User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Osteoarthritis

Not Listed / Other

112 reviews
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.6 1,269 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Anxiety "I have severe anxiety and this drug made me depressed to the point of hurting myself and thinking about suicide. I’m not a depressed person, I’m usually a happy go lucky person. Everybody reacts different but that was the worst 3 weeks ever."

Anxiety20 December 11, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "let you know this week. Start taking tomorrow. Looking for reviews before I start."

MPHCHCHSH December 3, 2017

For Anxiety "I really love this one. Suuuper effective in so many ways. In particular, helped me get my depression and anxiety under control. It is included in my “concoction” of medicines, and just recently I tried cutting it out of the equation. -Ever since stopping it, I am back to crying regularly. Very sensitive and unable to control my emotions. I had trouble DRIVING because I was so overwhelmed with anxiety and terrified of getting into a car accident. Irritable, angry, sleeping 12 hours again. Depression is a bitch. I highly recommend giving this one a shot. *BEWARE* This drug makes you unable to sexually climax. (Which is why I’m seeking an alternative)"

Gabrielllllllaaaaaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2017

For Anxiety "Within two days of starting Cymbalta, I had 'flashing lights' in my peripherals (which didn't go away for two years) and nausea. Not that big of a deal. But on day three, I was hit by an insane attack on what I assume was my central nervous system. I felt like my chest was in an ice bath, my internal temp dropped several degrees, my groin felt like it was on fire (burning/cramping), I started shaking and sweating and went into full blown panic. After taking a week off, I tried the drug again. Same thing. Absolutely awful. My doctors/pharms had never heard of these side effects, which were worse than my symptoms (anxiety-related feeling of throat/tongue swelling). I switched to Effexor (SNRI), which finally worked."

ahtnamas November 23, 2017

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this to help with my severe anxiety and in hopes it would also help my chronic pain. I think I'm allergic to it because in 2 hours of taking it I got a stabbing pain in my head and the light made my eyes burn. I could barely even say this to a doctor because along with barely being able to string two words together I had intense nausea with cramping and it wasn't until the ER had the lights around me dimmed enough for me to try and open my eyes I realized my face was pretty swollen."

RookSun (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

For Anxiety "I've suffered from anxiety and depression off and on for most of my life. I've tried many antidepressants (mostly SSRI's) without success. The side effects of these drugs were unbearable (mainly acute insomnia and panic attacks). Finally, after 30 years of intermittent mental suffering, despite running 30 miles a week and seeing a therapist on a regular basis, my primary care physician prescribed Cymbalta. It is a miracle drug. Although I've only been on it for 3 weeks, I'm already feeling relief from a major depression that started 6 months ago. I no longer have suicidal thoughts; negative, obsessive thinking; panic attacks; and I sleep like a rock. the world is so much brighter - I feel a sense of calm, contentment, and happiness."

Jane Cahill (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

For Depression "I was taking Cymbalta for 2 1/2 months (along with Lamictal, which I still take) to get rid of the depressive side of bipolar. It made me super down and extremely on edge for weeks. I was on 20mg."

Y5nthon5a (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "If I could rate it lower I would. This drug shouldn't be on the market. The damage it has done to my body is never going to be fixed."

AussiePythons (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I am 24 I was experiencing chronic anxiety ، severe muscle tension، fatigue and problem in concentration for about more than year. I did not know exactly the reason for these symptoms. At first I thought it could be a physical problem in my body. but after some medical tests my doctors suggested me to visit a psychiatric doctor. So my p doctor recognized my problem as General anxiety disorder and prescribed me cybmalta. first week only one 30 mg from second week، two 30 mg per day. after 2 weeks، it started to work . after 5week ، excellent...I was almost the man who I was before anxiety!!!but after a while its performance a little decreased for 2 month. again after the third month ، again it started to getting better slowly. after 6 month، I am really calm"

GAD- (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "Took cymbalta for years for my fibromyalgia n depressions n really helped with the fibromyalgia but I started getting more depressed and my doctor put me on low doses n it help with the depression but not the fibro n after a couple of months he would increase the dosage. This kept going on for years until I decided to stop because I started having terrible dark thoughts. It scared me cause I did not want my daughters to find me dead.Took me over 2 years to eventually stop."

SK99 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 6, 2017

For Anxiety "I tried to go about my life without being on an antidepressant, but life didn’t seem very liveable anymore. I tried Lexapro, and though it stopped the heart pounding and shortness of breath, I was still very depressed and always exhausted. I also went from 130 to 150 pounds in about 2 months. I switched to Cymbalta and everything changed, I have never been happier. I wake up full of energy, which is something I have never had. I have also lost the weight I gained! Like others have said, everyone is different and medications will affect you differently. I was surprised to hear my friend had a bad experience with it. I very much recommend at least trying because it has helped me so much!"

Ame19 November 5, 2017

For Depression "These capsules enhanced made me feel worse. I am gradually removing these awful meds from my life. The withdrawals are so intense that it leaves me incapable of driving, gives me spasms and brain zaps, uncontrollable shaking and twitches. Do not ever even start taking Cymbalta."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 2, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I been on Cymbalta for almost a year and I have no anxiety or depression I really didn’t have any side effects except nausea but other then that the meds work great I’m happy with it "

Lisaplummer32 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "I have taken this medication for about 2 years now and it has helped me tremendously. Yes the first two weeks were hard due to nausea and diarrhea however because it controlled the pain I stayed with it. I weaned myself off at one point to make sure whether or not I still needed it but within a week of being completely off of it all the pain and muscle weakness came back so I went back on it (no side effects this time) and the pain went away so it works for me. However the Dr. said that I was his only patient who had the amount of relief I experienced with the lowest dose. I also have Lupus (SLE) so it helps with the joint and muscle pain there too!! I say give it a try as I experienced the pain relief almost immediate"

PM04 November 1, 2017

For Anxiety "All I can say is try it and don't take all reviews at face value - not everyone has brain zaps and puts on a ton of weight because everyone is different. All I know is I suffered from major anxiety and depression (tried to get by without meds for some time). I had fluoxetine and citalopram - the first only helped with depression and the second gave me heart palps. Now on cymbalta I am feeling normal and wake up refreshed and ready to face the day. The first week was a bit crazy, felt like on a bad trip. Then felt great for a week, then low again for two and now I am fine (Taken them for about 8 weeks now). I also have the motivation now to lose weight which I have done so I am fairly optimistic. 8 stars because haven't taken it long term yet."

Beaudy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

For Chronic Pain "3 Months and so far this drug has helped me more than PT, steroid shots, yoga, massage, traction, ibuprofen and patience. The side effects were challenging to begin with, but once the first few weeks had passed by, I was feeling pretty normal and back to my old self again. I can't describe how grateful I am for this medication and it's helped me to no end. Don't believe all the negative reviews, but take note of the positive reviews too."

Socallynsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "I broke my hip the day before July 4th. I has surgery and was in the hospital for a week, then in a nursing rehab home for a month. I can't take opioid so took Ibuprofen for the pain. I am 67 year's old and also have afib. I was getting around fine when I came home. Then in September I had pain all over my body. It would jump around. I had extremely bad insomnia and restless leg syndrome. My legs felt heavy like they were filled with cement. I went to my PHD and she ran blood tests, especially looking for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The diagnosis is Fibromyalgia. She had me take steroids, one tablet a day for four days and Cymbalta 30th twice a day. I had no bad side effects. I slept better and the pain is very bearable, just mild hip pain."

Sandarella (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Was prescribed 20mg of this when my hands started burning, which caused me more anxiety than the idiopathic nerve damage in my feet that was detected on an EMG. Feeling much less anxious, NO nerve pain in my hands, and 80-90% less tingling/vibrating in my feet. The first week on this I had severe headaches in the morning, which I pushed thru and didn't have after about 10 days. I feel noticeably less energetic and groggy in the morning than I used to. Other than that, I haven't noticed any side effects, and I usually react to medications (which makes me cautious). I am not on ANY other meds. I would rate this a 10, but the awful headaches in the morning were a pain and feeling groggy until noon-ish is tolerable but not ideal."

Justme22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2017

For Depression "Took cymbalta for depression for about 6 month, first 30 mg which my doctor increased little by little until it got to 90 mg. She increased it because the medication seemed to work but after a while the symptoms were present again. I went on vacation and when returned, couldn't get the prescription on time, that was the beginning of the nightmare. Symptoms of withdraw going from vomiting, electric zaps, severe nausea, severe dizziness sensation that I am falling down, head pain and so on for more than two month. I didn't stop taking the medication, it was only a gap on treatment what put me in that situation. Since that day I asked to my doctor to help me discontinue it even following her directions, it is so bad that I don't recommend it ever"

Mariam valdes October 13, 2017

For Back Pain "I used this medication for 3 weeks. It worked so good for my back pain and my anxiety. I was so happy I was finally found something that would help me, get off my pain meds. One day I woke up with chest pains. I thought nothing of it. I went to work and it got worse and My blood pressure was 197/110. I left work, went straight to the ER. We found out this medication side effect was raise blood pressure. I am a healthy 120lb 38yr women. I'm doing much better now. BP is back to normal, but I have pain. Now I'm trying something new with back doctor. I hate pain meds. I been on and off for 5 years. I have herniated disc and bulging and anxiety due to a car accident. I had some signs of chest pain before. So don't ignore it."

China602 October 12, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the past year and half I have been on Cymbalta. This medicine has made a significant amount of difference. It helps a lot with depression and nerve pain. Working with a dedicated nurse practitioner and medical team they make a difference. She is a pleasure to work with and provides options for her patients. The Cymbalta reduces the nerve pain. It helps with depression and anxiety. Thank you for the awesome recommendation and support."

Josh D (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine is a lifesaver. I felt like my life was over. I was in constant pain day and night. I could not sleep, I was constantly depressed. Fibromyalgia took my life away. Cymbalta gave me my life back. I recommend this to anyone with these symptoms."

I stolberg October 7, 2017

For Anxiety "I've taken Cymbalta for almost a year for depression and anxiety. I'm also taking Buspar. My anxiety and depression are noticeably improved. I have tried many of the SSRI's without any help, but this SNRI is great. I take 40mg/day. I've been as high as 60mg/day but found no help at the higher dosage. The only side effect might be a bit of drowsiness. I tried to reduce my dosage quickly and found this is not a drug one wants to 'cold-turkey' to get off the drug. The benefits far exceed any bad side effects."

Zfrost October 6, 2017

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have taken Cymbalta for 12 years for Peripheral Neuropathy. The prior 15 years I had what felt like a million little electric eels burrowing just under the skin of my right thigh. Or it felt like my thigh was packed in ice. For 15 years I was blown off by every doctor I saw under my insurance. A Dr not covered by my insurance prescribed Cymbalta. I had an immediate improvement, which just kept getting better. 0 side effects. A year in and things unrelated to the neuropathy improved dramatically. A hand tremor went away, I no longer fell a lot. Eventually Kaiser would cover the Generic, which makes me throw up."

hmmmmmmmmm October 4, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis, neuropathy, fibromyalgia and depression. I have been taking Humira for my arthritis which caused heart failure. I had stopped taking the Cymbalta for a while because I was trying to cut back on medication. And I couldn't figure out why my arthritis felt so horrible as soon as I started to take the Cymbalta again my arthritis is so much better. It actually works better than the Humira did and better than the Lyrica that I am taking for my neuropathy. So I actually discovered how well it works accidentally. But it's so nice to be able to walk around again with so much less pain."

Tasha1418 October 3, 2017