User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Wenderz · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “It helps relax me at night but it doesn't make me sleepy like my doctor said it would. At least it takes my twitching, trembling and shaking away which is so that's a bonus. The twitching, trembling and shaking caused buy a Neurological Autoimmune disease ”

Roscoe · Taken for 10 years or more November 27, 2019

For Insomnia: “Been using clonazepam for over 10 yrs. Started when my son became critically ill. Was having anxiety and insomnia. I take ,25 MG every night and when I am having some anxiety problems I'll take another .25. Been out of town for a few days without the medicine, no side effects other than not sleep as well. Very pleased with the Meds.”

Feetus · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 25, 2019

For Anxiety: “Been on 1mg up to 3 times a day as needed for anxiety for the last 3 years. changed my life greatly. Before taking this I would not make eye contact with people was always worried about little things and had ruminating and intrusive thoughts. I was also initially prescribed this for sleep but it does not really make me tired even at the max dose. but great for anxiety and panic disorders”

Cdanielle · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “This year has been a mess, first starting with endometriosis. I was prescribed visanne and percocet to help the pain which lead to severe anxiety and panic disorder. I spent 2 months in and out of emergency and walk in clinic thinking it was the end of my life. First tried prozac as I had been on it previously and I had horrible side effects. Lorazepam was prescribed for panic attacks but then switched to clonazepam and it has been a god send. I take 1 mg twice daily and I am totally able to function, I feel like I have my life back on track. But I do find if I don't get enough sleep I get a bit emotional. No more panic attacks and I can't feel the anxiety. It works for Me!!”

j dawg November 25, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “A doctor started me on klonopin for my anxiety following a crystal methamphetamine addiction. Started gradually at .50mgs. Eventually she felt the need to bump me up to 1mg 3x’s a day. It worked really well. The entire time I was taking it. One day I decided I didn’t need it anymore, and then boom withdrawals appeared. Some of the worst symptoms I’ve ever had. I had to go back to rehab to keep myself from having seizures. The recommended time to be in this med is 6 weeks. I was on it for two years.”

benzoskillus · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “PROBLEM is that the new TEVA without the scoreline has been released and DOES NOT work the same as the old version WITH the scoreline its just addicting. it does nothing else. it has caused me to be very sick... teva please, bring back the old formula.”

Anna · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 22, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I've been on Clonazepam 0.75mg per day for 4 years for my supposed Epilepsy with horrible side effects - memory loss, sleep issues, weight changes, irritability. Now another doctor has found out that there are no indications of epilepsy and I'm finally going on a tapering plan. It will take me up to 1 year to finally be clear of this awful drug and I just can't stand it. Removed the first 1/4 off one of the doses the other day - I'm scared of the side effects, but I so want to be free of this nightmare.”

Servo · Taken for 10 years or more November 21, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “There seems to be a lot of polarization about this drug clonazepam. To be sure, this is a drug you shouldn't take lightly. But in my personal experience if you're careful and respect clonezepam, it will respect you back and is perfectly safe. I suffer from panic attacks daily even WITH this drug but without it would be far worse. I owe my sanity to it. I'm not saying that the low reviewers here are irresponsible. It effects different people in different ways. Also, if you quit suddenly there will be severe withdrawal effects. So yes there IS potential danger but it's avoidable for most people if they are responsible. It has an unfair reputation as being dangerous because too many young people get it illegally, get hooked, take it outside a doctor's supervision and THEN it get in trouble. Be responsible with it and you'll be fine. Abuse it and it will abuse you back. But for me, I've taken it on and off for 20 years and I don't know what I'd do without it.”

Eduardo · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 21, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This med virtually stopped a very irregular and dangerous sleep disorder causing me to jump out of bed, sleep walk and act out combative nightmares. (Severe REM Sleep Disorder) After injuries requiring 3 major surgeries incurred during sleep, this medicine may have very well saved me from even worse harm. Side effects when taken for sleep problems have been very minor.”

Robert · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2019

For Anxiety: “OMG. I was prescribed Klonopin 2mgs three times a day for almost 15 YEARS. I wanted to get off in 2019 so asked Dr to begin tapering down. In 9/2019 I was @ 1 milligram a day - went cold turkey. HOLY MOLY!! Welcome to the worst time in my life for almost an entire month! In bed entire time - Shaking/Sweating/Convulsing/Etc... Thought I would surely be the end of me one particular day when blood pressure went to the stratosphere and pulse was 180 ALL DAY! Think about your heart beating almost 200 beats per minute from 4AM to 11PM. Was going to call 911 but was so delirious couldn't! This is hands down NOT a drug to take for a long period of time YET not one Dr ever said a word to me!”

MDR Girl November 19, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've been taking this drug clonazepam for years, usually only once a week when I have to transition my schedule from days off to work week (I have to get up for work at 04:15am). I take 1mg, it takes a little while to start working, maybe about 1.5 hours. I like that I have ZERO side effects the next day and keeps my anxiety at bay. If you wake up in the middle of the night, it's easy to fall back asleep. My MD recommended taking a small dose of Xanax with this just to fall asleep (I will sometimes do this). The Klonopin will keep you asleep.”

mememe · Taken for 10 years or more November 18, 2019

For Night Terrors: “I have been on Klonopin for years and I still have terrible nightmares where I literally throw myself out of bed and really hurt myself..I have to sleep alone since I thrash around like a dying fish. I kick the bed so hard that I loosened a hip replacement and had to have 3 more surgeries because of it”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2019

For Night Terrors: “night terrors are NOT nightmares and klonopin will not help”

PJ · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 15, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Have had fibromyalgia and restless legs for many years my legs constantly ached and at one time it was so bad l experienced restless arms I was unable to function properly. My dr prescribed paxam (clonazepam) . 05 nightly when required l got instant relief and slept all night for the first time in years. I have been taking this clonazepam dose for about 6 years and have not had to increase the dose but feel the need to take it most nights. l have not experienced any side affects except tiredness so only take it at night which is ok as that’s when l need it. l have worried about hearing that it could cause early dementia but the results of being able to live a life out ways these concerns and l am on a low dose and there are risks with any medication paxam was (clonazepam) works for me 100% .”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 13, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Have been taking klonopin for years. I take 0.5mg 4x daily. take 0, 2, or 4 a day and they seem to have no impact.”

JC · Taken for 10 years or more November 13, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I had severe panic disorder beginning in 1992. I couldn’t function . My Dr prescribed Prozac 20 mg daily and Klonopin .25 in the morning and 0.25 at night. I had almost immediate good results. And was back feeling great; calm, no anxiety, back to my old self. I’ve been on this combination for many years. It has been wonderful to be able to lead a full life!”

breeze123 November 10, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been on 1 mg of Klonopin, the Teva generic. I have constant gastrointestinal distress. Is anyone else having GI side effects? If so, what solutions are there? I'm taking 1 mg but it makes me too tired. Since I don't get a full night's sleep on it, I assumed I shouldn't take less. One person says she takes .8 mg. How do you do this? Last night I shaved some of my 1 mg, maybe I got it to .8 - .9 mg. How to do precisely? Teva crumbles. Also, is anyone allergic to the generic? Teva and Accord, at least, have inactive ingredients anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide and sodium lauryl sulfate. The Hoffman LaRoche brand doesn't. I suspect I'm allergic to one or more of those. I ordered the Klonopin brand but in 1 mg. Years back I did the brand and it worked like a charm but I don't recall the dose. With the slightly lower dose, I already noticed a slight improvement in GI distress. Looking forward to feedback.”

Bilo · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “I took clonazepam one an hour ago so hoping it'll knock me out. I can't even sleep now. So I guess they're not for me.”

Coral52 · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2019

For Anxiety: “This medication has worked WONDERS for me. I have extremely bad anxiety and had no relief for months on end. Was convinced I was going crazy and in a frantic state of mind constantly. Not sleeping well, not eating well, panicking, overwhelming and intrusive thoughts at a high. As soon as I got over my fear of taking medication and actually swallowed my first dose I found the next morning to feel a huge sense of relief from the anxiety. I was not as paranoid and socially anxious, which I’ve never experienced even on good days. The benefits of this medication are incredible. I will say that becoming addicted to this seems to be a very reasonable statement. I don’t know how long I’ll be on it but my tolerance has quickly risen and I’m taking more and more for the same relief. It’ll be a month on it now but this is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. For desperate situations like my own this medication is a lifesaver.”

username4u · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Klonopin medication is so destructive. You will think its great until you stop, then it is so bad.”

Dani333 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “So my withdrawal symptoms are horrible. I know everyone is different as I am very sensitive to everything. I have blurred vision, vertigo, confusion, anxiety, labored breathing and my temples feel like they are bulging out. I'm weaning myself off and I've been fine up to this point. I think I'm going too fast. Weaning slowly is the way to go to lessen the symptoms. I've also noticed it triggering my bipolar, so be sure to talk to your dr before weening off or as you ween off. Good luck everyone”

Leo November 1, 2019

For Insomnia: “I take less than 1mg and have a restful sleep and with nearly none next day side effects. I’ve tried other medications and Clonazepam has been the best so far, I prefer it over xanax.”

Beetlejuice November 1, 2019

For Anxiety: “I frequently experiences those patterns of thought and emotion that psychiatrists call social anxiety, generalized anxiety and depression. Got prescribed clonazepam a few years ago when my anxiety was through the roof. I take 1/2 to 1 tablet of the lowest dose on days when I'm so anxious I feel like vomiting or when I'm trapped in a social situation I can't escape and have a sobbing breakdown that I just can't get under control. In most cases, within a half-hour or so of taking the pill my nausea eases off and/or I can finally stop crying and stay dry-eyed for several hours straight. The only side effect I've noticed is moderate physical tiredness that lasts several hours.”

Klon · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 31, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Been on the med Klonopin for awhile and it is a god send. I can be myself now.”

Davo · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “After a rough spot as we all have in life I saw a psychiatrist. He prescribed me 2mgs clonazepam daily. It was one in the morning and two at night. I can’t take at work as I work in surgery. So I took them at night and feel the effects mildly all the next day. I’ve always had insomnia and it has helped with both anxiety and sleep but now I am trapped and it is so difficult to get off. My doctor never even as much mentioned this Good luck to all of you when and if you decide to get off this stuff because you will always need more as tolerance is constantly an issue. This drug is great short term not long term. Doctors are mostly clueless as to what exactly a person suffers getting off these and other meds. ”