User Reviews for Clonazepam

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.6
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,615 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Leilei · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've always taken clonazepam as prescribed for severe anxiety. Tolerance developed quickly and Drs kept upping my dose while adding other medications. Up until 2 years ago I would have given it a 10 as I had no idea what was happening or coming at me. It has messed up my blood pressure and I have tachycardia now so I need to get off it. THIS IS AWFUL. I have been on 1 mg 2 x daily and down to 1.5 a day. I don't know if I can get to 1 mg a day. Believe every horror story on here because if you ever want/need off this ride you better buckle up. Find another way. Don't make this an option.”

Doug July 20, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I've been on Clonazepam for 7 years recently I started feeling hazy and my brain hurt. In fact, it still does. I thought it was another medication causing me all these issues but after successfully withdrawing from that medication my symptoms stayed on board. Now I am working with my Doctor to wean off clonazepam. I was prescribed a mood stabilizer however it was making things worse. Fortunately I did not take that medication for very long. I want to feel better and I am deeply disturbed that my Doctor would keep me on a medication meant for short term use. I am nervous about withdraw but I am so ready to be myself again.”

Painhead July 19, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I had these awful headaches, it felt like a tight band around my head and it was coupled with severe pain. I told my psychiatrist and he prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam. Within a day my headaches went away. I tried lowering my dose every 3 months but the headache would come back. I was on it for over a year when I read more about headaches online, I came across a type of headache with symptoms similar to mine and one of the recommendations was magnesium. I took 25mg/day of magnesium for 1 week then cut down my clonazepam and my headaches where gone. However after being on it for over a year discontinuing clonazepam proved to be hard. I tried quitting cold turkey and had withdrawals within 2 days. I had to slowly taper down over a period of 4 months but I experienced 3 weeks of withdrawals after my final dose. A week of magnesium vs 1.5 years of clonazepam. I give this drug an 7 because it worked but I deducted 3 points because its hard to discontinue once you develop a dependency.”

Tdmr · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I took 0.5 KLONOPIN FOR 4 MONTHS and now I am physically addicted, I never used it to get "high", I just used it as prescribed, it is not a high dose. But I have HORRIBLE WITHDRAWAL when I stop including using horrible mental anguish ....”

Michelle · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 26, 2020

For Anxiety: “Ive been on numerous medications over the last 20 years. Including xanax. About 15 years ago my doctor put me on klonopin. For the first time I felt better. About 5 years later I switched insurance company's and had my new doctor switch me to xanax. Which worked fine. After that I've had about 4 different psychiatrist and none of them liked xanax so they took me off of them. And put me on other meds that did not work. So I've suffered for the last 4 years. I have PTSD and anxiety. Finally I just got a new psychiatrist and she put me back on klonopin. And I'm so relieved. I feel so much better. Don't let anyone tell you its a bad medication. I never had withdrawals years ago when I quit taking them. They have helped me better than any other medication.”

Kayla · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

For Insomnia: “This drug Klonopin has got to be my least favorite that I have ever tried. I have nocturnal epilepsy which causes nightmares, daytime sleepiness, and anxiety. This drug was prescribed because it is supposed to help all of those. It made me insanely tired when I would take it. I couldn't function afterwards and would fall asleep. The worst part were the dreams. Naturally if we sleep 8 hours it doesn't feel like 8 hours. On Klonopin I felt every single second of the night. It was awful and miserable. In my dream I would walk around a clothing store for hours and FEEL each material. If water dropped on me I would absolutely feel the wetness. Not in a good way. ALSO importantly, I am in college and normally drink quite heavily. If I took Klonopin I would become extremely nauseous and black out after a few sips. If you take this drug, absolutely do not drink while on it.”

WhatisSleep · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 24, 2020

For Night Terrors: “I have a very passionate relationship with this medication. I love it and I despise it. It has caused memory loss, extreme sedation in inappropriate times, and its one hard drug to kick. It took me over a year to get off of this medication and I had to take 0.25mg every other day for about three weeks at the end it before I finally had rational thought patterns. I hate sleeping and suffer from PTSD. While it managed my symptoms, I became a dissociated mindless zombie at the end of my use of the medication.”

anibail9 · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “After years of RLS my Neurosurgeon tried me on Klonopin. The first night I took it, I didn't have the pain and restless legs that I had suffered with for years. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone who suffers with RLS.”

Ekaddiction June 14, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I've been on Klopin for 14 years. Started at 1mg in the beginning and went up 2mg every night to help with sleeping and anxiety. This drug is the most difficult drug to cut back on. I've come off Vicodion, Opiates, Tramadal, and most recently a long term everyday Cocain addiction. By far Klopin is the is the hardest to withdrawal from. I abused Klopin and was taking up to 3.5mg a night and mix that in with Cocaine addiction and withdrawal. To be honest I'm not sure how I never went to the hospital. Unfortunately I have a high tolerance for pills and managed to run a business and maintain a somewhat normal life. On top of everything I'm bipolar with a major addiction problem. Finally decided that I need and want a life without drugs. To everyone going through this process there is a silver lining and the Klopin fog will get better and in return make you a stronger person. A little discomfort but the result is the greatest feeling in the world not having to rely on a pill.”

Chris June 11, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Just because your particular biochemistry had a bad reaction, does not mean a certain drug is bad for everyone. Benzos get a bad rep because of their dependency nature. I will tell you that I have suffered with anxiety, OCD for many years. I have tried other medicines. They have bad side effects. I have tried natural alternatives, although they do work a little bit - it's only a little bit. The upside is they rarely have any side effects. So if you can have a natural supplement work for you, go that route. However I will say that I am someone that does not like to take pharm medicine and if I have the need for Klonopin, I only try to take it every few days or so. But I will tell you, when I do take it, it's absolutely the only thing that has worked. It does not make me feel weird, groggy or zombie-like. It makes me feel back to my normal, natural me, calm content and just overall good! People that advocate against Klonopin are doing a disservice to people that the drug is helpful for.”

Maxie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 9, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take 1-2 Clonazepam at night for my RLS and it helps dramatically. I am thankful to my neurologist for prescribing this medication for me.”

velv · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Anxiety: “This clonazepam has been a godsend for me. I have severe anxiety and possible panic disorder, so whenever I feel really bad anxiety I take 0.5 mg and feel better within 20-35 minutes. It can also help me sleep sometimes, which is a plus. The only con is that if you take this during the day (I've had to many times) you WILL get drowsy. Other than that, this medication has been amazing for me. I'd definitely recommend it, although everybody is different.”

Yogi19 · Taken for 10 years or more June 9, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Ok here goes Klonopin is by far the best drug for anxiety period for me. Everyone is different of course and I have never felt the need to take more then necessary in fact I always try and take less. SSRIs did nothing for me in fact they made me more anxious. Any drug if taken too much or abused can cause you serious issues, also keep who your reviewers are me included, most people who have a bad experience will review, good experiences don't even think about doing a review. I think the ratings would be closer to 9.5 if everyone took the time to write a review that was a positive one. As we all know people are more likely to comment when they have negative outcomes and that’s understandable. People who take this medication also tend to have anxiety, panic, GAD like myself and can be very in touch with every perceived symptom within their body. In my opinion way more then the average Joe walking down the street. In other words take these reviews for what they are worth. A single persons opinion and often a person that is suffering to find anything that will make them feel better.”

Maja · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Anxiety: “This medicine helped me a lot with my problem which is caused by anxiety. I couldn't sleep so my psychiatrist told me to take 1/4 before going to sleep. Now I am afraid that I am addicted.”

Irene · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “I’ve been on 2mg of Clonazepam for 3 years every night for insomnia. About 6 months ago, I suddenly was no longer able to fall asleep. My dr. agreed that the benzo was no longer even working. He suggested I take 5 mg of liquid melatonin, and increase it by 5 mg every other night until I fell asleep easily. At 15 mg, I fell asleep easily! After taking the melatonin for 6 weeks, he had me cut my clonazepam pill 25%. Still fell asleep great. At 10 days, he had me cut it 50%!! Still, I fell asleep easily, and stayed asleep all night! I stayed at the 50% cut for 3 weeks, and then cut it down 75%! After 2 more weeks, I stopped taking it completely. I’ve had ZERO symptoms & sleep great. I still take the 15mg melatonin every night and that’s all. I know this is not a forum for discontinuation, but I wanted to share in case it could help someone else. I suffered for 10 years with horrible, horrible insomnia.”

3fitty · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Great at first but when it stops working it is awful withdrawal symptoms and I'm still on it! My advice Stay Away from benzos.”

Cookie June 1, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take it 3 times a week per drs opinion but can’t sleep on other days and restless legs are more frequent”

Greg · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I take Klonopin for Rem Behavior Disorder and Anxiety. Thank God for this medication, 0.5mgs twice has saved my life.”

Bing · Taken for 10 years or more May 26, 2020

For Sleep Paralysis: “I'm 61 yrs old. I started having sleep paralysis with hallucinations upon waking when I was 17 yrs old. It happened ver frequently. I started taking Clonazepam in my early 40s. After a few years I realized I wasn't having this horrible experience anymore. I did an experiment by going off Clonazepam twice and both time the sleep paralysis with hallucinations came back. I will take this medication until the day I die! This medical condition, especially with hallucinations, is so horrible, I would never even wish it on my worst enemy. I hope this helps even one individual!!!”

Just me · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 21, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS since I was a little kid. It runs in my family. As I got older it got worse, I went years without sleeping. I even chose a career where I was on my feet and not sitting, and night shift. In my 40s they came out with RLS meds, I tried them all. Not one worked and the side effects were horrible. I finally tried clonazepam 1mg once a day at night. I slept through the night for the first time. I have been on it for 10 years, have not increased the dosage and it still works. But the issue is the generic. Depends on what company and color of the pill. Yellow always worked, green sometimes but the multiple blues were a hit and miss. RLS is horrible and life altering. I’m thankful I have an understanding Dr. willing to prescribe it for me.”

Jack May 14, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I am 76 yrs old, Had severe leg cramps at night for more than 20 years. Been on Clonazepam for all that time. Started with 0.5mg increased to 1mg at night. Worked miracles. I was since prescribed Indapimied 2.5mgin the morning. Severe leg cramps returned. Ridaq 12.mg then prescribed instead of Idapimied. Leg cramps then less severe. Tried Clonazepam 0.5mg and leg cramp severity decreased. Dropped Clonazepam entirely and leg cramps became unbearable. Went back to Clonazepam 1Mg and leg cramps were less severe (not mild). Am about to try Clonazepam 1.5mg. I still function normally as can be expected for a person my age. Memory is commensurate with my age. A bit forgetful but not nearly Altzheimer or Dementia (Note that I'm typing this on a tablet with nobody assisting me. I in fact assist many in the coastal town that I live in to set up their computers & phones etc.) I never had any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. I think Clonazepam is a great drug and very effective.”

Gord White · Taken for 10 years or more May 11, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Been on Benzos for many years. I've decided last September to taper off slowly. Well by middle of February of 2020 I was off them completely for 12 days. Unfortunately my OCD and anxiety came back so strong that I felt I was going to go crazy. I couldn't sleep or eat or think straight. So I went back to one pill a day and of course symptoms vanished. I still want off them but the withdrawl drives me to point I wonder if I will survive......Help!!!! Any suggestions?”

Trex03 · Taken for 10 years or more May 4, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have been taking Clonazepam.05 mg twice a day for over 20 years. Recently my doctor did a urine test and I had a blood test also and failed it 3 times. I have a follow up phone call tomorrow and I am so scared he is going to take me off. Before I went on the med I lost 10 productive years of my life wishing God would take me. Clonazepam is the only thing that works for me to live a so called life. About 3 months ago my prescription was made by a company called Accord? I swear it’s the culprit and trying to explain this to my doctor. I think he thinks I’m selling theses pills. Please can someone help me. I’m so scared.”

Dino · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 1, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have NOT always been “medication complacent” as they say. Which has gotten me in trouble, in life. When my psychiatrist prescribed clonazepam, I just imagined it being like all the rest... Taking forever waiting for it to build up in my system, while dealing with all the quintessential intermittent Side effects. That is not what happened, at least to me it work immediately. It’s helps me with my mood swings, PMDD, Sciatic nerve pain, & my PTSD I do not take it everyday, just in certain situations. Like prior to my Menstrual cycle, it is important I do. For those of you that aren’t good at taking meds, for your own personal reason but suffer from a mood disorder I suggest trying this.”

benzotaper · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 24, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I'm very aware of the dangers and the suffering of benzo withdrawal--I've gone through it multiple times and I'm only 25. However, I'm going to detail the successful tapering schedule I did using Klonopin. I was taking 2mg for two years and this is how I successfully got off--I did 1.75mg for a week, 1.5mg for a week, 1.25mg for a week, 1mg for a week, .875 mg for a week, .75mg for a week, .625mg for a week, .5mg for a week, .325mg for a week, .25mg for a week, .125mg for a week, and then I jumped off. No, it wasn't easy, but it sure beat rapid withdrawal in a detox center and then going insane for months. I suggest trying what I did and you can prolong the cuts as well (instead of holding for one week, hold for two? three? a month?). Be well everyone and good luck with the fight!”