User Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Vulvodynia

Also known as: Neurontin, Gralise, Gabarone, Fanatrex

Gabapentin has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Vulvodynia. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Gabapentin Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Vulvodynia.

Anonymous December 26, 2008

Neurontin (gabapentin): “Neurontin plus physical therapy for my previously unrecognized pelvic bone rotation has basically cured my vulvadynia which also involved horrendous skin irritation (raw, bleeding skin) in the area between my clitoris and vagina. What a miraculous combination! I strongly urge women to find out if they have nerve issues created by pelvic tilt/rotation/etc by going to a women's health/pelvic pain physical therapist. The therapy is sometimes painful but the results are great, and people who specialize in this are very very kind and sympathetic! Neurontin is the icing on the cake for the cure. Calms nerves and allows them to return to normal”

Celi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2015

“No more horrible constant burning unprovoked vulvar pain! Also helped with my urethra pain from IC. three months on it I am almost back to normal. Able to have sex after two months. Worked my way up 100mg at a time each week to 500mg and stayed there. Don't be scared, take small constant doses to not have any side affects. 300mg was too much to start with for me.”

Anonymous December 12, 2009

Neurontin (gabapentin): “I started using Neurontin this summer. I was not able to function when my vulvodynia flared up, so many hours and days were spent lying on the couch in pain. Neurontin kicks in pretty fast and helps me be able to be productive. I would be lost without its help!”

jwajules August 27, 2011

“I was prescribed gabapentin a year and a half ago for Vulvodynia. Initially, gabepentin did not help with the burning. I had to go way beyond 2000 mgs. Once the dose was increased, it definitely helped with the burning nerve pain. I would say it cut my pain by about 60%. Unfortunately, I have had to add other medicines to gabapentin overtime to help with the burning pain. I added Lyrica and then Cymbalta. I'm on 3600 mgs of gabapentin along with the other two medications. My burning is pretty bad again. Gabapentin worked for awhile but, now I need to switch medicines. I had no side effects on this medicine.”

Celine · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

“100 mg per night did not reduce my pain but helped me stay asleep at night. It helped slightly with anxiety. Unfortunately this drug reduced my periods (likely lowered my estrogen levels - not great for vulvar pain!) so I decided to come off it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2018

“Did not reduce my pain, but no major side effects. Used in a topical cream for months with Baclofen with and without pelvic floor physical therapy. Also used it in another compound with Baclofen, Amitriptyline, and Lidocaine.”

Anonymous November 1, 2011

Neurontin (gabapentin): “Made me tired in the beginning. Wouldn't say I'm cured, but I have so many more good days than bad.”