User Reviews for Seroquel (Page 6)

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 242 reviews 28 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 27 reviews 27 medications

7.1
Schizophrenia 17 reviews 42 medications

6.1
Summary of Seroquel reviews 286 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "Got diagnosed with bipolar disorder three months ago, and started on Seroquel 50 mg at night. It has helped me a lot, and I feel like a totally different person (in a good way - I've suffered for 10 years!). At first I just thought I was in a "normal" phase (not manic or depressive) - but the depressions usually sneaks up on me after a few weeks when I've felt normal before. Not had any side-effects, other than restless legs syndrome, but I've had that before, so it wasn't a biggie. This side-effect has also almost disappeared after a few months. Was so scared of weight gain, but I watched what I eat, and work out a lot, instead I've gotten skinnier and healthier. Thumbs up! I got my life back! "

Siri86 November 5, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Seroquel for 7 years, after 20 years of delusional thoughts, mania, and large amounts of depression. It worked within two weeks and I noticed that when I woke up each day that my delusional thoughts were getting easier to identify and let go of. It changed my life. Since taking Seroquel, I have been able to learn how to drive, work in permanent jobs, save money, travel overseas, socialise, have a successful relationship and reconnect with the real me. I have also worked on my cognitive and emotional development and continue to attend counselling. I have gained 30kgs, but this has probably come about due to the combination of Seroquel, inactivity, diet and Sleep Apnea (of which I have only just been diagnosed)."

Seanie October 16, 2014

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "When I first took Seroquel, I had the side effects of a type of motion sickness, as my head would whirl about, and I never knew if I was whirling or the surroundings were. I didn't want to stay on it, but was advised to give it longer. And to change from XR to regular. I did, and after about 6 weeks (from memory) I adjusted to it. Yes, I was so tired, went to cut a 300mg into halves, then to 200mg's, now to 300 mg again. Seroquel works for me, I've been on it for approx 18mnths or so. I sleep, my mind doesn't race or think or roam. I get a deep sleep. I was advised to get up early and it will wear off- yes, that happens. But it's not easy."

Koalamaiden October 10, 2014

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "No problems, watch what you eat."

Charlieaffective (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2014

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine turned me into a zombified eating machine. I put on 30 pounds in one month. It was also extremely sedating. "

Scorpionis (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2014

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed 50mg of Seroquel at bedtime to help sleep. It works wonders for that, it didn't help much with my anxiety. I also take 1,000mg of Depakote per day and 20mg of Dexedrine ER for ADHD. The Depakote is no longer effective enough and my doctor is thinking about switching me to Lithium."

intent2dement (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2014

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel helped my paranoia and really kept me mentally stable, but I also was tired all the time, sometimes sleeping for 15 hours a day. I also gained 30 pounds within three months of being on Seroquel. I wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone who does not wish to rapidly gain weight."

0rdinarymadness September 24, 2014

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Somewhat hit or miss on mania, racing thoughts and the like. Pretty effective as a sleep aid though. Currently taking 300mg as needed as it was mainly prescribed for sleep. It is as effective as benzodiazepines in that regard, without the benzo withdrawal. It does leave me feeling gritty and nasty the next morning though, but it's better than insomnia."

AnonAnonAnon September 16, 2014

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Feeling depressed, cried first thing I woke up."

lipo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2014

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has worked wonderful for me so far! Levels out my ups and downs. No racing thoughts. Doesn't make me aggressive. Helps with my post traumatic stress disorder also!"

JesusFreak1967 June 16, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "When first diagnosed another medication was prescribed. I then researched Seroquel. Being an insomniac I asked my PVC if I could try it. It made life so much easier. I began to control my agitation with others. I used to fly off the handle and what I call "my crazy" would come out. If looks could kill I would be guilty of numerous killings. I am able to be in situations that are less than desirable without offending anyone. It was a challenge being around others who were not as intelligent and immature whereas now I recognize how I should interact with them. My true personality is seen rather than the perception that followed me for the majority of my life."

eguzman8586 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Helps you stable and calm"

yayo53 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2014

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true."

Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2014

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects. "

pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them."

insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2014

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome."

Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2014

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg."

i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2014

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel gave me my life back, calms me down and helps me think clearly during the day, and helps me sleep well during the night. Makes your mouth a bit dry and makes you hungry often but definitely worth it."

littlelor March 15, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Works for me."

kmanza3 March 11, 2014

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was off meds for awhile and thought I was fine - nope! Had a manic episode. I take 100 to 150mg of Seroquel at night. Before this, I took Geodon and lost weight, but I had uncontrollable muscle movements, I didn't want to switch but my family was embarrassed by my non stop hand movements. I switched to Seroquel and feel a million times better. I sleep great (used to not sleep for days). BUT, I have gained 40 lbs. I wake up the next morning and see what I ate the night before and get so irritated with myself. It makes me want to eat everything bad for me. If I don't eat, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't feel foggy, but well rested...then again, I sleep till 8 or 9am. To me, it's worth the weight gain to feel stable."

HappyBella (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I take 400 mg Seroquel at bedtime. I sleep a lot better but as far as my bipolar symptoms I see no real difference."

playboybuddyrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2014

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Hi, Unfortunately this medication does not suit me as I get a lot of the undesirable side effects. Slurred speech, terrible confusion, drowsiness but not able to sleep, cravings for sugary foods, a sort of spaced out feeling, and restless leg. Apart from that it's great! :) Wish I could continue taking it, but it's not worth the side effects in my case."

tiredoftablets (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "I take Seroquel for bipolar, I had side effects when first taking it such as couldn't wake in the morning and sluggish, it took me a couple of months to get used to it, now I take it at about 10.30pm asleep within 20 mins and up at about 8.30 am, well rested, it has been great for my mania, which can last weeks at a time. I feel so normal again, I take 100mg a night with 600mg of Tegrotol you just have to give it time to do it's thing, the side effects go away. I have no weight gain at all on Tegrotol, it's the opposite, I'm losing weight."

Macca d January 8, 2014

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "For me personally, the weight gain WAS dose-related. I gained over 200 lbs. by the time I got up to 600mg a day. Even so, it does wonders for my schizo-affective and depression disorders."

solitude solace (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2014

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've suffered from bipolar and psychosis as early as 6th grade. It took about 15 years to get seen, by that time I was completely detached from reality. After trying expensive placebos with bad side effects and high hype, I tried Seroquel. It works on the psychosis, mania and depression I've experienced in trade for being a little sleepy. Seroquel is so far the only medication that works by itself & which I can function even after missing a dose (not recommended). It's all about risk versus controlling symptoms with these medications. If you've found something effective for treating the symptoms, the next step is finding the cause. This illness is like a sleeping dragon, you must keep it asleep or you'll get burned, Seroquel helps."

SeroquelBroughtMeBack (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2013