User Reviews for Lexapro (Page 2)

Learn more about Lexapro.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 254 reviews 7 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 33 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Lexapro reviews 1172 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Lexapro

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I suffered a bad panic attack my senior year of college and that experience seemed to open the floodgates of anxiety that I had been keeping dormant most of my life. It was tough for me to get out of the house, go to the gym, see friends and family for months. I finally broke down to my mom and she suggested seeing a therapist. At first I was hesitant to take any meds but I finally gave in and started 10mg of generic Lexapro. Worked wonders and felt fantastic. I stopped taking it a year or so later thinking that I was "cured". Let me tell you, that was a mistake. My GAD has come back with a vengeance. Started up on the 10 mg lexapro about 10 days ago and I almost feel worse. Maybe it's just taking its time now but I'm hopeful it will be ok."

TryingToSeeTheUpside March 29, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I began taking 5 mg of lexapro 10 days ago, for postpartum depression/anxiety. It has been a lifesaver. The initial side effects faded within a week. I take it in the morning, because I knew that it would possibly make me jittery at first. I had tiredness in the afternoon and evening and a loss of appetite for the first 5 days, but those have faded completely. I searched and searched for positive reviews on this drug for postpartum depression/anxiety and could not find any. If anyone is on the fence about taking medication for postpartum depression, please consider it for a temporary aid in getting you past it."

tiffaday March 24, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Lexapro after some fairly rough depression and anxiety. I had been in the hospital 3 times in 2 weeks for anxiety attacks. The first day after Lexapro, I felt the depression gone. Literally the first day. However, the first 3-4 weeks were rough. I definitely had nausea and was VERY sleepy. But after about a month, the nausea and sleepiness went away. A nurse at our doctor's office basically told me to suck it up, and that I had to give the medicine time to work. I toughed it out, and after about 6 weeks, it was like a cloud was lifted and I have felt AMAZING ever since. I didn't realize that I have probably had depression and/or anxiety for decades until I found out what it was like to feel great. Still great after a year."

Chris_Kansas March 24, 2017

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This changed my entire world.. I'm 21 Female I've been on Lexapro for 3 months now. My experience, there was a very quick change in my life. I was not aware I had major depression, that was the real kicker. I do not remember a time I felt this alive/"normal"/happy/connected."

Krissycat0 March 21, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "30. Male. I was completely lethargic and I had pretty bad anxiety. I always stressed about job assignments at work and rarely ever wanted to leave my room at home. I had no energy and I frequently called into work. I thought I had low testosterone so I had some bloodwork done, my doctor prescribed me lexapro 10mg in the meantime and I felt my anxiety and depression just disappear. I remember the moment I knew the medication was working when I was sitting on my porch feeling glad to be alive for once, enjoying the weather and just smiling. I feel like my old self before the crazy depression. Yawning and diarrhea is annoying. But I'll take that to enjoy little pleasures in life again."

Theaudiowar (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking lexapro 10mg since Jan. It has helped with my depression. But I started feeling down an anxious. So I asked for my dose to go up. I'm now on 20mg. I can feel the difference. I do take clonazepam for when feel my anxiety kicks in. However I've come down feeling very sick since starting the 20mg like I did when I started the 10mg. Not a very great side affect. I also get very sleepy so I do have to take it at bedtime. Dreams seem very real. Scary real. Hopefully I don't have to be on very long when my vitamin d goes up to its normal levels."

chyster March 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I am in week 3 of this medication for generalized anxiety & panic. So far, it's been great besides my constant drowsiness. Does anyone have this as well?! Will this side effect pass?! In the past I was on 20mg of Celexa (beginning in 2011 until 2016) I decided to come off my celexa last summer which was a terrible idea as my anxiety and panic came back stronger than ever. My doctor suggested lexapro and I have noticed a change in my anxiety and panic! Just drowsy."

Linds77777777 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was suffering from major depression and anxiety disorder. I had adverse reactions to Zoloft and Trazodone so I was beginning to believe there was no hope. I could not function and the anxiety disorder caused high blood pressure, anorexia and absolute dysfunction of my life. I couldn't go for more than a few hours without xanax. Then my doctor put me on Lexapro. I began taking 5mg a day on 3/1/2017. After 11 days a miracle occurred, I woke up with a positive attitude for the 1st time in ages and each day has been even better. There is hope. Side effects for me was morning fatigue so will switch to taking at bedtime. My blood pressure was 107/66 today at my doctor appointment. I don't even need the xanax and I am hungry for once."

Annieisfinenow (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've experienced major depression along with high anxiety. Lexapro has been FANTASTIC for me in helping to get rid of my depression AND helping my anxiety significantly. I've tried Prozac, and compared to the two Lexapro has given me much less side effects, has not interacted with other drugs I take, works faster, and has given me my life back. Overall, I think anyone who is suffering with depression, but also has high anxiety can definitely benefit from this drug. It's been great for me and I think it's worth a shot for anyone who isn't having much luck with other SSRIs."

deagle415 March 12, 2017

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was prescribed lexapro about a year after my assault. I took only one pill. It made me feel worse than the anxiety it self. I was in a daze all day not sure how I made to college that day and back home. Walking was like I was drunk and the overall feeling inside me was horrible. what a waste of $65.00 back then."

creativenina March 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My anxiety and depression really bogged me down and made me bound to my bed until I started taking lexapro. Honestly the first 1-3 weeks the side effects are very rough as your brain has to get accustomed to the changing of chemicals. I had blurry vision, dizziness, sweating issues and felt weird, but I stuck to it and eventually started waking up earlier than ever which was uncharacteristic and started enjoying life. This drug is great and makes me want to major in Psych. Recommend"

Brando33555 March 6, 2017

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on lexapro for about 2 weeks. The first few days I felt amazing. I just got a kick of energy and happiness. It felt great. Soon after that I was majorly depressed again and back to my suicidal thoughts. Everything that goes along with depression. Hopefully it begins working soon."

Gerxcxsline March 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was on a number of meds before my doctor put me on Lexapro.. they were all horrible and made my anxiety worse. I was starting to lose hope that I would never find a medication to help. Thankfully Lexapro is helping! It's a lifesaver!! I could tell a difference after the first day..I'm much more "normal" I don't fly into a rage so easily, I don't feel overwhelmed constantly and I'm not irritated all the time for no reason. My moods are much more stable. Before Lexapro I seriously felt like I was losing it. My husband even told me he notices a huge difference in me since being on this. I'm also prescribed klonopin for my anxiety but since being on Lexapro I haven't had a need to take it. I love Lexapro!"

AmberLynnxX (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've taken this medication for a year and a half after switching from Zoloft (that wasn't helping at all) and while Lexapro somewhat improved my anxiety I haven't seen a major difference. I still get anxiety attacks every now and then and get depressed to the point I cry a lot. I personally find xanax to work much better for my anxiety but everyone is different."

76574 March 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I started taking lexapro for anxiety and depression. My anxiety was so bad at times, I felt like I was having mini panic attacks. The worst part of my day was the thought of waking up and having to go to work. I have 3 children and felt like I couldn't take care of them, thank god for my family. Besides the occasional Advil for a headache, I do not take any other medications and didn't really like the idea of being on this type of medication. BUT, you know what? I have a family, friends, a career, and house, so if I have to take a little pill to feel better, then so be it. I'm just glad I don't have to suffer and there is help out there."

Beach bunny82 March 3, 2017

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Lexapro is great. I take it along with Lamictol for bipolar treatment. Although overall stable, I am subject to bouts of depression and found that Lexapro increases enhances mood lessens the severity and length of depression. I take 15 mg/day; will go to manic at 20mg/day"

Velveteen Rabbit (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have suffered from Anxiety and Panic attacks since my 20's sporadically. Now in my 40's recurrence has significantly increased due to a series of personal events to a point that I was starting to be afraid of being alone. I was hesitant to initiate medication but 3 weeks into it I feel the best I have felt in a long time. The first two weeks are tough, with nausea, dizzyness and headaches but it is worth it."

GFR February 28, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I take 10mg daily beginning two years ago for anxiety. The only side affect was for the first week. All I wanted to do was sleep. My body relaxed so much, I was not sleep deprived anymore. Afterwards it levelled off. My Dr. and I keep constant checkups and it's working out great."

Janeygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I'm a 47 years old man that had NEVER ever in my life had taken an anti depressent. I have always had anxiety and would take xanax as needed .25mg. First few weeks of February I had a lot of negative things happen in my life and my anxiety went through the roof and I was borderline depressed. My Dr Perscribed me Lexapro 10mg. THAT WAS THE WORST 8 DAYS OF MY LIFE. I got upset stomach. And in the first 3 days I started talking to myself and had suicidal thoughts and aggression. I was absolutely scared out of my mind. My anxiety worsened to the point where I couldn't sleep for 3 days. I was literally dying inside. So my Dr stopped it. Then withdrawal set in. 5 days later I'm coming out of it. I'm on seroquel now. MUCH BETTER. Actually helps the anxiety."

Anonymous February 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Lexapro was a life saver for me. It helped me complete every day tasks that I could not do before taking this drug. I've tried nearly every other SSRI but this one was the best. The only negative part about this drug is the withdrawal symptoms. They are HORRIBLE. I recently found out I was pregnant and I had to cut down my dose according to my Dr. I was super dizzy, very faint and unable to leave my house. If I didn't have to stop these drugs, I would still be okay. However, slowly weening off these drugs have caused me to slip in a horrible anxious state."

JayH77425 February 26, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on Lexapro 10 mg for six weeks. I was really nervous to start, because I have never taken any type of medication before. The first few weeks I did have side effects (including, nausea, dry mouth, and a kind of out of it feeling). It worried me but I stuck it out to four weeks, because all of my medical friends insisted that I do. I am so glad that I did! I feel so at ease about everything that used to control my mind excessively. I am so much more bubbly and comfortable with conversations with others. It really just took that edge off for me. All of the side effects have gone away. I strongly recommend."

fattah February 24, 2017

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I developed severe panic attacks. I felt like I was dying or going to pass out. Something was seriously wrong with me. Logically I knew nothing was going to happen but then the panic came anyone I left the house. Shaking, sweating, disorentation, couldn't breathe etc etc. Starting lexapro was hard. I started at small dose of 5mg and had to adjust to it. Nothing more than I already felt. After about 2 weeks I started to not notice I was taking anything. And then all the sudden I was at a store and I forgot to panic, I felt fine. I do have panic attacks still they are not gone but better. There are situations I still can't handle but daily living, going to work, school function, dinner etc I can now do."

Outrightscared February 15, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Before lexapro I spent the majority of my time sleeping in bed and hiding away from people, plus I felt really depressed. It's really good for anxiety. I rarely worry anymore. I only focus on solutions and try not to worry about the things I can't control, and lexapro has helped me feel more emotionally balanced."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on 10mg of lexapro for a little over a month now. My depression like I've said before has lifted. I do have some spells here & there. My anxiety is still an issue just not as bad as it was. However I did start getting jittery/shaky. I'm not sure what that could be caused from!? I do take clonezapam when I start to feel those symptoms coming on. But I'm trying to not depend on it. I'm not sure if my dose of the lexapro needs to go up, I really don't want to go up. I'm hoping I can go off this medication by summer time."

Crazybaby February 11, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been taking lexapro for about six months now. I was put on it for a panic attack and mild depression. I am someone who never takes meds unless I have too and was very worried about being on this drug because I feared the side affects when it would be time to get off. I decided on therapy and lexapro. I am only on ten milagrams, 39 and petite. I can't say that this drug has caused me weight gain but if I am extra hungry I choose a healthier snack. I will say that the first few days of taking the med I did feel tired, and tense in my arms but I will say the panic attack attributed to that. I am doing great I am more relaxed and happier . Therapy is key too. Hang in there and talk to someone!!"

Zoeroc123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017