User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 5)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 134 reviews 63 medications

6.2
Chronic Pain 71 reviews 111 medications

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 928 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Fibromyalgia "Cymbalta/Duloxatine is evil. I was prescribed it for fibromyalgia. I have had jaw pain and stiffness, 50 lb weight gain (very uncharacteristic, for me, binge eating), leg pain, muscle pain and twitching, lung fullness and coughing, high blood pressure, blurred vision, chest pain, unsteady gait, shortness of breath. My Dr refused to accept Cymbalta/Duloxatine as a reason for symptoms and was upset with me. She increased dosage from 30mg to 60mg to 90mg in 6 months. My health kept deteriorating. She wanted me to do a sleep study, saying I must not be sleeping/breathing well. I am currently looking for another Dr and awaiting Cymbalta/Duloxatine in a bead form (instead of the 6 pills in mine) so I can taper off at a 5% or less rate."

conbro (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2016

For Depression "At the moment I've only had one dose of this 30mg Cymbalta. I've woken up from a 6 hr sleep feeling like I want to pass out and chest getting pounding. Is this normal"

Chris.cym February 17, 2016

For Depression "I was on the meds 2014 . I noticed black marks on My arms an legs unusual. I stopped taking it the marks went away. After suffering many traumatized events I went back on last year to find more random black marks on my body. I'm not sure if it's working for depression. I'm still sad most days. I also have constant headaches. mood swings. Still high pain levels. Depression runs deep. I know I need something just scared to try the list. SMH"

Ledfoot February 17, 2016

For Depression "This was the third medication I tried for my depression and anxiety. I'm not going to lie, the entire time I was on it I felt like I was on Ecstasy 24/7. Everything was rainbows and sunshine and I felt so euphoric and amazing and warm and fuzzy. However, I had the nastiest headaches constantly, and they came on as soon as I'd take the meds. Almost the entire time I felt so nauseous and I had migraines and it didn't let up. I switched at my monthly appointment because the headaches made the euphoria not worth it."

Ashley Savage (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I have had fibromyalgia with chronic depression for years. Started Cymbalta two weeks ago. I was very lightheaded and dizzy at first. I continued on. I am at two weeks now 30 mg per day. I sure can feel when I need my dose the pain is unbelievable when it comes back. I am looking forward to bumping my dose to 60 mg per day. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you out there I hope this is a miracle drug for all of us."

Anonymous February 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I began taking cymbalta six weeks ago for generalized anxiety disorder. Although the initial side effects of disrupted sleep was difficult, it disappeared after about three weeks. I began on 30 mg and increased to 60 mg after one week. The results have been incredible. For the first time ever, I can sit quietly without a million thoughts running through my head. I no longer feel "stuck" on certain thoughts. I feel calmer, more relaxed and happier. I also find that my thinking is very clear. Overall, feeling very, very good. Highly recommend cymbalta."

Traceygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Tried Cymbalta for pain and slight depression. It helped for maybe 10 months. Then began experiencing panic attacks, anxiety, mouth sores, racing heart at bedtime, insomnia, and increased pain and cramps in legs. Took me about 3 months to figure out that the Cymbalta wasn't working. I tried increasing from 30 mg to 60 mg and that made it worse. Have changed meds. Made the change easily in one week, but I had already gone back to the 30 mg dose. The anxiety, panic attacks, etc. have stopped."

JFME (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2016

For Depression "Many failed attempts on depression meds and lapsed into severe depression, suicidal thoughts, head to toe severe pain psychiatrist put me on 120mg of Cymbalta a day. Boom the pain and depression were gone. Instant relief, it was a godsend but I very quickly realized that the depression was not actually gone. It had shifted it into my anger/frustration emotion controllers, which for the most part I could deal with but after a few years the side effects add up. I have the horrible next few months of coming off this drug but need to as I now have insomnia, chaotic dreams, extreme lethargy and suicidal thoughts which you don't feel like acting on but still have. It does work but it is not a long term solution and I should have changed yrs ago."

Was looking for answers lol (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was put on this med due to degenerative arthritis in my neck and depression, (I was taken off the other mood meds and swapped to just this) For two weeks I took 30 mg, which didn't seem to help much, I also suffer from headaches/migraines. I was upped to 60mg which after the 3rd day was the first time in over 40 years I didn't wake up with a headache. It's been 4 days now with no headache, I have a bit of a humming in my ear, like when an amp is left on, but I'll take that over headaches any day, occasionally I've had the runs, but not sure if this is med related. I have noticed an improvement in my mood, also, I should mention also started seeing a Chiropractor for the first time and she's also done some miracle work on the neck."

In My Opinion (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Depression "I have spent a long time trying to find the right cocktail of meds since I was diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar, Depression and anxiety. Currently I'm taking 100mg of Lamactal, 50mg Cymbalta and 50mg of Trazadone. I feel awesome! I'm not as moody, I'm happy. It's a shame that I have to switch medications because I LOVE my mood, however the sexual side effects are just something I cant take. My NP is putting me on Viiebyd instead of the Cymbalta and from reading the reviews, I'm nervous about it. If the new medication dosnt work for me, I will go back to the cocktail I was taking and figure something out with the sexual side effects"

clenti (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Depression "Cymbalta has turned my life upside down. I was on the awful excuse for a medication for a year and a half taking 100mg every day. Over the past four months I have been weaned off of it by my doctor and 10 days ago was my last dose. I will never ever take that nasty drug ever again. The withdrawals are excruciating. I am absolutely miserable. Even after ten days I am still experiencing the following: nausea, dizziness, fevers, chills, emotional roller coasters, random crying, brain zaps, irritability, loss of appetite, loss of interest to do daily activities, anger, vomiting, isolation, aches and pains in my bones and high levels of anxiety. I feel as if these feelings are never going to end. "

Miserable Person February 2, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I took 1 30mg and it has made me so sick. I've been having flu like symptoms and my anxiety is through the roof. I couldn't sleep last night and this was just taking 1. I normally take Valium 20mg a day and Ativan 1mg and I'm ok but lately with all meds I think my body after so many years is used to the benzodiazepines they aren't working as well. I'm still having panic attacks that are disabling. I need help. Every SSRI or SNRI doesn't not work at all. I took from my teens until I was 22 ecstasy everyday and when I stopped is when the anxiety started and has never left even though I've been quit for 11 years. I don't want to be on medications any more I just want to live life that's all :( this medicine ruined an entire day for me."

PanicMode247 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have been on Cymbalta for over 2 years. I have M.S. And am a type 1 diabetic with severe Neuropathy. Before this medication, the searing pain in my legs was unbearable. I could not walk because of it. I was originally put on gabapenton, and had such severe side effects that I quit taking it. My neurologist then prescribed me Cymbalta. He started me on a low dose, then after a month doubled it. Since then, I experience little to no pain. When I am a bit uncomfortable, I get in a warm bath and the pain is gone. I sleep better, have better control over my blood sugar as it does suppress appetite, but that means I am not munching or over eating. I can not live without it!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was put on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia pain, anxiety and depression. I had little to no side effects on the medication, and it helped the pain and anxiety, but I became resistant to the med for its depression reduction effects and switched to a different med after a couple of years. Being bipolar type 1, I have to change my regiment regularly and I am used to becoming resistant to meds over time. My husband is taking Cymbalta for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Chronic Pain, and he has experienced marked drowsiness that lasts most of the day for about 2 weeks when he began, and now again, since the doctor increased it because he is still taking 4 Klonopin a day to handle the anxiety. He has less pain, though."

remindjess (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "PTSD has been horrific. I starting this new treatment has without question saved my life all medication needs a little bit of will to get better so I started yoga classes and read a lot of self help books and with the medication as a crutch I'm getting the help I need."

dannylinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

For Depression "Worked for me at a time I had slipped into suicidal ideations. I have a rheumatological disorder that has no cure, & the treatment is dangerous (steroids most of the time); I have severe anxiety; do not know from a day to the following how I will feel or if I will accomplish small tasks, forget about holding a job. This helped anxiety, suicide thoughts, the horrible feelings of major depression, fear, & pain. It is important to read about the medications you should not take with this. Start slowly & have patience. Appears that more medications tried, the easier this is to get acclimated to."

RegisterLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Cymbalta about 4 years ago for severe body pain, I have had two back surgeries, two knee surgeries, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. The medication Cymbalta has improved my quality of life a lot. Mostly my fibromyalgia pain . I hadn't been able to sleep at night because of my all over body pain however since taking Cymbalta I have had much relief. I take it at night about an hour before bedtime, I take it along with Amtriptyline which helps me to sleep at night pain free. Only one side effect that. I have notice and that is it seems to take your sex drive, when interacting in sexual activity, it's like you don't feel anything, a lot of the time, and that can be a BIG problem for some people. You have to weigh up your options"

Thomas'a January 18, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "After taking Cymbalta for 3 weeks I had gradually started after week 1 to become very dizzy, rapid heart beats, anxiety, after week 2 the anxiety and panic attacks became severe, and the last day of taking it I felt like I was having a heart attack for 8 hours. It was after Cymblata had been out on the market for roughly one year a warning to Thyroid patients had been published , Hypothyroid Hoshimotos thyroiditis patient since 1989, since that time I am allergic to about 20 other medications used for fibromyalgia, myopathy, polyneuropathy, neuropathy, and so on. Another aspect with Cymbalta is that if your doctor is not up to education outside the representative selling this product then one could consider the patient mentally unstable."

TJP101 January 17, 2016

For Depression "After battling dysthymia alternating with moderate anxiety for years and trying all sorts of natural means to treat it, I slipped into major depression. I was prescribed a low dose of Cymbalta--20 mg. After taking just two pills over three days, it has been one awful drug trip. I'm hoping for the heavy, dizzy feeling of pressure on my brain to end. The lethargy, nausea and chills have also been bad. I have two children, one of whom stayed home sick while I was on this, and I could barely care for her. It killed my appetite, which I didn't think would be a bad thing, but when you only feel like eating a banana and an orange all day, it becomes a problem. I'm looking forward to "just" feeling depressed again."

Margret65 January 16, 2016

For Depression "I rarely have side effects to medication. In fact, I think there is only one other drug I have been on that I have had a side effect from other than this and trust me, I have been on more than I can even count. But this one, was AWFUL. Within the first day I was shaky, my heart was racing, and I felt dizzy if I stood up quickly, but what was even worse was the insomnia! I thought I could get used to the medication but 5 days later and it still wasn't any better. My doctor gave me trazodone to help me sleep but the other side effects were still there so I went off it after 2 weeks."

melllllllloo (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Back Pain "After taking 30mg per day for ten days, my severe back pain is almost gone. I increased to 60mg to further eliminate morning and evening pain. This has greatly improved my life."

Pammisue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Cymbalta has been a heaven sent. I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees and I'm 35. I stayed in chronic pain. On a 1-10 scale I was 76. This medication took my pain level to a 2. I couldn't believe how effective it was after 1 dose. I do suffer side effects such as nausea and diarrhea but I'm praying it passes. I've only been on the meds 3 days. I don't feel sidelined in life anymore. I can participate nearly pain free."

Sunset Mami (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine was great and did relieve my pain. However now it has been discovered that it is terribly hard to stop taking. The side effects are unbelievable. It can take a year to get off this medicine. Please go to the forum here about Cymbatla and also on facebook . I have currently started tapering off this medicine after taking it for 4 years or so because I believe it is causing other problems for me such as memory loss, brain fog, being tired all the time, tinnitus, night sweats, etc."

ladybadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug is the devil. It destroyed my life. It took everything that made me who I am away from me & locked it in a little box. I didn't notice my personality changing, I didn't notice how heavily I'd started to drink because it was creating more symptoms than it was treating. My partner, also on Cymbalta for slightly longer than I (probably still on it) also changed... He went from kind & considerate to selfish & cold. He avoided conflict at all costs when I met him, when we parted ways he would happily start arguments. Yes, Cymbalta helped me for about 2 months, but from there it was all side effects (apart from the aforementioned) of uncontrollable sweating & mood swings on top of the depression & anxiety it was supposed to be treating"

ConcernedStranger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Depression "Tried it for 2 days and felt like a zombie took the pain away from my body but made me feel like a controller . I would not recommend this medication to anybody. It seems like they want to take us off opiates and give us government induced mind altering drugs do not take this drug at any cost"

Perry Ramone (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015