User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"has stopped my shaking"

peacefully August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug in fact takes me from a 10 of horrible anxiety to about a 3. It has done wonders. It makes me feel like me again when I take it. I can think clearer and more positively. I wish they had an extended release. The only down fall is the only last maybe 4 to 5 hrs which is great to have that break but if it could carry on longer we wouldn't have to take more. Mind you I only take 1 mg a day. I try to be mindful of the addictiveness. I can't even say I'm addicted at all it just helps me be me and not sitting with that dreaded feeling all day in my chest and mind. I also have panic disorder I can't say it helps panic attacks but possibly gives u more courage to do things because I feel so good. And not good as in I feel high. U feel urself."

uniquegirl33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was a good drug short term on 3mg 3xper day for 8 months, but then after stopping was put on xanax 2mg 3x a day, extreme withdrawal, I still can't recover my doctor got in trouble so I get .25 xanax 3 times a day and I use street for rest. These drugs can be hell I wish I had a doctor to help just to taper but no Benzos are killers"

Dchouin (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on a low dosage for my anxiety .5. it makes me feel a bit drowsy at times but it definitely works to shut down anxiety attach"

Lanisha A. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't notice anything good or bad doesn't seem to do anything to be honest so quit taking it."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffered from debilitating generalized anxiety since high school. During university (25 years ago), it really spiked and the doctor I saw suggested rivotril/clonozapem on a longer term regular basis. For many years I took .5mg three times a day without incident. The anxiety never again got out of control...and I never felt need to increase. About 6 years ago, I decided to start cutting back very slowly. Eventually, over a long period, I actually tapered it back to .25mg once in the morning. This worked for two years until my marriage ended recently. I added another .25mg in the evening. My life has not been great, but IMO clonozapem has been a saviour. The GAD I had/have is not bearable. And other approaches alone do not work."

Mr Sal July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, sometimes so bad I was constantly dizzy, out of it and feeling like a completely different person. The pain in my chest would subside after taking this and I would feel better. I'm so thankful my Dr prescribed this to me, and I only take it if I really need it so when I get really bad panic attacks or increased anxiety. Different ones work better for different people, but I will never go on SSRI's again, they made my anxiety 1000 times worse, panic attacks from morning until night, no sleep, couldn't eat. My quality of life was so bad I felt as though ending it would be better. So, I'm happy I have a Dr who listens and cares about my mental state and wants to improve my life."

NICOCARM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I do suffer from Anxiety which elevates my hypertension. I take losartan to control my hypertension when I am not stressed but when the stress kicks in I take the clonzapam. After that my BP 150/95 recedes back to 130/82. I would like to take it every day and probably should but I don't want to become dependent on it. When I stay on it for a few days I see 117/72. It does wonders for my hypertension."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm currently on 2 mg TID (3 times a day). I was a 2 on a scale of 1-10 before I found Klonopin. It has helped me get up to a 7. I also take Paxil. Find a good psychiatrist or doctor who understand that people with anxiety need anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazepines). If you take as prescribed, you will see way more positive than negative."

KlonopinHelps (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Honestly, how well this works depends on the generic you get, and whether it works well for you. In my case, I took off two points for the Sandoz generic. Seriously, Sandoz generic Clonazepam sucks!! But Teva, which some people hate, is so strong that I actually have to divide my dose between morning and evening, or I won't be able to get up. LOL. So, rule of thumb, be VERY careful when switching generics of this drug, because you may get your butt kicked like I did."

a5n8g8e2l4a (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had chronic anxiety since I was a child that worsened over time. Klonipin gave me back my life. There were times that I could not even get a breath from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. This obviously turned into panic attacks. I tried SSRI's and SNRI's that are supposedly safer however, they created more anxiety and they are not at all safer. Seratonin can build up and cause a sudden death. So as long as you do not abuse this medication and see a licensed MD it is safe and effective. I would like to add that I recently found out that I have an adrenal condition that causes anxiety and being treated for that has reduced many of my symptoms so make sure you have a full work up,many endocrine problems are the origin."

Bevc7 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excellent medicine if taken appropriately. Find a Dr who understands anxiety disorders and isn't just an antidepressant pusher. That's the biggest challenge. Once you have a doctor who prescribes what you need you'll be great. I take 2 mgs bid (twice a day) and I'm a different person."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My PCP prescribed this after long term use of Paroxetine was not helping all of the time. I get panic attacks often. Vomiting, pacing, crying, and hyperventilating. Ugly stuff. She prescribed Clonazepam 0.5mg as needed. I was afraid to take it, I have an addictive personality and my siblings have abused benzos in the past. However, I truly take it as needed! I split all of the pills in half. If I take one half before I do something that I know usually triggers an attack, I'm good to go but I'm not usually THAT lucky. If I feel an attack coming on, I take one half. I usually wait 15-30 minutes and take the second half ONLY IF NEEDED. I have come to find that this has been the best thing for my anxiety in conjunction with the Paroxetine."

3ur3ka May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A new doctor switched me from lorazepam to this a few years ago. It was awful. I had horrific nightmares and was afraid to go to sleep. I know that sounds juvenile but I was truly afraid. I didn't get much sleep for the four days I was on it. A few naps in the afternoon. Thankfully I wasn't working but I felt horrible. Thing that scared me enough to tell the doctor it wasn't working for me: drove to the airport to pick up my husband and I had no recall of how I got there."

lonestar26 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Yes stopped anxiety in its tracks BUT and a big but it is very addictive and getting off of it has been very difficult EVEN when using a titration method of slowly decreasing dose. I went as high as taking 3mg over a 3-year period. The withdrawal from this drug for me was incredible it's been a month that I have been off of it and the anxiety and "brain fog" are intense, I'm hoping this goes away over time as it's very difficult to concentrate. Do your homework BEFORE taking this medicine. Be well."

Freedog (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had terrible anxiety attacks .Have been on 0.5 mg for years. Really helped."

Decorater (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So, I used to have pretty debilitating anxiety. When I finally went to my doctor, he diagnosed me with a panic disorder and gave me clonazopam. Like any other drug of this sort, how responsible you are with medicine should determine if you take this or not. He gave to to me and told me to take it once at night when I went to bed, and then as needed if I was having a panic attack. This made me a little bit drowsy in the morning, so I stopped taking it at night and switched to just as needed which he said was fine. I have 1mg tablets, and take 1/2 at a time. I TRULY TAKE THIS AS NEEDED, and have never needed to increase my dose. At sight of a panic attack (maybe 3x a month now, used to be everyday) I take one, and it goes away."

(: (: (: May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication was useful for the first few months but I have spent the last six tapering and getting off of it, it is truly poison and was NEVER meant to be taken long term, you will develop a tolerance keep needing more and more to achieve the same affect, it causes memory issues, fertility problems and increased anxiety over time, agoraphobia and depression. Getting off of it almost ruined my life but was the best decision I ever made, please for the love of all do not ever touch this medication, there are other ways"

Songbird127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have taken these for a few yrs and its given me my life back. Its a much more even keel positive experience than say valium or xanax. It comes on slowly and lasts for a decent amount of time. I can't say anything negative about it. I've gone a few days without it and never experienced anything dramatic. I think and function very well under klonapin, and it gets a 10 in my book."

REBELWITHAKAUZE (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Fantastic All I have to say I have bad anxiety since high school. Had social issues in school for as long as I can remember and it affected me severely even into the college years. Should have had it prescribed years earlier, but it has worked incredibly well for me since 2013. I ONLY take AS TRULY NEEDED.....this can be very addictive, so one MUST USE RESPONSIBLY. P.S. Xanax sucked."

Patient111 April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've suffered from severe agoraphobia and anxiety for about two years now. I missed so many opportunities because I was a scared of leaving my comfort-zone and I was experiencing a panic attack. I tried Celexa for a time, but it wasn't helpful and I continued to get worse and worse. Eventually, I felt severe anxiety whenever I left my house and experienced panic attacks on any trip that took longer than 10-15 minutes. Trying clonazepam has COMPLETELY changed my life for that better. Just 1.5 mg and suddenly I can travel 30-40 minutes down town, no anxiety or panic in sight. I've been going out more, confident and happier than I've ever been- I finally remember what it was like to live without agoraphobia. I owe everything to this wonderful drug!!"

Rose C. April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works well. Benzos are very helpful if used appropriately. I take 1-2 mg twice a day and I have my life back. Everybody is different. I'm a male in my 20's with a family history of anxiety, and I prefer Klonopin over Xanax for sure. Dosage is relative to the specific individual and their symptoms. My pdoc was not willing to prescribe this long term or at the dosage I need. Thankfully my psychiatrist has a clue and has helped me enormously."

Bengals (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Clonazepam has relieved anxiety for me in extreme situations, after invasive cancer surgery this medication along with oxycodone made my recovery a lot more humane."

Lucia1999 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017