User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Cough

"My doctor (ENT) suggested taking Gabapentin off-label for a persistent cough. My cough has greatly affected my life style for years: sleep, eating, public outings (concerts, movies, etc.). I would rate my cough severity on a 1-10 scale as being 9.9, and the ONLY way I could receive help was from Codeine based cough syrup. Now, my cough with only Gabapentin is a 1-3. It has become a 'wonder drug' to me and to my family. However, there are some negative side effects but they are manageable: dry mouth, dry eyes and occasional constipation. These S.E's are well worth the positive effects of the intended drug. My dosage has been 200mg, three times a day for the past year."

zionfrost (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking gabapentin solution (liquid) for just over three years for postherptic neuralgia. I had terrible coughing, phlegm and even fluid in my ear from the prescription from one manufacturer but not from a different manufacturer."

Dukie's Mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2014

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe all over body pain. I asked my doctor for Lyrica, but my insurance wouldn't cover it so doctor substituted gabapentin. I have only taken it for 3 days 300mg a day. It has certainly helped the pain, but I have a terrible cough so bad that my sides are sore and I have a restless feeling. I will continue on it because anything is better than the pain."

Bren-brenpe June 27, 2013