User Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Pruritus

Also known as: Neurontin, Gralise, Gabarone, Fanatrex

Gabapentin has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Pruritus. 63% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Gabapentin Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 106 medications used in the treatment of Pruritus.

Blueme52 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

“I'd had prescribed Dupixant and after four years I reported a few severe episodes of symptoms that I suffered prior to receiving Dupixant. My specialist agreed that the symptoms returning (one requiring hospitalization) were reported by other Dupixant users. He also acknowledged that over time Dupixant does suffer reduction in effectiveness. He immediately prescribed gabapentin and triamcinilone. A near complete return to that 'state of physical and psychological well being' that accompanied the initial, post experimental test subject, use of dupixant years ago ensued.”

itchy trigger finger · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2021

“Severe itching in the thumb and forearm right nerve root impingement at C5-C6, Gabapentin is a life safer, gradually increasing at this point. The itch is terrible as the more you scratch the worse it gets! Don't scratch!!! The only side effect I notice is tiredness, and dry mouth.”

Help at Last November 26, 2020

“My mother has suffered from itching for 4 months. Unfortunately until recently and too late, it was discovered she has Large cell B Lymphoma that has spread. The itching has been unbearable for her and it’s been difficult to get them to try anything but lotion and Benadryl. She is now in hospice home and finally with a lot of effort on her nurses part got the doctors to let her try gabapentin. It worked! She is so relieved to feel relief! I’m grateful she is not in such distress. Wish they had tried it earlier and I don’t understand why this was so difficult for them to try it. She was not on any other medications.0”

Prefer not to disclose · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2016

“Prescribed for intense itching of the forearms caused by nerve damage at the C5-6 level. 300mg 3x per day for 3 months. Took approximately two weeks to reach maximum effectiveness and completely blocks the itch that nothing else could stop. Only drawback is possibly some un-before-known mild brain-fog/mental fatigue: difficulty expressing a thought because the appropriate (common) word escapes me, difficulty with information recall (short term memory), "spacing out". The initial sleepiness experienced when taking a dose passed within a few weeks. Other than appearing as, and feeling like, an occasional "airhead", this medication has been a tremendous asset.”

SeminoleHeart · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2014

“In January 2012, I was diagnosed with a autoimmune disease known as, Rheumatoid Arthritis. In September 2013, I began to develop a medical condition known as Pruritis. In my case, this condition can not be seen externally. However, when present internally, each occurrence can affect my arms, hands, legs, ankles, feet, stomach and back. Currently, it is unknown if my rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis is the underlying cause. Over a period of two months this condition went from a mild annoyance to a unbearable, disabling condition. Then, in late November, I discovered "Neurontin." A 900 mg a day.....miracle.”

Brenda · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2019

“Have suffered with constant itching of my palm by the thumb for over a year, went away briefly with cervical traction and stretching exercises, then came back even worse. Not sure if it's cervical radiculopathy C6-C7 or carpal tunnel syndrome but it was driving me crazy and I was scratching my skin raw. First day on gabapentin the itching stopped like an hour after I took it. It lasted 12 hours then the itching came back but the neurontin took it away again. The most amazing thing is that I feel so calm, so peaceful. I've been so stressed out with work, even needing xanax to cope and I don't think I will need that anymore.”

Garr · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2017

“At first I didn't realize it was the drug causing me that itchy feeling on my back. When I figured it out, I quit taking it immediately, and went through the withdrawals. Getting rid of the itching was well worth going without the drug.”