User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Cough

"I was put on Gabapentin 28th December for chronic cough following a very nasty bout of chronic bronchitis. I was not told of any side effects, and would not have taken it had I known. I have extreme blurred vision, scared to drive especially at night or on unfamiliar roads. I get very dizzy, I look drunk at times! The headaches are horrendous almost like a migraine and appetite has increased. My next appt has been postponed from 5th March to 30th April however I have arranged to go privately to a Respiratory Clinician in the meantime as I want answers that the hospital chest clinic cannot/will not answer any questions. Apparently Gabapentin is a last resort! My cough has reduced but not disappeared. No tests were undertaken by the hospital e.g. sputum. Lung function test previously clear but unable to take one since this episode started 9th November 2017 following exposure to second hand smoke in a neighbours house."

Charliesmum (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2018

"My doctor (ENT) suggested taking Gabapentin off-label for a persistent cough. My cough has greatly affected my life style for years: sleep, eating, public outings (concerts, movies, etc.). I would rate my cough severity on a 1-10 scale as being 9.9, and the ONLY way I could receive help was from Codeine based cough syrup. Now, my cough with only Gabapentin is a 1-3. It has become a 'wonder drug' to me and to my family. However, there are some negative side effects but they are manageable: dry mouth, dry eyes and occasional constipation. These S.E's are well worth the positive effects of the intended drug. My dosage has been 200mg, three times a day for the past year."

zionfrost (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2017

"I have been taking gabapentin solution (liquid) for just over three years for postherptic neuralgia. I had terrible coughing, phlegm and even fluid in my ear from the prescription from one manufacturer but not from a different manufacturer."

Dukie's Mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2014

"I have severe all over body pain. I asked my doctor for Lyrica, but my insurance wouldn't cover it so doctor substituted gabapentin. I have only taken it for 3 days 300mg a day. It has certainly helped the pain, but I have a terrible cough so bad that my sides are sore and I have a restless feeling. I will continue on it because anything is better than the pain."

Bren-brenpe June 27, 2013