User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Gabapentin Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Benign Essential Tremor.

Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Benign Essential Tremor

"I have Diabetes Type 2 and Essential Tremors with Diabetic pain in my feet mostly in my toes and Diabetic nephropathy from my knees down And my left hand wants to bounce around all over the place So my Doctor started me at 100 mgs a day but that was totally ineffective. Then they changed it to 300 mgs 3 times a day that worked for awhile but my legs were driving me nuts and my Essential tremors in my left arm was still going on So then they put me on 600 mgs 3 times a day but now after two months it's not effective any more it's like I'm not taking anything at all and now my toes are starting to drive nuts again but not as bad yet and my Essential Tremors is going strong again. What else can they give me ?"

dkh2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had E T since my late 30's and am in my early 60's now. My dr put me on gabapentin for neuralgia following shingles. We saw it just about stopped my tremors. I've been on 300 mg since then but after the first years it's getting worse where the present dosage is no longer helping. I'm not sure going up a dose will work. Took me 6 months where I wasn't sleeping constantly. The tremors are in my hands and my left is worse but thankfully I'm right handed. It keeps me from doing fine knitting and needlework and sewing takes me so much longer now. Frustrating!"

Mybride July 11, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 51 yr old white female with progressive essential tremors noticeable since about 18 yrs, (neck, head, hand tremors). At 38 yrs old, I began taking propranolol which helped some but the amount needed to really control the tremor made me too tired to function. I began gabapentin about 5 years ago and it nearly eliminates my tremor with only low doses."

SDWoman March 26, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 45yr old African American female who has had Essential Tremor since birth. I have tried numerous drugs over the years but found Valium to be my medication to control the tremors until I was prescribed Neurontin and Inderal [for my high blood pressure] about two weeks ago. Neurontin was TOTALLY successful in controlling my hand and body tremors. I was able to carry a large drink that didn't have a lid around with me at a concert this weekend without SPILLING IT and I am SO HAPPY that I was prescribed this medicine. I've heard of it during the last couple of years but finally tried it out. Valium wasn't as effective. Now I will feel so much more confident when I go to my boyfriends family's Thanksgiving dinner...So happy."

Anonymous October 26, 2011

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Neurontin (gabapentin): "I have taken Neurontin for 4 years to treat neuralgia but it's not working."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Neurontin (gabapentin): "I have tremors after taking Neurontin for only two weeks I have noticed a marked improvement."

BerBer February 4, 2010

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken other drugs for my tremors and this one has had the best results with the least amount of side effects."

Anonymous October 10, 2008