User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 347 reviews 139 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 110 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 308 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 765 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "An update: I've been on Saxenda now for 3 1/2 weeks and have lost about 6 pounds. I've had some negative side effects that were totally manageable, up to now. Since increasing my dose to 1.8, I've felt unusually tired and some gas (burps with sulfur taste), very thirsty during the night and a little dizzy in the mornings. Usually by the afternoon I start to feel better. I've decided to decrease my dose back to 1.2 mg. I want to feel normal and be able to continue my busy day without interruption. I will take note of how hungry I am during the day and see if the effects of a lower appetite continue. Each week I consult with the Saxenda dietitian. She takes note of the side effects and reports to my doctor."

Terry Lu February 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I struggled w/ weight sense my 20's i got upto a whopping 220, my small 5'4 frame did not hold it well. I finally found a Dr who properly diagnosed me. My medication regime :metformin, spirlactone, Invokanna& May 2015 she added Victoza. It took me 3 weeks to get to 1.8mg injections & in about 6 weeks my clothes were hanging off me. I went from a 10/12 to a 6! I felt better & of course looked great @156. The last 6 months I have been eating way 2 much to the point of sick to my stomach, I never ate like this b4. My issue was my body wasn't breaking down sugars & my insulin was all messed up. So now I'm 170 & depressed I see my endo Dr 3/8 & hopefully she will start me on Contrave or something to loss these 15 pounds. Still need the victoza"

His Mommy February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm starting Victoza tomorrow.. I will start at 1.5mg. I need to loose a lot of baby fat... I will not tell you what I weight as it's embarrassing. My goal weight is 80kg by 26 May, my 35th birthday. Wish me luck."

Pinkpound February 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I wrote a review previously after a few days of taking Saxenda. I am now on my 4th week (2.4mg) and so far I have lost 18lbs! I am so happy. This is based on minimal exercise and just eating healthily. As many people have said, it does curb your appetite. I could normally eat a full plate but now by body let's me know when I am "full" and I can literally not eat more than half a plate. Any more than that and I will start to feel sick. I also stay away from fatty foods; again trying to eat this will also make me feel sick afterwards, so I have been on grilled salmon and vegetables most nights for dinner. I get incredibly thirsty so I have a litre water bottle with me everywhere I go. This also helps me feel less hungry."

Winnie GO (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm post menopausal, so losing weight is almost impossible. On Victoza I'm down 45 lbs. without any dieting or exercise. I was so sick from side effects for the first month or so, which was when I lost the most weight. At first it turned me off food completely so that I just couldn't eat. In time, the headaches and nausea subsided, and I could eat normally, except the feeling of fullness made me eat less. Slowly I've lost weight. I tried to stop taking it to rev up the weight loss again, but I put weight back on, so I'm not stopping until I feel like I've got my weight completely under control. It's a crutch for me, but it slowly works without dieting or exercise. If I can lose another 30 lbs, exercise should be easier, which will help."

LouLouS February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started to take Victoza 0.6 mg for weight loss, three weeks ago. After jumping through several hoops with insurance to cover the med, I was hopeful and excited to start this med and get results. First day was awful; headache, fatigue as I have never experienced in my life (shoulders/back/neck), nausea (like at sea), dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, GI issues I've never experienced before, dry mouth/dehydration, nightmares (when able to sleep) night sweats and insomnia. I tried to stick it out (2 HORRIBLE wks) in the hopes the side effects would subside; they got worse. I ended up passing out; hot/cold clammy sweats as if hypoglycemic, yet was not (140). I was taken by ambulance to the ED where I was given 2L fluids... BEWARE!"

Absolute WORST side effects! February 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have tried in my life every diet plan out there. I have lost and gained over and over. My Family Physician prescribed Saxenda for me. My insurance company is paying it. My first week on it , I have lost 7 pounds. This makes me very hopeful. But you can't do it by using the drug alone. You have to reduce your caloric intake. I follow a program set up by a dietitian . I drink about 3 L of water a day. This will be a long road road for me, yet very positive!! My cravings has stopped altogether and no more late night snacking. I started to give my injections in the morning, but feeling so tired throughout the day. Now I'm feeling much better giving them at night. I do feel a little bloated and have had to use a gentle laxative for constipation."

Babynurse60 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Holy crap, I just figured out why everyone is losing so much weight taking Invokana! You see, if we're all so sick with severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, we're too damn weak from dehydration to even consider shoveling those pork chops in...yeah? Am I right? I lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks, I'll take it AND the near-death side effects... *Yeah, I know, taking massive doses of laxatives is probably cheaper, but there's no settlement on the horizon with those, so I say we all just suck it up! U know eventually the FDA will figure out the drug company lied like 'usual' and covered up the deadly side effects. Eventually, we'll all be thin & wealthy. Woohoo! I'm in!"

ThrowsTools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "A very disappointing experience.The cost of the monthly supply was not the only negative factor. The nausea, the not feeling myself and the unusual liver test were all deterrents to continuing on the program. After 2 months I could not go on yes I lost some weight but not enough to continue with the horrible side effects of the drug and all the weight came back on. We are human and always looking for the quick fix, however this product is dangerous and the Pharmaceutical company that released it should refund all people that it did not work on."

Art6mis February 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Grandma and grandpa both got very sick while talking this. DO NOT recommend!!!!!!"

HelpingHand8488 February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After years of struggling with my weight after developing hypothyroidism my family physician sent me to an endocronologist. After keeping a food diary for a month and tracking my exercise levels my endo studied both the food diary and exercise patterns and completely understood my frustration on why my weight wouldn't budge no matter what I did. He thought why not lets try Victoza and see what happen. At my first 3 month follow up I had dropped 29 pounds, and although the weight is coming off tougher now I will be going in for my 9 month follow up soon and altogether have lost a total of 40 pounds. I highly recommend giving this medication a try if you have struggled with your weight at all."

MJ Elieff February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been using 1.2 mg for 15 days. I lost 8 pounds. However, I am on a diet (no carbs) as well. I would like to know by other people experiences if it works well without rigorous diet. It has been hard to not have any carbs."

LizSan86 February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Obesity: "I started using saxenda mid May 2016 and I have lost 86 lbs so far pretty regular 2 pounds a week I followed the directions and let my tummy tell me what to eat in those first few weeks when you have no appetite. All has gone well scale never went up always down I started at 274 pds and goal is 154 so I have 34 to go I'll be done by summer and am very pleased. keep with it"

pinkyreef February 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have only gone to the 1.8 dose and it's been 3 weeks. I've lost 9.5 lbs and feel terrific. I've been running 2 miles every day, too, however and I have not been hungry AT ALL. I have to remember to eat. unfortunately it isn't covered on my insurance so not sure what is going to happen when I run out of this 2nd sample I've received. I never want to be without it!"

near diabetic (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Obesity: "I started Saxenda 4 days ago. On the first day, I developed significant nausea and thought that there was no way that I could continue with it, especially given that I am currently only starting with the lowest dose. Then, I thought about trying Gravol but did not like the idea of having to take another drug several times a day along with the Saxenda. So I went to Walmart and purchased some Ginger capsules (sold beside the regular gravol). What a huge difference taking Ginger everyday has made! I take one Ginger capsule with every meal and then again at bedtime. The ginger has completely taken away my nausea! Now I am confident that I will be able to continue with the Saxenda. So far, my appetite is way down!!"

Fourties gal (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have started to take this drug on January 18, 2017. Today is February 11 and I have lost 10 pounds. I am 5'5, 235lbs Down to 225lbs. I am at 1.8 dosage and have nausea, diarrhea, no appetite, cramping,fatigue, and newly developed belches that taste like rotten eggs! I might need to back down to 1.2. I have been moving slow with the dose increases as well. Losing weight though but these side effects......we will see!"

panama410 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started on saxenda 2-6-17. Started with injections about noon. First day was fine. Second and third day i was nauseated bad all day. Could not eat but made myself eat crackers. Today I am over the nausea but did have some diarrhea. But now feeling fine. I work at a medical office. The nurses told me to hang in and it would get better. They were right. They also said to stay on .6 until I felt better not to up the dose. It just takes time for your body to adjust to it. Did also drink 7 up to help,"

Shelly563 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Obesity: "I've been on Saxenda for 7 months and lost 41 pounds with no side effects. This drug has worked very well for me. I have tried everything in the past but nothing had worked. I have always eaten relatively healthy and exercised moderately but still gained weight. I had gotten up to 205 lbs. I'm now at 164 and feel amazing. I don't snack. Only want to eat healthy and have increased my exercise! This drug levels my blood sugar spikes and tells my brain I'm full! Hallelujah! Thank you Saxenda! I have 25 more pounds to go to be 'normal' weight per BMI! So happy!"

Anonymous February 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started on Saxenda mid December 2016. So far I have lost more than 20 lbs. My back pain disappeared, my knee and joint pain disappeared. I am extremely excited with the success so far. If my insurance would not have covered I would have considered paying for it myself. It was time to take care of me. The side effects so far have been nausea but nothing that was to intolerable in comparison to the positive outcome. I often have to remind myself to eat. I am up to 2.4 which I decided myself as I felt I was starting to feel hungry again. I am down to under 1200 calories per day which is a significant change for me. I have trained myself to sit down and have breakfast at home which is also a positive change. I am excited for the future."

⭐️ Star February 10, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I absolutely do NOT recommend this medication! I tried it to help with some weight loss along with lowering my blood sugar. I only got through 2 doses. I immediately suffered from nausea and headaches the first day. The second night on victoza, I awoke with severe stomach pain and began throwing up. Throughout the next day I felt miserable. Headaches, achy, low energy, and puking everything I tried to put in my body. I ended up in the ER that night dehydrated. Due to the severe stress on my body, I ended up with ketoacidosis. I spent 3 days in the hospital. It was the worst experience I have ever suffered due to a medication. Please do your research before taking this medication."

Mommy of a Princess (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started with this drug on Tuesday, not too bad when taken at bedtime, however, I wanted my injection time to be first thing in the morning as this is much easier for me time-wise. Today was the second injection- oh my heavens can we say morning sickness?! That is exactly what it feels like, I have virtually no appetite, I tried to eat a little something ( I had been on Dr's orders to fast for blood-work) so let me tell you how that went- it didn't, I could not get past the taste of food in my mouth, I was physically ill. I stopped at SBUX and bought a hot tea- oh heaven! I was able to soothe my stomach and feel a little bit better, I have to muster through work regardless of how I feel. I am hoping for results- not a miracle. Here we go!"

ILoveStarbucks February 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on saxenda since June 25 2016. I lost 15 lbs in the first month and have only lost 10 lbs since then. I am happy with the 25lb weight loss but I still need to loose 75lbs. I am finishing up what I have and my new insurance won't cover the cost. I am back to considering bariatric surgery. I have PCOS so I'm not sure if that has something to do with the drug not working anymore. Good luck to everyone."

Hopeles RN February 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on Saxenda since January 10th. I went to my follow up Dr. Visit and down 11 pounds no exercise. Along with a 1500 calorie diet she did encourage me to start exercising. I have noticed if I even attempt to eat the wrong foods I get sick. This medicine REALLY WORKS!!!!!!"

P Hightower February 8, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have just started on this medication. So far I've been on the full dose for it for 4 days and I've lost about 7 lbs already. I'm a 36 yr old female, and I weighed in at 185lbs. The heaviest I have ever been. Dieting and exercise weren't working. And considering that my labs weren't to good, I needed to do something. I talked it over with my doctor and this is what we decided was best. On the third day of the full dose, OMG!! I had the worst nausea ever!! Ginger Ale seemed to work, but I couldn't eat all day. I came home and spoke with my BF, whose also in the medical field. He suggested I eat something with starch. So I tried a couple of crackers/saltines before I injected this morning. What a difference!!! No Nausea!!!"

Sammy J February 7, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I'm on 0.6mg dosage and have been on it for a few days. Lost 4lbs. Happy with that. Hoping to loose more. I am watching what I eat and exercising."

Mo025 February 7, 2017