User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 5)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 2 reviews 289 medications

2.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Summary of Gabapentin reviews 1356 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Neuropathic Pain: "I'm receiving chemo treatments that result in neuropathy. I'm taking 600mg three times a day without relief."

redone12 February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has changed my life. I also take Effexor. Diagnosed with bipolar. I feel calm, capable, confident, energetic, stable & happy. I was in a terrible state before I started it, severely depressed, anxiety, anger and I was even hospitalized for my behavior and suicidal thoughts. My only concern is what I've read about withdrawals but it is worth to me to have my life back."

JasNeeka (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication is a godsend. Squashes my anxiety, racing thoughts, and depression! I also take a low dose of Seroquel XR and Prozac, which seems to be helping me tremendously."

Reese92 February 25, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "I was worried gabapentin would make me a zombie but to my surprise, it didn't. My pain management Dr gave me this for nerve pain in my face and fibromyalgia. It seems to help. I have been taking a very low dose of hydrocodone 2.5 to 5 mg as needed to take the edge off pain for several years. I don't like hydrocodone or the feeling it gives me. I don't like the sleepy groggy feeling. If I feel like that, I am over medicated. But a little bit helps the pain...maybe I am an oddball but I only take the opioid when I am in real pain. I also take 300 Wellbutrin XL daily which works okay. Nothing has really worked on my depression but at least I am doing okay. So I'll see how the gabapentin does. If it causes weight gain, I'll quit it"

BessR February 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Gave me gas so bad I had to leave my own office several times throughout the day. I would wake myself up at night because the smell was so bad. If you value your social life, please don't use this. Other than that, it was great!"

jakalswitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I also have be prescribed gabapentin for neuropathy and most recently for 2 herniated discs in my lower back causing sciatica. The first month was fine and the only side effect was blurred vision and dizziness. Going on month 6 and having horrible insomnia, memory loss, lack of coordination, pain, depression, anxiety. Effecting my job, cannot stand more than 5minutes, 2-4 hrs of sleep max per night. I'm miserable."

Mdd1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I've been on this for 2 months sometimes the pain in my legs is so bad I want to chop them off. Gabapentin does nothing. I started to have memory issues about a month ago and was never warned about it. Why can they just give me my one Percocet a day and I can go back to work, be pain free and get my life back. This is awful."

Chris21 February 22, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "This drug worked well with my shingles...thats about it! they want me to keep taking it for pain and it does nothing for me! gotta see doc on Thursday so hopefully he changes that. 900mg a day and does nothing? I hate taking meds as it is if its not gonna help with pain y take it?"

snugj4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "Worked for migrane I had been prescribed lots of different drugs I have had Botox, had my ear pierced I have been to the chiropractor, eye doctor two different neurologist I had been having migraines almost everyday finally with this medication I haven't had a migraine in a week"

Krzpe (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Just starting to use my prescribed gabapentin for RLS.... I'll let you know how it goes! It'll be amazing if my stomach will even tolerate it!"

CrazyHealth (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I took Dilantin for 15 years --- which is why I suffer from P.N. I am on other anti-seizure drugs and anti-depressants. I do not know if those meds have delayed or ameliorated my P.N, but I am now 67 and the P.N. is finally getting bad. No reflexes No feeling in my feet Restless leg Stabbing pain in my feet which can make walking very hard. I 'save' Gabapentin for the worst symptoms since it makes me sleepy and I do not want to get addicted to the relief it gives me. But when I cannot relieve the nerve pain in any other way, Gabapentin is a life savior."

Pam M February 19, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "I felt that this medication worked wonders for my neuropathy, however, I was also taking HCTZ for high blood pressure, and once I was off HCTZ I no longer needed the Gabapentin. The Hydrochlorothiazide was causing all the nerve problems. I am a much happier person now that I don't have to worry about taking either of these medications."

misspj2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Within hours of starting Gabapentin 400 MG...my feet and hands started swelling and my pain level increased two fold. Without knowing anything about any side effects, I started giving things away and lost all desire for things that I once cared about. My doctor was ill during this time and I stopped taking the drug on my own and now the pain level has decreased some but the swelling in my feet has NOT gone way and is quite DISABLING!!!. My quality of life has gone from not so good to horrible !."

xpres February 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "They are amazing took the anxiety away. A little time to get use to them but they really work."

I take 4 times a day 400 mg February 17, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been experiencing symptoms of fibro and chronic fatigue to the point where I had to stop working a year ago. The most incapacitating was when I could not use my right hand and this kept recurring for a few days at a time so the doctor suggested gabapentin. It has helped to stop the experience of the nerve pain in my shoulders and it helps with the other pain in legs and overall. I do keep up my exercises and stretches and have to be cautious and aware all the time of my positions so that I don't sit too long as this aggravates the problem. Also I have to sleep on my back or it will flare up. It is worth trying this medication. helps with pain and possibly that helps with fatigue"

deeby February 13, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have been taking Gabapentin for constant headaches for 9 years. It took 6 months for the drug to begin working as it is a therapeutic treatment. This has changed my life for the better. I had such severe headaches that I struggled with everyday life and my education took a hit (from A's to E's!!), but now I have a BSc degree, a post grad diploma and I'm working on my Masters. I broke and dislocated my finger 2 weeks ago after falling from my large mare at a gallop and smashing into a fence. I do not need to take any other pain killers as the Gabapentin reduces the pain enough to carry on as normal. I do still have some discomfort, but I can live with it and it is better than being in an opiate induced stupor. I'm from UK."

ev92 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Gabapentin this past September for sciatica caused by herniated disc. It worked incredibly well, for about three months, with no real noticeable side effects. After that, they got crazy. Body zaps, foggy brain, numbness in extremities, etc. Now I hurt from head to toe ALL the time, and have every single one of the listed symptoms of fibro. I wonder if the gaba is actually either causing, or amplifying low key symptoms that I didn't realize I had? If anyone has any feedback, it would be appreciated. :)"

Bevj_2 February 11, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I am 43 years old I was recently prescribed gabapentin for morphine withdrawal maintenance. I'm kinda happy with gabbys it really calms me down and helps with nerve and bone pains, I really only have one major side effect from gabapentin which is if I stand up to fast I feel kinda light headed, sometimes I have to sit back down or I might fall down, but thats something I can learn to live with, this side effect, I'll stay on it for a while see what long term use is like, I've had a lot of friends prescribed gabbys and they seem ok, one thing I really enjoy is how calm I am on them."

JayRoyBoy February 9, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I use gabapentin to treat my anxiety, tried every other medication, at least 30 over the years I take a very small amount each day one capsule which I open will last 2 weeks, very few side effects great medication."

james4512 February 9, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I've been using this medication for several years and haven't really noticed any difference.I've even been prescribed gabapentin for sleep along with the other sleep medications I was prescribed, again with no difference. I have taken pain medications also for several years.The one I'm on currently works well for me and I don't feel addicted! I've taken a generic medication for migraines for for several years; my insurance won't cover the label migraine medication. It works okay. The fibromyalgia designated medications that I've taken have given me very bad experiences with no help whatsoever for the pain. It's been like being on a hamster wheel, but at least I have a pain medication that actually works and doesn't make me feel addicted."

Reikimom333 (taken for 10 years or more) February 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Suffered from extreme anxiety and depression for years. Now taking 900mg of gabapentin daily and anxiety has disappeared. Side effects dizziness, unpleasant tasting food but worth it as anxiety is gone."

Anxiety Freedom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2017

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Love it! Gabapentin seriously altered my life in a good way. Reached out to old friends, no longer get blitz drunk at social events. Answer my phone. Started a business. I am networking with peers even! Just a great little helper in life. I highly recommend this (under physician direction) if you want something that has little side effects. Keep in mind you have to alter dose to keep it effective i.e. - lower the intake a few days per week. Also, watch out on going completely off after using a while - definitely taper and use CBT as you'll kinda notice some negative thoughts. I sleep great My dosing = 300mg w/coffee early, 300 more 1 hr later, followed by 300 2hrs and 300 2 hrs later - another 200 if going out for the evening."

Mr. Social (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2017

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I struggled all my life with major depression and hypomania. Have had diagnosis every where from ADD,Major Depressive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, and PTSD (cancer survivor). FINALLY a highly experienced state pyschiatrist properly identified me as non specific bi polar with rapid cycling. Over a ten year prior period, I had tried, zoloft, lexipro, zyprexa, ritalin, all the benzos, several antipyscotics, and many illegal substances to no avail. When I finally met the doctor that diagnosed my bipolar he prescribed gabapentin as a mood stabilizer as well as a sleeping med (ambien) and zoloft (the only anti depressent that ever worked). I have been on this regiment for almost 3 years now and I fully believe it has saved my life!"

Drdoom389 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I was suffering from fibromyalgia pain most of my adult life, I'm 52 by the way, not realizing there was this wonderful medication available to me...I started it about 2 years ago and it really makes a HUGE difference in how my body feels. I take 300 mg 3X daily. I hope it never quits working for me...you should give it a try....It has no side effects on me."

NatalieW555 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2017

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "My doctor prescribed lyrica, Which was outside of the VA formulary. Also $$$$… He put me on gabapentin and it is great"

Don123456hs February 6, 2017