User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Reviews for Bupropion to treat Dysthymia

"I'm a 6'1" slightly overweight 19 year old male... Started taking this medication after being prescribed by my doctor to help me with motivation as I've gained a lot of weight and had become sluggish since about 2 years ago when I was first diagnosed with OCD and social anxiety. My hellish anxiety and insomnia have disappeared after a couple different medications and meditation. What I'm getting from these reviews, generally, is that Day 3 is when this medication takes effect, hopefully this will help me get back in the gym and lose the weight I have gained during the peak of my anxiety. Hoping to go from the fattest I've been in 2 decades to athletic Will post a follow up in the future, hopefully I won't be a tub of lard! -RJK"

OCD96 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

"Got Wellbutrin prescribed for dysthymia, 150 mg in the morning. On the fourth day, after a terrible night coughing, quit my 20-a-day cigarette habit cold turkey. Bupropion does work! The physical cigarette cravings disappear. You just have to fight the habit, which is not easy, but if you say no, well, no it is. And for the dysthymia, perhaps it is too early to tell. Irritation is not as bad as before, but it is more a flatliner feeling than a positive one. Not sad anymore, but not happy either. No bad side effects, perhaps the only one is that you do not sleep as much, so it is better to change your habits and start doing more things during the day and getting to bed later, so you can get at least 5 hours of decent sleep."

Notsadanymore (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

"I didn't even have side effects"

phenylalanine (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015