User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 3 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1163 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Panic Disorder: "This medicine saved my life. I lost all my family between 18-21 years old other than one brother. I'm about to be 34 and needless to say, it has saved me from waking up daily, soaked in sweat, panicking and depression. Those doctors that won't prescribe it and my opioids to me and now I am going through cold turkey right. They don't realize how bad this impacts a person's life. I'm probably gonna lose my job because of opioid withdrawal for two weeks. Ten years use of oxycodone prn 4 a day ten mg from a drunk driver hitting me. I'm lucky to have my foot. Fifteen pieces of hardware later, I'm still here. Clonazepam and all drugs need to be legalized. These new laws the government makes up. "We The People" are supposed to be in control this has really mucked up my life and other's lives. "

IrishMike84 (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam has been a wonderful medication for generalized anxiety, OCD, and PTSD in my case. It helps "round me out" and keeps me feeling stable emotionally. The best part about this medication is that it lasts way longer than other benzodiazepines without the "I need a Xanax now!" feeling when it wears off. It helps prevent anxiety in the first place so as not to need an immediate relief medication. It doesn't make me feel sluggish or depressed. Best anxiety drug I've taken yet!"

thecoochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I also have been on and off Klonopin and Xanax. I love the way xanax kicks in quick. And you can actually feel your trouble melt away and your anxiety. When it comes to what I now prefer is the klonopin, it last longer it has a long half life and it not as additive as the xanax. I became very tolerant to xanax and it became a problem because I had to take more because it wears off so fast. Klonopin doesn't do that so it really helps people that suffer with panic anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My anxiety began with my colon becoming so tightened up and spastic that I was bent over worse than kidney stones which I've had bad also. After 1 week in a Hospital with every GI test, found that my emotions hit dead square in my stomach. Well, doctor gave me 1mg of klonopin, and it would within 30 minutes give full relief and no horrible pains!!! Also at the same time spent another week with a full nervous breakdown and have Generalized Anxiety Disorder very full blown. I take about 3 or 4mg at most a day since 2010, and can work fully and function wonderfully without all the crazy OCD, panic, freaking out. It stays in my system most the day so don't have to pop another over and over like I did xanax... This is a lifesaver!!!"

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Had to stop, as it is not FDA approved for neuropathy and practitioners will not prescribe in current anti-controlled substance climate."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: ""I serverd in the United States military and was diagnosed with a horrible panic disorder. I left 70% disability due to severe Anxiety and a crippling panic disorder with Agoraphobia . I have been on everything there is including all the REAL serious meds in my 4 psychiatric visits at the VA. Nothing worked absolutely nothing besides benzodiazepines. Klonopin in my opinion works the best out of the benzo family. Has a very long half life and will come on slower but last way longer than others like xanax or Ativan witch hit you FAST but leave fast leaving you with wanting another dose quicker witch in my opinion sucks. In conclusion Klonopin saved my life I have been on it 5 years at .5mg 3 times a day""

Collin11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Was prescribed klonopin after SSRI and antipsychotic didn't help my severe anxiety condition klonopin is the answer for me. Can't believe how it helps me in life. Also helps with my insomnia to sleep. Thankful for klonopin!."

Aman1793 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am a survivior of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI'S). I was misdiagnosis bi-polar. I was re-evaluated 10-12 years ago because of a 'fatty liver' condition due to the Seroquel a psychoactive drug. This misdiagnosis was reaffirmed when, I became part of a DNA study. Each individual would need to participate at their own discretion. The point to my comment is for me...clonazepam has been since 2008 now it is 2017 a workable solution with no side effects or health risks or addiction issues. 2017, I have been arbitrarily taken off of clonazepam by a 'physicians assistant' in the mental health field. "We are not treating for depression." This is not logical."

CHAPAWEE10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "A few things to know: this medication will change your life. Even taking it once will make you realize that those sad, dark, anxious thoughts in your head is ONLY anxiety. I promise you are going to be okay. There are many people on here searching for meds who suffer from this debilitating anxiety that a lot of others (without anxiety) cannot understand. Klonopin gives you that extra push you need to come to this realization and gets you through dark moments. Another thing: it is not as addictive as Xanax, which is extremely important when deciding which benzo is best for you. Best of luck."

youarenotaloneipromise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sleep Paralysis: "I've had sleep paralysis on and off for years but never asked my doctor if there was any medication that treated it, didn't even mention it happened to me every once in a while cuz it wasn't every night. However, I got prescribed clonazepam for my anxiety/panic disorder. One night I kept experiencing the tremors and sleep paralysis while trying to fall asleep and I researched how to stop it from happening and came across clonazepam. I then took my medication and boom! Was able to fall asleep shortly after with no disturbances. I just had another episode last night and had not taken my clonazepam for a few days since I don't need it everyday, and once I took it, it went away and I slept like a baby. 100% recommend this medication, it works."

nghtmres (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Awful drug for me way too sedating could not function at all"

Lexilove216 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been diagnosed with bipolar and severe anxiety. I saw a new psychiatrist two years who prescribed Klonopin. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking 3mg daily. But I also take Seroquel for troubles sleeping. Together, the psychiatrist and I decided to decrease the Klonopin to 2 mg. Well the anxiety is back after 2 years. And I'm real upset. Going to see my PCP on Tuesday and calling my psych doc as well."

Debbie conti55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "MY RLS came on post op of a Total hip replacement .It was wicked . I would get up at 2 AM and go for a walk. I got stopped by the police.They would walk around the block with me until the symptoms went away. Went to my sleep neurologist and she knew immediately what it was. RLS post op is triggered by low feratin levels and/or withdrawal from opiates (pain meds) you need to have your Iron levels checked . I have found a walk late afternoon ,ie mowing the lawn helps . There is stimulation pad made called Relaxis which does work . However it drives my wife nuts."

sleeping sam (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Been manic psyhotic and on since life since 2009. Doc gave me 0.5 3x as needed. I think I will need only one a day. I take one after breakfast. It's been a while since I've felt this normal."

Krisiwnl (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Has a longer half life than xanax, harder to get addicted, and is a nice smooth way out of feeling anxious."

Nick162092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Although this drug can help with panic attacks/anxiety, it is extremely dangerous and is for SHORT TIME USE ONLY. I have recently stopped taking it ( I took it 5 yrs) and have gone through the worst withdrawal, both mentally and physically. Using it long term can lead to dependence and even addiction. It also prevents you from truly living your life because you just go through the motions in a daze and do not learn valuable anxiety/depression coping skills. The moment you are without it, your world comes crashing down. I had severe physical pain (vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sleeplessness, headache) and suicidal thoughts. Use it ONLY when necessary and for a short time. Please be careful and learn about your medications before you start them."

SES1216 August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Just received the accord c2 2 mg white clons instead of my usual teva brand. These accord ones are great! Worst generic ones I've had was M stamped mylan"

buckethead129 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Hi everyone. I'm 22 years old and I've been on Clonazepam 1mg, twice daily, for 3 years. I see so many negative comments about this drug, so I will tell you my story. Clonazepam is the reason I have a chance to live my life today. Panic attacks ruined my life for years, and eventually in the last 2 years of (2012-2014) I became housebound as they were so severe. I had to drop out of high school as a junior. Clonazepam gave me my life back. I am so thankful for this drug, it was miraculous. It is okay to be be on it daily, just be aware of dependency. EVERY psychiatric drug causes dependency. Clonazepam, and benzos in general are demonized. These are life saving drugs for anyone who has to live w/ panic. If you need to take this daily, do it"

Panic Free (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug is saving my life right now. Its a shame the people who abuse it ruin it for those of us who get relief from debilitating issues from it, because many doctors just don't want to prescribe it now. I say what's the point of having a drug if you can't use it to help people who need it."

Shatswan August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I suffer with BPD (Borderline Personality) Major Depression, and Generalized Anxiety. I've taken Clonazepam as needed for a few years now. It's not something you should take DAILY like an antidepressant. That's where you get into abusing it. Taking it as needed, which for me is maybe once per week if that, helps. I get mentally and emotionally wound up and Clonazepam helps tremendously with just stopping it. Imagine crying your eyes out for hours and there's nothing that can make it stop, then you take a Clonazepam. Within a few minutes the extreme emotions just fall away and you can just breath and relax. In short, if it's taken right, it's a lifesaver. If you have an addictive personality I wouldn't tempt it."

YinzerGirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on klonopin for 17 years. I started with .50mg in the am with an SSRI. Over the years all the SSRI would work for a bit then I would have to change. The last year I lost my husband suddenly at 38 and have changed 4 of them and finally said no more.. I am currently on 10mg of lexapro and 1.50mg of klonopin. The withdrawal of lexapro and before that Effexor have been hell and back. If not for klonopin I wouldn't make it through the day. Addictive or not it works."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "Only thing that stops my very complex seizures- tried almost everything and it never helped + terrible side effects *UNTIL* I was prescribed this since I was a teen. Easiest on my system and no side effects."

PinkyandPie August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "has stopped my shaking"

peacefully August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This drug in fact takes me from a 10 of horrible anxiety to about a 3. It has done wonders. It makes me feel like me again when I take it. I can think clearer and more positively. I wish they had an extended release. The only down fall is the only last maybe 4 to 5 hrs which is great to have that break but if it could carry on longer we wouldn't have to take more. Mind you I only take 1 mg a day. I try to be mindful of the addictiveness. I can't even say I'm addicted at all it just helps me be me and not sitting with that dreaded feeling all day in my chest and mind. I also have panic disorder I can't say it helps panic attacks but possibly gives u more courage to do things because I feel so good. And not good as in I feel high. U feel urself."

uniquegirl33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I had been using the TEVA brand for over 20 years. It worked effectively. Then in the last 6 months I have received two batches that did not work at all for insomnia, or Tardive Dyskenisia. I was sleepless for over two weeks. Then I had to visit the doctor. He had to prescribe a different generic Clonazapam, made by "Accord Healthcare." This brand is VERY inferior to the normal TEVA brand. I fall asleep fast but wake up about 4 hours later. So the Accord brand is weaker, and less effective. Many generics are inferior, even they are supposed to be regulated. In Europe I could buy Clonazapam the REAL medicine by Roche for 2.50 per month. Europe is far superiour in regards to health care."

94UZCAUTION August 2, 2017