User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 3)

Also known as: KlonoPIN, KlonoPIN Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 164 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

"Been on clonazepam for a while. It is not as effective for me as lorazepam since most of my anxiety is due to severe, treatment resistant OCD however it's still effective in reducing debilitating anxiety. It has a longer half life than lorazepam and xanax but it's slower to take affect. My doctor combines this with hydroxyzine for panic attacks and it works quite well. I recommend this benzodiazepine over other since xanax has an extremely high chance of dependency, and over lorazepam because its just recently been discovered that lorazepam can cause dementia."

ecarbajal (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2017

"This does not work for me. Must be a placebo. Did not alleviate symptoms at all."

SFT (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

"My GP prescribed Klonopin 0.5 for severe social anxiety and tremors. I've been taking it for a week, and my anxiety is 90% gone. The only downside is that it takes 1-2 hours to kick in, but it lasts a while after it starts working. Great drug for anxiety and tremors! Highly recommended!"

fleetfan (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2017

"I was prescribed this medication to help with mild tinnitus. After 3 months, I was having severe memory issues and thinking problems, so the doctor tapered me off. After a couple of days, I started experiencing painful muscle spasms and a feeling of chemical burns all over my skin. The doctor said this is common after coming off of klonopin and that it would stop in a couple of days. It took over 3 months for these issues to stop, and no amount of pain medication would even touch the sensation of chemical burns on my skin. Additionally, my tinnitus is now much worse than it ever was before klonopin - instead of the steady mild hum, it now sounds like air horns are being blasted in my ears. Patients beware!"

TinGuy67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2017

"I suffer from health anxiety. Every new mole, lump, twinge... my mind would sink me into fear and a state of depression. It’s not always. Most days I can cope with the irrational thoughts and sort it out in my mind but then there are some days where it’s too much. I have found that taking half of my 0.5mg tab in the morning and then the other half in the evening has made me the most level headed and normal feeling I’ve felt in a long time. Doesn’t leave me groggy just has me normal! So awesome to just be chill. Finally! I’ve also noticed that if you are female hormones when they shift and change right before menstraution have always brought out my anxiety the worst! Good luck."

adsc16 (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

"Have been taking clonazepam since 1996. Couldn't have gotten by without it. Probably will remain on it for my life, but the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives."

Wendala (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2017

"I got prescribed this a few months ago to help alleviate anxiety and panic attacks. It's been a life saver. I only take it as needed since it can be habit-forming, but it works really well. It definitely calms me down."

lavendermoon7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2017

"I’m taking cipralex for depression and ONLY when I feel anxiety I take ½ of 1mg pill. I feel better in 10 min.. good luck to you all."

02051946 (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2017

"I've been on this med for 2 months it keeps me awake all night..what to do I take it at bed time .Still awake at 4 am"

Sleepless in oh October 13, 2017

"At 19 I have been on Buspar, Prozac and Ativan; none of which worked. I can honestly say Clonazepam is the only medication that has ever worked for my severe GAD, SAD and panic attacks. There is always a risk of addiction with benzodiazepines, but if thats the tradeoff to be a functional adult then so be it. I would recommend this only after less habit forming treatments have been ventured."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2017

"I had facial nervous twitch and anxiety and clonazepam was a blessing in the past working as with the public it was very embarrassing. I can drive with no problems and relaxed me enough to accomplish more also if I talk too fast it slows me down to a normal pace. Sometimes I have insomnia and taking 2 tablet before going to bed did not work. My Doctor said take 1 tablet an hour before going to bed then take a second one after that hour it made a total difference."

Anonymous October 3, 2017

"Clonazepam has been a wonderful medication for generalized anxiety, OCD, and PTSD in my case. It helps "round me out" and keeps me feeling stable emotionally. The best part about this medication is that it lasts way longer than other benzodiazepines without the "I need a Xanax now!" feeling when it wears off. It helps prevent anxiety in the first place so as not to need an immediate relief medication. It doesn't make me feel sluggish or depressed. Best anxiety drug I've taken yet!"

thecoochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

"I am a survivior of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI'S). I was misdiagnosis bi-polar. I was re-evaluated 10-12 years ago because of a 'fatty liver' condition due to the Seroquel a psychoactive drug. This misdiagnosis was reaffirmed when, I became part of a DNA study. Each individual would need to participate at their own discretion. The point to my comment is for me...clonazepam has been since 2008 now it is 2017 a workable solution with no side effects or health risks or addiction issues. 2017, I have been arbitrarily taken off of clonazepam by a 'physicians assistant' in the mental health field. "We are not treating for depression." This is not logical."

CHAPAWEE10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

"A few things to know: this medication will change your life. Even taking it once will make you realize that those sad, dark, anxious thoughts in your head is ONLY anxiety. I promise you are going to be okay. There are many people on here searching for meds who suffer from this debilitating anxiety that a lot of others (without anxiety) cannot understand. Klonopin gives you that extra push you need to come to this realization and gets you through dark moments. Another thing: it is not as addictive as Xanax, which is extremely important when deciding which benzo is best for you. Best of luck."

youarenotaloneipromise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

"Awful drug for me way too sedating could not function at all"

Lexilove216 September 5, 2017

"Been manic psyhotic and on since life since 2009. Doc gave me 0.5 3x as needed. I think I will need only one a day. I take one after breakfast. It's been a while since I've felt this normal."

Krisiwnl (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

"Has a longer half life than xanax, harder to get addicted, and is a nice smooth way out of feeling anxious."

Nick162092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

"Just received the accord c2 2 mg white clons instead of my usual teva brand. These accord ones are great! Worst generic ones I've had was M stamped mylan"

buckethead129 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

"has stopped my shaking"

peacefully August 7, 2017

"This drug in fact takes me from a 10 of horrible anxiety to about a 3. It has done wonders. It makes me feel like me again when I take it. I can think clearer and more positively. I wish they had an extended release. The only down fall is the only last maybe 4 to 5 hrs which is great to have that break but if it could carry on longer we wouldn't have to take more. Mind you I only take 1 mg a day. I try to be mindful of the addictiveness. I can't even say I'm addicted at all it just helps me be me and not sitting with that dreaded feeling all day in my chest and mind. I also have panic disorder I can't say it helps panic attacks but possibly gives u more courage to do things because I feel so good. And not good as in I feel high. U feel urself."

uniquegirl33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

"It was a good drug short term on 3mg 3xper day for 8 months, but then after stopping was put on xanax 2mg 3x a day, extreme withdrawal, I still can't recover my doctor got in trouble so I get .25 xanax 3 times a day and I use street for rest. These drugs can be hell I wish I had a doctor to help just to taper but no Benzos are killers"

Dchouin (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2017

"I'm on a low dosage for my anxiety .5. it makes me feel a bit drowsy at times but it definitely works to shut down anxiety attach"

Lanisha A. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

"Didn't notice anything good or bad doesn't seem to do anything to be honest so quit taking it."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

"I suffered from debilitating generalized anxiety since high school. During university (25 years ago), it really spiked and the doctor I saw suggested rivotril/clonozapem on a longer term regular basis. For many years I took .5mg three times a day without incident. The anxiety never again got out of control...and I never felt need to increase. About 6 years ago, I decided to start cutting back very slowly. Eventually, over a long period, I actually tapered it back to .25mg once in the morning. This worked for two years until my marriage ended recently. I added another .25mg in the evening. My life has not been great, but IMO clonozapem has been a saviour. The GAD I had/have is not bearable. And other approaches alone do not work."

Mr Sal July 9, 2017

"I had debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, sometimes so bad I was constantly dizzy, out of it and feeling like a completely different person. The pain in my chest would subside after taking this and I would feel better. I'm so thankful my Dr prescribed this to me, and I only take it if I really need it so when I get really bad panic attacks or increased anxiety. Different ones work better for different people, but I will never go on SSRI's again, they made my anxiety 1000 times worse, panic attacks from morning until night, no sleep, couldn't eat. My quality of life was so bad I felt as though ending it would be better. So, I'm happy I have a Dr who listens and cares about my mental state and wants to improve my life."

NICOCARM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017