User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1100 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Very helpful for anxiety if taken at proper dosage. I take 4 mg a day (2 mg twice a day) and it's been excellent! Find a doctor who understands how anxiety actually works and isn't anti benzos. If taken responsibly, Benzos, like Klonopin, can be life changing!"

JV CIN May 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "Started on 0.5 mg at bedtime for possible restless leg syndrome, developed flat affect, lack of emotion, somnolence. Reduced to 0.25 mg at bedtime. Kept on this med by another neurologist who diagnosed tardive dyskinesia. Third neurologist increased to 0.5 mg at bedtime in attempt to promote better sleep (had restless sleep to this point). Found not helpful with sleep, still woke up many times and restless with increased somnolence next day, so decreased back to 0.25 mg. Med was somewhat helpful decreasing uncontrolled movements of TD, but not a lot. While not effective in my case in promoting better sleep, it was somewhat effective in reducing some of the uncontrolled movements of tardive dyskinesia, for which there are few effective meds."

Barbie D May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Yes stopped anxiety in its tracks BUT and a big but it is very addictive and getting off of it has been very difficult EVEN when using a titration method of slowly decreasing dose. I went as high as taking 3mg over a 3-year period. The withdrawal from this drug for me was incredible it's been a month that I have been off of it and the anxiety and "brain fog" are intense, I'm hoping this goes away over time as it's very difficult to concentrate. Do your homework BEFORE taking this medicine. Be well."

Freedog (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Had terrible anxiety attacks .Have been on 0.5 mg for years. Really helped."

Decorater (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I take fluvoxamine for overall general OCD 150mg/day at dinner. Mild insomniac my entire life. Recently, it was really bad so in the last month or so I tried trazadone (by a doctor), which had horrible effects on me . For some reason although this has a high success rate for many people, it didn't not work for me. After this, my doctor prescribed me 2mg of clonazepam 90 minutes before bedtime. It works very good, I have a little drowsiness the next day, but overall love the medication. It does take me about 2 hours to kick in instead of 90 minutes."

sleepylate20s (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I am surprised by how many people get such relief from migraines by taking clonazapam. I take 1mg twice a day for anxiety and it works well for me. Never noticed helping migraines. I'm on Sumatriptan."

Kurt D. (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar 2 with rapid mood cycling occasional suicidal ideations. After taking citalopram for 12 years for what doc thought was regular depression, I went off that and now searching for mood stabilizer for bipolar moods. Clonazapam 0.5 2x daily helped stabilize my anxiety after all of this and Ativan 0.5 as needed for panic attacks. Clonazapam is great because it stays in your system much longer than Ativan. Overall, Clonazapam is a life saver for me (especially at time with PMS moods!) Still searching for a good mood stabilizer bc I still have 'bad' days though but always stay POSITIVE THIS TOO SHALL PASS keep going to your doc and psych! Peace."

MyFightSong (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Very very effective drug. Better than diazepam, better than lorazepam. Long half life. This medication helped me stop drinking completely to mask my anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and sometimes can't go in stores. With clonazepam, when used responsibility, is my wonder drug. Been on 3 mg a day for 25 years. My doctor shuns on weaning me off, as this drug gave me my life back. It has helped me mend my relationships, I can go outside, and I don't feel like anyone's judging me. I take clonazepam with 40 mg propranolol a day and Seroquel at night. Who would have thought that I prescribed myself and my doctor agreed. Who ever made this benzo needs an award. Stay sober, don't do illicit drugs, take meds as instructed and again, don't drink! Thanks!"

Jamesdat123 May 7, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Night Terrors: "does not seem to be as effective as lorazepam for me in reducing night terrors."

Anonymous May 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "So, I used to have pretty debilitating anxiety. When I finally went to my doctor, he diagnosed me with a panic disorder and gave me clonazopam. Like any other drug of this sort, how responsible you are with medicine should determine if you take this or not. He gave to to me and told me to take it once at night when I went to bed, and then as needed if I was having a panic attack. This made me a little bit drowsy in the morning, so I stopped taking it at night and switched to just as needed which he said was fine. I have 1mg tablets, and take 1/2 at a time. I TRULY TAKE THIS AS NEEDED, and have never needed to increase my dose. At sight of a panic attack (maybe 3x a month now, used to be everyday) I take one, and it goes away."

(: (: (: May 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I did not know what was happening to me when I had my first Panic Attack when I graduated from College. There was not even a name for it. My internal medicine Dr. did not know what was going on either. I was sent to a specialist. He saw that I was sweating in his cold office, he asked me if I did this all the time? I said yes. So he wrote me a prescription for Xanax which came out in 81 as an anti-depressant. There was no word on addiction so I took them "as Directed" no more I was a good patient. So after 33 years I decided I wanted to get off this medication. My Quack Dr. told me 4 days. I did a lot more research and found out the truth it takes a lot longer. Ask your Dr. how you get off it."

over 30 years wasted (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This medication was useful for the first few months but I have spent the last six tapering and getting off of it, it is truly poison and was NEVER meant to be taken long term, you will develop a tolerance keep needing more and more to achieve the same affect, it causes memory issues, fertility problems and increased anxiety over time, agoraphobia and depression. Getting off of it almost ruined my life but was the best decision I ever made, please for the love of all do not ever touch this medication, there are other ways"

Songbird127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Have taken these for a few yrs and its given me my life back. Its a much more even keel positive experience than say valium or xanax. It comes on slowly and lasts for a decent amount of time. I can't say anything negative about it. I've gone a few days without it and never experienced anything dramatic. I think and function very well under klonapin, and it gets a 10 in my book."

REBELWITHAKAUZE (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I took this as I was not sleeping well with Parkinson's Disease I fell several times and really hurt myself. My balance was much worse."

HeyJude77 April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Fantastic All I have to say I have bad anxiety since high school. Had social issues in school for as long as I can remember and it affected me severely even into the college years. Should have had it prescribed years earlier, but it has worked incredibly well for me since 2013. I ONLY take AS TRULY NEEDED.....this can be very addictive, so one MUST USE RESPONSIBLY. P.S. Xanax sucked."

Patient111 April 23, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I have taken this medicine for at least 15 years now. I started having panic attacks in my 20s and found out I had mitral valve prolapse, which can cause a person to be more likely to have panic attacks. For years I took 0.5 mg at bedtime, now take 0.75 mg. In addition to 25 mg. Lexapro once in the evening. Haven't had a panic attack in years. This is a great drug, but it is hard for me to get up in the morning sometimes. I'll take that over panic attacks any day, though."

Coolcarl (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Very good in anxiety, panic attack and insomnia!"

DJ Rivo April 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've suffered from severe agoraphobia and anxiety for about two years now. I missed so many opportunities because I was a scared of leaving my comfort-zone and I was experiencing a panic attack. I tried Celexa for a time, but it wasn't helpful and I continued to get worse and worse. Eventually, I felt severe anxiety whenever I left my house and experienced panic attacks on any trip that took longer than 10-15 minutes. Trying clonazepam has COMPLETELY changed my life for that better. Just 1.5 mg and suddenly I can travel 30-40 minutes down town, no anxiety or panic in sight. I've been going out more, confident and happier than I've ever been- I finally remember what it was like to live without agoraphobia. I owe everything to this wonderful drug!!"

Rose C. April 13, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had a severe and chronic case of RLS for 40 years. Twice I've considered taking my life, when ill-informed doctors who did not understand combinations or rotations, or the destructive effects of the disease, refused to prescribe life-saving medication because of their biases and lack of training. One has to balance the risk with the benefits. I can no longer take Requip or Mirapex. That leaves opioids, Gabapentin, Rigotitone and benzodiazepines. No knowledgeable Dr will cold turkey a patient on a benzodiazepine or any other RLS drug for that matter. That creates suffering and, unfortunately, suicide in many cases. Anyone reading this please find a physician who knows how to diagnose and treat RLS. Support groups can help."

arancano (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017