User Reviews for Clonazepam

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,292 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I'm a 20 yr old female who has randomly developed extreme anxiety. So bad to the point I wanted to take my own life. Nothing triggers me it just happens out of no where. I went to the doctor and he prescribed 50mg zoloft and 0.5mg of klonopin. Zoloft has not helped me at all and my heart rate at rest is now usually 130. Horrible medicine and am looking to get it switched. However, I finally got the courage to take a klonopin because I was terrified of how it would make me feel. After suffering for 3 months I took one. For the first time I feel like I can breath, my mind isn't racing, and I can focus. Did not make me feel high at all, just made me feel normal again. I'm mad at myself that I didn't try it sooner out of fear. Finally finding relieve..brings me to tears, happy tears. Will be going to doctor this week and requesting to get switched from zoloft. In the mean time I am thnakful for klonopin giving me peace."

Veronica93 August 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "The first time I took Clonazepam was in 2006 & it was for an appointment. I had eaten before I took it & it didn't work. Because of this I didn't want to take again (I didn't realize that eating may prevent it from working). In 2015 I was prescribed it again at the ER (because of anxiety). I decided to fill the prescription & I took 0.5 mg. Since I had not eaten for several hours it worked (after 2 hours) & I didn't feel anxious. I like it more than Ativan, since it has been more effective in reducing my anxiety for various medical appointments & even social situations - I once lost my keys & had to have a security guard help me find them; this security guard is rude & if I had not taken the pills I would have left the mall & just paid to have them all replaced instead of asking for this security guard's help. The only thing I don't like about Clonazepam is it causes me to gain weight and worsens my acne, even though I don't eat or drink anything different when I take it."

Sailor_Jupiter (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I wish this drug didn't cause tiredness and memory problems. The drug is amazing and in my case non-tolerance building. I take 1.5mg (85kg male). It works but it's really hurt my memory and I'm often lethargic and lazy. That said I was previously un-employable due to horrible GAD+SAD. I hope better drugs come out but for now this is it. 8+ years. No tolerance. Max was 4mg, now on 1.5mg. Can lead to minor depressive feelings. I also take with Lamotrigine (Mood booster + mild help for anxiety). P.s. Why it only come in .5mg and 2mg. That's annoying."

Ash1050 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin is very effective with my anxiety disorder. However, stay away from it. You will be addicted before you know and will seek more and more. If you don't have it, you feel like you are in hell. Withdrawal symptoms are horrible and you lose control of everything. You will get rebound anxiety which is worse than your original anxiety. This is so bad that you cannot function without it. Therefore, you have to continue using it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms because they are so awful. Please, if you doctor prescribed this drug, refuse it and take a nonbenzo drug. You will rue the day you ever started using it. I am out of medicine now and am just terrible shape that I cannot sleep. Yes, it is very effective at treating your disorder but it has got to be the worst drug to come off of. I was in rehab and even the heroin abusers didn't have as bad withdrawal than I did. Yes, run away from this drug. It will help you but eventually destroy you."

Mouse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I’ve been on Ritalin, adderall, the big 4 anxiety meds, Xanax, buspar, hydroxizine, and the only thing that has helped my panic which lasts all day and ruins my quality of life has been the klonopin. I have health anxiety for some reason. I partied a lot in my early 20s now every ache and pain is cancer or whatever my brain decides to come up with leaving me shaking in the bed. Yes the w/d will suck but for now I can at least live my life."

Oranges (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medicine changed my life, seriously. I have anxiety/panic attacks and I take 0.25mg when I’m feeling anxious and cannot function, and I’ve been on this dose for 2 years. It works within 30 min and lasts the rest of the day so I can do whatever I need to do. I don’t take it every day, sometimes I’ll take it for a week straight if I have something stressful going on and then I’ll go weeks without taking it at all. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms so I think it’s a great medicine if you have anxiety. I’m not sure I wouldn’t recommend taking this daily because I could definitely see it becoming less effective!"

Mary (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

For Night Terrors: "I have suffered from night terrors for years. As one reviewer wrote above, mine was related to being the surviving member of a family who all passed under my care, due to old age. A lifetime of caregiving and no matter what you do, they will eventually pass. That was my fear while they were alive and became my night terrors after they were gone. I told my doctor and he suggested Klonopin. I am on my fourth day now but I don't think I can handle the side-effects. I'm late to work everyday & I feel like my brain is floating in applesauce until at 12pm. I don't know what to do because I don't want the night terrors to return, but I need to be able to function during the day. To sum up this review; it absolutely works. If you're one of the few who experience the side-effects, it still may be worth it to you. I still haven't decided what I am going to do. However, I would still highly recommend it to someone to at least try if they suffered they way that I suffer."

Lou August 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking this medication for like 4 years now or close 0.5 mg once a day. I took it in the past and stopped when I got pregnant no withdrawals. I tried to taper off recently and I had bad racing thoughts with anxiety and panic attacks so I got back on them. I’m going to let my psychiatrist tell me when to wean off and do what’s best for me to wean off one day, until then I’m taking them as needed if or when I do have a panic or anxiety attack."

Maria (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking Clonazepam a few days ago and all I can say is it’s a life saver!! Panic attacks and anxiety are controlled and feeling happier each and every day. I was reluctant to try any type of Benzo, but I can say that it has been a miracle! I’ve tried all the SSRIs they work to boost my mood but only make anxiety worse, so if your main issue is your anxiety ask your doctor for klonopin. I can now live a normal life."

Emmy (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Seizure Prevention: "I have been on Klonopin 0.5 mg for 30 years of my life to control my grand mal seizures, epileptic seizures. I had had them consistently before Klonopin and were a very scary part of my life. I've had them since I was four. I felt like I was falling into a deep hole that never ended, and sometimes I would look like a fish out of water. Other meds I was on had me drowsy and sleeping all the time. ... I didn't like that. I still may have some anxiety when I'm under pressure with work, but I get through it. I have a very serious question though. I have been on this medication for 30 years, per doctor's order, and it works fine. My boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, told me the other day that I am addicted to this medication. How is that possible? This meds saves me from having epileptic seizures! Is he right? Is being on this pill make me an addict or is he being ignorant and reading the Internet too much?"

Taco (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I'm on and off of this drug and this works fine. My BP got stabilized. Beta blockers aren't more helpful than this golden pill."

Wen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "Started taking 0.5 milligram of clonazepam up to three times per day due to my PTSD disorder. Never had to take more than one pill per day so doctor refilled my prescription advising only one tablet per day. Works great for me but beneficial effects wane if you take it everyday. It is best to wait until you actually feel a panic attack coming on and then take it, not if you just assume a certain situation will cause anxiety before hand. No drug is perfect but it keeps me balanced enough to at least think and react rationally in day to day activities. I have been on this drug for three months and also take Lexapro 20 mg every night for about five years with good results."

Mickey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I'm very new with this drug, It was prescribed to me by my physician. I'm really needing to know will I be able to function@work? Or is it a drug that needs to be taken@home?"

KLove (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Since childhood, I am having panic attacks. More than 4 cardiologists can't find what the problem is until one cardio told me to go to a neurologist. I got the useless (for me) fluoxetine and I got the miracle Clonazepam. I can now function normally even I take clonazepam on and off. Beta blockers helped my BP but everything will go fine once I take 1 mg of clonazepam. The best is, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy + some Clonazepams. If you don't want CBT from a Psych, the download an app from play store "

wenvalleshotmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I had TMJD (temporomandibular joint disorder) with tinnitus that started at the same time, so the pain and symptoms of both seem intertwined to me. Both improved very soon after starting clonazepam and seemed to continue to improve for 8 yrs. until another infection seemed to make them both worse again. I had reduced the medication from 1 tablet twice per day to one per day. My doctor was surprised to learn that I stopped the night medication as sleeping was the main reason for prescribing it 8 yrs. ago, but after sleeping was not a problem, I kept the morning dose to help squelch the symptoms so I could concentrate. I think it's not working any more, but I tried stopping it without help of my physician and apparently got a severe side effect from it, so I have to wait to discontinue."

UUMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "This drug is turning millions of people into piles of mush. You can see them everywhere, the people that don’t care about anything, the people with the "benzatude". I’ve witnessed a doctor send my nephew out of his office in an extremely disoriented state, this drug should not even exist. Take a look around and see how many people are dying because of this drug."

Mharding781 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking this medication due to having all sorts of problems with anxiety. I had agoraphobia, panic attacks, and the whole bit. I began taking this medication and it was a lifesaver for me. I use this medication responsibly, but even though I use it exactly as prescribed there’s always this doctor who comes along who wants to take me off of it and have me take 3,600mg of Gabapentin instead and put me to sleep. For some reason Klonopin doesn’t put me to sleep but it does calm all the anxiety making life livable... Always trust your doctor, but you are always the best decider on what works for you."

Hopscotch (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Have had Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS) for 2 years. Took two ENT doctors to get a diagnosis. I was suicidal. Finally doctor 3 said he didn’t know what to do but had read about clonazapam. He had to go back an re read dosage. On it for a week and can’t believe the change. Not perfect but darn close. So happy and will be optimistic about a future. So sad doctors don’t understand the pain this causes. One told me I should be happy it wasn’t cancer and just get over it. So sad."

Mollyduck (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "Was given clonazepam 0.5mg three times a day for my anxiety, at first it did help but after two months anxiety came back worse, so doc upped it too 1mg three times a day. It did get rid of the anxiety but all I wanted too do was sleep. So doc tried to find the right dose but in the end it made me worse than I was before I started. After 3 months jumped off it and I actually feel better off it than when I was taking it. What works for some doesn't work for others"

Huts (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Clonazepam has made a new life for me. I agree with the experience of the first reviewer; waking up is so nice with clonazepam. I would suggest that anyone taking this medication just learn all about its usage, dosage and side effects. I will say very bluntly, life isn't worth the struggle without clonazepam."

Bud (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Clonazepam is a miracle drug for me. It has solved my restless leg syndrome and my anxiety. I am annoyed by doctors who do not suffer these problems, but they want to tell me how awful it is to take this for 20 years which I have at 1 mg at bedtime. I would never stop taking this medication and fortunately I have a doctor who will prescribe while complaining about it every time. I have researched the side effects of this drug and I have not found anything that deters me. Keep in mind that suffering comes in many ways and forms."

Bud June 28, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I took Klonopin from 2011-2016. I only stopped it because my doctor at that time thought I should try something non-benzo related for my chronic anxiety. I’ve tried Gabapentin, numerous antidepressants, and eventually Ativan without much relief. It’s been just a few weeks since Klonopin has been back into my life, and I am no longer pulling out my hair or feeling heart palpitations in front of large crowds, and I’m even STARTING conversations with strangers. No more panic attacks at all!! Something I haven’t done in years!! I understand that meds like Klonopin should be used as a last resort because of how addictive they can be, but I feel like Klonopin has saved my life and saved my job. So happy to have you back in my life."

WorryWart69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Worked for a short time. Effective dosage increased rapidly, efficacy decreases at a similar rate. After 2 months side effects became debilitating. Withdrawal symptoms (ongoing) include emotional instability, cognitive and memory impairment."

rogerhowse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have suffered Burning Mouth Syndrome for almost seven years now. I tried Clonazepam (Paxam) 4 years ago (slowly crossing over from Xanax) but it didn't help. I had seen an oral pathologist who suggested this. Today, I asked my GP for another prescription of Clonazepam (Rivotril, this time) as this thing is causing me to resort to taking more painkillers etc. I have taken one dose of .25mg this evening and am to take this twice per day, increasing to .5mg if necessary. My GP is not keen as I take 1mg Xanax twice per day and have done so for about 24 years (and it still works, contrary to what the benzo haters say). My attempt to get off it using a Valium taper was a year of hell. I got down to 1mg Valium but life was terrible so I quit. Fingers crossed. Can't bear to think I have this for life. Along with Fibromyalgia. Life is difficult. I just read the long list of side effects. A bit scary!"

Izzy (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started taking clonazepam in the 80's for panic attacks. Then in the late 80's I got atrial fibrillation and would take them to calm me down during an episode. I was able to cardio convert to normal sinus rhythm. I can't do that anymore. Now I have permanent atrial fib since April 2017. I'm on Lopressor, Amlodipine and just started Digoxin a few weeks ago. Its working to keep my heart rate below 80. It was over 100 for almost a year. Digoxin can cause restless leg syndrome and I have that frequently. So I take clonopin (1/4 of 0.5 mg) to sleep but afraid to take it on a regular basis. Sometimes I need a half of 0.5 mg. They only prescribe 20 pills at a time. I also have sleep apnea and can be short of breath when falling asleep. I had a full hysterectomy April 23 2018 and May 7, surgery to remove a blood clot. I had been taken off blood thinners for the first surgery. Now I'm in recovery for both surgeries and happy with Klonopin"

Kalifkitty (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 17, 2018