User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.3
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 585 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "For anyone who is hesitant about trying an anti depressant like Prozac because maybe you have too much pride, or you're embarassed that you have to take a pill everyday to feel like yourself. I was suffering with anxiety and depression for about 5 years after a really traumatic car accident and refused to try anything. I'm in my early 20s I thought I was too young. I only wished I would've listened to my body and mind sooner. Prozac changed my life. I only take 20mg and it is incredible. I feel happy.. I feel calm. I feel like my old self. I haven't had any anxiety in months.. I'm not moody. It's like that big dark cloud is finally gone, don't be afraid to try this anti depressant. Im a brand new Me, because of it. I feel invincible"

ChristinaM872 October 6, 2016

227 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My dr started me on 20mg once daily.After a few months with no improvement he raised it to 40mgs.After about 2 weeks at this dose the depression subsided some and also my anxiety as I found myself reaching for my Xanax less and less.However after about 5-6 months the depression and anxiety came back and my doctor told me raising the dose would do no good.So,that being said, if you need an anti-deppressant to get you through a rough patch in your life (divorce,holidays,death of a loved one) this seemed to work very well just after about 6 months I was right back where I started. *Another benefit is it's generic (Fluoxetine) in many stores is only $4 for a month supply.Ive seen some Anti-deppressants cost well over $100 for a month*"

sopranofan (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac 10mg Changing my life, one day @ a time!! LOVE it!!"

ColetteAdele September 28, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "20mg for three months. No effect at all."

Chuck789 September 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Hi there , I started thanking this magic pill about 4 mos ago . I've had general anxiety disorder and depression for at least 20 yrs . Biggest anxiety is with taking medication . Finally at 44 it hit me like a brick & I stopped driving and not being able to work due to crippling anxiety and irrational fears ..I seemed help and got the courage to start on 10 mg Prozac about 4.5 mos ago , increased to 20 mgs after 3 weeks . I have to say this medication truly saved my life & sanity ! I feel normal again and anxiety is gone ! I recommend it to anyone who has double thoughts about it , it truly works :)"

Ak72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2016

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Was on lexapro and didn't find it helpful . prozac seems to be doing very good."

Riply222 September 9, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had to come off Fluoxetine due to severe pains in my back , hips and legs. It's been 4 weeks and still getting the pain. So worried I've damaged myself for good. Don't know what to do ! Doctor has put me on Naproxen for the pain, but how long do I take this for!? , has anyone else experienced this? Every time I come off naproxen I get the pain straight back again. Making me so unhappy."

Jojo woo September 3, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I started on Prozac (fluoxetine) after the deaths of my sister and mother in the same year, 5 months apart and I started taking 10mg with Xanax but I still felt depressed. My doctor put me on 20 mg a day with 1/2 of a 1 mg Xanax and I feel a bit of relief, calmness, and no suicidal thoughts. I found that when I skip a day or two, I start crying a lot. Prozac works for me along with Xanax."

Eliseeya Marie August 27, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "Hello! I just started back on 40mg Prozac for the second time. I originally started taking it last summer for anxiety. I more so like to call it situational anxiety (single mom working my butt off trying to raise my daughter). I think anyone would have stress in my shoes. I've pushed past that all now. It helped with the anxiety, but it really helps with weight loss. I lost about 20 lbs. Went off the meds (no withdrawals) and weight slowly crept back on. My brother is getting married in a couple months and I want to look my best and shed a few pounds. Honestly, Prozac doesn't effect my brain much. Food taste different tho. I have a hard time having an orgasm. Worth the sacrifice for now. Other than that perfect pill for me for weight loss."

Cheyzam (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Excellent medication usually works great have no complaints when used for depression only."

Sweetgirlmeg (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication is very useful and helpful in my opinion for depression but on the other hand it does not work nearly as well for anxiety. Would recommend for someone with depression but not for someone with anxiety."

Sweetgirlmeg August 24, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I took my self to the hospital because my life was (and still is) falling apart. But after I took Prozac, I started the feel a bit better. But just as someone here mentioned, after I took it my mind felt empty, for example, since before I went to the hospital, thoughts of self hatred, self loathing and plenty of suicidal thoughts took up 90% of my brain each day. but since they were gone due to the medicine, my brain was unsure how to react. The worst thing in the world could have happened to me and I wouldn't do anything just smile. But it felt weird. But I did feel a strange sense of optimism while on the drug. I'm NEVER optimistic, always pessimistic. I stopped months ago. I think I'm going to the hospital soon anyway.. I feel it."

Vanessa0207 August 24, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Disclaimer: this is MY personal experience Started Prozac at age 19 after issues with Effexor and after a few months I felt on top of the world--the happiest I had ever been. This was short lived. After 6 or so months something inside me snapped. Sex drive=0. My conscious turned into someone that wasn't me. Never heard voices before but they became overwhelming/evil & I couldn't shake the suicidal thoughts. I ended up quitting cold turkey as I noticed myself double dosing, then triple dosing. My sex drive is still 0, I've gained a ton of weight, and have been dealing with severe depression without meds because I'm scared to take them again."

Agirlandhercats August 16, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I feel fantastic I feel a massive change in myself I'm less aggressive anxious depressed and agitated I'm more patient with things and people as I suffered with social anxiety I'm more outgoing and thinking clearer I feel on top of the world and have lost 13kg as my appetite has decreased rapidly"

Shellsheree August 14, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I starting on Sertraline 3 years ago and felt that my body had got used to it and wasn't getting any effect after a year. My GP then put me on Fluoxetine 20mg. To start it took about 5-6 weeks to really begin to feel calmer and less sensitive to daily stresses and I had an amazing sleep but the effects began to wear off after a year. My GP then increased my dose to 60mg as I was going through a really stressful time at work and couldn't cope. Thankfully work has been better and I've changed my role but I've started to feel really depressed and have been having suicidal thoughts which I never used to have. I have really vivid dreams and I'm starting to get home from work, take the dog out, make dinner and once all my chores are done then I g"

Scottish1975 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "26 y/o male no history of depression but some acute episodes (a few weeks back in high school). Began taking 10 mg prozac daily 3 weeks ago after struggling with major depressive disorder following job loss, relationship break-up and move back home with family. After 3 weeks have noticed marked improvement in mood and wellbeing. I would HIGHLY recommend to someone who can also engage in healthy diet, aerobic and anaerobic exercise, healthy social life and some engaging work. Thank you prozeezy!"

Overcome2016 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Fluoxetine/prozac 20mg for depression/anxiety. Within 4 hours of taking it at 4pm I truely felt better by 8 pm and happier not sure it was the meds at first or believing it to be working?,had done a lot research before taking it positives and negatives so have an open mind about prozac,certainly felt better quickly after initail dose!. First 2 weeks slight headaches,bit spaced initially,groggy,dry mouth,difficult concentrate,but I did feel like this whilst depressed! Now 3rd week its kicked in after 2 weeks and I feel calmer relaxed able to think clearly not foggy mind feel focused happier motivated. This drug has dealt with anxiety&depression,100%,I was worrying everything,sleep is OK now,no sexual dysfunction yet!. Good luck."

Jack.... 60yrs old... uk. (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was put on Prozac (20mg) for severe OCD and anxiety 2 years ago and took it for a little bit over a year and it helped tremendously. I was dumb and stopped taking it and over the course of 5-6 months my OCD and anxiety slowly got worse to the point where I had been when I first started taking the medicine. I just started back up on it about 3 weeks ago and the first week on it was bad for me. I had lots of anxiety and suicidal thoughts. But here recently I'm starting to notice some improvement in my anxiety. Don't stop taking Prozac just because you feel better. I found out the hard way and it's not worth it."

pr72 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I was placed on the generic of Prozac 6 weeks ago. I have social anxiety (always have) and my doctor told me that it was related to an OCD/depression and could possibly be PTSD. All of this confused me but made sense at the same time because I have always suspected all of these. She told me prozac would greatly help with my anxiety problems. Since being on prozac the only changes I have really noticed are extreme fatigue during the day, lessened appetite (which is good because I have been overeating for a while), and I feel like it has helped my relationship a bit. I don't seem to get as agitated as fast (but i have bad days sometimes). I do however feel like I zone out a lot now and forget what I'm saying sometimes."

NursC16 July 30, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "Well my diagnosis is hard to explain... The doctor says that I'm bipolar but in all actuality I'm on a bad high. I'm always extremely hyper (or anxious) but have all the symptoms of depression! I have lack of concentration and I am not able to keep things in my head straight, like starting one thing before finishing the other. I am now on day 12 of 20mg and almost instantly I could tell a difference when I started talking it. But mind you I'm also on deprekote and at the same time he upped that dosage by 500mg! But I'm so much calmer now and I am feeling so much better. And I'm in this for the long haul. The side affects were very minimal for me, out of 12 days just two days my stomach has hurt but the others I really felt very full ."

Kb67 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I am 25 years old and I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for most of my life. My GP prescribed me Fluoxetine 20mg and I have been taking it for 2 months now. I could see results within the first 2 weeks - things that bothered me everyday were slowly diminishing. It's not like they weren't in the back of my mind but it's almost like a wall was keeping me from thinking about those issues excessively. Essentially I don't care about petty things anymore and I am genuinely happy now! I still have anxiety/panic attacks but they are not as extreme as they once were. I did have side effects initially: indigestion, headache, fatigue, weakness, yawning, loss of appetite, and nausea. Those have diminished greatly now."

knew4897 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication did not work for me at all. It could possibly be because I don't metabolize SSRI's very well but I could not feel any sort of change when on this. It helped a little with my minor OCD which I why I stayed on it for so long but after awhile it just triggered what my doctor said was an underlying mood disorder because I started flip flopping between being content or even emotionless, and being severely depressed. This medication did not help me but I'm not going to say it wouldn't work for other people. I just couldn't take the side effects."

Sydney8445 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking Prozac about a month ago for anxiety and depression. I had been in therapy for about 8 months prior to this for the same reasons. I had made several lifestyle changes before trying Prozac. I quit smoking, drinking caffeine and alcohol, and started exercising more. None of this was helping my anxiety (main problem). My anxiety was especially bad during my menstrual cycle, so I talked to my Dr. and he prescribed Prozac. I waited 2 months to take it because I had never taken an AD before and was scared. But once I did I was so glad! Prozac has honestly changed my life for the better. I believe I was much more depressed than I realized before taking it and my anxiety has completely disappeared."

Alahet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Having a history of family heath problems it was my time to develop one of my own, i was diagnosed with moderately severe depression and was placed on a moderate dose of Prozac. Weeks in i became extremely lethargic , my mood hadn't stabilized one bit, i presumed i would need a higher dose and that followed. Eventually the dosage had quadrupled and showing no improvement, i beg to view the world in a haze, nothing seemed real and i didn't recognize myself . I was incredibly suicidal. If you are not feeling this drug is effective do not continue using it, otherwise suicide is a very genuine threat. I have found Sertraline effective as opposed to this freakish medicine."

Send Help (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have never had thoughts about suicide until I took Prozac. This was the absolute scariest experience of my life."

squirrellover (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016