User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Liraglutide.

Weight Loss

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Obesity
7.9

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 7.9 1,237 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I was concerned at first to start taking this medication but I am now amazed. I started a week ago on the 0.6 dose and couldn't believe how much it suppressed my appetite. I have lost 9lbs so far. Only yesterday was able to eat a little more before I was full. So now on the next dose of 1.2 so hoping it's just as successful. No nausea or headaches. I'm loving this so far."

JaxJon (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My 1 year adventure. Feb 2017 started. 330 pounds. 50 years old. On metformin 2000mg dose. Just started Jardiance. At 1.2 felt tired and digestive issues. Made it to 1.8. First 3 month check was down 25 pounds, blood sugars in good range still with tired and digestive side effects. Second 3 month no change and decided to up it to 3.0 to see if weigh might come off and reduce metformin . Third 3 month check no change other than digestive issues worse decided to go back to 1.8 and started intermittent fasting. The one year check up, and no change. No change to weigh or blood sugar levels or anything else. Putting away the needle and off of this I go. I just wonder what the withdrawal effects are?? The digestive issues ranged from normal once a day bowel movement to 3 times a day to once every 3 days with constipation and diarrhea on the same day. Good luck everyone on your journey."

traffic dad (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Three weeks into victoza and drug is working very well for me. Started at .06 and had to take nap during the day but adjusted after a few days. No desire for food and eat very little but knew I had to eat to stay healthy. Take in the morning and readings 89-100. Second week went to 1.2 but that was too strong for me so went three clicks past .06 for several days and slowly got up to 1.2 by the end of the second week. My levels are so good I have stayed on 1.2 and may never go to 1.8. The day I started victoza the drug rep was in my doctors office and she told me a lot of people never get to 1.8. I have lost weight and generally feel good. Still a nap in afternoon could be drug or could be my age 74 3/4."

Marsie February 14, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "This has been nothing short of a miracle for me. I have tried everything to lose weight and because of other medications I have to take for chronic pain it just didn't seem to work. I have done all of the different diet plans, got a gym membership...nothing worked...until SAXENDA! I began on January 8th and have lost 20 lbs in 1 month...now I will tell you that I am not just doing the shot and eating whatever I want. I am not hungry AT ALL. I literally have to make myself eat. But when I do, I keep track of everything so I count those calories and do not go over 1,000 calories per day (I can barely get to that though because with this medicine I am NEVER hungry!!) I am so happy with this...everyone asks me..how much weight have you lost??! I LOVE IT!!!!"

Tab1008 February 13, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on it for 3 weeks. No side effects. BG is fantastic. Loosing weight as well."

TheMerovingian (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "3 weeks since I started using Saxenda. I was at 1.8 dose and today I increased it to 2.4. It was a very disappointing week. Not only I didn't loose any weight but also I have not had any reduction on my appetite yet. I got mild occasional nausea and some headaches here and there. No other side effects. I was hoping to keep losing the 2 pounds I lost the first two weeks but it didn't happen this week. I truly hope this is going to work for me but I am getting worried it won't. I will keep updating."

Pilatuna (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've had a difficult time getting past the extreme constant nauseous feeling, vomiting and extreme fatigue. That's at the starting dose. Any advice ?"

TeeTee1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Been on Saxenda since Sept 18, 2017. So far to date I have lost 35 pounds. I have not experienced any side affects from the drug aside from feeling a little light headed for the first few days. I am rarely ever hungry. (I am trying to eat lots of protein). I have not done any exercising yet due to a knee problem. The drug will not make you lose weight. I believe that you will lose weight if you change your eating habits and eat healthier options and less food. The drug keeps you from getting hungry when you do eat less which makes it easier to maintain the changes you are making."

RayRay99 February 13, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Checking in with update: 5 weeks in and I’m down 24 pounds. Dosing at 1.8mg the max administered by the pen. Using bd ultrafine 4mm needles and they are very comfortable. Effective drug for me. Nausea over, appetite largely curbed and really striving for spending calories with more nutrition in mind. Riding stationary bike for about 10 minutes a Day too. Have noted I have more energy as well. Hope the trend continues."

Mark-air (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Update- I have been on Saxenda since August 2017, and have lost 58lbs. I am now 144lbs, and want to loose 14 more to be at a "normal" BMI. I think my appetite is not as suppressed as it was when I started, but now I am addicted to losing weight. I get on the scale everyday- it helps keep me grounded. I am so happy when I lose something and upset when I gain. It makes me conscious everyday. Good luck!!"

SaragJ90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "So just finished 2nd week and upping dose to 1.8. My appetite is greatly reduced but didn't lose any weight this week. I'm going to keep going and will see how this week goes. So far have nausea the day after and it increases and mild headache but then goes away... hopefully scale will start moving again."

Averagejoesaginaw (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I took saxenda for about a year and four months and had great results. I lost about 50 pounds. My doctor wanted me to wean myself off the drug because of the possible dangerous effects. The test is after you get off the drug! The appetite comes back, cravings come back and food starts to look as good as sex again! You have to learn portion control, what foods to avoid and stay away from alcohol. Alcohol and weight loss do not go hand in hand. You also need to keep moving and join a gym."

hov422 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Saxenda since November for 16 weeks. I lost 5 pounds in November and 3 pounds in December. I have lost no weight since. When I first started I had a very upset stomach and was very fatigued. I did not feel like eating at all. I am up to level 3 now and I am eating very little. I have less upset stomach but my appetite is not as supressed as it was at lower doses and when I first started the drug. I am very disappointed I am not losing weight having regard to the very little I am eating. Also, if I don’t lose another 3 pounds by March, my drug plan won’t cover the medication. I am not sure what I am doing wrong."

Pdme February 10, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Hi! I am a 24 year old female , I weigh 265-270lb. Today I went to the doctors and went for my birth control shot. (Depovera). I am also on anti-depressants (cipralex). I have been struggling with my weight since I was a young girl , and have been stuck on losing it with the medication that I am on as well and have gained some more. The doctor put me on saxenda today and I met with another one of my doctors patients that was in the same situation as me. She said when she started in October 2017 she was 250lbs and now she is 190lb (feb 9th) so that 60lbs on the course of 4 months. I don’t know if she exercise or did extreme dieting but I thought the results were full proof. She looked really happy and I’m hoping that I get the same results as she did. Will update in a month , thanks!"

Diiceexo (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "The first week on the 0.6 it was fine, I noticed I was eating smaller portions and not really hungry. The second week that I doubled up to the 1.2 was the worst. I was so sick I was vomiting and had diarrhea for days! I lost 12 pounds in the second week on the higher dose because I couldn’t keep anything in my body! I was so sick I had to go back to the 0.6. I’m thinking this weekend I’m going to try alternating between the 0.6 and the 1.2. I don’t know how anybody can go higher than the 1.2. I was violently ill. I also paid $500 for the first month of it so I will use it till it’s gone and then probably won’t use it again. If the only way it works is at the higher dose and it makes me that sick, I’d rather be over weight!"

Anonymous February 9, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hey all, today is my first day, I'm a 51 year old female height 5'7 weight 282 lbs. I want to get down to 180 lbs., Hopefully it will work for me, I'm so excited."

Scorpiobite February 9, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "On for 6 months and have lost 45 pounds"

Monica P (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am a 34 yr old female, 290 pounds to start and have PCOS and am insulin resistant as a result. I was put on saxenda and have lost 35 pounds in 3 months. I feel better. Under 20 grams of carbs most days maximum at 50 grams. I go to the gym once a week for cardio and supplement meals with milk. I usually eat about 800 calories a day and fast for 2 days every second week on average. I sometimes get red itchy swelling at injection sites but take allergy pill for a week and it usually goes away. I don’t have any side effects anymore. I bounce between 2.4-3.0mg a day dosage. When I am not very hungry I lower my dose to save the cost of the medication as it is not covered in B.C. Canada. Anyways I am down to 255lb, which is a good start :)"

Saxenda_user (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started the drug enthusiastically! Found the indigestion and lethargy difficult to deal with. Did the 0.6 dosage for the two weeks and then upped to 1.2 and found the same symptoms to be more intense, so stopped drug. Been reading the blog and think I will give it a try again but I will just stay at the lower dose for longer and up the dose gradually. I really had not been on it long enough to know how therapeutic it is for my blood sugar. Will let you know how it goes...."

Tangelino (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I’ve lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks. Slight nausea in the beginning but nothing now. I’m on 3.0 and my appetite has returned but I’m not eating so much. I’ve just ordered more so will see how it goes now that I’m on the maximum strength."

Curlyc (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My Dr gave me a sample, I did not weigh myself when I started but I did at the Drs office. The reason I did not start because she gave it to me right before Thanksgiving and wanted to enjoy eating during the holidays. I called it My last supper....However I did start o January the 8th and I thought I was putting the medicine in the fridge and when I begin I realized that I had put the needles in instead and left the medicine out for a month and a half. So I really don't know if it was any good after doing more research. However my insurance is covering it all minus $25.00 so I will start again tomorrow."

Woman on a mission (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started on this medication 2 wks ago and I’m currently waiting a couple of extra days to go up to 1.8. I lost 5lbs the first week and only 1lb the second week but I have no appetite what’s so ever so I don’t think I’m eating enough. Is anyone experiencing this?? I must admit once I increased my dose to 1.2 I felt nauseous for at least 3 days so I’m reluctant to increase to 1.6."

Jobo04 February 5, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was prescribed Victroza after Onglyza failed to work. Dr said start at 0.6 for two weeks. Decided to use half that a few days to test for allergic reaction. Thank God I started lower than prescribed. I feel sort of dizzy and off balance, nauseous, headache. 0.6 is the starting dose. That is 10 clicks on pen dial. 5 clicks (0.3) knocked me off my feet. I went down to 2 clicks. (0.15) to start. Did OK. Then a week later up to 4 clicks (0.25). Doing O K. Slight headache. It takes about a week to get use to each level. I think lowering blood sugar may be as responsible for feeling bad as medicine. When I started the first time blood glucose went from 200 to 80 in the morning. Too fast to lower it. I recommend you take shot in evening after work so you can be sick all evening and feel ok by morning. Needles ( prescribed separately not in box) very fine. Injecting medicine actually hurts less than testing blood sugar."

Nosugartonite February 4, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Have been on saxenda for 5 days. I'm sure it's mostly water weight but started at 270lb and was 256lb this morning. I just upped from 0.6 to 1.2 dose today to avoid any side effects at work ( day after first dose had mild headache.. felt like having a hang over) very happy with results so far. It is definitely helping with my appetite, I take it in the evening and have had no real side effects yet. I will update again next weekend."

Averagejoesaginaw (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It controls my diabetes, although I've only lost 5 pounds I've been on it for almost 3 years. I'm at 0.6mg every am. So it really not successful for weight loss. But it is better than taking pills to control my diabetes, my body is stable. I like that."

Passion55 February 3, 2018