User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 3)

Osteoarthritis

6.1

Back Pain

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.6 1,176 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have tried so many medications for my depression and anxiety and nothing had worked. I was hospitalized as I was feeling suicidal and the Dr thought right away that Cymbalta would work for me. It did! I also suffer from migraines which have improved as well. Starting up on the med was okay, but after 4 weeks I developed insomnia that lasted six months and finally went away. The meds also make me crave sweets in the evenings and I never had a sweet tooth before. I’ve heard other similar stories. My anxiety has also improved and I am currently tapering off of Clonazepam. I continue to get healthier on this medication. It offered me the crutch I needed to take care of myself, practice coping techniques learned in therapy, and get better."

Zenbound (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2018

For Back Pain "Wonderful until you come off it. 8 Years on Cymbalta for Chronic Pain and now 2 years of Brain Zaps, Fog ,Fatigue, Anger, depression etc. It is worse than crack. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy."

KenWoods (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed 20mg Cymbalta and while I was on the medication (3 months), my depression settled and I felt happy & motivated. However coming off cymbalta I experienced night sweats, low moods, mania, paranoia, anger and I convinced myself I had many mental disorders. I tried to put myself into psychiatric care. Please DO NOT take this medication, it is very new and doctors shouldn't be recommending it."

Gia19287 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

For Depression "This was the first antidepressant I had ever taken. I had one 30mg dose of this drug and within 15 minutes I felt electric shocks/ tingly sensations throughout my body (mostly arms and legs) as well as a burning sensation which continued for several days. I felt extremely nauseous and had flu like symptoms of feeling hot and cold. My doctor advised me to take this drug before sleeping as it would make me drowsy. However, after taking the drug I was not able to sleep at all for 2 days and developed fractal like hallucinations due to the drug. I had to go to the ER as I could not cope with the hallucinations and was not physically able to sleep. I was advised by the hospital doctor that these side effects occur in only 1-5% of people who take Cymbalta, whom are elderly. I am 19 years old. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG!!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous January 29, 2018

For Depression "27 years old, female. This medicine has helped me a lot, it literally saved my life. I was prescribed this medication for moderate depression and severe GAD after I stopped Prozac as it couldn't help anymore. So far Cymbalta is working for me, changed my entire life, and solved all my mental problems (not only mood swings and GAD). My doctor wanted me to take 60 mg dozes, but I started off with 30 mgs and I felt that is enough, so I'm still taking it now in this dosage. I haven't had any side effects. I still have some mild mood swings during my period and I'm still very sensible, but I feel this to be normal and connected to my basic personality type."

Lilla Molnar January 27, 2018

For Depression "I've been on Cymbalta since 2004 for major depression. I take it every day, 60mg when I wake up & 60mg before bed. This medication has absolutely saved my life. I went through trial & error for years, with every antidepressant out there, my psychiatrist even went back & had me try different combinations of those med's with no success. It is a fast working medication, (pro) within days of starting Cymbalta I felt/showed signs of improvement, (con) if I miss one day, it's definitely obvious to those around me, & I digress emotionally. Besides major depression, my neurologist has also diagnosed me with "suspected CTE,(Chronic traumatic encephalopathy)" due to multiple TBI's & concussions. I am a retired National level athlete."

Milli G (taken for 10 years or more) January 27, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "Started this medicine on 1/17/2018 - It has worked wonders for me. I haven't known what pain-free was for 10+ years. The first day or two I was a bit nauseous and had on and off headaches, but felt a decrease in pain immediately. After the 2nd day, nausea passed and I've felt great other than being tired all the time, but I'm used to that. I hope everyone else can feel a relief with this medicine like I have."

Ash-painfree January 26, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "When starting this medicine I was assured it was very safe and easy to stop. Initially it did help with pain, with what seemed like minimal side effects. So I continued for about 6 yrs. My pain was slowing getting worse each year and I got to a point of wanting to detox from everything (medicine & food with toxins). I started with stopping cymbalta after being assured it would be a safe easy withdrawal. It was the worst nightmare ever! It truly came so close to costing me my life. I would recommend not ever taking this for any reason. If you are already on it, take the weaning off very slow and extremely delicately. B12 shots and lots of Vitamin D with K together, will help some."

dfr75 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

For Fibromyalgia "I've been taking cymbalta for 3 1/2 years, and now being weened off and I'm miserable!"

JoKos34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I was prescribed Cymbalta 90mg for nerve pain. Previously, I tried gabapentin, & Lyrica with significant side effects. However, with the Cymbalta, I noticed a huge difference within 24 hours after I started taking it. I did recently miss a couple days, and there is a noticeable withdrawal, mostly headaches. After missing the couple days, it has taken longer this time to kick back in. This tiny little pill has actually allowed me to lower my pain meds significantly and is treating my depression. I was able to stop both Prozac and Fentanyl (75mcg/48hrs). I do think, because of the possible withdrawal symptoms that one should first try gabapentin or Lyrica. For me, Cymbalta was a life changer; my miracle medicine!"

PainOnMyNerves (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2018

For Back Pain "Do not recommend. It made my back pain somewhat diminish at a major price. Side effects: Short term memory loss, severe headaches, severe hair loss (my shower drain clogs from all my hair that is falling out!), chronic numbing/tingling right arm, dental issues, body odor, extreme sweating and body heat spikes, complete loss of sexual interest, extreme fatigue, insomnia, malaise, more hair loss, constipation, confusion, technicolorish disturbing dreams, felt like I had the flu, ocular issues of dry scratchy eyes and floaters with flashing lights, weight gain. Had to then take a Benzedrine to sleep, migraine meds and a chemo nausea control drug. Had no get up and go. Flatliner. Just weaned myself off of Cymbalta and feel like myself again!"

Debbie W. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2018

For Depression "Great for my fibromyalgia, anxiety/depression A plus"

rebjen Take for fibromyalgia January 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Gen. Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder. I took this med 5 days. I would not recommend this to anyone. The side effects were unbearable. I'd talk about mine but they already cut them. They rushed the testing time for side effects and rushed thru FDA. This med is also found addictive so come down dose slowly if you need to stop. God bless to those ppl that it helped."

clueless18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

For Anxiety "I've been on Cymbalta for just less than a month. It has been a life saver for me. I have C-PTSD, brain trauma, anxiety, depression and borderline personality disorder. I've taken more meds than I can even remember. Cymbalta us working great and no side effects. I can go out in public now without anxiety attacks and I'm not sitting on the couch afraid to move. Good med for me. I take other meds also and was taken off of Klonopin. I know have more energy and happiness."

Anonymous January 8, 2018

For Anxiety "Cymbalta worked great for me and I'm blessed that it did. I had read many reviews of those unable to take it for various reasons and that scared me but my Dr. suggested I try it and I'm so glad I did. For 16 months I had zero anxiety and I went through hell for part of that time. Things were going so well I decided to get off of it because taking it had negatively impacted my BP. I went from 60mg to 30mg for 30 days and then started 20mg. During the time I was on 20mg I had my first anxiety attack in 16 months! I'm back on 60mg and hoping once a few weeks pass of being back on maintenance dose that the anxiety will go away again! Wish I had never tried to get off of it!"

Hoopita (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2018

For Anxiety "Didnt do much for OCD, Social Phobia, and other anxiety issues."

yearsofocd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

For Anxiety "horrible made me so sick and weight gain of over 30kgs. caused nausea and migraines. Would give a 0 if I could almost ruined my life and made it almost impossible to work and enjoy life"

Aliceeee January 4, 2018

For Anxiety "Cymbalta was not a medication for me. Instead of helping me, it made me mean. I took it for a few days but that's all the time I needed to see the horrible side effects."

Clubqueen (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

For Depression "I have been on so many different antidepressants because of my heart tablets I have just been put on over a year ago. I'm also going through menopause which doesn't help and adds to lower sexual sensation to the mix. I found a lot of other antidepressants gave me bad side effects then I have been put to try duloxetine as my very last resort as all the other meds haven't worked so far. So good sensation is a little better, depression is better. The only side effect I get are dry mouth but only been on for a few months but feel al ot better but again everyone is different"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

For Anxiety "I have severe anxiety and this drug made me depressed to the point of hurting myself and thinking about suicide. I’m not a depressed person, I’m usually a happy go lucky person. Everybody reacts different but that was the worst 3 weeks ever."

Anxiety20 December 11, 2017

For Fibromyalgia "let you know this week. Start taking tomorrow. Looking for reviews before I start."

MPHCHCHSH December 3, 2017

For Anxiety "I really love this one. Suuuper effective in so many ways. In particular, helped me get my depression and anxiety under control. It is included in my “concoction” of medicines, and just recently I tried cutting it out of the equation. -Ever since stopping it, I am back to crying regularly. Very sensitive and unable to control my emotions. I had trouble DRIVING because I was so overwhelmed with anxiety and terrified of getting into a car accident. Irritable, angry, sleeping 12 hours again. Depression is a bitch. I highly recommend giving this one a shot. *BEWARE* This drug makes you unable to sexually climax. (Which is why I’m seeking an alternative)"

Gabrielllllllaaaaaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2017

For Anxiety "Within two days of starting Cymbalta, I had 'flashing lights' in my peripherals (which didn't go away for two years) and nausea. Not that big of a deal. But on day three, I was hit by an insane attack on what I assume was my central nervous system. I felt like my chest was in an ice bath, my internal temp dropped several degrees, my groin felt like it was on fire (burning/cramping), I started shaking and sweating and went into full blown panic. After taking a week off, I tried the drug again. Same thing. Absolutely awful. My doctors/pharms had never heard of these side effects, which were worse than my symptoms (anxiety-related feeling of throat/tongue swelling). I switched to Effexor (SNRI), which finally worked."

ahtnamas November 23, 2017

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this to help with my severe anxiety and in hopes it would also help my chronic pain. I think I'm allergic to it because in 2 hours of taking it I got a stabbing pain in my head and the light made my eyes burn. I could barely even say this to a doctor because along with barely being able to string two words together I had intense nausea with cramping and it wasn't until the ER had the lights around me dimmed enough for me to try and open my eyes I realized my face was pretty swollen."

RookSun (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

For Anxiety "I've suffered from anxiety and depression off and on for most of my life. I've tried many antidepressants (mostly SSRI's) without success. The side effects of these drugs were unbearable (mainly acute insomnia and panic attacks). Finally, after 30 years of intermittent mental suffering, despite running 30 miles a week and seeing a therapist on a regular basis, my primary care physician prescribed Cymbalta. It is a miracle drug. Although I've only been on it for 3 weeks, I'm already feeling relief from a major depression that started 6 months ago. I no longer have suicidal thoughts; negative, obsessive thinking; panic attacks; and I sleep like a rock. the world is so much brighter - I feel a sense of calm, contentment, and happiness."

Jane Cahill (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017