User Reviews for Clonazepam

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.4 1,359 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication has helped me take control of my life again. I’m 21 years old and used to have a brain tumor when I was younger. I was treated for my anxiety first with Lexapro but it gave me a 30 minute seizure. It turns out I have temporal lobe epilepsy due to the tumor I had, which is now accompanied by extreme panic attacks. The seizures themselves give me a rising feeling in my stomach like on a roller coaster and then my muscles and diaphragm tighten and I can barely breathe, like I got the wind knocked out of me. This then sends me into a panic attack where I start hyperventilating because I cannot get enough air. Let’s just say this medicine has restored my life. I take 2 mg before bed every night and 90 percent of the time I am seizure and panic free. I do not get any side effects with this medicine. It helped my finally make the deans list again at school since I can function properly now. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2019

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I’m a 24 year old male and suffer from severe muscle spasms, chronic pain, and anxiety (social, generalized, etc). I’ve been on Klonopin (Clonazepam) for about a year for my muscle spasms and anxiety. It’s worked wonders for both, but the generic I liked got discontinued. So my doctor let me try the Oral Disintegrating Tablets/Wafers and, let me tell you, they work MUCH BETTER than the pill version! They kick in faster, absorb much better, and last just as long for me. I’m on 1 mg three times a day and I won’t go back to the pill version! I couldn’t be happier."

JohnB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2019

For Anxiety: "I just suffered from two weeks of hell, bad continuous unrelenting panic attacks, sudden spike of simple partial seizures, I was starting to feel hopeless exhausted and ready to give up on life. Words can’t describe what I was going through. Desperately went to a medicentre and broke down in front of the doctor about not being able to see my GP for another week and I couldn’t take it anymore and he instantly prescribed the Clonazepam. Within 1 hour I felt normal again and I almost cried tears of joy, and the normal feeling keeps getting better and better. I hope I don’t become dependant though"

Kasandra (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on this drug for just about 28 years. I suffer from serious panic attacks and won't go out in public with out it. I can't deal with lots of people. My Dr has dropped me from 2mg three times a day to 1mg three times a day. She has no desire to get me to stop. And neither do I. The things I've read here today say that to stay on them this long is bad. Well I personally have no issues at this point."

Love lala (taken for 10 years or more) April 4, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Been using this drug for RLS for quite some time was very happy with it then it quit working so I tried going off of it with dr approval and tried other methods and nothing worked, and I couldn't sleep at all. It got really bad so had to go back and get back on the same meds but just upped the dose. Now my dr is thinking of stopping giving the meds because he says it's just to much paperwork for him and his nurses, I'm scared cause this is the only thing that works and I have the very bad case of RLS. Don't know what I'm going to do ."

Pooh (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2019

For Anxiety: "My doctor has tried me on many different drugs from gabapenten, seroquil, Xanax, Valium, propranolol, klonadine..nothing works for me except Klonopin. Because of all the studies coming out and many people having adverse reactions to the drug; I am now reduced to taking Advil at 800mg each night and klonadine. I never had withdrawals, gaps in memory, walking around in a zombie state..when I was taking this medicine regularly I even skipped doses. Anyways, I’m not the doctor..and am still be treated like a lab rat for trial and error medications. Sucks"

Someone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "First let me say anxiety and panic disorder have just about crippled me, I have no energy, I can't go to store or leave the house at the worse times. My dilemma is I can't find a doctor to prescribe clonazepam when I had them I can function have conversations with people that ordinarily I couldn't have. But when I can't get them I am in seclusion I'm disabled and have been this way for a long time"

Eli (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2019

For Anxiety: "I've taken clonazepam for over twenty years with no side effects, I tried to stop a few times, but the anxiety and mood swings caused me to start again. I just hate the feeling of being so reliant upon it."

Harleyridr (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been taking 0.5 for about 10 years. It helps me sleep much better where before I would wake up with a mind that wouldn't stop. I was on Ambien and that was too much. Happy with my Drs. recommendation as my dosage is pretty low."

Chevy (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I need something fast acting but my doctors scared of the addictive aspect!! I have CONSTANT panic attacks and I'm already up to 0.5 3x a day and I can't even tell I took them.. "

Bebe (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was first prescribed Ativan for panic attacks and was to take it as needed . It made me extremely depressed and suicidal and I couldn't focus . So I switched to Klonopin and in my experience it's so much better. I don't feel 'drugged up' when I'm on it . I just feel calm and have a good sense of wellbeing. Also helps with social anxiety , I'm not constantly worrying what people are thinking of me ."

Erin (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam is a lifesaver if taken properly."

AnttiKokko (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "My son took it only 4 times (evening, morning, evening, and morning), 0.5 each, morning and night. He has strange reaction or side effects. He supposed to sleep until 8am, but after taking it two days, he got up 6am, very rough, angry, aggressive, no appetite. Cannot focus and rough in school it makes him sleep 2 hours less. School call home about his rough behavior. We decide to take it off. Horrible drug! Never recommend it!"

PQ (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Insomnia: "Amazing, until I tried to come off of it...now back on it and it no longer works. I've been sick for 4 months. Some people have been sick for even longer, look up benzo withdrawal"

Byrjun (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2019

For Insomnia: "Been on clonazapam for 15 years. Used to take 0.5mg a night and it helped me sleep but my dr wanted me to get off of it because it was addictive. I went cold turkey (would not recommend) when I was in-between jobs. It was about 12 really long sleepless panic filled days and nights that I had to get through. Once I did I was ok without any lasting effects. I was off of it for a few months when I started having trouble sleeping again due to anxiety and work stress. I tried everything and nothing worked for me... I said blow this and went back to the clonazepam. Better to be dependent on this than no sleep at all. I am very careful about the dose. Usually .25 a night... if I really need it .5. I can’t sleep without it even if I stop for 1 night. I’m 40 years old and will probably take this forever. But I’ve accepted that. For me it doesn’t have negative effects other than the dependency I have on it. But again, at least I’m sleeping and that’s more important to me."

PK (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I went to pain management and was described this medicine for the excruciating pain that I was getting in my lower calf as well as my back, this medication did nothing for pain. I was able to go to sleep but once I was awaken I was not able to go back asleep. Also I couldfeel this med underneath my scalp working in my brain like a numbness. Needless to say the prescription has been flushed down the toilet useless drug for me."

Joey (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medication for 8 years, it was originally prescribed off label for restless leg syndrome at 0.5mg at night. It had the added bonus of helping a lot with my insomnia and tooth grinding. So my Dr put me on 0.5mg twice daily. 8 years on it is still effective although due to tolerance my dose is 3x 0.5my daily. I suffer no daytime sedation or other side effects. It is a strange Benzodiazepine as I have never really noticed I've taken a dose, I only know I'm taking it when I have had to stop taking for a few days, the withdrawal symptoms are very unpleasant. I'm in the UK and am amazed that I still get prescribed a Benzodiazepine for off label use after all this time. I have never felt the need to increase my dose over the three times a day."

Cumulus February 20, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "I began having severe anxiety in 2015. I hesitated to use Lexapro which was prescribed to me by my GP. When I finally got up the nerve to take it, I experienced a major increase in my anxiety and was taken off by ER doctor. I then began seeing a psychiatrist who but me back on Lexapro and also prescribed .75 mg of clonazepam a day. Clonazepam allowed me to drive again, to work again, and my anxiety was finally relieved. After two years, I tapered off with no problems, but now find myself back on an SSRI and Clonazapam. I have begun seeing a counsellor as well. As much as I hate taking it, I know that it has worked for me in the past, so for now, I will take it."

LAW33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin feels like combines all the good effects of many anxiety medicine to help me and it makes me feel good about myself"

Li224987 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Insomnia: "wow. I got the script yesterday. I tried it last night. 0.5mg it made me feel sick, weird sick - like I had taken a bad trip drug. My legs felt restless. Forget about going to work the next day! Terrible medicine for me."

normal guy (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Anxiety: "I suffer from GAD which manifests itself by causing PAINFUL knots in my upper back muscles at its worse. I tried aspirin, ibuprofen, and prescription muscle relaxers. Nothing eased the pain except 1.5-2 mg of Clonazepam. After years of taking Clonazepam skipping a day or two here and there, I was curious to see if I would experience withdrawal. Thus, recently I refrained from taking any for 5 days. Thankfully, nothing triggered my anxiety during those 5 days and I also take Lexapro daily (still prone to the trigger point knots in my back even on lexapro if my anxiety is triggered). I didn’t experience any withdrawal symptoms. I guess I am one of the lucky ones after reading about the horrors of Clonazepam withdrawals."

CaraCamel (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been using Klonopin for over 5 years and I have found it to be very effective in reducing anxiety in combination with low dose Paxil. Take 0.5 mg during the work week and none on weekends. Also take 0.5 at night to help sleep. I have not built a tolerance and find it a very useful tool in managing anxiety. My goal has been to use it sparingly but will not hesitate to take more for more dentists visits, interviews, etc.. Just know if you do you will be tired and drained afterwards. Wish I had found my right combo of meds before I quit a great job due to anxiety. Also Ativan didn't treat me very nice. Had severe withdrawal as it has a shorter half life. My quality of life has improved because of Klonopin. Oh...No weight gain either."

Mr. Bill February 6, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have suffered insomnia since late teens. I asked my Dr if I could be prescribe this for my insomnia and was prescribed 0.5 mg. Finally restful and solid sleep. 8 years later Dr increased it to 1 mg. Great solid and restful sleep all night and no hangover. 2019 I am at 1mg of clonazepam and still get relief for insomnia. Now a controlled substance and Dr highly recommends I cleanse myself of it . Suppose to take 1/2 dosage of clonazepam plus gabapentin . Experience sleepness nights and migraines. I gave the routine a chance but I am back on my 1 mg clonazepam only."

Cleo2019 February 4, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have always struggled with racing thoughts 24/7, which prevented me from sleeping. Over the years I was on diazapam and it worked well. Klonopin saved my life and restored my sleep. I tried about 8 different seratonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) that WORSENED my symptoms. The guide on my pain medicine allows for its use if all other drugs for anxiety have been found to be ineffective. I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. Recap: Cymbalta settled out of court for brain zaps. Paxil, welbutrin, excitilopram, and Prozac cannot be taken by people experiencing worsening conditions and clonus."

Davy Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I was mis-prescribed clonazepam for depression by what I realize now was an incompetent psychiatrist. I was too depressed to do any research to find out that it is only to be taken for 2-4 weeks, and even that is too long. I was prescribed it for 18 months at which time a psychologist told me to quit, which she had no business doing as she was not even an MD. Another incompetent. Not knowing any better I tapered for 3 weeks (like I would have for an anti-depressant) and ended up in severe withdrawal. I should've taken 1-2 years to taper in that it changes your brain function; it's like taking a poison. I took the last portion of the 2mg dose I was prescribed in August, 2014. Nearly 4.5 years later, I am functional but I am not back to normal. Please do not take any benzo drug except for an occasional panic attack or a few days in succession. They have a place, but long-term use is definitely not their place."

Chicago lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2019