User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam

Reghu · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 7, 2019

“It is very good for OCD in my experience wonderful drug. I have taken it long term, a small dose with no problems. I take it with vilazodone 20.”

A · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 8, 2018

“It helped calm me down from 3 hour panic attacks so that’s nice.”

Anxious Nerd · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2018

“I began taking Klonopin about a year and a half ago 1 mg twice a day for OCD and the crippling anxiety that tends to come with the disorder. Clonazepam has changed my life for the better yet it does have some potential for abuse, and I have found myself taking more than prescribed during times of high stress but have since stopped that bad habit and started taking a dose every other day as needed. It is extremely helpful for a plethora of anxiety related issues and is the least addictive and safest benzodiazepine that I have taken. (I've been prescribed nearly every benzo you can name). I would say you could potentially stay on Klonopin for a few years before you would have to taper down unlike xanax and ativan with their short half-lives and extreme abuse potential. The only side effect I've encountered was some short term memory issues that have since been resolved. Please keep in mind that Klonopin is still a benzodiazepine only take as needed!”

yearsofocd · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 7, 2018

“Drug works well for OCD and other anxiety problems. In fact its the only pharma drug that helped me for OCD and anxiety (sometimes). Common problems for people include: a)needing to increase the dosage (after a while the low dosage may stop working). b)withdrawal may cause problems for some c)cognitive impairment long term usage. I take it only several time a week (not daily).”

robbie gerrie October 6, 2017

“works great, but you build up a tolerance, and now I need 5 times as much (2.5mg) to get the same effect as .5 mg used to give me. After 10 years.”

Klonopin removes OCD August 24, 2013

“I have suffered from terrible bouts of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder my whole life. I have tried SSRI's such as Prozac and Luvox and at other times the supplement 5-HTP with good success. I wish a doctor had given me Klonopin earlier in life, however, because when I take 1 mg it is as though I have no OCD at all. I do not take it everyday because of its tendency to cause dependency, but I take it as needed. Roche has done a study showing Klonopin's success in helping patients with OCD while they wait for the SSRI to gain full-effect.”

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder