User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Hyperekplexia

Also known as: Klonopin

Dugan · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

“I have suffered from sleep issues, restless legs and anxiety. Klonopin has been a life saver. I like the fact it is long lasting versus Xanax for other benzodiazepines.I also do not get a craving for alcohol which is another bonus. I wake up energized and finally feel good.”

Jump n Fall Tina · Taken for 10 years or more May 23, 2014

“Clonazepam helped me live a "normal" life. After several months of trial and error on the dosing, I was able to walk, hear a loud noise, be touched, etc. AND REMAIN UPRIGHT! The downside is that I now sleep approximately 4 hours more per day than before, which took much adjustment. Overall I'd say the benefits outweigh the problems exponentially. During and since my second pregnancy while on the medicine, something has changed and I no longer live a "normal" life, but I still live a much higher quality of life. Despite many adjustments to the dosing and scheduling in the last 5 years, I have never regained the freedoms of the first 15 years on the medicine. I am currently back to the trial and error phase of finding the best treatment.”

Anonymous October 17, 2011

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Hyperplexia also known as autonomic dysreflexia. Works well with quadriplegics along with Valium for muscle spasms. Doses may very from person to person.”