User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 5)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 162 reviews 56 medications

Chronic Pain 88 reviews 108 medications

6.1
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1071 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "This medication saved my life. I was severely depressed with suicidal thoughts...felt miserable and completely hopeless. The hardest thing was the first couple of weeks on this drug. I had nausea fatigue headaches etc. But please if you are suffering stick with it. 6 weeks later I am happy hopeful trying new things and loving life. This is a medication that takes TIME so be patient. But it has completely changed my life and I am so grateful."

Leahlo915 January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I had a patient attack me back in 1997 resulting in L shoulder ligament tears, which required surgery. Months after the surgery my L arm was very painful, cold, the skin hurt to touch it. I would cry with the pain daily. After seeing the orthopedic again just before surgery I asked what are you going to do about the cold temperature in my arm. To this point I had only seen physician assistance. The MD took one look at my arm, cancelled the surgery for the next day and sent me immediately to see another Dr in Jacksonville, FL. This Dr took one look at my arm and knew that moment what it was, RSD reflex sympathetic dystrophy. They tried several medications and he sent me to a pain specialists. He stared me on Cymbalta 120 mg daily."

DebMRN (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "By the third dose, I had experienced chest tightness, dry mouth, dilated pupils, dizziness and a loss of emotions. The most interference in my life was the dizziness. I did not want to drive the 25 miles to work and back due to feeling dizzy. The side effect that bothered me the most was the lack of feeling emotions. I felt very detached from any emotion and was unable to cry, laugh or feel love. I discontinued the drug after the third dose. This was not the way I wanted to feel while dealing with moderate anxiety. I'll look for herbal remedies and remain in therapist-guided talk therapy. I don't want to be a dizzy emotional zombie. I am also scared to death, from what I've read, to discontinue this drug due to horrendous bad side effects."

Susana Cruz (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "It works in subtle ways. It was supposed to help with RA pain but it has actually helped my outlook on my daily life as well. I feel hope and have extra energy. This relief of pain has helped me be able to draw better boundaries around situations I was allowing to happen in my life. The side effects are mild. I also like that I am not gaining weight. Subtle changes, but works great and in ways I did not expect. It has not taken away my RA pain, but has muted it a bit."

6 weeks - Cymbalta (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was on 30 mg for GAD and insomnia. After a month or so, I became so hyper and my insomnia went from only sleeping a few hours every day to having days of no sleep. Ativan, which had always helped me sleep, no longer worked. My thoughts were scattered, often terrifying so it was good they were brief I guess (it "cured" the anxiety, as I couldn't worry about something before the thought of it was just gone), I couldn't focus, became unable to work at all. I was weaned off about two weeks ago, still can't function at all. I am a bit better now than when on it, but far worse than I was before. I wish I never touch this stuff, I feel like I will never get my life back again, certainly never my career."

cutenickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I haven't noticed any help at all with my depression, my anxiety has gotten worse and I've never been so tired in my life. Also I'm all out sweating like crazy during the most very minimal tasks."

Tryinganother (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 33 year old female recently prescribed 20mg of Cymbalta for Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and PTSD. This medication has rapidly stabilized my condition and greatly contributed to better mood regulation. In less than a week, Cymbalta alleviated suicidal thoughts and my level of distress in response to triggers. Intrusive memories and fearfulness have been very minimal. Daily crying episodes are significantly reduced. Short term side effects included nausea, sharp decrease in appetite, and fatigue. Ongoing side effects are dizziness, afternoon drowsiness, loss of appetite, and weight loss. Dizziness is manageable if I drink water throughout the day. No sexual side effects experienced while on this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Cymbalta has made a huge difference. I was in constant pain and emotionally distraught 24/7. Now, taking 60mg a day I feel alive again. The only thing i dont like is my inability to deep sleep but i will take it over constant pain and distress any day."

Angel5279 December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been severely depressed over the past two years after the passing of my mother. MD tried me on Wellbutrin, Trazadone and Celexa. I continued on the Celexa for about 1 1/2 years but still had many days with depression and losing jobs only to remain in bed depressed, hopeless , tearful and suicidal thoughts. None of those meds worked for me. I have currently seen a new MD and changes my meds to Cymbalta in AM and Elavil in PM. These meds are miracle drugs for me. Been on them for a month now. I've never felt this good in years!!! "

Blessed37 December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was put on this after 5 days of no sleep with anxiety. It took week or two to kick in but has saved me. I am much more level and less anxious, no sleepless nights although I do take phenergan (antihistamine )to help with that"

Mattyjingle (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "please be cautious before taking cymbalta. I took cymbalta for 20 months, then decided to quit after changing my lifestyle. After discontinuing my perscription of 60mgs a day I endured brain zaps, insomnia, and eye pain for 3 weeks."

Ryan7741 December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Cymbalta was a real game changer for me after a lot of trial and error with other antidepressants. It was prescribed to me in 2006 during a major depressive episode in my early twenties that required inpatient hospitalization. The results were remarkable. In a span of 24 hours, I had much greater mood regulation and was not ruminating on negative thoughts. Cymbalta was also helpful in developing healthy eating patterns after a period of binge eating. The appetite suppressing effect made it easier for me to modify portions and lose the weight I'd gained. I took Cymbalta for two years. The only lasting side effect was afternoon and evening tiredness. Titrating off the medication went well except for some nausea that eventually resided."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I take cymbalta for depression and anxiety. I've read a few comments on here and it sounds like a few people may have or had serotonin syndrome. It has happened to me in the past when a prior doct didn't pay attention to my meds. Please be safe. Cymbalta has helped me a lot. I went off for about 3 yrs and have had to go back on."

Ithelpsme (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "At 60 years old with needle like pains and over 30 years of generalized anxiety it took two weeks of a little fog. I started taking at night 30mg. I am the guy I use to be today. Not worried about getting off because I'm not. I have tried it all and for depression caused by pain will fix this. Give it time. I put an X on each day and quit after a month. Smooth sailing."

RustyHinges December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "I suffer with several disc herniations and bulges from a automobile accident. I also have bone spurs on one of my vertebrae. Due to the workers comp case and doctors over prescirbing oxycodone which is the only pain meds out of almost 40 tried that helps my pain. They prescribed cymbalta to replace my oxycodone. They have cut my dosage in half and gave me cymbalta which I took for the first time They think oxycodone is such a bad drug? Taking cymbalta I was so high and hyper my heart beating out of my chest skin crawling and did nothing for pain and I really thought I was going to die. If I drove I probably would have killed some one. I never felt anything except pain relief from oxycodone???"

Manyseverebackproblems (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "After taking Cipralex for anxiety for over 6 months, I began to experience very low mood and energy levels. My doctor recommended I switch to Cymbalta. Overall my experience has been positive. I didn't even notice, but on Cipralex I had a very decreased sex drive that rebounded right back once I was put on Cymbalta. I had trouble finishing the first 2 weeks during sex, but this side effect along with decreased appetite dissipated after the first 3 weeks of treatment. Overall my mood has stabilized and I feel very good on this drug. Please note that people tend to report either great or horrible experiences and everyone reacts to drugs differently. Take reviews with a grain of salt and always collaborate with your doctor for best results."

cpbeans December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "So far, so good. I haven't been on it very long but I definitely feel like my overall quality of life has improved. Mild headache and nausea the first week or two, which went away. I still get sad, when sad things happen, but it no longer feels overwhelming. The "doom and gloom" is definitely gone. I take 2 a day, in the morning."

CGW70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This is like a miracle drug to me. I suffer from severe depression, anxiety & fibromyalgia. After 2 weeks on Cymbalta my pain significantly improved as well as my mood/anxiety. I'm taking 60 mg once a day."

Tamz65 December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I've been on Cymbalta/30mg for 1 week. Strong diarrhea first night, missed work the next day. Since then little trouble sleeping, napping on my days off. I work 12 hr shifts on my feet on a cement floor. I lost the feeling in my toes almost a year ago. Dealt with the hot coals burning on the bottom of my feet also. In such a short length of time I have had some relief in the burning of my soles and with the back pain. Hoping for continued improvement"

Ssanders261 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Second worst psych med I have ever taken, and I have taken 20 psych meds. First off it's caused an insane amount of horrible side effects. I feel like I am living a fog all the time and feel like I'm literally going insane. It's caused chronic muscle ache (I had no pain problems before taking this med) The only thing worse than dealing with being on this med is dealing with the miserable extremely long withdrawal of trying to get off of it. I have tried numerous times to get off of it using a slow weaning process, but it's just so difficult to get off of. I can truly say I wish I had never started this med, and there a much better meds out there for all conditions, that won't ruin your life."

Tsuluzo012 December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on 6 different meds now for depression. Truthfully, night before last, I almost voluntarily committed myself to psych. I couldn't take it anymore. After talking to my husband and my best friend, I decided not to go to the ER, but instead make an urgent next day appointment. I am I glad I did!!! I took dose #1(30 mg) at 3 pm. No zombie feeling. No brain fog. I mean, I could definitely feel I took something, but completely unlike any other med. Side effects, extremely nauseous, a little sweaty, giggly. Along with my SEVERE depression, I have multiple autoimmune diseases, PTSD, crippling anxiety, and chronic nerve/joint pain. I have not noticed decrease in pain yet, but wasn't expecting to after a single dose."

Hashisadceliac December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I experienced chronic pain for 4 years, I had difficulty sleeping, would go to work, come home and go to bed. Every time I physically exerted myself, taking a shower, preparing a meal, doing household chores, I would need to go lay down. My family would visit me in my bedroom, it was depressing. Cymbalta has changed my life. I can tolerate the cold, even the grocery store used to bother me. I am much more active and find myself only going to bed when it is time for sleep, I also sleep much better. My family has noticed a huge change in me, as far as being a part of life again. This is not without cost..I have the strangest dreams, +30lbs, tired, terribly constipated."

life sucked November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was placed on Cymbalta for depression in 2006 worked generally for the most part for the depression then in 08 or 09 I found out that they were prescribing it for FM which I do have FM & Cymbalta did absolutely nothing for pain I've had no side effects from the drug at all none. In my research for new SSRI I came across Savella which is designed for FM & I did a less than 30 days switch over from Cymbalta to Savella with 0 adverse effects or side effects( this medicine is working both for the depression & the FM.) I am also taking oxycodone 2/10Mg every 4hrs (in a 24 tyme frame)-12 pills a day. I'm also taking Flexeril 10 mg 3x a day & ibuprofen 800 mg 3x a day, & Tylenol I don't take the Tylenol because of the deaths that occurred!"

DaveyTheDJ November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "We all have challenges in life. I suffer from PTSD and depression. Over the years I have tried a few different medications. My fantastic physican based in Phoenix, AZ recommeded Cymbalta. It has really made a positive difference in my life. I have noticed that I'm doing a lot better in life. First my body pains have decreased. Followed by I'm more happy and positive. I'm more active in the local community through my commitment to a couple different volunteer organizations. If it wasn't for my caring and magnificent physican and NP I wouldn't be where I'm at today. I'm grateful for their support and on how well Cymbalta works. My quality of life has improved. Thank you for your time."

Cymbalta helps a lot... (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I've had RA for 56 years, and of course pain. Before having my gastric surgery I had tremendous pain in my lower back. A nurse friend who also as RA said I should try it, I took 30mg the first night and rocketed out of bed the next morning; the second night/morning the same thing, no pain and the flexibility to jump right out of bed. The third night I was wondering if I was just having a good couple of mornings, so I skipped the dose; I woke up at 2am with excruciating pain and downed the cymbalta. The next morning around 9am, I launched out of bed forgetting all about any pain. Bottom line, for me it was a God send, like most meds; you can't expect everyone to react the same. It's not rocket science people, get a weeks worth of samples."

FlyGuyRA November 24, 2016