User Reviews for Liraglutide

Also known as: Saxenda, Victoza

Learn more about Liraglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 358 reviews 140 medications

8.1
Weight Loss 140 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Obesity 345 reviews 62 medications

7.9
Summary of Liraglutide reviews 843 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "*3rd update* I started Saxenda 2-19-2017 starting weight was 208 , I am now 186!!! In 65 days I have lost 22 lbs!!! I am so happy, I am at dose 2.4 still.. hoping doc advises to go to 3mg soon , I go see her for 1st time this week! I am rarely experiencing side effects, worse one is constipation. I will update in 2 weeks , goal weight is 160. It is worth it!♡"

Jmoyer79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been using victoza steadily since October 2016. I've had no side effects and along with diet my A1C has dropped from 10 to 6.9. I've lost almost 30 pounds as well. My only complaint is that there is waaayyyyyyyy too much left in the pen when it's reached it's last dose. I'm on 1.8mg. This is an expensive Med even with my discount card and my insurance. There needs to be away to get almost all of the med out. Too much is going to waste. I take lantus as well and because of the unit measurement of the drug I'm able to use an insulin syringe to get all of my medications ( that's expensive as well). I hope this issue can be solved eventually. It hurts my heart and pocket to see that medication wasted. Thanks."

Almost satisfied (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started with my Saxenda 0.6 injection for the first two (2) weeks and had no side affects at all. Prior to deciding to taking Saxenda, I had did quite amount of research to find out about Physicians in the St, Louis area. the success and side effects. The blogs all talked about the nausea and constipation that was horrible. This was a big delay for me making a decision to try the drug. My obesity is a health factor and can potentially become life threatening so I weighed the pros and cons and decided that i would try anyway to see if I could weather the side affects. After the first two (2) weeks of injections and NO SIDE AFFECTS, I return to the doctor for a follow-up appointment to find that I had lost 14.5 pounds. Try it for yourself"

diva a (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have lost a total of 62 lbs & still counting I have been using saxenda for 8 months I work out daily to keep my body toned with muscle The side effects in the beginning were horrible which included vomiting nausea constipation & no energy After I reached the highest dose it all went away I feel great & I'm enjoying my results Hang in there it gets better!"

NicoletteB April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Viktoza for a month now, I've not had any nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea ... but also I haven't lost any weight and my blood sugar is the same at 13-15mmol/L before breakfast every morning. My energy levels have dropped and I feel more tired than I did without Viktoza. I'm a lot less hungry so I'm eating less than before but still no weight loss and no drop in blood sugar. Have also had periods of blurred vision and odd sensations in various parts of my body. I'm baffled because it seems to be doing lots for other people almost immediately yet it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all for me even after a month on 1.2 dosage. Any ideas?"

Grace Kirk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Sooooooo sick that's my main issue with this medicine I throw up daily, and I'm constipated. I've lost 12 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Started at 286 now 274 in 1.5 weeks. No diet or exercise happening. I sleep nonstop, have no energy, I'm always thirsty and dehydrated. Plus side I'm never hungry, and I lost weight quickly. I don't know if I'll be able to continue if the side effects are unyielding."

Ali G (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Weight Loss: "Experienced no side effects from the drug and did not feel it was effective for appetite control or weight loss."

bama0918 April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Victoza exactly 4 weeks ago. I have felt nauseous from time to time but generally feel worse if I eat more than I needed. I can easily feel very full eating 700-800 calories a day. I haven't had any other side effects except that I have way more energy than before which is wonderful for someone who has fibromyalgia and is always tired!! The inches are melting away and I'm so happy to have lost 11.5lbs, it's amazing! After unexplained weight gain of 77lbs over the course of a year this is just what I needed. 1 month in and 1/6 of the weight I need to lose has already gone - if you haven't already, give it a go."

K-Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I'm a 27 year old female and I've benn taking Saxenda for two months now. At the beginning the weight loss was rapid, but there were severe side effects. Mainly nausea and constipation, but also dry mouth and tiredness. Now it's all gone though. You should know- it's not a wonder drug. True- I've lost 24 lbs (11kg) in 2 months, but I really pay attention to what I eat and go to the gym 3 times a week. You still need to do the work. What Saxenda does: now your work will finally have results. Which makes it much easier to keep going. By the way I'm only using the 1.8 because my doctor told me to try to avoid using 3 dosage until I really need it. When you reach the "plateau phase" and stop losing weight that's the time to increase the dosage"

Maya. Student (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on Saxenda for three months and the following are items I've learned and you may find helpful. -the very first thing you should do is register with SaxendaCare. The company has a dietitian and nurse to help you through your weight loss journey -track your eating with an app such as Myfitnesspal (note NUTRITION) -be mindful when you are feeling the side effects to decide when best to take the medication (did you know it has a full effect after 12 hours) -eat smaller meals more often, drink lots of water and limit high fat foods and sugar laced food -let your stomach finish digesting your food before going to bed because another side effect is acid reflux -meet with your doctor on a regular basis and have blood work to monitor"

Terry Lu (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Hi everyone I am female, 45 years old, 5'.5' tall and weight 190 lbs.. I have been fluctuating between 190 and 200 lbs. I started menopause 3 years ago. Since 2011 I have gradually started gaining weight. Little back story I moved to another state in 2011 (weighing 145 lbs.)and with life style changes I haven't been as active as before. I have gained a total of ~50 lbs. Nothing seems to work. I work out three times a week (on average) I don't simple carbs (if I don't it be once a month maybe). I my Dr. Has put on Phtermine 37.5 mg on April 8th 2017 and on Saturday April 15th added Saxenda. I am using the kit dr gave me. I have not lost any weight. The only side effect so far is dry mouth and being thirsty all the time."

Happy1011 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda for a week, and no side effects at all. Feeling great and do not feel hungry at all. Will update in 3 weeks"

Kiana1023 April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I've been on Saxenda for a little over a month. I'm at the full dose and absolutely ZERO side effects. I lost 12 pounds in a month and super happy! I will say I have modified my diet a bit and get some sort of workout in 5-6 days a week."

KellyCLE April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Hi I wanted to give another update. My last update was on March 22nd. Today made 5 weeks and 3 days on victoza and I am down 26lbs. I'm still eating healthy, hardly any appetite and haven't started any kind of exercise program yet. I have had no side effects other then light heartburn that i take an over the counter medication for. I have to say I am pleased so far with my results and look forward to the future."

NanaD2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Began taking Saxenda on 4/5/17. I am 67 y.o. 5'10" and started at 340 lbs. As of April 12th I moved my dose to 1.2 and weighed in at 325 lbs. So far only side effect has been some mild nausea for which I am taking compazine. So far so good; I will post weekly for the first month or two and then go to monthly."

Vinny34 April 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My Dr recommended Saxenda in place of duramine, that I occasionally take maybe 2 weeks a year. Have been on Saxenda for 14 days upped my dose yesterday from 0.6 to 1.2 horrible experience my head was ringing so bad I couldn't sleep I felt sick and had bad reflux. So I checked more in depth the side effects and came to the conclusion this drug is very dangerous so I have decided not to take it any longer."

Vivienne Luxton April 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My problem was at 09:00 pm every night I would get an incredible uncontrollable cravings for snacks. On weekends, my brain would convince me that I had to reward my weeks work with a 12 case of beer. This medication has effectively eliminated cravings for munchies and beer with no problem. I had high blood pressure 160/100 at the beginning of March 2017. Over 6 weeks, I’ve lost 8 Kg (17.6 lbs). My goal is to lose another 30 Kg (66 lbs). My blood pressure has dropped to 127/80. The only side effect for me was tiredness. I started out at .6 for the first week and on the second week tried 1.2, but felt really tired. I went back to .6 plus adding one additional tick of the pen each day. I’m now on 2.4 and experience only mild tiredness."

DannyU April 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda on March 24, 2017 after years of failed diet attempts. I was hopefuly when my doctor prescribed this medication. Initially, I felt fatigued and queasy but it was managable. After increasing to 1.2 mg I broke out in a itchy rash on my stomach (injection sites), and have uncontrollable diarrhea. If the diarrhea doesn't improve I'm not sure how I will continue to take the medication. On the plus side, I have lost about 6 lbs in almost 3 weeks. Has anyone else experienced the diarrhea and if so, does it improve? I might decrease the dosage to 0.6 as I seemed to be fine on that amount."

Misshappy April 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am 5'7'' 263 lbs, female. My doctor put me on this to help with my weight loss. I am on weight watchers as well and started going to the gym. I started April 3rd with 0.6 for week one and I just increased to 1.2 for week 2. Week one my symptoms were nausea, stomach pain and abdominal pain just below my belly button. Extreme constipation and bloating. I had to go the pharmacy and got stool softener, which helped after 2 days of taking stool softeners. I also felt extremely tired. Week 2 yesterday was my first injection of 1.2 and the next day (today) I had sharp pain in my stomach until I had something to eat and drink lots of water. I feel like I need to drink a lot of water to feel good. I will update soon."

Bboo April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "(2/2) from 0.6 to 1.2 I know my digestive system has slowed way down My doctor prescribed Metonia and Domperidone to counteract these side effects which seems to be working for me I also notice my appetite has continued to be low and I get full very quickly my blood sugar stabilized with 3-4 day after starting the Victoza and despite the side effects I am happy with this medication but hope not to be on it long term as I worry about long term side effects I would recommend this"

Catlover9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks. It will be two weeks on 4/13. I started at .6mg and am at 1.2mg currently. I will be upped to 2.4 this week. I am slowly being increased once a week to aid in nausea, so it has not been bad at all so far. I am down a total of 8 pounds. I am not hungry most of the time and cannot finish a full plate of food anymore. I feel fantastic. Definitely worth trying if you are like me and nothing else has worked."

mrsroop77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started the victosa 20/3/17 I have been taking it for a few weeks now was on 0.6 and now I have increased to 1.2 I had some side effects like nausea and constant sulphur burps they calmed down after about a week I am over 10 pounds down in nearly 3 weeks and also feel full throughout the day and night :)"

Emz 1 April 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "So I started saxenda March 5th 2017 and it hasn't been a week yet but let me tell you these side effects are AWFUL. I've woke up twice now vomiting, I have to eat every bite incredibly slow to make sure I don't get sick from that bite, nausea, vomiting, sweating. I will definitely give this a go anyway and take my nurses word for it that the side effects will pass. I haven't been able to take my weight yet so I'm not sure how much I've lost. Good luck people it's pretty rough in the beginning. By the way I'm taking this because I am an autoimmune disease patient and had my thyroid removed"

Hopelessstudent (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I just started on 0.6 victoza two days ago. No side effects whatsoever. Feel great. But I feel full all the time - not just full but stuffed. I aim to lose 125lbs.. I'll keep you posted."

Gal175 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on victoza since Feb 15 2017. I have had barely any side effects and have lost 30 lbs. The medicine does not work by its self I take the 1.8 dose and I eat low carb and low sugar. I also have fibromialgia and Hashimotos. I go thru the patient assistance program to get my victoza."

Rosie E (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017