User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 2)

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 160 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

ladybug47 November 9, 2018

"My dr put me on this 0.5mg klonipin when required in 2010. I at first felt confused so I decided to cut pill in half taking 0.25mg as needed. My new dr tried to change it to buspar because of regulations. It did not work for my anxiety I need to take it feel relief within an hr in situations. I was on Ativan in the 80's for a short time. I had to convince my new dr to try it give me 10 pills and see how I do that was 2 wks ago and I have had to take 1/4 or 1/2 pill and settle down in 30-40 min I am 65 use to be a registered nurse wish I had this years ago"

ks October 16, 2018

"This is excellent every day use for anxiety. My life has been so much better the past 3 years that I've been taking clonazepam. Quality of life, relationships, work, social. I plan to take them the rest of my life. Able to enjoy life and be productive. Helps most when I am manic with bi polar"

tayshalee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

"I get really bad anxiety to a point where my chest get so tight and I can hardly breath and start getting paranoid. Clonazepam has worked so great !!"

Sailor_Jupiter · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2018

"The first time I took Clonazepam was in 2006 & it was for an appointment. I had eaten before I took it & it didn't work. Because of this I didn't want to take again (I didn't realize that eating may prevent it from working). In 2015 I was prescribed it again at the ER (because of anxiety). I decided to fill the prescription & I took 0.5 mg. Since I had not eaten for several hours it worked (after 2 hours) & I didn't feel anxious. I like it more than Ativan, since it has been more effective in reducing my anxiety for various medical appointments & even social situations - I once lost my keys & had to have a security guard help me find them; this security guard is rude & if I had not taken the pills I would have left the mall & just paid to have them all replaced instead of asking for this security guard's help. The only thing I don't like about Clonazepam is it causes me to gain weight and worsens my acne, even though I don't eat or drink anything different when I take it."

Mary · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 3, 2018

"This medicine changed my life, seriously. I have anxiety/panic attacks and I take 0.25mg when I’m feeling anxious and cannot function, and I’ve been on this dose for 2 years. It works within 30 min and lasts the rest of the day so I can do whatever I need to do. I don’t take it every day, sometimes I’ll take it for a week straight if I have something stressful going on and then I’ll go weeks without taking it at all. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms so I think it’s a great medicine if you have anxiety. I’m not sure I wouldn’t recommend taking this daily because I could definitely see it becoming less effective!"

Maria · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 28, 2018

"I have been taking this medication for like 4 years now or close 0.5 mg once a day. I took it in the past and stopped when I got pregnant no withdrawals. I tried to taper off recently and I had bad racing thoughts with anxiety and panic attacks so I got back on them. I’m going to let my psychiatrist tell me when to wean off and do what’s best for me to wean off one day, until then I’m taking them as needed if or when I do have a panic or anxiety attack."

Mickey · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

"Started taking 0.5 milligram of clonazepam up to three times per day due to my PTSD disorder. Never had to take more than one pill per day so doctor refilled my prescription advising only one tablet per day. Works great for me but beneficial effects wane if you take it everyday. It is best to wait until you actually feel a panic attack coming on and then take it, not if you just assume a certain situation will cause anxiety before hand. No drug is perfect but it keeps me balanced enough to at least think and react rationally in day to day activities. I have been on this drug for three months and also take Lexapro 20 mg every night for about five years with good results."

KLove · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2018

"I'm very new with this drug, It was prescribed to me by my physician. I'm really needing to know will I be able to function@work? Or is it a drug that needs to be taken@home?"

Huts · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2018

"Was given clonazepam 0.5mg three times a day for my anxiety, at first it did help but after two months anxiety came back worse, so doc upped it too 1mg three times a day. It did get rid of the anxiety but all I wanted too do was sleep. So doc tried to find the right dose but in the end it made me worse than I was before I started. After 3 months jumped off it and I actually feel better off it than when I was taking it. What works for some doesn't work for others"

rogerhowse · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2018

"Worked for a short time. Effective dosage increased rapidly, efficacy decreases at a similar rate. After 2 months side effects became debilitating. Withdrawal symptoms (ongoing) include emotional instability, cognitive and memory impairment."

eric · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 26, 2018

"It just works. Nothing else I’ve tried has been effective."

SallyA92 · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2018

"This benzo has helped me get my life back. I've been on it twice in my life, so I know what the withdrawals feel like. I slowly tapered off of them when I found out I was pregnant and it was difficult, but not a horror story. Now that my son nurses only once a day, I am able to take 0.5mg of Klonopin at night. Within the first day of taking it, I noticed a difference. My anxiety is almost not there. I can relax and breathe. I take this in combination with Wellbutrin XL 150mg and it's the perfect combination for me."

Zoraida38 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2018

" I have been using Clonazepan or Klonopin 10 mg for some time. During Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, it was being distributed for a while. Then they have changed it to accudor, it goes among others. The problem is that I was on it about 2 weeks before I found that it was stronger than Clonazepan, then I started to have problems urinating and it caused varicocele in the testicles, among other side effects. Well, I chose to leave it stinging, since the psychiatrist has a big wait before I see them until the end of June, which is the appointment. I ask there will be a medication that is similar in terms of ingredients and the least side effects in what, together with my psychiatrist, I can lower the dose to end the treatment. Thank you!!!"

newenglander · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2018

"Pharmacy always carried Mylan or Tevia, which always worked very well.. Now they are carrying Accord brand, manufactured in China. The quality of the Accord pill seems inferior. Very difficult to cut in half, crumbles easily, tastes very sugary ... They take longer to work and seem less effective..."

NutsNolte April 3, 2018

"Okay for like the last year I've had some kind of psychosis and I started getting full of fear and anxiety. I got to the point where I couldn't leave my house and if I did I had to wear purple rain boots with green mittens not because I wanted to because I was afraid I might catch a disease and step in a mud puddle anxiety was taking over my life I finally went to a doctor and he put me on this Klonopin which I guess is okay I haven't had any nightmares except for one night I dreamed I was with Ben Affleck and then he killed me with a buck knife and then buried me in a shoebox. I'm too afraid and I get too anxious to try to call the doctor because then they put you on hold and then I start getting overwhelmed when all the Bryan Adams music starts playing on phone and then I just can't handle it anymore so yesterday I bought a new puppy I named it Joe because I was told that it would help me with anxiety but to be honest this dog has done nothing but drive me nuts."

Jjbats33 March 14, 2018

"I take either 0.25 or 0.5 Mgs when I feel anxious, usually the .25 and in 30 minutes or so it kicks in and I get less anxious but start to feel normal again and care free. I don't feel like a zombie or anything like that, but I notice if I take a full .5 MG of in having a panic attack it doesn't work right away, at least 30 minutes to notice its actually working but It does work. That's the only thing where is doesn't work super fast but it does help. I had 30 pills last me 7 months do I don't take it everyday, not sure how I would deal with withdrawal symptoms because I take half of what the prescribed is by cutting it in half most the time. When I'm very anxious I take a full one. Sooo with that said in not sure how effects of withdrawals are because I never had any but the medicine does work"

Nikki March 4, 2018

"I was struck by lightning 4 years ago and finally saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD on top of the untreated bipolar and anxiety disorders that I already have. She prescribed clonazepam for anxiety which I’ve taken in the past with no problems at all. (Also meds for bipolar and PTSD) The anxiety from the lightning strike has altered my life completely. I’m obsessed with monitoring the weather and will not leave the house if I know a storm is coming. I’m constantly reliving the strike and I live in an area where it storms regularly. This whole experience has been completely debilitating as I constantly live in a state of fear. I really want my life back so I hope this helps!"

Babe · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2018

"It works pretty good for anxiety but not panic attack’s and it helps me sleep"

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

"Was on Xanax and then Klonopin for 10 years. Then I ran into a doctor who refused to prescribe it anymore and cut me off pretty much cold turkey. It's been the worst year of my life. Have been experiencing a lot of health issues that I do believe are due to anxiety now. I've had heart problems, major depression, severe anxiety disorder. My new doctor today said she could try a week's worth to see how I felt and if I felt like it was working I could go to a psychiatrist and get on a plan. I've only taken one but I'm already more relaxed, my heart rate is down my blood pressure is down and I can actually think. Plan to keep it as an as-needed drug but with only a half a milligram I feel normal tonight. I'm almost 60 and I really don't care if I have to take it the rest of my life. I just want to feel normal"

Marko Croatia February 22, 2018

"I think this is the only cure that works for me I take 0.25mg to 0.5mg a day and I have no Somatic pain , like head pressure, tingling sensation in head, shooting pain in face , headaches , heart palpitations . I tried natural ways like (acupunture, omega 3 ,vitamin B and D ) that everything okay but just for some part of the time . Klonopin is making you be yourself again , I wanted to be off benzos , but ibuprofen and other pain killer don't affect me like klonopin . Best regards for this cure . If I need to take it for rest of life I'm okay with it"

b1255Mutant February 19, 2018

"Anxiety was waking me regularly at night - I would come awake continuing my worried thoughts from the day. The drug shuts that off and I sleep through - I only take a small dose before bed."

Kitz62 February 16, 2018

"I have been taking Klonopin for 20 years. I had a complete nervous breakdown in 1997. This medication is the best ever for myself. I take 4mg a day for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and actually function great, I can work full-time and concentrate without my mind racing. I have NO problem being on this the rest of my life. I at least have a life now."

peonie918 February 11, 2018

"I've been on and off this medication about 3 times. It has been a lifesaver with helping me with my sleep anxiety which was so bad at times I would go 4+ days with zero sleep. It became pure torture and was affecting every aspect of my life. If possible I would recommend getting a referral to a Psychiatrist before getting on this medication. They have a better understanding of Psychological disorders and will be better able to help you and less likely to shy away from medications that could be life changing for you. As for getting off the medication, I've done it 3 times now with a very slow tapper (took 1-2 months) and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Currently weening without a slow tapper and I am paying for it. I was taking 1mg and tapered to .5mg for a week then stopped. I am having headaches, feel shaky and exhausted, heightened anxiety on day 1.. Hoping this will pass within another week if not may go back on .25mg for a couple weeks then half of that..."

Brettster January 22, 2018

"Clonazepam is very safe and effective for anxiety, derealization, and even (in my case) depression. It is easy to come off of, should you wish, by tapering slowly (finishing with a liquid taper). I have tried life for 30 years without clonazepam and for about 3 years with clonazepam. There is no comparison. Clonazepam seems to provide what my brain is unable to produce in adequate quantities. Please don't be afraid of this medicine. It does not make a person high, it is safe , and can significantly improve the quality of life for many people."

doody123 January 17, 2018

"I'd been to four Dr's before the problem of Anxiety was properly diagnosis was made and I was put on 1mg 2x a day Klonopin and it changed my whole life for the better. I had no idea I had anxiety problems. I was getting sick every evening , getting hot flashes and shakes? I went to the ER and Cardiologist and family dr. I was having hard painful heart palpitations 20/30 times a day. Now I have 0/ to 1 a day!!! I feel like doing things again! The only drawback I see is constipation and some short term memory loss. A welcome trade off for how much better I feel!!"

Learn more about Anxiety

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)