User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 721 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety. 82% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 9% reported a negative experience.

Clonazepam rating summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

Just want peace · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 22, 2021

“I never took an aspirin until 3 years ago when not only did I suffer trauma and the ensuing PTSD at the ripe old age of 60, but I also was diagnosed with an incurable, chronic autoimmune disease. I am now 63 and after having tried multiple SSRI's, which do nothing, I was prescribed clonazapam. I take 1 mg once a day. I was warned about all the side effects....dependency, tolerance, etc and quite frankly, I do not care. If this drug keeps me alive and calms my thoughts, and makes me want to live. My dr is in full agreement with taking this for the rest of my days. Quality of life versus quantity....I have no intention of coming off of it...therefore withdrawal will not be an issue.”

skiman0000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years · February 24, 2020

“I get annoyed when I google Klooipin and all I see is scare tactic's of how its so dangerous. It's has been a life saver for me for the last 5 years. I never abused it or ever even got the slightest remote high from it. I take 2MG in the morning and 2 MG after 5PM. It literally saved my career as the level of anxiety that come over me was horrible and the only drug that stop my heart from pounding out of my chest is klonopin.”

Michelle · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 26, 2020

“Ive been on numerous medications over the last 20 years. Including xanax. About 15 years ago my doctor put me on klonopin. For the first time I felt better. About 5 years later I switched insurance company's and had my new doctor switch me to xanax. Which worked fine. After that I've had about 4 different psychiatrist and none of them liked xanax so they took me off of them. And put me on other meds that did not work. So I've suffered for the last 4 years. I have PTSD and anxiety. Finally I just got a new psychiatrist and she put me back on klonopin. And I'm so relieved. I feel so much better. Don't let anyone tell you its a bad medication. I never had withdrawals years ago when I quit taking them. They have helped me better than any other medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · June 14, 2021

“This medication is not for everyone but the stigma within the medical community is making it difficult for people who desperately need it to get access. This medication is the best thing I have ever used for my anxiety. I have never had any success with antidepressants, (I've tried all classes) they all made me sick and more anxious and some even caused serotonin syndrome (which clonazepam saved me from too) This medication helps me to learn how to grow from my anxiety, to help me sleep better, and most of all works amazing. Taking it is honestly like a built in therapy session because I learn about my toxic actions that are absent when I'm not anxious. I only take it when absolutely needed. I love it so much please be kind to people who use this as their medication monotherapy.”

Casey · Taken for 5 to 10 years · August 21, 2020

“On Klonopinfor anxiety and insomnia. Klonopin saved my life. It also improved every relationship I treasure. I've taken it for 8 years and my work has improved, my relationships have improved and I'm more relaxed. Also, my base dose has NOT increased beyond 1.0 mg a day. Often it's just .25mg a day. Personally, I don't have any plan to stop taking it. My wife says I'm better in everyday on it...including the bedroom. So there....:)”

kamoroj · Taken for 5 to 10 years · November 9, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life.”

Becoolyolanda · October 3, 2019

“Ok so here’s the thing. This medication was recommended to me after I told my doctor that I no longer wanted to use Xanax given it’s newly acquired bad reputation. I’m on 0.5 (an immensely small dose) and it’s helped tremendously. Lost multiple friends and family members this year and my stress levels have been through the roof. On such a small dose both my mother (a licensed practitioner) and my doctor are not worried about it forming some sort of full blown addiction. As needed is the way to be. Don’t take them “once a day as needed” take them as YOU need them not every day. Don’t worry about the side effects. Don’t worry about the stigma. Just heal. And if this happens to be an aid in healing for the time being well, then so be it”

Guitpack · Taken for 10 years or more · March 7, 2022

“I have suffered from anxiety on and off throughout my life depending on circumstances going on around me. With the last 2+ years , lockdowns, isolation, starting a new job I found a slow buildup coming for a while and it finally hit me about a month ago. I take Zoloft but when I get really bad Klonopin is an absolute life saver, LITERALLY. I just try to limit when and how I take it. I read my body and if it is evening time and I feel my panic and stress level rising and know I won't sleep I take a .5mg and it helps very quickly. The physical toll anxiety has on your body to me is far worse than needing a helpful medication. I do not know where I would be without it and I am 52 years old now. I still do positive things like meditation, exercise, eat well, and no alcohol, as well as a stress counselor. I feel this medication is the best solution for anxiety. I hope this post helps someone.”

Dave1975 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · November 21, 2021

“Oh man...where to start.Well let me start with this, I fell in love with the contentment that this drug brought on. It took my anxiety and whisked it away like a hawk hovering overhead and about to devour its prey. Normalcy was a spell cast by a potion made up of medicine, contentment and confidence. The truth with this drug is we learn to like things that changes is for the better. If you stop taking it it would bring on bad symptoms made up of fear and uncertainty. Why risk that? This drug worked for me and I'll take it forever. It doesn't mean we're addicts. It just means we're surviving. Best wishes to all.”

Warwick · Taken for 5 to 10 years · March 8, 2020

“I’ve been taking this drug and the same amount for 6 yrs , I had the addiction discussion with my Dr . His attitude is I take heart medication which I depend on I take Clonazepam for a heath issue And I depend on it . I have no side effects and I live a normal life because of it , for me it’s been a very positive game changer . I take .250 mg three times a day , three days on and one day off ,”

bjsd · October 18, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have.”

velv · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 9, 2020

“This clonazepam has been a godsend for me. I have severe anxiety and possible panic disorder, so whenever I feel really bad anxiety I take 0.5 mg and feel better within 20-35 minutes. It can also help me sleep sometimes, which is a plus. The only con is that if you take this during the day (I've had to many times) you WILL get drowsy. Other than that, this medication has been amazing for me. I'd definitely recommend it, although everybody is different.”

Stjohnsriverrat · Taken for 10 years or more · September 10, 2019

“I've taken 1mg daily for anxiety and panic attacks for over 20 years. I've never experienced any side effects from Clonazepam. I've tried to stop, and have been successful, but the anxiety and panic attacks return. I live a much better quality of life with it, and I accept that.”

Paulo · December 14, 2020

“This medicine is one of the best medicine for anxiety and PTSD. It helps very little for my fibro but so thankful. I can cope with my other medical issues way better. If it would not be for this med I would be dead now.”

XSH92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 3, 2020

“I am 27 years old and my psychiatrist prescribed my Clonazepam 2 years ago when my anxiety and sleep deprivation got out of control. I was prescribed 0.5mg 1-2x daily as needed, but usually taking 1/2-1 (0.25-0.5mg) tablet does the trick. Never had an addiction issue, never had any issues stopping or taking long breaks off of this medication. I don’t abuse it and truly only take the bare minimum as needed. I had tolerance issues with lorazepam and Xanax, where I felt like even after a week, I had to continuously increase my dose, but never with Clonazepam. 0.25-0.5mg is perfect when I do take it. Like with any medication, you just have to be careful and know the risks. I’m grateful that my psychiatrist gave me something that helps. Without this medication I would not be able to function socially, go to work or sleep on my bad days.”

Anne Regret · Taken for 10 years or more · June 11, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Yes, this medication works. It works very well for chronic anxiety disorder and sudden onsets of severe panic attacks. Knowing what I know now, I wish with all my being it had never ever been prescribed to me, and without the absurd nonchalance dozens of practitioners have portrayed. I'm 32 and have been prescribed clonazopam for 14 years. Ive been in situations where my health insurance is in transition and I must go off the medication abruptly-- this is when I realized how deep I was. Weeks upon weeks of non stop physical, emotional, and psychological withdrawal effects that are like hell. Words cannot accurately describe just how awful it is. This, again, has been my experience during withdrawal as a long term clonazopam patient. All skin, especially the face, becomes numb. Vision gets fuzzy and difficult to see clearly. Panic attacks become extremely exasperated, frequent and debilitating. Severe irritability. Worst of all: a terrifying disconnection between your mind and body; as if you're an onlooker watching and feeling this horrible thing happen to you, but not actually feeling connected to any of it-- that one is tough to explain. All of this... It can lasts months, maybe more. That's right. Not just some one week hump to overcome. After finding how awful the withdrawal is I've been attempting to ween very very slowly down from 3 2mg doses per day to eventually zero, hopefully. After six months of gradually decreases in dose I'm now at 2- 1mg doses per day and I'm not sure how or if I can go much less than that. No doctors I've had have been of any help. The ween down was my idea and the rate of it was also my idea based on experience. It sure would be nice to meet a doctor that truly had knowledge of this withdrawal syndrome and took it a bit more seriously. I am confident that the medication is no longer treating my anxiety disorder, but simply preventing withdrawal from the meds themselves. And there don't seem to be any good alternatives. It's a long road ahead, please think it over and over with someone knowledgeable before being so quick to embrace this miracle drug. The truth is that most of us actually need very real psychotherapy, not chemicals that run our lives. Once again, all my point of view from my personal experience. It feels very good to share this.”

Joe Shoe · Taken for less than 1 month · October 25, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now.”

Vicky · Taken for 2 to 5 years · March 3, 2020

“Klonopin 0.5 mgs has been a life savor. I take it twice a day. No more horrible panic attacks. Really helps my anxiety. I have been on this for years. Never had the desire to take more, because it works for me. This worked great for me!!”

rmahon · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 19, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This is the drug that was a total game changer for me. I was on effexor and abilify because of severe depression and suicidal ideation (at only 19 :(). While the abilify and effexor helped with the depression, I was extremely anxious, jumpy, panicky, and unable to sleep at all. Klonopin changed all that. I am now able to do anything with no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, and am visibly much less tense and more relaxed than I have ever been. I can go to work, take public transport, and interact with customers with absolutely NO anxiety anymore. If you sound like me, I highly suggest at least giving this medication a try. It saved my life.”

JPinMD · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 6, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This drug is great. Sure you can go med free, which I've done, to prove to yourself that anxiety can't hurt you and there is nothing to fear (blah blah blah) - BUT my life truly was misery with this approach. What's the point, I told myself, of proving I can tough it out. Left unchecked anxiety can spin you into fearing all kinds of silly stuff - doctor/dentist visits, flying, being stuck in traffic, shopping .... Klonopin kills the deep down anxiety. Oh - and if all you have is anxiety (no depression) - stay far far away from the antidepressants......some friendly advice.”

Patient67 · June 13, 2021

“This is a great medication for me. It alleviates the cycle of negative thinking that spirals into a panic in my mind. I have 0.5 mg tabs. Sometimes I use 1/4, 1/2 or a whole one or in bad circumstances I take 2, or 1 mg. It takes about an hour to notice it working and I feel more relaxed over the next several hours as it is gentle. I honestly could probably use 1 mg or even 2 mg a day for how high my anxiety gets but I don't want to back myself in a corner with this drug. My advice, take it easy with them. Don't rush to one every time you feel a little anxious. But don't be afraid of something that can help you tremendously! Xanax worked the best for me and helped with anxious depression too. Klonopin is my 2nd most helpful, with Ativan being very very close. Tapering off can be done if you want or need to. But be kind to yourself, anxiety is awful in that it never sleeps.”

TheScienceGuy616 · October 18, 2020

“Been taking clonazepam for a decade. 2mg per day, was at 6mg per day max a few years back. Helps tremendously. Tolerance for me doesn’t increase like other Benzos like Ativan and Xanax does. Negative side effects are very few other than maybe dry mouth.”

Benzos aren't bad · Taken for 5 to 10 years · March 17, 2021

“This med provides instant relief for my anxiety and negative thoughts. I only take 2 mg every other day but of course my doctor wants me off of it because it causes dependency and dementia. Well there are a lot of meds including over the counter sleep aids that have been linked to dementia and aren't controlled substances. Have taken antidepressants in the past for anxiety and currently trying another that has yet to kick in. They either don't work for me or cause awful side effects. For some people, Benzos are the only thing that keeps them calm. I can focus, relax, dive into tasks I put off, be social, and it also helps with pain and I can sleep better. I hope this medication is not outlawed.”

tattooedkoi · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 20, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Have done the full arsenal of anti-depressants with minimal to no resolution of my SAD/GAD. I am a generally healthy 48 year old male that mysteriously 2 years ago developed intense GAD/SAD: terrified flop sweats in meetings, avoidance of all social gatherings/interaction, non-stop anxiousness, and a handful of panic attacks. Under recommendation from my therapist my GP reluctantly prescribed clonazepan (Klonopin). 1 mg 2 x day. The full 1 mg made me a bit glassy eyed and dull. Reducing to 0.5 mg in the morning - to handle work-related anxiety and 1mg at night before bed. Success! I am close to the goofy outgoing person I was before the anxiety kicked in full-force. Bravo! I have found the right mix - finally.”

Elle · March 4, 2020

“I developed anxiety years ago. Tried SSRI meds but they gave me such bad migraines that the doctor was afraid I’d stroke out. After prescribing me Clonazepam .5mg that I take as needed, it has helped me so much. I don’t have any bad side effects and I can function normally. I’m thankful for it.”