User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clonazepam.

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,197 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Panic Disorder: "MAGIC MED!!! It has done wonders for my anxiety, panic, and constant worrying. It actually makes me concentrate better at the task at hand. I was able to study and get my GED after dropping out of high school many years ago. I got my confidence back and regained my positive thoughts. I also take Sertraline 100mg. But Clonazepam is my go to for panicky situations. I've been taking it on and off for years... It actually is better then Xanax because it lasts longer throughout the day and is not as sedating for me. I'd say its the safer of the Benzos."

kevykooks (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I had been prescribed 1mg of Xanax before bed for severe insomnia after trying all other sleep meds with side effects, for over 5 years and it worked great. Then I had to get a new PC and they refused to fill Xanax.. Said I needed to go to a psychiatrist for that med. Sooo ridiculous. So, instead he gave me 1mg Klonopin at bedtime. He said it was the same thing just less addictive. I've never had an addiction problem with any meds but he felt "uncomfortable" giving me the rx for Xanax, which again, worked great for me. Now on Klonopin my insomnia is worse. I can't fall asleep until 7-8am and I just lay there wide awake feeling all irritated. I now get 2-3 hours of sleep a night. Which is worse for my health than 1mg of Xanax."

Sun247 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on Klonopin (Clonazapam) for 9 years and have never felt the need to increase my dose of 0.5mg in the am., and 1.0 mg in the pm. I have PTSD, and no longer have panic attacks or the General Anxiety associated with the PTSD. I might have to take it for the rest of my life, but without it my quality of life was unbearable. I don't want to go back to the panicky shaking and heart palpitations and fatigue I felt after an episode. Truly, my triggers don't even bother me that much due to this medication. It's been my saving grace."

Tweety933 November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "there ok only on 0.5, taste good at least"

mmm54321087 November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I take this for Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Inhibition, Lack of Motivation. SSRI's don't work well for me. Klonopin (also valium/xanax}) has been the only drug to help me to any degree. I take very little, but it has saved me from severe anxiety, and then I realized that it actually improves my depression, not 100%, but enough that it is significant, while SSRIs do not. It also calms me down so I can think better. I also recently tried l- methylfolate, and it REALLY helped me but caused a problem. If I take more than a normal dose of Klonopin, it could make me sleepy, but other than that, no side affects. And I have the option to not take it if I don't need it. I hope l-methyl folate will be even better once I figure out how to use it without a bad reaction. Don't take Klonopin if you get addicted to drugs"

TBAgs November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Life saver. Gets way too much of a bad rap by "professionals" who don't know squat about mental health. Make sure to use sparingly and you will not get addicted For high pressure situations at work or other emergency situations it makes me a normal person again. This Rx has saved my life and my job. (Go to counselling too)"

YankeeFanatic (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've dealt anxiety since I was a child but never sought help until it became very serious and my job and relationships were being affected. I was prescribed clonazepam and instructed to only take it when necessary. It has worked wonderfully for me and for once in a long time, I actually felt genuinely calm and relaxed, and my perspectives towards things that would bother me on a normal day changed completely (I was able to rationalise things better and get over problems quickly). The first hour or so after taking clonazepam is torture though as I would usually feel very drowsy and dazed. After that, as long as I eat properly, the drowsiness goes away and the pill will work wonders."

AlyT (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I have been on klonopin for 10 years. Nobody told me what this stuff does to you. 21 days into a cold turkey withdrawal and I wasn't here. I was trapped in my own body like I was paralyzed. You cannot use one benzo to come off the other. They have a new IV drug you can use. It will detox you in a week. And you are supposed to be fine plus its a benzo blocker also. So please don't trade one for the other if you are on xanax or anything like them please please just ween off them. Quickly!!!!! I'm personally going to detox in the next couple of days. I'll leave another review then."

Jen12345667 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This stuff works great at first. I took it for both insomnia and mild anxiety, and within 20min I was so relaxed and could fall asleep like nothing. Unfortunately my tolerance built up so quickly; I went from 0.5mg a night to 2mg a night in just 2 months just for it to keep working. And coming off of it is extremely difficult. VERY heightened anxiety and terrible withdrawal symptoms. It took me nearly 2 months to get off it completely."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from extreme social and general anxiety for most of my life, but didn't seek help until I was around 20. I was prescribed many SSRIs but none of them worked. Clonazepam has been the only thing that has ever helped relieve my anxiety. Its a shame that many doctors won't prescribe it because it can be habit forming, yet they'll gladly give out SSRIs that can cause manic behavior or suicidal thoughts. This medication saved me from my anxiety."

Airrinn November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Been on clonazepam for a while. It is not as effective for me as lorazepam since most of my anxiety is due to severe, treatment resistant OCD however it's still effective in reducing debilitating anxiety. It has a longer half life than lorazepam and xanax but it's slower to take affect. My doctor combines this with hydroxyzine for panic attacks and it works quite well. I recommend this benzodiazepine over other since xanax has an extremely high chance of dependency, and over lorazepam because its just recently been discovered that lorazepam can cause dementia."

ecarbajal (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "In 1993 (age 44) I was having real problems with my legs moving so much could not sleep. I had a sleep study done and was told I had restless legs. The doctor first put me on neurotin but could not take. He then put me on klonopin 2mg. This work very well. I only take at night. Sometimes if I am too active the sensations in my legs get worse. I have been taking 2mg for 25 years. When I first started taking nobody discussed side effects. All I knew is I could rest at night. Now at age 68 I wonder about my memory. At the time I was prescribed the pill to take it was not a controlled substance. I think I am too old now to get off and because I have taken for so long."

For you November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I will tell you right now that this is not for panic disorder. The time it takes to kick in is excruciating - one and a half hours. It only makes anxiety more upfront. If you have panic you need Xanax! This medicine brought back anxiety like I haven’t had in years, chest pain, fear, fear, racing heart. Ridiculous. My Dr said no to my Xanax only having been prescribed 15 in 3 years and only taking for extreme events. Now my life has turned upside down thanks to this worthless medicine. If you truly have panic and can wait 2 hrs for relief I admire you. I’m a 41 yr old construction worker and like to think I’m pretty strong, until panic sets and I want to tear off my own skin."

Ramey bh November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This does not work for me. Must be a placebo. Did not alleviate symptoms at all."

SFT (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have multiples issues: trigeminal nerve pain in my face/head, and panic attacks closely related to this horrible condition that have led to a lot of very unfortunate circumstances. I have been on it before (20 years ago). I avoided since it because it's a benzo, but if I don't get treated successfully, I believe, as does my therapist, my prognosis is poor. I encourage all to try all other pathways; only if they fail should you consider klonopin. Unrelenting anxiety and panic attacks are not acceptable in my circumstances."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Have been taking clonazepam since 1996. Couldn't have gotten by without it. Probably will remain on it for my life, but the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives."

Wendala (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My wife who I dearly love recently left me (splitting up my family) at a time while my business is also failing and I'm suddenly in a position where I'm afraid I won't be able to make it financially. The depression and grief led to anxiety and eventually panic. Completely unable to function. Minutes seemed like hours. A struggle to get through each day. Only to like awake all night. At one point got a total of 4 hours of sleep over 5 days. A total wreck about to be institutionalized. Reached crisis mode and was given Klonopin - 1.5 mg/day spread over 3 doses. Anxiety/panic diminished greatly and allowed me to finally SLEEP. Progressively improving. A true life saver. Not worried about tapering later."

Klonager (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Brings me back from panic attacks, only thing that calms me down."

Panic069 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I got prescribed this a few months ago to help alleviate anxiety and panic attacks. It's been a life saver. I only take it as needed since it can be habit-forming, but it works really well. It definitely calms me down."

lavendermoon7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I’m taking cipralex for depression and ONLY when I feel anxiety I take ½ of 1mg pill. I feel better in 10 min.. good luck to you all."

02051946 (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on this med for 2 months it keeps me awake all night..what to do I take it at bed time .Still awake at 4 am"

Sleepless in oh October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: ".05 mg of clonazepam is not very much at all, and it kicks in slowly. The stuff is pretty harmless. It's a pharmacokinetically safe drug, but it will eliminate 100% inhibition, so if you're prone to violence stay away. It doesn't even compare to Alprazolam."

tokkig (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I am thankful for this medication clonazepam, because I had chronic episodes of panic attack,: feeling that I was loosing my mind, full of terror like when you are falling from an airplane, my hands sweating, a feeling that nobody could help me, always calling the ambulance because I felt like I was going to die. But one night I went to the mental health emergency room because I couldn't deal with this illness anymore and this physician prescribe me Clonazepam since 2007 and the panic attacks stopped finally , it's 2017 and still using them!"

Greatful to God (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "works great, but you build up a tolerance, and now I need 5 times as much (2.5mg) to get the same effect as .5 mg used to give me. After 10 years."

robbie gerrie October 6, 2017