User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 663 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety. 82% of those users who reviewed Clonazepam reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

deeprazz · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 29, 2021

“I've been taking clonazepam for about eight years for social anxiety, OCD, and PTSD. I usually take 0.25mg or 0.5mg a few times a week. Pros: It helps my anxiety tremendously. It makes it so much easier to socialize and focus. It helped me accomplished things I never thought I would. Cons: It impairs my memory a little bit and makes me a bit sleepy. Also, if I take it too many days in a row or at higher dosages, I experience depressive symptoms, namely a lack of motivation and trouble feeling pleasure. All in all, if you have really intense anxiety that hinders your ability to function in daily life, I'd recommend this medication. However, I personally prefer not to take high dosages or take it too frequently, as that can cause depression. Also, be aware that the drug can be extremely hard to get off of due to physical dependence/withdrawal symptoms.”

May · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 19, 2021

“I just read a review from TexMex. I was so happy to see that someone else is taking a super low dose (.125mg). I take this dose once or twice a week. Sometimes I can go a week or two without taking any. I started keeping a journal to look for triggers. I finally discovered situations that would trigger an attack (sometimes, not always). I have started taking .125 mg before going into these situations and 90% of my anxiety is gone. I feel somewhat normal again. For those of you complaining about feeling sleepy, try taking a little less than what is prescribed. It might not work for you, but with this drug less is better. Good Luck and Thanks TexMex!!”

AAA · Taken for 10 years or more April 19, 2021

“For panic attacks and general anxiety, this drug is awesome! I have kept this drug in my home for about 15 years. I go months without it. However, when anxiety hits, I can take .5mg and I get relief within 20-30 min. I have taken 1 mg at night to sleep during these times. I might take this drug several days in a row. Then I can go long periods of time without it again. It is a life saver for me.”

Just want peace · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2021

“I never took an aspirin until 3 years ago when not only did I suffer trauma and the ensuing PTSD at the ripe old age of 60, but I also was diagnosed with an incurable, chronic autoimmune disease. I am now 63 and after having tried multiple SSRI's, which do nothing, I was prescribed clonazapam. I take 1 mg once a day. I was warned about all the side effects....dependency, tolerance, etc and quite frankly, I do not care. If this drug keeps me alive and calms my thoughts, and makes me want to live. My dr is in full agreement with taking this for the rest of my days. Quality of life versus quantity....I have no intention of coming off of it...therefore withdrawal will not be an issue.”

skiman0000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2020

“I get annoyed when I google Klooipin and all I see is scare tactic's of how its so dangerous. It's has been a life saver for me for the last 5 years. I never abused it or ever even got the slightest remote high from it. I take 2MG in the morning and 2 MG after 5PM. It literally saved my career as the level of anxiety that come over me was horrible and the only drug that stop my heart from pounding out of my chest is klonopin.”

Michelle · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 26, 2020

“Ive been on numerous medications over the last 20 years. Including xanax. About 15 years ago my doctor put me on klonopin. For the first time I felt better. About 5 years later I switched insurance company's and had my new doctor switch me to xanax. Which worked fine. After that I've had about 4 different psychiatrist and none of them liked xanax so they took me off of them. And put me on other meds that did not work. So I've suffered for the last 4 years. I have PTSD and anxiety. Finally I just got a new psychiatrist and she put me back on klonopin. And I'm so relieved. I feel so much better. Don't let anyone tell you its a bad medication. I never had withdrawals years ago when I quit taking them. They have helped me better than any other medication.”

Casey · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 21, 2020

“On Klonopinfor anxiety and insomnia. Klonopin saved my life. It also improved every relationship I treasure. I've taken it for 8 years and my work has improved, my relationships have improved and I'm more relaxed. Also, my base dose has NOT increased beyond 1.0 mg a day. Often it's just .25mg a day. Personally, I don't have any plan to stop taking it. My wife says I'm better in everyday on it...including the bedroom. So there....:)”

Warwick · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 8, 2020

“I’ve been taking this drug and the same amount for 6 yrs , I had the addiction discussion with my Dr . His attitude is I take heart medication which I depend on I take Clonazepam for a heath issue And I depend on it . I have no side effects and I live a normal life because of it , for me it’s been a very positive game changer . I take .250 mg three times a day , three days on and one day off ,”

velv · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“This clonazepam has been a godsend for me. I have severe anxiety and possible panic disorder, so whenever I feel really bad anxiety I take 0.5 mg and feel better within 20-35 minutes. It can also help me sleep sometimes, which is a plus. The only con is that if you take this during the day (I've had to many times) you WILL get drowsy. Other than that, this medication has been amazing for me. I'd definitely recommend it, although everybody is different.”

Paulo December 14, 2020

“This medicine is one of the best medicine for anxiety and PTSD. It helps very little for my fibro but so thankful. I can cope with my other medical issues way better. If it would not be for this med I would be dead now.”

kamoroj · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life.”

Becoolyolanda October 3, 2019

“Ok so here’s the thing. This medication was recommended to me after I told my doctor that I no longer wanted to use Xanax given it’s newly acquired bad reputation. I’m on 0.5 (an immensely small dose) and it’s helped tremendously. Lost multiple friends and family members this year and my stress levels have been through the roof. On such a small dose both my mother (a licensed practitioner) and my doctor are not worried about it forming some sort of full blown addiction. As needed is the way to be. Don’t take them “once a day as needed” take them as YOU need them not every day. Don’t worry about the side effects. Don’t worry about the stigma. Just heal. And if this happens to be an aid in healing for the time being well, then so be it”

XSH92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“I am 27 years old and my psychiatrist prescribed my Clonazepam 2 years ago when my anxiety and sleep deprivation got out of control. I was prescribed 0.5mg 1-2x daily as needed, but usually taking 1/2-1 (0.25-0.5mg) tablet does the trick. Never had an addiction issue, never had any issues stopping or taking long breaks off of this medication. I don’t abuse it and truly only take the bare minimum as needed. I had tolerance issues with lorazepam and Xanax, where I felt like even after a week, I had to continuously increase my dose, but never with Clonazepam. 0.25-0.5mg is perfect when I do take it. Like with any medication, you just have to be careful and know the risks. I’m grateful that my psychiatrist gave me something that helps. Without this medication I would not be able to function socially, go to work or sleep on my bad days.”

Benzos aren't bad · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 17, 2021

“This med provides instant relief for my anxiety and negative thoughts. I only take 2 mg every other day but of course my doctor wants me off of it because it causes dependency and dementia. Well there are a lot of meds including over the counter sleep aids that have been linked to dementia and aren't controlled substances. Have taken antidepressants in the past for anxiety and currently trying another that has yet to kick in. They either don't work for me or cause awful side effects. For some people, Benzos are the only thing that keeps them calm. I can focus, relax, dive into tasks I put off, be social, and it also helps with pain and I can sleep better. I hope this medication is not outlawed.”

TheScienceGuy616 October 18, 2020

“Been taking clonazepam for a decade. 2mg per day, was at 6mg per day max a few years back. Helps tremendously. Tolerance for me doesn’t increase like other Benzos like Ativan and Xanax does. Negative side effects are very few other than maybe dry mouth.”

Vicky · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2020

“Klonopin 0.5 mgs has been a life savor. I take it twice a day. No more horrible panic attacks. Really helps my anxiety. I have been on this for years. Never had the desire to take more, because it works for me. This worked great for me!!”

bjsd October 18, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have.”

Eddie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 22, 2021

“This medicine is a godsend if you do not have addictive qualities. I thank God that my tolerance to this drug does NOT increase. I have taken higher doses that would cause non-users severe amnesia (2-4mg) and they actually do not work hardly any better than just a simple .5mg dose. If you are struggling with anxiety I would highly recommend taking this with perhaps celexa, and do not think twice about trying a regimen of 3 times per day. Yes, in the morning it does not cause me drowsiness. Clonazepam saved my life: got rid of rapid mood swings, gave me hope that I could calm down, and no intense withdrawals or cravings. Saved me from having to take antipsychotics for agitation and saved my marriage. The prescription guidelines for this drug are too harsh because of the general drug crisis and short acting Benzos. The prescribing guidelines specifically say that it does help a certain population with daily use, your average doctor simply doesn't want to deal with you. Blessings to all.”

Elle March 4, 2020

“I developed anxiety years ago. Tried SSRI meds but they gave me such bad migraines that the doctor was afraid I’d stroke out. After prescribing me Clonazepam .5mg that I take as needed, it has helped me so much. I don’t have any bad side effects and I can function normally. I’m thankful for it.”

Karen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2021

“Mild to moderate anxiety attacks. My doctor prescribed 0.25 mg as needed. If I take one it calms me down but I’m sleepy. I have been taking 0.125 mg 2-3 days a week. It’s all I need to take the edge off. Twice my anxiety has been bad enough to take an extra .125 mg a few hours after the first dose. I have never taken more than that.”

Anne Regret · Taken for 10 years or more June 11, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Yes, this medication works. It works very well for chronic anxiety disorder and sudden onsets of severe panic attacks. Knowing what I know now, I wish with all my being it had never ever been prescribed to me, and without the absurd nonchalance dozens of practitioners have portrayed. I'm 32 and have been prescribed clonazopam for 14 years. Ive been in situations where my health insurance is in transition and I must go off the medication abruptly-- this is when I realized how deep I was. Weeks upon weeks of non stop physical, emotional, and psychological withdrawal effects that are like hell. Words cannot accurately describe just how awful it is. This, again, has been my experience during withdrawal as a long term clonazopam patient. All skin, especially the face, becomes numb. Vision gets fuzzy and difficult to see clearly. Panic attacks become extremely exasperated, frequent and debilitating. Severe irritability. Worst of all: a terrifying disconnection between your mind and body; as if you're an onlooker watching and feeling this horrible thing happen to you, but not actually feeling connected to any of it-- that one is tough to explain. All of this... It can lasts months, maybe more. That's right. Not just some one week hump to overcome. After finding how awful the withdrawal is I've been attempting to ween very very slowly down from 3 2mg doses per day to eventually zero, hopefully. After six months of gradually decreases in dose I'm now at 2- 1mg doses per day and I'm not sure how or if I can go much less than that. No doctors I've had have been of any help. The ween down was my idea and the rate of it was also my idea based on experience. It sure would be nice to meet a doctor that truly had knowledge of this withdrawal syndrome and took it a bit more seriously. I am confident that the medication is no longer treating my anxiety disorder, but simply preventing withdrawal from the meds themselves. And there don't seem to be any good alternatives. It's a long road ahead, please think it over and over with someone knowledgeable before being so quick to embrace this miracle drug. The truth is that most of us actually need very real psychotherapy, not chemicals that run our lives. Once again, all my point of view from my personal experience. It feels very good to share this.”

Joe Shoe · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now.”

Stjohnsriverrat · Taken for 10 years or more September 10, 2019

“I've taken 1mg daily for anxiety and panic attacks for over 20 years. I've never experienced any side effects from Clonazepam. I've tried to stop, and have been successful, but the anxiety and panic attacks return. I live a much better quality of life with it, and I accept that.”

luckybug7 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 23, 2020

“I was on 0.5 - 1mg Klonopin daily for GAD and panic disorder for 6.5 years. Knowing what I know now about benzodiazepines, I'm not sure how my doctors ever let this fly. They should only be prescribed for short-term use (or on a PRN basis only), and certainly not daily use for YEARS on end. Withdrawals were a nightmare and it took months for me to feel back to normal again. When people talk about the withdrawals, they aren't joking... and this was with a SLOW AND STEADY taper!! Benzos like Klonopin absolutely serve a purpose and work very well, just make sure you take it daily short-term or if you are on it for a prolonged period of time, only as needed!”

rmahon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This is the drug that was a total game changer for me. I was on effexor and abilify because of severe depression and suicidal ideation (at only 19 :(). While the abilify and effexor helped with the depression, I was extremely anxious, jumpy, panicky, and unable to sleep at all. Klonopin changed all that. I am now able to do anything with no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, and am visibly much less tense and more relaxed than I have ever been. I can go to work, take public transport, and interact with customers with absolutely NO anxiety anymore. If you sound like me, I highly suggest at least giving this medication a try. It saved my life.”

veronika8384 June 15, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I've been on 1mg / day of Klonopin for over 2 years now, for social anxiety disorder. It saved my life, which was spinning out of control. Panic attacks that would come out of nowhere. Embarrassing social situations, awful feelings of dread. It's settled me back down ad allowed me to be myself again, more or less. I hate the fact that I am dependent on a drug to be "normal". It's a secret I keep from everyone in my life. I know I'm dependent on it now because I went 3 days without it once, and on the 3rd day, I was Mr. Anxiety again, but worse. Trembling hands, motor skills out of whack, disorientation. ”

Leilei · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2020

“I've always taken clonazepam as prescribed for severe anxiety. Tolerance developed quickly and Drs kept upping my dose while adding other medications. Up until 2 years ago I would have given it a 10 as I had no idea what was happening or coming at me. It has messed up my blood pressure and I have tachycardia now so I need to get off it. THIS IS AWFUL. I have been on 1 mg 2 x daily and down to 1.5 a day. I don't know if I can get to 1 mg a day. Believe every horror story on here because if you ever want/need off this ride you better buckle up. Find another way. Don't make this an option.”

TexMex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 15, 2021

“My doctor gave me a prescription one year ago for anxiety. It says to take .25-.5 mg daily as needed. I am scared to get hooked on this drug. I didn't take it for a long time. Then one day I had bad stress and anxiety. I finally took .25 mg. It worked but it made me very sleepy. I don't want something that knocks me out! I just want to feel normal. The next time I was feeling anxiety/stress, I took .125 mg. (1/4 of a .5mg tablet) This was perfect for me. It didn't make be sleepy, but I felt calm after an hour of taking it. I am a petite woman so maybe a smaller dose is all I need. I can always take another .125 mg if I need to. I'm still afraid of the drug, but as long as I don't take it every day it might be ok. My doctor says if I can get by on such a tiny dose I will be fine.”