User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 5)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Gabapentin.

Cough

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced

1 review 53 medications
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 6.7 1,473 reviews

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Anxiety: "I've been on this medication for about two weeks, I take 150mg twice a day so 300mg a day. At first I slept a lot! but it really does help with my generalized anxiety."

KatStacks July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I was prescribed Gabapentin, 300mg three times daily for menopausal hot flashes as well as general moodiness as Black Coash was not working. Well, 2 weeks later, absolutely no change except for weight gain. After reading some of these reviews, I need to speak to my gyn about possibly increasing the dosage. Not sure if it would make a difference though (all this while having power surges)."

SweatyLady (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for most of my life. Gabapentin has been the only medication that has helped me with a good night's sleep. 600 mg. about an hour before bedtime and my legs calm down and I drift off to sleep. No next day after effects to report."

FiestaMM (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been suffering from Anxiety, nervousness and depression for the last 6 years. I've taken 150mg Zoloft for 8 weeks and while my depression is OK, my anxiety is still there. I take 125mg Trazadone to help me sleep. I'm tapering down my diazepam (valium) which first helped but than made me worse. I just started Gabapentin 3 days ago.The first day I took 100mg and it really relaxed me, even better than any benzo can now. Side effects are blurred vision, dizziness and weakness. Hope these will go away in the next two weeks."

PaulMartin16 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started off on 100mg for anxiety for 6 months now my doctor bumped it up to 600mg a day.... It doesn't work for my aniexty It works good for my nerve pain in hands, legs, arms.... It's not a good Medicine for anxiety"

Kasmine12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I started taking gabapatin for severe lower back pain. I have scoliosis . At first it worked . I was told I could increase the dosage up to 1200 mgs I'm now up to 800 mgs. Not only did it stop working I read in depth side effects I'm experiencing memory loss , anxiety and depression which I already suffer from. Personally I don't recommend it for back pain. I personally know 4 people that are prescribed it for back pain 2 stopped taking it because it stopped working. Myself and another person are having the same problem. My best advice ask questions and tell your Dr if you have problems with it or it stops working.I have a call into my Dr. I'm very concerned about the side effects I wasn't told about and I'm in constant pain"

KAynbrown (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I was prescribed gabapentin for lower back pain as a result of spinal stenosis & a bulging disk. I recently had heart surgery to replace the aortic valve in my heart & have to take numerous meds in relation to that. Therefore, the pain doctor was limited in what he could safely prescribe."

great-grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Yes I have had RLS since I was nine years old. Experts say that children cannot experience RLS, but I can remember it clearly when trying to sleep and at Saturday morning picture club! When I flew to Australia it was so bad I wanted to jump off the plane! I even get it in my arms. Now in my sixties and still a sufferer. I don't eat or drink after 6pm and only have one coffee at 8 in the morning. Last night was a bad night with it in my left leg and arms. I took two Gabapentin which is a greatfor relief and knocks me out. I cannot understand why there is no research into this awful condition. If I won the lottery I would fund research into a cure!"

Odeon July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "This medication is a godsend. I take 300mg at bedtime and it has completely cured both my hot flashes and sleep issues. It works every time. If I don't take it, within 24 hours both issues recur. I have been told that because I am on such a low dose and only once daily that I should have no problems. Have taken it nightly for almost a year with no side effects other than slight dizziness upon waking the first couple of weeks I was taking it. I cannot imagine ever being without it. I now sleep 7-8 hours continuously and it is quality sleep without restlessness."

Donnamarie74 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I suffered for years with bad nerve pain all over my body, nothing helped as it was mainly caused by fibromyalgia. I was worn out and constantly had fibro fog, the slightest bit off worry or stress can cause a big fibro flare up, my doctor a few weeks back put me on gabapentin 100 mg and did the increase up to 300 mg a day. A week later after starting the tablets the intense pain I had was subsiding from say 100 percent to 30 percent. I also noticed it helped me to sleep like a log and have energy the next day which I never had. Fibro pain causes stressing the body. Stress brings on fibro and its a vicious circle of fibro flare ups. I lost both parents recently within 12 months so I have immense anxiety. 10/10 amazed at this drug."

Phil Mac (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My many years of RLS stopped immediately with Gabapentin, I'm not crazy about the side affects ( I feel like a dizzy Zombie) Was prescribed for back pain, hasn't helped that at all, but OMG, a good nights sleep every night for the few weeks since I started taking it. 300 mg, 3 times a day. Probably needs to be much higher for the back/nerve pain."

Don M. (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Day 1 , I am 27 type 1 diabetic diagnosed 2 years ago I live on my own I feel let down a lot with how the NHS prolongs people's misery unknowingly of course. I'm not saying they are bad , they are angels, a lot of them have saved my life a few times I owe a lot to them . I have had the most excruciating pain in chest, body, back, arms, legs, toes, fingers, head you name it. I have had pain in all forms like stabbing burning aching pounding for months on end, not thinking clea,r having endless plans of how I'm going to turn everything around, but I would never be able to due to pain anxiety attacks and nerve pain. I felt hopeless until today I got the point across to my doctor and he gave me gabapentin omg I've rebooted I'm non stop moving and achieving. Yay"

Vincentpheonix2017 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Just started taking gabapentin. Nervous about taking it . Have been taking it for one week. Currently taking 100 mg 2 x daily. Not sure if it is working. Reassured by positive feedback on this site but part of my problem is fear about taking pills. How long before you start to feel comfortable with this med?"

Hoping for help June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "Great for nerve pain in my knees. Gapapentin is the best. But sleeping at night is terrible them I take a 300 mg of that med and I crash. All day then the cycle starts all over up all night really sleepy all day I am at the end I even take benadryl and xanax at night still stay up."

spiderrico (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had restless leg since I was 15 but doctors couldn't do anything till I was 21 when u stop growing I'm now 44 and lived with it for so long and tried differ meds and nothing helps I've now just started gabapentin yesterday so only on 100my at night for 2-3 days then go to taking in the morning and night for 2-3days then morning dinner and night for a month then go back doctors I am in l pain all day and night a specially when the weather is poor I also get in my arms"

Kerryn1 June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I started on 2 at bedtime for night sweats and restlessness and for the first 3 months that worked great. I started to toss and sweat again. Upped the dose to 3 pills and have been back in peaceful sleep for the last 2 months. Now that I am working out again, I may try to go back down to 2. Finally getting my sleep back!!"

Spencli June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "For the last 7 years I have had severe anxiety, panic attacks, and insomnia. I was given remeron for sleep and klonopin for anxiety. Recently my pdoc and I decided it's time for me to get off the benzos. She gave me gabapentin and it's been a life saver. I'm doing well at gradually tapering off klonopin. The only drawback I find is that gabapentin wears off rather fast, and your body builds up a tolerance really fast. Been on it for 3 months now. I started at 100mg 3 times a day. Within a month I was up to 300mg 3xdaily and 600mg at night. Currently I am only taking it PRN at 300mg. As someone who has tried every mood stabilizer and anxiety medication under the sun. Gabapentin is amazing!"

Detox Steph (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "When I first took this drug it was amazing almost seemed as though I were tapping into the right side of my pain crazy right. I Love Love Love it, but seems like it started wearing off so took larger dose worked but again wore off. Don't know what the answer is. But It was an awesome drug bless the day they started it to us anxiety people........."

Nanxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I see I am blessed after reading other comments. I started on the drug 5+ years ago, and had immediate ( 30-45 min) relief. But sadly, my maxed out dose, 3200 mg, has been reached and my condition is becoming unbearable again."

Deb-o (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "They help with my stress. And calm down my restless legs a lot. Make me a little drowsy."

Annette still (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication has worked wonders for me..it changed my life I was a the verge of suicide. It brought me out of my shell and now I'm going back to school and doing well..thanks to this medication."

Lilil June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This has helped my pain a lot... doctors have said it will only help it if is nerve pain Side effects has been memory gaps but honestly I can handle that better then being in the horrible pain I had I take 2 600 mg pills 3 times a days"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My doctor put me on this to help with my anxiety symptoms which include tight and sore jaw, tight and sore shoulders and tight and sore stomach. Not only did it take all that away, it helps me to sleep. I used to sleep great and didn't have these anxiety symptoms before my gastric sleeve surgery but ever since, I am developed insomnia and these anxiety symptoms. This has been a life saver for me!"

tiz4tggr (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I'm diagnosed MDD & Bipolar, Type 2, and this is the first medication I've taken that has a significant positive impact on my anxiety without bad side effects. I usually worry, have circular negative thought patterns, and feel awkward and lost in my head most of the day. But I've gone from 300mg to 400mg and now to 600 mg of generic gabapentin, and it works wonderfully. It doesn't make me sleepy, unlike benzos. Like quite a few people, I've abused benzos in the past, but rarely get an urge to take too many gabapentin because of the limited recreational use. In conclusion: in my opinion, gabapentin is a wonder-drug for anxiety; especially for addicts and/or those with bipolar disorder."

b_mercy (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "In 2009 I was nearly crippled by severe general anxiety disorder and have taken xanax every single day of my life since. In the past year, through the use of regular yoga and meditation, I have weaned back to 1mg/day. However, I could never really sleep deeply and I could not go a night without xanax. I would basically get no sleep at all. Even with it, I would often wake up at 4am and need to take more. Two months ago I was prescribed duloxetine. I take it at bedtime and it helps, but it never really shut off that buzzing anxiety in the background of my brain. So doc started me on gabapentin and I have been sleeping like a baby and slowly reducing the xanax. It's even helped some with my fibromyalgia."

Smallu (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017