User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 162 reviews 56 medications

Chronic Pain 90 reviews 108 medications

6.1
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1088 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Major Depressive Disorder "although OK when I first stated to take this 30mg caps, then increased to 60 mg daily...after some years , I am showing more signs of tiredness, confusion, anxiety, hot flushes, and forgetfulness and general mental decline, and still get depressed, among symptoms....am truly concerned about this, as is my Husband and children (as I am not yet 65 yrs old)...and have always been in good health. I do not smoke, do drugs, and very seldom drink alcohol...."

Anna - Rose S May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Previous med Lexapro quit working after several years. Cymbalta seemed to work for the 1st week but I think it may have been placebo effect, after about a week my body started hurting and feeling hot from the inside especially my legs below my knees. After about 3 weeks stiff neck, hot flashes, restlessness, anxiety, headaches. 4 weeks all these plus talking in sleep, joint pain, body aches, stiff feeling, trouble focusing and I asked to be taken off it. I was only at 30mg."

Kypr May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "It's not working for my functional abdominal pain"

Asidar (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Horrible headache, drowsiness, feeling of paralysis, and diarrhea"

lonesomecharlie (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "For almost 2 years I had felt like I was exhausted and in pain all of the time. Was told that it was osteoarthritis and because of my getting adult acquired flat feet. Finally went to an arthritis doctor who said it was fibromyalgia and started on Cymbalta two weeks ago. Within 5 days, I felt relief. It have given me hope to be able to do things without constant pain. I still get tired easily, but I can finally sleep at night and not nearly as stiff in the morning. I was scared to death when reading about the side effects. Other than a headache for a few days... that was all for me. Sooo glad it has changed my life."

PJN May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My thoughts on Cymbalta: Cymbalta has left me in a fog. I have no feelings- NONE. Driving is a chore as my eyes are excessively shifty. God forbid you ever forget to take your medication as you will be stricken with these obnoxious little shocks (which I've recently learned were called 'brain zaps'.) My heart beat is erratic. My brain is unable to form the right words when I talk which causes me to pause when I speak. I zone out regularly. I've been trying to taper off of this medication and am on day 9. The withdrawals are debilitating. I cannot focus. My chest and my jaw are tense. My fog has worsened significantly. Driving is dangerous as my vision is blurred. I am angry and easily agitated. I feel like crying but I can't. JUST SAY NO!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have fibromyalgia, and have had this condition for many years. I tried Cymbalta for about two weeks, and never felt like I was in my right mind at all during the time I took it. I would much rather deal with my pain, and feel somewhat alive and painful, rather than a zombie. I do not recommend this drug: it's hard on the liver, your urine will smell very bad, you're going to be extremely sleepy, and a feeling of being not quite right. If that's what it takes to take pain away, I'd much rather work on massage, de-stressing techniques, walks, and praying than to feel like half a human being. That's been my experience, I glad I had the experience, as it taught me there's no easy route to pain relief. My hope is the new sodium-blockers!"

EspírituSpirit May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I just started it , but felt it working already. Compare to Citalopram that I used before. I'm excited cause I have hope that Cymbalta will help with my depression and my back pain"

sylla April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "First 24 hours my experience is as follows: I made up a joke about my experience since I had lots of time last night to think about it; I certainly wasn't sleeping. So I go to this really sleazy bar called 'The Cymbalta'. I order a shot of E Coli. I'm still standing so I tell the bartender to pour me some Dysentery. Then I try a frosty mug of Swine Flu. In other words, this stuff is like taking poison! My idea for Contraindications. 1) Not recommended for anyone who is actually alive. 2) Not recommended if you are more than 10 feet away from a toilet bowl. Yeah, I know all drugs have side effects, and this probably a transitory condition that will eventually go away. Maybe. I just don't think I can wait for the "feeling better" part to begin"

Californado (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I feel very conflicted about this medication. For about 80% of the day it helps me to be more stable and less reactionary. But then every day or every other day I have a breakdown and start sobbing, get very moody and paranoid, accuse my partner of not loving/caring about me, want to self harm and die. It has helped my chronic pain and doesn't cause me to dissociate constantly like many antidepressants do. However, I'm not sure it's worth it because of the breakdowns, but I'm scared to go off of it because I heard withdrawal is awful. I am just about ready to give up on medication altogether at this point."

Yeti2 April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Cymbalta has been an incredible drug for me. Since taking Cymbalta, I have been able to enjoy life more, sleep less and feeling more refreshed, reduction in pain, and improved memory and concentration. Recently, I have been studying for an exam. This is a hard exam, that I previously had failed before, while not taking Cymbalta. I started taking Cymbalta, approximately in January. The months leading up to the exam, I was more focused, and able to concentrate better than I can last remember. I know that Cymbalta doesn't treat concentration or memory problems, but I think that sometimes if you are depressed, it can have a severe affect on concentration. Thank you Cymbalta for helping me in my life."

CymbaltaFan April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the beginings of osteoarthritis. I'm a 24 year old mother of 3 children, and for me, Cymbalta has helped manage my pain. With 2 kiddos under the age of 3, and a special needs step-child, I don't have time to hurt, and I definitely can't lay around when I have a flare-up. Cymbalta has made the pain lessen from a screaming pain, to more of a whisper. Do I still have flares? Yes. But they are fewer and the pain is less, and I am able to control my flares better with the help of naproxen and a muscle relaxer. As far as side effects, I've noticed some loss of appetite and constipation. Every medication has some sort of negative effect, but you have to pick and choose what you are willing to live with."

Gracey Mae (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Was put on this for anxiety/pain. Although it did help with anxiety, it made me very weak in the legs. So much so that I can't stand it. I am prescribed 60 mg, but I take 15 mg to keep the edge off. Im told weakness in muscles is not a side effect. Garbage ! I see in some comments that few others have it. Doctors act like we don't know our own bodies. ...So frustrating!"

nervousnelly9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have never in my life functioned properly until cymbalta, I have gone from panic attacks , to public speaking with no hesitation , I finally have a real life , I don't over stress , I no longer ruminate , no shakings , no lasting side effects , a bit hyper and loss of libido but sorted out in a few months, I never want to come of it , changed my life totally , been on 60 mgs for 20 months"

may78 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Severe constipation, horrible horrible time it gave me,I don't care what anyone says,I was on it for 6 weeks and had to take laxatives every other night just to get relief before it finally hit me what was happening, I went off it right away, terrible drug,I'd rather live with any kind of pain then to ever go through that again!!!!"

Samby April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My new doctor recently switched me from klonopin to Cymbalta. I'd been taking Klonopin for two years at a low dose with NO issues, but this doctor can't help meddling. Anyway, this Cymbalta is a nightmare. I'm not depressed, just have anxiety, so why am I taking this? I've been so edgy and nauseous since starting it. I can't sleep, and sit in meetings at work spacing out. Never take this medication. I'm seeing my doc next week and am just going to flatly say I'm not taking this anymore. Luckily a different doc prescribes the Klonopin."

Jame F April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Within 2 hours of taking the medication, my brain lit up, it felt like I was high. I couldn't contain the energy, so I went for a run. By midway through the day I went to the park with my nephews, I took them on the swings. I thought I'd go on with them, so I started swinging and it felt like I was going to die. The most terrible feeling of fear I have ever experienced. It felt like I was free falling. I had a total panic attack. At the end of it I freaked out and just needed to get home. Could barely drive or focus. By day two I started feeling terrible raw feeling in my stomach, fought the feeling of vomiting most of the day, exhausted detached. My brain would fluctuate between euphoria and complete inability to calculate or communicate."

Dr stranglove April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this drug back in the summer-ish of 2016. I was given 30 mg, which, let me say, was [at the time] The Holy Grail. I lost a bunch of weight, because it had helped me feel good enough to stop emotionally eating. Started on 60 mg, and it felt like a placebo. I accidentally stopped taking it for about 5 days and experienced physical withdrawals which I wasn't warned about until I googled. I'm currently weening myself off of it, because I refuse to be a slave to this or any other drug."

purple reign (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "My confirmed diagnosis is Fibroidmyalgia, Sjogrens, and severe arthritis which I have suffered for many years. The Fibroidmyalgia tested the worse out of all other disorders. My PCP gave me 60 mg/day of Cymbalta which was reduced quickly for I slept all the time & couldn't control my eyes. My husband said i walked around w/my eyes wide open & I'd forget to blink, said I resembled a zombie. My RA Doctor advised me to combine Cymbalta with Lyrica to increase effectiveness which I'm hesitant to try. My pain, tiredness, and sensitivity has increased severely w/Cymbalta, and I honestly feel it's not worth the risk."

Simply Tired (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "After reading some of these comments I realize I'm not alone I just broke down about an hour ago not understanding why am so depressed I'm not sad but I'm depressed I am a cancer patient that is 40 years old and I've been battling cancer and severely depressed since I was 24 I just recently spent a month in bed because I was in such horrible pain I finally ended up in the hospital because my cancers back once again and they upped my dose from 30 mg to 60 mg to help with pain and depression. I haven't noticed that it helps with any pain but I have had all the side effects but I've read in these comments I'm so glad I found this now I know to stop taking this med but I'm terrified of the side effects to come I haven't worked since January 5 I get discharge from the hospice house on February 20 and all I can do is go to the bathroom and lay in my chair I'm fighting so hard to be happy but nothing is working"

Jennifer Breese (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I experienced brain "zaps" and severe mood changes on Cymbalta. It worked great for neuropathy at first but it worsened my depression and anxiety. I felt restless all the time, like I was climbing the walls. Eventually I felt numb and unable to function. My doctor refused to take me off of it, so I took myself off and found a new doctor who refilled my Zoloft prescription."

KDev (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Took it 7 months, might as well been taking aspirin, well, actually BC aspirin worked better. Works for some people, just doesn't metabolize with this old fellow. Waste of time"

Quando62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was prescribed Cymbalta when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year. Cymbalta is by far the worst medicine I could ever imagine being on. It did nothing for my fibromyalgia pain. I stayed on it to see if it would work with time, nothing. I told my doctor I felt no better about my fibromyalgia pain and decided to wean off. This is the ugly part. My dose went from 60mg to 30mg for the next two weeks and then I was told to take it every other day for 2 weeks and so I did. Here I am 3 days off of it completely and I feel horrendous. Muscles are stiff, mouth is constantly dry, diarrhea is nonstop, vomiting, constant nausea, headache, body zaps, brain zaps, feeling exhausted but can't sleep. Cymbalta is hell. Please avoid at all costs."

Rachpar March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I must say that it helped with my neuropathy, but from day one, I had a terrible time urinating and was experiencing horrible nightmares. As soon as I discontinued it, these symptoms went away. I am on Zoloft now without any problems."

bfdarvey3744 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had such a mixed experience on Cymbalta. I took it for 1 month. It made half my day awful, and the other half great. I would take it in the morning (30mg) and for the first half of the day I would feel this dark undercurrent, but kind of speedy at the same time. It made me have terrible anxiety and paranoia and I fought with my husband in the mornings, accusing him of petty things. Then around 1pm this darkness would lift and I would feel happy; it was really bizarre. But the damage done to my marriage from my behavior in the mornings was terrible. I hope my husband can forgive me for the drama. My last dose was 2 days ago and I feel much more stable and sane. I did not like how this drug altered my personality so much in the mornings."

ccinsf (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017