User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 172 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"Clonazepam has relieved anxiety for me in extreme situations, after invasive cancer surgery this medication along with oxycodone made my recovery a lot more humane."

Lucia1999 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to have panic attacks every time we went out to eat, I couldn't sit in the movies without a panic attack, I couldn't travel without anxiety and eventually a panic attack. I was always in a state of panic. I went to the urgent care with heart palps, and was given a script for clonazepam .05mg and I take it once at night. I finally sleep through the night, I don't wake up groggy, and it lasts throughout the next day because I can do the things I Never was able to do before. I use it with caution because I don't want to become dependent but at the same time, I wasn't really functioning very well before. I am thankful for it!"

Lee369 March 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I give this medicine a 10 only because it does its job...but it did cause me to get a criminal case against me for "driving under the influence of a scheduled drug" in which I will have to appear in court for. All because the cop (without any doctor experience or medical school education) thought the blood levels were "high". I hadn't taken a pill since 13 hours beforehand!....and I NEVER abused the klonopin due to its strong properties. This does make some people I know very mean who are generally very sweet when they take it. But, I have taken xanax, valium, and klonopin and the klonopin has worked in my opinion-the best for longterm panic and anxiety issues. can be used for bipolar disorder so that's a plus."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My anxiety begun when I was 11 years old. I was in denial for 5 years that I needed a pcychiatrist. I can't get over it anymore so I stopped my study. I had headaches and depressed of all the results given to me. Everything was a nightmare. I've been checked by many doctors but they said that my system is normal. So they decided to put me in a psychiatrist. They give me some med but it didn't help me that much. I went to other doctor this time gave me this wonderful med rivotril. It gives me full control of my emotions and my anxiety completely gone. Now i can function very well. Thanks rivotril."

dream bigger (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Saved my freakin life!!! Junior year of high school, was dealing with severe hypochiondria + generalized anxiety- couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost 30lbs in two months and missed 2-3 days of school per week. My doctor prescribed celexa first which did nothing but make me dissociate for two days straight. He decided we should try clonazepam next just to get my acute episodes of anxiety under control and OMG, what a difference!!! I literally cried from relief after taking my first dose, because it made me feel completely normal again. My only side effect is the occasional headache a day after taking it. I now only take it as needed once or twice a week and it still works wonders. Also works great for migraines."

borluz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi, sorry for any writing problems in advance, I write spanish mainly, but I want to share my experience. I have been using Klonopin, 0.5 mg usually two times a day, for about 3 or more years. But recently I'm feeling kind of pressure in the chest, not pain, It's more like a crying desire feeling. I didn't know the reason, I have fibromyalgia and I am on Pristine 50 mg, Neurontin and Skelaxin, and other medications. About 2 hours ago I felt an anxiety episode and I decide to take one Klonopin pill, and after 30 minutes the crying feeling just started. Now I am wondering if that is the reason. I have not take any other medication today, except acetaminophen early in the morning. Maybe this info is useful to other users. I wish health to every one."

Purple Angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have very bad anxiety attacks that occur at random. I take one in the morning and one at night and its helps he immensely I believe its a life saver it brings tears to my eyes. It relieved the torture of daily anxiety attacks which caused me great depression."

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "As a Mental health therapist with anxiety I tried this to test it out having my doubts. This drug works very well for someone with ADHD, OCD and anxiety. Keep an eye on the dependency factor, overuse will cause addiction and health issues."

Butter buns 8 February 16, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For anxiety and panic disorders, I have found this drug to be extremely useful. Prior to taking Clonazepam, I was under tremendous stress due to work, and was suffering 2 -3 panic attacks per day. Since starting on 3 x 1mg per day. I have not had a single major panic attack. Anxiety and stress just disappear! It has also proved useful, on occasion, to help with sleep. Initially, it did make me very drowsy, but this passed within 3-4 days. Thanks to this medication, I have my life back! Would recommend to anyone with a similar diagnosis of generalized Anxiety and Panic disorders. The only downside is that I have experienced reluctance from Doctors to prescribe it (in the UK). I had to go private in order to get it."

Hafnium (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've taken klonopin off and on for many years and I have to say it is very effective and much longer lasting than xanax. I've been prescribed xanax as well and it is effective, but I truly believe it shouldn't be taken on a regular basis, especially several times a day. It's fast acting and it helps with panic attacks and similar situations. But to take it day in and day out seems ludicrous. Klonopin has a much longer half life and I don't feel withdrawal when I come off klonopin, that's not the case with Xanax. Not only that, on Xanax I was finding that I would have periods of forgetfulness, meaning periods of the day. I was at a job interview and I really couldn't tell you what was said by me or the interviewer. I did get the job however."

glendola1234 February 5, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started having horrible extremely bad anxiety attacks for the past 5 months. Since then I've been on so many different medications to help with anxiety. I was first put on gabapentin, which I had a bad time on, horrible reaction that put me in the ER. Got put on clonezapam which worked wonders for me. The uncontrollable crying episodes stopped until I was put on adderal & lexapro which made them come back along with my anxiety attacks. Stopped the adderal & continued the clonezapam & finally came out of that. I still take the lexapro. But now I've developed a upper respiratory infection, having flu like symptoms. I was taking 1mg once a day everyday for almost a month. My doctor told me to take half a 1mg so now that's what I take."

Chyster January 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking clonazepam .5 MG's once daily if needed for over a year now, and let's just say this medicine has done wonders for me! I suffer with horrible panic disorder as well with agoraphobia without clonazepam I probably would never be able to leave my house, I only take it when I need it which is usually three times a week depending but just knowing I have it helps calm me down, I am also on Zoloft 75mgs and the combo works great for me!"

Stefanie M January 20, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication should never be taken as a long term treatment for Anxiety, Panic Attacks etc.. This medication also should be given at low doses to begin 0.5 once or twice a day. The reason for these conclusions is that I first was given clonazepam over 25 years ago after extreme anxiety from a major surgery. My dosage was high (Started 2MGX 3 Day and Eventually 2MG X4 a day) I was on 2 MG X 4 a day for well over 20 years and getting off has been almost impossible, even in a detox center. Even with tapers. This last year we slowly were sort of successful by cutting it back down to 2MG X 3 a day and that took over a year of tapering. I still get the shakes once in a while, this drug is dangerous for now I crave it."

BIG V123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "For me this worked like a miracle drug but be cautious because overuse can be hazardous if you have any fear simply take small breaks between and dont build up a tolerance if used properly I believe it can completely eradicate anxiety even if only temporarily"

Raoul Duke Darko January 11, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given clonazepam after my husband passed away to be able to sleep. It didn't help much so my Dr added half of a tablet. I took the 1.5 tablet which didn't help either. I am at a loss. I already take 2 types of antidepressants. I also hate these drugs that are supposed to help. I'm going to wean myself off of all of these drugs. I can't wait to be see if I feel normal, I hope."

Conniemy January 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on Clonaz for 4 years, on and off. I take 2 mgs as needed. I've had panic/anxiety attacks since I was a child. It wasn't until I got older that I realized what they were. I worry all the time. I can't fly with out this drug. When my anxiety prevents me from sleeping and I have racing thoughts and weird feelings of dread, I take it. 1 or 2 times a week. It's a miracle drug. My anxiety goes from 10/10, the worst I can imagine anyone experiencing anxiety, complete freakout panic with no way out, too bliss, where everything feels peaceful and nothing worries me and life is great. Miracle drug. Although, its extremely scary when I feel I need to take it, and I have to pace around and keep calm until it kicks in 45 minutes later."

internetdude (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was involved in an accident a few months ago that claimed the life of the person I was with and tried to rescue. Both of us had to be flown out; I made it, they didn't. I had prior, minor anxiety issues; but never had the need for medication or treatment. I was one of those people who thought anxiety/panic attacks were more of a mental/attention-seeking action. I was wrong. I now know what it's like to wake up at 1 am (sometimes reliving the scenario) and be in complete chest-pounding panic. I now know what it's like to have certain words or topics of discussion trigger major anxiety issues. I take this (1mg dose) med, as needed (post event, day or night), to help calm anxiety issues; currently 0-3 times per week (more a few months ago)."

LoneSurvivor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Helps my anxiety just generally puts me in a better mood - I can actually deal with life happily now"

willbur franks December 29, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffer from GAD, panic attacks and digestive issues. I am grateful for being prescribed this medication. It has saved me from dozens of visits to the emergency room. Just 0.25mg once in the morning takes off the edge so that I can get on with my day. I tapered off my daily use after 1 year with not too much difficulty except for dizziness, headaches and some anxiety (over 6-8 weeks) Now I just take it twice a week as needed. Some of the side effects that I experience while on this medication is slight forgetfulness and eyes seem sensitive to bright lights. Key is using the lowest dose possible that works for you."

BXGuy December 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I had been on Zoloft for about a year or so which helped manage my anxiety, but didn't help when it came to a very stressful day or event that led to side effects like racing heart, labored breathing, sweating, stomach ulcers, etc. I needed something that I could take immediately to stave an anxiety attack off. My doctor prescribed Klonopin and I'm so grateful for it. For me, it doesn't make me tired, lethargic, or dull me down. I was afraid of a medication that would just sedate me. This drug takes the edge off and makes me feel good enough to continue with my day. I haven't had any side effects."

LauraHayden December 19, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Clonazepam for five years now. I take it for general anxiety disorder. This is a miracle drug. I don't care what the critics say about the idea that it's addictive or that you build up a tolerance or any of the other hundreds of negative things they say about this drug. All the negative effects they claim you'll experience haven't happened to me. And trust me, if anyone feels the side effects of drugs, it's me. All the cold and flu medications, antihistamine, etc. that say they are non drowsy (i.e. Clartin) knock me out completely. Sure, this drug is addictive, but so is your heart medication. If you go off it, you might get a heart attack. Listen to the doctors, not the Internet."

AnthonyJr December 16, 2016