User Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Pruritus

Also known as: Neurontin, Gralise, Gabarone, Fanatrex

Reviews for Gabapentin

"At first I didn't realize it was the drug causing me that itchy feeling on my back. When I figured it out, I quit taking it immediately, and went through the withdrawals. Getting rid of the itching was well worth going without the drug."

Garr (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

"Prescribed for intense itching of the forearms caused by nerve damage at the C5-6 level. 300mg 3x per day for 3 months. Took approximately two weeks to reach maximum effectiveness and completely blocks the itch that nothing else could stop. Only drawback is possibly some un-before-known mild brain-fog/mental fatigue: difficulty expressing a thought because the appropriate (common) word escapes me, difficulty with information recall (short term memory), "spacing out". The initial sleepiness experienced when taking a dose passed within a few weeks. Other than appearing as, and feeling like, an occasional "airhead", this medication has been a tremendous asset."

Prefer not to disclose (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

"In January 2012, I was diagnosed with a autoimmune disease known as, Rheumatoid Arthritis. In September 2013, I began to develop a medical condition known as Pruritis. In my case, this condition can not be seen externally. However, when present internally, each occurrence can affect my arms, hands, legs, ankles, feet, stomach and back. Currently, it is unknown if my rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis is the underlying cause. Over a period of two months this condition went from a mild annoyance to a unbearable, disabling condition. Then, in late November, I discovered "Neurontin." A 900 mg a day.....miracle."

SeminoleHeart (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2014