User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.5
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 524 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Bulimia "I been taking Prozac for 3 monthes I don't binge or purge anymore I only throw up when I'm sick . I was thinking about suicide but now I'm 3 month purge free. I'm confident that if I stay on it I can live the rest of my life bulimia free. Bulimia is a ghost of my past now . Peace Michael "

Geojhkj April 6, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed this drug for panic disorder and was on it for 2 weeks. I have never felt wise in my entire life. I did bit eat or drink unless forced, spiraled into depression, and just was not the excited loving person I normally am. I world go home and state at the wall for 5 hours then crawl into bed and sleep. I had nightmares each night. I felt dead and like I was floating above my body. My friends and teachers became more worried than before. I had to get off that pill"

kklr (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on 20mg daily Fluoxetine for past 3 years for PMDD. This definitely helps me feel more normal at that time of the month. No more crying, mood swings and feeling out of control for 7 days every month. It has taken me 20+ years to get diagnosed with PMDD after seeing lots of dr's who didn't really understand. In the end i kept a diary. For 2 weeks of each month i would be fine followed by around 10 days of feeling low, irritable, moody, anxious etc. I did increase the dose to 40mg daily at one point but kept getting bruises on my thighs and itchy legs (side effect) so reduced it back to 20mg. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else suffering from PMDD."

CLR1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug saved my life. It did not work for the first month and a half but when it did! Amazing results! No anxiety! And I suffered from panic attacks 24/7. Not saying this drug alone will fix all your problems but it helped me so so much! Gave me my excitement for life back"

Sara27373628 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had been having anxiety and other symptoms such as weight loss. I was diagnosed with OCD and started on 10mg prozac. I battled with side effects for the first month of increased anxiety, nauseousness and sleeping problems. At about the 5 week mark the negative side effects went away and I started to feel some relief from the anxiety caused by the OCD. I was increased to 20mg which seems to be enough for me. I have now been on it for over a year. I feel so much better. Like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I no longer worry and obsess. I have gained some weight but the anxiety had made me lose weight so I think I am able to eat now because I feel better. I don't sweat the small stuff in life anymore!!"

OCDin PA (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

For Depression "I started this medication because I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I have been put on random depression meds since I was 14 years old and am now 24. I've tried lexapro, welbutrin, and a bunch of other stuff. I never really saw improvement as a teenager on these drugs, but it could have been my hormones at the time. I tried prosac at 23 years old and it seemed to make a real difference for me. I think I started to feel the difference within the first week, but that might have been a placebo affect. After at least 2-3 weeks is when I think it really started to work and I could feel a difference. My anxiety levels started to drop pretty drastically and I was no longer afraid of things like the dark."

tbud March 16, 2016

For Depression "Im pretty outgoing in nature...but id get depressed n aggressive from time to time. Anyway so the first 5 weeks on this med was very up and down... I slept but woke up feeling tired.. I was drowzy during the day...id feel good some days n worse on others. I was going to quit on my 6th week..I woke up n said 'I cant take this anymore' but my mom convinced me to keep taking it. It was like a miracle. .I just woke up in the morning..6th week in n felt ok one morning... energetic... happy... motivated... could phone up anyone n talk wthout feeling like it was torture.... so give it atleast 6 weeks... it should get even better than how im feeling now... tht would be amazing!"

desertflower1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety for 9 years and have tried every medication under the sun and nothing has worked until now! I feel normal, not drugged and best part is no anxiety or depression. I take 10 mgs of this with 1 milligram of Risperdal daily for bipolar disorder and I get so much accomplished its ridiculous! I'm okay with being alone, I don't feel like I need a man or a miracle anymore and my expectations are more realistic. I look forwarding to coming home which is something I used to dread as I have 3 young children, 1 with autism. Prozac makes my job as a single mother so much easier!"

Jen1981 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on prozac for a few years now. I stopped taking it in mid December just restarted today anxiety and stress are tuff to deal with let alone with out this medicine."

OAR February 22, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Had to switch to this after sertraline didn't work when I tried to go back on it. OCD blew up as soon as I stopped my previous SSRI and I ended up sick. Always consult your doctor and if you have severe OCD, it's an SSRI for life... Fluoxetine had the usual side effects: suicidal, anxious, worsening of depression and tiredness. Unfortunately you just have to work through this with these meds. After a few weeks I started to see some slow progress and my obsessions decreased. I was still severely depressed and I augmented this with risperidone. That too made me a bit crazy for a few days but after a couple of weeks I was able to return to work after 3 months off. These meds take time. 18 months on I'm just on fluoxetine 60mg and feel great!"

Gregocd February 15, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on fluoxetine 20mg for six months. It took about 8 weeks to notice any positive mood changes. After a few weeks of starting it I began to feel like I was living in a fog and had a difficult time concentrating but that eventually went away and turned into optimism and feeling great. Please give it a couple of months to work. It takes time to kick in. After 8 weeks I felt good and happy for a while but recently have relapsed into anxiety and depression again. My MD has now upped my dosage to 40mg. I am hopeful I will get the happiness and optimism back again soon from the higher dose."

darksideofthemoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Taken for 9 days now. I take this with 1mg Ativan 2x daily as needed. First few days I was tired, had a couple weepy moments, and nausea/full feeling that made me not want to eat. Day 6 I had a bout of insomnia so I'm slowly moving the time I take my meds from the evening to afternoon, then the morning. No real insomnia since - just more of a hard time going back to sleep after waking (back to sleep within 20 mins). I've noticed I'm perkier and friendlier when I talk with people, just can feel some tiredness behind my eyes in the morning usually until the afternoon. I noticed I haven't experienced as many body aches I get from my anxiety as I have in the past. I'm hoping these are all good signs this medication is doing the trick for me."

DawnBreeze (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Depression "I just started Prozac again after being off it for several years. After going off Prozac the first time, I tried battling depression with alternative methods, including yoga, exercise and CBT. Recently I decided I was losing the battle using these methods alone and went back to Prozac. My experience so far is that the medication is working. I have so far not been experiencing the really deep lows while on this medication. I do feel a bit drowsier that usual, although this is not entirely unwelcome as I was having trouble sleeping before and now I find I am able to sleep and nap more easily. Exercise and avoiding alcohol dramatically helps with the drowsiness issue and also helps improve mood further in combination with the Prozac."

AdamQ February 6, 2016

For Depression "Prozac was the first antidepressant I was ever put on and it never really helped me. I couldn't eat normally for several weeks, kept throwing up and while waiting for the side effects to go away my doctor gave me a higher dose and my anxiety seemed to get even worse. About a month in, my suicidal thoughts got worse and I just got reckless with my life because I felt like nothing mattered. After an intervention with my friends I decided to just stop taking it cold turkey, and I really didn't experience that bad of withdrawal effects, I was just glad I wasn't taking it anymore. I would say it made me the most suicidal I'd been in a long time and while it may work wonders for some people it just did not work with me."

rileylane (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "In about 1996 I started Prozac for 13 years and then it stopped working, I was on 2 different meds since then but the last one caused excessive body sweating to the point where I could not work as I work with the public. I just went back on Prozac 3 days ago and I already feel so calm and rational. When I was on it for those 13 years my doctor said I was the poster child for Prozac as I had no symptoms. So far I do not have any. I love Prozac."

RemiB January 29, 2016

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've recently started taking prozac and have never been on an ssri before but have always thought I needed one for my constant worrying thoughts and random depression. I haven't been taking it for very long and already feel like a weight has been lifted. I feel happier and it's easier to get rid of my bad thoughts that previously consumed my life. I feel better than I've ever felt amd wish I would have tried it sooner!"

Aj2817 January 24, 2016

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking Prozac 4 weeks ago ... For symptoms of menopause ...... I can't take HRT as I've had cancerous cells in my cervix which is why I had a hysterectomy .. Anyway I was having palpitations panic attacks stress and anxiety forgetting words very emotionally up and down .. I also suffer from PTS from a violent childhood .. I have to say I've been so much happier and settled in my mind this is definitely working for me ."

Vicky1202 January 19, 2016

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had a horrible experience with Prozac. I was actually very excited when my doctor decided it would be the next anti-depressant medication I tried, because it gets so much good publicity. Hell, there's even a memoir called "Prozac Nation." Upon beginning my daily regimen of prozac, I had increased anxiety (too the point that I was having uncontrollable heart palpitations, dizzy spells, trouble breathing -- I couldn't eat, and got down to 100lbs on accident) and my suicidal ideation increased to the point that I made a very serious suicide attempt. Thanks to quick intervention, speedy response from paramedics, and a life flight I am alive today. Be careful, and be aware of side effects."

afay January 18, 2016

For Depression "I was prescribed the generic form of Prozac and at 2.5 weeks, my depression became more severe. I began feeling hopeless. Worse I have felt in a very long time. I'm glad to hear that most people find improvement, but wanted to share my experience"

Faithdeshea (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started generic brand of Prozac more than 3-4 years ago. I started at 20mg and am still on that same dose. Before Prozac, I lost almost 50 pounds because I didn't eat. I was depressed and always anxious. I was afraid of weird things, like taking a shower because I thought I would fall and die. I was afraid to win the lottery ( never would happen anyway lol) I never had anything like this in my life! I was newly wed, and just had baby. So I guess it was normal to have those feelings. Prozac has been great. first few weeks on it I had increased anxiety. Worse thing is I gained about 75-80 pounds !!"

Matt127 January 17, 2016

For Depression "I am beginning my fourth week on 20mg Fluoxetine taken each morning. I am recovering from a long term abusive relationship with a Narcissist. I have a head injury that predisposes me to fatigue. I asked the doctor to help me with my energy levels. I did not admit it but the underlying feeling I had was that 'everything was too much' and 'nothing matters anyway'. But nobody would have guessed how hopeless I had become. And had been for at least 10 years. Initially I experienced all of the symptoms people warn about in the first few weeks. Insomnia and occassional extreme anxiety were the worst. Now I feel enthused about taking things one at a time and am enjoying the process. I have begun to sleep normally again. So far, so good."

Blinky1 January 15, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been using 40 mg of prozac daily for almost a year now, I went from the worst I've ever been, crying all the time never being able to stop thinking about how much I hated myself life and everything about life, I was not eating, was so full of rage and hate and had the most negative mindset towards everything, like every second of my life was hell and pointless seeming, I wished I was dead (although would never actually kill myself for my families sake) and after about 2 or 3 weeks of taking the prozac everything got so much better it was like it flipped a switch in my head and the negative thoughts went away and I actually felt good and happy which I thought was so impossible to feel, taking these meds was the best thing I've ever done"

Auma13 January 15, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had general anxiety for as long as I can remember, and it started really interfering with my daily life and relationships. My doctor put me on prozac with 20mg dosages. The first 1-2 weeks I did have a bit of nausea so it was hard eating in the mornings, but that's the only side effect I noticed. It helped me get rid of anxious thoughts that had once wrecked my life, and made me calm without ridding me of my outgoing and bubbly personality. That made me really happy. However I have now been on it for almost 3 months and I am noticing a large decrease in sex drive. It has started effecting my relationship so I'm currently looking at other options. Other than that I would recommend. :)"

jenjen199 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started Prozac as one of my first anti depressants for MDD It made me horribly sick. I was nauseous all day, and wouldn't eat for days at a time. I stayed on it to try and get thorough the side effects but they wouldn't stop, I was throwing up every other day One day I woke up and I started to violently shake, This lasted for over 12 hours until I ended up in the hospital with Tachycardia. This was a horrible experience and months later I still have stomach and heart issues, I'm on new medications now, But because of my bad experience I get very anxious when I take them"

Haley_14115 January 12, 2016

For Depression "My genius psychiatrist started me on this drug in the fall of 2008. The first few weeks I felt even worse than before I had started taking the fluoxetine. After many months on the drug I was eventually taking 400mg a day, and having manic thoughts & episodes. My psychiatrist decided I was bi-polar and then started me on seroquel (rather than give me a break for my nervous system to re-adjust to it's natural state), which I also ended up taking for about 6 months and at about the same dose. In retrospect I wish I hadn't taken either fluoxetine(Prozac) or seroquel(Quetiapine)."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2016