User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 5)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 134 reviews 63 medications

Chronic Pain 69 reviews 111 medications

5.9
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 915 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Fibromyalgia "I was put on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia pain, anxiety and depression. I had little to no side effects on the medication, and it helped the pain and anxiety, but I became resistant to the med for its depression reduction effects and switched to a different med after a couple of years. Being bipolar type 1, I have to change my regiment regularly and I am used to becoming resistant to meds over time. My husband is taking Cymbalta for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Chronic Pain, and he has experienced marked drowsiness that lasts most of the day for about 2 weeks when he began, and now again, since the doctor increased it because he is still taking 4 Klonopin a day to handle the anxiety. He has less pain, though."

remindjess (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "PTSD has been horrific. I starting this new treatment has without question saved my life all medication needs a little bit of will to get better so I started yoga classes and read a lot of self help books and with the medication as a crutch I'm getting the help I need."

dannylinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

For Depression "Worked for me at a time I had slipped into suicidal ideations. I have a rheumatological disorder that has no cure, & the treatment is dangerous (steroids most of the time); I have severe anxiety; do not know from a day to the following how I will feel or if I will accomplish small tasks, forget about holding a job. This helped anxiety, suicide thoughts, the horrible feelings of major depression, fear, & pain. It is important to read about the medications you should not take with this. Start slowly & have patience. Appears that more medications tried, the easier this is to get acclimated to."

RegisterLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Cymbalta about 4 years ago for severe body pain, I have had two back surgeries, two knee surgeries, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. The medication Cymbalta has improved my quality of life a lot. Mostly my fibromyalgia pain . I hadn't been able to sleep at night because of my all over body pain however since taking Cymbalta I have had much relief. I take it at night about an hour before bedtime, I take it along with Amtriptyline which helps me to sleep at night pain free. Only one side effect that. I have notice and that is it seems to take your sex drive, when interacting in sexual activity, it's like you don't feel anything, a lot of the time, and that can be a BIG problem for some people. You have to weigh up your options"

Thomas'a January 18, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "After taking Cymbalta for 3 weeks I had gradually started after week 1 to become very dizzy, rapid heart beats, anxiety, after week 2 the anxiety and panic attacks became severe, and the last day of taking it I felt like I was having a heart attack for 8 hours. It was after Cymblata had been out on the market for roughly one year a warning to Thyroid patients had been published , Hypothyroid Hoshimotos thyroiditis patient since 1989, since that time I am allergic to about 20 other medications used for fibromyalgia, myopathy, polyneuropathy, neuropathy, and so on. Another aspect with Cymbalta is that if your doctor is not up to education outside the representative selling this product then one could consider the patient mentally unstable."

TJP101 January 17, 2016

For Depression "After battling dysthymia alternating with moderate anxiety for years and trying all sorts of natural means to treat it, I slipped into major depression. I was prescribed a low dose of Cymbalta--20 mg. After taking just two pills over three days, it has been one awful drug trip. I'm hoping for the heavy, dizzy feeling of pressure on my brain to end. The lethargy, nausea and chills have also been bad. I have two children, one of whom stayed home sick while I was on this, and I could barely care for her. It killed my appetite, which I didn't think would be a bad thing, but when you only feel like eating a banana and an orange all day, it becomes a problem. I'm looking forward to "just" feeling depressed again."

Margret65 January 16, 2016

For Depression "I rarely have side effects to medication. In fact, I think there is only one other drug I have been on that I have had a side effect from other than this and trust me, I have been on more than I can even count. But this one, was AWFUL. Within the first day I was shaky, my heart was racing, and I felt dizzy if I stood up quickly, but what was even worse was the insomnia! I thought I could get used to the medication but 5 days later and it still wasn't any better. My doctor gave me trazodone to help me sleep but the other side effects were still there so I went off it after 2 weeks."

melllllllloo (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Back Pain "After taking 30mg per day for ten days, my severe back pain is almost gone. I increased to 60mg to further eliminate morning and evening pain. This has greatly improved my life."

Pammisue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Cymbalta has been a heaven sent. I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees and I'm 35. I stayed in chronic pain. On a 1-10 scale I was 76. This medication took my pain level to a 2. I couldn't believe how effective it was after 1 dose. I do suffer side effects such as nausea and diarrhea but I'm praying it passes. I've only been on the meds 3 days. I don't feel sidelined in life anymore. I can participate nearly pain free."

Sunset Mami (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine was great and did relieve my pain. However now it has been discovered that it is terribly hard to stop taking. The side effects are unbelievable. It can take a year to get off this medicine. Please go to the forum here about Cymbatla and also on facebook . I have currently started tapering off this medicine after taking it for 4 years or so because I believe it is causing other problems for me such as memory loss, brain fog, being tired all the time, tinnitus, night sweats, etc."

ladybadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug is the devil. It destroyed my life. It took everything that made me who I am away from me & locked it in a little box. I didn't notice my personality changing, I didn't notice how heavily I'd started to drink because it was creating more symptoms than it was treating. My partner, also on Cymbalta for slightly longer than I (probably still on it) also changed... He went from kind & considerate to selfish & cold. He avoided conflict at all costs when I met him, when we parted ways he would happily start arguments. Yes, Cymbalta helped me for about 2 months, but from there it was all side effects (apart from the aforementioned) of uncontrollable sweating & mood swings on top of the depression & anxiety it was supposed to be treating"

ConcernedStranger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Depression "Tried it for 2 days and felt like a zombie took the pain away from my body but made me feel like a controller . I would not recommend this medication to anybody. It seems like they want to take us off opiates and give us government induced mind altering drugs do not take this drug at any cost"

Perry Ramone (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

For Depression "It helps but not all the time I take 30 mg once a day."

Addies mamaw December 25, 2015

For Depression "I just started this medication two days ago and felt the effects within the same day. It was an absolute miracle like a curse was lifted off of me. I'll have to wait a few weeks and be observant of its effects, which so far have only been decrease in appetite. All in all this drug saved my life"

Vines December 23, 2015

For Depression "Cymbalta has been amazing for me. I started taking 60 mg a year ago for serve depression, I felt improvement in my mood after just 3 days, it took about 3 weeks to fully kick in. I felt amazing for the first time in about 10 years. After I began feeling better I was amazed to think about how long I had been depressed. Food tasted better, the sun shone brighter and I had tons of energy. I am still on cymbalta 60 mg a day and have noticed a drop in energy in the last couple of months so I am going to talk to my doctor but I have no depression and love this medicine it saved my life."

Stop and smell the flowers! (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Cymbalta ruined my life. If I forgot to take it one time it would be like going through heroin withdrawal. Not to mention my brain feel like mush when taking it forgetting things doing odd things. Don't get me wrong the first 2 months was great but everything slowly started getting worse. Emotional outbursts, angry all the time, overwhelming feelings, unable to control my emotions, suicidal thoughts, blood pressure dropping all the time and the list is endless. I ended up making my doctor take me off this medication I felt like I was losing my mind. The withdrawal from cymbalta is absoultley horrble. I have never posted a review on anything online ever! But people need to know how terrible this medication is."

Ronniekins90 December 20, 2015

For Depression "I started Cymbalta over a month ago. I have been on at least six other Depression medications in the past. Before this medicine, my Depression was so bad I couldn't go to work without losing it. I was unemployed for two months to take time away to get help with Depression. I spent a week in the hospital because I was ready to kill myself and felt like I didn't have a purpose for being here. I learned a lot about myself in the hospital, it was one of the best things I could of done for myself. As of today I am a month free of Depression. Where before I couldn't go minutes without major Depression. I have energy and motivation again. I do have a decreased appetitie on this medication. I take it once in the morning and at night."

Hope and a purpose (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took 60mg per day for over a year. Worked very well until recently. It kept the depression in check, but the anxiety is back in full swing. Don't skip a dose unless you like the zaps."

Olive Ewe (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 16, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have experienced anxiety and mild depression for several years. I finally decided to get help. Cymbalta has really helped. I noticed a change in the first couple days. My anxiety has all but disappeared. Experienced dry mouth and interrupted sleep the first several days. I have experienced tiredness but that has lessened over this month and I hope will go away all together."

Anxiousmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been taking this medication for about 2 months and have found it very helpful. I have a bed chemical imbalance disorder which just means that there are too many chemicals in my brain they were causing me to faint, have twitches and shiveres nearly every hour and seizures, to the point where I ended up in hospital after smacking my head on tiles during an episode. So far so good the medication has helped a lot. I think for nerve damage or anxiety this medication will help but maybe not for depression. I am always exhausted and my libido has significantly reduced but no twitches or seizures. I do notice that if I forget to take the medication or I drink my twitches and fits return :( Does not mix well with alcohol ."

AmieLouise December 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I took this drug awhile back, I was on it for 3 years. I don't recall ever having side effects while initially starting or during taking it over time. This drug seemed to help my depression and anxiety significantly, probably more than I actually realized at the time. Only problem I had was, if I missed a dose I'd be hit with massive emotional distress. Crying over the stupidest things rather it was positive or negative crying. My emotions were intense. After a long time without medicine now, trying to beat depression and anxiety on my own and being somewhat successful for an extended period of time I've been contemplating using it again. I've tried almost all of these meds, and this is the one that's worked for me the most."

nickname12345 December 11, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I just started on Cymbalta for excruciating nerve pain behind my right ear. This nerve pain is due to nerve damage from Shingles, PHN. I have to say that I am quite happy with the results so far. It seemed to zap the pain in about an hour from taking my first one. It seems to wear off by the next morning so I am going to try to up it to twice a day, hopefully I will not have trouble sleeping."

Karen H (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I just started Cymbalta 5 days ago for chronic neck pain as well as depression. The first few days were hell, I will admit that. I have had every side effect- nausea, dry mouth, constipation, extreme fatigue. But now at day 5, everything is starting to wear off and my neck honestly feels so much better and it's only been a few days. The only thing that seems to be sticking around is restlessness at night. I can fall asleep fine, but I wake up at around 3 am and can't get back to sleep. But I'm sure my body will adjust. I would suggest sticking with Cymbalta and pushing through the side effects if you can. This is supposed to be a great med."

chelseye (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've anxiety had a minimal level 4 about 6 months now and it has been getting worse and worse now my doctor tells me to up my cymbalta 290 milligrams, it's been about the month that I have done that along with taking my anxiety medicine both together really isn't doing much good. Will it help me?"

Smiley 357842367 December 9, 2015

For Depression "It worked for me at first day of treatment because I have lethargic depression it helped almost and made me feel energetic at first dose"

Surfaraz December 9, 2015