User Reviews for Paxil (Page 5)

Learn more about Paxil.

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 1 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paxil reviews 570 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Paxil

For Depression "It's week three. Let me start by saying this is my third try at a different depression/anxiety med. And it actually seems to be working. Also I've went from 290 at the dr. Office to 276 in 3 weeks I'm 6'2" so it's noticeable. I use to stress eat, now I don't have the urge to constantly eat. I feel, not full, just in hungry and fine with it? Overall I give it a 9/10 the 1 is because it's only been 3 weeks. Kicks in quick(two weeks for me), go all day with no need for xanax or ativan. I'm also alot less angry. Hope this helps, explore all options. Everyone's different! Never lose faith and force a smile :)"

Casey st. (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I suffered with OCD and anxiety since I was a teen but as I got older I started to develop fears that were never there before and panic attacks started to get more frequent.My doctor put me on paxil and within two months I feel great,the anxiety is under control and my OCD is gone with the fears it created. My side affects are about a 10 lb weight gain and it takes me longer to reach a orgasm which I consider a good thing haha. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from anxiety and OCD."

The Newf (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I was put on this medication for anxiety that I experienced suddenly. My initial panick atattack was so bad that I had throat paralysis. I could not make myself swallow, scariest thing ever. I was on paxil 20mg for 6 months before I stopped. The medication helped with the anxiety but the zero sex drive, constantly sleepy feeling and deep yawns with vivid crazy dreams along with 15 pound weight gain was terrible and not worth it."

jennlynn16 April 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Social anxiety involved with my job was causing insomnia and a feeling of constant dread. I take 20 mg. Here is how it affects me: I no longer lay awake at night worrying about the next day. However, I now wake up several times a night on Paxil, but always quickly fall back to sleep. So overall, this is a great improvement in sleep for me. Oddly, my dreams are now very vivid. I have actually woken up laughing. Rather than fearing social interaction, now at worst I am mildly annoyed by it. I have not been transformed to a gregarious person, but social interaction it something I no longer fear facing. Other side effects: mild constipation, less prone to anger, 80% loss in sexual interest, and alcohol has more of an effect"

52.yr.old.male April 11, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've tried out all sorts of drugs and never thought I would feel myself again. This drug has helped me get my life back. I feel positive for the first time in 4 years. Of course, I still have my wobbles, but it has allowed me to eat, exercise and socialize, which I wasn't doing before. I'm hoping to keep building momentum, so I can lead a full and happy life, rid of anxiety, panic attacks and depression. A god-send drug. I don't care if its hard to wean off. I will stay on this forever is necessary"

Anonymous April 4, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression " In few words - Life changing All negative thoughts change to positive ones And that is a life changing pill I was born depressed really ,with a wierd point of veiw, very critic of everybody, now I am a happy ordinary guy with a beautifull family Something I could not have achieved with out paxil, I take one every day for 23 years The effects goes out just after a glass of wine , so be carefull , quiting the pill in a fast way will cause " rage" yes , you would not recognized your self kind of rage so be carefull. You ar"

Mtoa April 3, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this med for 9 yrs after the dearh of my daughter, it changed my life dramatically!! Recently I have lost a brother and my anxiety came back, my doctor has from today increased my dose to 50mg so praying this helps soon? Hope due to my body being used to the 40mg the extra 10mg kicks in fast. It is a mirical tablet!!"

LizzieDee1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 1, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I have taken paxil on and off for roughly 17 years. I thought it was helping and that the anxiety, moodiness and feeling a bit zoned out was normal and hormones. But 10 months ago I changed to Zoloft due to a pregnancy and I feel like a new person. My husband was the first to notice it! My stress levels have decreased hugely and I'm much calmer and life is much easier."

Little Joey March 31, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Great for sleeplessness. That being said, I am more anxious than I have ever been due to side effects. It is difficult to perform a high stress sales job when you are dizzy and nauseous much less try to cope with a headache on top of the other symptoms. All of the symptoms exacerbate the anxiety you are trying to combat. Seems a little counter intuitive to me."

Nameless stranger March 29, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Postpartum Depression "I was suffering from ppd/a. Zoloft and lexapro made me feel worse. I wanted to try paxil but the bad reviews scared me. Good thing I listened to my doctor because it's the only thing that has helped me. Side effects weren't bad. I haven't gained weight. I feel a little hyper sometimes but that just makes me actually want to get up and do things again."

BrookeHibbett (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I've been on 10 mg for years, over 10 for anxiety. I'm at the point now where my 30 script will last 2-3 months and take it 1 out of 3 days. It worked for me, changed my life for the better. A few side effects but manageable."

Anonymous March 26, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I've been on this medication for 2 weeks. I take 10 mgs once a day. The first week was kind of rough. Headaches, nausea, teeth clinching, extreme fatigue, blurry vision, things like that. The second week has been much better. I'm able to leave my house to go do things. I actually have been going to the gym and spending over an hour working out. After struggling to find the proper medication and being terrified to live my life since 2014, this medicine has truly helped me. I feel confident that I am on the road to recovery. The only complaint that I have is that my memory is still a bit foggy. I hope that in time that will clear up as well. SSRI's can be scary and have rough side effects but hang in there. It gets better."

kad1337 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm on paxil one year eight month I'm a new lady really nice and social now I can go anywhere I want the world know I'm a new person thanks paxil to give me my life back."

Minou 67 March 22, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "My panic attacks stopped after two weeks of taking paxil. The relief was immense. A friend who had panic attacks also had her panic attacks stop after being on paxil for 2 weeks. She has been on it for four years. I have been on it for four weeks."

RelievedwithPaxil (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I don't know why anyone would prescribe Seroxat for depression. I was given this for anxiety and depression and while it does help my anxiety to some extent, it doesn't work as an 'antidepressant' and actually gives me suicidal tendencies and for that reason I would recommend not taking it for depression. I take 40mg and plan to stop taking Seroxat and choosing something safer and more effective."

Danil123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I was having panic attacks all the time which morphed into a stressful state of depression. Yes, I was falling apart. I'd also lost a lot of weight, no appetite. I started on 20mg but wow, this stuff is strong! My pupils became super dilated, I looked like I was on mdma. I moved down to 10mg for a while then worked my way up to 20mg, then back down to 10mg. I got almost every side effect in the book: constipation, bizarre dreams, sedation, sexual side effects, sleeping ten hours a night, then taking two hour naps late in the day. BUT, the panic stopped! Wow, for the first time in my life I could go to movie theaters, and restaurants with no panic attacks. Gained weight back, it was great. Finally quit when my life was back in order."

Zentao (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I was struck with crippling anxiety and panic attacks when I was 20, I am now 37.I was prescribed Paxil and started on 20 mg. Stayed on the med for 6 months. It didn't do anything for me but make me a robot, phased out of my own life and like I was just on auto pilot. I informed my doctor that I wanted to opt out and that I didn't want to try any other meds. So I dropped to 10 mg for two weeks, then 5 mg and off. The reason why I am writing this after 17 years is because I started having abnormal heart beats, Tachycardia, while getting off of the med, as soon as I dropped to 10mg. Even though I got through the anxiety and am completely free today, the Tachycardia remains. There are much safer options today."

Galarnix March 2, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Very good medication I took and in 3 days my mood improved also I found my self being more social , joking around alot more but it also made me very hyper in extremely talkative now im on the road to recovery"

185303pharmacydude (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I have been on Paxil CR for many years with good results. I started at 12.5 Mg and over time have been increased to 25Mg. In the last yr I have found myself depressed 3 or more days a week even though I take my pill religiously every day. In the last few months the 3 days have turned into 5 to 6 and now it doesn't seem to work at all. I was told by my pharmacist that Glaxo had begun production on a generic CR so I agreed to try it. " Wrong Move". I resumed the brand name immediately but I noticed that the generic looks identical to the brand. I may be a skeptic but could Glaxo be bottling generics in label bottles to maximize profits?"

BobbyJM (taken for 10 years or more) February 19, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Been having anxiety since 15 and was always prescribed Paxil since it always worked great for me. Decided to get off of it thinking I was good to go and just this past xmas I got all my anxiety back after being off the pill for almost year. I'm 25 and decided to try something diff just because if I wanted to get pregnant and they gave me lexapro. I can tell you lexapro has helped but is nothing like Paxil nor as quick as Paxil. Definitely going to ask for Paxil back again when I see my doc next week. I've been on lexapro for 5 weeks today."

Sonyarez09 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder "I suffer from debilitating panic attacks. Just 10 mg of Paxil works wonders. I've tried almost every SSRI out there, but Paxil is the only one that works. Nothing else can touch my panic."

Cat65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Overall I'd say it worked for a bit. Not sure if I should have had my dosage increased when the side effects started back up, or if it was because I messed up my scheduling for taking it. It put my anxiety through the roof. More anxiety than I'd ever had naturally. I got it mostly for depression/possible bipolar, and it worked for the most part until the side effects kicked in, save for the random swells of depression that wouldn't last for more than two hours but felt so much worse than the stable depression I've had for years. I'd recommend it for someone who's better at keeping appointments than I am."

Briana H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress "Have tried many antidepressants. This has been absolutely terrible. Worst side effects I have ever experienced. Feels like I have the flu...very disappointed"

jv2345 February 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Paxil has become my latest drug to combat frontal traumatic brain injury (tbi). benzo drugs works good. but they thought they were addicting. well just look up all the people that have tried to quit paxil!!!. Its a nightmare. In my opinion these drugs should be banned to treat people with TBI!!!. If you want to take a drug and later it quits working, what are you going to do? good luck because TBI sucks and there is nothing besides benzo drugs that help. I have had mild TBI for 36 years. Don't let them get you on paxil. I think its bad but don't believe only me - look on the iternet before you take them. I sure wish i did!!!. Good luck its the worst thing I have ever had to deal with. "

miltary January 31, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "Started 20mg of paxil 3 weeks ago after coming of effexor. At the moment I get a lot of anxiety throughout the day & sweating. Hope this starts to go soon as its still very early days."

minnie58 January 31, 2016