User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've taken so many different meds and this one is the only one that's ever worked for preventing panic attacks from anxiety. Which happen often because I have social anxiety and phobias. I never developed a dependency even after stopping it for a few years when I quit taking my mood stabilizer as well."

MeliRz December 13, 2016

"I was an iv meth user for 6 months and I'm really proud to say I'm clean since march 05/16. I went one month detox until I couldn't handle the racing thoughts and tense-ness through my whole body. Finally I go to a doctor and Valium fixed me up for one month then weaned of that. Still experiencing some same symptoms so he tried propranolol. Which helped take the edge off but hardly so I switched to Zoloft which was hard! But much better thoughts. Still tense still freeze up in situations still worry about an minor inconvenience I would cry and think about death just death in general my brain would stick to one thing and float around everything else. Until I got clonazapam. I can think things through, keep calm when pressured, and live!"

Alivinglady November 28, 2016

"I've had severe anxiety for as long as I can remember...clonazepam has actually helped in so many ways I would recommend it if your anxiety is really bad. The cons though it makes you sleepy "

Numberoneashley November 21, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

"I take .5 klonopin and i still get really bad anxiety on it. I tried telling my psych about it but she said it was okay. Personally, I dont think it works and im 122lb."

SARannR November 14, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Stay away from this nightmare drug it can in most likely cause depression and more it's dangerous i had withdrawals for months horrible......."

laurahope November 7, 2016

"Helps me live a normal life even tho I have Agoraphobia. This medicine kicks my panic disorder in the butt and keeps in down ALL DAY! Unlike Xanax that wears off in 4 hours and leaves you shaking. Also helps me through these uncomfortable Xanax withdrawals. I do feel like I need a stronger dose. I'm 145lbs and physically fit, I take .5mg and I don't feel high or drunk, just normally calm. I haven't tried doing anything outstanding on this drug yet. Maybe with more CBT I'll make more strides on this drug."

Eseloco954 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have used Klonopin over the years for anxiety and I've been looking in the internet saying it's so hard to get off of I've never had a problem I used to take 3 milligrams a day on and off for years and then when I quit I just quit I've never had a problem I don't understand where the problem lies with this drug because I've never had a problem coming off has anybody else had problems"

no problems November 4, 2016

"Very useful medicine. Could finally sleep while on it and wasnt nearly as anxious as usual. No side effects so far."

Dawn_marie_6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016

"I"

sylviaplath (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been prescribed a plethora of anti-depressants and non-benzodiazepine anti-anxiety meds; all accompanied by horrendous, long lasting side effects. Had a bad experience with a psychiatrist & also held a negative attitude toward being dependent on medication, therefore decided to be anti-medicated for several (miserable) years. Eventually came to terms with the fact that I can not properly function in society without medication. It took awhile, but I have finally found a great combination of meds, including .5 mg of Clonazepam. Anxiety is better managed. Happy to no longer be missing out because of anxiety. Would recommend a low dose (prescribed by a doctor, of course) to someone that has tried multiple anxiety medications with no avail."

Alexis J. October 14, 2016

"My best friend was taking this medication for many years. He committed suicide in September. A few months before he told me that the the drug wasn't working and that it was a different manufacturer. He said he had been trying to get off it but was unable to. He was under a psychiatrist's care. I'm not sure of the entire story, only what he told me. However, he started to withdraw from all his friends and let his work slide. The last time I saw him he looked terrible, shakes, sweaty, awful. That was months before he died. He was 57 and had been taking the drug for decades. All I can say is it sounds like a dangerous drug for some people. I am saddened by his passing and wish there was something we could have done to help him."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2016

"I've suffered all my life with anxiety/panic attacks. Seems to worsen as I age. I've tried many different meds. Ssri's in particular this drug class is the only to show improvements in my condition as I have major depression as well. Clonazepam works really well for me it's like a constant flow of relief. I would recommend this. I also take Wellbutrin in combo."

Anxiety Freebie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have tried every medication under the sun for anxiety! I was born anxious I have always said. My doctor put me on Klonopin as more of a long term anxiety medication in her mind. It was such a miracle for me. I was prescribed 1mg x 2 at night, if needed for anxiety and Insomnia, at the time of my divorce. I found I was able to wake up the next day without feeling groggy if I had taken it the night before. When the panic and anxiety set in, it allowed me to calm down and get through the hardest moments. I only take it once in a while these days, but it truly helped me."

GlitterAnxietyWater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm suffering from OCD and anxiety disorders for the last 22 years. This pill is the only one who helps. Only 0.5 mg and you immediately feel the difference."

rypz79 (taken for 10 years or more) August 25, 2016

"My boyfriend began taking this drug to lessen his anxiety and alcohol intake. Initially I was very excited to see what it would do for him, unfortunately the results were not too pleasing. Beforehand we enjoyed the little things in life and going on random excursions. Now he has become a complete zombie!! He specifically requested very low doses (.25 mg) and in a short period of time, he has completely altered his state of being. He's tired very often and gets very irritable or annoyed being in public without him. Much less spontaneous and fun filled as before and has caused way more relational issues. Definitely would not recommend this drug unless you're prepared for the crap loads of negative social and interpersonal effects!"

Him #7 August 22, 2016

"My experience using Clonzepam 1-2 mg for anxiety were OK. NO bad side effects but it seemed more suited as a sleeping aid than a anxiety med to help me through the day and remain functioning. Had better anti-anxiety effects from Xanax or Valium. But that's just me."

DanTheMan6669 August 17, 2016

"hi all readers been on clonazepam low dose for 2 months , consultant upped med to 2mg at night to help with sleep &restless syndrome ,started to loose short term memory palpitations at night and falling out of bed for some reason. have reduced med to 1.5 mg but will take it 3 times a day less peaks , seeing consultant sept 2016 and may ask for a change ,also taking Pregbalin 200 mg am & PM 1 year. I hope consultant can resolve Clonazipam as anxiety is reduced and do not worry so much . hope this helps , I think memory problems are common with clonazipam , not sure if this improves over time or gets worse,"

ratty50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I am on a maintenance dose of 1 mg 3 times a day along with a different Xanax .5 if I am having a panic attack. I'm agoraphobic and suffer from anxiety because of multiple reasons. I find klonopin is a amazing medication that helps tremendously. I wouldn't have the life I have today."

AmazingMeg (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "There are various manufacturer of clonazepam. I always made sure to stay with the same manufacturer. However, a week into taking the pills from my new prescription I started to feel very ill. I still had several pills from my previous refill because I only required 1/2 of the 0.5 mg. It was prescribed for me for chronic neck pain. The manufacturer changed the ingredients and now I have been suffering for months to find a replacement to no avail. It's been working well for years but right now the horrible effects I'm getting I don't think I'd recommended to any one. Please try every option before having to suffer the consequences in the long run."

Margaritar July 31, 2016

"I was put on Klonopin about four years ago. It worked very well until I made a change from 1 mg that was blue to a .5 that was yellow, both by Sandoz. I was trying to make it easier to break in half and lower my dose. After about 4 months I began to notice as soon as I took the .5 yellow tablet, I would break out into a sweat all over my body like I was having an allergic reaction. It was during this time I developed Burning Tongue Syndrome. On the blue 1mg it began to feel like icy hot was put on my legs. I was trying to see if anyone else had these symptoms. I may have gotten a bad batch of Generics but if I have it was on three different refills. Something has changed with this medication."

Klonopin Generic (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I am a middle aged man, who has had anxiety my whole life. In addition, I have a very stressful job. About three years ago, my wife convinced me to see a doctor. I had never taken any sort of anti-anxiety medication previously. The doctor prescribed Klonopin, but was very adamant about taking it only as needed. The prescription says 1mg, twice a day. But I only take, on average, two pills a week, when I'm really stressed. As many people here have said, it started out great, then faded with time. Although it definitely helps; it's not pleasant. It's almost as if it makes me so sleepy, I'm too tired to be stressed. Two years ago, I would have given it a 9. I still recommend it. Other than sleepiness, I have no other adverse effects."

bulldog1415 July 10, 2016

"I find that clonzepam works really well for generalized anxiety but if I do have a panic attack, then it doesn't do much. When I first started, I was prescribed .5 2x a day and then 1mg of Xanax as needed for panic (15 a month). This was a great pairing, but the withdrawal was long and awful when a new doctor took me off the drugs cold turkey! Needless to say, I am no longer a patient of hers. I was prescribed .5 2x a day again and it reduces my anxiety without making me less "sharp." Tolerance does build fast and, when I was on a strict schedule, if I missed a dose I was a nervous wreck. I now take it as needed but I may have to increase the dose soon because .5 doesn't work like it used to."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "A+. Couldn't function without it. Takes away that tense feeling in my brain. I don't have panic attacks, but I deal with a lot of anxiety that brings on severe irritability. Just one 5mg pill in the morning and one when I get home from work, and I'm free from all that. I can live a normal life and not let my anxiety ruin my relationships, work, etc. Lasts longer than xanax and more effective in my opinion,"

IrishHillbilly (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016