User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Also known as: KlonoPIN, KlonoPIN Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 164 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

"I suffer from GAD which manifests itself by causing PAINFUL knots in my upper back muscles at its worse. I tried aspirin, ibuprofen, and prescription muscle relaxers. Nothing eased the pain except 1.5-2 mg of Clonazepam. After years of taking Clonazepam skipping a day or two here and there, I was curious to see if I would experience withdrawal. Thus, recently I refrained from taking any for 5 days. Thankfully, nothing triggered my anxiety during those 5 days and I also take Lexapro daily (still prone to the trigger point knots in my back even on lexapro if my anxiety is triggered). I didn’t experience any withdrawal symptoms. I guess I am one of the lucky ones after reading about the horrors of Clonazepam withdrawals."

CaraCamel (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2019

"Long story short, I was a police officer for 16yrs. I had the extreme misfortune of having to use deadly force on a horribly confused, and drug enraged 19 yr old kid. Every time I closed my eyes in an effort to sleep, I would re-live the incident as vividly as it was in real life, seeing the young man's face and the confusion in his eyes. I reclused from my wife and children, as well as everyone else. I believed I was too strong to need counselling or medication to help me. After finally realizing I was on the verge of destroying those that I love beyond what words can express, I went to my family Dr, who told me he had been waiting for me to come for help. I was put on Lexapro daily, and 0.5 Clonazepam as needed. It saved me from going insane, I truly believe. It doesn't change the horror of having to do what I did, but does calm my mind so I can get some rest and be a husband and daddy to my angel of a wife and two precious boys.."

TxHP January 27, 2019

"I have been on 2mg clonazepam for more than 5 years. It has done wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks. When I informed the Dr. I was concerned about addiction he advised me I am DEPENDANT on it, not ADDICTED. Addiction is the misuse of a drug he said, big difference! I am allowed 2mg up to 3 times a day but very rarely take more than 2. It has literally changed my life."

Mike (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2019

"The drug is great, calms you, lets you sleep with anxiety and major family illnesses. However do not use on a daily basis after 30 days. I was not informed by my general practitioners (2) to be exact how addictive this med is. Now I am going thru tapering (a nice word for withdrawal) after 8 years. It is worst feeling in the world. Now trying to get into Med Detox. Be very careful with Benzos. In fact only take when you are dying. It will calm your death anxiety."

K (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 15, 2019

"If you’re considering taking clonazepam, this should be a temporary prescription only! I was prescribed this for severe anxiety. What no one will tell you is that this medication is severely addictive to your system . No matter how strong or how healthy you are, you can die from trying to stop the medicine cold turkey. I almost died twice. Whatever anxiety you are feeling now, it will be amplified by 100x’s when it comes to trying to stop the medication; it anchors into your body. I was told that Clonazepam is harder to get off of than Heroin. Just consider that when your doctor tries to prescribe it to you for more than a few weeks. Even then, it should be taken as needed and it should be taken in small doses. And just to be clear, I almost died twice because I was trying to stop taking the medication not because I took too much of it. Hope this helps at least one person’s life"

BackInjuryMan January 14, 2019

"Wonderful medication I have been on 0.5 mg for many years now and sometimes take another 0.5 at night to help me relax and sleep. I do not drink so that's not an issue. I have a sharp memory so no problems there. I have a stressful life and this really helps me to calm and focus myself. I am less shy and can express myself better at work when I take 0.5 which I do everyday. It has helped me so much with my shyness and anxious self I only wish I had sought out help earlier in my life. I am in my late 50's and have taken this for over 10 years. Frankly my cognition and memory are better than others my age. Recommend if constant worry and shyness are holding you back. Just keep dosage steady and don't increase if you don't need to. I do not have an addictive personality so for me this medication is great!"

Flora (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2019

"I was stable on diazepam and was prescribed it off and on for 30 years. I had tried all the SRIs and Selective SRI's with only worsening conditions. I tried them all, some more than once. Finally it dawned on my new GP that I has serotonin syndrome with the SRIs, After 4 months of trying other things, nothing worked. My new pain doctor tried me on clonazepam. The first dose worked wonders. My constantly struggling with anxiety all day was gone. No more waking up with immediate panic attacks either. I am a different man. There is no high with a drug if your body needs it. Same with opioids. Benzos and opioids can safely be used together if you cannot tolerate SRIs due to serotonin syndrome."

Jax103 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

"This product helps reduce anxiety symptoms. Within 45 minutes or less. It can make you tired and glassy eyed. So be careful taking this medicine. I really like this medicine because I can go into public places again without anxiety."

Lovelyvoice10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

"Klonopin helps with panic and anxiety you get before going out in public. It also made me calm without making me feel drugged up or high which allowed me to partake in daily life activities."

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

"Was on clonazepam for 10 years after trying other antidepressants with no relief, had reactions to the antidepressants. Had to find a new Dr due to mine retiring. Have been off the clonazepam for 4 mths and have tried 6 different medications. None have worked for my anxiety and panic attacks. They have continued to get worse than ever before! I have to be on opioids due to many medical conditions and have thyroid problems and autoimmune disorders. Which only make the anxiety worse. Followed all the rules and never abused the clonazepam lowered my dose myself with no problem! Trying to find a new Dr who will prescribe clonazepam is impossible. Just because you have to take opioids too! You are put in the category of an abuser. Which I am not. I just know what work's for me and what does not. Really tired of these Drs not treating there patients because they are more afraid of the black box laws."

Tammy Moulton December 1, 2018

"Severe anxiety in 8 yr old. Was prescribed .5mg of clonazepam to be taken at .25 2X per day. Plan was to follow a week of this with 5mg of prozac and increase to 10mg. Clonazepam was to provide immediate relief. After two days my son become beligerant and angry. We stopped the drug and moved immediately to prozac which takes up to 4 weeks to provide relief. Doctor advised us to try with the CZP again over a long weekend. Results were no relief for anxiety and a renewal of beligerance including hitting and kicking parents and severe anger."

Parentof8yrold (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

"I have been taking clonazepam for over 10 years. I take a 1 mg tablet 3 times a day. It helps me tremendously! I used to have bad panic attacks and I would get so stressed out sometimes that I actually would cut myself to calm down. I started out on a lower dosage and eventually ended up where I am now. At first it caused drowsiness, but not now. As long as I take the correct dosage 3 times per day, I am perfect! If I forget a dose, it doesn't take long before I notice it and my family does too. I have never tried getting off of the clonazepam since I started it. If I tried, I would probably get help from my doctor and taper very slowly. It works and helps me, so I see no need in stopping taking it."

ama (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

"I take clonazepam for depression along with bupropion and it helped me a lot with my mood. I stopped having crisis and crying like I did before when I took only bupropion without clonazepam."

DisturbedDown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2018

"My dr put me on this 0.5mg klonipin when required in 2010. I at first felt confused so I decided to cut pill in half taking 0.25mg as needed. My new dr tried to change it to buspar because of regulations. It did not work for my anxiety I need to take it feel relief within an hr in situations. I was on Ativan in the 80's for a short time. I had to convince my new dr to try it give me 10 pills and see how I do that was 2 wks ago and I have had to take 1/4 or 1/2 pill and settle down in 30-40 min I am 65 use to be a registered nurse wish I had this years ago"

ladybug47 November 9, 2018

"This is excellent every day use for anxiety. My life has been so much better the past 3 years that I've been taking clonazepam. Quality of life, relationships, work, social. I plan to take them the rest of my life. Able to enjoy life and be productive. Helps most when I am manic with bi polar"

ks October 16, 2018

"I get really bad anxiety to a point where my chest get so tight and I can hardly breath and start getting paranoid. Clonazepam has worked so great !!"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"The first time I took Clonazepam was in 2006 & it was for an appointment. I had eaten before I took it & it didn't work. Because of this I didn't want to take again (I didn't realize that eating may prevent it from working). In 2015 I was prescribed it again at the ER (because of anxiety). I decided to fill the prescription & I took 0.5 mg. Since I had not eaten for several hours it worked (after 2 hours) & I didn't feel anxious. I like it more than Ativan, since it has been more effective in reducing my anxiety for various medical appointments & even social situations - I once lost my keys & had to have a security guard help me find them; this security guard is rude & if I had not taken the pills I would have left the mall & just paid to have them all replaced instead of asking for this security guard's help. The only thing I don't like about Clonazepam is it causes me to gain weight and worsens my acne, even though I don't eat or drink anything different when I take it."

Sailor_Jupiter (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

"This medicine changed my life, seriously. I have anxiety/panic attacks and I take 0.25mg when I’m feeling anxious and cannot function, and I’ve been on this dose for 2 years. It works within 30 min and lasts the rest of the day so I can do whatever I need to do. I don’t take it every day, sometimes I’ll take it for a week straight if I have something stressful going on and then I’ll go weeks without taking it at all. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms so I think it’s a great medicine if you have anxiety. I’m not sure I wouldn’t recommend taking this daily because I could definitely see it becoming less effective!"

Mary (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

"I have been taking this medication for like 4 years now or close 0.5 mg once a day. I took it in the past and stopped when I got pregnant no withdrawals. I tried to taper off recently and I had bad racing thoughts with anxiety and panic attacks so I got back on them. I’m going to let my psychiatrist tell me when to wean off and do what’s best for me to wean off one day, until then I’m taking them as needed if or when I do have a panic or anxiety attack."

Maria (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

"Started taking 0.5 milligram of clonazepam up to three times per day due to my PTSD disorder. Never had to take more than one pill per day so doctor refilled my prescription advising only one tablet per day. Works great for me but beneficial effects wane if you take it everyday. It is best to wait until you actually feel a panic attack coming on and then take it, not if you just assume a certain situation will cause anxiety before hand. No drug is perfect but it keeps me balanced enough to at least think and react rationally in day to day activities. I have been on this drug for three months and also take Lexapro 20 mg every night for about five years with good results."

Mickey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

"I'm very new with this drug, It was prescribed to me by my physician. I'm really needing to know will I be able to function@work? Or is it a drug that needs to be taken@home?"

KLove (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

"Was given clonazepam 0.5mg three times a day for my anxiety, at first it did help but after two months anxiety came back worse, so doc upped it too 1mg three times a day. It did get rid of the anxiety but all I wanted too do was sleep. So doc tried to find the right dose but in the end it made me worse than I was before I started. After 3 months jumped off it and I actually feel better off it than when I was taking it. What works for some doesn't work for others"

Huts (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

"Worked for a short time. Effective dosage increased rapidly, efficacy decreases at a similar rate. After 2 months side effects became debilitating. Withdrawal symptoms (ongoing) include emotional instability, cognitive and memory impairment."

rogerhowse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

"It just works. Nothing else I’ve tried has been effective."

eric (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2018

"This benzo has helped me get my life back. I've been on it twice in my life, so I know what the withdrawals feel like. I slowly tapered off of them when I found out I was pregnant and it was difficult, but not a horror story. Now that my son nurses only once a day, I am able to take 0.5mg of Klonopin at night. Within the first day of taking it, I noticed a difference. My anxiety is almost not there. I can relax and breathe. I take this in combination with Wellbutrin XL 150mg and it's the perfect combination for me."

SallyA92 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018