User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"I started having horrible extremely bad anxiety attacks for the past 5 months. Since then I've been on so many different medications to help with anxiety. I was first put on gabapentin, which I had a bad time on, horrible reaction that put me in the ER. Got put on clonezapam which worked wonders for me. The uncontrollable crying episodes stopped until I was put on adderal & lexapro which made them come back along with my anxiety attacks. Stopped the adderal & continued the clonezapam & finally came out of that. I still take the lexapro. But now I've developed a upper respiratory infection, having flu like symptoms. I was taking 1mg once a day everyday for almost a month. My doctor told me to take half a 1mg so now that's what I take."

Chyster January 22, 2017

"I have been taking clonazepam .5 MG's once daily if needed for over a year now, and let's just say this medicine has done wonders for me! I suffer with horrible panic disorder as well with agoraphobia without clonazepam I probably would never be able to leave my house, I only take it when I need it which is usually three times a week depending but just knowing I have it helps calm me down, I am also on Zoloft 75mgs and the combo works great for me!"

Stefanie M January 20, 2017

"This medication should never be taken as a long term treatment for Anxiety, Panic Attacks etc.. This medication also should be given at low doses to begin 0.5 once or twice a day. The reason for these conclusions is that I first was given clonazepam over 25 years ago after extreme anxiety from a major surgery. My dosage was high (Started 2MGX 3 Day and Eventually 2MG X4 a day) I was on 2 MG X 4 a day for well over 20 years and getting off has been almost impossible, even in a detox center. Even with tapers. This last year we slowly were sort of successful by cutting it back down to 2MG X 3 a day and that took over a year of tapering. I still get the shakes once in a while, this drug is dangerous for now I crave it."

BIG V123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "For me this worked like a miracle drug but be cautious because overuse can be hazardous if you have any fear simply take small breaks between and dont build up a tolerance if used properly I believe it can completely eradicate anxiety even if only temporarily"

Raoul Duke Darko January 11, 2017

"I was given clonazepam after my husband passed away to be able to sleep. It didn't help much so my Dr added half of a tablet. I took the 1.5 tablet which didn't help either. I am at a loss. I already take 2 types of antidepressants. I also hate these drugs that are supposed to help. I'm going to wean myself off of all of these drugs. I can't wait to be see if I feel normal, I hope."

Conniemy January 11, 2017

"Been on Clonaz for 4 years, on and off. I take 2 mgs as needed. I've had panic/anxiety attacks since I was a child. It wasn't until I got older that I realized what they were. I worry all the time. I can't fly with out this drug. When my anxiety prevents me from sleeping and I have racing thoughts and weird feelings of dread, I take it. 1 or 2 times a week. It's a miracle drug. My anxiety goes from 10/10, the worst I can imagine anyone experiencing anxiety, complete freakout panic with no way out, too bliss, where everything feels peaceful and nothing worries me and life is great. Miracle drug. Although, its extremely scary when I feel I need to take it, and I have to pace around and keep calm until it kicks in 45 minutes later."

internetdude (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2017

"I was involved in an accident a few months ago that claimed the life of the person I was with and tried to rescue. Both of us had to be flown out; I made it, they didn't. I had prior, minor anxiety issues; but never had the need for medication or treatment. I was one of those people who thought anxiety/panic attacks were more of a mental/attention-seeking action. I was wrong. I now know what it's like to wake up at 1 am (sometimes reliving the scenario) and be in complete chest-pounding panic. I now know what it's like to have certain words or topics of discussion trigger major anxiety issues. I take this (1mg dose) med, as needed (post event, day or night), to help calm anxiety issues; currently 0-3 times per week (more a few months ago)."

LoneSurvivor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

"Helps my anxiety just generally puts me in a better mood - I can actually deal with life happily now"

willbur franks December 29, 2016

"I suffer from GAD, panic attacks and digestive issues. I am grateful for being prescribed this medication. It has saved me from dozens of visits to the emergency room. Just 0.25mg once in the morning takes off the edge so that I can get on with my day. I tapered off my daily use after 1 year with not too much difficulty except for dizziness, headaches and some anxiety (over 6-8 weeks) Now I just take it twice a week as needed. Some of the side effects that I experience while on this medication is slight forgetfulness and eyes seem sensitive to bright lights. Key is using the lowest dose possible that works for you."

BXGuy December 28, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I had been on Zoloft for about a year or so which helped manage my anxiety, but didn't help when it came to a very stressful day or event that led to side effects like racing heart, labored breathing, sweating, stomach ulcers, etc. I needed something that I could take immediately to stave an anxiety attack off. My doctor prescribed Klonopin and I'm so grateful for it. For me, it doesn't make me tired, lethargic, or dull me down. I was afraid of a medication that would just sedate me. This drug takes the edge off and makes me feel good enough to continue with my day. I haven't had any side effects."

LauraHayden December 19, 2016

"I've been on Clonazepam for five years now. I take it for general anxiety disorder. This is a miracle drug. I don't care what the critics say about the idea that it's addictive or that you build up a tolerance or any of the other hundreds of negative things they say about this drug. All the negative effects they claim you'll experience haven't happened to me. And trust me, if anyone feels the side effects of drugs, it's me. All the cold and flu medications, antihistamine, etc. that say they are non drowsy (i.e. Clartin) knock me out completely. Sure, this drug is addictive, but so is your heart medication. If you go off it, you might get a heart attack. Listen to the doctors, not the Internet."

AnthonyJr December 16, 2016

"This is the only thing that has ever worked for me and continues to work for me on a regular basis. As long as I take it according to the dose my doctor prescribed I have never had an issue with this drug not working the way it's supposed to. On that note, I wouldn't say that it's for everyone, and if you are going to use Kpins, be aware that this drug can be addicting and the withdrawals are next to unbearable. So use them with Therapy for the best results, not just a script from an M.D... best"

Bedtime 4 Benzo (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 14, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've taken so many different meds and this one is the only one that's ever worked for preventing panic attacks from anxiety. Which happen often because I have social anxiety and phobias. I never developed a dependency even after stopping it for a few years when I quit taking my mood stabilizer as well."

MeliRz December 13, 2016

"I was an iv meth user for 6 months and I'm really proud to say I'm clean since march 05/16. I went one month detox until I couldn't handle the racing thoughts and tense-ness through my whole body. Finally I go to a doctor and Valium fixed me up for one month then weaned of that. Still experiencing some same symptoms so he tried propranolol. Which helped take the edge off but hardly so I switched to Zoloft which was hard! But much better thoughts. Still tense still freeze up in situations still worry about an minor inconvenience I would cry and think about death just death in general my brain would stick to one thing and float around everything else. Until I got clonazapam. I can think things through, keep calm when pressured, and live!"

Alivinglady November 28, 2016

"I've had severe anxiety for as long as I can remember...clonazepam has actually helped in so many ways I would recommend it if your anxiety is really bad. The cons though it makes you sleepy "

Numberoneashley November 21, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

"I take .5 klonopin and i still get really bad anxiety on it. I tried telling my psych about it but she said it was okay. Personally, I dont think it works and im 122lb."

SARannR November 14, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Stay away from this nightmare drug it can in most likely cause depression and more it's dangerous i had withdrawals for months horrible......."

laurahope November 7, 2016

"Helps me live a normal life even tho I have Agoraphobia. This medicine kicks my panic disorder in the butt and keeps in down ALL DAY! Unlike Xanax that wears off in 4 hours and leaves you shaking. Also helps me through these uncomfortable Xanax withdrawals. I do feel like I need a stronger dose. I'm 145lbs and physically fit, I take .5mg and I don't feel high or drunk, just normally calm. I haven't tried doing anything outstanding on this drug yet. Maybe with more CBT I'll make more strides on this drug."

Eseloco954 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have used Klonopin over the years for anxiety and I've been looking in the internet saying it's so hard to get off of I've never had a problem I used to take 3 milligrams a day on and off for years and then when I quit I just quit I've never had a problem I don't understand where the problem lies with this drug because I've never had a problem coming off has anybody else had problems"

no problems November 4, 2016

"Very useful medicine. Could finally sleep while on it and wasnt nearly as anxious as usual. No side effects so far."

Dawn_marie_6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016

"I"

sylviaplath (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been prescribed a plethora of anti-depressants and non-benzodiazepine anti-anxiety meds; all accompanied by horrendous, long lasting side effects. Had a bad experience with a psychiatrist & also held a negative attitude toward being dependent on medication, therefore decided to be anti-medicated for several (miserable) years. Eventually came to terms with the fact that I can not properly function in society without medication. It took awhile, but I have finally found a great combination of meds, including .5 mg of Clonazepam. Anxiety is better managed. Happy to no longer be missing out because of anxiety. Would recommend a low dose (prescribed by a doctor, of course) to someone that has tried multiple anxiety medications with no avail."

Alexis J. October 14, 2016

"My best friend was taking this medication for many years. He committed suicide in September. A few months before he told me that the the drug wasn't working and that it was a different manufacturer. He said he had been trying to get off it but was unable to. He was under a psychiatrist's care. I'm not sure of the entire story, only what he told me. However, he started to withdraw from all his friends and let his work slide. The last time I saw him he looked terrible, shakes, sweaty, awful. That was months before he died. He was 57 and had been taking the drug for decades. All I can say is it sounds like a dangerous drug for some people. I am saddened by his passing and wish there was something we could have done to help him."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2016