User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"I got prescribed this a few months ago to help alleviate anxiety and panic attacks. It's been a life saver. I only take it as needed since it can be habit-forming, but it works really well. It definitely calms me down."

lavendermoon7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m taking cipralex for depression and ONLY when I feel anxiety I take ½ of 1mg pill. I feel better in 10 min.. good luck to you all."

02051946 (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this med for 2 months it keeps me awake all night..what to do I take it at bed time .Still awake at 4 am"

Sleepless in oh October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At 19 I have been on Buspar, Prozac and Ativan; none of which worked. I can honestly say Clonazepam is the only medication that has ever worked for my severe GAD, SAD and panic attacks. There is always a risk of addiction with benzodiazepines, but if thats the tradeoff to be a functional adult then so be it. I would recommend this only after less habit forming treatments have been ventured."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had facial nervous twitch and anxiety and clonazepam was a blessing in the past working as with the public it was very embarrassing. I can drive with no problems and relaxed me enough to accomplish more also if I talk too fast it slows me down to a normal pace. Sometimes I have insomnia and taking 2 tablet before going to bed did not work. My Doctor said take 1 tablet an hour before going to bed then take a second one after that hour it made a total difference."

Anonymous October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Clonazepam has been a wonderful medication for generalized anxiety, OCD, and PTSD in my case. It helps "round me out" and keeps me feeling stable emotionally. The best part about this medication is that it lasts way longer than other benzodiazepines without the "I need a Xanax now!" feeling when it wears off. It helps prevent anxiety in the first place so as not to need an immediate relief medication. It doesn't make me feel sluggish or depressed. Best anxiety drug I've taken yet!"

thecoochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a survivior of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI'S). I was misdiagnosis bi-polar. I was re-evaluated 10-12 years ago because of a 'fatty liver' condition due to the Seroquel a psychoactive drug. This misdiagnosis was reaffirmed when, I became part of a DNA study. Each individual would need to participate at their own discretion. The point to my comment is for me...clonazepam has been since 2008 now it is 2017 a workable solution with no side effects or health risks or addiction issues. 2017, I have been arbitrarily taken off of clonazepam by a 'physicians assistant' in the mental health field. "We are not treating for depression." This is not logical."

CHAPAWEE10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A few things to know: this medication will change your life. Even taking it once will make you realize that those sad, dark, anxious thoughts in your head is ONLY anxiety. I promise you are going to be okay. There are many people on here searching for meds who suffer from this debilitating anxiety that a lot of others (without anxiety) cannot understand. Klonopin gives you that extra push you need to come to this realization and gets you through dark moments. Another thing: it is not as addictive as Xanax, which is extremely important when deciding which benzo is best for you. Best of luck."

youarenotaloneipromise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Awful drug for me way too sedating could not function at all"

Lexilove216 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been manic psyhotic and on since life since 2009. Doc gave me 0.5 3x as needed. I think I will need only one a day. I take one after breakfast. It's been a while since I've felt this normal."

Krisiwnl (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Has a longer half life than xanax, harder to get addicted, and is a nice smooth way out of feeling anxious."

Nick162092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just received the accord c2 2 mg white clons instead of my usual teva brand. These accord ones are great! Worst generic ones I've had was M stamped mylan"

buckethead129 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

"has stopped my shaking"

peacefully August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug in fact takes me from a 10 of horrible anxiety to about a 3. It has done wonders. It makes me feel like me again when I take it. I can think clearer and more positively. I wish they had an extended release. The only down fall is the only last maybe 4 to 5 hrs which is great to have that break but if it could carry on longer we wouldn't have to take more. Mind you I only take 1 mg a day. I try to be mindful of the addictiveness. I can't even say I'm addicted at all it just helps me be me and not sitting with that dreaded feeling all day in my chest and mind. I also have panic disorder I can't say it helps panic attacks but possibly gives u more courage to do things because I feel so good. And not good as in I feel high. U feel urself."

uniquegirl33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was a good drug short term on 3mg 3xper day for 8 months, but then after stopping was put on xanax 2mg 3x a day, extreme withdrawal, I still can't recover my doctor got in trouble so I get .25 xanax 3 times a day and I use street for rest. These drugs can be hell I wish I had a doctor to help just to taper but no Benzos are killers"

Dchouin (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on a low dosage for my anxiety .5. it makes me feel a bit drowsy at times but it definitely works to shut down anxiety attach"

Lanisha A. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't notice anything good or bad doesn't seem to do anything to be honest so quit taking it."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffered from debilitating generalized anxiety since high school. During university (25 years ago), it really spiked and the doctor I saw suggested rivotril/clonozapem on a longer term regular basis. For many years I took .5mg three times a day without incident. The anxiety never again got out of control...and I never felt need to increase. About 6 years ago, I decided to start cutting back very slowly. Eventually, over a long period, I actually tapered it back to .25mg once in the morning. This worked for two years until my marriage ended recently. I added another .25mg in the evening. My life has not been great, but IMO clonozapem has been a saviour. The GAD I had/have is not bearable. And other approaches alone do not work."

Mr Sal July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, sometimes so bad I was constantly dizzy, out of it and feeling like a completely different person. The pain in my chest would subside after taking this and I would feel better. I'm so thankful my Dr prescribed this to me, and I only take it if I really need it so when I get really bad panic attacks or increased anxiety. Different ones work better for different people, but I will never go on SSRI's again, they made my anxiety 1000 times worse, panic attacks from morning until night, no sleep, couldn't eat. My quality of life was so bad I felt as though ending it would be better. So, I'm happy I have a Dr who listens and cares about my mental state and wants to improve my life."

NICOCARM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I do suffer from Anxiety which elevates my hypertension. I take losartan to control my hypertension when I am not stressed but when the stress kicks in I take the clonzapam. After that my BP 150/95 recedes back to 130/82. I would like to take it every day and probably should but I don't want to become dependent on it. When I stay on it for a few days I see 117/72. It does wonders for my hypertension."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm currently on 2 mg TID (3 times a day). I was a 2 on a scale of 1-10 before I found Klonopin. It has helped me get up to a 7. I also take Paxil. Find a good psychiatrist or doctor who understand that people with anxiety need anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazepines). If you take as prescribed, you will see way more positive than negative."

KlonopinHelps (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Honestly, how well this works depends on the generic you get, and whether it works well for you. In my case, I took off two points for the Sandoz generic. Seriously, Sandoz generic Clonazepam sucks!! But Teva, which some people hate, is so strong that I actually have to divide my dose between morning and evening, or I won't be able to get up. LOL. So, rule of thumb, be VERY careful when switching generics of this drug, because you may get your butt kicked like I did."

a5n8g8e2l4a (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had chronic anxiety since I was a child that worsened over time. Klonipin gave me back my life. There were times that I could not even get a breath from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. This obviously turned into panic attacks. I tried SSRI's and SNRI's that are supposedly safer however, they created more anxiety and they are not at all safer. Seratonin can build up and cause a sudden death. So as long as you do not abuse this medication and see a licensed MD it is safe and effective. I would like to add that I recently found out that I have an adrenal condition that causes anxiety and being treated for that has reduced many of my symptoms so make sure you have a full work up,many endocrine problems are the origin."

Bevc7 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excellent medicine if taken appropriately. Find a Dr who understands anxiety disorders and isn't just an antidepressant pusher. That's the biggest challenge. Once you have a doctor who prescribes what you need you'll be great. I take 2 mgs bid (twice a day) and I'm a different person."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My PCP prescribed this after long term use of Paroxetine was not helping all of the time. I get panic attacks often. Vomiting, pacing, crying, and hyperventilating. Ugly stuff. She prescribed Clonazepam 0.5mg as needed. I was afraid to take it, I have an addictive personality and my siblings have abused benzos in the past. However, I truly take it as needed! I split all of the pills in half. If I take one half before I do something that I know usually triggers an attack, I'm good to go but I'm not usually THAT lucky. If I feel an attack coming on, I take one half. I usually wait 15-30 minutes and take the second half ONLY IF NEEDED. I have come to find that this has been the best thing for my anxiety in conjunction with the Paroxetine."

3ur3ka May 26, 2017