User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 5)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 156 reviews 56 medications

Chronic Pain 85 reviews 113 medications

6.2
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1043 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Chronic Pain "I developed a chronic pain syndrome post chole 25 year ago. My pain waxed and wained. Pain medication did nothing. The only thing that helped a little was muscle relaxants. My doctor suggested cymbalta. The effect was immediate. I just thought I was having a good week. I took 30 mg daily (lowest dose). The pain never returned. I still have muscle stiffness but the pain associated with it is gone. I have an arthritic thumb from an injury that still causes me pain. So for arthritic pain it does not seem to help. All I can say is give it a try. The effects for me were immediate."

Tuna1 November 5, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "For some reason I am still feeling depressed after switching from Cymbalta to a generic brand. I am finding it harder to deal with everyday life now that I switched than before. I have been looking for info on weather or not the generic form is just as effective as the brand name. If anyone can help with any kind of information that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks."

Sad and confused (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had/having a horrible time with this medication. Currently trying to wean off with my MDs help. I've had every listed side effect and subsequent health problems that required expensive work ups. Most dramatically I developed vertigo and severe headaches after being on the med for about 3-4 months. Vertigo was debilitating and required time off of work and multiple doctor appointments to rule out other conditions. I also had electrical zings and numbness and tingling down my body. The weaning has been the most problematic causing these awful side effects to worsen. I'm a registered nurse and I would never recommend this drug to anybody. I did not feel any benefits for my depression."

Susieirene1980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Cymbalta is from the devil Evil, evil drug. Trying to stop it is hell on earth. Severe anxiety and emotional pain. Horrible dreams. I am an absolute wreck. Didn't take it for three days and was in extreme trouble. They don't make the dose low enough so you can get off it. Lowest is 30mg. Load of garbage."

Cymbalta is from the devil (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Helped the fibro pain completely. But my sleep is totally messed up and I am tied all the time Also I feel emotionally flat. No motivation at all. For now I'll keep on it as having total body pain 24/7 was hell on earth"

Lottielayna October 17, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "My personal advice to anyone thinking of starting Cymbalta, don't do it. I only wish someone told me before I took it. Granted, it did take the edge off of some of my pain short term. The side effects just aren't worth it. I was fortunate enough to only suffer mood swings, anger, brain zaps and so on for about a month because I wasn't on it that long. They don't tell you that once you start taking Cymbalta, it's near impossible for someone to safely come off on their own if they have been on it more than a couple of months. Just please do your research. Some people have had great success but others barely lived to tell their horror stories and others aren't here"

Diveranda (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Guys I have unbearable anxiety everyday. Nothing seems to work. I'm currently on lyrics which dulls it down a little but its highly addictive and you can't miss a dose or you go through hell. It affects your sex drive also. I have tried all the anti D's I can think of but nothing seems to work. Life is hell everyday I get up and its the same mental torment. What do I do? Is cymbalta worth trying?"

Big anx October 15, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have GAD and mild depression. I initially had side effects such as insomnia, no appetite, and nausea but they went away after a few days. This has helped my anxiety tremendously! It is not without side effects though. If I forget to take it I will get nausea, headaches and dizziness. I did gain weight and some diarrhea but it has had no bad sexual side effects. I have been taking this for a year now. I am finding that the depression is now increasing so maybe time for a dosage change. Just keep in mind everyone is different and sometimes the benefits outweigh the effects."

ItWorksnow October 14, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Been on cymbalta 30 mg for days now. Controls my anxiety and my hunger. I hv lost about 8lbs and feel good. Also helps with my sleep at night. I am happy"

Lorraine 1972 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "started sweating first few days after starting med, and had weird feelings this med was making it worse. All went away after two weeks and now I am doing well with this med."

sgtjohn October 12, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had been suffering from depression, suicidal thoughts & tendencies anxiety and nerve damage. I went to a doctor who prescribed me cymbalta and I started on 30 mg. I was on it for about 1 week and I noticed I wasnt eating. I would have to tell myself to eat because I could go a whole day without eating anything. I noticed I did feel a little bit better in my ways but it wasnt enough to keep me motivated to do anything. So the second week I was put on 60 mg. I can say I have never been this motivated ever with school work going out with friends trying new things and actually participating in school. Im 4 weeks in now & ive never been better. Downsides: restlessness waking from sleep jitters and waves of feeling hyper."

Wacka (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Hi everyone-I just started Cymbalta about 2 weeks ago and so far it has been great-My anxiety was really bad for months, leading to severe depression, and I finally had to talk to my doctor about taking something-I was reluctant about taking anything and hadn't before now-I am so glad I did! I take 30 mg now 1x day and like the lower dose-Initially had a couple a bad reactions-after 12 hrs of my first pill, I got severely hyper but it settled about 6 hrs later then I took a day off and restarted-it's been fine ever since-I can't explain how great it feels to not have those negative thoughts constantly harass you and the renewed sense of self and confidence is over-whelming. I only noticed dry mouth and I'm more forgetful it seems."

Kiyoty October 3, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'm taking Duloxetine 20mg per day for anxiety and minor depression. I have taken this med for almost two months and keep a daily journal. As a 'blind study' I started this drug without my wife's knowledge. I noticed a decrease in my overall anxiety in ten (10) days and my wife mentioned my calmness in two weeks. I am a 70 year old male and I supplement Duloxetine with Buspar on an 'as needed' basis for anxiety. The Duloxetine seems to smooth things out without the numbing effect of a benzodiazepine. I'm on the minimum available dosage and will soon ask my PCP to up my dosage to 40mg per day. There have been absolutely no bad side effects from the drug."

zionfrost (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I began taking Cymbalta 30 mg on 07-07-16 due to moderately severe depression, anxiety and physical pain. Almost immediately I felt better in all aspects; however, severe chronic constipation also occurred. I took Miralax daily and still only had BMs every two to three days. Then about two to three weeks ago I started feeling angry as if I was backsliding. I was going to increase from 30 mg to 60 mg but my doctor wanted to prescribe a medication for idiopathic constipation, which mine wasn't. My last dose of Cymbalta was on 09/30/16 and I started taking Zoloft 50 mg again on 10/1/16. I guess one can't have it all. Even taking Zoloft causes constipation but I take 20 billion probiotic twice daily and it moves things along regularly."

RacerMcRacerton October 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "This works incredibly well for my nerve pain."

Carolina Annie September 28, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My outstanding physician and another member of the team recommended Cymbalta. I switched over from Zoloft and this medicaton works quite well. I suffer from Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, and severe nerve pains. The side effects have been quite minimal. I'm more involved in the community through volunteer activities, working, and accomplishing my goals. I'm more social and interactive. My depression and anxiety have decreased by at least 60 percent. My body pain has decreased. I'm more physically active, eating healthier and just more up beat. A special thanks goes out to my physician, his team and a fantastic representative who also recommended Cymbalta. Thank you for reading my review."

JDhomephx (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication totally changed my life. I was previously suffering from intense suicidality and intrusive thoughts, overwhelming social and physical anxiety. After about 1-2 weeks, I noticed a significant improvement. After 4-8 weeks, things were 100% great. My job isn't the best job to have in the world, but I feel happy to get up and be productive and am proud of working hard. I am happy and confident and wish I would have known about it sooner. The side effects have been minimal, a little bit of restlessness and waking during sleep, not 100% sure if it's attributable to the medication. Overall from my experience I would completely recommend it."

cymbalt1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had moderate depression, crushing anxiety, and probably fibromyalgia. (I've never pursed fibro testing due to no health insurance.) One week ago I just could not go on. Depression, anxiety, and all-over aches and stiffness stopped me in my tracks. One day on 30 mg Cymbalta and it all cleared up. I could not believe it. It is a miracle for me. I've been on it one full week and am now over the slight nausea, dizziness, and dry mouth. YaY! :-)"

Eileen W September 19, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medicine was a disaster for me. I was put on 30mg once a day before bed and the day I started it I felt the effects. I started to get the shakes, I got hyper, I was nauseous, all my muscles were tense especially my neck, I sweat CONSTANTLY I couldn't drink enough for how bad I was sweating. At the one week mark I was directed to double the dose. BIG mistake. My throat started to get very tight and my pupils were so dilated you could no longer see the color of my eyes; I have glaucoma so that could be why. I eventually went to the ER where they directed me to take one more half dose and stop. I had 0 benefits it just made me feel horrible. Seeing as I had a similar reaction to Effexor I'm clueless as to why I was put on this medication."

meh_says_meh (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "When I was started on this Med I was not in a good place mentally. I did NOT get the information any health care professional should always give to patients when starting a new treatment. With that being said, the Med not only helped my depression but also my chronic pain issues. I ran out of this Med and was going to refill the following day. I began to experience electric type shocks to my head that I can only like to a cattle prod put against your head. Never had I experienced anything like this before and as it began to become more frequent and worsen I looked up this symptom and was surprised to find that it was associated with the withdrawal of Cymbalta. I had the Med refilled immediately but I am angry I was not fully informed."

Rntina September 18, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "The first few days I took the 30mg it worked great my pain was pretty much gone and I felt like myself again, other then the bad side effects. But after the first few days my pain started coming back more everyday. I did start taken 60mg about a month later but it did not help with the pain and I could not deal with the side effects. I am still on the 30mg because it does help with my depression."

Anonymous September 14, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had been on Effexor for five years and had noticed a decrease in helping me with my depression so my Dr switched me over to Cymbalta ... I did not get harsh side effects aside from a little jitters at the beginning but it soon settled. I must say I have been on it three months and I have been waiting for my anxiety to subside ... Cymbalta no help there at all. Pain I have Ankelosing Spondolosis ... curved spine and pinched nerves (severe sciatica ) no help there either. Maybe my case is just a little more than 60 mg a day can handle ... but honestly I'm ready to go back to effexor, vicodin and alprazolam. At least they worked. If anyone has advice please drop a line."

Wrecked Nerves (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Cymbalta Time Release (for Major Depressive Disorder and Anxiety) before bedtime at 11 p.m., 2 nights ago. I felt fine that night, until the next morning. I started feeling very nauseous and sick, (which I have a severe phobia to vomiting), I started sweating, chills, dizzy feeling, which threw me into a severe panic attack, which made me feel even more nauseous, which made my panic attack last longer. I couldnt calm myself down. I felt like I was in a nightmare! I didnt start feeling any better until about 8 pm that evening. Its been 2 days since ive taken Cymbalta and im still experiencing major panic attacks 3-4 x's a day with nausea and vomiting. I wish i had never taken that medicine now!"

MamawOf10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I was started on Cymbalta for pain at 30 mg per day the first month. I experienced mild disruption of sleep for a few nights, but no other side effects. My pain was initially reduced by 70% but began to wear off by evening. Second month my dose was upped to 60 mg per day, which I take at lunch time. My neck pain and neuropathy in hands and feet have been reduced by 90% which is like a miracle to me. I have been able to resume yoga and biking. Life is very good now. I was switched to generic Duloxetine with no loss of benefit and no more side effects. I'm one of the lucky ones who does not suffer many side effects from medications. My sister cannot use this one at all."

SalsaVerde September 9, 2016

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I feel the need to write this review as I read so many negative reviews online of Cymbalta before I started taking it, and they really freaked me out. However, while I cannot negate what others have said as I know this type of medication varies for almost everyone, Cymbalta has been really great for me! I have mysterious chronic pain for over two years now, and after trying so many different things to lessen it (other medications, chiropractic, PT, supplements, acupuncture, stretching, icing....the list goes on), this has been the only thing that has really helped me. My pain hasn't gone away fully, but Cymbalta has made my life a lot easier. I have experienced no side effects so far."

HRUT September 7, 2016