User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 2)

Also known as: KlonoPIN, KlonoPIN Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 164 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

" I have been using Clonazepan or Klonopin 10 mg for some time. During Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, it was being distributed for a while. Then they have changed it to accudor, it goes among others. The problem is that I was on it about 2 weeks before I found that it was stronger than Clonazepan, then I started to have problems urinating and it caused varicocele in the testicles, among other side effects. Well, I chose to leave it stinging, since the psychiatrist has a big wait before I see them until the end of June, which is the appointment. I ask there will be a medication that is similar in terms of ingredients and the least side effects in what, together with my psychiatrist, I can lower the dose to end the treatment. Thank you!!!"

Zoraida38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

"Pharmacy always carried Mylan or Tevia, which always worked very well.. Now they are carrying Accord brand, manufactured in China. The quality of the Accord pill seems inferior. Very difficult to cut in half, crumbles easily, tastes very sugary ... They take longer to work and seem less effective..."

newenglander (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

"Okay for like the last year I've had some kind of psychosis and I started getting full of fear and anxiety. I got to the point where I couldn't leave my house and if I did I had to wear purple rain boots with green mittens not because I wanted to because I was afraid I might catch a disease and step in a mud puddle anxiety was taking over my life I finally went to a doctor and he put me on this Klonopin which I guess is okay I haven't had any nightmares except for one night I dreamed I was with Ben Affleck and then he killed me with a buck knife and then buried me in a shoebox. I'm too afraid and I get too anxious to try to call the doctor because then they put you on hold and then I start getting overwhelmed when all the Bryan Adams music starts playing on phone and then I just can't handle it anymore so yesterday I bought a new puppy I named it Joe because I was told that it would help me with anxiety but to be honest this dog has done nothing but drive me nuts."

NutsNolte April 3, 2018

"I take either 0.25 or 0.5 Mgs when I feel anxious, usually the .25 and in 30 minutes or so it kicks in and I get less anxious but start to feel normal again and care free. I don't feel like a zombie or anything like that, but I notice if I take a full .5 MG of in having a panic attack it doesn't work right away, at least 30 minutes to notice its actually working but It does work. That's the only thing where is doesn't work super fast but it does help. I had 30 pills last me 7 months do I don't take it everyday, not sure how I would deal with withdrawal symptoms because I take half of what the prescribed is by cutting it in half most the time. When I'm very anxious I take a full one. Sooo with that said in not sure how effects of withdrawals are because I never had any but the medicine does work"

Jjbats33 March 14, 2018

"I was struck by lightning 4 years ago and finally saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD on top of the untreated bipolar and anxiety disorders that I already have. She prescribed clonazepam for anxiety which I’ve taken in the past with no problems at all. (Also meds for bipolar and PTSD) The anxiety from the lightning strike has altered my life completely. I’m obsessed with monitoring the weather and will not leave the house if I know a storm is coming. I’m constantly reliving the strike and I live in an area where it storms regularly. This whole experience has been completely debilitating as I constantly live in a state of fear. I really want my life back so I hope this helps!"

Nikki March 4, 2018

"It works pretty good for anxiety but not panic attack’s and it helps me sleep"

Babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

"Was on Xanax and then Klonopin for 10 years. Then I ran into a doctor who refused to prescribe it anymore and cut me off pretty much cold turkey. It's been the worst year of my life. Have been experiencing a lot of health issues that I do believe are due to anxiety now. I've had heart problems, major depression, severe anxiety disorder. My new doctor today said she could try a week's worth to see how I felt and if I felt like it was working I could go to a psychiatrist and get on a plan. I've only taken one but I'm already more relaxed, my heart rate is down my blood pressure is down and I can actually think. Plan to keep it as an as-needed drug but with only a half a milligram I feel normal tonight. I'm almost 60 and I really don't care if I have to take it the rest of my life. I just want to feel normal"

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

"I think this is the only cure that works for me I take 0.25mg to 0.5mg a day and I have no Somatic pain , like head pressure, tingling sensation in head, shooting pain in face , headaches , heart palpitations . I tried natural ways like (acupunture, omega 3 ,vitamin B and D ) that everything okay but just for some part of the time . Klonopin is making you be yourself again , I wanted to be off benzos , but ibuprofen and other pain killer don't affect me like klonopin . Best regards for this cure . If I need to take it for rest of life I'm okay with it"

Marko Croatia February 22, 2018

"Anxiety was waking me regularly at night - I would come awake continuing my worried thoughts from the day. The drug shuts that off and I sleep through - I only take a small dose before bed."

b1255Mutant February 19, 2018

"I have been taking Klonopin for 20 years. I had a complete nervous breakdown in 1997. This medication is the best ever for myself. I take 4mg a day for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and actually function great, I can work full-time and concentrate without my mind racing. I have NO problem being on this the rest of my life. I at least have a life now."

Kitz62 February 16, 2018

"I've been on and off this medication about 3 times. It has been a lifesaver with helping me with my sleep anxiety which was so bad at times I would go 4+ days with zero sleep. It became pure torture and was affecting every aspect of my life. If possible I would recommend getting a referral to a Psychiatrist before getting on this medication. They have a better understanding of Psychological disorders and will be better able to help you and less likely to shy away from medications that could be life changing for you. As for getting off the medication, I've done it 3 times now with a very slow tapper (took 1-2 months) and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Currently weening without a slow tapper and I am paying for it. I was taking 1mg and tapered to .5mg for a week then stopped. I am having headaches, feel shaky and exhausted, heightened anxiety on day 1.. Hoping this will pass within another week if not may go back on .25mg for a couple weeks then half of that..."

peonie918 February 11, 2018

"Clonazepam is very safe and effective for anxiety, derealization, and even (in my case) depression. It is easy to come off of, should you wish, by tapering slowly (finishing with a liquid taper). I have tried life for 30 years without clonazepam and for about 3 years with clonazepam. There is no comparison. Clonazepam seems to provide what my brain is unable to produce in adequate quantities. Please don't be afraid of this medicine. It does not make a person high, it is safe , and can significantly improve the quality of life for many people."

Brettster January 22, 2018

"I'd been to four Dr's before the problem of Anxiety was properly diagnosis was made and I was put on 1mg 2x a day Klonopin and it changed my whole life for the better. I had no idea I had anxiety problems. I was getting sick every evening , getting hot flashes and shakes? I went to the ER and Cardiologist and family dr. I was having hard painful heart palpitations 20/30 times a day. Now I have 0/ to 1 a day!!! I feel like doing things again! The only drawback I see is constipation and some short term memory loss. A welcome trade off for how much better I feel!!"

doody123 January 17, 2018

"Klonopin has been a life saver for me. I suffered horrible anxiety for years before being treated and have been using the drug for 10 years. I'm 42 now. I use it as needed so sometimes I can go weeks without taking any, sometimes take a couple a day for a week. I've never felt any withdrawal or cravings. My only very small complaint is that I feel not quite as sharp mentally. I am a chemist so I need my "A game" while at work. Other than that this drug has changed my life for the better."

Hada1010 January 8, 2018

"I've been on either Klonopin or xanax for around 20 years. When I try to stop them it's terrifying. I've gone as long as 2 months without and the withdrawal is even worse after 6 months then is is during the first 2 weeks. I can't take off work for a year to get off of these. I can't call off of work and say, of sorry I'm hooked on my anxiety medication and I can't come in. I got myself down to 0.5 twice a day and that keeps my functioning. But I can't function without them. I don't know if my anxiety is really that bad or it's the withdrawal. It's really messed up and I have to chuckle when I see it says Klonipin is used for benzo withdrawal. That's like saying Herion is good for oxycontin withdrawal..."

Patrick63072 (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2018

"Stay far away from this drug or any benzodiazepine, unless you are a hospice patient. This drug ruined my life. I wasn't taking as much as they prescribed, but I didn't know how dependent I was until I stopped taking it. The withdrawals were something out of a horror movie, and they last for a long time. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG."

AntiBenzo (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2018

"Took Klonopin for like 6 years started on 0.5mg and went up to 2mg, but I usually broke them in half and took 1mg. They are better to take during the day cuz it doesn't make you sleepy, then I'll take maybe 2 mg before bed. It doesn't knock you out it just helps you sleep through the night and helps you go to sleep some cuz your mind's not racing. Well they stopped working after the 6 years so now I'm on Xanax 0.5 need to go up to 1 mg. They work much better as far as anxiety I guess it helps some but basically I need to rest well at night when I switch to Xanax didn't have any withdrawals from Klonopin actually I stopped the Klonopin (cuz I lost my insurance) for probably two years before I started the Xanax and didn't have any withdrawals "

Wormy12 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2017

"My Klonipin is the oral disintegrating type. It dissolves quickly, under my tongue, and begins to work immediately. The instant action of the dissolving tablets is far greater, for me, than tablets that take time to work. A panic attack needs immediate action. Quite often I’m driving the car when panic occurs. The instant relief has saved me from car accidents, I’m sure. Just FYI..."

PattyShay (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

"I have been taking clonozepam for roughly 3 years. I have suffered from extreme anxiety since late teens. I did not seek help until I was 39. Prozac worked great for me but after 14 years lost effectiveness. Have tried many drugs but discovered clonozepam. Works great for me. I have learned to space them out due to reduced effectiveness. Great at reducing anxiety. !!"

Loopy2154 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2017

"The temporary relief is not worth the crippling dependency. The withdrawal from this drug literally ruins people. Beware, too, "benzo rage;" I've never experienced a more terrifying emotional state, I felt like I completely lost myself and became cruel and ridiculously self-righteous. Meanwhile, this class of drug turned a kind and funny roommate into a two-faced thief and liar. There is a better way than benzos, be patient and be willing to work on yourself. This stuff ruins people."

deeteepee December 15, 2017

"I've taken clonazepam 1.5 mg a day with 1,000 mg Divalproex,and Adderall IR 20 mg for over 4 months. I have pretty bad ADHD and Anxiety/Social anxiety disorder. I've taken other benzos(Alprazolam,Lorazepam, Flurazepam) but these new drugs are absolutely the best in my opinion for controlling anxiety in any situation. It worked very well for me and continues to, but if you don't prefer sedation and muscle relaxation as side effects then you should go for a drug such a buspirone. But thats my experience."

Zaneggg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

"I have been on Klonopin (Clonazapam) for 9 years and have never felt the need to increase my dose of 0.5mg in the am., and 1.0 mg in the pm. I have PTSD, and no longer have panic attacks or the General Anxiety associated with the PTSD. I might have to take it for the rest of my life, but without it my quality of life was unbearable. I don't want to go back to the panicky shaking and heart palpitations and fatigue I felt after an episode. Truly, my triggers don't even bother me that much due to this medication. It's been my saving grace."

Tweety933 November 20, 2017

"Life saver. Gets way too much of a bad rap by "professionals" who don't know squat about mental health. Make sure to use sparingly and you will not get addicted For high pressure situations at work or other emergency situations it makes me a normal person again. This Rx has saved my life and my job. (Go to counselling too)"

YankeeFanatic (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

"I've dealt anxiety since I was a child but never sought help until it became very serious and my job and relationships were being affected. I was prescribed clonazepam and instructed to only take it when necessary. It has worked wonderfully for me and for once in a long time, I actually felt genuinely calm and relaxed, and my perspectives towards things that would bother me on a normal day changed completely (I was able to rationalise things better and get over problems quickly). The first hour or so after taking clonazepam is torture though as I would usually feel very drowsy and dazed. After that, as long as I eat properly, the drowsiness goes away and the pill will work wonders."

AlyT (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

"I have suffered from extreme social and general anxiety for most of my life, but didn't seek help until I was around 20. I was prescribed many SSRIs but none of them worked. Clonazepam has been the only thing that has ever helped relieve my anxiety. Its a shame that many doctors won't prescribe it because it can be habit forming, yet they'll gladly give out SSRIs that can cause manic behavior or suicidal thoughts. This medication saved me from my anxiety."

Airrinn November 9, 2017