User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"Klonopin has been a life saver for me. I suffered horrible anxiety for years before being treated and have been using the drug for 10 years. I'm 42 now. I use it as needed so sometimes I can go weeks without taking any, sometimes take a couple a day for a week. I've never felt any withdrawal or cravings. My only very small complaint is that I feel not quite as sharp mentally. I am a chemist so I need my "A game" while at work. Other than that this drug has changed my life for the better."

Hada1010 January 8, 2018

"I've been on either Klonopin or xanax for around 20 years. When I try to stop them it's terrifying. I've gone as long as 2 months without and the withdrawal is even worse after 6 months then is is during the first 2 weeks. I can't take off work for a year to get off of these. I can't call off of work and say, of sorry I'm hooked on my anxiety medication and I can't come in. I got myself down to 0.5 twice a day and that keeps my functioning. But I can't function without them. I don't know if my anxiety is really that bad or it's the withdrawal. It's really messed up and I have to chuckle when I see it says Klonipin is used for benzo withdrawal. That's like saying Herion is good for oxycontin withdrawal..."

Patrick63072 (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2018

"Took Klonopin for like 6 years started on 0.5mg and went up to 2mg, but I usually broke them in half and took 1mg. They are better to take during the day cuz it doesn't make you sleepy, then I'll take maybe 2 mg before bed. It doesn't knock you out it just helps you sleep through the night and helps you go to sleep some cuz your mind's not racing. Well they stopped working after the 6 years so now I'm on Xanax 0.5 need to go up to 1 mg. They work much better as far as anxiety I guess it helps some but basically I need to rest well at night when I switch to Xanax didn't have any withdrawals from Klonopin actually I stopped the Klonopin (cuz I lost my insurance) for probably two years before I started the Xanax and didn't have any withdrawals "

Wormy12 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2017

"My Klonipin is the oral disintegrating type. It dissolves quickly, under my tongue, and begins to work immediately. The instant action of the dissolving tablets is far greater, for me, than tablets that take time to work. A panic attack needs immediate action. Quite often I’m driving the car when panic occurs. The instant relief has saved me from car accidents, I’m sure. Just FYI..."

PattyShay (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

"I have been taking clonozepam for roughly 3 years. I have suffered from extreme anxiety since late teens. I did not seek help until I was 39. Prozac worked great for me but after 14 years lost effectiveness. Have tried many drugs but discovered clonozepam. Works great for me. I have learned to space them out due to reduced effectiveness. Great at reducing anxiety. !!"

Loopy2154 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2017

"The temporary relief is not worth the crippling dependency. The withdrawal from this drug literally ruins people. Beware, too, "benzo rage;" I've never experienced a more terrifying emotional state, I felt like I completely lost myself and became cruel and ridiculously self-righteous. Meanwhile, this class of drug turned a kind and funny roommate into a two-faced thief and liar. There is a better way than benzos, be patient and be willing to work on yourself. This stuff ruins people."

deeteepee December 15, 2017

"I've taken clonazepam 1.5 mg a day with 1,000 mg Divalproex,and Adderall IR 20 mg for over 4 months. I have pretty bad ADHD and Anxiety/Social anxiety disorder. I've taken other benzos(Alprazolam,Lorazepam, Flurazepam) but these new drugs are absolutely the best in my opinion for controlling anxiety in any situation. It worked very well for me and continues to, but if you don't prefer sedation and muscle relaxation as side effects then you should go for a drug such a buspirone. But thats my experience."

Zaneggg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

"I have been on Klonopin (Clonazapam) for 9 years and have never felt the need to increase my dose of 0.5mg in the am., and 1.0 mg in the pm. I have PTSD, and no longer have panic attacks or the General Anxiety associated with the PTSD. I might have to take it for the rest of my life, but without it my quality of life was unbearable. I don't want to go back to the panicky shaking and heart palpitations and fatigue I felt after an episode. Truly, my triggers don't even bother me that much due to this medication. It's been my saving grace."

Tweety933 November 20, 2017

"Life saver. Gets way too much of a bad rap by "professionals" who don't know squat about mental health. Make sure to use sparingly and you will not get addicted For high pressure situations at work or other emergency situations it makes me a normal person again. This Rx has saved my life and my job. (Go to counselling too)"

YankeeFanatic (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

"I've dealt anxiety since I was a child but never sought help until it became very serious and my job and relationships were being affected. I was prescribed clonazepam and instructed to only take it when necessary. It has worked wonderfully for me and for once in a long time, I actually felt genuinely calm and relaxed, and my perspectives towards things that would bother me on a normal day changed completely (I was able to rationalise things better and get over problems quickly). The first hour or so after taking clonazepam is torture though as I would usually feel very drowsy and dazed. After that, as long as I eat properly, the drowsiness goes away and the pill will work wonders."

AlyT (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

"I have suffered from extreme social and general anxiety for most of my life, but didn't seek help until I was around 20. I was prescribed many SSRIs but none of them worked. Clonazepam has been the only thing that has ever helped relieve my anxiety. Its a shame that many doctors won't prescribe it because it can be habit forming, yet they'll gladly give out SSRIs that can cause manic behavior or suicidal thoughts. This medication saved me from my anxiety."

Airrinn November 9, 2017

"Been on clonazepam for a while. It is not as effective for me as lorazepam since most of my anxiety is due to severe, treatment resistant OCD however it's still effective in reducing debilitating anxiety. It has a longer half life than lorazepam and xanax but it's slower to take affect. My doctor combines this with hydroxyzine for panic attacks and it works quite well. I recommend this benzodiazepine over other since xanax has an extremely high chance of dependency, and over lorazepam because its just recently been discovered that lorazepam can cause dementia."

ecarbajal (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2017

"This does not work for me. Must be a placebo. Did not alleviate symptoms at all."

SFT (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

"My GP prescribed Klonopin 0.5 for severe social anxiety and tremors. I've been taking it for a week, and my anxiety is 90% gone. The only downside is that it takes 1-2 hours to kick in, but it lasts a while after it starts working. Great drug for anxiety and tremors! Highly recommended!"

fleetfan (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2017

"I was prescribed this medication to help with mild tinnitus. After 3 months, I was having severe memory issues and thinking problems, so the doctor tapered me off. After a couple of days, I started experiencing painful muscle spasms and a feeling of chemical burns all over my skin. The doctor said this is common after coming off of klonopin and that it would stop in a couple of days. It took over 3 months for these issues to stop, and no amount of pain medication would even touch the sensation of chemical burns on my skin. Additionally, my tinnitus is now much worse than it ever was before klonopin - instead of the steady mild hum, it now sounds like air horns are being blasted in my ears. Patients beware!"

TinGuy67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2017

"I suffer from health anxiety. Every new mole, lump, twinge... my mind would sink me into fear and a state of depression. It’s not always. Most days I can cope with the irrational thoughts and sort it out in my mind but then there are some days where it’s too much. I have found that taking half of my 0.5mg tab in the morning and then the other half in the evening has made me the most level headed and normal feeling I’ve felt in a long time. Doesn’t leave me groggy just has me normal! So awesome to just be chill. Finally! I’ve also noticed that if you are female hormones when they shift and change right before menstraution have always brought out my anxiety the worst! Good luck."

adsc16 (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

"Have been taking clonazepam since 1996. Couldn't have gotten by without it. Probably will remain on it for my life, but the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives."

Wendala (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2017

"I got prescribed this a few months ago to help alleviate anxiety and panic attacks. It's been a life saver. I only take it as needed since it can be habit-forming, but it works really well. It definitely calms me down."

lavendermoon7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2017

"I’m taking cipralex for depression and ONLY when I feel anxiety I take ½ of 1mg pill. I feel better in 10 min.. good luck to you all."

02051946 (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2017

"I've been on this med for 2 months it keeps me awake all night..what to do I take it at bed time .Still awake at 4 am"

Sleepless in oh October 13, 2017

"At 19 I have been on Buspar, Prozac and Ativan; none of which worked. I can honestly say Clonazepam is the only medication that has ever worked for my severe GAD, SAD and panic attacks. There is always a risk of addiction with benzodiazepines, but if thats the tradeoff to be a functional adult then so be it. I would recommend this only after less habit forming treatments have been ventured."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2017

"I had facial nervous twitch and anxiety and clonazepam was a blessing in the past working as with the public it was very embarrassing. I can drive with no problems and relaxed me enough to accomplish more also if I talk too fast it slows me down to a normal pace. Sometimes I have insomnia and taking 2 tablet before going to bed did not work. My Doctor said take 1 tablet an hour before going to bed then take a second one after that hour it made a total difference."

Anonymous October 3, 2017

"Clonazepam has been a wonderful medication for generalized anxiety, OCD, and PTSD in my case. It helps "round me out" and keeps me feeling stable emotionally. The best part about this medication is that it lasts way longer than other benzodiazepines without the "I need a Xanax now!" feeling when it wears off. It helps prevent anxiety in the first place so as not to need an immediate relief medication. It doesn't make me feel sluggish or depressed. Best anxiety drug I've taken yet!"

thecoochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

"I am a survivior of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI'S). I was misdiagnosis bi-polar. I was re-evaluated 10-12 years ago because of a 'fatty liver' condition due to the Seroquel a psychoactive drug. This misdiagnosis was reaffirmed when, I became part of a DNA study. Each individual would need to participate at their own discretion. The point to my comment is for me...clonazepam has been since 2008 now it is 2017 a workable solution with no side effects or health risks or addiction issues. 2017, I have been arbitrarily taken off of clonazepam by a 'physicians assistant' in the mental health field. "We are not treating for depression." This is not logical."

CHAPAWEE10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

"A few things to know: this medication will change your life. Even taking it once will make you realize that those sad, dark, anxious thoughts in your head is ONLY anxiety. I promise you are going to be okay. There are many people on here searching for meds who suffer from this debilitating anxiety that a lot of others (without anxiety) cannot understand. Klonopin gives you that extra push you need to come to this realization and gets you through dark moments. Another thing: it is not as addictive as Xanax, which is extremely important when deciding which benzo is best for you. Best of luck."

youarenotaloneipromise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017