User Reviews for Clonazepam

6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.4 1,410 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Anonymous July 20, 2019

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been suffering with frequent migraines for years, my neurologist tried everything under the sun. My PCP prescribed Klonopin to aid with sleep and migraines all but disappeared!!! She told me last night that I likely have VESTIBULAR migraines. Everyone who posted here, google it!!! There are some great articles on these, I cried this morning reading it. Explains everything, I occasionally see little white sparkly lights (which I complained to eye dr who said not to be concerned ). Explains my need to have silence and lie down and be COMPLETELY still. Klonopin did not completely eradicate the migraines, but helped a lot. Supposedly only 1% have this but it is suspected many more cases exist (like mine, undiagnosed for years!) and the vertigo may not show up for years, but I have had a quiet high pitched “buzz” in my ears for as long as I can remember. OM goodness what a relief to know!!!!!"

Joshua July 19, 2019

For Anxiety: "This orange, minty, candy-like clonazepam pill is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life. And I'm not alone. It's a quick and easy relief during an anxiety/panic attack. Or just general anxiety. But there are severe consequences if taken for a longer period of time and or on a regular basis. BE CAUTIOUS with this medication. It shouldn't be taken regularly and longer than a couple months at MOST. I strongly hold the belief it should only be taken alongside therapeutic treatment. I've been on Clonazepam for 2 years. I'm down to .75 now. But the withdrawals are absolutely the worst thing I could describe a human being could experience. The last 2 years have been a weird personality blur, which I haven't been aware of until recently. Overall for mental health conditions, I'd say seek therapy; not a pill to make you forget about your worries. I would have rather been physically dependent to heroin any day."

Sid · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been using Clonazepam for 5 months, 0.25 mg before bed. It is a really good medicine it helps you sleep better, relaxes your brain. It gives me full 8-9 hours of sleep and I wake up pretty refreshed no side effects that I can feel up to now. I have started to taper off the medicine. I am taking half of 0.25 mg which is pretty low dose and I guess and it still works for me. Just be cautious with this medicine it’s addictive so try to taper it slowly "

Tiredofpanic · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 16, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I’ve been on this for four years and when I try to come off it, the panic attacks are absolutely insane. I’ll probably never be able to go without it but I’m okay with that since it helps"

jan July 15, 2019

For Seizure Prevention: "Hi. I suffered for several years with what doctors called RLS (restless leg syndrome). None of the traditional RLS meds worked for me and my symptoms only worsened. Finally, I ditched my old doctor and went to a new doctor. I explained what was happening to me in detail and she quickly said "that's not RLS, those are myoclonic seizures" related to a right temporal lobe brain tumor I had several years ago". She called a neurologist and he said to try me on clonazepam or valproic acid. I started on Clonazepam and it was like a miracle. I haven't had any more myoclonic seizures since starting on clonazepam 1 mg daily."

Ange · Taken for 10 years or more July 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been a small dose of Clonazepam for 30 years. This drug has saved my life. I lived in the house for years; was hospitalized multiple times. Along, with a SSRI I have been able to leave my house for short periods of time. I feel if used correctly and not abusing such a drug it should not be withdrawn."

Ajb123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "This medication has kept me alive when all I’ve wanted to do is let myself go from the extreme amount of panic attacks I was having a day. I take .5mg in the morning and .5mg in the evening along with my SNRI. I would rate this medication a 10 if I wasn’t so fatigued on it all of the time. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do and for right now it would be unbearable for me to get through a day without it. Thank goodness for this medication."

Kalibre · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was originally prescribed this for serious panic attacks associated with PTSD and found it to be quite effective (0.5-1.0mg doses) Cant say I've ever noticed it having any effect on sleep but for anxiety and panic disorders it works a charm when other medications, like pregabalin, didn't quite cut it."

JJ July 13, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "UPDATE (2019-07-13): I am 3 weeks in to my tapering plan (reducing 1/4 mg every 7-10 days) and on track. I'm down from 2mg to 1.25mg and it's been manageable but not comfortable. It's taking a full week to accept the lower amount without symptoms of headache, tight jaw, diarrhea, & general discomfort. I have continued to work & live normally. Original post: My doctor informed me that this drug, which I have been taking for years for general anxiety, is now on a list of "reported drugs" every time it gets refilled. She suggested I wean off of it and use Lexipro instead which is not physically addicting. I knew I was addicted to Clonazepam because even a 1 day delay in refilling cased major withdrawal systems such as my hands shaking and headache. I was taking 2mg a day and I am tapering (1/4 of a 1mg tablet) each week. If all goes well I should be to 1mg in 4 weeks. Then I will re-evaluate how to get off the 1mg. So far just tapering from 2 tablets to 1 3/4. Will update."

BRITISHINSOMNIAC · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have PTSD, Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety. My Psychiatrist put me on this medication clonazepam along with an antidepressant. Since I have started using it I have been able to go out and socialise along with a large reduction in flashbacks. It is a great medication for when things get out of hand, I am only on a low dose (0.5mg twice a day) but it is a lot stronger and more helpful than other benzos I have trialled."

Noneya · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been on 1 mcg of Clonazepam at night time to treat nocturnal panic attacks. It works like a charm. I sleep and I never have an attack when I take it. =)"

Summer · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have anxiety and it had been affecting my sleep for years. I was chronically tired and at times would resort to taking drugs I didn't need like tylenol PM and benadryl which left me feeling groggy the following day. I tried melatonin and suffered nausea, nightmares and body aches. Now I take a single .5 mg of clonazepam before bed and sleep through the night. I have no side effects the following day. Sleep is so important for recovery of the mind and body. My anxiety during the day is less and I'm able to focus. I highly recommend this over trying to self medicate with otc sleep aids."

Seaweed savage · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Panic Disorder: "I've been taking clonazepam .25 mg with an SSRI more meant for depression. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder, depression and social anxiety disorder. I have been on the clonazepam with citalopram (20 mg) and that was great for the anxiety, but awful for depression. I switched to Wellbutrin due to the side affect of lowered libido, suicidal thoughts and self harm. I've been on the clonazepam for almost 4 months and I've noticed with the wellbutrin it has caused insomnia, irritability, lowered libido, increased derealization/ depersonalization, lack of motivation, and also I have started to build a tolerance to it so the anxiety is starting to become a menace once again. Clonazepam is great for the short term, especially if you're trying to get off xanax or ativan, but on the long term I would not suggest it."

Mooseman · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2019

For Insomnia: "Have taken small dose - .5mg - at night to make sleep possible. No side effects. Have PTSD problems. Normal sleep with clonazepam. Have taken for 6 years most nights and a couple times a month for anxiety."

Trixie · Taken for 10 years or more July 2, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "As great as clonazepam works. And I have used it for 20 years. I just found out from my Dr that it causes early onset dementia. Very scary"

Tonka June 28, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have lived with severe panic disorder since I was 17 years old and I am now 49. I could not drive could not wait in line in a store I could not go to family functions. I was always going to hospital. Klonopin saved my life I travel I enjoy my family I drive I take 1 mg a day I still have panic attack’s but I deal with it this medication gave me my life back"

Daisyjane · Taken for 10 years or more June 27, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "These work so well for severe health anxiety."

Anonymous June 25, 2019

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have suffered with BMS (burning mouth syndrome) for over forty (40) years, without a cure, perhaps induced by toothpastes, meant to treat tooth sensitivity. Most practitioners I visited had no idea of what it was nor how to treat it, but, please, bear with me. There, this past December (2018), my dermatologist prescribed Clonazepam tablets, dissolved in the mouth for three minutes, then spit, three times daily, as already mentioned on another thread. ADDITIONALLY, 1-2drops of Tabasco Sauce (YES! Tabasco Sauce - CAPSAICIN) in four table spoons. Swish and spit. “Increase the number of drops of Tabasco in the same amount of water slowly as tolerated (one drop at a time).” I now use 12 drops in a cup of water, kept in a flask, just like the neighborhood alky. By now, 6-24-2019, the improvement is hard to believe. Almost miraculous, folks. And soooooo grateful to my dermatologist at the Mayo Clinic. Cheers! Enjoy life, do good deeds, share your blessings and read all you can, especially classical literature. Hopefully this will help cure your burning mouth syndrome. "

Memory · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2019

For Anxiety: "Have taken Clonazapam for several years.. Prescribed for cervical dystonia. Positive: helped control head tremor Negative: memory impairment. I would rather have the tremor! I was not informed that there would be changes in memory and mood. Read the pharmaceutical information before taking prescriptions!! Talk to the pharmacist!! I did. Too late !"

Gudie · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2019

For Insomnia: "For me I can not go too long without sleep everything goes bad or gets worse. I can't take benzos all the time. I build tolerances, and the side effects are awful. So I try for a balance and use them only 2-3 days a week when I become hypomanic/manic. I find also rest better on the off nights. I know I can always sleep the next day so any anxiety about the fear of not sleeping is eliminated. These also are amazing for akathsia"

Biff June 22, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I took clonazepam to help me sleep with my epilepsy. The first night was awesome; I slept until 10:00 am. I never go into deep sleep by the way. A few weeks ago my neurologist told me I had to quit because of all the regulations concerning this drug. I would have to see her every three months and possibly see a psychologist. That being said, I was told to quit taking it. So far my sleep is crummy as always and I'm sure it will get worse. So far, I've noticed some tingling sensations that I didn't have before. I'm a runner so I stay in shape fairly well. Coinciding with that I've noticed that my heart seems like it's faster at times. All I can say is it worked for me but it sounds like a lot of people have had problems. I could have quit stone cold but I knew the dangers of it. My doctor had told me specifically not to. Based on the ramifications of seeing a psychologist alone, I would stay away from it."

icam108 · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Insomnia: "I find clonazepam an excellent drug to give me a good night's sleep. But its effectiveness does quickly wear off. "

Keepingitreal · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 18, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "I have been on this medication for like 8 years and it works great for me. When I start to have panic attacks or my nervous system is on overload I take 1 to 2 mgs and it instantly calms my nerves. I did have an episode where my refill was due and the pharmacy kept faxing my old doctor so due to me changing doctors I went about 6 days without it and ended up having a seizure for the first time in my life. I bit my tongue up and it really scared me. I can take up to 2 a day but I on somedays can go without. So I do when I can. I take them as prescribed. Anytime you you feel like you need more..you beat it by decreasing your in take. I refuse to have another seizure! My neurologist recommends I stay on the medication BUT I take as needed. You can fight through addiction if you are mindful about the way your body feels and just accept that some days you will not feel very good but by taking the recommended dosage is way better then nothing at all."

Erin · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 16, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "No, just no. Never take this. This should be illegal. I am stuck on 0.5mg wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Memory loss, anxiety, paranoia, palps, full intense body pain, losing your mind, run away."

sam · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2019

For Seizure Prevention: "Klonopin will destroy your lives if you take it too long. You will increase the dosage and dependence comes on rapidly. This is one heck of a serious drug that will ruin your lives, jobs and family. I have been on it for 22 years and getting off of it is horrific. Started at .5 and am at 3. I am scared to death..... just google "America’s Most Dangerous Pill? Klonopin.""