User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 6.6
Back Pain 6.0
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.4 1,464 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I was put on 60 mg of Cymbalta during an acute arthritis flare up, and after about a year I wanted to taper off of it. It killed my libido. and it didn’t significantly help with pain. Then the real nightmare began! Trying to go down in the tiniest increments brought on intense mood swings, crying for no reason, and horrible brain “zaps” that made life unmanageable. This stuff is TOXIC!!!!!!!”

GB · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I understand we all react differently to medications. Effexor was working well but due to severe scoliosis my psych switched me to Cymbalta. It had the opposite effect in every way. I became angry, irritable, suicidal, anxious, had insomnia, sleep paralysis, nightmares, and my pain worsened. After 6 weeks I switched back to Effexor on my own until I got in to see my psych to do the same. These side effects are hit or miss and I always recommend giving all new meds at least 3 weeks, so take this review with discernment, but if you encounter these effects, they will likely stay. Effexor may be harder on the liver, but the difference is night and day, and adding Rexulti finally broke through a decade long wall.”

a person · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 as well as anxiety, OCD, ADD, depression etc. I decided to start going down off my 900 mg of lithium due to the fact that I felt it was not helping much anymore. So my psych prescribed me 20 mg dose of Cymbalta to start to help with my severe anxiety. For the first month I noticed a small change in the way I felt. So we decided to go up to 30 mg. One week after starting the new dose, my life changed. I remember waking up one morning and just being happy. Everything seemed lighter and my anxiety as well as depression lifted. Unfortunately two months into that, my bipolar mania symptoms started coming back. So we are trying to figure out how to safely manage all symptoms. All in all, Cymbalta has made the biggest difference in my life.”

Kmkm · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

For Depression: “I just started 4 weeks ago I do feel no emotion now except tears not what I was expecting on higher dose”

FunnyBone February 8, 2020

For Depression: “I just want to share my positive experience with Cymbalta, since there are so many negative reviews out here. Before this drug, I was on Celexa, then Lexapro...for depression, anxiety disorder and panic attacks. The SSRIs left me feeling flat inside and there were days I couldn't even get out of bed. Cymbalta has changed my life. I have no depression at the moment and have much more energy. I'm more social and have started working out again. In the first few weeks, I had minor side effects - fatigue, brain fog, headaches and nausea. They went away after a few weeks. Glad I stuck it out.”

popolopo · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Tried Cymbalta for leg pain. It helps but it is impossible to sleep so I quit.”

K&55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

For Depression: “I have "anxious depression" and I have been taking this drug about one month. I had started at 30mg for a week and then switched to 60mg until now. The first days were horrible when I had been sleeping about 12 hours per day had the feeling nausea, but finally after few days everything was fine. Anxiety is totally gone and I don't feel exhausted from my mood. I feel more powerful and my mood is much better but in any case ok I am not happy. I also, sleep very good. I will stick on this medicine. I recommend to follow doctors prescriptions.”

Lexi20 · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I was scared to take this med after the reviews. An anxiety attack triggered me to finally try it. I took 1 tablet 30 mg yesterday afternoon with lunch and experienced nothing until night. I was having constant random visions all night, when I finally got up in the morning I began shaking, my skin felt like it was burning, I was on fire hot, and my mouth was so incredibly dry. Then I got the chills. Shaking, burning skin, chills, dizziness went all day. I was wiped out tired and could not eat. I was in bed all of this beautiful day until 4:30pm when I forced myself up. Honestly I felt poisoned. I drank 2 gallons of water waiting to flush this out of my body. It was about 28 hours from the time I took it until I felt somewhat back to normal.”

greengirl4444 January 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “I love this drug! changed my life.. I had severe migraines and depression and after taking this my pain level in my head on bad days went from 10/10 to 5/10. (and I now take ajovy shot so mostly pain free days for that ) but my depression and anxiety went away for 3 years! Not kidding.. I even started exercising. I started off on 30mg dose and went after a month to 60mg no side effects except harder to pee but whatever. I am debating now to go up to 80mg because after 3 years getting a little of my depression back. But this good great for nerve pain and depression I highly recommend..”

Smack · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

For Depression: “Horrible medication. I had been on it for about a month when I tragically lost my best friend. I couldn’t mourn, I had no emotion. It wasn’t like I didn’t care, it was like I couldn’t care. If making you numb to life and everything around you is the goal of Cymbalta, they knocked it out of the ballpark”

breeta · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “I’ve been taking Cymbalta for 6 weeks. I started out at 30mgs, then up to 60 mgs. It has not helped at all and has made my stress and anxiety MUCH worse. On top of that, I am constantly sweating. Sweat drips down my face and my glasses are constantly fogged up. The weather can be 50 degrees outside and I’m wearing shorts and a TShirt and sweating! My doctor has decided to increase the dosage to 90mgs and I must comply or else be considered a “difficult” patient. I HATE sweating and I hate being so anxious that I hate people. :( I just want my life back and I do not see that happening being constantly annoyed and sweating like I just ran a marathon!”

nostalgicfeelings · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “I've taken this for both depression and fibromyalgia. It helped with the depression for a while but eventually stopped working, and never made a difference with my fibromyalgia pain.”

Relief · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I suffer from many things: depression mostly, chronic back pain, cervical neuropathy, panic attacks, major insomnia, and high anxiety. I have tried almost everything under the sun: Zoloft, Mirtazipine, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lexapro, and now Cymbalta. None of those other medications have helped me. Last night was my first night taking Cymbalta. Normally to fall asleep, I have to take a “cocktail” of meds (zzzquil, benadryl, Advil PM, Ambien- you name it and I’ve taken anything to help my insomnia because I just want one night of good sleep). I was reading all these terrible reviews which scared me, and although I have only taken this med once and the side effects probably haven’t hit me yet, it was the FIRST night I was able to turn my tv off and fall asleep. I slept great!! No cocktail! Insomnia: check! Now let’s see if it can help with chronic pain and depression. I am rating this on the lower scale because it has only been one day.”

Addydawn · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Anxiety: “I am taking Cymbalta 30 mg for a week, now. My primary care physician gave it to me for bilateral hip pain when I sleep. It has been helping. More so, however, it has decreased my anxiety. Amazingly so! I feel calmer and I haven’t been grinding my teeth, which I do all the time from anxiety. It’s working for me. I think the 30 mg dose is plenty.”

kitkat · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

For Depression: “I turned to this drug at my very lowest. Suicidal thoughts and constant lethargy became daily reminders of how depressed I really was. I realized I’d either find a solution or my life would be at risk. The solution was Cymbalta. After 6ish weeks, I began to enjoy activities again and felt very motivated to carry out tasks. My social anxiety now is nearly nonexistent. I’m not happy every day, but the darkness that used to envelope me has subsided and I can say that I see the light at the end of the tunnel (before the drug I couldn’t imagine my life a year in advance because I didn’t know if I’d make it there). My sex drive did suffer a little, but not very much. I will continue to take this drug as long as it continues to help me. Overall, although the withdrawal symptoms may be terrible in the future, Cymbalta truly saved my life and has been worth every penny. Give it time to work and don’t let the negative reviews scare you away if you really need the help.”

Danni · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

For Depression: “Cymbalta is the worse medication ever your nausea will get worse you start to feel completely weak and most of all it makes you go into a deeper depression. Do not by all means take this drug”

Kj · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “So started my first dose of Cymbalta 30mg last night and woke up feeling ok... a bit off and feel weird kinda thing. I don’t like my anxiety so I’m hoping this works :( my main thing I’m worried about is if the I would know if it’s side effects or just my anxiety:( and I’m hoping this medication doesn’t hurt me :(”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “Cymbalta ruin my life! The worst medication on the market! I went into a manic episode and ended up in the hospital! It's not a week later and I'm still feel the side effects!”

Eternal Optimist · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “This drug definitely proved what works for some doesn't for all! A friend tolerates Cymbalta exceptionally well! Having suffered from fibromyalgia for 20++ years, and initially positive results with Venlafaxine, only last year experiencing long-term use side effects I have been attempting to find new medication to treat fibromyalgia / insomnia / RLS to name a few -- Cymbalta caused violent diarrhea, waking me from a sound sleep. Tried a few other times, same response. Only with trying was I able to determine this medication was not compatible for my body.”

Caligrammy · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have been on Cymbalta for 3 weeks and feel great — free of spine pain and aches that follow surgeries. No longer am I taking pain meds or high doses of aspirin. Keep pinching myself that this is real!”

Chris January 14, 2020

For Depression: “I have found that my mood is improving and my pain from clonus isn't as bad the only issue I have is the insomnia but overall I think this medication is helping me”

Kristina A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 29, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “This medication has literally saved my life. I was in a bad place 6 month ago and starting feeling better within 4 days of taking cymbalta. It has made my depression disappear and has made my anxiety much easier to deal with. I even yell at my kids less and am much less reactive. I will never stop taking cymbalta!”

Thomas the Ape · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 26, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “While Cymbalta took care of my major depressive disorder AND my chronic pain, I feel as though I've been chemically castrated from this medication. Not only can I not achieve an erection, but my desire to have sex has virtually disappeared. I decided to quit cold turkey, and man, it's tough. I've had crazy dreams, lots of dizziness, and nausea, but what's great is that my sex drive has exploded. I won't go back on it. Especially since neither my chronic pain, nor any symptoms of my major depressive disorder have returned. Stay off this stuff if you can. I won't go back on it. Not for anything.”

Hope Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Made my symptoms extremely more worse even at higher does. Effexor or lexapro were better”

ShaSha December 22, 2019

For Anxiety: “I’ve been taking Cymbalta for 7 days for anxiety and I hate it! Today has been the worst. I keep forgetting where I’m parked and/or where I’m going as I’m driving down the street/ I will suddenly just be like, where was I going?! ALSO I have been extremely paranoid. Friends think I’m on drugs that are making me twitchy and nervous and that just adds to the anxiety. The one thing I specified to my doctor is that I don’t want to feel like I’m out of control and not myself!! I’m only taking 30mg. I’m weaning off ASAP. Thank goodness it’s only been a week.”