User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 993 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "I've had PTSD induced insomnia since I was 6 years old. I've tried every possible drug there is, ambien, lunesta and the like. Nothing seems to work, and my recurring dream always seems to come right back and wake me up. One time I decided to try klonopin because sleeping on a cycle of 4 days awake 5 hours asleep from 6 years old to 29 will make you try anything. First time I took it, one 2mg pill, I slept for three solid days, I've never experience sleep that deep that I can remember, but it feels like a life saver, my only way to truly sleep after feeling like the reaper was just hanging over my head waiting."

Polymath September 25, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I used to get them for restless leg sydrom.....Worked very well....Moved and new doctor wont give them out"

stuois ass September 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia for several years, sleeping only 2-3 hours per night. I tried Clonazepam last year for a few months and didn't have much success with it, so I went back to Lunesta, which worked fairly well but left me with a dull headache every day. I decided to try 1mg Clonazepam again after reading that Doxepin helps it to work better - this time I take it along with 3mg of Doxepin Elixir liquid, (which is an antihistamine at low doses of 3-6mg). Now, I fall asleep within 30 minutes and sleep all night! Between 7 and 8 hours. I feel energetic and not groggy at all! I have my life back!!"

Krz September 24, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been suffering with insomnia for months! Klonopin is the only therapy thst gets me to sleep & stay asleep! Tried Ambien, Trazadone, nonr of it worked for me"

GA September 24, 2016

For Seizure Prevention: "As soon as I feel any sort of seizure coming on, I need only take a half to a full 0.5 mg dosage. Within 20 minutes, I feel a sense of calmness overcome me...and all of the strange sensations disappearing. For me, I'll get an intense tingling all over my body, my thoughts become rapid, my hands jittery, and heart pounding (as my warning signs.) Clonazepam has the ability to literally take that away..at least for me. It does make you a bit tired, and at times forgetful. But is it not more worth it to be seizure free, and have some sense of security that you will be alright? I've been taking it for two years now, and although I am not a fan of taking medication, period...this is my one exception. I feel much safer knowing I have it on me."

KatherineTate September 21, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My RLS is inherited and turned predictably vicious by the time I reached my early 40s. It was destroying my life. I was put first on Clonazepam (1 mg) in 2003 and 13 years later I am now at 2 mg taken several hours before bedtime. Some health experts describe Clonazepam as "the most dangerous pill in America" because once on it and once dependent you risk two things...the first is severe withdrawal symptoms beginning within three to four days of stopping. The second is even after being weaned from the drug you will likely experience the sudden onset of withdrawal symptoms weeks or even months after stopping. I am also on pramipexole and Gabapentin."

Wicked Withdrawal Symptoms (taken for 10 years or more) September 15, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've suffered all my life with anxiety/panic attacks. Seems to worsen as I age. I've tried many different meds. Ssri's in particular this drug class is the only to show improvements in my condition as I have major depression as well. Clonazepam works really well for me it's like a constant flow of relief. I would recommend this. I also take Wellbutrin in combo."

Anxiety Freebie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "Not worting for me so far. Taking .5 as per doc & still cant sleep"

Morganskit September 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I have always suffered from GAD for many years but as of lately & due to many stressful life situations, it's developed into a debilitating panic disorder. I can barely eat, sleep, constantly nauseous, losing weight. I have never in my life taken any type of anxiety med. I've always went the natural route - yoga, cbt, exercise, and although some of those things are helpful to others, I felt I needed something more to help me along in the process. Let me tell you that Klonopin has been an absolute savior in my life. Just after one day of taking it, my panic completely subsided within 20-30 min. I take one .5 in the am/pm along with lexapro. so far so good. As long as you are taking it as prescribed in small doses,the risk of addiction is low"

California 222 September 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "Hi I'm from Philippines. i have a Insomnia for 2 months and my Doctor gave me a Rivotril ( Clonazepam) this is a true blessing for me. because i sleep better. for Now i take this when i need like have a occasion or for travel its Great Help me a LOT. also i try different Sleeping aids. Like Melatonin, Sleepasils. but did't work. Only CLONAZEPAM work Wonderfully! :)"

Markrey September 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "This drug has changed my life. I have severe panic disorder and derealization. I was having debilitating panic attacks daily. I felt like I was living in hell. My new doctor decided to switch me to this after Ativan seemed to not be helping. It has helped me live a normal life for the first time in years. After the first dose I was already feeling more calm, my racing thoughts have pretty much vanished. I still feel anxiety, but I am able to shut it down very quickly before it has the chance the turn into a full blown panic attack. I am so glad to have found this drug and have it work so well for me. The only downside is that it makes you drowsy, but I feel like you get used to it over time."

Kj1891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For Seizure Prevention: "Amazing. That's all that needs said. I take one at night which makes me tired and I have a great night sleep and wake up feeling brilliant. I feel as though I'm 'cured'. Recommend to anyone. Especially myoclonic and absence seizures."

Tarrie September 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have tried every medication under the sun for anxiety! I was born anxious I have always said. My doctor put me on Klonopin as more of a long term anxiety medication in her mind. It was such a miracle for me. I was prescribed 1mg x 2 at night, if needed for anxiety and Insomnia, at the time of my divorce. I found I was able to wake up the next day without feeling groggy if I had taken it the night before. When the panic and anxiety set in, it allowed me to calm down and get through the hardest moments. I only take it once in a while these days, but it truly helped me."

GlitterAnxietyWater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for : "Several years ago my life long difficulties with startles escalated to classic hyperekplexia. After some research, my suggestions to both a geriatric psychiatrist and movement disorder specialist agreed to try Klonopin ... .5 mg twice/day. Worked fine to decrease intensity and frequency of "attacks." I also have dystonia and as the cervical "storms" increased, they increased Klonopin to .5 three times a day. Helped some but does not extinguish the disorders ... nothing will. One just has to avoid the "triggers," if possible."

GMJ August 29, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm suffering from OCD and anxiety disorders for the last 22 years. This pill is the only one who helps. Only 0.5 mg and you immediately feel the difference."

rypz79 (taken for 10 years or more) August 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "My boyfriend began taking this drug to lessen his anxiety and alcohol intake. Initially I was very excited to see what it would do for him, unfortunately the results were not too pleasing. Beforehand we enjoyed the little things in life and going on random excursions. Now he has become a complete zombie!! He specifically requested very low doses (.25 mg) and in a short period of time, he has completely altered his state of being. He's tired very often and gets very irritable or annoyed being in public without him. Much less spontaneous and fun filled as before and has caused way more relational issues. Definitely would not recommend this drug unless you're prepared for the crap loads of negative social and interpersonal effects!"

Him #7 August 22, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started experiencing RLS several years ago and didn't think anything of it until my wife started commenting that it kept her awake (along with my snoring). Then I discovered that taking 2 alieve (naproxen) when the rls started would stop it. Eventually I would have to tak another pill around 3 am and then a 4th around 5 am. When I moved to another city my new doctor prescribed clonazepam 1mg. However it only worked after I start experiencing the rls (about 1 hour after I went to sleep). Eventually his did not work and I reverted to the naproxen. However, after a long day I will take the naproxen the clonazepan after I wake up again. That seems to be working... for now."

LARRY23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "This generic doesn't work"

Mikal79 August 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "My experience using Clonzepam 1-2 mg for anxiety were OK. NO bad side effects but it seemed more suited as a sleeping aid than a anxiety med to help me through the day and remain functioning. Had better anti-anxiety effects from Xanax or Valium. But that's just me."

DanTheMan6669 August 17, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Taking for almost 2 years and half...1 mg everyday for anxiety, panic dis order and insomnia: RIVOTRIL!! its wonder medicine!"

DJ ICE CUBE (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "hi all readers been on clonazepam low dose for 2 months , consultant upped med to 2mg at night to help with sleep &restless syndrome ,started to loose short term memory palpitations at night and falling out of bed for some reason. have reduced med to 1.5 mg but will take it 3 times a day less peaks , seeing consultant sept 2016 and may ask for a change ,also taking Pregbalin 200 mg am & PM 1 year. I hope consultant can resolve Clonazipam as anxiety is reduced and do not worry so much . hope this helps , I think memory problems are common with clonazipam , not sure if this improves over time or gets worse,"

ratty50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have taken rivotril for 6 months it helps me alot.after 1 and half year I stop using it as I felt I'm already better and I was so happy with the results...after suffering bad turbulence on plane I slowly going back to old situation again...so I decide to go back to my doctor and tell her the whole story and she said my panic and anxiety is back...then I start using again I'm happy with the results because I know it helped me so much.i sleep good every night I run 14 kilometers everyday..I'm glad to my Doctor for prescribing me with this medication"

Sova (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016