User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 134 reviews 63 medications

Chronic Pain 68 reviews 111 medications

5.9
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 903 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "The worst decision I have ever made was agreeing to go on this drug. I had no idea about SSRI's and the effects they can have on you and your life. For the first year, I would have recommended it to anyone dealing with depression and anxiety like myself..but that was at a time when I mistaked the numbness for satisfaction. Just over 2 years down the line and I am falling apart. This drug has ruined my life. First I realised the fog I was in. Then came the vertigo and confusion. My memory has deteriorated. Zero sex drive since day one. My depression has worsened and I no longer recognise who I am anymore. My personality has changed drastically and my anxiety is worse than its ever been. I am now weaning off it but the damage has been done."

DoNOTputYourselfThroughThisHel (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was prescribed for depression, but it affected my panic disorder very much. I went from 6-7 panic attacks a day to 1-2 a week/month. It really really helped with my anxiety overall too. I feel less anxious. The initial 2 weeks were horrible though, increased anxiety, hot flashes. And it interacts with a lot of medications (including vitamin d supplements)"

Nfngkfng (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2016

For Anxiety "Was prescribed for depression, but it affected my panic disorder very much. I went from 6-7 panic attacks a day to 1-2 a week/month. It really really helped with my anxiety. The initial 2 weeks were horrible though, increased anxiety, hot flashes. And it interacts with a lot of medications (including vitamin d supplements)"

Elliotndbfjf April 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had depression as far back as I can remember, diagnosed with GA and major depression along with PTSD due to two life changing events I went though. I've tried zoloft (did nothing ) Effexor XR ( Made me sleep 24/7) Celexa ( caused SEVERE anxiety attacks) and just started Cymbolta, on day 7 and I can't believe how much better I already feel at 30mg 1x day. I also just had 2 major back surgeries and am learning to walk again at age 35, yet despite my trials, I feel happier, positive, lowered anxiety etc. First day I did have severe throwing up spells, but that's gone, low appetite still but a good thing for me, INCREASED sex drive & sleep like a baby. I take it at 8 everyday. Good luck, everyone's different!"

Abelslove80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been dealing with depression since 1990 and run the whole inventory of SSRI's available. Prozac was effective the first 2 years then became ineffective. The only drug that has helped me for an extended period of time was Paxil. Paxil eventually became ineffective after 5 years. So the wonder drug Cymbalta comes on the scene and I thought I had finally found the magical cure. I've been on 60 mg of Cymbalta for about a year and once again the roof is caving in and very abruptly. This past week I've been suicidal for 3 days. Why? The circumstances in my life that so often can trigger anxiety or depression are the same as always. How can an SSRI become instantaneously ineffective? I'm not raving about Cymbalta any longer."

Sparky1945 April 2, 2016

For Anxiety "Changed my life. I had been experiencing slight bouts of anxiety starting at around age 19. Hitting me hard, randomly of course, only a few times a year. Then when I was 24 something changed with my anxiety and I became completely crippled by it. I was being consumed by constant anxiety, worry, fear, etc every single minute of everyday including when I slept. I was out of control emotionally and mentally. I had to take a box of tissues with me everywhere because the anxiety was so severe I would burst out into tears even during the "happiest" of times. Finally after suffering for months I decided to give Cymbalta a try, reluctantly though. After a week of relatively mild side effects it had changed my life and saved my life."

XYY DD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

For Depression "On the 10 day of 30 mg. I woke to a miracle . No chronic pain in my whole entire body for the first time in years. For years I suffered hour after hour with 4 and 5 in my back. Body pain so bad I was on Norco for years. Nothing has been more effective to my pain and depression as this medicine. I hope more physicians prescribe this medicine for these reasons. I have my life back."

Liz4444 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For Depression "For over 20 years I've used antidepressants and this by far is the best I've ever used however there are some downsides I'm constantly hungry all d time I've put on 2stone which is giving me another problem to deal with cause that doesn't make me feel good and excessive sweating I've reduced my dose with doctors supervision to try help these side affects and the tiredness is sooo bad but I've definitely had little or no anxiety"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2016

For Chronic Pain "The relief of pain was almost immediate. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis as well. The meds localize the pain to a tolerable condition. I take the pill first thing in the mornings and it leaves me light-headed and fatigued until late afternoon. I wonder if these symptoms go away after a few months? Will my body get used to it?"

Grandma Cec March 27, 2016

For Back Pain "Severe back shoulder pain. Neck and jaw pain upon arising from a chair. Head feels as if sudden internal pressure. Severe stomach pain and severe pain in lower right area at lower rib cage area."

1947reverend (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I thankfully have never had depression! However I have chronic severe pain(ankylosing spondylitis) I tried cymbalta in my mid 30's... YES it made me EXTREMELY nauseous and I got headaches... But only for the first week! I felt like it gave me my life back.. But it was short lived and only took it for 6months because I ended up getting immuned to it. at 60mg /day It did nothing for pain! I went back on it at 39 after many failed attempts of other meds! But this time I also take dalaulid with it for break through pain (usually only need once but sometimes twice a day!!) I've been back on cymbalta for almost 2years now and feel like I have my life back! I'm able to work(I'm a waitress) and drive and LIVE life!"

Kimmy1975 March 17, 2016

For Depression "Was given since having major depression in August (this is March). I have arthritis which pain has gotten much worse, fibromyalgia worse, brain fog, very weird dreams. I awoke at 2 or 3 and can't get back to sleep. During day I fight to stay awake. I have started having a very bad temper and feel angry all the time. Eye sight blurry, clumsy. I see the GP tomorrow for a different reason (or is it?) and will demand to be taken off of this. I feel this should be taken off the market, it's side effects are horrible!"

MINNALOUSH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I was experiencing awful panic attacks and anxiety that wouldn't let up, I tried so many medications but Cymbalta was the one that worked best for me. Started at 30 mg for a week then went up to 60, then up to 90 mg where Im at now. Only down side was it seemed like it took a long time to get here almost back to normal after almost 2 months but I'm glad I'm here, have not had a panic attack in weeks, anxiety is down and I'm off all benzos. Stick with this medication it did wonders for me and I'm very sensitive to medications."

feelbetternow March 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I'm Taking Cymbalta for Anxiety And Depression It Makes Me A Little Jittery And If I Don't Eat With It I Get Sick to My Stomach But I Feel Better Than I Have In A Long Time And Where I Was Using Food To Cope With The Depression This Actually Regulated My Eating So Now I'm Eating Less With More Energy And Feeling Like A Million Bucks"

AwesomeStuf (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Made me sick first day nausea , dizzy, vomit, sweating, high blood pressure"

Lisa0617 March 7, 2016

For Depression "I took 1 30mg capsule of Cymbalta yesterday. That will be the only dose of this medicine I will take. I had to leave work yesterday because of how sick to my stomach it made me. I felt jittery and lightheaded all day. I didn't take it this morning. I haven't felt jittery , but I have been extremely lightheaded and have had a headache all day. All that from one dose. I have been on many anti-depressants over the years. The only other one that made my head feel like this was Prozac and I didn't stay on it long. Having a job, I can't afford to be sick from side effects. I will be calling the Dr. tomorrow and telling her I want to try something else. Also, I have head a lot of reviews about this drug and most that I have read are not very good."

Shell41 March 6, 2016

For Anxiety "I was hesitant to start on an antidepressant. However, while always prone to depression, the episodes had become more severe and lasted longer. I had terrible anxiety. Often even waking up in the middle of the night gasping for breath. Went on cymbalta. It took maybe 2 wks till I tentatively began to acknowledge that it might be working. Plus one evening I went downstairs to get ice for my neck (I had neck surgery last year) and realized I hadn't done that in weeks! Wasn't even taking It for pain. Ive been on it for 3 mos now. I have experienced extreme fatigue like if I didn't have to get out of bed I could sleep for 12 hrs! But that seems to be getting better. This drug has been subtle yet miraculous and improved my quality of life!"

Caligrl949 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Depression "Unusual tiredness and loss in stamina"

Frinks (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

For Chronic Pain "My husband took this drug for 1 month. He started losing his hair and that was a deal-breaker for him. Not enough of a trial to know effectiveness of the drug- but this bad rating was given because of the WITHDRAWALS. Brain zaps, nightmares, anger, vomiting and nausea. We started reading up online concerning the dependency called "Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome" ...um WTF?? Please look it up- people are staying on the drug ONLY because the withdrawal symptoms are so bad and can last longer than the time you were taking the drug. My husband could be suffering for a year- we are newlyweds! Please do not start this drug if you haven't already!!!"

nessandnick March 1, 2016

For Depression "Cymbalta 120mg for 4 months Good: - slight to moderate increase in motivation, mental energy and attention/alertness. - decrease in anxiety and depressive feelings. Bad: - made me less social, less empathetic and more robotic. - horrible withdrawal symptoms which happen quickly if you forget to take it. - when my dosage was increased from 30mg to 60mg, it started to give me nightmares at night and caused me to wake up in middle of the night and lose sleep. Conclusion: Better positive cognitive experience than 10mg Escitalopram which other than positively affecting my mood, all it did was cause constant brain fogs and decrease my motivation even further."

Heinstar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

For Depression "Horrible drug. Didn't help me with depression ( made it even worse) , didn't help with anxiety."

April _24 February 28, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "After 2 months on Cymbalta my irritability scared my step son. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016

For Depression "Ive been on this medication about 3 months. At first I was scared to take it. The reviews are terrible but i have tried alot of other meds without success. I started off taking it at night but I would wake up so sore that i didnt want to move the next day. So i switched to taking it in the mornings and that symptom went away. I also had constipation pretty bad the first month but that symptom went away too. My husband noticed a change in me first. The side effects eventually went away. I upped my prescription from 30mg to 60mg after one month. Some side effects came back but again they eventually went away. I have to say this has been the best depression medicine I have been on for depression. But it hasnt done much for my social anxiety."

Starintheskyla February 24, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've just been on 60mg for 4 weeks and the improvement has been great. My anxiety is all but gone..and I can't tell you how good it feels not to worry about every single thing i life. I enjoy things more and can focus longer as a result, absorbing things better, instead of just randomly seeing everything. I was a bit nauseous to start and tired, but its all but gone as well. I've also lost 2 pounds..Very happy so far!"

ErzaK (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Awful awful medicine!! Started take 30 mg once a day for Chronic pain at day 19 I had horrible heart palpitations my Dr suggested I get off the medicine by taking one every other day. I tried that after taking one then skipping a day the next day I took another which gave me an awful migraine! I have imitrex for migraines but couldn't take it because in was on cymbaltia so I suffered though a 24 hour migraine! I had to just stop talking it at this point. I've had awful electrocution feeling in my brain for 10 days!! I'm enraged and I'm never like this! Awful, awful drug the people that made this should b ashamed of themselves!!!"

Tmf004 February 22, 2016