User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"Yes stopped anxiety in its tracks BUT and a big but it is very addictive and getting off of it has been very difficult EVEN when using a titration method of slowly decreasing dose. I went as high as taking 3mg over a 3-year period. The withdrawal from this drug for me was incredible it's been a month that I have been off of it and the anxiety and "brain fog" are intense, I'm hoping this goes away over time as it's very difficult to concentrate. Do your homework BEFORE taking this medicine. Be well."

Freedog (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had terrible anxiety attacks .Have been on 0.5 mg for years. Really helped."

Decorater (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So, I used to have pretty debilitating anxiety. When I finally went to my doctor, he diagnosed me with a panic disorder and gave me clonazopam. Like any other drug of this sort, how responsible you are with medicine should determine if you take this or not. He gave to to me and told me to take it once at night when I went to bed, and then as needed if I was having a panic attack. This made me a little bit drowsy in the morning, so I stopped taking it at night and switched to just as needed which he said was fine. I have 1mg tablets, and take 1/2 at a time. I TRULY TAKE THIS AS NEEDED, and have never needed to increase my dose. At sight of a panic attack (maybe 3x a month now, used to be everyday) I take one, and it goes away."

(: (: (: May 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication was useful for the first few months but I have spent the last six tapering and getting off of it, it is truly poison and was NEVER meant to be taken long term, you will develop a tolerance keep needing more and more to achieve the same affect, it causes memory issues, fertility problems and increased anxiety over time, agoraphobia and depression. Getting off of it almost ruined my life but was the best decision I ever made, please for the love of all do not ever touch this medication, there are other ways"

Songbird127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have taken these for a few yrs and its given me my life back. Its a much more even keel positive experience than say valium or xanax. It comes on slowly and lasts for a decent amount of time. I can't say anything negative about it. I've gone a few days without it and never experienced anything dramatic. I think and function very well under klonapin, and it gets a 10 in my book."

REBELWITHAKAUZE (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Fantastic All I have to say I have bad anxiety since high school. Had social issues in school for as long as I can remember and it affected me severely even into the college years. Should have had it prescribed years earlier, but it has worked incredibly well for me since 2013. I ONLY take AS TRULY NEEDED.....this can be very addictive, so one MUST USE RESPONSIBLY. P.S. Xanax sucked."

Patient111 April 23, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've suffered from severe agoraphobia and anxiety for about two years now. I missed so many opportunities because I was a scared of leaving my comfort-zone and I was experiencing a panic attack. I tried Celexa for a time, but it wasn't helpful and I continued to get worse and worse. Eventually, I felt severe anxiety whenever I left my house and experienced panic attacks on any trip that took longer than 10-15 minutes. Trying clonazepam has COMPLETELY changed my life for that better. Just 1.5 mg and suddenly I can travel 30-40 minutes down town, no anxiety or panic in sight. I've been going out more, confident and happier than I've ever been- I finally remember what it was like to live without agoraphobia. I owe everything to this wonderful drug!!"

Rose C. April 13, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It works well. Benzos are very helpful if used appropriately. I take 1-2 mg twice a day and I have my life back. Everybody is different. I'm a male in my 20's with a family history of anxiety, and I prefer Klonopin over Xanax for sure. Dosage is relative to the specific individual and their symptoms. My pdoc was not willing to prescribe this long term or at the dosage I need. Thankfully my psychiatrist has a clue and has helped me enormously."

Bengals (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Clonazepam has relieved anxiety for me in extreme situations, after invasive cancer surgery this medication along with oxycodone made my recovery a lot more humane."

Lucia1999 March 24, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to have panic attacks every time we went out to eat, I couldn't sit in the movies without a panic attack, I couldn't travel without anxiety and eventually a panic attack. I was always in a state of panic. I went to the urgent care with heart palps, and was given a script for clonazepam .05mg and I take it once at night. I finally sleep through the night, I don't wake up groggy, and it lasts throughout the next day because I can do the things I Never was able to do before. I use it with caution because I don't want to become dependent but at the same time, I wasn't really functioning very well before. I am thankful for it!"

Lee369 March 17, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I give this medicine a 10 only because it does its job...but it did cause me to get a criminal case against me for "driving under the influence of a scheduled drug" in which I will have to appear in court for. All because the cop (without any doctor experience or medical school education) thought the blood levels were "high". I hadn't taken a pill since 13 hours beforehand!....and I NEVER abused the klonopin due to its strong properties. This does make some people I know very mean who are generally very sweet when they take it. But, I have taken xanax, valium, and klonopin and the klonopin has worked in my opinion-the best for longterm panic and anxiety issues. can be used for bipolar disorder so that's a plus."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My anxiety begun when I was 11 years old. I was in denial for 5 years that I needed a pcychiatrist. I can't get over it anymore so I stopped my study. I had headaches and depressed of all the results given to me. Everything was a nightmare. I've been checked by many doctors but they said that my system is normal. So they decided to put me in a psychiatrist. They give me some med but it didn't help me that much. I went to other doctor this time gave me this wonderful med rivotril. It gives me full control of my emotions and my anxiety completely gone. Now i can function very well. Thanks rivotril."

dream bigger (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Saved my freakin life!!! Junior year of high school, was dealing with severe hypochiondria + generalized anxiety- couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost 30lbs in two months and missed 2-3 days of school per week. My doctor prescribed celexa first which did nothing but make me dissociate for two days straight. He decided we should try clonazepam next just to get my acute episodes of anxiety under control and OMG, what a difference!!! I literally cried from relief after taking my first dose, because it made me feel completely normal again. My only side effect is the occasional headache a day after taking it. I now only take it as needed once or twice a week and it still works wonders. Also works great for migraines."

borluz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi, sorry for any writing problems in advance, I write spanish mainly, but I want to share my experience. I have been using Klonopin, 0.5 mg usually two times a day, for about 3 or more years. But recently I'm feeling kind of pressure in the chest, not pain, It's more like a crying desire feeling. I didn't know the reason, I have fibromyalgia and I am on Pristine 50 mg, Neurontin and Skelaxin, and other medications. About 2 hours ago I felt an anxiety episode and I decide to take one Klonopin pill, and after 30 minutes the crying feeling just started. Now I am wondering if that is the reason. I have not take any other medication today, except acetaminophen early in the morning. Maybe this info is useful to other users. I wish health to every one."

Purple Angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have very bad anxiety attacks that occur at random. I take one in the morning and one at night and its helps he immensely I believe its a life saver it brings tears to my eyes. It relieved the torture of daily anxiety attacks which caused me great depression."

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "As a Mental health therapist with anxiety I tried this to test it out having my doubts. This drug works very well for someone with ADHD, OCD and anxiety. Keep an eye on the dependency factor, overuse will cause addiction and health issues."

Butter buns 8 February 16, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For anxiety and panic disorders, I have found this drug to be extremely useful. Prior to taking Clonazepam, I was under tremendous stress due to work, and was suffering 2 -3 panic attacks per day. Since starting on 3 x 1mg per day. I have not had a single major panic attack. Anxiety and stress just disappear! It has also proved useful, on occasion, to help with sleep. Initially, it did make me very drowsy, but this passed within 3-4 days. Thanks to this medication, I have my life back! Would recommend to anyone with a similar diagnosis of generalized Anxiety and Panic disorders. The only downside is that I have experienced reluctance from Doctors to prescribe it (in the UK). I had to go private in order to get it."

Hafnium (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've taken klonopin off and on for many years and I have to say it is very effective and much longer lasting than xanax. I've been prescribed xanax as well and it is effective, but I truly believe it shouldn't be taken on a regular basis, especially several times a day. It's fast acting and it helps with panic attacks and similar situations. But to take it day in and day out seems ludicrous. Klonopin has a much longer half life and I don't feel withdrawal when I come off klonopin, that's not the case with Xanax. Not only that, on Xanax I was finding that I would have periods of forgetfulness, meaning periods of the day. I was at a job interview and I really couldn't tell you what was said by me or the interviewer. I did get the job however."

glendola1234 February 5, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started having horrible extremely bad anxiety attacks for the past 5 months. Since then I've been on so many different medications to help with anxiety. I was first put on gabapentin, which I had a bad time on, horrible reaction that put me in the ER. Got put on clonezapam which worked wonders for me. The uncontrollable crying episodes stopped until I was put on adderal & lexapro which made them come back along with my anxiety attacks. Stopped the adderal & continued the clonezapam & finally came out of that. I still take the lexapro. But now I've developed a upper respiratory infection, having flu like symptoms. I was taking 1mg once a day everyday for almost a month. My doctor told me to take half a 1mg so now that's what I take."

Chyster January 22, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking clonazepam .5 MG's once daily if needed for over a year now, and let's just say this medicine has done wonders for me! I suffer with horrible panic disorder as well with agoraphobia without clonazepam I probably would never be able to leave my house, I only take it when I need it which is usually three times a week depending but just knowing I have it helps calm me down, I am also on Zoloft 75mgs and the combo works great for me!"

Stefanie M January 20, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication should never be taken as a long term treatment for Anxiety, Panic Attacks etc.. This medication also should be given at low doses to begin 0.5 once or twice a day. The reason for these conclusions is that I first was given clonazepam over 25 years ago after extreme anxiety from a major surgery. My dosage was high (Started 2MGX 3 Day and Eventually 2MG X4 a day) I was on 2 MG X 4 a day for well over 20 years and getting off has been almost impossible, even in a detox center. Even with tapers. This last year we slowly were sort of successful by cutting it back down to 2MG X 3 a day and that took over a year of tapering. I still get the shakes once in a while, this drug is dangerous for now I crave it."

BIG V123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2017