User Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Epilepsy

Also known as: Neurontin, Gralise, Gabarone, Fanatrex

Gabapentin has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Epilepsy. 58% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Gabapentin Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Gabapentin

abusick88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2016

Neurontin (gabapentin): “well neurotin has really not done anything for me..i was an alcoholic and had seizures..many times and they put me on propranolol it has helped more than anything I guess for the tremors but as far as seizures nope not doing anything I still feel like I'm about to have a heart attack/seizure...just aint doing it for me”

gimpy gypsy · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2013

“I've been on this medicine for 10 yrs now and have my seizures under control with 1200 mg a day a neurologist placed me on it after trying Dilantan and Depakote. I didn't realize it could be helping my anxiety and restless legs and migraines. I had terrible headaches before I was on gababentin and now have all these things under control. I did gain 30lbs when we added a antidepressant.”

Anonymous January 7, 2011

“I was also given gabapentin along with Keppra for seizures. The seizures seem to be under control and I am happy with the results but unlike the first comment I have not gained any weight. I have actually lost like 70 pounds.”

Anonymous September 18, 2011

“I am 30 years old, and I have epilepsy. I just came off of Tegretol and only on gabepentin after asking my neurologist if I could please. At single doses of 600mg 3 times a day, I feel like my anxiety goes away, but my head can feel groggy. I actually have panic attacks, anxiety attacks, depression as a result of epilepsy. I do like Gabapentin if it prevents seizures. Last night I felt nuts, and racing thoughts. Maybe I need to up my doses to 1200mg at night instead of 600mg. I do sleep very well once I do crash. It can make me a calmer and hungry. I couldn't survive, literally, without it. I know I would have seizures and panic attacks. Side effects...very few compared to Tegretol.”

Zar · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2019

“Had been on Dilantin/Mysoline for years for my epilepsy with good success in controlling seizures. Doc decided to add Gabapentin to the mix and ended up in ER with seizures coming in waves. Never happened before - only had nocturnal seizures every couple of years - one at a time - not multiples. After coming off Gabapentin, meds back to Dilantin/Primidone -- no seizures in past 20 yrs.”

Egpeter20 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2021

“I have suffered from Trigeminal Neurology for 6 years, and after the first half of an 800mg pill. Recovered instantly. Then I took 800mg pill at once every 2 days. Gabapentin gave me hope to continue my life.”

4mymeds February 21, 2014

Neurontin (gabapentin): “Has controlled my seizures, in conjunction with Tegretol, for over fifteen years, seizure free.”

Gemprid · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 16, 2014

Neurontin (gabapentin): “I take 1500mg daily, morning, noon mid afternoon, tea time and evening. They have kept my fits away .”

Lizardking8616 September 3, 2016

Neurontin (gabapentin): “It is a great medication I've had no seizures and my back pain is little to none”

Seizure12345 September 19, 2016

“Caused increased seizures and made the clonic tonic seizures so much worse then they were prior to not taking gabbapention. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone.”

tammyb1964 August 11, 2007

“I was prescribed gabapentin for seizures I have pretty bad fibroylgia and ibsd as soon as I started taking this my ibsd is gone after living with this foul disease for 20 yrs.”

Anonymous March 27, 2008

“the dr gave me gabapentin to go along with my keppra for seizures and migranes. i have gained about 20 pounds in 5 months. still really helps not to be so shakey all the time.”

Anonymous March 29, 2019

“This gabapentin cause my seizures to be worst. M”

Alix4139 February 1, 2017

“Can't get hard or stay hard when on this medication.....”

Learn more about Epilepsy