User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

7.6
Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 958 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Panic Disorder: "I have experienced several forms of anxiety/PTSD from childhood. I had a very crazy childhood, watching my mom being beaten, seeing a lot of blood, dealing with alcoholics all around me and moving related to abusive man that was literally "hunting" my mother down for a good 3 years. I have blank parts in my memories of my childhood and most of the memories I do have are not good. When you are 4-5 years old and are awakened to an ax tearing down your front-door and having to flee for your life, it kinda ruins you. Also watching so much abuse toward my mother and even her friend, the blood, the guns etc., I basically grew up in a war zone. My flight or flight response is hyperactive and I think it always will be. I take 4-6 mgs a day."

CaliFlower68 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2015

For Night Terrors: "My night terrors were getting out of control and have mainly disappeared since I started on Clonazepam. I take .5mgs at night only."

Jupiter74 December 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I had continually worsening panic attacks a couple days after having an MRI for an unrelated issue. The MRI brought up some claustrophobia issues I didn't know where there. Two days later I had a nightmare about claustrophobia and then is spiralled down from there...started having phobias and panics about other things. Doctor put me on generic version of Klonopin and it immediately took the panic away -- seriously in about 5 minutes. I now take it once a day and will see doctor in a couple weeks to see what to do then. Has worked great for me."

Recent taker of Klonopin December 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have great luck on clonazepam. Not only does it help with anxiety, it helps with my hand pain. As a result I am taking fewer narcos. I have had no luck with gabapentine and lorazapam. I take the clonazepam for 3 weeks then take xanax for the remaining week I have a huge tolerance and I am worried the clonazepam may stop wporking. Someone mentioned hydroxyzine. I found that it is only good for helping with mild allergies and contact dermititis. I am amazed dr. Prescribe this for anxiety Also, being on clonazepam has allowed me to cut back on my other medications, pain meds, muscle relaxers, nuerotin, and anti depressants. The clonazepam controls my anxiety which helps abate my pain easing my depression. Best of luck. "

bluerook December 24, 2015

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Hi there everyone. I have suffered from BMS for almost 9 months. 2 Doctors and a naturopath could not diagnose me, but I diagnosed myself after reading many articles and posts. I also went to my GP and asked him to prescribe Clonazepam. He had never heard of it's use (for this) and I was the first ever in his surgery who complained of such a problem. Anyway, luckily I got in to see an Oral Surgeon only today. He confirmed I have BMS and prescribed .5mg Clonazepam to start with. It seems we who suffer have a trigger point event which has initiated stress and anxiety in our brains, causing the pathways to be blocked and not causing our nerve endings to work properly. I will check in again in a few weeks and let you know, but do see your GP"

LGMus December 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "I started talking Clonazepam a week and a half ago for my Generalized Anxiety disorder.... let me tell you its is WONDERFUL, it took my anxiety almost from the first day, I take 0.5 in the morning and 0.5 at night and have not had any anxiety in a week and a half which is a miracle for me since I had anxiety since I was a teenager. Now the bad news is that its causing a lot of weight gain for me, 10 lb in week and a half,,,,, its not OK with me..... I have been struggling with my weight forever and had finally got to where I am a little comfortable with it, I am 39 and do not need to gain weight,,,,, its making me depressed. I really love having no anxiety but absolutely hate the weight gain..."

Summercox December 22, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I've been getting panic attacks for 3 years now since I lost my father which I was very close to ... At the begining I was prescribed 2mg clonazepam ( rivotril ) 3 X every day . I was on it for 2 weeks and found myself with absolutely no anxiety at all but the dosage was too much and I was basically feeling like a plant ... I stopped abrubtly for 6 months and now I'm occasionally using it . I am sure given I live a very stressfull life that I have built up a tolerance pretty strong. Sometimes I take another 2 mg of clonazepam in between 4 hours or 5 hours even though I took one already . It still helps with anxiety but I feel I have to take more and more and I don't want to do that ... any help ? thank you"

Baki December 19, 2015

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam works wonders for anxiety. However, it is extremely addictive. This medication is like booze in a pill and once you get addicted, it's very difficult getting off it. There are terrible withdrawal symptoms from this drug. After using Clonazepam for 4 years, I'm going through what's called "tolerance withdrawal" but of course there is no medical term for it. Doctors will tell you that there is no such thing as "tolerance withdrawal". "When tolerance develops, "withdrawal" symptoms can appear even though the user continues to take the drug. Thus the symptoms suffered by many long-term users are a mixture of adverse effects of the drugs and "withdrawal" effects due to to tolerance" "

Anonymous128914 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I used to have panic and anxiety very bad, for many years I self medictaed with illegal drugs. Finally, at 29 yrs old I wearily went to a doctor who gave me klonopin and an anti-depressant. In one hour I gradually felt all the panic go away, anxiety was gone. I really smiled for the first time, the world was great. I was contemplating suicide a day before I was prescribed klonopin, this drug saved my life. I continue to take it 1mg twice a day with lexapro 20mg. My life is good and I am happy, but now my mental health doctor reads that benzo medication "may" lead to dementia,etc. So now she wants me to stop taking it, she says she does not want her name on anything linked to her prescribing benzos. Now I must detox? Find another Doctor!!"

Antibenzo December 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have spent years not getting proper sleep. I went to visit the hospital and the Doctor Stuck me on Clonazepam when I told him about my sleeping issues. Since I have taken it I have been able to sleep good. Still a bit early to tell but so far I give it a 7 out of 10."

No-Sleep-Cadance (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I am coming off of this med and it's freaking horrible. Number one: I said it did not work and was making my anxiety worse. My doc kept me on it 2 mg day plus 20mg lexapro. Never again. I have to say it is rubbish because you can't just stop. Going to a new therapist today. Thank God. Stay away from this pill."

Mykiea December 9, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking .5 MG of Clonazepan for 3 years. With out it I get no sleep due to Horrid Leg Cramps, Frozen Muscles, Spasms. I have tried all available vitamins, minerals and sleep aids. I only take it before bed time and it has worked like a charm. My new Dr wants to take me off it because he says it interferes with rem sleep. Ha, so does Horrid Leg Cramps, Frozen Muscles, Spasms . Ever see a foot ball player rolling around the field with leg cramps. That's me in bed with out Cloanzepan. I have no side effects going off of it if I run out except for all my symptoms returning. He wants me off it and wants me to try pramipexole. I'll try but I may have to fire him if I no longer can tolerate the agony of chronic leg , groin pulls ."

Snowplace December 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "When you start it is great! After time, if you take breaks this drug can work well. Clearly, if you take it each day it is as good as useless for anxiety. All medical evidence shows this."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "I started with a low 0.5 - 1 mg dose and would take it as needed for insomnia/anxiety. I hated the thought of being dependent so I fought taking it consistently. I also started taking higher doses. All of that caused me to to have bad days and good days... but not worth the dependency. Eventually I quit cold turkey. It took 10 awful days to get off it but then I was ok. The problem was I wasn't sleeping again. The insomnia was making my life miserable. I revisited klonopin and decided to take the same small dosage every single night of .25 per night and the results have been amazing The dose is so small that I have no negative side effects and I have been sleeping great for 6 months now. I'm probably dependent now but it's worth the sleep"

Rob2 December 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "Keep me calm and stress free. I don't fly off the handle over little things. This narcotic really does the trick. Only if you follow the prescribed INSTRUCTIONS. do not abuse."

Rondelaware (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking klonopin for several years. I find it helps more than the short-term benzos like Xanax and Valium. For one with BPD, Bipolar, and Anxiety Attacks, this pill is a godsend. I usually do not advocate pharmaceuticals, but I have never had my anxiety quelled like klonopin does. It is highly effective for any type of anxiety, and stops panic in its tracks after 15-20 mins of administering. This is the only pill that i'm on that I advocate. The only warning I have is that it has high potential for dependence, and the body gets used to having it constantly. Sometimes it requires upping the dosage. PLEASE start on 0.5 mg. If your dr starts you on 1mg, it will bring on extreme fatigue, and decreased motor function."

Veronica P. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started suffering with panic disorder for 3 years and was not using any treatment. It got to the point to where I was agoraphobic and wouldn't leave my house I was scared for my life and felt like I wasn't even a human being anymore I suffered dramatically from what is called derealization I ended up turning myself into a hospital that had a mental health outpatient program which put me on klonopin 0.5 mg twice a day and it literally changed my life I finally have a life again and can move around and do things, I can go to work I still once in awhile start to have panic but the Klonopin doesn't allow me to actually have a panic attack. My general anxiety is now down to nothing and I can feel like I can live again. The first month had its ups and downs"

Hotastrology (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm taking this in combination with Zoloft. I take 0.25 mg of Klonopin (half a pill) twice a day. It's a very low dose, but in combination with the Zoloft has been effective at managing my anxiety. I was originally taking 0.5 twice a day but that was making me too drowsy to concentrate on work. Overall this is a great med for anxiety, especially when waiting for an SSRI to start working."

frances123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "After 2 months of my doctor giving me non addictive pills to try to treat anxiety, and them working to no avail he finally prescribed me a benzo, and this was the one. I quit my job, didn't leave my apartment for 2 years, was letting my health go. I take 0.5mg when needed, and it has allowed me to make appointments, leave my place, and get my life back. I have been taking it for about 2 months. 1 a day sometimes 2, some days none. Depends on what the day has in store for me. It is long lasting, and will put you in a zone of comfort and ease. It doesn't make me tired or dizzy like the hydroxyzine I was first given."

2 Bit Brutus (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "In conjunction with 40mg of Lexapro at bedtime clonazepam is extremely effective."

Docacon (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2015

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam probably saved my life. I've been on it for twelve years. It was originally prescribed to me because my antidepressant was not doing the job of suppressing panic attacks. Clonazepam worked incredibly well for me - for 12 years, .5 milligrams is all I need to stop the worst of panic attacks. I've never noticed any side effects, save for some drowsiness at times. The only downside that I've experienced is a mild physical dependence. If I go more than two days without a clonazepam, I start to feel kind of jittery, restless, and tense. These periods of physical dependence have been easily remedied though, by simply easing up on the dose over the course of a couple of weeks."

Rigoletto (taken for 10 years or more) November 17, 2015

For Insomnia: "Worked great for sleep during menopause. Started to get boils and I had never had them before in my life. They were awful. Had a staph infection. My immune system was compromised. As I weaned myself off my feet ached constantly. After 6 months off no more boils but feet still ache occasionally."

Anonymous November 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Clonazepam 3 years ago at a dosage of 1mg SIX times/day. I weaned myself down to 1mg/twice daily within 6 months b/c my tolerance was rapidly building. Fast forward 2 years: I am PREGNANT. I was taken off the medication cold turkey. At first, I was convinced that if I didn't come off of this drug while pregnant, I was nothing more than evil and selfish. I tried to come off and simply couldn't, especially with work obligations. I had old pills that I used to help wean myself off. I got myself down to 1mg/day when I ran out. My doc just wrote me a lower dosage script, after making me feel like a murderer. I am 5 months and so far, the baby is healthy and developing normally. I'll continue to wean and pray for my baby."

Klono-DON'T! (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Put me in ICU loss of sense of danger and lots of black out, auditory hallucinations, loss of the ability to control my own movements (body made own actions without me even thinking of doing that) like being trapped in your own body but your body is a prison so you just watch your self doing all these things and you have no way to stop it was on 0.5 for five days"

Shamoooo November 10, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed at the age of 15 with Bipolar. I really never understood why that was my disgnosis.. maybe cause of my horrible depressions at a very young age and well having to go thru alot very early in life might have been the cause of that. I suffered alot from Anxiety or panic attacks and i must say that Klonopin has been the best drug i have ever had, even better than Xanax. It relaxes me instead of that sedation feeling Xanax used to give me and also last longer. I can now sleep better as well. So in conclusion Klopin is amazing and way better than Xanax and ofcourse this is to my opinión"

JackieA87 November 8, 2015