User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

8.6

15 reviews
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,263 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "I am 50. I have taken clonazepam 0.5 mg every night for 10 years. It gives me beautiful sleep. I have never needed more. I have been insomniac all my life with mild GAD. It kills the sex drive and so I try just half a tab a couple nights a week. I don't sleep very well with half tab. With all the hype about how bad it is long term, I have tried weaning back, but with poor sleep I become depressed and irritable. My estrogen is high, my testosterone has been low ever since I started taking it. I've always wondered what connection it has with hormones. It is a wonder drug in so many ways for me. Maybe when I am finally done with menopause I will consider weaning off."

pati-o (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2017

For Insomnia: "It startet a year ago with 0.5mg Clonazepam, now I am on 1.5 mg of Clonazepam, it basically stopped working for my insomnia. I went to see my doc, he prescribed me Temazepam (Restoril) which has a very short half life, half of that of Clonazepam, sure enough it didn't work! I called my doctor and he said he would call in Ativan (Lorazepam) at my pharmacy, I should take 1 mg. Ativan has an even shorter half life than Temazepam, besides the equivalent dosage of 1.5 mg Clonazepam is 3 mg! of course that 1 mg didn't do anything. And on top of that I got withdrawing symptoms from not taking Clonazepam! I called my doctor again, he was agitated and told me to take 30 mg Temazepam together with 1 mg Ativan together with 10 mg Zyprexa!!!! I fired him"

Christian212 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Literally the best medication I've ever taken for my panic/anxiety disorder! I used to get panic attacks over the smallest things and it took over my life, not an exaggeration either. I started taking this 4 years ago and have been on it ever since. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 years. This medicine has literally changed my life."

MerMer6 June 21, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have GAD which causes insomnia. I have taken Klonopin 2 mg at night as a sleep aid, for about 3 years. No problem developing tolerance, which I have had with other Benzos such as Ambien & Lunesta. My doc says he has many patients using Klonopin as a sleep aid for many years with no problems. Daytime I take Zoloft 150 mg and Neurontin 1600mg to control the GAD. I think the long half life Klonopin has helped daytime anxiety. After suffering from under-medicated GAD for 40 years, I now have a drug combo that has essentially cured my anxiety and insomnia. The only negative to Klonopin as a sleep aid is it takes 2 hrs+ to produce sleep. But then, a restful 8 hrs. So just remember to take it early. Say 9:00 if you want to go to sleep at 11:30"

Danny66 June 21, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "I'm currently on 2 mg TID (3 times a day). I was a 2 on a scale of 1-10 before I found Klonopin. It has helped me get up to a 7. I also take Paxil. Find a good psychiatrist or doctor who understand that people with anxiety need anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazepines). If you take as prescribed, you will see way more positive than negative."

KlonopinHelps (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

For Anxiety: "Honestly, how well this works depends on the generic you get, and whether it works well for you. In my case, I took off two points for the Sandoz generic. Seriously, Sandoz generic Clonazepam sucks!! But Teva, which some people hate, is so strong that I actually have to divide my dose between morning and evening, or I won't be able to get up. LOL. So, rule of thumb, be VERY careful when switching generics of this drug, because you may get your butt kicked like I did."

a5n8g8e2l4a (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks 30 years ago. I didn't know what was happening to me. Up at night couldn't sleep and everyone else sleep. I would have a feeling of detachment from myself when driving and hyperventilate. I found out I was having panic attacks and had agoraphobia, social anxiety. I was afraid to drive across bridges and pass cars. I was prescribed clonazapam wafers 0.25 and Zoloft 25 mg to start then 50 mg of Zoloft. Clonazapam really helps my anxiety and driving. I had anxiety at night afraid to go to sleep, it has helped me. People say it's addicting, well it helps me so I will continue to use it...I was tired of having anxiety all my life since the 1980's..this is 2017, too long suffering with this disorder."

f2vick55 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I am a 9/11 victim. After a year in the hospital I never took a drug. I never even had drugs before this nor would I take Tylenol. I didn't drink until my mid 20s. I was 19-almost buried in rubble. I hid my Anxiety by cancelling or drinking. I was too afraid to take pills as crazy as it sounds bc I didn't want to not be in control. 10 years later I couldn't go into a meeting, then step into work, then the train, then my house. Panic attacks are debilitating and I knew that my life would end. I was given a choice- to take this med or looney bin. It stopped it head on. Take Lexapro same time daily and 3 months was off of clonazepam. Kept on Lexapro. If you need another med to take daily and use this 1 when needed. U will be super drowsy so take it at night"

Ifb (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

For Insomnia: "Took this for a decade for insomnia. Didn't realize until I tried to taper off that it was causing migraines. Although this drug did not seem like it was causing problems while I was taking it, (I took it exactly as the doctor prescribed) trying to get off has left me completely disabled. I never had panic attacks in my life until trying to get off this medication, and which point I started having them daily for 3 months. Tapering off this medication has left me in extreme physical pain (doctor said it is nervous system damage from being on klonopin almost 10 years). My muscles ache, my skin feels like it is on fire, and my bones feel like they have been plugged into an electrical socket. It has affected my vision and my hearing."

clonazepamSux (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medicine since 2001! So, over 15+ years. For two years I took 2mg then 1mg at bed and another 0.5mg if I wake in middle of night, as without it it can take me 4 hours to fall or fall back to sleep. I have severe insomnia and only take at night time. Never during day. I have never built up a tolerance to this. When I go without,... even for 5 months once, zero withdrawals! Zero side effect. However I go back to bad sleep, which I had before. Never been dependent, as you can tell I can go without....for months. I just have not found a medication that puts my mind at ease and "gently" relaxes me so I can surrender to sleep. Doctor now is feeling pressure from industry to reduce my dosage. Zero harm to me. :("

krene (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have had chronic anxiety since I was a child that worsened over time. Klonipin gave me back my life. There were times that I could not even get a breath from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. This obviously turned into panic attacks. I tried SSRI's and SNRI's that are supposedly safer however, they created more anxiety and they are not at all safer. Seratonin can build up and cause a sudden death. So as long as you do not abuse this medication and see a licensed MD it is safe and effective. I would like to add that I recently found out that I have an adrenal condition that causes anxiety and being treated for that has reduced many of my symptoms so make sure you have a full work up,many endocrine problems are the origin."

Bevc7 May 28, 2017

For Anxiety: "Excellent medicine if taken appropriately. Find a Dr who understands anxiety disorders and isn't just an antidepressant pusher. That's the biggest challenge. Once you have a doctor who prescribes what you need you'll be great. I take 2 mgs bid (twice a day) and I'm a different person."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I thank God for the doctor who was willing to give me 0.5 mg of Klonopin for the restless leg syndrome I was having from the horrible dopamine reuptake inhibitors that other doctors were giving me. This drug was like a warm blanket in the cold for me, stopping my twisting and turning within 20 minutes. However, I give it 7 stars because it is not useful for long term treatment, as the withdrawal symptoms can be much worse than restless leg syndrome. Also, one must NEVER drink alcohol with this drug, which is a bummer if you want a glass of red wine. "

Marty Theophilus May 28, 2017

For Anxiety: "My PCP prescribed this after long term use of Paroxetine was not helping all of the time. I get panic attacks often. Vomiting, pacing, crying, and hyperventilating. Ugly stuff. She prescribed Clonazepam 0.5mg as needed. I was afraid to take it, I have an addictive personality and my siblings have abused benzos in the past. However, I truly take it as needed! I split all of the pills in half. If I take one half before I do something that I know usually triggers an attack, I'm good to go but I'm not usually THAT lucky. If I feel an attack coming on, I take one half. I usually wait 15-30 minutes and take the second half ONLY IF NEEDED. I have come to find that this has been the best thing for my anxiety in conjunction with the Paroxetine."

3ur3ka May 26, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "A new doctor switched me from lorazepam to this a few years ago. It was awful. I had horrific nightmares and was afraid to go to sleep. I know that sounds juvenile but I was truly afraid. I didn't get much sleep for the four days I was on it. A few naps in the afternoon. Thankfully I wasn't working but I felt horrible. Thing that scared me enough to tell the doctor it wasn't working for me: drove to the airport to pick up my husband and I had no recall of how I got there."

lonestar26 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017