User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1070 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I tried 1 mg clonazepam, It did work for my insomnia, But I did look up the half life of it which is up to 30-40 hours. Plus the withdraw from it, So I weened myself off of it. Spoke to my doctor about what else is there and I was prescribed 150 mg trazodone. It works Great. If you look up the side effects it will say definitely not to be used for a sleep aid. it is safe to use in smaller milligrams like I use. 150 mg."

CodyBlue March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I used to have panic attacks every time we went out to eat, I couldn't sit in the movies without a panic attack, I couldn't travel without anxiety and eventually a panic attack. I was always in a state of panic. I went to the urgent care with heart palps, and was given a script for clonazepam .05mg and I take it once at night. I finally sleep through the night, I don't wake up groggy, and it lasts throughout the next day because I can do the things I Never was able to do before. I use it with caution because I don't want to become dependent but at the same time, I wasn't really functioning very well before. I am thankful for it!"

Lee369 March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I give this medicine a 10 only because it does its job...but it did cause me to get a criminal case against me for "driving under the influence of a scheduled drug" in which I will have to appear in court for. All because the cop (without any doctor experience or medical school education) thought the blood levels were "high". I hadn't taken a pill since 13 hours beforehand!....and I NEVER abused the klonopin due to its strong properties. This does make some people I know very mean who are generally very sweet when they take it. But, I have taken xanax, valium, and klonopin and the klonopin has worked in my opinion-the best for longterm panic and anxiety issues. can be used for bipolar disorder so that's a plus."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "My anxiety begun when I was 11 years old. I was in denial for 5 years that I needed a pcychiatrist. I can't get over it anymore so I stopped my study. I had headaches and depressed of all the results given to me. Everything was a nightmare. I've been checked by many doctors but they said that my system is normal. So they decided to put me in a psychiatrist. They give me some med but it didn't help me that much. I went to other doctor this time gave me this wonderful med rivotril. It gives me full control of my emotions and my anxiety completely gone. Now i can function very well. Thanks rivotril."

dream bigger (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Saved my freakin life!!! Junior year of high school, was dealing with severe hypochiondria + generalized anxiety- couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost 30lbs in two months and missed 2-3 days of school per week. My doctor prescribed celexa first which did nothing but make me dissociate for two days straight. He decided we should try clonazepam next just to get my acute episodes of anxiety under control and OMG, what a difference!!! I literally cried from relief after taking my first dose, because it made me feel completely normal again. My only side effect is the occasional headache a day after taking it. I now only take it as needed once or twice a week and it still works wonders. Also works great for migraines."

borluz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Hi, sorry for any writing problems in advance, I write spanish mainly, but I want to share my experience. I have been using Klonopin, 0.5 mg usually two times a day, for about 3 or more years. But recently I'm feeling kind of pressure in the chest, not pain, It's more like a crying desire feeling. I didn't know the reason, I have fibromyalgia and I am on Pristine 50 mg, Neurontin and Skelaxin, and other medications. About 2 hours ago I felt an anxiety episode and I decide to take one Klonopin pill, and after 30 minutes the crying feeling just started. Now I am wondering if that is the reason. I have not take any other medication today, except acetaminophen early in the morning. Maybe this info is useful to other users. I wish health to every one."

Purple Angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have very bad anxiety attacks that occur at random. I take one in the morning and one at night and its helps he immensely I believe its a life saver it brings tears to my eyes. It relieved the torture of daily anxiety attacks which caused me great depression."

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been using 2 mg of clonazepam at night for over 3 year with 60 mg of fluoxetine in the morning. I have found I feel much better than the regimen of seroquel, clonazepam, wellbutrin, fluoxetine and atarax I was previously on. I find the clonazepam works better than tegretol, valproic acid or lithium for me. Clonazepam has anti-seizure properties as well as anxiolytic properties that work well for me along with with the mood lift Prozac gives. I recommend it if you have Bipolar Disorder."

Kirk01 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Good night sleep"

Minkys March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "I have experienced anxiety, depression, and stress throughout all my life but have been able to control it. I started experiencing anxiety at a higher level in high school and job with some low level panic attacks. I still did my best to control them with exercise and relaxation. In college my panic attack got so out of control I couldn't take my classes. My mom took me too the psychiatrist after seeing me not sleep. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Prescribed at first Zoloft and klonopin. I hated taking these pills because they made me feel so dizzy. Took me a year to slowly get a little better. I noticed when I stopped taking them I would get ill. Now it's been 10 years of treatment and I can live a normal life."

Hope35 February 24, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had migraines since I was twelve Especially on cloudy rainy days. Imetrex works but makes me so tired. Today I woke with a terrible migraine I got up took a Clonazepam 1mg and it went away I feel great ."

Vicki Lorene February 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Seizure Prevention: "Been taking clonazepam for more than 20 years for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Have always taken 2.5mg /day. Haven't had any seizures since I started taking it. Sometimes I worry about long term effects of taking benzodiazepines but don't want to risk recurrence after all this time."

Elenor Rigby (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "As a Mental health therapist with anxiety I tried this to test it out having my doubts. This drug works very well for someone with ADHD, OCD and anxiety. Keep an eye on the dependency factor, overuse will cause addiction and health issues."

Butter buns 8 February 16, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam best medicine for anxiety and panic disorder parson. I was used last 7 years. It is good one for relaxation. Thx to god"

VickyT007 February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "For anxiety and panic disorders, I have found this drug to be extremely useful. Prior to taking Clonazepam, I was under tremendous stress due to work, and was suffering 2 -3 panic attacks per day. Since starting on 3 x 1mg per day. I have not had a single major panic attack. Anxiety and stress just disappear! It has also proved useful, on occasion, to help with sleep. Initially, it did make me very drowsy, but this passed within 3-4 days. Thanks to this medication, I have my life back! Would recommend to anyone with a similar diagnosis of generalized Anxiety and Panic disorders. The only downside is that I have experienced reluctance from Doctors to prescribe it (in the UK). I had to go private in order to get it."

Hafnium (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been taking this pill for over 30 years, one pill a day , never had problem with my panic attacks again, not addicting for me !"

NYBULLETS (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Seizure Prevention: "My epileptoligist prescribed this (the generic wafer) .5 mg as my rescue medicine after my last grand mal 4 years ago on a plane - I couldn't be happier that I have this option. I take my regular seizure medicine - generic topomax that I've been on for a long time - but this medicine has saved me from any more trips so far to the ER or seizures either grand mal or partial. Whenever I get an aura I know that I have something with me that has been successful. I've only used it about once a month or so usually if I'm really tired, traveling or stressed - the last one was during a dental procedure and I had tools in my mouth at the time but it was quick to dissolve in my mouth and quick to take effect. Smooth sailing after that."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've taken klonopin off and on for many years and I have to say it is very effective and much longer lasting than xanax. I've been prescribed xanax as well and it is effective, but I truly believe it shouldn't be taken on a regular basis, especially several times a day. It's fast acting and it helps with panic attacks and similar situations. But to take it day in and day out seems ludicrous. Klonopin has a much longer half life and I don't feel withdrawal when I come off klonopin, that's not the case with Xanax. Not only that, on Xanax I was finding that I would have periods of forgetfulness, meaning periods of the day. I was at a job interview and I really couldn't tell you what was said by me or the interviewer. I did get the job however."

glendola1234 February 5, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I went without night time sleep for 3 months even more. I was about ready for the hospital. Clonazepam was the miracle that gave sleep back to me. I am grateful to this medicine. I have bipolar disorder. The other mood stabilizer that is now working better than any others I have been on is Lamictal. I am really happy to where I've come to be. It's a good place."

roseofsharon-butterfly February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Took one 2mg clonazepam at bedtime for about 7 months. It definitely helped me get to sleep, but because of its long half life it left me drowsy even after a good 8 hours sleep. Going to start slowly weening off after I talk to my Doctor next week."

Nick in Jersey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "When a person has mental symptoms , they're supposed to have medical workup always. The reason is many medical conditions mimic mental illness until treated. Then zero symptoms forever (mentally). If a person has Myxedema (severe hypothyroidism), gets misdiagnosed as mentally ill (schizophrenia, bipolar, delusional d/o, depression, anxiety ...all common MISDIAGNOSES in thyroid disease), Klonopin can induce coma. This happened to me and then they realized I was not mentally ill. Had no symptoms since healing from this dreadfully dangerous drug. Read "Physical Illness presenting as Psychiatric Disease" before taking any psych drug. Any sedative, hypnotic, even Advil can cause MyxedemaComa 40%chance death. See Iatrogenic Coma & other articles."

Misdiagnosed and coma (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017