User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

velv · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“This clonazepam has been a godsend for me. I have severe anxiety and possible panic disorder, so whenever I feel really bad anxiety I take 0.5 mg and feel better within 20-35 minutes. It can also help me sleep sometimes, which is a plus. The only con is that if you take this during the day (I've had to many times) you WILL get drowsy. Other than that, this medication has been amazing for me. I'd definitely recommend it, although everybody is different.”

Maja · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

“This medicine helped me a lot with my problem which is caused by anxiety. I couldn't sleep so my psychiatrist told me to take 1/4 before going to sleep. Now I am afraid that I am addicted.”

Warwick · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 8, 2020

“I’ve been taking this drug and the same amount for 6 yrs , I had the addiction discussion with my Dr . His attitude is I take heart medication which I depend on I take Clonazepam for a heath issue And I depend on it . I have no side effects and I live a normal life because of it , for me it’s been a very positive game changer . I take .250 mg three times a day , three days on and one day off ,”

RobW · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2020

“While it did seem to help anxiety, it didn't take me too long on it to notice that I was having strong self-destructive desires while taking this drug. The warning on google (for klonopin) says clearly under the controlled substance area "Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation" which is the kind of thing I was experiencing on this. One or two days off of this drug, and the self-destructive thoughts went away. Once I stayed off it a few weeks, those thoughts seemed to stay away too. I just wish I could find another way to deal with the anxiety now, though.”

Elle March 4, 2020

“I developed anxiety years ago. Tried SSRI meds but they gave me such bad migraines that the doctor was afraid I’d stroke out. After prescribing me Clonazepam .5mg that I take as needed, it has helped me so much. I don’t have any bad side effects and I can function normally. I’m thankful for it.”

Vicky · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2020

“Klonopin 0.5 mgs has been a life savor. I take it twice a day. No more horrible panic attacks. Really helps my anxiety. I have been on this for years. Never had the desire to take more, because it works for me. This worked great for me!!”

XSH92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“I am 27 years old and my psychiatrist prescribed my Clonazepam 2 years ago when my anxiety and sleep deprivation got out of control. I was prescribed 0.5mg 1-2x daily as needed, but usually taking 1/2-1 (0.25-0.5mg) tablet does the trick. Never had an addiction issue, never had any issues stopping or taking long breaks off of this medication. I don’t abuse it and truly only take the bare minimum as needed. I had tolerance issues with lorazepam and Xanax, where I felt like even after a week, I had to continuously increase my dose, but never with Clonazepam. 0.25-0.5mg is perfect when I do take it. Like with any medication, you just have to be careful and know the risks. I’m grateful that my psychiatrist gave me something that helps. Without this medication I would not be able to function socially, go to work or sleep on my bad days.”

Steph · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 27, 2020

“This is a miracle drug for me. I was on it for 7 years and slowly worked my way off of it 9 weeks ago. Taking 3 months to get off of it. I had the past 9 week be the most awful; it took me till last week to figure out it was anxiety. I could eat, sleep or concentrate. Within 8 hours of my doctor writing me the script. I was back to my normal self!”

skiman0000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2020

“I get annoyed when I google Klooipin and all I see is scare tactic's of how its so dangerous. It's has been a life saver for me for the last 5 years. I never abused it or ever even got the slightest remote high from it. I take 2MG in the morning and 2 MG after 5PM. It literally saved my career as the level of anxiety that come over me was horrible and the only drug that stop my heart from pounding out of my chest is klonopin.”

Naz12 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2020

“I’ve been on Klonopin or Paxam or Revotril which is the Australian brands, for about a year and a half, 2mg a day for severe social anxiety. I tried countless SSRI’s and Valium and Ativan weren’t strong enough. My Psych tried to put me on Seroquel or Zyprexa to get me off but I declined. This medication works wonders for me. I can see my friends, go out to bars/ pubs and generally do my normal daily tasks like working and driving. The enormous downfall is that they are incredibly addictive and the potential for abuse is massive, plus the withdrawals don’t get me started can make you crazy and can be life threatening. You just need to have self control and take it EXACTLY as your doctor tells you to. Otherwise you’re in big trouble. This is a beast of a Benzo (not anywhere near as bad as Xanax) and not to be played with. All the best to those who are trying it!”

Billy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2020

“What should I ask or how should I ask my doctor that the clonazepam that I have been taking for a few years now is not working and I am just getting worse, I have very bad Anxiety and Manic Depression. It's isn't getting better but worse?”

Thankfully ally · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 29, 2020

“I have been having constant panic attacks with my reduced dose of Klonopin to 1/2 pill twice a day of the 0.5mg. I have seen a few different dr.s and I m going back to someone who knows me instead of a stranger that has called my ex husband and left me out in the cold. I have used 2 pills this month to get ahold of my panic and will probably be a couple of days without meds .I don't know what to do since SSRI s don't agree with me”

martoni · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2020

“clonazepam is very effective for anxiety, however dependence and tolerance can develop quickly to some of the effects. Essential to take it in accordance with the medical information provided regarding dosage, side effects and the maximum recommended length of time period can be taken. Longer use can expose you to unexpected mental health issues. Make sure you always mention to your doctor if you take this medication even if using just intermittently.”

StrayCat59 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2020

“I don’t normally write these out, but I’ll make an exception here. Let me start off by saying I only gave it 8 stars because, yes, your body does become addicted to it. I ran out. Once. Tried this “mindfulness” junk for a week before it hit me like a truck. Next thing I know I go from ok to in the ER getting injections of Ativan for my BP being 180/140 and Heart rate off the charts. After the Ativan I was perfect in 10 minutes with a BP of 117/80 and 80 pulse. THAT being said, there’s no denying the drug works. And it works pretty darn good. I had a heart attack at 30 years old. After that experience I developed GAD and it just gotten worse over time. Unfortunately, Klonopin is the only drug that keeps this under control. The fact my BP and heart rate are directly affected by my anxiety condition makes it a double edged sword. I’ve been on it 2 years now at .5mg twice daily. Yeah, you’ll feel a little woozy until your body adjusts, but it will go away.”

Marie January 13, 2020

“This is my second review for Clonazepam. As I stated before, I’ve only used it (for the past 8 years) on an “as needed” basis with favorable results. I do, however believe that this medication is not for everyone! My mother was prescribed this after my dad passed away suddenly and she had a not so favorable experience-brain fog, auditory hallucinations which obviously increased her anxiety. She had similar experiences when she tried Xanax. It’s a shame that Clonozepam has caused some individuals nightmarish results!! Clearly people react differently with this either taking it and/or weaning off of it. As others reviewers have stated, some have little or no problems with weaning and others are thrown into a tail spin that put them in the hospital. You really don’t know how your body will respond to it. My heart goes out to the people who are still struggling with the aftermath of this medication!”

JConrad January 4, 2020

“This has been a life saver for me. I went down a spiral of depression and self destructive behaviour and was very resistant to see a doctor which made things worse. Also, I was scared of the "fame" that follows this substance. Once I decided to see a doctor and started the recommended dose - 0.5mg three times a day - life changed in a very acute way: intrusive thoughts were diminished, concentration went up and productivity went back to what it was before depression set in. It's been 4 years on it at the same dosage. This and the anti-depressant saved my life, once I was on the verge of suicide. Nowadays I allow myself to skip dosages on a few days without any signs of malaise. I can't say my experience is a textbook example of what it does, but in my personal experience I may say it was fundamental to avoid something worse. In my country the recommended treatment limit is about 12 weeks; I'm well past that and, as I mentioned, I'm able to take drug holidays without negative effects.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

“Have been on .5 , .25 and now .17 once daily. Began med 20 months ago. Had almost tapered off after one year all way down to .125, had a traumatic accident and panic attacks began. Back up to .5 for 4 months. This third time on this med. First was 9 years! Taper took 3 months first time, no withdrawal. Second time was 6 years later for only 1 month, no problem getting off. This time has been harder. But going slow and taking control of my taper is do-able. I’m down to .17 for 5 days now. Had one poor sleep on 4th night, 5th night was better and days are ok. I take gabapentin 600 mgs daily (two doses at 300 mgs each, am one and pm one). It calms me and has made this much easier. The reason I started tapering with gaba is I was having breakthrough panic attacks, did not want to increase dose. Instead of going up, I went down. Go slow!!!!! Stick with it. Ask about gabapentin to help. This med stopped panic, but I will never choose it again.”

Anonymous December 31, 2019

“Wish there were negative numbers to rate clonazepam. HORRIBLE stuff. Have been having anxiety and panic attacks over real situations (not just imagined). Took it once and felt like all the life had drained out of the world, not to mention staggering across the room. Cut dosage for second pill in half and felt nothing. Next morning I woke up and felt the worst depression and brain fog I have experienced in my whole life. PLUS extreme anxiety over feeling this way! It CREATES anxiety, plus depression, brain fog and lack of coordination. I'd rather have a "normal" panic attack and anxiety. This stuff is HORRIFIC. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. (To top it all off, people get addicted to it and can't come off it? What kind of bad joke is this stuff? Who paid off the FDA to approve it?!!)”

Sniper · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2019

“Tried other medicines but clonazepam works the best, I take it as needed 0.5mg along with clonidine 0.2mg”

MINIV · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2019

“I’ve been on clonazepam since I was 27 yrs old and I am now 51. I have complex PTSD, diagnosed at age 21. Age 27 I was put on medication. First I was on Zoloft, it gave me worse anxiety and I developed anorexia. Then Paxil I was really anxious and it scared me. I ended up in the hospital for 11 days,( I now know I had serotonin syndrome). I went to the hospital again and the emergency department told me to get off these medications and I was put on klonopin and when they ran out, I couldn’t sleep and was extremely anxious and fearful. I was prescribed 0.5 milligrams twice a day. My Dr now won’t prescribe anymore so I had to go off. I’ve been weaning off since September 2018. It has been hard but overall easy (staying mentally focused is key). I’m now on .25 mg hoping to be off by 2020. This medication saved my life and Helped me get stronger emotionally and psychologically. I honestly wouldn’t recommend any medication for anyone who has PTSD ..therapy is best.”

Nothing · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

“My clonazepam brand is complete garbage. I doubt that there’s a half milligram in a 2 mg pill. They don’t work, and actually cause more anxiety put you into withdrawal, cause massive nausea and headaches and more side effects then I can mention. Making this product in India with poor quality, them shredding documents and you guys selling batches that don’t meet quality standards so you don’t lose profits at the cost of people’s health is disgusting. Even though the FDA is useless from your big money lobbyists I am filing a complaint along with others that had to experience this horrendous fake medication. Everyone that works for this company belong in prison.”

Big White · Taken for 10 years or more December 12, 2019

“I’ve been on Klonopin for almost 25 years. I’ve been mostly .5 mg 3x per day but I usually only take it twice. Klonopin is an excellent medicine for panic and anxiety, which is what I use it for. It takes the edge off. Keep in mind though most medicines have a trade off. For me, Klonopin has been a miracle drug but it does take the edge off everything. Creativity went way down, attention span, sex drive. Memory. Everything. Went off it cold turkey many years ago and it tore me up with withdrawal symptoms.”

Micky · Taken for 10 years or more December 9, 2019

“I've been taking 1mg Clonazepam 3x a day for many years, for MS and anxiety. One week ago I switch to the generic blue pill with the C 1 on it by Accord. It literally has little potency. I immediately made a complaint. Folks, if you have a complaint, nothing will be done unless you call your local FDA office!”

Feetus · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 25, 2019

“Been on 1mg up to 3 times a day as needed for anxiety for the last 3 years. changed my life greatly. Before taking this I would not make eye contact with people was always worried about little things and had ruminating and intrusive thoughts. I was also initially prescribed this for sleep but it does not really make me tired even at the max dose. but great for anxiety and panic disorders”

benzoskillus · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 23, 2019

“PROBLEM is that the new TEVA without the scoreline has been released and DOES NOT work the same as the old version WITH the scoreline its just addicting. it does nothing else. it has caused me to be very sick... teva please, bring back the old formula.”