User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 3)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Warwick · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 8, 2020

For Anxiety: “I’ve been taking this drug and the same amount for 6 yrs , I had the addiction discussion with my Dr . His attitude is I take heart medication which I depend on I take Clonazepam for a heath issue And I depend on it . I have no side effects and I live a normal life because of it , for me it’s been a very positive game changer . I take .250 mg three times a day , three days on and one day off ,”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 8, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Ok, been awhile since I posted. I’m down from .5 to .125 once daily. I use a prescribed and pharmacy made liquid compound to get very accurate doses. I’m having no withdrawals effects right now. It’s been about 6 weeks at this dose. It’s taken nearly 8 months to get this far. In a couple of weeks, I’ll reduce again. I’ll either alternate days, or go to .0625 daily. Those will be my last doses. I hold the dose until symptoms calm. It’s never perfect. But I know I can get off this horrible drug. I hate the withdrawals and the anxiety after a cut, but I love getting free. We can do it. Go slow, small cuts in doses, steady progress. Do distractions and healthy eating. Remember, your brain can and will heal.”

RobW · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2020

For Anxiety: “While it did seem to help anxiety, it didn't take me too long on it to notice that I was having strong self-destructive desires while taking this drug. The warning on google (for klonopin) says clearly under the controlled substance area "Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation" which is the kind of thing I was experiencing on this. One or two days off of this drug, and the self-destructive thoughts went away. Once I stayed off it a few weeks, those thoughts seemed to stay away too. I just wish I could find another way to deal with the anxiety now, though.”

Elle March 4, 2020

For Anxiety: “I developed anxiety years ago. Tried SSRI meds but they gave me such bad migraines that the doctor was afraid I’d stroke out. After prescribing me Clonazepam .5mg that I take as needed, it has helped me so much. I don’t have any bad side effects and I can function normally. I’m thankful for it.”

Vicky · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “Klonopin 0.5 mgs has been a life savor. I take it twice a day. No more horrible panic attacks. Really helps my anxiety. I have been on this for years. Never had the desire to take more, because it works for me. This worked great for me!!”

XSH92 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “I am 27 years old and my psychiatrist prescribed my Clonazepam 2 years ago when my anxiety and sleep deprivation got out of control. I was prescribed 0.5mg 1-2x daily as needed, but usually taking 1/2-1 (0.25-0.5mg) tablet does the trick. Never had an addiction issue, never had any issues stopping or taking long breaks off of this medication. I don’t abuse it and truly only take the bare minimum as needed. I had tolerance issues with lorazepam and Xanax, where I felt like even after a week, I had to continuously increase my dose, but never with Clonazepam. 0.25-0.5mg is perfect when I do take it. Like with any medication, you just have to be careful and know the risks. I’m grateful that my psychiatrist gave me something that helps. Without this medication I would not be able to function socially, go to work or sleep on my bad days.”

Greatful March 2, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I have bipolar and am a rapid cycler, every 2 weeks. Take depakote daily, and 1 mg klonopin at night. Since my cycle is predictable, I take 1 extra 1 mg klonopin 2 days before my cycle starts and it prevents me from going up. I am really tired the next day, but worth it. 1/4 klonopin under tongue helps me with panic attacks, especially in traffic.”

Chrissy · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I have been on this medication clonazepam off and on since I was 19 for benzo withdrawal. I am now 25, and have been taking it regularly for 2 1/2 years. I was prescribed 8 mg a day, now 4mg, but have somehow managed to get down to 1mg a day and trying to get below that is nearly impossible. It is the only thing that has helped my anxiety, but the horrid withdrawals aren't worth it at all!!!!!!! Terrible muscle twitches, cold sweats, feeling like I'm going insane. I'm so afraid of having a seizure so I end up taking my regular dosage out of fear, so it's an endless cycle. Please be cautious with this medication. I regret ever even taking clonazepam.”

Hammy February 29, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I was put on 0.5mg clonazepam in hospital 4 years ago, I didn't research them and just took them, they made me feel good so I doubled the dose to twice a day. I now realise they are dangerous, addictive drug and want to be off them as soon as possible. I stopped taking them and the next day I had bad paranoia and then in the night my heart was beating fast so I took a tablet but the next day went back on them but cut down one tablet by half to .25mg. I was fine for 2 weeks then for 3 days I could feel my blood surging through my veins, and palpitations. I got a really bad headache which lasted on n off all day But on the fourth day things were better. I decided to give my heart a weeks rest then will taper down by a 1/4 and try that.”

Burntbyklon · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 28, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Please avoid this drug at all costs it is a sheep in wolves clothing...works great in the beginning until it trashes all your good GABA receptors that keep you happy and calm. When this drug goes bad on you and you have to get off it you'll wish you never took it. The withdrawals will take you to a dark place you never knew and wish you were dead. I would take back my old simple anxiety and insomnia any day to what this drug has done to me now ruined my whole life, health, and mind. Now severely debilitated from it with zero quality of life. Bedridden, can't walk, horrific pain, and mental torture every single day including the most darkest depression, terror, agitation, chemical anxiety I've ever experienced...plus akastasia. ”

Steph · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 27, 2020

For Anxiety: “This is a miracle drug for me. I was on it for 7 years and slowly worked my way off of it 9 weeks ago. Taking 3 months to get off of it. I had the past 9 week be the most awful; it took me till last week to figure out it was anxiety. I could eat, sleep or concentrate. Within 8 hours of my doctor writing me the script. I was back to my normal self!”

skiman0000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2020

For Anxiety: “I get annoyed when I google Klooipin and all I see is scare tactic's of how its so dangerous. It's has been a life saver for me for the last 5 years. I never abused it or ever even got the slightest remote high from it. I take 2MG in the morning and 2 MG after 5PM. It literally saved my career as the level of anxiety that come over me was horrible and the only drug that stop my heart from pounding out of my chest is klonopin.”

Babs · Taken for 10 years or more February 22, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This medication saved my life. I was prescribed clonazepam .5 mgs twice a day and if I need it a third one. It's 12 years later and I'm still taking the same amount and rare do I need another pill during the day. I'm not having a problem with them at all take them as prescribed and there are somedays I forget them and no problem if I had to come off them I would due it slowly but why stop something that is working. I've never upped the amount. I am exquisitely sensitive to medication and have tried others that I couldn't take due to unbearable side affects. I understand and feel badly for those that have had a difficult time with the medication especially when you need something. I'm so grateful everyday they saved my life.”

Claire · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 16, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “My GP prescribed Klonopin for me for anxiety, several years ago - BIG MISTAKE... I should have done my homework, before EVER taking it! I was taking 2 milligrams per day. A relative of mine, & my G.I. doctor told me just how addictive it was, & I decided that I wanted to wean off of it. My GP suggested to take 2 milligrams for the first 2 weeks, then to take 1 milligram for the second 2 weeks, & then take 1/2 milligram for the next 2 weeks. He doesn't have a clue how to wean me off of it, & he honestly doesn't care. I'm almost done the 1/2 milligram for 2 weeks, & needless to say - I'M MISERABLE?!!! First of all, if I'd ever known how addictive it was, I NEVER would have taken it in the first place. I've never abused it, but my body's feels like it's being abused NOW! I'm having heart palpitations, headaches, stomach pains, etc. I would welcome any suggestions...”

Naz12 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2020

For Anxiety: “I’ve been on Klonopin or Paxam or Revotril which is the Australian brands, for about a year and a half, 2mg a day for severe social anxiety. I tried countless SSRI’s and Valium and Ativan weren’t strong enough. My Psych tried to put me on Seroquel or Zyprexa to get me off but I declined. This medication works wonders for me. I can see my friends, go out to bars/ pubs and generally do my normal daily tasks like working and driving. The enormous downfall is that they are incredibly addictive and the potential for abuse is massive, plus the withdrawals don’t get me started can make you crazy and can be life threatening. You just need to have self control and take it EXACTLY as your doctor tells you to. Otherwise you’re in big trouble. This is a beast of a Benzo (not anywhere near as bad as Xanax) and not to be played with. All the best to those who are trying it!”

finally sleeping February 14, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This is for the guy in the bottom. This pill has saved some people's life, it helps with insomnia and anxiety. Just cause it didn't work for you, doesn't mean that it won't help other people - everybody is different.”

ru February 11, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: “I was on clonazepan for several years to treat tremors and have been suffering withdrawal for over a year now. Was dizzy for a year felt like rubbish and got high anxiety from it. Still have anxiety caused by stopping this drug. Dr say it may take years before symptoms are gone. I was a zombie while taking this drug. I say stay away from it.”

autumnbell February 11, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “The withdrawals from this drug after taking it for 4 months have made my life a living hell. I wish I never would have touched it. I’ve experienced depersonalization/derealization disorder (DPDR), severe anxiety, stomach issues, flu like symptoms, etc for months on end. Just do yourselves a favor and never touch any benzodiazepines.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Posted plans to titrate from .175 to .125 x 1 daily clonazapam. I did near the end of January. It’s been ok. Easier than .25 to .175 was. Some mild reactions, worst being brain zaps. That lasted only 2 days. Some spaced feelings in head, but ok. Sleeping well most nights, but taking 300 mg gabapentin. It’s hard to cut these pills smaller. Dr says only 2 weeks at this dose, then alternate nights for 2 weeks, then stop. Nervous, it seems fast. I may cut this .125 in half for a few weeks first. Today is the 2 weeks point. I really want off of this. I advise never start clonazepam, or titrate really slow. Once you adjust to a cut, do not go back up. Slow and steady. I’ve had tremendous stressors during this titration, my sister passed away a few days ago. But I tell myself this: Life stressors will always exist. Nothing is an excuse for increasing these meds. Just feel and keep going. I expect to be free by my birthday March 21.”

D · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I need klonopin to function but the Veterans hospital that I go to doesn’t believe in giving them out. I have to beg my psych dr to prescribe them to me and he will give me fifteen 5mg tabs for the month. They help but if he would give me 1 mg at night I would be able to function like a regular human being. Sometimes I even have to resort to buy some off a friend. I don’t care! They help get me out if bed and live in the real world. I would never abuse these. They are a life saver for me.”

DLS in PA · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been taking this medication clonazepam for RLS for longer than I can remember! I was prescribed a dosage of 3 a day and that served me well UNTIL I moved out of state and my new Dr cut my dosage to the smallest dosage she could find! and wanted to see how that was “and come back in a month and we’ll discuss it!” Naturally she is no longer my Doctor and I am taking exactly what I was before! If it ain’t broke why try to fix it? I was getting 3 hours of sleep on her regime!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “STAY AWAY FROM KLOPNOPIN OR GET OFF VERY SLOWLY BY TAPERING ASAP!!! I use to read these reviews before starting this drug for sleep and thought those that had a bad experience were probably abusing the med or those that lost everything due to the drug already had issues. Not true!!! You can be so healthy, take the dose as prescribed and still end up in a nightmare. If I can save one person from starting this drug or any benzo/z-drug then I will have filled part of my purpose in life. Benzos are highly dangerous, highly addictive drugs even at the lowest dose and withdrawals are excruciating and lengthy. DO NOT EVER TAKE FOR ANY REASON. Your initial problem will seem like nothing compared to what this drug creates.”

Gord White February 7, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Been on Klonopin for 30 years almost. Took it for problems with OCD and anxiety. Decided to get off it as I feared possible neurological damage. Was on a dose of 1.5mg a day, felt in the end I was just addicted to the drug. Started tapering off from the current 1.5mg level roughly around September of 2019. By early January of 2020, I was down to one half to pill to one pill a day. Hadn't noticed any severe withdrawal symptoms except some minor anxiety, memory issues, some confusion. By middle of January stopped taking any. Did ok for 12 days then the real nightmare began. Had multitude of problems; insomnia, depression, gastrointestinal issues, blood pressure issues, some memory problems, confusion, severe OCD, paranoia, feelings of suicide. My recommendation would be don't use this medication for longer than few weeks at lowest dose possible and only in situations where it's warranted. Myself hopefully I get through it but I wonder about the future.”

RLSgrandma · Taken for 10 years or more February 2, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Hello. I've had RLS since I was about 25 when no one knew what it was. I'd explain symptoms, having to go sleep on the carpet so I could rub my legs on it. I'm 69 now, have been on clonazepam for 24 years, a miracle, even with increasing of dose. Started at 0.5 mg, then up over the years to 3 mg before bed. It's getting so difficult to find anyone who is willing to prescribe it. Luckily my doc is but I suspect they are going to try and get me off it. The main reason is memory loss. Am now additionally trying gabapentin and have tried a couple others. Nothing as good as the clonazepam for relief. I've read other reviews where people would rather deal with the side effects than the RLS, and I could not agree more!! (am scared about memory tho) I sleep with rough towels or folded blankets between the sheets to rub my legs on. If you talk with someone who doesn't have this, they have no clue the misery it causes.”

Billy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2020

For Anxiety: “What should I ask or how should I ask my doctor that the clonazepam that I have been taking for a few years now is not working and I am just getting worse, I have very bad Anxiety and Manic Depression. It's isn't getting better but worse?”