User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 978 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "I've been on Clonazepam (.5 mg) for almost 6 months now. I already take Wellbutrin for depression but my anxiety levels were still a little high. I told my doctor and he prescribed the Clonazepam and told me to "take as needed". Well "as needed" for me is usually 2 nights a week, depending. If I am feeling anxious, I'll pop one. It has helped my anxiety greatly. It takes the edge off and brings my level of anxiety down to a manageable level. In addition, it helps me get to sleep quicker and helps me stay asleep. From what I have read about the drug, it can interfere with REM sleep but I wake up feeling fine. My only side effects are that I sleep too long and wake up feeling groggy/drugged but that's about it."

3GS842 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I just started taking this medication daily at night bc I just can't sleep at all. It has been a month now and I can finally sleep all night. I feel great to get my life back in order with no side affects thus far and feel much happier. Heaven sent for me. Love my neurologist."

rose west side January 26, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Increased depression at higher doses, which are needed as your system becomes tolerant and you always will need to increase the dosage to get relief of the anxiety, negative thoughts in general, fear of withdrawal, agoraphobia if you do run out before refill, severe memory problems the longer you are on it, tolerance develops quickly and what started out as 0.5 twice a day is now 3mg a day which leads to almost constant fatigue and a general feeling of hopelessness that doesn't go away."

flairsag1 January 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking lorazapam (Adivan) when I was 16 (I'm 32 now) for panic attacks and anxiety, 2mg twice a day. They did work well but had a short half life. I had 3 grand mal seizures when I was trying to come off of them. I switched to klonopin 6 years ago because a new Dr said that they would keep me on a more even keel because of their longer half life and he was right!! But even on klonopin, which ARE addictive, I had a grand mal seizure when trying to ween off. So I just take my klonopin as directed, 1mg 3x a day and I feel normal. Some people try to say that benzo's aren't addictive, but that's a lie. So just be careful when u hear others say that they can take their medication only when they "need it"."

Jennieliz (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Love this med..it works!! I take it in conjunction with my antidepressant, Lexapro! I have never felt happier! My depression, panic attacks and anxiety started when I hit puberty and I never wanted to take meds.. I'm basically a "drug free" person..but this is an exception due to the fact depression/anxiety can literally kill you!! These meds were needed during and especially after a horrific abusive 4 1/2 yr "relationship", almost lost my life!! Had flashbacks and nightmares, but I got through with seroquel to sleep. When I wake up I take klonipin and Lexapro..about 4-5 hrs later I take .5 xanax, sometimes two 0.5's if needed!! DO NOT take klonipin and xanax at the same time due to the fact they are in the same class of meds!!"

LisaLeigh1763 January 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I take Klonopin for anxiety, 2 mg - 4 mg per day as situationally needed. It is not habit forming and I have no side effects. I can go several days without needing it, then when I do it's very helpful to bring calm and relaxation and significantly reduce depression. I think some people on here are confusing the side effects of Lexapro and other SSRIs commonly prescribed along with Klonopin. More than likely it's the SSRIs that are causing the nasty side effects and withdrawal symptoms, as I went through that myself when I stopped taking the anti-depressants. I find Klonopin by itself to be high effective without any negative effects, and I have stopped all other SSRIs because of their sexual side effects and worsening of depression."

SuperRyeGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I am still in the very early stages of taking this Med. My doc prescribed it after the ativan wasn't enough anymore. I've been taking 2mg every 12 hrs (still getting use to the side effects) but overall it seems my migraines are very minor so far.I've been taking less of my migraine meds, which I'm extremely happy about. "

mic714 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I started this drug at about 12 years old, used it for about 7 years. Very effective for anxiety/panic attacks, but much too powerful. While on it, I was so drowsy I could barely stay awake, my mental performance suffered, I became an emotionless zombie, and suffered severe chronic constipation that made me late everywhere I'd go. Also true hell to get off of, even with a slow taper--worst panic attacks of my life, felt like I couldn't bear it, failed several times. And the worst part? I'm still suffering disabling cognitive impairment and chronic constipation to this day--about 7 years after STOPPING the drug. For all I know, I'm stuck with these now forever. My advice? Run--like hell--from benzodiazepines. They may just ruin your life."

Ex-Clonazepam User (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2016

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "Ok, I've been on benzodiazepines for over 3 years. Including Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, and Restoril. I was Rx'd Xanax 1mg 3x daily for 8 months, worked great, but tolerance builded rapidly and I DIDN'T want to raise my dose. So then I got Rx'd Ativan 2mg 3x daily, for 9 months same situation. Then I got put on Valium 10mg 4x daily for a year. Valium worked the best because of the extremely long half life. Then I wanted to get off BENZODIAZEPINES completly. My doctor said you can't quit cold turkey, So I got Rx'd Klonopin, started at 3mg, went down .5mg every 2 weeks. Now I'm Benzo free, Thank you Klonopin!"

Klonazepam (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "This drug actually does wonders for insomnia. I took 1 mg at bedtime. Then the doctor abruptly stopped it and sent me into orbit. I didn't get over 2 hr sleep a night for practically and entire month. It's addictive I think. But what is worse is it may cause Alzheimer's disease if used over 6 months. I still had to go back on it to get sleep. I'm in the process of tapering off and getting sleep therapy. This is a very dangerous drug to only be used under 3 months."

MCSEVA (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "A life saver, I am bipolar with panic disorder, also without this medication I would not be able drive, go out in public as I have developed agoraphobia and social phobia in my early twenties, mostly from the shame and fear of losing control or having attacks in public. I would not have any form of normal life or even be able to hold a job. Believe me I have been on every medication or combinations out there. I had no side affects while on this medication. Only reason I am not giving this it a 10 is because it is highly addictive. It is HELL to get off of - don't even try going cold turkey, your anxiety will return double than before, speak to your doctor and taper off it slowly. This medication was kind of a last resort. It helps."

yollawp (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This is much much better and get a much better calming feeling from even valium. My doctor had me on valium since I was 12-16- and I even took it into my 20s 5 mg 3 times per day I was never hooked on it and even took valium vacations so I wouldn't get hooked on it. But klonopin works so much better! it makes you feel happy and loved inside not the fake kind of loved either but really nice warm feelings of pure love and gentleness. My mom died 2 years ago and this is the only medicine that helps calm me down and come back to being happy again thank God for klonopin."

dreamgirl82 January 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Klonipin, off and on, as need for the past 20 years. I suffer from anxiety, mild depression as a result of anxiety and severe bouts of insomnia from the two. One, I have NEVER experienced any bad withdraws when I don't take it. I usually go through a handful of episodes a year with this issue and Klonipin has always pulled me out of it. Once I'm back to feeling normal, I stop taking (sometimes I wean off, sometimes I don't, just depends). When all is said and done I applaud those who can go through life without any help but there are many of us who do for many reasons, diabetes, high blood pressure, migraines, bi polar, etc. So if there is something out there that can help us live a normal life, then why not."

Nickie Marie January 6, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have agoraphobia with panic attacks and severe anxiety. I have been switching between valium and klonopin for years. I recently starting taking 2mg klonopin wafers. I find they work extremely faster then the pill. I now feel relaxed almost immediately vs up to 30 minutes or longer with the pill which isn't helpful when having a panic attack. I can leave my house more often than before. I can go to the store with out dragging one of my kids with me. Still struggling but easier for sure. Before I would drive my kids to and from school and normally wait till picking them up to shop. It's difficult but I'm finding myself more often now going after dropping them off. There for saving them from torture of shopping."

Tmwjinks (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "Well I have been on this drug since 2009. I do not know I had an issue until I had a seizure after coming out of the shower. I had all kinds of tests, and then went to a sleep lab. There they said I never entered into REM. So I was totally sleep deprived. I was put on .5mg and it did the trick. I had the real dream and restless leg syndrome where my wife was scared of me. I would yell kick and literally act my dream out and I would wake up exhausted. Since 2009 I'm getting roughly 6 hr of sleep a night. It is awesome. Still have some nights, once a month depending on stress. I travel internationally and my sleep schedule is messed up so I'm sure it doesn't help. But it has worked for me thus far."

RealDream (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "Don't start this drug for sleep or anxiety!! It's the most addicting drug on the face of this earth. It's more addicting than heroin. I was given this drug and OMG it made everything so much better. Sleep, no anxiety then WHAM it quit working. I had to up the dose from .5 mg to 2 mg then when 2 mg was no longer working my psyche Rx me seraquel bc I couldn't sleep. BIG mistake now I'm dependent on yet another drug that quit working last year ( after 10 years) now I'm on disability for IBS, IC and pelvic floor dysfunction bc I took these drugs. Oh did I add I had to be put on another drug to help sleep so I'm polydrugged. What I'd do to have my life back. Don't ruin your life. Klonopin is poison! "

Sandi1954 January 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "I use everyday Paxil 20 mg. I use Cloanazepan .5 mg. in case of emergency, when I feel I will lose control. I like this combination."

Molu January 3, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I highly recommend this medication for panic attacks. Without Klonopin, I could not function in life...I couldn't hold a job, go on trips, even go to the store without having wave after wave of panic. It works quickly, too, because with panic attacks, we want them gone or at least minimized. I only use when needed as the body does become adjusted to them and its not as effective. Thank goodness for this medication!"

Denisenini (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started off taking klonopin after developing severe panic attacks 20 yrs ago. It was a life saver for me! I took it for 15 years and weaned myself off of it with no problems. I am back on it now after 5 yrs of not taking it due to recent life events that started the anxiety back up. I take 1 MG tablets up to twice a day. I've never had any of the horrifying withdrawals that other people complain of. Klonopin definitely works for me."

Anonymous December 29, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having anxiety or panic attacks 30 years ago and "suffered" through them for almost 10 years. My psyc wanted me to experience the anxiety to show how it wasn't harmful and I'd get over it. We'll guess what, I never got over them and a I had my GP wrote me out a prescription for Klonopin to take as needed and it has worked out great. Although I am not "cured" of my illness, I am able to function, enjoy life and do things I didn't think would be possible without it. All without any physical side effects. Btw, numerous times I've had skin cancer removed from my face while sitting in a chair for 4-5 hours. I've had dental implants in my mouth, which went on for 2-3 hours. All this was possible with Klonopin."

Rickysllc123 December 29, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I have experienced several forms of anxiety/PTSD from childhood. I had a very crazy childhood, watching my mom being beaten, seeing a lot of blood, dealing with alcoholics all around me and moving related to abusive man that was literally "hunting" my mother down for a good 3 years. I have blank parts in my memories of my childhood and most of the memories I do have are not good. When you are 4-5 years old and are awakened to an ax tearing down your front-door and having to flee for your life, it kinda ruins you. Also watching so much abuse toward my mother and even her friend, the blood, the guns etc., I basically grew up in a war zone. My flight or flight response is hyperactive and I think it always will be. I take 4-6 mgs a day."

CaliFlower68 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2015

For Night Terrors: "My night terrors were getting out of control and have mainly disappeared since I started on Clonazepam. I take .5mgs at night only."

Jupiter74 December 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I had continually worsening panic attacks a couple days after having an MRI for an unrelated issue. The MRI brought up some claustrophobia issues I didn't know where there. Two days later I had a nightmare about claustrophobia and then is spiralled down from there...started having phobias and panics about other things. Doctor put me on generic version of Klonopin and it immediately took the panic away -- seriously in about 5 minutes. I now take it once a day and will see doctor in a couple weeks to see what to do then. Has worked great for me."

Recent taker of Klonopin December 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have great luck on clonazepam. Not only does it help with anxiety, it helps with my hand pain. As a result I am taking fewer narcos. I have had no luck with gabapentine and lorazapam. I take the clonazepam for 3 weeks then take xanax for the remaining week I have a huge tolerance and I am worried the clonazepam may stop wporking. Someone mentioned hydroxyzine. I found that it is only good for helping with mild allergies and contact dermititis. I am amazed dr. Prescribe this for anxiety Also, being on clonazepam has allowed me to cut back on my other medications, pain meds, muscle relaxers, nuerotin, and anti depressants. The clonazepam controls my anxiety which helps abate my pain easing my depression. Best of luck. "

bluerook December 24, 2015

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Hi there everyone. I have suffered from BMS for almost 9 months. 2 Doctors and a naturopath could not diagnose me, but I diagnosed myself after reading many articles and posts. I also went to my GP and asked him to prescribe Clonazepam. He had never heard of it's use (for this) and I was the first ever in his surgery who complained of such a problem. Anyway, luckily I got in to see an Oral Surgeon only today. He confirmed I have BMS and prescribed .5mg Clonazepam to start with. It seems we who suffer have a trigger point event which has initiated stress and anxiety in our brains, causing the pathways to be blocked and not causing our nerve endings to work properly. I will check in again in a few weeks and let you know, but do see your GP"

LGMus December 23, 2015