User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 153 reviews 56 medications

Back Pain 23 reviews 178 medications

6.2
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1013 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "I have been severely depressed over the past two years after the passing of my mother. MD tried me on Wellbutrin, Trazadone and Celexa. I continued on the Celexa for about 1 1/2 years but still had many days with depression and losing jobs only to remain in bed depressed, hopeless , tearful and suicidal thoughts. None of those meds worked for me. I have currently seen a new MD and changes my meds to Cymbalta in AM and Elavil in PM. These meds are miracle drugs for me. Been on them for a month now. I've never felt this good in years!!! "

Blessed37 December 22, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was put on this after 5 days of no sleep with anxiety. It took week or two to kick in but has saved me. I am much more level and less anxious, no sleepless nights although I do take phenergan (antihistamine )to help with that"

Mattyjingle (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "please be cautious before taking cymbalta. I took cymbalta for 20 months, then decided to quit after changing my lifestyle. After discontinuing my perscription of 60mgs a day I endured brain zaps, insomnia, and eye pain for 3 weeks."

Ryan7741 December 20, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Cymbalta was a real game changer for me after a lot of trial and error with other antidepressants. It was prescribed to me in 2006 during a major depressive episode in my early twenties that required inpatient hospitalization. The results were remarkable. In a span of 24 hours, I had much greater mood regulation and was not ruminating on negative thoughts. Cymbalta was also helpful in developing healthy eating patterns after a period of binge eating. The appetite suppressing effect made it easier for me to modify portions and lose the weight I'd gained. I took Cymbalta for two years. The only lasting side effect was afternoon and evening tiredness. Titrating off the medication went well except for some nausea that eventually resided."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I take cymbalta for depression and anxiety. I've read a few comments on here and it sounds like a few people may have or had serotonin syndrome. It has happened to me in the past when a prior doct didn't pay attention to my meds. Please be safe. Cymbalta has helped me a lot. I went off for about 3 yrs and have had to go back on."

Ithelpsme (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "At 60 years old with needle like pains and over 30 years of generalized anxiety it took two weeks of a little fog. I started taking at night 30mg. I am the guy I use to be today. Not worried about getting off because I'm not. I have tried it all and for depression caused by pain will fix this. Give it time. I put an X on each day and quit after a month. Smooth sailing."

RustyHinges December 15, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "I suffer with several disc herniations and bulges from a automobile accident. I also have bone spurs on one of my vertebrae. Due to the workers comp case and doctors over prescirbing oxycodone which is the only pain meds out of almost 40 tried that helps my pain. They prescribed cymbalta to replace my oxycodone. They have cut my dosage in half and gave me cymbalta which I took for the first time They think oxycodone is such a bad drug? Taking cymbalta I was so high and hyper my heart beating out of my chest skin crawling and did nothing for pain and I really thought I was going to die. If I drove I probably would have killed some one. I never felt anything except pain relief from oxycodone???"

Manyseverebackproblems (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "After taking Cipralex for anxiety for over 6 months, I began to experience very low mood and energy levels. My doctor recommended I switch to Cymbalta. Overall my experience has been positive. I didn't even notice, but on Cipralex I had a very decreased sex drive that rebounded right back once I was put on Cymbalta. I had trouble finishing the first 2 weeks during sex, but this side effect along with decreased appetite dissipated after the first 3 weeks of treatment. Overall my mood has stabilized and I feel very good on this drug. Please note that people tend to report either great or horrible experiences and everyone reacts to drugs differently. Take reviews with a grain of salt and always collaborate with your doctor for best results."

cpbeans December 8, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "So far, so good. I haven't been on it very long but I definitely feel like my overall quality of life has improved. Mild headache and nausea the first week or two, which went away. I still get sad, when sad things happen, but it no longer feels overwhelming. The "doom and gloom" is definitely gone. I take 2 a day, in the morning."

CGW70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This is like a miracle drug to me. I suffer from severe depression, anxiety & fibromyalgia. After 2 weeks on Cymbalta my pain significantly improved as well as my mood/anxiety. I'm taking 60 mg once a day."

Tamz65 December 6, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I've been on Cymbalta/30mg for 1 week. Strong diarrhea first night, missed work the next day. Since then little trouble sleeping, napping on my days off. I work 12 hr shifts on my feet on a cement floor. I lost the feeling in my toes almost a year ago. Dealt with the hot coals burning on the bottom of my feet also. In such a short length of time I have had some relief in the burning of my soles and with the back pain. Hoping for continued improvement"

Ssanders261 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Second worst psych med I have ever taken, and I have taken 20 psych meds. First off it's caused an insane amount of horrible side effects. I feel like I am living a fog all the time and feel like I'm literally going insane. It's caused chronic muscle ache (I had no pain problems before taking this med) The only thing worse than dealing with being on this med is dealing with the miserable extremely long withdrawal of trying to get off of it. I have tried numerous times to get off of it using a slow weaning process, but it's just so difficult to get off of. I can truly say I wish I had never started this med, and there a much better meds out there for all conditions, that won't ruin your life."

Tsuluzo012 December 3, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on 6 different meds now for depression. Truthfully, night before last, I almost voluntarily committed myself to psych. I couldn't take it anymore. After talking to my husband and my best friend, I decided not to go to the ER, but instead make an urgent next day appointment. I am I glad I did!!! I took dose #1(30 mg) at 3 pm. No zombie feeling. No brain fog. I mean, I could definitely feel I took something, but completely unlike any other med. Side effects, extremely nauseous, a little sweaty, giggly. Along with my SEVERE depression, I have multiple autoimmune diseases, PTSD, crippling anxiety, and chronic nerve/joint pain. I have not noticed decrease in pain yet, but wasn't expecting to after a single dose."

Hashisadceliac December 3, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I experienced chronic pain for 4 years, I had difficulty sleeping, would go to work, come home and go to bed. Every time I physically exerted myself, taking a shower, preparing a meal, doing household chores, I would need to go lay down. My family would visit me in my bedroom, it was depressing. Cymbalta has changed my life. I can tolerate the cold, even the grocery store used to bother me. I am much more active and find myself only going to bed when it is time for sleep, I also sleep much better. My family has noticed a huge change in me, as far as being a part of life again. This is not without cost..I have the strangest dreams, +30lbs, tired, terribly constipated."

life sucked November 30, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I was placed on Cymbalta for depression in 2006 worked generally for the most part for the depression then in 08 or 09 I found out that they were prescribing it for FM which I do have FM & Cymbalta did absolutely nothing for pain I've had no side effects from the drug at all none. In my research for new SSRI I came across Savella which is designed for FM & I did a less than 30 days switch over from Cymbalta to Savella with 0 adverse effects or side effects( this medicine is working both for the depression & the FM.) I am also taking oxycodone 2/10Mg every 4hrs (in a 24 tyme frame)-12 pills a day. I'm also taking Flexeril 10 mg 3x a day & ibuprofen 800 mg 3x a day, & Tylenol I don't take the Tylenol because of the deaths that occurred!"

DaveyTheDJ November 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "We all have challenges in life. I suffer from PTSD and depression. Over the years I have tried a few different medications. My fantastic physican based in Phoenix, AZ recommeded Cymbalta. It has really made a positive difference in my life. I have noticed that I'm doing a lot better in life. First my body pains have decreased. Followed by I'm more happy and positive. I'm more active in the local community through my commitment to a couple different volunteer organizations. If it wasn't for my caring and magnificent physican and NP I wouldn't be where I'm at today. I'm grateful for their support and on how well Cymbalta works. My quality of life has improved. Thank you for your time."

Cymbalta helps a lot... (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I've had RA for 56 years, and of course pain. Before having my gastric surgery I had tremendous pain in my lower back. A nurse friend who also as RA said I should try it, I took 30mg the first night and rocketed out of bed the next morning; the second night/morning the same thing, no pain and the flexibility to jump right out of bed. The third night I was wondering if I was just having a good couple of mornings, so I skipped the dose; I woke up at 2am with excruciating pain and downed the cymbalta. The next morning around 9am, I launched out of bed forgetting all about any pain. Bottom line, for me it was a God send, like most meds; you can't expect everyone to react the same. It's not rocket science people, get a weeks worth of samples."

FlyGuyRA November 24, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Out of the blue I started experiencing anxiety, I was nervous for no reason and having anxiety about anxiety! I tried change my diet and so on. Then I had the mother of all panic attacks (I'd never had one). I quickly realized that I needed to talk to my doctor. I tried zoloft and celexa, both gave me terrible side effects. I stuck with zoloft for 2 months and wasnt feeling any better so I went off discouraged. Then I started on cymbalta. Its been about 5 months with zero side effects. I realized a few days ago that the meds must be working, on a particularly stressful day I felt a panic attack coming on but it just didn't materialize into anything. Then I realized I really haven't been nervous for sometime. It can get better :) 40mg"

30yrs mother & wifey (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "I saw this medication as a marvel, until I started taking it. I had no problems, except for some nausea, during the first 2-3 months I was on it. And it seemed to help somewhat with pain. Then the fun began: restless legs syndrome, insomnia, horrible sweating even when it was cold, urinary incontinence and frequency, muscle spasms, elevated liver enzymes...but hey, there's another medication for all those side effects. Finally after 3 years, I had had enough and was ready to move on. Unfortunately, the Lilly recommended taper is downright dangerous. After the alternating 60mg/30mg and drop to 30 mg, I was in full blown Cymbalta discontinuation syndrome. Look it up; it's not pretty. Run away from this med as fast as you can."

Cymbalta Sux (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This was the most helpful antidepressant for me (previous were Prozac, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, and Effexor). I was getting along with people, working out regularly, and had no side effects except for a bit of drowsiness depending on when I took it. Eventually I was diagnosed with having a bipolar component and so now I'm taking Lamictal with it. Overall a pretty potent and good medication."

roger_d_1989 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I developed a chronic pain syndrome post chole 25 year ago. My pain waxed and wained. Pain medication did nothing. The only thing that helped a little was muscle relaxants. My doctor suggested cymbalta. The effect was immediate. I just thought I was having a good week. I took 30 mg daily (lowest dose). The pain never returned. I still have muscle stiffness but the pain associated with it is gone. I have an arthritic thumb from an injury that still causes me pain. So for arthritic pain it does not seem to help. All I can say is give it a try. The effects for me were immediate."

Tuna1 November 5, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "For some reason I am still feeling depressed after switching from Cymbalta to a generic brand. I am finding it harder to deal with everyday life now that I switched than before. I have been looking for info on weather or not the generic form is just as effective as the brand name. If anyone can help with any kind of information that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks."

Sad and confused (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had/having a horrible time with this medication. Currently trying to wean off with my MDs help. I've had every listed side effect and subsequent health problems that required expensive work ups. Most dramatically I developed vertigo and severe headaches after being on the med for about 3-4 months. Vertigo was debilitating and required time off of work and multiple doctor appointments to rule out other conditions. I also had electrical zings and numbness and tingling down my body. The weaning has been the most problematic causing these awful side effects to worsen. I'm a registered nurse and I would never recommend this drug to anybody. I did not feel any benefits for my depression."

Susieirene1980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Cymbalta is from the devil Evil, evil drug. Trying to stop it is hell on earth. Severe anxiety and emotional pain. Horrible dreams. I am an absolute wreck. Didn't take it for three days and was in extreme trouble. They don't make the dose low enough so you can get off it. Lowest is 30mg. Load of garbage."

Cymbalta is from the devil (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Helped the fibro pain completely. But my sleep is totally messed up and I am tied all the time Also I feel emotionally flat. No motivation at all. For now I'll keep on it as having total body pain 24/7 was hell on earth"

Lottielayna October 17, 2016