User Reviews for Clonazepam systemic

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"This product helps reduce anxiety symptoms. Within 45 minutes or less. It can make you tired and glassy eyed. So be careful taking this medicine. I really like this medicine because I can go into public places again without anxiety."

Lovelyvoice10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

"Klonopin helps with panic and anxiety you get before going out in public. It also made me calm without making me feel drugged up or high which allowed me to partake in daily life activities."

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

"Was on clonazepam for 10 years after trying other antidepressants with no relief, had reactions to the antidepressants. Had to find a new Dr due to mine retiring. Have been off the clonazepam for 4 mths and have tried 6 different medications. None have worked for my anxiety and panic attacks. They have continued to get worse than ever before! I have to be on opioids due to many medical conditions and have thyroid problems and autoimmune disorders. Which only make the anxiety worse. Followed all the rules and never abused the clonazepam lowered my dose myself with no problem! Trying to find a new Dr who will prescribe clonazepam is impossible. Just because you have to take opioids too! You are put in the category of an abuser. Which I am not. I just know what work's for me and what does not. Really tired of these Drs not treating there patients because they are more afraid of the black box laws."

Tammy Moulton December 1, 2018

"Severe anxiety in 8 yr old. Was prescribed .5mg of clonazepam to be taken at .25 2X per day. Plan was to follow a week of this with 5mg of prozac and increase to 10mg. Clonazepam was to provide immediate relief. After two days my son become beligerant and angry. We stopped the drug and moved immediately to prozac which takes up to 4 weeks to provide relief. Doctor advised us to try with the CZP again over a long weekend. Results were no relief for anxiety and a renewal of beligerance including hitting and kicking parents and severe anger."

Parentof8yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

"I have been taking clonazepam for over 10 years. I take a 1 mg tablet 3 times a day. It helps me tremendously! I used to have bad panic attacks and I would get so stressed out sometimes that I actually would cut myself to calm down. I started out on a lower dosage and eventually ended up where I am now. At first it caused drowsiness, but not now. As long as I take the correct dosage 3 times per day, I am perfect! If I forget a dose, it doesn't take long before I notice it and my family does too. I have never tried getting off of the clonazepam since I started it. If I tried, I would probably get help from my doctor and taper very slowly. It works and helps me, so I see no need in stopping taking it."

ama (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

"I take clonazepam for depression along with bupropion and it helped me a lot with my mood. I stopped having crisis and crying like I did before when I took only bupropion without clonazepam."

DisturbedDown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2018

"My dr put me on this 0.5mg klonipin when required in 2010. I at first felt confused so I decided to cut pill in half taking 0.25mg as needed. My new dr tried to change it to buspar because of regulations. It did not work for my anxiety I need to take it feel relief within an hr in situations. I was on Ativan in the 80's for a short time. I had to convince my new dr to try it give me 10 pills and see how I do that was 2 wks ago and I have had to take 1/4 or 1/2 pill and settle down in 30-40 min I am 65 use to be a registered nurse wish I had this years ago"

ladybug47 November 9, 2018

"This is excellent every day use for anxiety. My life has been so much better the past 3 years that I've been taking clonazepam. Quality of life, relationships, work, social. I plan to take them the rest of my life. Able to enjoy life and be productive. Helps most when I am manic with bi polar"

ks October 16, 2018

"I get really bad anxiety to a point where my chest get so tight and I can hardly breath and start getting paranoid. Clonazepam has worked so great !!"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"The first time I took Clonazepam was in 2006 & it was for an appointment. I had eaten before I took it & it didn't work. Because of this I didn't want to take again (I didn't realize that eating may prevent it from working). In 2015 I was prescribed it again at the ER (because of anxiety). I decided to fill the prescription & I took 0.5 mg. Since I had not eaten for several hours it worked (after 2 hours) & I didn't feel anxious. I like it more than Ativan, since it has been more effective in reducing my anxiety for various medical appointments & even social situations - I once lost my keys & had to have a security guard help me find them; this security guard is rude & if I had not taken the pills I would have left the mall & just paid to have them all replaced instead of asking for this security guard's help. The only thing I don't like about Clonazepam is it causes me to gain weight and worsens my acne, even though I don't eat or drink anything different when I take it."

Sailor_Jupiter (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

"This medicine changed my life, seriously. I have anxiety/panic attacks and I take 0.25mg when I’m feeling anxious and cannot function, and I’ve been on this dose for 2 years. It works within 30 min and lasts the rest of the day so I can do whatever I need to do. I don’t take it every day, sometimes I’ll take it for a week straight if I have something stressful going on and then I’ll go weeks without taking it at all. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms so I think it’s a great medicine if you have anxiety. I’m not sure I wouldn’t recommend taking this daily because I could definitely see it becoming less effective!"

Mary (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

"I have been taking this medication for like 4 years now or close 0.5 mg once a day. I took it in the past and stopped when I got pregnant no withdrawals. I tried to taper off recently and I had bad racing thoughts with anxiety and panic attacks so I got back on them. I’m going to let my psychiatrist tell me when to wean off and do what’s best for me to wean off one day, until then I’m taking them as needed if or when I do have a panic or anxiety attack."

Maria (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

"Started taking 0.5 milligram of clonazepam up to three times per day due to my PTSD disorder. Never had to take more than one pill per day so doctor refilled my prescription advising only one tablet per day. Works great for me but beneficial effects wane if you take it everyday. It is best to wait until you actually feel a panic attack coming on and then take it, not if you just assume a certain situation will cause anxiety before hand. No drug is perfect but it keeps me balanced enough to at least think and react rationally in day to day activities. I have been on this drug for three months and also take Lexapro 20 mg every night for about five years with good results."

Mickey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

"I'm very new with this drug, It was prescribed to me by my physician. I'm really needing to know will I be able to function@work? Or is it a drug that needs to be taken@home?"

KLove (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

"Was given clonazepam 0.5mg three times a day for my anxiety, at first it did help but after two months anxiety came back worse, so doc upped it too 1mg three times a day. It did get rid of the anxiety but all I wanted too do was sleep. So doc tried to find the right dose but in the end it made me worse than I was before I started. After 3 months jumped off it and I actually feel better off it than when I was taking it. What works for some doesn't work for others"

Huts (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

"Worked for a short time. Effective dosage increased rapidly, efficacy decreases at a similar rate. After 2 months side effects became debilitating. Withdrawal symptoms (ongoing) include emotional instability, cognitive and memory impairment."

rogerhowse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

"It just works. Nothing else I’ve tried has been effective."

eric (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2018

"This benzo has helped me get my life back. I've been on it twice in my life, so I know what the withdrawals feel like. I slowly tapered off of them when I found out I was pregnant and it was difficult, but not a horror story. Now that my son nurses only once a day, I am able to take 0.5mg of Klonopin at night. Within the first day of taking it, I noticed a difference. My anxiety is almost not there. I can relax and breathe. I take this in combination with Wellbutrin XL 150mg and it's the perfect combination for me."

SallyA92 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

" I have been using Clonazepan or Klonopin 10 mg for some time. During Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, it was being distributed for a while. Then they have changed it to accudor, it goes among others. The problem is that I was on it about 2 weeks before I found that it was stronger than Clonazepan, then I started to have problems urinating and it caused varicocele in the testicles, among other side effects. Well, I chose to leave it stinging, since the psychiatrist has a big wait before I see them until the end of June, which is the appointment. I ask there will be a medication that is similar in terms of ingredients and the least side effects in what, together with my psychiatrist, I can lower the dose to end the treatment. Thank you!!!"

Zoraida38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

"Pharmacy always carried Mylan or Tevia, which always worked very well.. Now they are carrying Accord brand, manufactured in China. The quality of the Accord pill seems inferior. Very difficult to cut in half, crumbles easily, tastes very sugary ... They take longer to work and seem less effective..."

newenglander (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

"Okay for like the last year I've had some kind of psychosis and I started getting full of fear and anxiety. I got to the point where I couldn't leave my house and if I did I had to wear purple rain boots with green mittens not because I wanted to because I was afraid I might catch a disease and step in a mud puddle anxiety was taking over my life I finally went to a doctor and he put me on this Klonopin which I guess is okay I haven't had any nightmares except for one night I dreamed I was with Ben Affleck and then he killed me with a buck knife and then buried me in a shoebox. I'm too afraid and I get too anxious to try to call the doctor because then they put you on hold and then I start getting overwhelmed when all the Bryan Adams music starts playing on phone and then I just can't handle it anymore so yesterday I bought a new puppy I named it Joe because I was told that it would help me with anxiety but to be honest this dog has done nothing but drive me nuts."

NutsNolte April 3, 2018

"I take either 0.25 or 0.5 Mgs when I feel anxious, usually the .25 and in 30 minutes or so it kicks in and I get less anxious but start to feel normal again and care free. I don't feel like a zombie or anything like that, but I notice if I take a full .5 MG of in having a panic attack it doesn't work right away, at least 30 minutes to notice its actually working but It does work. That's the only thing where is doesn't work super fast but it does help. I had 30 pills last me 7 months do I don't take it everyday, not sure how I would deal with withdrawal symptoms because I take half of what the prescribed is by cutting it in half most the time. When I'm very anxious I take a full one. Sooo with that said in not sure how effects of withdrawals are because I never had any but the medicine does work"

Jjbats33 March 14, 2018

"I was struck by lightning 4 years ago and finally saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD on top of the untreated bipolar and anxiety disorders that I already have. She prescribed clonazepam for anxiety which I’ve taken in the past with no problems at all. (Also meds for bipolar and PTSD) The anxiety from the lightning strike has altered my life completely. I’m obsessed with monitoring the weather and will not leave the house if I know a storm is coming. I’m constantly reliving the strike and I live in an area where it storms regularly. This whole experience has been completely debilitating as I constantly live in a state of fear. I really want my life back so I hope this helps!"

Nikki March 4, 2018

"It works pretty good for anxiety but not panic attack’s and it helps me sleep"

Babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

"Was on Xanax and then Klonopin for 10 years. Then I ran into a doctor who refused to prescribe it anymore and cut me off pretty much cold turkey. It's been the worst year of my life. Have been experiencing a lot of health issues that I do believe are due to anxiety now. I've had heart problems, major depression, severe anxiety disorder. My new doctor today said she could try a week's worth to see how I felt and if I felt like it was working I could go to a psychiatrist and get on a plan. I've only taken one but I'm already more relaxed, my heart rate is down my blood pressure is down and I can actually think. Plan to keep it as an as-needed drug but with only a half a milligram I feel normal tonight. I'm almost 60 and I really don't care if I have to take it the rest of my life. I just want to feel normal"

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Anxiety