User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1134 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia since I was 14, I'm 35 now. My insomnia stems from abuse as a child which led to PTSD. When I was about 23 I was diagnosed as bi-polar. I don't think I've ever really slept like a normal person. I've been on so many different sleep aids. I have had 2 sleep studies, the most recent confirmed that I don't have sleep apnea but that I don't have normal sleep. I started Clonazepam a couple weeks ago after the combination of ativan 2mg and amitriptyline 300 mg stopped working. My doctor started me at 0.5mgs I took it for 2 weeks and it had no effect on me, so she raised it to 1mg and I don't know what I'm supposed to feel but I'm definitely not tired, I'm up till 3 or 4 in the morning. It's honestly one of the most frustrating things."

SleeplessinMD July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Hi all,thanks 4 sharing My story is I have "parasomnia" (a catch-all for sleep walking /sleep issues they [doctors] "don't understand"). Clonazepam has been great (not perfect) I sleepwalk.Leaving the house...12-22 years old Completely disrupted my circadian rhythm (if you're not familiar with circadian rhythm I recommend you look it up) Basically never had a good night's sleep/Chronically sleep deprived. 23=0.25mg then over 2(?)years upped to 1.0mg because tolerance. 1 Dr said 2.0 was max dosage vs next per case... I held at 1.0 because I expected NEEDING to increase dose over my life. First night was LITERALLY best sleep of my life. Woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed! (gradually declined from there). Mitigated well though not eliminated symptoms. BURYING THE LEAD-2 side effects: -not taking it = not sleeping. -drinking ie 5+ drinks = wetting the bed Living with it."

Urban Observer (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I've been taking two 1mg tablets of clonazepam for many years. I stopped once cold turkey and ended up in the hospital. My plan is to take the two tablets and cut them in the quarters, ending up with a quarters, then I plan to drop off one quarter each month, taking a total of 8 months to get off of them. Do you think that's long enough where I will not experience withdrawal symptoms? Any advice would be helpful. RON"

Ron 44 July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have Metastatic adrenal cancer and this Calms me a great deal I take 1 mg three times a day and it's enough to keep me calm and not worry about death and leaving my husband and 3 kids and I'm soon to be grandma."

Tagteam1 July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I suffered from debilitating generalized anxiety since high school. During university (25 years ago), it really spiked and the doctor I saw suggested rivotril/clonozapem on a longer term regular basis. For many years I took .5mg three times a day without incident. The anxiety never again got out of control...and I never felt need to increase. About 6 years ago, I decided to start cutting back very slowly. Eventually, over a long period, I actually tapered it back to .25mg once in the morning. This worked for two years until my marriage ended recently. I added another .25mg in the evening. My life has not been great, but IMO clonozapem has been a saviour. The GAD I had/have is not bearable. And other approaches alone do not work."

Mr Sal July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I was given Klonopin as a sleep med 8 years ago when I was diagonosed with severe anxiety/depression. Finally, I was correctly diagnosed as Bi-polar. At the beginning of the year I spent 3 weeks in an outpatient program after a particularly ugly manic episode. The Dr. at the hospital as well as my new Dr. agreed that I need to be taken off my SSRI because of it causes mania. I was apprehensive because the Zoloft kept the panic away. So they upped the dosage of the Klonopin. It's been 7 months and I take anywhere between .75 and 2 mg a day. Usually it's 1mg. I can't believe the change it's made!"

anxiousbipolar (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, sometimes so bad I was constantly dizzy, out of it and feeling like a completely different person. The pain in my chest would subside after taking this and I would feel better. I'm so thankful my Dr prescribed this to me, and I only take it if I really need it so when I get really bad panic attacks or increased anxiety. Different ones work better for different people, but I will never go on SSRI's again, they made my anxiety 1000 times worse, panic attacks from morning until night, no sleep, couldn't eat. My quality of life was so bad I felt as though ending it would be better. So, I'm happy I have a Dr who listens and cares about my mental state and wants to improve my life."

NICOCARM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "For 19 years I've had panic attacks and I've been hell and back until I discovered clonazepam ! Amazing! I don't care about this being addictive its a gold star to me and thousands of others....everyday I wished myself to curl up and die to stop the fear and dread...that wasn't living I was stuck in hell and became agrophobic...I panicked over every small matter...I thought I had gone mad....until I discovered someone on a site like this saying how good it is so I asked my doctor who hadn't even heard of it???..but I demanded to try this med as I was so tired of being scared constantly.... Hated myself cause I couldn't even be a proper family as I just lived in fear ...I started on 0.5 and got to my right dose of 2 mg!!!!! It was a miracle!"

Englishrose46 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I do suffer from Anxiety which elevates my hypertension. I take losartan to control my hypertension when I am not stressed but when the stress kicks in I take the clonzapam. After that my BP 150/95 recedes back to 130/82. I would like to take it every day and probably should but I don't want to become dependent on it. When I stay on it for a few days I see 117/72. It does wonders for my hypertension."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am 50. I have taken clonazepam 0.5 mg every night for 10 years. It gives me beautiful sleep. I have never needed more. I have been insomniac all my life with mild GAD. It kills the sex drive and so I try just half a tab a couple nights a week. I don't sleep very well with half tab. With all the hype about how bad it is long term, I have tried weaning back, but with poor sleep I become depressed and irritable. My estrogen is high, my testosterone has been low ever since I started taking it. I've always wondered what connection it has with hormones. It is a wonder drug in so many ways for me. Maybe when I am finally done with menopause I will consider weaning off."

pati-o (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "It startet a year ago with 0.5mg Clonazepam, now I am on 1.5 mg of Clonazepam, it basically stopped working for my insomnia. I went to see my doc, he prescribed me Temazepam (Restoril) which has a very short half life, half of that of Clonazepam, sure enough it didn't work! I called my doctor and he said he would call in Ativan (Lorazepam) at my pharmacy, I should take 1 mg. Ativan has an even shorter half life than Temazepam, besides the equivalent dosage of 1.5 mg Clonazepam is 3 mg! of course that 1 mg didn't do anything. And on top of that I got withdrawing symptoms from not taking Clonazepam! I called my doctor again, he was agitated and told me to take 30 mg Temazepam together with 1 mg Ativan together with 10 mg Zyprexa!!!! I fired him"

Christian212 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Literally the best medication I've ever taken for my panic/anxiety disorder! I used to get panic attacks over the smallest things and it took over my life, not an exaggeration either. I started taking this 4 years ago and have been on it ever since. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 years. This medicine has literally changed my life."

MerMer6 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have GAD which causes insomnia. I have taken Klonopin 2 mg at night as a sleep aid, for about 3 years. No problem developing tolerance, which I have had with other Benzos such as Ambien & Lunesta. My doc says he has many patients using Klonopin as a sleep aid for many years with no problems. Daytime I take Zoloft 150 mg and Neurontin 1600mg to control the GAD. I think the long half life Klonopin has helped daytime anxiety. After suffering from under-medicated GAD for 40 years, I now have a drug combo that has essentially cured my anxiety and insomnia. The only negative to Klonopin as a sleep aid is it takes 2 hrs+ to produce sleep. But then, a restful 8 hrs. So just remember to take it early. Say 9:00 if you want to go to sleep at 11:30"

Danny66 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I'm currently on 2 mg TID (3 times a day). I was a 2 on a scale of 1-10 before I found Klonopin. It has helped me get up to a 7. I also take Paxil. Find a good psychiatrist or doctor who understand that people with anxiety need anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazepines). If you take as prescribed, you will see way more positive than negative."

KlonopinHelps (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Honestly, how well this works depends on the generic you get, and whether it works well for you. In my case, I took off two points for the Sandoz generic. Seriously, Sandoz generic Clonazepam sucks!! But Teva, which some people hate, is so strong that I actually have to divide my dose between morning and evening, or I won't be able to get up. LOL. So, rule of thumb, be VERY careful when switching generics of this drug, because you may get your butt kicked like I did."

a5n8g8e2l4a (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks 30 years ago. I didn't know what was happening to me. Up at night couldn't sleep and everyone else sleep. I would have a feeling of detachment from myself when driving and hyperventilate. I found out I was having panic attacks and had agoraphobia, social anxiety. I was afraid to drive across bridges and pass cars. I was prescribed clonazapam wafers 0.25 and Zoloft 25 mg to start then 50 mg of Zoloft. Clonazapam really helps my anxiety and driving. I had anxiety at night afraid to go to sleep, it has helped me. People say it's addicting, well it helps me so I will continue to use it...I was tired of having anxiety all my life since the 1980's..this is 2017, too long suffering with this disorder."

f2vick55 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I am a 9/11 victim. After a year in the hospital I never took a drug. I never even had drugs before this nor would I take Tylenol. I didn't drink until my mid 20s. I was 19-almost buried in rubble. I hid my Anxiety by cancelling or drinking. I was too afraid to take pills as crazy as it sounds bc I didn't want to not be in control. 10 years later I couldn't go into a meeting, then step into work, then the train, then my house. Panic attacks are debilitating and I knew that my life would end. I was given a choice- to take this med or looney bin. It stopped it head on. Take Lexapro same time daily and 3 months was off of clonazepam. Kept on Lexapro. If you need another med to take daily and use this 1 when needed. U will be super drowsy so take it at night"

Ifb (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017