User Reviews for Liraglutide systemic

Weight Loss
7.8

Summary of Liraglutide reviews 7.9 1,525 reviews

Reviews for Liraglutide

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Saxenda has to work so well years ago when I tried it, however now after retrying it IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. I’m so disappointed, because I had high hopes. I haven’t lost a lb in over a month. I don’t know what changed but this drug is a huge disappointment"

Chanel32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I’m a 44 year old 5’3” female. I started saxenda last week at 233 lbs and today weighed at 227. I have been amazed to watch 1.5 - .5 lbs go every day. My appetite isn’t 100% gone but when I start to eat I can’t finish anything! Before this drug my appetite was insatiable. I’m not really having any side effects other than not being hungry. On day 3 I decided to go ahead and increase from .6 to 1.2. I was tolerating it fine and and am desperate for results. Right now this seems like a miracle."

Sly1974 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started Saxenda, 10/21/18. I am 5’5 and weighted 281lbs. The first couple of days, while being on the dose of 0.6mg, I experienced no side effects. On the fourth day I began burping awful tasting burps and it was very constant. It was slightly embarrassing and I kept mints in my pocket during work to over come the smell. At that time, I went and bought OTC anti acid and began taking that in the morning with my other medications. That has seemed to help tremendously. I still burp and have indigestion but not as bad as before. I have not experienced any of the negative side effects that people have mentioned in previous comments. I have, however, experienced decreased appetite and feeling fuller faster when I do eat. I have been trying to make healthier food choices and when I do eat, I find myself only eating half of what I have in front of me. That’s a huge difference from before starting the medication. I have been on the medication for 2 weeks and I’m down 10lbs."

Hopeful November 5, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have used Saxenda for 1 month, very little side affects. I'm doing well on this medication and have had 10 lb weight loss. However my insurance company will not cover this medication for me, so it looks like I will have to stop using it, due to the cost. Very disappointed because it's the 1st medication that has worked this well for me. If you have insurance coverage for this medication you are very lucky."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I am 37 years old and I have been taking Saxenda for a week now. I have lost a total of 12 pounds so far. I am amazed at the weight I've lost in 1 week. I haven't started working out yet but I have changed my eating habits tremendously and I rarely have an appetite. I am taking several medications for my diabetes and high blood pressure and I have to take them with food so I have to eat. I also eat some type of fruit or vegetable every 2 hours."

Slim Chick (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I started saxenda on October 24th so am currently on 0.6mg. I have definitely eaten less and not had cravings for fatty food like before. I haven’t lost any weight yet but I also haven’t managed to pass stools. Can you take over the counter laxatives to relieve this? or would this effect the medication. I have also had a bit of heartburn and so far managed this with full fat milk. I have just bought 5 more pens due to arrive today (£300) if I don’t see results at the end of thousand 5 then I will stop but if I lose then I will continue. My goal is to lose 3.5 stone. Fingers crossed "

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "My starting weight was 344lb and I am down to 336lb. I am starting on my third week 1.8. I am having to force my self to eat. I am only craving water. I get sick when eating. Some day I am worn out and otherI have a burst of energy"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Awful! Took saxenda for 4 days. The side effects were terrible. Severe diarrhea, nausea, headache, no energy, zero appetite (literally had to make myself eat some fruit & crackers just to have something), lightheaded, dry heaves, dizzy. No more. I quit."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "Started trial of Victoza from Dr. He wanted to check side effects before prescibing Saxenda. Lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. BUT, insurance denied coverage for Saxenda so back to Dr. Second request for authorization and gave me another trial of Victoza. Insurance denied Saxenda again. I registered for the Saxenda prescription savings card and today went to my pharmacy $1021!!!! Talking to pharmacist he recommended getting script for Victroza bc insurance likes the price. Approved and my co pay is $25! I do get nausea when I increase dose, it doesn't last. Dry mouth bad first few weeks but helped me be motivated drink water. Diarrhea, yes rotating with constipation. Food doesn't appeal to me. Often don't eat dinner or just a few bites. LOT of fatigue. Heartburn mild but I think its bc I forget to eat and my stomach is empty. BOTTOM LINE.... love this for weight loss. SIde effects aren't perm. I'm losing weight. BEST part? I figured out how to get insurance coverage!!!!"

Hopeless (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started to lose weight with Victoza because I vomited twice a day for 3 weeks. When I finally got used to the drug I did see my sugar come down but not stay low for a 24 hour period. I has to stop because my co-pay was over $180 per month."

Geon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication has been miraculous for me in managing type 2 diabetes, and losing weight as a big side perk. Although some side effects made the first six weeks challenging, after I had only been on it 3 months my a1c had dropped from 8.9 to 5.7 and I'd lost 40 pounds. Now I've been on it 9 months and my blood sugars are consistently in a normal range as well as having lost 82 pounds. As it slows digestion you feel full longer and eat less, although that can cause some heartburn/reflex, but it's manageable. I do know others personally that say this shot had no effect for them, but for me, it's been a life changer. I'm continuing to lose weight much slower but I'm 18 pounds until a "normal" weight for my height. I have been on the 1.8 dose since March."

Pippa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

For Obesity: "It helped me shed 20 kgs off a BMI of 35. I started with 0.6 mg/day and added 0.6 every 2nd week until I reached 3.0 mg/day. It was great in the beginning, HUGE difference in appetite levels, but after a couple of months it became ineffective. I kept it going for a total 10 months but didn't lose any extra weight other than what I'd lost during the first couple of months, but managed to didn't gain any either, which is a good thing."

kasogonatos (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I have started Saxenda the first day I had no appetite taking it but the second-6th day I am eating as I normally would. I’m trying to eat healthier but it isn’t suppressing my appetite. I just feel the same as normal I tried upping my dose today from 0.6 to 1.2 but still just felt the same way I would not if I was not on Saxenda and had my normal appetite. I'm not sure if this is me being able to tolerate it I’m worried it won’t work as I am not feeling the appetite suppressing benefits:("

Smithyo99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Taking Saxenda now for six weeks. Haven't lost any weight put 2 kilos on. Has anyone else found this. I don't feel myself at all short of breath depressed and I going to give it up. Good luck to everyone else. At least I have given this a go. It hasn't worked out for me."

Turf (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "Hello I am into week 3. I am suffering terribly with nausea, however I am persevering. I have not weighed myself as I will wait to go back to the GP . I am definitely not hungry. I have to admit I am excessively tired & could literally sleep all day. On reading some other reviews I see this is a side effect reported by some. I am up to the 1.8mgs . I will report back in when I get weighed."

Arkij (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I was just given this drug by my PCP because my obesity is out of control. I think my BMI is 47, not sure but it's a crazy high number. I'm 5'5" and weight about 285 size 22/24 pants 2x/3x top. I have read a lot of the reviews and I am kind of scared about the side effects. I can probably deal with the headaches, nausea, constipation or diarrhea bc there are times when I get that now (I have hypertension, prediabetes and IBS). But the severe stuff like pancreatitis and kidney problems or thyroid cancer is making me think I may not go through with it. Tomorrow is Friday so it might be best to start. I'll most likely try it at bedtime and see how that goes. I want to lose the weight and I hope this works bc I'm always hungry and I hate that feeling. That also comes along with guilt, sadness and hopelessness whenever I go shopping or when I see myself in pictures. But then again I think that's why we have all resorted to this drug. In any case..Wish me luck! :)"

NJMOM (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started on Victoza 11 days ago. I'm 36 years old, 5'10, I weighed 210. I'm down to 200 right now. So 10lbs gone. I had tried other diets such as keto and weight watchers. They would work for a bit but with my schedule they were hard to stick to. I also have PCOS. This drug has taken all those cravings for sugar away. I eat now not out of joy but out of necessity. I am not restricted. That was always my biggest downfall with other weight loss programs. I started on .6 for one week. I'm on 1.2 now. Saturday I'll go up to 1.8. I haven't had many side effects. Just nausea if I haven't eaten before my shot and if I have a big bunch of sugary foods. Lack of appetite is considered a side effect, but that's why I'm taking it so I don't list it. I have Medicare and they would not cover Saxenda but didn't have issue with Victoza."

MRB (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've been on it a week. I took the advice of many here and I dose at night, before bed. The only side effect I can say I've had is a funny taste in my mouth every now and again. Don't know that will change once I up the dose. I've lost a pound at the lowest dose. Had a small breakfast this morning and at about 6, I realized I had completely forgotten to eat again. Looking forward to losing more and am confident I will."

Ginjer (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Obesity: "I’ve been on Saxenda for two weeks and it’s working incredibly well so far. No side effects and my appetite/eating is controlled. I’ve tried everything else and nothing worked. I tend to eat out of depression/boredom and will stuff my face until I’m sick. I also react badly to medications and was certain I’d have all the side effects. I actually feel better than I have in a long time. I’m at 1.2 dose"

Jeannie (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started Saxenda Friday 12, 2018 and I am having some horrible side effects that I ended up calling my pharmacist to see if these symptoms get better over time. severe gas indigestion acid reflux (which woke me up in the night almost throwing up) nausea I haven't noticed much of an appetite change yet, but then again I probably can't seem to get passed the other symptoms to notice the others. I was told that the symptoms will improve over time, I just hope before I give up, I am pretty miserable right now. I will keep you posted on my progress. I am very fortunate that both of my insurances paied 100% on Saxenda so I hope I can make it through the symptoms."

Welb98 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I lost 20 kilos through just walking everyday. When I got down to 72 kilos, I couldn't seem to move anymore weight. I had also been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my R hip and sciatica in my L hip and leg, (excruciatingly painful!!), so I was unable to walk at all. I had been booked in for a tummy tuck and my surgeon said it would be a good idea to lose another 10 kilo before the surgery. That's when my GP suggested I give Saxenda a go, and I LOVE it. I lost a further 5.5 kilos in the first month, and an immediate loss of appetite. The only side effect that I've really noticed is constipation, (I would have preferred the diarrhoea) . I do not take the recommended dose, I toggle between 1.2 and 1.8, but mainly stick to 1.2. I find anything higher than that tends to cause slight nausea. I have my tummy tuck in 3 weeks time. I'm sure I will lose the full 10kilos by then. The drug is very costly, $378 Australian."

gloriavstar October 15, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I started this medication 5 days ago, I am 39 years old and was 268lbs, I weighed this morning and I am 259: I’m thinking it’s working, I have a reduced appetite and am choosing better foods. Keeping portions smaller. Today my tummy is feeling a constant hunger so I’m not sure what that’s about. I have eaten today, perhaps it’s just catching up from all the calorie reduction for the past week. Anyhow I’m excited to continue to see results. Good luck everyone. In the end we are our own advocates. Be honest to yourself."

PamelA (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I began taking Saxenda 4 weeks ago, I followed the dosage perfect I have the same side effects that have been listed in other comments and also I have significant weight loss to report. I began at 303lbs and now I'm happy to report im at 278lbs. At 50 years old (5'4) my life was shortening and lacking in joy. I'm beginning to see improvement which gives me the motivation and hope I need. I will continue to watch for others feedback. Best wishes"

KT (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

Saxenda (liraglutide) for Obesity: "I have been on Saxenda for 3 weeks. I had little side effect, the most prominent ones are constipation, light nausea and tiredness. I read review before starting it and it helped me a lot. First, I started on a Friday night. This gives me the week-end to ride out the worse of the side effect and the night to sleep the worse of it. I usually get 2 days of side effect when I change my dose. Usually on Thursday night I start to feel the effect of medecine decreasing. I follow a 1200 calorie meal plan and exercise 3 times a week. I lost 13lbs so far. I feel so much better and I also stopped drinking alcohol entirely and I don’t have any desire too. Saxenda is only a tools though, if you keep your habits nothing will change. It helps by reducing appetite and cravings, this helped me focus on eating food to nourish my body and not because I have craving. It’s expensive thought if you don’t have insurance, it runs at about $400/month."

Myrrai October 12, 2018

Victoza (liraglutide) for Weight Loss: "I've used Victoza for 14 months at a max dosage of 1.8 mg. It has allowed me to loose 65 lbs and I continue to loose at a rate of about a pound every 10-12 days."

Maria (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...