User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 112 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Insomnia

"I have to say I was prescribed 0.5mg of Klonopin for sleep. I've tried other medications, Ambien, Lunesta etc.. with not too much success. The Klonopin worked wonders but after about a month on the medication, I felt very weird I started to have hallucinogenic dreams... with bouts of gloom and doom during my waking hours. It got to a point that I got moderately depressed thinking such negative thoughts and decided to stop taking the medication. Wow, I never thought withdrawal would happen to me.. but it certainly did. Sweating, nervous, agitated..... It took about 5 weeks off of the Klonopin for the withdrawal symptoms to cease. Please be careful folks.. it's one of most additive medications out there."

ok guy January 13, 2017

"Klonopin completely destroyed my life. I was physically dependent after just 30 days. It took me 1.5 years to taper off the drug and I was disabled by the withdrawals. At 15 months off I still have symptoms. Google benzo withdrawal before you EVER take a benzo daily. My biggest regret in life is seeing a psychiatrist and taking Klonopin."

Blue skies January 12, 2017

"Lamictal has controlled my bipolar type 2 which manifests as depression & hypomania. I never have full blown mania. My GYN Dr prescribed hormone replacement treatment to treat my mood swings. It completely inactivated my Lamictal so it was as if I went off it cold turkey. It was the most horrible experience of my life! My HR increased to 130, my BP to 160/98, my thoughts raced & then I couldn't focus or make sense & made serious mistakes. I didn't sleep >15 hours in 5 days and no sleep the last 48 hrs. Klonopin saved me when 4 meds failed. Just don't ever drive!! I plan on using Uber!! Hope this helps someone! As w/all meds will need to adjust & figure out how to taper off. I have an amazing Pdoc though & I have strong faith. "

Anonymous December 17, 2016

"I have had severe insomnia since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999. I will be awake all night without meds. Ambien was the worst as far as side effects--should be off the market. I now take 2 mg of Clonazepan and 10 mg of Doxepin. Still takes me hours to fall asleep, but at least I do. Best I've taken so far. Only side effect for me is that I don't feel low blood sugars until the 40's (I'm diabetic). So I check my BS often. Have not slept through a night since 1998. Hoping to increase dosage next doctor visit."

Desperate for sleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

"I've been taking clonazepam 5 mg to 10mg tablets as needed for anxiety and nerve pain for 4 years now, and also have ADD. As of lately I've noticed that about an hour after taking clonazepam I felt restless and tense, almost jittery and my muscles tightened up and I was wide awake so I basically got 2 hours of sleep at night. I would say that after long term use, even if it is as needed, clonazepam definitely causes affects of insomnia and muscle stiffness."

34 year old female (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

"Hi all! Over 15 years I am on Clonazepam. CVS doesnt give Klonopin they substitute it with generic Clonazepam. Is there any difference between Klonopin and Clonazepam? I beg all to help me! I want to withdraw from this drug. I am unsuccessful on that. All doctors say that you have to find interesting hobby, be in circle of friends, around family, be more in nature. I have done this all, but it does not work. I have chemical addiction, drink high quality water, but it does not work too. Again, I ask everyone for help!!! Sarah"

Sarah5333 (taken for 10 years or more) December 10, 2016

"I have had trouble sleeping for at least 10-12 years. My brain doesn't seem to shut down. OTC like Benadryl has no effect on me at all. After many trials, my doctor found than a combination of Clonazepam and Tranzadone work great for me. They two don't make me sleepy at all but instead calm down my brain activity in order to go to sleep. I take them about two hours before going to bed. In addition, I found that the Brand name Qualitest for Clonazepam works better than Teva. I've been using this combination for about three years and they work great."

jMARIEb (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2016

"I took this medication for insomnia and towards the end of my manic episode my brain was gone when I was really logical and smart and insightful during my episode the nurses and resident thought and didn't even think I had a mental illness and thought it was only my personality (I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type) but by the end of my recovery and after the high doses of clonazepam and only being on it for 2 months I was already doing stupid stuff I wouldn't ever do and even called my cousin my other cousin's name on thanksgiving when I greeted him and I've never been this stupid in my life."

someone114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

"Don't know as yet because am just about to go on to it...Sounds really intriging!! i say with abated breath as I'm plum-tuckered colloquial for absolutely pooped.. That means in slang that I am really tired and out of sorts...In other words up the pole...Absolutely all-in.. Good morning am soon going to have a nap on the office floor...10.04a.m GMT Grantham mean time!!!??"

Basil Hare (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

"I don't understand why there are so many high (8-10) ratings for this drug. After reading so many who experienced negative effects, yet they gave a high rating. My first night taking my 1mg. prescription, I woke up thirsty and spilled water all over myself. Not a big deal. A while later, I rolled out of bed onto a bedside table and bruised myself badly. I had never before fallen out of bed. After the first night, I slept well and continued using it with no noticeable side effects. After using up my 3 months prescription, I was told that I needed to go to my doctor's office for paper prescription. I'm 68 years old, disabled and live 16 miles from my doctor's office. I am now suffering with horrible withdrawal symptoms!"

Spd 1341 November 16, 2016

"This medicine has destroyed my life. Yes it works well and yes I was able to sleep but tolerance build up quickly you need to keep increasing your dose. It might not increase and everyone but it did for me. It also ended up causing a major depression from use which I cannot get out of. I also went through the worst withdrawal trying to get off of this and I am still unable to sleep since using it. I think it affected my brain's chemistry. I literally only sleep 5 to 6 hours a week since quitting. I know the Temptation could be great to start it because as I said it works for insomnia and anxiety but be warned it is nearly impossible to get out of your life. I'm currently on family medical leave from work trying to get my life back together"

Jml76 November 12, 2016

"Medicine good.too much sleep. how do you stop sleeping"

rOor October 31, 2016

"I've had PTSD induced insomnia since I was 6 years old. I've tried every possible drug there is, ambien, lunesta and the like. Nothing seems to work, and my recurring dream always seems to come right back and wake me up. One time I decided to try klonopin because sleeping on a cycle of 4 days awake 5 hours asleep from 6 years old to 29 will make you try anything. First time I took it, one 2mg pill, I slept for three solid days, I've never experience sleep that deep that I can remember, but it feels like a life saver, my only way to truly sleep after feeling like the reaper was just hanging over my head waiting."

Polymath September 25, 2016

"I have had insomnia for several years, sleeping only 2-3 hours per night. I tried Clonazepam last year for a few months and didn't have much success with it, so I went back to Lunesta, which worked fairly well but left me with a dull headache every day. I decided to try 1mg Clonazepam again after reading that Doxepin helps it to work better - this time I take it along with 3mg of Doxepin Elixir liquid, (which is an antihistamine at low doses of 3-6mg). Now, I fall asleep within 30 minutes and sleep all night! Between 7 and 8 hours. I feel energetic and not groggy at all! I have my life back!!"

Krz September 24, 2016

"Been suffering with insomnia for months! Klonopin is the only therapy thst gets me to sleep & stay asleep! Tried Ambien, Trazadone, nonr of it worked for me"

GA September 24, 2016

"Not worting for me so far. Taking .5 as per doc & still cant sleep"

Morganskit September 7, 2016

"Hi I'm from Philippines. i have a Insomnia for 2 months and my Doctor gave me a Rivotril ( Clonazepam) this is a true blessing for me. because i sleep better. for Now i take this when i need like have a occasion or for travel its Great Help me a LOT. also i try different Sleeping aids. Like Melatonin, Sleepasils. but did't work. Only CLONAZEPAM work Wonderfully! :)"

Markrey September 3, 2016

"I have taken rivotril for 6 months it helps me alot.after 1 and half year I stop using it as I felt I'm already better and I was so happy with the results...after suffering bad turbulence on plane I slowly going back to old situation again...so I decide to go back to my doctor and tell her the whole story and she said my panic and anxiety is back...then I start using again I'm happy with the results because I know it helped me so much.i sleep good every night I run 14 kilometers everyday..I'm glad to my Doctor for prescribing me with this medication"

Sova (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

"the one of best drug for severe insomnia, take them and sleep for 12 or 13 hours. But it will be not good sleep and you will not feel fresh in next day. very addictive and build tolerance is very very fast. I don't think it's good choice for mild to moderate insomnia, short act benzodiazepine is better pickup."

DEXi (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

"I was hopeful this medication would help me with insomnia, but have had a mixed experience. At 0.5, I get very sleepy but don't necessarily fall asleep. It does last long which helps with morning anxiety if you take it at night. I do find it helps me to sleep if I pair it with an antihistamine (I use hydroxyzine, under a doctor's prescription, 15 or 20mg). So clonazepam is a decent anti-anxiety medication, but I didn't find it to be very helpful (alone) as a sleep aid."

Jillybean22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

"I didn't think there was anything to help my tinnitus after a head injury. My neurologist prescribed Clonazepam to help the sleep problems caused by tinnitus. I finally get some relief and a better nights sleep without the constant interruptions from the ringing."

Mlmjb1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

"I take 1mg every 3 days controls pain from costochondritis"

patrick g May 20, 2016

"I had reall bad insomnia didn't know what to do. I had be laking sleep so bad I was desprate so a friend had clonazapam for sleeping and she gave me one to try and I slept like a baby. It also helps with anxiety I've ben on them for quiet some time now I take two 0.5 mgs evry other night and i find they are not helping any more for sleeping so would it hurt to take another"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2016

"I am 75 year old and have taken Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablet for about 4 years for restless legs and insomnia. I take 1/2 of the tablet every night, along with vitamin D and magnesium & Aleve for arthritis pain. It has been very effective for me, it lets me sleep with no hangover but I do have vivid dreams every night, not nightmares though.. On occasion I have taken a full tablet but I keep them cut in half and usually only need the 1/2 dose. My new doctor is taking me off of them and putting me on Mirapex for restless legs and melatonin to sleep. Melatonin has never helped before but I will try again."

Grandma Wendy April 23, 2016

"Totally useless drug - had no effect on my insomnia whatsoever."

cianpars (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016