User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

"Been taking Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day as needed for anxiety, some days I only take one. I’m also taking paroxetine 20mg once daily. I love the medication for my social anxiety and I sleep so much better. But I wish I didn’t sleep so much. The other day I slept for 22 hours. Hopefully my body will get used to the medication soon and I won’t feel so tired. But other than sleeping a lot I love the medication. It calms me down and I’m less stressed."

Mickie (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

"I am 34 years old and have been on clonazepam 0.5 twice daily since I was 19. I have never had any side effects and I can truthfully say that it has been an absolute lifesaver for me! I have anxiety disorders, depression and PTSD. I highly recommend it if you have anxiety/panic attacks and it does help me relax and sleep. I've also never had to to increase my dose in all these years while taking them."

Warrior_mama (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2019

"I went to a.psychiatrist because of sleepless nights and he told me that I was having an anxiety and panic attacks. He prescribed me Xanax 250mcg 2x a day and escitalopram 5mg in between. He also prescribed .25mg of clonazepam (rivotril) before going to.bed but still I can't get enough sleep and the anxiety gets worse."

Rel (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2019

"This medicine helps me with my daily activities sometimes my anxiety is so bad I can’t eat or drink my throat feels closed up and my mind is constantly racing with thoughts. I feel as if I’m out of my body and mind I tried getting off of it cold turkey. My withdrawals were horrible I had to retake the medication. Hopefully one day I’ll be back to normal without it but for now it REALLY HELPS!! I’m HAPPY AGAIN"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

"I had severe attacks of anxiety followed by vertigo for over a year that were not treated in time due to the wrong diagnosis of doctors. To shorten the story after a while, I go to a doctor who recognizes the problem and gives me clonazepam, for which I have been around for almost a year. I am 90 percent better after ten months of therapy and even forget about a couple of days to take the drug. My anxiety caused dizziness and I get this unpleasant feeling and I get a little scared, but after taking the medicine it quickly passes."

Toza (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2019

"I just suffered from two weeks of hell, bad continuous unrelenting panic attacks, sudden spike of simple partial seizures, I was starting to feel hopeless exhausted and ready to give up on life. Words can’t describe what I was going through. Desperately went to a medicentre and broke down in front of the doctor about not being able to see my GP for another week and I couldn’t take it anymore and he instantly prescribed the Clonazepam. Within 1 hour I felt normal again and I almost cried tears of joy, and the normal feeling keeps getting better and better. I hope I don’t become dependant though"

Kasandra (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

"My doctor has tried me on many different drugs from gabapenten, seroquil, Xanax, Valium, propranolol, klonadine..nothing works for me except Klonopin. Because of all the studies coming out and many people having adverse reactions to the drug; I am now reduced to taking Advil at 800mg each night and klonadine. I never had withdrawals, gaps in memory, walking around in a zombie state..when I was taking this medicine regularly I even skipped doses. Anyways, I’m not the doctor..and am still be treated like a lab rat for trial and error medications. Sucks"

Someone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2019

"I've taken clonazepam for over twenty years with no side effects, I tried to stop a few times, but the anxiety and mood swings caused me to start again. I just hate the feeling of being so reliant upon it."

Harleyridr (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2019

"I have been taking 0.5 for about 10 years. It helps me sleep much better where before I would wake up with a mind that wouldn't stop. I was on Ambien and that was too much. Happy with my Drs. recommendation as my dosage is pretty low."

Chevy (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2019

"I suffer from GAD which manifests itself by causing PAINFUL knots in my upper back muscles at its worse. I tried aspirin, ibuprofen, and prescription muscle relaxers. Nothing eased the pain except 1.5-2 mg of Clonazepam. After years of taking Clonazepam skipping a day or two here and there, I was curious to see if I would experience withdrawal. Thus, recently I refrained from taking any for 5 days. Thankfully, nothing triggered my anxiety during those 5 days and I also take Lexapro daily (still prone to the trigger point knots in my back even on lexapro if my anxiety is triggered). I didn’t experience any withdrawal symptoms. I guess I am one of the lucky ones after reading about the horrors of Clonazepam withdrawals."

CaraCamel (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2019

"Long story short, I was a police officer for 16yrs. I had the extreme misfortune of having to use deadly force on a horribly confused, and drug enraged 19 yr old kid. Every time I closed my eyes in an effort to sleep, I would re-live the incident as vividly as it was in real life, seeing the young man's face and the confusion in his eyes. I reclused from my wife and children, as well as everyone else. I believed I was too strong to need counselling or medication to help me. After finally realizing I was on the verge of destroying those that I love beyond what words can express, I went to my family Dr, who told me he had been waiting for me to come for help. I was put on Lexapro daily, and 0.5 Clonazepam as needed. It saved me from going insane, I truly believe. It doesn't change the horror of having to do what I did, but does calm my mind so I can get some rest and be a husband and daddy to my angel of a wife and two precious boys.."

TxHP January 27, 2019

"I have been on 2mg clonazepam for more than 5 years. It has done wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks. When I informed the Dr. I was concerned about addiction he advised me I am DEPENDANT on it, not ADDICTED. Addiction is the misuse of a drug he said, big difference! I am allowed 2mg up to 3 times a day but very rarely take more than 2. It has literally changed my life."

Mike (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2019

"The drug is great, calms you, lets you sleep with anxiety and major family illnesses. However do not use on a daily basis after 30 days. I was not informed by my general practitioners (2) to be exact how addictive this med is. Now I am going thru tapering (a nice word for withdrawal) after 8 years. It is worst feeling in the world. Now trying to get into Med Detox. Be very careful with Benzos. In fact only take when you are dying. It will calm your death anxiety."

K (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 15, 2019

"If you’re considering taking clonazepam, this should be a temporary prescription only! I was prescribed this for severe anxiety. What no one will tell you is that this medication is severely addictive to your system . No matter how strong or how healthy you are, you can die from trying to stop the medicine cold turkey. I almost died twice. Whatever anxiety you are feeling now, it will be amplified by 100x’s when it comes to trying to stop the medication; it anchors into your body. I was told that Clonazepam is harder to get off of than Heroin. Just consider that when your doctor tries to prescribe it to you for more than a few weeks. Even then, it should be taken as needed and it should be taken in small doses. And just to be clear, I almost died twice because I was trying to stop taking the medication not because I took too much of it. Hope this helps at least one person’s life"

BackInjuryMan January 14, 2019

"Wonderful medication I have been on 0.5 mg for many years now and sometimes take another 0.5 at night to help me relax and sleep. I do not drink so that's not an issue. I have a sharp memory so no problems there. I have a stressful life and this really helps me to calm and focus myself. I am less shy and can express myself better at work when I take 0.5 which I do everyday. It has helped me so much with my shyness and anxious self I only wish I had sought out help earlier in my life. I am in my late 50's and have taken this for over 10 years. Frankly my cognition and memory are better than others my age. Recommend if constant worry and shyness are holding you back. Just keep dosage steady and don't increase if you don't need to. I do not have an addictive personality so for me this medication is great!"

Flora (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2019

"I was stable on diazepam and was prescribed it off and on for 30 years. I had tried all the SRIs and Selective SRI's with only worsening conditions. I tried them all, some more than once. Finally it dawned on my new GP that I has serotonin syndrome with the SRIs, After 4 months of trying other things, nothing worked. My new pain doctor tried me on clonazepam. The first dose worked wonders. My constantly struggling with anxiety all day was gone. No more waking up with immediate panic attacks either. I am a different man. There is no high with a drug if your body needs it. Same with opioids. Benzos and opioids can safely be used together if you cannot tolerate SRIs due to serotonin syndrome."

Jax103 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

"This product helps reduce anxiety symptoms. Within 45 minutes or less. It can make you tired and glassy eyed. So be careful taking this medicine. I really like this medicine because I can go into public places again without anxiety."

Lovelyvoice10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

"Klonopin helps with panic and anxiety you get before going out in public. It also made me calm without making me feel drugged up or high which allowed me to partake in daily life activities."

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

"Was on clonazepam for 10 years after trying other antidepressants with no relief, had reactions to the antidepressants. Had to find a new Dr due to mine retiring. Have been off the clonazepam for 4 mths and have tried 6 different medications. None have worked for my anxiety and panic attacks. They have continued to get worse than ever before! I have to be on opioids due to many medical conditions and have thyroid problems and autoimmune disorders. Which only make the anxiety worse. Followed all the rules and never abused the clonazepam lowered my dose myself with no problem! Trying to find a new Dr who will prescribe clonazepam is impossible. Just because you have to take opioids too! You are put in the category of an abuser. Which I am not. I just know what work's for me and what does not. Really tired of these Drs not treating there patients because they are more afraid of the black box laws."

Tammy Moulton December 1, 2018

"Severe anxiety in 8 yr old. Was prescribed .5mg of clonazepam to be taken at .25 2X per day. Plan was to follow a week of this with 5mg of prozac and increase to 10mg. Clonazepam was to provide immediate relief. After two days my son become beligerant and angry. We stopped the drug and moved immediately to prozac which takes up to 4 weeks to provide relief. Doctor advised us to try with the CZP again over a long weekend. Results were no relief for anxiety and a renewal of beligerance including hitting and kicking parents and severe anger."

Parentof8yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

"I have been taking clonazepam for over 10 years. I take a 1 mg tablet 3 times a day. It helps me tremendously! I used to have bad panic attacks and I would get so stressed out sometimes that I actually would cut myself to calm down. I started out on a lower dosage and eventually ended up where I am now. At first it caused drowsiness, but not now. As long as I take the correct dosage 3 times per day, I am perfect! If I forget a dose, it doesn't take long before I notice it and my family does too. I have never tried getting off of the clonazepam since I started it. If I tried, I would probably get help from my doctor and taper very slowly. It works and helps me, so I see no need in stopping taking it."

ama (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

"I take clonazepam for depression along with bupropion and it helped me a lot with my mood. I stopped having crisis and crying like I did before when I took only bupropion without clonazepam."

DisturbedDown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2018

"My dr put me on this 0.5mg klonipin when required in 2010. I at first felt confused so I decided to cut pill in half taking 0.25mg as needed. My new dr tried to change it to buspar because of regulations. It did not work for my anxiety I need to take it feel relief within an hr in situations. I was on Ativan in the 80's for a short time. I had to convince my new dr to try it give me 10 pills and see how I do that was 2 wks ago and I have had to take 1/4 or 1/2 pill and settle down in 30-40 min I am 65 use to be a registered nurse wish I had this years ago"

ladybug47 November 9, 2018

"This is excellent every day use for anxiety. My life has been so much better the past 3 years that I've been taking clonazepam. Quality of life, relationships, work, social. I plan to take them the rest of my life. Able to enjoy life and be productive. Helps most when I am manic with bi polar"

ks October 16, 2018

"I get really bad anxiety to a point where my chest get so tight and I can hardly breath and start getting paranoid. Clonazepam has worked so great !!"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018