User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 5)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 153 reviews 56 medications

Back Pain 23 reviews 178 medications

6.2
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1012 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "First dose made me sick feeling, nauseous, stomach issues. Created too many problems, I rather live with anxiety. Wish the drug people would come out with something new, w/o so many bad side effects. I will not take this drug ever. My anxiety is mild compared to many. I can function pretty good most of the time. Things are very stressful for me now with a sick husband. Don't take this drug."

Southern Gal August 16, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I usually cannot handle break-ups and become severely depressed, often crying myself to sleep. I was prescribed this medication for anxiety, which just so happened to be a few days before I was broken up with. Because of this medication, I was able to continue with my life almost unaffected. In fact, I had a more positive outlook, knowing I was worth more than my depression had previously led me to believe. This medication has saved me from an immense amount of emotional suffering."

thoughtsoh August 14, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Been on this med for 1 week. 30 mg. Within hours I felt better. I have fibromyalgia and depression. Was on 30 mg Celexa for 18 years and it no longer worked. Fibro became so bad I was afraid I would have to retire. Couldn't work properly and difficulty concentrating in the office. Went to a new doctor who recommended Cymbalta. Started it in a.m. and by 3 p.m. the pain was starting to ease. A miracle drug to me. Stayed on 10 mg for 5 days along with the Cymbalta. When stopped Celexa no withdrawal. This med has changed my life. The sun came out again. Everyone reacts differently to meds so I won't say everyone should take, but it certainly has worked for me."

Miss Alma (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I started out on 30mg for one week then moved up to 60mg, since starting the larger dose I am having frequent dizzy spells, headaches & fatique. I am planning to give it more time, this rx so far, has been the only rx that has lowered my pain due to chemotherapy. Hopefully, these side effects will stop soon."

thecitycricket August 8, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "It didn't help depression or low grade chronic pain AT ALL. I had better depression relief from Celexa and Wellbutrin. But the biggest reason I caution against cymbalta is because of the extreme withdrawal symtoms I experienced. I followed the doctor-recommended protocol to wean off. Weaning seems to mean prolonging misery. The nausea and dizziness I have endured for the last 5+ weeks with no end in sight is debilitating. I urge you to please research your options thoroughly before even trying cymbalta."

Hashimotos disease August 5, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have been taking the drug for just a little over 3 weeks , I want a life membership for this Drug , I hardly have any pain , I can feel my feet and feel great on it , I am one of the lucky ones after reading many posts , i Have had nerve pain for almost 3 years and it has been brutal , I have tied amtatriplean , and lyrica , both did not wok , feeling way better"

Raz1959 August 5, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain "After reading all the reviews and trying just about everything under the sun, I have found something that works for my lower back pain. I was in a car accident when I was 14 and broke my L4&5, since then I have been dealing with back pain (I am now 40). Last year my Dr. Discussed cymbalta with me. After doing some research I decided to give it a whirl, I was almost turned off the idea due to some of the negative experiences...glad I tried it. I am currently pain free, I did experience some side effects all of which dissapeared before 5 months; Excessive yawning Not being able to ejaculate during sex Feeling of tiredness Some anxiety Sweats Weight gain Vivid dreams kept peeing a little after I thought I was done Give it time, if you try!"

Benderben (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "It changed my life. Had anxiety every day for 4 years. My anxiety is like blowned away and I can start working with my self. Now 1 year on Cymbalta and still feeling fine."

Mike84Sweden August 3, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I took cymbalta for depression, anxiety, and for severe fibromyalgia symtoms. The extreme mood swings, depression, constant thoughts of suicide, symtoms that mimicked my already existing fibromyalgia symptoms and unfortunately made them worse. Sleepless nights-even days at a time, drowsiness, complete change in my personality. When I started a physician observed decrease with intention to quit cymbalta altogether, I tried killing myself multiple time, shakes, tremors, skin crawling, brain and body "zaps", nausea vomiting diarrhea mood swings hospitalization. Don't, just don't take it. There are other drugs and cbt therapies that are tried and true. Whose long term side effects are well understood and documented. Almost ruined me."

Nbkkw3y (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Made me very sick to my stomach, couldn't eat anything without wanting to vomit. Sedated too much to the point I didn't want to get out of bed all day. Also gave me insomnia. (30 mg)"

Pl24 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Add on to 30mg mirtazapine. Cymbalta taken in morning. 1st day: diarrhea, very stoned feeling all day, slightly more anxious. 2nd day: slightly more depressed and anxious, a little less stoned feeling, slight constipation, sexual dysfunction. 3rd day: extremely depressed...worst I've ever felt. Suicidal. 4th day: same extreme and worsening depression. Couldn't handle it, stopped taking it after 4th day. Worsened depression to the extreme. Don't know if the side effects would've lessened, but couldn't take the extreme depression. Sexual dysfunction also added to depression."

Frankly July 25, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I was prescribed 20 mg of Cymbalta three days ago. The agonizing pain in my knees is virtually gone. Not kidding! All the negative posts almost made me quit. Don't give up. I was offended that my doctor prescribed this medication as it is an antidepressant. I convinced myself I wasn't suffering depression I was suffering from chronic pain. Come on people! Who, if you are in chronic pain isn't depressed? I couldn't do anything anymore. I couldn't get out in the garden, couldn't cook for my family, couldn't walk up or down stairs without leaning on the rails. I know it's too soon to tell but I know it is doing what ever it's suppose to do in my brain to cut out the pain."

SandraDV July 21, 2016

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "Then everything went haywire. Psychiatrist kept me going until I was at 120mg a day. Depression worsened, experienced disassociative episodes (foggy memory while on these episodes where I do not remember certain events), increased headaches, insomnia, irritability, and suicidal thoughts. I'm appalled that my psychiatrist thought it was ok to keep increasing the dose until it was more than double what I was taking initially (20mg) despite symptoms getting much worse. During this time I also had 0 access to adequate talk therapies, whether in a group setting or 1-1 with a trained counselor. I am absolutely sickened that these dangerous drugs are promoted as a band-aid fix all solution when talk therapies are completely disregarded."

Worked for about a month... (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I started taking Cymbalta one month ago and saw positive results almost immediately. I was injured in a rear end collision 18 years ago"

scoz July 18, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Cymbalta, 60mg, for approx. 2 years. I also take Amitriptiline (I don't know how to spell it!) as well. My Fibromyalgia pain has lessened so much I sometimes think it is to good to be true! My sister was diagnose with Polymyalgia Rheumatica at about the same time and was taking Predisone. She had no relief. I told her to have her primary doc to test the Fibro pressure points. Long story short, the doctor put her on Cymbalta and she felt relief within 1 week! Has finally been able to sleep better and lift her arms over her head. This medication has pretty much saved my life. I have been treated with bipolar disorder successively for many years, but noticed that since I have taken Cymbalta, my outlook on life has improved"

Sadikens July 13, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I went on Cymbalta for my fibromyalgia pain and depression. I never had any real early side effects like nausea or vomiting, but I have gained 15 pounds. My meds have helped me and I don't suffer from as many days of dreading to get out of bed. Cymbalta has helped me greatly and if some extra weight is the price I have to pay to be happy then I can deal with that."

Birch bitch July 13, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I had such terrible pain and lost my ability to walk. My Doctor put me on cymbalta and within 48 hours my pain had decreased. I had to up my dose from 20 to 30 and everything is fine and I am walking and my back and pelvis pain had greatly decreased. Thank God for the drug cymbalta."

Ponchita (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety "I'm on at this time 1mg alprazalam 3×a day. And Cymbalta 60 milligrams once a day ever since I started taking the Cymbalta my anxiety my mood my pain it all feels way better. I used to take 8 or as many as I needed bars a day for my anxiety. Finally got into a psychiatrist I was so freaked out that they were going to prescribe me Xanax for anxiety because doctors are so blah blah blah about it because people screw it up for people like me that need it well the Cymbalta lowered my Xanax use basically in half I think it's really more mental on my part and the Cymbalta has been really good for me I had one time that I went off of it for 2 days because I couldn't make it to the pharmacy and yes my anxiety came back in full-blown anxiety."

Lonely0420 July 12, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have a amputated left arm I have horrible nerve pain ,the doctor I just saw started me on cymbalta I have only been on it a week and have not noticed any different yet how long does it take for it to work?"

No Arm (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I have tried many many different meds for anxiety and depression.I have been taking this for a month now and it has helped me so much. I have less anxiety episodes and feel much happier and relaxed."

ontnurse2 July 11, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression "I was hopeful when starting this medication, but it was overall ineffective. It made me sleep a lot, gave me horrible nightmares which piggy-backed off of my PTSD, and made me sweat profusely in my sleep. When I first began the medication, it felt like my muscles were weak. My limbs would shake and i'd also feel as though I couldn't hold my bladder. The nightmares were the worst part. I'd wake up screaming or crying."

AmphyAlexis (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Do not give to people under 18 the black box warning is true I was put on this when I was 16 (i'm 19 now) and it made me want to kill myself to the point of hospitalization. Even though that side effect may be rare it does happen. Do not think it won't happen to you or your child because it's so rare. Im blessed to still be alive today. It makes you messed up beyond words. Should never be given to young kids. It ruined my teenage years. It ruined it!!!I am dead serious too!!!"

Macyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia "Cymbalta didn't help with my pain it only made me feel like zombie, I'm trying to get off of it and it's a nightmare. I'm removing 7 beads from the capsule every day and feel soo sick. I feel like I'm going to die at times"

SherryK72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain "I wanted to write this in the hope of helping others. I've been dealing with chronic back pain that got a lot worse and intolerable the last few months. I couldn't sit, or drive without back spasms and shooting nerve pain. I was at my wits end. I tried a medrol 5 day pack, it didn't seem to help much. My doctor suggested a low dose 20mg of cymbalta. I was desperate so I thought I would try it and it's made a major difference- almost immediately. The side effects were bad for about 3-4 days, super tired, yawning non stop, very fuzzy, and no appetite. But I've been on it now for almost a month and I'm back to light workouts, and able to do mostly normal things. It does effect your libido though. My Dr also recommended Valium at night."

Sinclair45 July 1, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years. I am bipolar and found it to be an excellent SSRI for depression. I also have osteoarthritis with 2 replaced knees before 50 years old. My meds were being changed around (which we do now and then for efficacy) and I came off the Cymbalta. By day 2 I was in agony. Every joint in my body ached and I was in terrible pain. I went back to my Psychiatrist and by that point he had heard about the connection. I went back on Cymbalta and by day 2 I was up and working in the garden just like before. Absolutely no pain."

plkc2244 June 21, 2016