User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,269 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Panic Disorder: "Hi everyone. I'm 22 years old and I've been on Clonazepam 1mg, twice daily, for 3 years. I see so many negative comments about this drug, so I will tell you my story. Clonazepam is the reason I have a chance to live my life today. Panic attacks ruined my life for years, and eventually in the last 2 years of (2012-2014) I became housebound as they were so severe. I had to drop out of high school as a junior. Clonazepam gave me my life back. I am so thankful for this drug, it was miraculous. It is okay to be be on it daily, just be aware of dependency. EVERY psychiatric drug causes dependency. Clonazepam, and benzos in general are demonized. These are life saving drugs for anyone who has to live w/ panic. If you need to take this daily, do it"

Panic Free (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug is saving my life right now. Its a shame the people who abuse it ruin it for those of us who get relief from debilitating issues from it, because many doctors just don't want to prescribe it now. I say what's the point of having a drug if you can't use it to help people who need it."

Shatswan August 14, 2017

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I suffer with BPD (Borderline Personality) Major Depression, and Generalized Anxiety. I've taken Clonazepam as needed for a few years now. It's not something you should take DAILY like an antidepressant. That's where you get into abusing it. Taking it as needed, which for me is maybe once per week if that, helps. I get mentally and emotionally wound up and Clonazepam helps tremendously with just stopping it. Imagine crying your eyes out for hours and there's nothing that can make it stop, then you take a Clonazepam. Within a few minutes the extreme emotions just fall away and you can just breath and relax. In short, if it's taken right, it's a lifesaver. If you have an addictive personality I wouldn't tempt it."

YinzerGirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on klonopin for 17 years. I started with .50mg in the am with an SSRI. Over the years all the SSRI would work for a bit then I would have to change. The last year I lost my husband suddenly at 38 and have changed 4 of them and finally said no more.. I am currently on 10mg of lexapro and 1.50mg of klonopin. The withdrawal of lexapro and before that Effexor have been hell and back. If not for klonopin I wouldn't make it through the day. Addictive or not it works."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "Only thing that stops my very complex seizures- tried almost everything and it never helped + terrible side effects *UNTIL* I was prescribed this since I was a teen. Easiest on my system and no side effects."

PinkyandPie August 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "has stopped my shaking"

peacefully August 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "This drug in fact takes me from a 10 of horrible anxiety to about a 3. It has done wonders. It makes me feel like me again when I take it. I can think clearer and more positively. I wish they had an extended release. The only down fall is the only last maybe 4 to 5 hrs which is great to have that break but if it could carry on longer we wouldn't have to take more. Mind you I only take 1 mg a day. I try to be mindful of the addictiveness. I can't even say I'm addicted at all it just helps me be me and not sitting with that dreaded feeling all day in my chest and mind. I also have panic disorder I can't say it helps panic attacks but possibly gives u more courage to do things because I feel so good. And not good as in I feel high. U feel urself."

uniquegirl33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

For Insomnia: "I had been using the TEVA brand for over 20 years. It worked effectively. Then in the last 6 months I have received two batches that did not work at all for insomnia, or Tardive Dyskenisia. I was sleepless for over two weeks. Then I had to visit the doctor. He had to prescribe a different generic Clonazapam, made by "Accord Healthcare." This brand is VERY inferior to the normal TEVA brand. I fall asleep fast but wake up about 4 hours later. So the Accord brand is weaker, and less effective. Many generics are inferior, even they are supposed to be regulated. In Europe I could buy Clonazapam the REAL medicine by Roche for 2.50 per month. Europe is far superiour in regards to health care."

94UZCAUTION August 2, 2017

For Anxiety: "It was a good drug short term on 3mg 3xper day for 8 months, but then after stopping was put on xanax 2mg 3x a day, extreme withdrawal, I still can't recover my doctor got in trouble so I get .25 xanax 3 times a day and I use street for rest. These drugs can be hell I wish I had a doctor to help just to taper but no Benzos are killers"

Dchouin (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2017

For Anxiety: "I'm on a low dosage for my anxiety .5. it makes me feel a bit drowsy at times but it definitely works to shut down anxiety attach"

Lanisha A. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

For Anxiety: "Didn't notice anything good or bad doesn't seem to do anything to be honest so quit taking it."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had my first experience of Restless Leg 18 years ago, having to get up about twice a night. It was not until I had to get up 10 times in one night I sought medical help. A very compassionate lady doctor put me onto Paxam which dropped my having to get up to twice a night. I have been on it ever since taking two tablets of 2 mg every night an hour or so before going to bed. It is not often I get a full night sleep and so I go for a walk until my leg sorts itself out. Some nights I find that after my walk (Which I recommend) I sleep in my comfortable arm chair for the rest of the night. At the age of 87, I may as well take if for the remainder of my life."

Moongalba July 29, 2017

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia since I was 14, I'm 35 now. My insomnia stems from abuse as a child which led to PTSD. When I was about 23 I was diagnosed as bi-polar. I don't think I've ever really slept like a normal person. I've been on so many different sleep aids. I have had 2 sleep studies, the most recent confirmed that I don't have sleep apnea but that I don't have normal sleep. I started Clonazepam a couple weeks ago after the combination of ativan 2mg and amitriptyline 300 mg stopped working. My doctor started me at 0.5mgs I took it for 2 weeks and it had no effect on me, so she raised it to 1mg and I don't know what I'm supposed to feel but I'm definitely not tired, I'm up till 3 or 4 in the morning. It's honestly one of the most frustrating things."

SleeplessinMD July 19, 2017

For Insomnia: "Hi all,thanks 4 sharing My story is I have "parasomnia" (a catch-all for sleep walking /sleep issues they [doctors] "don't understand"). Clonazepam has been great (not perfect) I sleepwalk.Leaving the house...12-22 years old Completely disrupted my circadian rhythm (if you're not familiar with circadian rhythm I recommend you look it up) Basically never had a good night's sleep/Chronically sleep deprived. 23=0.25mg then over 2(?)years upped to 1.0mg because tolerance. 1 Dr said 2.0 was max dosage vs next per case... I held at 1.0 because I expected NEEDING to increase dose over my life. First night was LITERALLY best sleep of my life. Woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed! (gradually declined from there). Mitigated well though not eliminated symptoms. BURYING THE LEAD-2 side effects: -not taking it = not sleeping. -drinking ie 5+ drinks = wetting the bed Living with it."

Urban Observer (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2017

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I've been taking two 1mg tablets of clonazepam for many years. I stopped once cold turkey and ended up in the hospital. My plan is to take the two tablets and cut them in the quarters, ending up with a quarters, then I plan to drop off one quarter each month, taking a total of 8 months to get off of them. Do you think that's long enough where I will not experience withdrawal symptoms? Any advice would be helpful. RON"

Ron 44 July 14, 2017

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have Metastatic adrenal cancer and this Calms me a great deal I take 1 mg three times a day and it's enough to keep me calm and not worry about death and leaving my husband and 3 kids and I'm soon to be grandma."

Tagteam1 July 11, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

For Anxiety: "I suffered from debilitating generalized anxiety since high school. During university (25 years ago), it really spiked and the doctor I saw suggested rivotril/clonozapem on a longer term regular basis. For many years I took .5mg three times a day without incident. The anxiety never again got out of control...and I never felt need to increase. About 6 years ago, I decided to start cutting back very slowly. Eventually, over a long period, I actually tapered it back to .25mg once in the morning. This worked for two years until my marriage ended recently. I added another .25mg in the evening. My life has not been great, but IMO clonozapem has been a saviour. The GAD I had/have is not bearable. And other approaches alone do not work."

Mr Sal July 9, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I was given Klonopin as a sleep med 8 years ago when I was diagonosed with severe anxiety/depression. Finally, I was correctly diagnosed as Bi-polar. At the beginning of the year I spent 3 weeks in an outpatient program after a particularly ugly manic episode. The Dr. at the hospital as well as my new Dr. agreed that I need to be taken off my SSRI because of it causes mania. I was apprehensive because the Zoloft kept the panic away. So they upped the dosage of the Klonopin. It's been 7 months and I take anywhere between .75 and 2 mg a day. Usually it's 1mg. I can't believe the change it's made!"

anxiousbipolar (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2017

For Anxiety: "I had debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, sometimes so bad I was constantly dizzy, out of it and feeling like a completely different person. The pain in my chest would subside after taking this and I would feel better. I'm so thankful my Dr prescribed this to me, and I only take it if I really need it so when I get really bad panic attacks or increased anxiety. Different ones work better for different people, but I will never go on SSRI's again, they made my anxiety 1000 times worse, panic attacks from morning until night, no sleep, couldn't eat. My quality of life was so bad I felt as though ending it would be better. So, I'm happy I have a Dr who listens and cares about my mental state and wants to improve my life."

NICOCARM (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "For 19 years I've had panic attacks and I've been hell and back until I discovered clonazepam ! Amazing! I don't care about this being addictive its a gold star to me and thousands of others....everyday I wished myself to curl up and die to stop the fear and dread...that wasn't living I was stuck in hell and became agrophobic...I panicked over every small matter...I thought I had gone mad....until I discovered someone on a site like this saying how good it is so I asked my doctor who hadn't even heard of it???..but I demanded to try this med as I was so tired of being scared constantly.... Hated myself cause I couldn't even be a proper family as I just lived in fear ...I started on 0.5 and got to my right dose of 2 mg!!!!! It was a miracle!"

Englishrose46 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

For Anxiety: "I do suffer from Anxiety which elevates my hypertension. I take losartan to control my hypertension when I am not stressed but when the stress kicks in I take the clonzapam. After that my BP 150/95 recedes back to 130/82. I would like to take it every day and probably should but I don't want to become dependent on it. When I stay on it for a few days I see 117/72. It does wonders for my hypertension."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2017

For Insomnia: "I am 50. I have taken clonazepam 0.5 mg every night for 10 years. It gives me beautiful sleep. I have never needed more. I have been insomniac all my life with mild GAD. It kills the sex drive and so I try just half a tab a couple nights a week. I don't sleep very well with half tab. With all the hype about how bad it is long term, I have tried weaning back, but with poor sleep I become depressed and irritable. My estrogen is high, my testosterone has been low ever since I started taking it. I've always wondered what connection it has with hormones. It is a wonder drug in so many ways for me. Maybe when I am finally done with menopause I will consider weaning off."

pati-o (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2017

For Insomnia: "It startet a year ago with 0.5mg Clonazepam, now I am on 1.5 mg of Clonazepam, it basically stopped working for my insomnia. I went to see my doc, he prescribed me Temazepam (Restoril) which has a very short half life, half of that of Clonazepam, sure enough it didn't work! I called my doctor and he said he would call in Ativan (Lorazepam) at my pharmacy, I should take 1 mg. Ativan has an even shorter half life than Temazepam, besides the equivalent dosage of 1.5 mg Clonazepam is 3 mg! of course that 1 mg didn't do anything. And on top of that I got withdrawing symptoms from not taking Clonazepam! I called my doctor again, he was agitated and told me to take 30 mg Temazepam together with 1 mg Ativan together with 10 mg Zyprexa!!!! I fired him"

Christian212 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017