User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.5
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 533 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed 10mg of this medication for the first month and felt okay, but I still had my bad days. On my 6th week, my doc upped my prescription to 20 mg, and in the week I was on that dosage, my anxiety was through the roof. I went back to my doctor with my symptoms and he put me back down to 10mg with the intent of weening me off of it. Plus, this makes you kind of emotionless, like a zombie. Even on my good days where I wasn't anxious, I just didn't have the motivation to do anything. I really don't recommend this to anyone. But if it helps you, that's good."

CJBrill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was put on Fluoxetine 40mg daily due to a particularly bad bout of depression that left me unable to work or even get out of bed. That was over a year ago and it was a GODSEND. I started on 10mg and increased to 40 within a month, close to no side effects (some stomach pain), and the relief of my depression happened within the first week. After a month and a half on it I was feeling great and alive again! It was amazing! After 8 months on the medication, I decided to wean off. That went well, however anxiety started building up again. I believe my condition has now changed. I was put back on Fluoxetine 40mg but felt no relief of my anxiety whatsoever and had to add Ativan to my regimen. I am now exploring other options but it was great!"

Mynt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been off and on the prozac for over a year now. Keep reading stuff on the internet about its side effects, then flush them down the drain. But then I get back on the medicine. I can say that I feel its effects after just one dose, it feels like a pretty strong drug and I'm only on 10mg. Don't drink too much caffeine on prozac! I've had the worst anxiety attacks if I drink an energy drink after taking my dose of prozac. It does help me get stuff done and stay motivated and I guess it helps with general anxiety as well. It does kind of make me impulsive though but I'm learning to make better decisions while on the medicine. I think it helps over all and I will continue to stay on it for the foreseeable future."

greenberg333 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2016

For Depression "This medication has literally saved my life!! I was severely depressed and had horrible anxiety and almost committed suicide. The first week on this drug was awful and I was very sick....then a miracle happened. After only a couple of weeks I suddenly realised that I felt 'normal', my thoughts were clear and organised, I was able to laugh, focus, I didn't feel like crying anymore, my fun-loving personality was shining through once more and I became a better version of me. Everyone has noticed and commented, I am now a great person to be around. I am able to work and eat and sleep and function like a normal young woman and it's all thanks to this amazing drug. It really has given me my life back."

Leesa87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Prozac 20mg for two and a half weeks. I'm still hiding under the duvet. I also take Alprazolam for anxiety. Can anyone tell me how much longer I've got to wait to feel well again."

bedridden (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Depression "I have been on fluoxetine for less than a month and it's going ok. During the first 2 weeks, I felt surprising amazing. I had a new love of life. The week after, I felt suicidal, I felt worse and I just wanted to stay in bed and never leave. I feel constantly nauseous which isn't good. This week, I have felt a little calmer. I feel 'normal'. I hope I stay like this and just level out..."

SamSx April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Following the death of my 3 year old daughter I started taking this also Valdoxan at night and anti calm during the day I also suffer from anxiety , Prozac has helped me get up in the day time and go out and changed my attitude also obviously it's false happiness but it helps me forget my pain and have a giggle during the day it eases my pain"

calla92 April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication is a life saver. I think Prozac has saved my life and made my thinking more clear. I had been struggling with mental illness for years before I tried prozac. I had been diagnosed with adhd and bipolar disorder (even though I never had a manic episode). I had tried other medications. After a suicide attempt, I tried zoloft, however, there was no effect. After this ssri, I tried other medications and everything made me unbelievably worse. After trying medications like lithium, lamictal, depakote, and abilify; I finally was put on 10 mg prozac and then 20 mg. This was it. I felt an instant recovery after 3 weeks, where my mind finally woke up. I felt a part of my brain, which was not working, was now working. It was lifesaving."

Al Pac (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started more as supplement to wellbutrin. But I got more from this so I quit wellbutrin and take this at 20mg. feel great. Calm and clear. Focused and motivated. Side effects were mild...vivid dreams and absolutely zero appetite. Eat lunch and thats it. Not hungry the rest of the day. Great for motivation and clarity."

Bobalaneo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bulimia "I been taking Prozac for 3 monthes I don't binge or purge anymore I only throw up when I'm sick . I was thinking about suicide but now I'm 3 month purge free. I'm confident that if I stay on it I can live the rest of my life bulimia free. Bulimia is a ghost of my past now . Peace Michael "

Geojhkj April 6, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed this drug for panic disorder and was on it for 2 weeks. I have never felt wise in my entire life. I did bit eat or drink unless forced, spiraled into depression, and just was not the excited loving person I normally am. I world go home and state at the wall for 5 hours then crawl into bed and sleep. I had nightmares each night. I felt dead and like I was floating above my body. My friends and teachers became more worried than before. I had to get off that pill"

kklr (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on 20mg daily Fluoxetine for past 3 years for PMDD. This definitely helps me feel more normal at that time of the month. No more crying, mood swings and feeling out of control for 7 days every month. It has taken me 20+ years to get diagnosed with PMDD after seeing lots of dr's who didn't really understand. In the end i kept a diary. For 2 weeks of each month i would be fine followed by around 10 days of feeling low, irritable, moody, anxious etc. I did increase the dose to 40mg daily at one point but kept getting bruises on my thighs and itchy legs (side effect) so reduced it back to 20mg. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else suffering from PMDD."

CLR1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug saved my life. It did not work for the first month and a half but when it did! Amazing results! No anxiety! And I suffered from panic attacks 24/7. Not saying this drug alone will fix all your problems but it helped me so so much! Gave me my excitement for life back"

Sara27373628 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had been having anxiety and other symptoms such as weight loss. I was diagnosed with OCD and started on 10mg prozac. I battled with side effects for the first month of increased anxiety, nauseousness and sleeping problems. At about the 5 week mark the negative side effects went away and I started to feel some relief from the anxiety caused by the OCD. I was increased to 20mg which seems to be enough for me. I have now been on it for over a year. I feel so much better. Like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I no longer worry and obsess. I have gained some weight but the anxiety had made me lose weight so I think I am able to eat now because I feel better. I don't sweat the small stuff in life anymore!!"

OCDin PA (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

For Depression "I started this medication because I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I have been put on random depression meds since I was 14 years old and am now 24. I've tried lexapro, welbutrin, and a bunch of other stuff. I never really saw improvement as a teenager on these drugs, but it could have been my hormones at the time. I tried prosac at 23 years old and it seemed to make a real difference for me. I think I started to feel the difference within the first week, but that might have been a placebo affect. After at least 2-3 weeks is when I think it really started to work and I could feel a difference. My anxiety levels started to drop pretty drastically and I was no longer afraid of things like the dark."

tbud March 16, 2016

For Depression "Im pretty outgoing in nature...but id get depressed n aggressive from time to time. Anyway so the first 5 weeks on this med was very up and down... I slept but woke up feeling tired.. I was drowzy during the day...id feel good some days n worse on others. I was going to quit on my 6th week..I woke up n said 'I cant take this anymore' but my mom convinced me to keep taking it. It was like a miracle. .I just woke up in the morning..6th week in n felt ok one morning... energetic... happy... motivated... could phone up anyone n talk wthout feeling like it was torture.... so give it atleast 6 weeks... it should get even better than how im feeling now... tht would be amazing!"

desertflower1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety for 9 years and have tried every medication under the sun and nothing has worked until now! I feel normal, not drugged and best part is no anxiety or depression. I take 10 mgs of this with 1 milligram of Risperdal daily for bipolar disorder and I get so much accomplished its ridiculous! I'm okay with being alone, I don't feel like I need a man or a miracle anymore and my expectations are more realistic. I look forwarding to coming home which is something I used to dread as I have 3 young children, 1 with autism. Prozac makes my job as a single mother so much easier!"

Jen1981 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on prozac for a few years now. I stopped taking it in mid December just restarted today anxiety and stress are tuff to deal with let alone with out this medicine."

OAR February 22, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Had to switch to this after sertraline didn't work when I tried to go back on it. OCD blew up as soon as I stopped my previous SSRI and I ended up sick. Always consult your doctor and if you have severe OCD, it's an SSRI for life... Fluoxetine had the usual side effects: suicidal, anxious, worsening of depression and tiredness. Unfortunately you just have to work through this with these meds. After a few weeks I started to see some slow progress and my obsessions decreased. I was still severely depressed and I augmented this with risperidone. That too made me a bit crazy for a few days but after a couple of weeks I was able to return to work after 3 months off. These meds take time. 18 months on I'm just on fluoxetine 60mg and feel great!"

Gregocd February 15, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on fluoxetine 20mg for six months. It took about 8 weeks to notice any positive mood changes. After a few weeks of starting it I began to feel like I was living in a fog and had a difficult time concentrating but that eventually went away and turned into optimism and feeling great. Please give it a couple of months to work. It takes time to kick in. After 8 weeks I felt good and happy for a while but recently have relapsed into anxiety and depression again. My MD has now upped my dosage to 40mg. I am hopeful I will get the happiness and optimism back again soon from the higher dose."

darksideofthemoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Taken for 9 days now. I take this with 1mg Ativan 2x daily as needed. First few days I was tired, had a couple weepy moments, and nausea/full feeling that made me not want to eat. Day 6 I had a bout of insomnia so I'm slowly moving the time I take my meds from the evening to afternoon, then the morning. No real insomnia since - just more of a hard time going back to sleep after waking (back to sleep within 20 mins). I've noticed I'm perkier and friendlier when I talk with people, just can feel some tiredness behind my eyes in the morning usually until the afternoon. I noticed I haven't experienced as many body aches I get from my anxiety as I have in the past. I'm hoping these are all good signs this medication is doing the trick for me."

DawnBreeze (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Depression "I just started Prozac again after being off it for several years. After going off Prozac the first time, I tried battling depression with alternative methods, including yoga, exercise and CBT. Recently I decided I was losing the battle using these methods alone and went back to Prozac. My experience so far is that the medication is working. I have so far not been experiencing the really deep lows while on this medication. I do feel a bit drowsier that usual, although this is not entirely unwelcome as I was having trouble sleeping before and now I find I am able to sleep and nap more easily. Exercise and avoiding alcohol dramatically helps with the drowsiness issue and also helps improve mood further in combination with the Prozac."

AdamQ February 6, 2016

For Depression "Prozac was the first antidepressant I was ever put on and it never really helped me. I couldn't eat normally for several weeks, kept throwing up and while waiting for the side effects to go away my doctor gave me a higher dose and my anxiety seemed to get even worse. About a month in, my suicidal thoughts got worse and I just got reckless with my life because I felt like nothing mattered. After an intervention with my friends I decided to just stop taking it cold turkey, and I really didn't experience that bad of withdrawal effects, I was just glad I wasn't taking it anymore. I would say it made me the most suicidal I'd been in a long time and while it may work wonders for some people it just did not work with me."

rileylane (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "In about 1996 I started Prozac for 13 years and then it stopped working, I was on 2 different meds since then but the last one caused excessive body sweating to the point where I could not work as I work with the public. I just went back on Prozac 3 days ago and I already feel so calm and rational. When I was on it for those 13 years my doctor said I was the poster child for Prozac as I had no symptoms. So far I do not have any. I love Prozac."

RemiB January 29, 2016

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've recently started taking prozac and have never been on an ssri before but have always thought I needed one for my constant worrying thoughts and random depression. I haven't been taking it for very long and already feel like a weight has been lifted. I feel happier and it's easier to get rid of my bad thoughts that previously consumed my life. I feel better than I've ever felt amd wish I would have tried it sooner!"

Aj2817 January 24, 2016

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next