus but 3 days straight I have absolutely no appetite and vomiting. I am hoping its not the meds."

CANTWAIT1 September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've been taking Victoza for almost a month now. I thankfully have no side effects and have lost 8 pounds so far. I have PCOS and for the last 6 years I couldn't loose any weight. I really tried everything: no sugar , gluten free, low carb ! It feels amazing to finally see the weight come off. I have not been exercising but Victoza is helping with my cravings , I am almost never hungry and I don't think about food at all. It s amazing to feel normal again."

EllaMKC (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Lymphoma is the gift Victoza gave me"

tmunro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Just started on Saxenda this week, took my first 0.6mg dose after dinner at 7pm on 20/9/2017 with my weight at 112.5kg. I took it at night just in case there were any side effects (e.g. nausea), better to have them at home than on the bus on the way to work! The next morning I wasn't really hungry for breakfast so just had a slice of wholemeal toast and a cup of tea. There was a definite feeling of fullness after the toast, I couldn't have eaten another slice without feeling I'd over eaten. I felt no hunger at all during the day so had a tiny lunch and dinner for the sake of nutrients. I weighed myself this morning (36 hours after first dose) and the scales said 110kg - I'm sure this is all water weight, but it's a good start."

HRM74 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017