User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1148 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "I have had severe insomnia since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999. I will be awake all night without meds. Ambien was the worst as far as side effects--should be off the market. I now take 2 mg of Clonazepan and 10 mg of Doxepin. Still takes me hours to fall asleep, but at least I do. Best I've taken so far. Only side effect for me is that I don't feel low blood sugars until the 40's (I'm diabetic). So I check my BS often. Have not slept through a night since 1998. Hoping to increase dosage next doctor visit."

Desperate for sleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking clonazepam 5 mg to 10mg tablets as needed for anxiety and nerve pain for 4 years now, and also have ADD. As of lately I've noticed that about an hour after taking clonazepam I felt restless and tense, almost jittery and my muscles tightened up and I was wide awake so I basically got 2 hours of sleep at night. I would say that after long term use, even if it is as needed, clonazepam definitely causes affects of insomnia and muscle stiffness."

34 year old female (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Hi all! Over 15 years I am on Clonazepam. CVS doesnt give Klonopin they substitute it with generic Clonazepam. Is there any difference between Klonopin and Clonazepam? I beg all to help me! I want to withdraw from this drug. I am unsuccessful on that. All doctors say that you have to find interesting hobby, be in circle of friends, around family, be more in nature. I have done this all, but it does not work. I have chemical addiction, drink high quality water, but it does not work too. Again, I ask everyone for help!!! Sarah"

Sarah5333 (taken for 10 years or more) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I have many health issues, but the worst have been chronic migraines for the past 5 years! They have gotten progressively worse and I feel like I am constantly fighting them off and I've tried everything. I have Relpax as a rescue drug and it works great, but I am only supposed to use it twice a week or else face rebound headaches. I asked my doc to prescribe Klonopin, mostly because I am under a lot of stress and I had read that it could help with TMJ disorder (I grind my teeth badly) and I have restless leg syndrome, Fibro and RA. What I didn't expect was for it to reduce my migraines considerably. I take .5 mg 3 times daily. I only had to take my Relpax 3 times last month! and I'm not fighting them off all the time! Freedom!"

Freedom in a pill December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had trouble sleeping for at least 10-12 years. My brain doesn't seem to shut down. OTC like Benadryl has no effect on me at all. After many trials, my doctor found than a combination of Clonazepam and Tranzadone work great for me. They two don't make me sleepy at all but instead calm down my brain activity in order to go to sleep. I take them about two hours before going to bed. In addition, I found that the Brand name Qualitest for Clonazepam works better than Teva. I've been using this combination for about three years and they work great."

jMARIEb (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "After suffering with burning mouth syndrome for over a year, my doctor said that he had had good luck with one other patient using orally disintegrating clonazepam. I quickly got his Rx for it. It dissolves easily on my tongue (no bad taste) and I take it twice a day, 12 hours apart. After about 10 days I can say than I am ecstatic that my burning mouth syndrome seems to have disappeared. I have a little left over mouth pain but that I can attribute to my upper denture. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I certainly think it's worth a try if you can tolerate it. My only side effects were a little dizziness for a couple of days (didn't drive), then daytime drowsiness. I don't work, so this posed no problem for me. hurray!"

JBB7951 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was an iv meth user for 6 months and I'm really proud to say I'm clean since march 05/16. I went one month detox until I couldn't handle the racing thoughts and tense-ness through my whole body. Finally I go to a doctor and Valium fixed me up for one month then weaned of that. Still experiencing some same symptoms so he tried propranolol. Which helped take the edge off but hardly so I switched to Zoloft which was hard! But much better thoughts. Still tense still freeze up in situations still worry about an minor inconvenience I would cry and think about death just death in general my brain would stick to one thing and float around everything else. Until I got clonazapam. I can think things through, keep calm when pressured, and live!"

Alivinglady November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for insomnia and towards the end of my manic episode my brain was gone when I was really logical and smart and insightful during my episode the nurses and resident thought and didn't even think I had a mental illness and thought it was only my personality (I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type) but by the end of my recovery and after the high doses of clonazepam and only being on it for 2 months I was already doing stupid stuff I wouldn't ever do and even called my cousin my other cousin's name on thanksgiving when I greeted him and I've never been this stupid in my life."

someone114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "benzos will burn your nervous system and neural circuits, dont be stupid this drug is just a mask to the problem, once you get off it. if you have a panic disorder, your panic attacks will explode during the withdrawal, if you find hope in this drug, I seriously recommend you rethink your life decisions before taking it any further, I had bad experience, it took only 1 benzo for me to realize this isnt the cure. To those people suffering panic attacks, you have to conquer it naturally and with SSRI meds, I wouldn't take the time to come here and write this if I didnt want to help anyone, benzos are like any other illicit drug, they blind you and make you think you just took 5 steps forward, when you come off it you are 100 steps back.GL"

anonyy November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've had severe anxiety for as long as I can remember...clonazepam has actually helped in so many ways I would recommend it if your anxiety is really bad. The cons though it makes you sleepy "

Numberoneashley November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Don't know as yet because am just about to go on to it...Sounds really intriging!! i say with abated breath as I'm plum-tuckered colloquial for absolutely pooped.. That means in slang that I am really tired and out of sorts...In other words up the pole...Absolutely all-in.. Good morning am soon going to have a nap on the office floor...10.04a.m GMT Grantham mean time!!!??"

Basil Hare (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I don't understand why there are so many high (8-10) ratings for this drug. After reading so many who experienced negative effects, yet they gave a high rating. My first night taking my 1mg. prescription, I woke up thirsty and spilled water all over myself. Not a big deal. A while later, I rolled out of bed onto a bedside table and bruised myself badly. I had never before fallen out of bed. After the first night, I slept well and continued using it with no noticeable side effects. After using up my 3 months prescription, I was told that I needed to go to my doctor's office for paper prescription. I'm 68 years old, disabled and live 16 miles from my doctor's office. I am now suffering with horrible withdrawal symptoms!"

Spd 1341 November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I take .5 klonopin and i still get really bad anxiety on it. I tried telling my psych about it but she said it was okay. Personally, I dont think it works and im 122lb."

SARannR November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I have been on this med when I was diagnosed with UC in 2007. Due to the nature of my job and the stress. I only take when needed, have gone over a month when it wasn't needed. Also, anyone who has WD from this med must be on a large dose. I personally never experienced any problems when off it. It's a miracle pill for me. Every six months I see my gastroenterologist and stay on top of all info on the medication. It's a blessing."

Jersey Shore November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This medicine has destroyed my life. Yes it works well and yes I was able to sleep but tolerance build up quickly you need to keep increasing your dose. It might not increase and everyone but it did for me. It also ended up causing a major depression from use which I cannot get out of. I also went through the worst withdrawal trying to get off of this and I am still unable to sleep since using it. I think it affected my brain's chemistry. I literally only sleep 5 to 6 hours a week since quitting. I know the Temptation could be great to start it because as I said it works for insomnia and anxiety but be warned it is nearly impossible to get out of your life. I'm currently on family medical leave from work trying to get my life back together"

Jml76 November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Stay away from this nightmare drug it can in most likely cause depression and more it's dangerous i had withdrawals for months horrible......."

laurahope November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have tried clonazepam and had no luck. I have had BMS for over 3 years now and absolutely nothing has helped agonizing pain. Have been to both Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. Mayo recommended the dissolving clonazepam but even after telling them muiltiplte times during my interview that I could not tolerate any kind of sweetner, they gave me tablet with aspertine in it! Have also tried just regular clonazepam left in my mouth for 3 minutes and then spit but no help either. Have tried all other remedies and meds to no avail. Take 1 mg xanax 3 x day to help manage anxiety from overwhelming pain."

Mdscl November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "For generalized anxiety, this medication is probably the best or second best out there for it. It helps tremendously with general anxiety. When it comes to panic disorder, I would say it has its pros and cons but overall is good. If you only take Clonazepam for panic attacks, and that's the only time you take it, it should be great. (And was for me!) If you take it daily to prevent panic attacks, I think it also works great. But if you take it daily to prevent but end up still getting one, it doesn't help too much. But it's one of the better benzos to take as a regimen (though there is no* such thing as a good regimen) but it has its peak effect at around 2-3 hours and can last long, making it a great reliever for many! It's helped me!"

KyleFontenot (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Helps me live a normal life even tho I have Agoraphobia. This medicine kicks my panic disorder in the butt and keeps in down ALL DAY! Unlike Xanax that wears off in 4 hours and leaves you shaking. Also helps me through these uncomfortable Xanax withdrawals. I do feel like I need a stronger dose. I'm 145lbs and physically fit, I take .5mg and I don't feel high or drunk, just normally calm. I haven't tried doing anything outstanding on this drug yet. Maybe with more CBT I'll make more strides on this drug."

Eseloco954 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have used Klonopin over the years for anxiety and I've been looking in the internet saying it's so hard to get off of I've never had a problem I used to take 3 milligrams a day on and off for years and then when I quit I just quit I've never had a problem I don't understand where the problem lies with this drug because I've never had a problem coming off has anybody else had problems"

no problems November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Medicine good.too much sleep. how do you stop sleeping"

rOor October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Very useful medicine. Could finally sleep while on it and wasnt nearly as anxious as usual. No side effects so far."

Dawn_marie_6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Anyone taking clonazapam, PLEASE take note. Took it for RLS and I loved it, got great sleep with no apparent side affects. Thought this was the answer until dosage had to be increased to be effective. Been on 1.5 mg for seven years and when it stopped working, I then learned the hard way you must wean off very slowly and the detoxing is horrible! This is what no one tells you! Had I known it would be like this, I'd NEVER have gone on it...and I do understand the trials of RLS! Nothing is worth this! Look up side affects of stopping clonazapam and how long it takes to detox, you'll be shocked...I was. Felt like I was going to die (and the really bad stuff doesn't start until 3d or 4th day being off..., look out)! Please be informed!"

Live N lean (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016