User Reviews for Clonazepam

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,306 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started on klonopin 5 years ago when I was experiencing uncontrollable panic attacks that nearly cost me my job. Prior to that I was taking xanax. Xanax works great short term (but is clearly addictive and many people are prone to abuse it). I explained my concerns to my doctor and was prescribed 1 mg of klonopin three times a day which worked wonders but decided to taper down over the past six months. I was able to get down to 1 mg once a day with any problems but it's really tough to get lower than that without experiencing significant withdraw. People are correct in stating that it is very difficult to get off of completely but like all meds, you have to weigh the pros and cons. I haven't noticed any side effects thus far nor have I felt the need to increase my initial prescribed dose (actual decreased). If panic and anxiety are ruining your life, the downsides of klonopin are vastly out weighted by the benefits it provides. Life is too short to live with unnecessary anxiety."

Morty October 9, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Usually take this for Anxiety disorder but very effective against migraine"

Kike (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I took this pill years ago and weaned myself off it slow and steady it took me a couple of months there was no problem. I've been anxiety free for years. Now I find myself having anxiety and panic attacks again and I am back on Klonopin and couldn't be happier."

srichey (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2018

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I used to have a heroin problem, for years and years. I was prescribed 2mg clonzepam 4x a day (That is 8mg guys) My husband at the time would steal them, and my gabapentin I take for seizures. Him and I split and I knew I was going to have to go to jail for my past. I had a doctor taper me down, and was taken to the hospital 3x while in jail for my seizures. I don't know if they were just my regular epilepsy, stress induced or from the benzo reduction. In jail they detoxes me over 10 days with ativan... took weeks to feel "normal" anyways. Horrible experience, but I am clean and sober now. I take Keppra, Lamatical and gabapentin for seizures. Gabapentin is also supposed to help w my anixety. Celexa seems useless, but I take it... and I reintroduced Clonzapam orally dissolving wafers ..1mg up to 2x a day. Noticing a tolerance. Sometimes the 1mg does nothing. I want to avoid the benzo HELL... but I also don't want to live my life afraid to leave the house and having panic attacks."

Seizures and Anixeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "I get really bad anxiety to a point where my chest get so tight and I can hardly breath and start getting paranoid. Clonazepam has worked so great !!"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed this for panic attacks and anxiety. No matter the dose I took, it didn't help my anxiety but instead would make me incredibly tired. It took like 2 hours to kick in for me, and the first time I took it I nearly fell asleep while driving. I didn't like this medication because it didn't help me at all, but I did occasionally use it to help me sleep."

bubbly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug is responsible for ruining many lives. It should be a highly illegal substance considering how it permanent damages your brain. You will think it is sent from heaven initially, only to be plunged into an unimaginable depths once you reach tolerance and have to wean off this poison. I've had protracted withdrawal symptoms for nearly 4 years after stopping this drug. I would give anything and everything to just have my original anxiety back. People have died from this drug and many more have their lives ruined beyond repair. Check on the internet benzo injuries to see for yourself. The biggest mistake of my life was trusting my doctor that this pill was safe."

Pharma unjured (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was prescribed this drug for several years not once was I told how addictive or the dangers of stopped it abruptly. I stopped cold turkey at 3 mg (prescribed for me). I should died of a stroke or heart attack. Six weeks of horrific withdrawal (sweats, seeing and hearing things, body jumping smallest sound and much worse) It's not just getting the drug out of your system it's your body's craving the drug. Finally had to go back and see the doctor. Told the way I went off it could take six months for withdrawals to stop. I went back on it at 0.5 mg and slowly tapered off. Now I refuse to take benzos or to take a medication with out researching the side effects."

Dee (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "For 10 yrs I took 0.5mg chewed up for sleep. If I took more the effect would be reversed and wake me more. I quit once years ago as noticed I became forgetful 15 years ago. Then gradually started 1/4 of one mg night time only. Moved up to 0.5mg only. At 75 years of age I noticed seeing double and memory failing me often of names etc. I feared Alzheimer's so for 3 nights 1-2 hours sleep but noticed my sight was better and old 250 strength glasses worked again, with the double vision at evening left. Names immediately sharpened. Tried melatonin 5 mg. No help. I fear danger of no sleep yet treasure my eyesight and memory. All brains work different. Been light sleeper most of my life. Now I wonder will I ever be able to sleep without clonapin. I cut out sweets at pm and am so stressed with NO SLEEP 3 nights. Love seeing others comments. Thanks."

June Bug (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5 mg of klonopin twice daily for about 2 months now for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I am just wondering if I am addicted??"

neversummer1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "After suffering with POTS (Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome ) and then all sorts of neuropathies (Burning Mouth Syndrome being the most troublesome), I can actually say that for the first time in 4.5 years, I feel semi-human again! I was taking 1/2 a Xanax 0.5 mg up to 5x a day with some effect but it was 'snowing' me terribly. I still had to rinse my mouth with oral Lidocaine just to be able to speak! After the very first dose of the liquid Clonazepam, I immediately noticed a marked improvement in my symptoms! It took my pain down from a constant 7-9 to a 2-3. I can live with that! I am so, so thrilled to have a doctor who actually listened and cared enough to not write me off!"

ROAMER (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was recently switched from Ativan to Klonopin as I had developed a tolerance to my moderate dosage of Ativan. 3 days of insomnia, SEVERE panic attacks and disassociation. I literally haven’t slept in 3 days and was having disturbing thoughts at 4am this morning. Was on the phone to mental health services for 2 hours this morning and they said I needed to get off it NOW. Had to beg doctor to switch me back to a higher dose of Ativan. Immediately felt better."

dulciejune (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was prescribe clonazepam 0.5 mg morning and night for 30 days for anxiety and panic attack after I was biten by a dog. For about 20 days the medicine worked great. After that I started getting headaches and a floating feeling every time I tried to sleep and the anxiety kicked in again making the medicine ineffective. I am now tapering off the medicine by taking just half in the morning from the past 4 days. This has resulted in disturbed sleep. I do sleep but I wake up feeling I have not slept. The anxiety is still there. This was the first time I opted for any medication to help deal with my anxiety. And I feel it was the biggest mistake of my life. With my experience meditation, healthy diet and exercise are better options for the anxiety I had. Good luck you guys. "

Delta (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I began taking Klonopin about a year and a half ago 1 mg twice a day for OCD and the crippling anxiety that tends to come with the disorder. Clonazepam has changed my life for the better yet it does have some potential for abuse, and I have found myself taking more than prescribed during times of high stress but have since stopped that bad habit and started taking a dose every other day as needed. It is extremely helpful for a plethora of anxiety related issues and is the least addictive and safest benzodiazepine that I have taken. (I've been prescribed nearly every benzo you can name). I would say you could potentially stay on Klonopin for a few years before you would have to taper down unlike xanax and ativan with their short half-lives and extreme abuse potential. The only side effect I've encountered was some short term memory issues that have since been resolved. Please keep in mind that Klonopin is still a benzodiazepine only take as needed!"

Anxious Nerd (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "I've been on 2mg 3 times daily for the last 10 years for seizures and haven't had any problems with the drug. I've let myself run out in the past a few times and the withdrawal is mild compared to powerful narcotic analgesics such as Oxycontin or methadone."

Ron (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I'm a 20 yr old female who has randomly developed extreme anxiety. So bad to the point I wanted to take my own life. Nothing triggers me it just happens out of no where. I went to the doctor and he prescribed 50mg zoloft and 0.5mg of klonopin. Zoloft has not helped me at all and my heart rate at rest is now usually 130. Horrible medicine and am looking to get it switched. However, I finally got the courage to take a klonopin because I was terrified of how it would make me feel. After suffering for 3 months I took one. For the first time I feel like I can breath, my mind isn't racing, and I can focus. Did not make me feel high at all, just made me feel normal again. I'm mad at myself that I didn't try it sooner out of fear. Finally finding relieve..brings me to tears, happy tears. Will be going to doctor this week and requesting to get switched from zoloft. In the mean time I am thnakful for klonopin giving me peace."

Veronica93 August 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "The first time I took Clonazepam was in 2006 & it was for an appointment. I had eaten before I took it & it didn't work. Because of this I didn't want to take again (I didn't realize that eating may prevent it from working). In 2015 I was prescribed it again at the ER (because of anxiety). I decided to fill the prescription & I took 0.5 mg. Since I had not eaten for several hours it worked (after 2 hours) & I didn't feel anxious. I like it more than Ativan, since it has been more effective in reducing my anxiety for various medical appointments & even social situations - I once lost my keys & had to have a security guard help me find them; this security guard is rude & if I had not taken the pills I would have left the mall & just paid to have them all replaced instead of asking for this security guard's help. The only thing I don't like about Clonazepam is it causes me to gain weight and worsens my acne, even though I don't eat or drink anything different when I take it."

Sailor_Jupiter (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I wish this drug didn't cause tiredness and memory problems. The drug is amazing and in my case non-tolerance building. I take 1.5mg (85kg male). It works but it's really hurt my memory and I'm often lethargic and lazy. That said I was previously un-employable due to horrible GAD+SAD. I hope better drugs come out but for now this is it. 8+ years. No tolerance. Max was 4mg, now on 1.5mg. Can lead to minor depressive feelings. I also take with Lamotrigine (Mood booster + mild help for anxiety). P.s. Why it only come in .5mg and 2mg. That's annoying."

Ash1050 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin is very effective with my anxiety disorder. However, stay away from it. You will be addicted before you know and will seek more and more. If you don't have it, you feel like you are in hell. Withdrawal symptoms are horrible and you lose control of everything. You will get rebound anxiety which is worse than your original anxiety. This is so bad that you cannot function without it. Therefore, you have to continue using it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms because they are so awful. Please, if you doctor prescribed this drug, refuse it and take a nonbenzo drug. You will rue the day you ever started using it. I am out of medicine now and am just terrible shape that I cannot sleep. Yes, it is very effective at treating your disorder but it has got to be the worst drug to come off of. I was in rehab and even the heroin abusers didn't have as bad withdrawal than I did. Yes, run away from this drug. It will help you but eventually destroy you."

Mouse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I’ve been on Ritalin, adderall, the big 4 anxiety meds, Xanax, buspar, hydroxizine, and the only thing that has helped my panic which lasts all day and ruins my quality of life has been the klonopin. I have health anxiety for some reason. I partied a lot in my early 20s now every ache and pain is cancer or whatever my brain decides to come up with leaving me shaking in the bed. Yes the w/d will suck but for now I can at least live my life."

Oranges (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medicine changed my life, seriously. I have anxiety/panic attacks and I take 0.25mg when I’m feeling anxious and cannot function, and I’ve been on this dose for 2 years. It works within 30 min and lasts the rest of the day so I can do whatever I need to do. I don’t take it every day, sometimes I’ll take it for a week straight if I have something stressful going on and then I’ll go weeks without taking it at all. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms so I think it’s a great medicine if you have anxiety. I’m not sure I wouldn’t recommend taking this daily because I could definitely see it becoming less effective!"

Mary (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

For Night Terrors: "I have suffered from night terrors for years. As one reviewer wrote above, mine was related to being the surviving member of a family who all passed under my care, due to old age. A lifetime of caregiving and no matter what you do, they will eventually pass. That was my fear while they were alive and became my night terrors after they were gone. I told my doctor and he suggested Klonopin. I am on my fourth day now but I don't think I can handle the side-effects. I'm late to work everyday & I feel like my brain is floating in applesauce until at 12pm. I don't know what to do because I don't want the night terrors to return, but I need to be able to function during the day. To sum up this review; it absolutely works. If you're one of the few who experience the side-effects, it still may be worth it to you. I still haven't decided what I am going to do. However, I would still highly recommend it to someone to at least try if they suffered they way that I suffer."

Lou August 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking this medication for like 4 years now or close 0.5 mg once a day. I took it in the past and stopped when I got pregnant no withdrawals. I tried to taper off recently and I had bad racing thoughts with anxiety and panic attacks so I got back on them. I’m going to let my psychiatrist tell me when to wean off and do what’s best for me to wean off one day, until then I’m taking them as needed if or when I do have a panic or anxiety attack."

Maria (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking Clonazepam a few days ago and all I can say is it’s a life saver!! Panic attacks and anxiety are controlled and feeling happier each and every day. I was reluctant to try any type of Benzo, but I can say that it has been a miracle! I’ve tried all the SSRIs they work to boost my mood but only make anxiety worse, so if your main issue is your anxiety ask your doctor for klonopin. I can now live a normal life."

Emmy (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Seizure Prevention: "I have been on Klonopin 0.5 mg for 30 years of my life to control my grand mal seizures, epileptic seizures. I had had them consistently before Klonopin and were a very scary part of my life. I've had them since I was four. I felt like I was falling into a deep hole that never ended, and sometimes I would look like a fish out of water. Other meds I was on had me drowsy and sleeping all the time. ... I didn't like that. I still may have some anxiety when I'm under pressure with work, but I get through it. I have a very serious question though. I have been on this medication for 30 years, per doctor's order, and it works fine. My boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, told me the other day that I am addicted to this medication. How is that possible? This meds saves me from having epileptic seizures! Is he right? Is being on this pill make me an addict or is he being ignorant and reading the Internet too much?"

Taco (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes