User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 993 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "I take 0.25mg - 0.5 mg of this to help manage anxiety heading into public speaking events (about once a month). It helps me feel focused and relaxed instead of being anxious and worried for no reason. At a low dosage (once a month or so) I don't feel any of the major side effects people have described. For awhile I felt guilty about taking this and tried to work with a therapist instead and doing meditation which did not entirely relieve my situational anxiety."

relievedinnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "This medication, when used properly, does help with generalized anxiety. The only problem is I was never told how to take it properly. I became addicted, and a bit suicidal. It wreaked absolute havoc on my life and the lives of my family. Name the side effect - I had it. It caused depression so bad, that I couldn't get out of bed. Insomnia to the point of where I was convinced I was losing my mind. Looking back now, it's hard to believe I ever felt the way I did, but I did. Please do research on the drug before taking it."

Mel12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I was diagnosed with pediatric migraines when I was 3 months old. After that I literally had a migraine every 3 months like clockwork for almost 23 years. I got so used to my "every 3 months cycle" that when I knew it was time for it to come around, I would actually warn school and work that I'd be needing at least 3 to 5 days off. I literally don't know anyone who gets them as bad as I do, I vomit and I'm extremely sensitive to light and sound and I literally can't get out of bed for 3 to 5 days. They've caused me several jobs and several missed days of school. I've been prescribed over 20 different medications trying to find that worked but nothing ever did. Then I had a friend show me Clonazepam and ever since then, been migraine free!"

Holly Marie February 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had severe OCD starting around 14. My anxiety level was horrible. At age of about 50 a doctor said he would calm me down so I could be more functional. I took 4 1mg tablets a day with no side effects other than lowering my anxiety to a acceptable level. I still take klonopin and consider it best drug I have ever tried and still use it"

Totem February 13, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Been taking 0.5-1mg clonazepam for 20 years for PTSD flashbacks. Diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 years ago. Because of scoliosis and spinal stenosis the only exercise I can do comfortably is stationary bike. Usually do this 5 out of 7 days a week. The past week or so I did none for various reasons. The past several nights the RLS has been so bad I've awakened 3-4 times and tried the clonazepam. Helped at first, but for no more than 1 hour. From reading articles I think I must get myself back to the bike. Then I'll know for sure. The clonazepam still works very well for panic/anxiety/flash backs. Thankful for that."

jigsawlady (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have had anxiety all my life!-40 years. During one very long 3 week period of being in what my psychologist called a "panic state," I absolutely had to ask my doctor for something that would help me begin to function again. I don't prefer to medicate unless it is absolutely necessary, and while taking this is not exactly something that I wanted my situation to come to, I eventually decided that if I did not opt for some type of pharmaceutical intervention, I might have had a stroke from the insane physical stress, which was bringing me to the brink of insanity. ONE pill before bed one evening did the trick for me. It was like hitting the reset button, and I woke up rested, calm, and totally fine again. Haven't needed another pill yet."

2BAnnonymous February 11, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Scary drug. Took the lowest dose for anxiety, came to three hours later. Totally blacked out. Still don't remember a thing that went on till this day. Good thing I was at home when I took it."

Manda284 February 10, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was put on klonopin at age 17. I took it as prescribed for 20 years, going from 0. 5mgs to 3-4mgs a day. While it worked great for anxiety and insomnia, I wish I had never taken this medication. Last year I was detoxed off of it. When I tapered off I didn't sleep at all for 11 days. After that I had extreme anxiety and agitation. I couldn't sit still for months, I had to take a non addictive medication to be able to sleep at all. I was unable to eat well for months. Doctors don't think to tell you that this medication makes you physically dependant. You cannot stop abruptly or you risk seizures. It is made for short term use, about 2 weeks. I wish I had never taken this medication. I will never take another benzodiazapine again."

Firechild877 (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I noted marked decrease in intellectual ability and memory. I need to go off this med for Neoropych testing and 48 hour EEG, although I have high stressors in my life so I need to take it. When I wean down I get sinus tachycardia. Hr of 122 at rest. Taking Klonapin makes HR decrease to 80's."

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "This Clonopin does not work at all. It makes me nauseous and irritable. It also gives me acne. They were out of the yellow tablets so they gave me the pink ones instead. I will not take these pain pills anymore."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have had Burning Mouth Syndrome for nearly 5 years. Clonazapam does help, but does not take the pain away completely. I am on other meds to help with the pain..mostly anxiety meds and some meds for Parkinsons Disease that are known to help with BMS. I have had GAD the majority of my life and BMS started in the downward spiral of my mother's impending death, a job of 20 years I quit to help her and start my own business, and my only child leaving for college. Anxiety and neurological disorders run in my family. Thought I was pretty healthy until this bomb hit me."

Kris P (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam would be a great medicine if it wasn't addictive & known to cause dementia. Those are the reasons why my doctor removed me off of this medicine. When I took it it helped take the edge off my anxiety. I didn't have many side effects from it & I never became addicted to it. The only side effect I had was it would make me tired sometimes. That's it. Even with it being addictive & being known to cause dementia, I still give it a 7 out of 10 stars because it was very effective for me. It would have gotten 10 stars if it was safer to take & if it had ridded me of my anxiety completely."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug works well "short term". As all of the literature you have read about it says. However, "Short Term" is ambiguous. For some people "Short Term" might mean it retains it's efficacy for 2 years without problem as it did for me. If it seems you have been on this for years and it's still working, don't fool yourself. 2 Important things to note. 1. Tolerance withdrawal - Doctors will never tell you about this, some don't even acknowledge that it exists. This means that when your body has developed tolerance to this medicine, even though you keep taking your steady dose, you will start to experience god awful withdrawal symptoms. Believe it. 2. Taking over 1.5-2mg per day does not provide any benefit."

ocdeed February 1, 2016

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I have been percribed a multitude of medications in the last year and a half or so. As it turns out I have been very sensitive to the first 2 types of antidepressants.cipralex was the first then zoloft. I have been diagnosed with what the Dr said as a" high anxiety mood disorder" It seems that life as I once knew it has melted away and I feel so ashamed and empty. The zoloft was such a horrible experience for me. I also was perscribed clonazepam 0.5mg =3"

Sandieloin January 31, 2016

For Anxiety: "I suffer from chronic, delbilitating anxiety 24/7 can't function, focus, family & friends withdraw from me as they don't understand the disorder or try to learn about it. I have been on 2mg of clonazapam for 12 years and when my anxiety gets to a certain point I take a pill and approx. 20 minutes later, my stomach stops hurting, my chest losens up, I breath normally, feel the fear fading away until finally I am relaxed and a totally different person.... my real self : )"

Joanna Hampton (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on Clonazepam (.5 mg) for almost 6 months now. I already take Wellbutrin for depression but my anxiety levels were still a little high. I told my doctor and he prescribed the Clonazepam and told me to "take as needed". Well "as needed" for me is usually 2 nights a week, depending. If I am feeling anxious, I'll pop one. It has helped my anxiety greatly. It takes the edge off and brings my level of anxiety down to a manageable level. In addition, it helps me get to sleep quicker and helps me stay asleep. From what I have read about the drug, it can interfere with REM sleep but I wake up feeling fine. My only side effects are that I sleep too long and wake up feeling groggy/drugged but that's about it."

3GS842 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I just started taking this medication daily at night bc I just can't sleep at all. It has been a month now and I can finally sleep all night. I feel great to get my life back in order with no side affects thus far and feel much happier. Heaven sent for me. Love my neurologist."

rose west side January 26, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Increased depression at higher doses, which are needed as your system becomes tolerant and you always will need to increase the dosage to get relief of the anxiety, negative thoughts in general, fear of withdrawal, agoraphobia if you do run out before refill, severe memory problems the longer you are on it, tolerance develops quickly and what started out as 0.5 twice a day is now 3mg a day which leads to almost constant fatigue and a general feeling of hopelessness that doesn't go away."

flairsag1 January 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking lorazapam (Adivan) when I was 16 (I'm 32 now) for panic attacks and anxiety, 2mg twice a day. They did work well but had a short half life. I had 3 grand mal seizures when I was trying to come off of them. I switched to klonopin 6 years ago because a new Dr said that they would keep me on a more even keel because of their longer half life and he was right!! But even on klonopin, which ARE addictive, I had a grand mal seizure when trying to ween off. So I just take my klonopin as directed, 1mg 3x a day and I feel normal. Some people try to say that benzo's aren't addictive, but that's a lie. So just be careful when u hear others say that they can take their medication only when they "need it"."

Jennieliz (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Love this med..it works!! I take it in conjunction with my antidepressant, Lexapro! I have never felt happier! My depression, panic attacks and anxiety started when I hit puberty and I never wanted to take meds.. I'm basically a "drug free" person..but this is an exception due to the fact depression/anxiety can literally kill you!! These meds were needed during and especially after a horrific abusive 4 1/2 yr "relationship", almost lost my life!! Had flashbacks and nightmares, but I got through with seroquel to sleep. When I wake up I take klonipin and Lexapro..about 4-5 hrs later I take .5 xanax, sometimes two 0.5's if needed!! DO NOT take klonipin and xanax at the same time due to the fact they are in the same class of meds!!"

LisaLeigh1763 January 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I take Klonopin for anxiety, 2 mg - 4 mg per day as situationally needed. It is not habit forming and I have no side effects. I can go several days without needing it, then when I do it's very helpful to bring calm and relaxation and significantly reduce depression. I think some people on here are confusing the side effects of Lexapro and other SSRIs commonly prescribed along with Klonopin. More than likely it's the SSRIs that are causing the nasty side effects and withdrawal symptoms, as I went through that myself when I stopped taking the anti-depressants. I find Klonopin by itself to be high effective without any negative effects, and I have stopped all other SSRIs because of their sexual side effects and worsening of depression."

SuperRyeGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I am still in the very early stages of taking this Med. My doc prescribed it after the ativan wasn't enough anymore. I've been taking 2mg every 12 hrs (still getting use to the side effects) but overall it seems my migraines are very minor so far.I've been taking less of my migraine meds, which I'm extremely happy about. "

mic714 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I started this drug at about 12 years old, used it for about 7 years. Very effective for anxiety/panic attacks, but much too powerful. While on it, I was so drowsy I could barely stay awake, my mental performance suffered, I became an emotionless zombie, and suffered severe chronic constipation that made me late everywhere I'd go. Also true hell to get off of, even with a slow taper--worst panic attacks of my life, felt like I couldn't bear it, failed several times. And the worst part? I'm still suffering disabling cognitive impairment and chronic constipation to this day--about 7 years after STOPPING the drug. For all I know, I'm stuck with these now forever. My advice? Run--like hell--from benzodiazepines. They may just ruin your life."

Ex-Clonazepam User (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2016

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "Ok, I've been on benzodiazepines for over 3 years. Including Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, and Restoril. I was Rx'd Xanax 1mg 3x daily for 8 months, worked great, but tolerance builded rapidly and I DIDN'T want to raise my dose. So then I got Rx'd Ativan 2mg 3x daily, for 9 months same situation. Then I got put on Valium 10mg 4x daily for a year. Valium worked the best because of the extremely long half life. Then I wanted to get off BENZODIAZEPINES completly. My doctor said you can't quit cold turkey, So I got Rx'd Klonopin, started at 3mg, went down .5mg every 2 weeks. Now I'm Benzo free, Thank you Klonopin!"

Klonazepam (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016