User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clonazepam.

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.1 1,233 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "Anxiety was waking me regularly at night - I would come awake continuing my worried thoughts from the day. The drug shuts that off and I sleep through - I only take a small dose before bed."

b1255Mutant February 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Klonopin for 20 years. I had a complete nervous breakdown in 1997. This medication is the best ever for myself. I take 4mg a day for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and actually function great, I can work full-time and concentrate without my mind racing. I have NO problem being on this the rest of my life. I at least have a life now."

Kitz62 February 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been on and off this medication about 3 times. It has been a lifesaver with helping me with my sleep anxiety which was so bad at times I would go 4+ days with zero sleep. It became pure torture and was affecting every aspect of my life. If possible I would recommend getting a referral to a Psychiatrist before getting on this medication. They have a better understanding of Psychological disorders and will be better able to help you and less likely to shy away from medications that could be life changing for you. As for getting off the medication, I've done it 3 times now with a very slow tapper (took 1-2 months) and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Currently weening without a slow tapper and I am paying for it. I was taking 1mg and tapered to .5mg for a week then stopped. I am having headaches, feel shaky and exhausted, heightened anxiety on day 1.. Hoping this will pass within another week if not may go back on .25mg for a couple weeks then half of that..."

peonie918 February 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Panic attacks, schizo-affective, suicidal on a good day. My Dr is scared to prescribe my old dose of 3mg/day and cut me down to half of that. It is really hard. I can't believe what my Dr and the government are doing to me."

Tony Balony February 8, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I was taken off. Not intended for long term use. Panic disorder is back."

Me0823 (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "To best help combat my Anxiety, my psychiatrist & I had both been in agreement that prescription benzodiazepines were my best option currently, so I primarily get prescribed (Klonopin 2mg Tabs, Qty- 90, three times daily or as needed) once a month for the last 7+ years, while taking a ‘break or switch to a similar medication’ such as Xanax or Ativan."

TobiasHardness89 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5mg of Klonopin as needed for anxiety. I try not to take it all the time because I know it can be addictive. For me it does lessen my anxiety but it’s very minimal. Although, it has worked better for me than Atvian, Hydroxyzine, Zoloft, etc. I think if it’s paired with something else then I would find it more beneficial."

Zyna6 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam is very safe and effective for anxiety, derealization, and even (in my case) depression. It is easy to come off of, should you wish, by tapering slowly (finishing with a liquid taper). I have tried life for 30 years without clonazepam and for about 3 years with clonazepam. There is no comparison. Clonazepam seems to provide what my brain is unable to produce in adequate quantities. Please don't be afraid of this medicine. It does not make a person high, it is safe , and can significantly improve the quality of life for many people."

Brettster January 22, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "This medication is helping me through several PTSD moment, it also helps me at night time to sleep, it keeps me calm, and keeps me from having seizures. It's a great. Some people put down benzos just for the fact that they're benzos - they don't realize the amount of how much it helps some people"

Dblink January 21, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking 0.5 mgs ending up at 3 mgs daily for panic disorder. I used klonopin & SSRI over the years. They worked for a time but then stopped, only klonopin helped panic. Eventually I felt rebound symptoms of panic and paranoia the longer I was on it, along with memory problems. Still recovering my life after a month off of it and memories come back daily. Followed all directions; never abused it. Thought klonopin was the best for 18 yrs. Now have to start my life again. Daily use is a risk over a long period of time. If a doctor tries this be your best advocate and question!"

jennablurr75 (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Was on a drug that was like Benadryl. Didn't think it worked until I ran out and could tell it had worked. It made me very tired 24/7. This was prescribed at a hospital. My anxiety was so high I wanted to jump off a bridge. Finally got into a psychiatrist, which is hard to get into and due to lack of sleep she gave me 1mg at night and half in the morning. I do feel like it works but still wish it was better, maybe spread out because it wears off. Not sure."

Kit1234567 January 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "I'd been to four Dr's before the problem of Anxiety was properly diagnosis was made and I was put on 1mg 2x a day Klonopin and it changed my whole life for the better. I had no idea I had anxiety problems. I was getting sick every evening , getting hot flashes and shakes? I went to the ER and Cardiologist and family dr. I was having hard painful heart palpitations 20/30 times a day. Now I have 0/ to 1 a day!!! I feel like doing things again! The only drawback I see is constipation and some short term memory loss. A welcome trade off for how much better I feel!!"

doody123 January 17, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had symptoms of restless legs since I was a child but only occasionally. When I was about 40 years old the restless leg symptoms came full force. Tried many other drugs through my sleep doctor that made me sick (nauseated and throwing up) every day. It was miserable but it was the only way I got relief. I asked a family doctor if there wasn’t something else. She put me on .25mg of Clonazepam years ago. What a life saver! I am able to sit in a movie theater with my family and enjoy a movie without having to throw up! No more restless legs at night. And so far I have never had to increase the dose."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "Klonopin has been a life saver for me. I suffered horrible anxiety for years before being treated and have been using the drug for 10 years. I'm 42 now. I use it as needed so sometimes I can go weeks without taking any, sometimes take a couple a day for a week. I've never felt any withdrawal or cravings. My only very small complaint is that I feel not quite as sharp mentally. I am a chemist so I need my "A game" while at work. Other than that this drug has changed my life for the better."

Hada1010 January 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been on either Klonopin or xanax for around 20 years. When I try to stop them it's terrifying. I've gone as long as 2 months without and the withdrawal is even worse after 6 months then is is during the first 2 weeks. I can't take off work for a year to get off of these. I can't call off of work and say, of sorry I'm hooked on my anxiety medication and I can't come in. I got myself down to 0.5 twice a day and that keeps my functioning. But I can't function without them. I don't know if my anxiety is really that bad or it's the withdrawal. It's really messed up and I have to chuckle when I see it says Klonipin is used for benzo withdrawal. That's like saying Herion is good for oxycontin withdrawal..."

Patrick63072 (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Drug works well for OCD and other anxiety problems. In fact its the only pharma drug that helped me for OCD and anxiety (sometimes). Common problems for people include: a)needing to increase the dosage (after a while the low dosage may stop working). b)withdrawal may cause problems for some c)cognitive impairment long term usage. I take it only several time a week (not daily)."

yearsofocd (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 7, 2018

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "Starts out great but over time this drug will turn on you. Requires more and more to reach same effects. You will reach tolerance and you either up dose or get off this poison. And getting off is very difficult takes a long time to taper with horrible side affects. No dr warned me about this drug when it comes to long term use. I was on it for 3 years and never abused it just look up benzo withdraw. This drug has ruined 1000s of lives."

Josephga01_1966 January 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "Stay far away from this drug or any benzodiazepine, unless you are a hospice patient. This drug ruined my life. I wasn't taking as much as they prescribed, but I didn't know how dependent I was until I stopped taking it. The withdrawals were something out of a horror movie, and they last for a long time. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

AntiBenzo (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "Took Klonopin for like 6 years started on 0.5mg and went up to 2mg, but I usually broke them in half and took 1mg. They are better to take during the day cuz it doesn't make you sleepy, then I'll take maybe 2 mg before bed. It doesn't knock you out it just helps you sleep through the night and helps you go to sleep some cuz your mind's not racing. Well they stopped working after the 6 years so now I'm on Xanax 0.5 need to go up to 1 mg. They work much better as far as anxiety I guess it helps some but basically I need to rest well at night when I switch to Xanax didn't have any withdrawals from Klonopin actually I stopped the Klonopin (cuz I lost my insurance) for probably two years before I started the Xanax and didn't have any withdrawals "

Wormy12 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Although, it hasn't cured my panic attacks, or anxiety, Clonazapam has been a miracle drug for me. Making my life at least livable."

LuckyLar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

For Anxiety: "My Klonipin is the oral disintegrating type. It dissolves quickly, under my tongue, and begins to work immediately. The instant action of the dissolving tablets is far greater, for me, than tablets that take time to work. A panic attack needs immediate action. Quite often I’m driving the car when panic occurs. The instant relief has saved me from car accidents, I’m sure. Just FYI..."

PattyShay (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "It works on panic at fairly low doses. I’ve tried most of the benzodiazepines and found clonazepam works best for me. Xanax and Ativan work faster, Valium and Tranxene work longer, but in terms of warding off panic with minimal problems, while maintaining a minimal dose Klonopin has been my favorite."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been taking clonozepam for roughly 3 years. I have suffered from extreme anxiety since late teens. I did not seek help until I was 39. Prozac worked great for me but after 14 years lost effectiveness. Have tried many drugs but discovered clonozepam. Works great for me. I have learned to space them out due to reduced effectiveness. Great at reducing anxiety. !!"

Loopy2154 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Okay after reading some of the reviews it is clear not everyone here knows that there are 2 forms of clonazepam... There is a fast acting melt that takes 1-2 minutes to kick in but has high risk of addiction... There is the pill form that takes 1-2 hours to work and lasts 6-12 hours... I was started on .25 melts and at first I only needed 1-3 per month... As time went on I needed more and more... At this point I was switched to .5 in the pill form... I won't lie and say that there aren't days I could still use the melt form but overall my anxiety level has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped on the .5 daily so I'm grateful to have it as an option for the last 3 years."

MomOf42011 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

For Insomnia: "Helps me sleep much better. I have trigeminal nerve pain and resulting anxiety as well. Best all around drug for this multiplicity."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2017