User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.3
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 640 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "I was surprised to feel lightly speedy my first dose as I heard the serotonin has to accumulate in the body. I had a major head injury in July 1998. I have memory and attention to details problem. Intellectually I'm fine. I notice my attention to detail has changed for the better. Naturally the memory problem caused by damage to the hippocampus is still there and might be somewhat ameliorated, but I am having that tested later this month to compare my score with older testing. Otherwise my impression might be subjective reflecting wishful thinking. I like this medication and hope it stays effective."

Anni_Mc April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 18 and have suffered from major anxiety and depression causing frequent panic attacks for roughly two years. I've been on Prozac for four nights now and whilst it is to early to tell if the drug will help me, I am experiencing some side effects. In the last four nights I've had about eight hours of sleep and constant head aches. On my first day I felt drowsey and unfocused and after that I think it was a combination of depression, Prozac and lack of sleep. I'm hoping these will wear off in time like I've been told but don't know if they will come back again (if they go away at all) if my GP ups my dosage from 1/2 a tablet to 1 a night. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I plan to ask my GP at my next appointment."

Insomnia101 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I should have been on this sooner. I'm a 26 year old recent law school graduate enduring the bar exam- unfortunately twice. My first round of studying I was crying daily, couldn't sleep, was irritable, extremely depressed, anxious- I am normally these things, but it was heightened by the bar exam. My first time taking the exam, I didn't come close to finishing the exam on the second day. I was crying and couldn't control my panic attacks. Second round of studying for the test, I decided to see a psychiatrist who gave me Prozac. I love it. I feel like a normal person. A better version of who I was. I feel even, I don't have panic attacks, don't cry, I feel great."

Tammy6789 April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed 2-3 weeks ago...was so happy to finally have something I thought would help prescribed to me. I tried it for two days...felt my depression/scary scenarios get worse, so I stopped. Depression was still there but not as bad as it is when I am on the pill. I took it again to see if it will finally work this time...it's my 3rd day, still feeling worse but I'm trying to wait for it to work because I've read it works after 2-3 weeks. So I hope it helps... :/"

MissLR April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Young male early 20s. I suffer from major depression as well as anxiety. I tried 20mg Prozac only because it supposedly gives people more energy. The first 1-2 weeks I experienced side effects such as extreme fatigue and increased anxiety. After 2-3 weeks I began to feel better, however, it worked until it seemed to stop after about a month. It still helped relieve my symptoms slightly, but I had returning feelings of fear, panic, negativity etc and never felt more energized. I stopped taking it and after 3 days immediately felt much better. I ended up switching back to 10mg Lexapro because it worked great for me. Prozac helped somewhat, but for those who struggle mostly with depression/anxiety, I'd try more selective SSRIs personally."

RainyDay423 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I used prozac in the past for 3-9 months twice and had no side effects apart from some headache for a few weeks. Now I have been on it again for 3 weeks and this time I am suffering SEVERE side effects. Physical ones include heavy fogginess/head pressure, sleeplessness, muscle tension, blurred vision and loss of appetite and weight loss. Mentally I have also worsened. Anxiety is really high, especially in the mornings, feelings of hopelessness an inability to cope with life, suicidal thoughts (that I never really had before), inability to focus/read and feel motivated. Now at 3 weeks I have some moments in the afternoon of feeling calmer but it is rather unpleasant numbness. I hope it improves going forward, but it has been very tough."

lulondon (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am a different person when I'm on this, and in a good way. It helps me keep stable. The first time I was on it, I got really sick and felt terrible. I tried it again on a lower dose and built my way up and now I'm doing well on it!"

deehee (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bulimia "Has not worked for my belumia. I still throw up almost every meal. I don't throw up after taking it because I know I need it."

deehee (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This is my 4th review since 2014. Prozac has almost completely eliminated my anxiety episodes. Weight loss ceased some time ago and I gained weight back most likely due to drinking. Appetite is normal, bowel movements are more normal than ever-sorry, but when I had severe anxiety that was a big problem. I can speak in large group settings with no problem, travel without issues and deal with stressful situations effectively. Overall, I feel great with no side effects. Cons: Drinking can be an issue. Definitely drink moderately, eat before drinking and drink plenty of water. Alcohol can sneak up on you and cause drowsiness or blackouts. Believe me I know......."

wickedsmile March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "after about 3 weeks on prozac, or as I like to call it CRAPZAC. I was more depressed than ever before. Before crapzac I had only considered suicide a few times, But after my 4th week I actually attempted it. Thankfully my sister found me and brought me to the hospital, where they asked if i had been on any medication, and ordered me to stop taking it. And I was trapped at the hospital in the psych ward for 9 days, having 2 sessions with the counsellor every day, strapped down to my bed for the first few days, and not allowed to use the bathroom for 2 days, this stuff made my life into a living hell. After being released, I have now started seeing a therapist and now I've been practicing yoga and meditation, with no meds, and I feel great"

sallygally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This was prescribed for my 14-year-old's anxiety/depression and panic attacks. It turned our lives upside down, my daughter was on it for three terrible weeks. It increased her anxiety and the severity of her panic attacks by a lot. The black box warning happened, my daughter was suicidal on several occasions. We did gene testing during this time (Genomind) and it showed she would have an adverse reaction to it. Took her off of it and within two days she felt much better. Genetic testing should be protocol for all doctors prescribing these meds, and please be cautious giving your teenager anti-depressants."

Never Prozac Again for Us (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Hello All, I decided to post my experience with Prozac to support others as well. I was suffering from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Prior to this I had no prior history from my mental disorders, so this was all new to me.. ( it was also interfering with my life, work, social life) I decided to see a psychiatrist. She Recommended Prozac. The first 4 weeks it was really tough. I had really bad nausea, I had constant headaches, I felt like my brain was being rewired, I felt out of it, I couldn't sleep well. Once I hit the 5th week and beyond everything started getting better, I have been on for 4 Months on Prozac and I feel like my old self, I feel normal again and all the symptoms are gone and the anxiety and panic attacks are gone."

LILYF March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a male early 20s, I suffer from major depression, anxiety and occasional panic. I started Prozac 20mg and now in my 5th week of treatment. The first 2 weeks I felt no relief, suffered from side effects such as fatigue, anxiety, and disrupted sleep patterns. Beginning of the 3rd week I began to feel a noticeable difference. My thoughts became less negative, I just felt less depressed/anxious than usual, and side effects have almost gone away. Then into my 3rd/4th week I began to feel better and better each day. It seems much more gradual than other antidepressants. Now into my 5th week I do feel MUCH better. However, it is still early for me and I have had 1 set back caused by excessive alcohol/marijuana use. Overall, stick with it!"

MDA51 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "It has really helped my depression. I used to cry a lot, not want to do anything. I'm much calmer about stressful things & less irritable. I thank God for this medication & the who started me on my meds!"

Jensue February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Admittedly, when I started Prozac and up until I stopped taking it, I was not very honest with my therapist on my emotional state, so I never changed medication despite it's lack of effect on me. I was taking it to help with my depression and anxiety, and it didn't help with either. It didn't have any negative effects on me, but it didn't have any positive effects either. I had started at 10 mg, went up to 20 mg, and finally 40 mg. For each one, it seemed to help at first but wouldn't after around two weeks. Although it wasn't right for me, I know that it's been quite helpful to friends of mine and it wouldn't hurt to try it out yourself."

Anonnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been suffering from anxiety and paranoia for about 6 months now. The past month has been extreme with constant thought that I'm going to die, when health wise I'm perfectly fine besides needing to lose a few pounds. It has gotten to the point where every ache and pain makes me think something is wrong with me and that I'm going to die. I fear being alone with my 8 months old the most. I fear something will happen to me and nobody will know and my baby will be alone in the house until daddy gets home. I tried almost everything except medicine because I am scared of side effects. Prescribed fluoxetine 20mg. I've had the prescription for 2 weeks and been holding off. I finally gave in and started today. Your posts give me hope."

MIC89 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication was terrible. The warning about "initial" anxiety was concerning , but I figured I would give it a go anyways. This was a horrible mistake. My anxiety was so bad that I had tremors in my arms and legs and lost 2 lbs in only 2 weeks of taking it."

Stardream February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was first put on wellbutrin at 300mg then 450mg but that kept me up and I really wasn't feeling much of a difference. The doctor added Prozac 20mg. For the first 3 days I could sleep. After that if feels like I'm coming off a caffeine high as I get very tired but I never experience a high in energy. I get hot flashes and sweat about 25-30mins after taking it but then it goes away. I yawn all the time. Another thing I've noticed since I've been on it was decreased sexual mood and ejaculation feels weird, just weird. I'm not emotionless but sadness, depression and anger seem to not be present. Decreased appetite and lost a little weight. No other side effects experience."

Nightowl83 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "It made my anxiety worse and caused me to have bad depression and bad diarrhea "

Anxiety.101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac (10mg) worked great for my depressive symptoms- I had energy and was motivated. I had no issues with weight gain or my sex drive. It did however, significantly increase my anxiety- I had scary obsessive, intrusive thoughts, along with bad episodes of panic that came out of nowhere. I was scared to drive, go over bridges- there was always this fear of "what if?" Everything that I could be anxious about, I was. I had a very difficult time quieting my mind, and at times I thought i was going crazy. Very scary experience overall. For those suffering from depression, Im sure this RX is a God-send, but much too "speedy" for my body."

Anonymous February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I'm on week 6 of Prozac and it saved my life. I went through a semester of major life changes (engagement, graduation, moving across country, major weight gain from stress, living with fiancee's parents, and stopped being able to see my friends) which resulted in me becoming severely depressed. I've NEVER been depressed in my life I'm the most bubbly person ever. Well when I started to get into a deep black hole and also having suicidal ideation (never had before) I decided to go to the doctor. She started me on 10mg for 4 weeks and with some change (75% better) we decided to try 20mg for 100%. I'm only on week 6 of being on prozac all together and it saved my life, my relationship and my joy. PLEASE give it time. I'm praying for you all!"

Vicvac February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "For me, Prozac was unfortunately not so much of a success. I didn't feel worse but I didn't feel great either. I started taking it in Oct 2016 with a dose of 10 mg, then upped to 20mg and eventually to 40 mg. So really I changed doses 3 times in 3 months. (Which is probably not the best since you don't get to get use to the drug.) but anyways I wasn't feeling any better. Still felt down and very depressed. My psychiatrist has officially switched me to Venlafaxine (which I'm afraid of, since the reviews of that drugs aren't all positives). I have to say, while on the Prozac, sometimes I felt good but the majority of the time, I felt very depressed (not because of the drug). My side effects were fatigue and diarrhea."

jcl987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've tried many diffrent antidepressants over the years and never found one that worked for me. After each pregnancy my mood got worse. I couldn't get out of bed and get anything done. I never wanted to do anything outside the house. I also would yell all the time due to irritability. Prozac has made me more calm. I don't jump right to yelling cause someone was " annoying me." When you first start it, for about 3 weeks u feel weird. Spacy, clumsy and I couldn't sleep. I lost weight right away cause I wasn't eating to fill a void. Don't stop cause u feel loopy in the beginning! It has changed my life. Me and my husband are getting along better! 1 NEG I twitch. My legs arms hips will twitch when I stop moving. I take 60mg. Helps me before my period 2"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed prozac generic 20 mg 2 weeks ago by my doctor. I had a rough patch with a family member which led to extreme anxiety/OCD, I had panic attacks and left work on several ocassions. This led to depression, felt like surrounded by a dark cloud. I am male in my late 30's and never suffered with this before so it really scared me. I thought I was going crazy. Finally decided to get help after 2 months. I was very nervous to take after some reviews.It's been 2 weeks and I feel SO much better. Is seemed like 1 day I woke up and the depression and anxiety just faded. I had some side effects for first 5 days...mental fogginess, drowsiness, headache, waking up early but all went away. hope this helps and stick with it!! exercise helps too."

thegoldstandard1981 January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Before I was on Prozac,I would just feel sad all the time..I had been feeling like crying alot,and just in this constant depressive state. One day,I went to the doctor's office..I broke down, almost cried and told the doctor what was going on. He was so understanding,and said he was gonna start me on an antidepressant. So after having been on Prozac 20mg going on my 2nd week, I feel so much better. I'm more positive ,I don't get into hardly any depressive modes anymore ,and it feels like I finally have my life back. Plus the doctor added in a daily dose of .05 mg of Ativan to help ease with the panic attacks. I feel so much calmer, happier, and I'm able to function better at work. The combination of Prozac and Ativan works wonders for me:)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017