User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 4)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Jax103 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Over the years I have tried all the SNRIs, SSRI and tricycyclic antidepressants. First used as a muscle relaxer due to severe arthritis. The serotonin re uptake inhibitors caused worsening conditions and were ineffective. I have been hospitalized for Serotonin Syndrome. The last time was 3/24/2019 when I was given amytriptyine while on Fentanyl transdermal patches. I almost died from the reaction and was given Kolonipin and Ativan. Kolonipin has saved my life. I no longer have run away anxiety from worrying about my spinal stenosis. No more insomnia laying awake I suffered daily, all day long and even when trying to sleep before this medicine came into my life. I traded in my Valium for this medication. Very good drug.”

"Zebra" · Taken for 10 years or more January 29, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I have been on Clonazepam 2 mg for about 12 years now. It was first prescribed to me for anxiety and sleep help. I've run out a total of 3 times in that 12 year span. It was after taking it for about a year. It was absolutely horrible. NEVER felt that bad from anything in my life. I've had over 10 serious Spinal Surgeries and also take prescribed Morphine NOW for the pain. It started with Hydrocodone, then Oxycodone, then Methadone ( which got up to a dose of 350 mg daily). I was finally switched to the Morphine. I've been through both WITHDRAWALS......NARCOTIC AND BENZODIAZEPINE. THE (Clonazepam) withdrawal was MUCH WORSE than the any narcotic withdrawals.) The OPIOID withdrawal was INTENSE FOR 3 DAYS, then slowly got better. After 2 weeks I felt better. NOW the CLONAZEPAM WITHDRAWAL lasted at LEAST 2 MONTHS. It was also much WORSE to "me" than the Opioids. IT IS HORRIBLE and after much study found that SUICIDE rate was almost 3 times more from BENZO WITHDRAWAL than from OPIOID WITHDRAWAL.”

Thankfully ally · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 29, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been having constant panic attacks with my reduced dose of Klonopin to 1/2 pill twice a day of the 0.5mg. I have seen a few different dr.s and I m going back to someone who knows me instead of a stranger that has called my ex husband and left me out in the cold. I have used 2 pills this month to get ahold of my panic and will probably be a couple of days without meds .I don't know what to do since SSRI s don't agree with me”

Loubaby · Taken for 10 years or more January 28, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have been on 2mg Clonazepam, which is the generic of Klonopin for panic / anxiety disorder for at least 10 years. It has helped tremendously with the panic attacks. I also have trouble sleeping, I wish it worked better for that, I had to have 50 mg of Trazadone added every night. I still have trouble going and staying asleep. But overall, the Klonopin has been a Godsend. I recently ran out for 4 days, I realized how good it was working. No real withdrawal systems except agitation and more anxiety then usual. Was so glad to get it back.”

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have chronic insomnia now for the past 5 years due to a vehicle accident and severe injury to my left wrist and hand. I have been on every sleep medication available and eventually a tolerance builds. Most recent is Quetiapine100 mg increased to 300mg before bed as I have been on it a year and stopped working all together. Saw a new Psychiatrist/Neurologist and he prescribed 0.2 mg of Klonopin with Doxepin. Did not even phase me. Did not sleep at all and up to 7AM the 1st night. Out of sheer exhaustion I took a Quetiapine. Day 3 and the same results. I am not an addictive personality at all. I will call my Dr to advise my lack of reaction to these medicines and see what now he will do. Chronic insomnia is no joke. Sleep is needed for your body to thrive period. Tired of feeling sleep deprived and zombie like.”

AB · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 24, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I started taking clonazepam after back to back panic attacks in the middle of the night that kept me awake. I started taking 1 mg a day in late 2014. I moved to a different state last January and could not obtain a prescription. So I started taking lower amount to make it last. I felt I was losing my mind mainly due to no sleep. I went back to my home state a couple of times and got an prescription with intentions to ween off. Now 8 months later and taking 0.5mg every other day. I try to go 2-3 days in between but I get terribly sick. I've been depressed. Can't get things moving with my career (self employed) I can't take it anymore! I intend to start cutting the doses to .25mg a day instead of .5mg every other day. I think I will take advice to put this in a solution or use a nail file such as I have read. Please post your updates with your weening process and I will do the same. It helps. Pray you all can get yourself off this junk.”

Chay January 24, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “My life was being completely ruined by insomnia, severe anxiety and daily panic attacks . The only thing I knew that helped was Xanax or alcohol. I was finally prescribed .5 mg clonazepam . Many doctors will tell you it’s highly addictive etc. But I don’t find that true at all. I finally stopped drinking. I finally stopped taking Xanax and I can sleep normally by taking such a small dose once a day. Sometimes I can go days without it or even weeks because there is nothing that makes it addictive. There is not magical feeling to get addicted to , only makes you feel like you normally would while not having a panic attack. I was cut off of it for months between the first time I was prescribed and the most recent time. In those two months I never had withdrawals or felt addicted to the drug or the urge to take. But of course in that time my panic attacks came back and I had to resort to terrible self medication. It’s a life savor.”

PAC · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “My panic attacks have become worse and overall my feelings of control over my life. More confused. clonazepam seems to work for s shorter period of time than other manufacturers.”

22qMom · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have taken clonazepam for years and never realized what great sleep can do for you until I tried to get off my 1 mg. Per night. I had some withdrawal symptoms like muscle jerks. I decided I needed it after having relapses in all three of my autoimmune diseases (Polymyalgia Rhuematica, Inflammation Spondylopathy, and Giant Cell Arteritis). I finally decided lack of sleep was not a good thing for my health. So I went back on 1 mg. I am so glad I did.”

ZGH · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 22, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I have taken Clonazepam for about 17 months for panic disorder & PTSD. I am 19 years of age and am going to college for Psychopharmacology and neuropsychiatry. I have tried Triazolam off label max dose, alprazolam max dose, Lorazepam max dose, just nothing lasted long enough, except klonopin. I take 2-3MG a day along with a massive dose Lyrica 450mg, Dextroamphetamine sulfate 40mg and lastly at night I take 3 mg of Lunesta.I have panic disorder, Ptsd, adhd and bipolar 1 mixed affective state disorder. Clonazepam has antidepressant affects besides its anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, amnesic, sedative, depressant and hypnotic affects.It works for many conditions HOWEVER after 18-25 days of constant use you will lose drug affect by 30-40%. Its still potent. It also lasts up to 30 hrs for some, for me its around 25-27hrs. Lastly you will be addicted even if you take it normally due to its gaba-ergic effects.All I can say is clonazepam saved my life.”

Ombromanto · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Klonopin is better than other benzos like xanax, ativan, valium. Don't make you sleepy or tired. The problem is that kills your sex .”

martoni · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2020

For Anxiety: “clonazepam is very effective for anxiety, however dependence and tolerance can develop quickly to some of the effects. Essential to take it in accordance with the medical information provided regarding dosage, side effects and the maximum recommended length of time period can be taken. Longer use can expose you to unexpected mental health issues. Make sure you always mention to your doctor if you take this medication even if using just intermittently.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 16, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Been on clonazapam for 20 months this time. Dose is .5 once daily. Started to titrate my dose down early August. Went down to .25 and was easy. Had 4th day symptoms but minimal. November had panic attacks. Decided to cut again, as this indicated inter-dose withdrawal and definitely didn’t want to go back up. In early December went down to .17. Hard to cut that pill, so dose is iffy. Been on this until now, added gabapentin to manage symptoms. Not perfect but haven’t increased dose. Most nights sleep with the Gabapentin. Starting to feel inter-dose withdrawal again, so plan further titration in about a week to .125. This sounds counter intuitive, I know. But, dragging it out too long isn’t great either. Go slow. This is slow. But, important to go slow and manage symptoms. I resisted adding gabapentin, but it’s helpful and easier to get off later. Once I get to .125 , I’ll wait another month. This is doable and I look forward to being free.”

Ran S · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Klonopin was a great medication. I was crazy anxious and couldn't sleep at night at all. I would stay up and just read or cry with my dogs. I was also terribly anxious and depressed. Whenever my doc recommended Klonopin, I was eager to try it. I was on it only for a month though, just so I get back on my sleeping patterns. It helped my sleep and anxiety so much! I was so thankful for Klonopin. The only reason I stopped taking it was because my sleep was once again regulated and the med caused severe drowsiness. But other than the drowsiness, it worked just fine!”

StrayCat59 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2020

For Anxiety: “I don’t normally write these out, but I’ll make an exception here. Let me start off by saying I only gave it 8 stars because, yes, your body does become addicted to it. I ran out. Once. Tried this “mindfulness” junk for a week before it hit me like a truck. Next thing I know I go from ok to in the ER getting injections of Ativan for my BP being 180/140 and Heart rate off the charts. After the Ativan I was perfect in 10 minutes with a BP of 117/80 and 80 pulse. THAT being said, there’s no denying the drug works. And it works pretty darn good. I had a heart attack at 30 years old. After that experience I developed GAD and it just gotten worse over time. Unfortunately, Klonopin is the only drug that keeps this under control. The fact my BP and heart rate are directly affected by my anxiety condition makes it a double edged sword. I’ve been on it 2 years now at .5mg twice daily. Yeah, you’ll feel a little woozy until your body adjusts, but it will go away.”

L1A2N3 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I’ve been on Klonopin for 5 years now. It gave me my life back. I only take 0.25mg nightly and have never had to increase my dose. 95% of the time I can sleep a full night. Previously, I had been on trazodone, buspar, lunesta, celexa. Those either had side effects or were only effective for a couple of months. I was concerned about the addiction/withdrawal aspect of klonopin but I haven’t had any problems at all with it. My insomnia made me have suicidal thoughts, so klonopin has been a lifesaver. Being able to sleep is priceless.”

Marie January 13, 2020

For Anxiety: “This is my second review for Clonazepam. As I stated before, I’ve only used it (for the past 8 years) on an “as needed” basis with favorable results. I do, however believe that this medication is not for everyone! My mother was prescribed this after my dad passed away suddenly and she had a not so favorable experience-brain fog, auditory hallucinations which obviously increased her anxiety. She had similar experiences when she tried Xanax. It’s a shame that Clonozepam has caused some individuals nightmarish results!! Clearly people react differently with this either taking it and/or weaning off of it. As others reviewers have stated, some have little or no problems with weaning and others are thrown into a tail spin that put them in the hospital. You really don’t know how your body will respond to it. My heart goes out to the people who are still struggling with the aftermath of this medication!”

finally sleeping January 10, 2020

For Insomnia: “having insomia is so scary I finally got a doctor who was willing to prescribe clonazepam for me, while I know taking klonopin every night is bad but when you can't sleep at all and you fear going to bed klonpin is a God send and I believe having sleep helps your health which we all need. I feel like my self again”

India · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I just started Klonopin after the doc prescribed it a long time ago. I was scared to take it because of every thing I read. I get terrible anxiety attacks I suffer PTSD and social phobia and depression. 3 days ago I drank my first dose and I am ready to go back to school and start my life again. I thank whoever made this medication and I thank God that gave me the courage to finally take it. It sucks not to feel like you can do anything in life. Now I feel like I can actually pursue my dreams.”

Vanillacreme · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 9, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “This drug Klonopin will ruin your life, it should be banned. Even if you take it exactly as prescribed or a low dose, when you go to stop taking it you’ll wish you never touched it. Even if you’ve never been addicted to anything and your life is perfect, the withdrawals will tell you otherwise. Brutal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Was prescribed this three months ago for muscle twitching and involuntary movements related to antipsychotic withdrawal. Medication works great, sometimes too great. Am aware of the risks taking it, but it does help insomnia, anxiety, mania, and twitching. Please be careful and don't take more than prescribed.”

Liza · Taken for 10 years or more January 8, 2020

“I been taking Clonazepam for 20 years. It is not perfect, but I'm grateful that it makes me functional, because without it my life be awful spinning vertigo unable to even think clearly. Is 1.5mg a lot?”

Anon · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “In 2015 I fell into a deep depression after my grandmother passed away. I decided to seek help... I was not sleeping at night. When I expressed myself to the doctor I had found. I was prescribed this disgusting medication in which I should have done my research like I normally would do. I started at 2mg. It helped at first but this medication has been the worse thing ever! I’m now tapering off slowly after finding a new doctor that actually listens. I am now taking .5MG. The withdrawal symptoms if you go cold turkey are horrible. Please do not go cold turkey, seek professional help!!!! And if you were given this medication & not yet taken it RUN as some stated!!! It will ruin you ! These doctors that prescribe this should lose their license it’s a disgusting medication! Any benzodiazepines are!”

Headintheclouds · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2020

For Seizure Prevention: “I have been suffering from uncontrollable hypnotic jerks at the point of falling asleep, triggered by the use of antibiotics. The first time this happened in 2012, I went through a few inappropriate psychoactive drugs before hitting on clonazepam - which worked straight away. I started at closed to 2mg, and used it for 3 years before coming off it completely. A month ago my GP gave me a different class of antibiotics for tonsillitis, and the same thing happened, to my dismay. I used my leftover clonazepam to stop the sleep jerks, which is a kind of seizure. This time round I started at 0.5mg and over a week had to increase to 1mg. It’s just about working.... but I may have to increase to 1.5mg. I take it once a day half an hour before bed time. It’s not a drug doctors like to prescribe but for me, what works, WORKS. And, with time, planning and determination, you can slowly come off it.”

PS · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 5, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I was overcome 24/7 with severe anxiety and had panic attacks. Was on Lithium and Paxil. Added Serroquel for about 1 year. Bipolar 1; took about 6 years to recover, get off SSDI and get my life back. Was on up to 3mgs clonazepam a day, reduced over the 4 yrs I took it and was on 1mg at night for the last couple of years. Recently tapered off completely. I did not rush the tapering and had little difficulty. Mainly had some issues with insomnia.”