User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 978 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "One of the effective ones for insomnia...long acting. Actually, I was up 3 nights straight, had to take one 2mg or 2.5...caught up on major sleep. I can't say it's doing a 9pm to 7am. However, it's aiding me in getting sleep. I may need to take it properly. Only downfall, I don't like downers. Also, it doesn't cause hunger but it relaxes me enough to indulge in what I'd normally decline doing. Minor after effect of low energy."

Realitygenerics (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Wonderful pill. My doc put on 2mg once a day before bed. In one week, this medication turned my life around. I was suffering from extreme manic/depressive episodes, depression, irritability and panic crisis. and Seroquel 50mg was worsening everything up, horrible drug for me. I am now on 4mg of clonazepam, and doing fine. Brought me back to life thank God."

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "The absolute perfect benzo. The long half life is there, the potency is there, great muscle relaxing properties, great for sleep, I can go on and on with this. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x daily, and that's my perfect dose..I take 1 in the am, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the pm, and it works like magic. I've tried other benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Ativan..although those benzos were also very helpful, but Klonopin is my #1"

Teva834-2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was taken off of ativan 1mg x3 per day and switched to klonopin. This drug made me ache all over and my joints, had crying bouts and sever depression with very dark thoughts. I finally got switched back. I hate this drug. Made me want to sleep all the time as well zero energy and aggressive."

indigogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have bad insomnia and ADHD. My first time taking it was tonight and I was hoping to fall asleep early (I was already very exhausted) to wake up for my 6 am shift in a few hours however I was filled with energy within an hour after taking it and have been up since I'm very upset! Work today will be horrible and I'm not looking forward to it at all!"

slimy potato (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I love Klonopin. When I was going through an extremely hard custody case with my ex husband, my doctor prescribed the Klonopin. She scheduled it up to 3 times a day. I used it too. It helped me face my fears and stand up for myself for once. Once that was over she scheduled it on 1.0mg as needed up to.3 time's a day. I still have the script. I do use the Klonopin only when I'm in a situation that I need help relaxing. I know I need it at those times. When I take it, I would feel great. If I didn't need it but thought I did, all it would do is make me tired. It's been 3 years of PRN Klonopin & I know when I need it and when I don't. For those who feel this could be abused, my response is if the person really needs it, Misuse wouldn't happen"

Jo...Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have PTSD, OCD, severe bipolar and severe borderline personality disorder along with severe panic attacks and constant anxiety. I was taken off of 0.5 mg Xanax taken four times a day over 25 years which enabled me to live a "normal" life. I was prescribed klonopin instead. While it does help tremendously with the panic and anxiety, for me anyway, Xanax worked much better. I am on a slew of other meds for the other disorders I have. Just commenting on klonopin"

Didi1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Seizure Prevention: "It is the only thing that has helped my seizure disorder. All other drugs seem to make it worse, or mentally drive me crazy. I've been taking clonazepam for about a year now...only a half of a 0.5mg dose. I haven't had to up it. I believe it's because I try to only take it as needed, and usually only once per day. Depending on how I'm feeling, I will go a day or two without it. I think this is why my tolerance hasn't gone up. Highly recommend if you are suffering, being a little tired here and there is worth it compared to all of the nasty side effects the other drugs bring. Even though my doctor tried to argue me on this, and said I should only be on keppra, I stand by what I am feeling first and foremost. Highly recommended"

Lylaalexander February 19, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "what can I say? has anyone seen the movie "Shutter Island"? imagine a veteran instead of a US Marshal (in this case me), diagnosed with PTSD and related "panic attacks" along with epilepsy. The VA has yet another lab rat for pharmaceutical testing. and just like poor Leo's character, who is going to believe me when I say that the VA wants to see how much Clonazepam it will take for me to kill myself (one way to shut me up about stuff that happened in my unit during the cold war huh?). to be honest I refused to take even one dose because I value my life ALOT more than the VA does."

Oliver Larch (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The absolute best benzodiazepine. I've had Anxiety and Night terrors ever since I can remember. As a kid, I was always scared to sleep alone, and in the dark. My mom had to always sit with my til I fell asleep. This never went away. I'm 28 years old now. My doctor first RX'D me Xanax 2mg 2x daily, it really helped, but it stopped working so quickly! Then I got put on Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, now that's exactly what my body and mind needed. I'm perfectly anxiety free, and can sleep with no hesitation. Klonopin is the best. Thanks Klonopin!"

Klonazepam2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "I take 0.25mg - 0.5 mg of this to help manage anxiety heading into public speaking events (about once a month). It helps me feel focused and relaxed instead of being anxious and worried for no reason. At a low dosage (once a month or so) I don't feel any of the major side effects people have described. For awhile I felt guilty about taking this and tried to work with a therapist instead and doing meditation which did not entirely relieve my situational anxiety."

relievedinnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "This medication, when used properly, does help with generalized anxiety. The only problem is I was never told how to take it properly. I became addicted, and a bit suicidal. It wreaked absolute havoc on my life and the lives of my family. Name the side effect - I had it. It caused depression so bad, that I couldn't get out of bed. Insomnia to the point of where I was convinced I was losing my mind. Looking back now, it's hard to believe I ever felt the way I did, but I did. Please do research on the drug before taking it."

Mel12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I was diagnosed with pediatric migraines when I was 3 months old. After that I literally had a migraine every 3 months like clockwork for almost 23 years. I got so used to my "every 3 months cycle" that when I knew it was time for it to come around, I would actually warn school and work that I'd be needing at least 3 to 5 days off. I literally don't know anyone who gets them as bad as I do, I vomit and I'm extremely sensitive to light and sound and I literally can't get out of bed for 3 to 5 days. They've caused me several jobs and several missed days of school. I've been prescribed over 20 different medications trying to find that worked but nothing ever did. Then I had a friend show me Clonazepam and ever since then, been migraine free!"

Holly Marie February 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had severe OCD starting around 14. My anxiety level was horrible. At age of about 50 a doctor said he would calm me down so I could be more functional. I took 4 1mg tablets a day with no side effects other than lowering my anxiety to a acceptable level. I still take klonopin and consider it best drug I have ever tried and still use it"

Totem February 13, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Been taking 0.5-1mg clonazepam for 20 years for PTSD flashbacks. Diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 years ago. Because of scoliosis and spinal stenosis the only exercise I can do comfortably is stationary bike. Usually do this 5 out of 7 days a week. The past week or so I did none for various reasons. The past several nights the RLS has been so bad I've awakened 3-4 times and tried the clonazepam. Helped at first, but for no more than 1 hour. From reading articles I think I must get myself back to the bike. Then I'll know for sure. The clonazepam still works very well for panic/anxiety/flash backs. Thankful for that."

jigsawlady (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have had anxiety all my life!-40 years. During one very long 3 week period of being in what my psychologist called a "panic state," I absolutely had to ask my doctor for something that would help me begin to function again. I don't prefer to medicate unless it is absolutely necessary, and while taking this is not exactly something that I wanted my situation to come to, I eventually decided that if I did not opt for some type of pharmaceutical intervention, I might have had a stroke from the insane physical stress, which was bringing me to the brink of insanity. ONE pill before bed one evening did the trick for me. It was like hitting the reset button, and I woke up rested, calm, and totally fine again. Haven't needed another pill yet."

2BAnnonymous February 11, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Scary drug. Took the lowest dose for anxiety, came to three hours later. Totally blacked out. Still don't remember a thing that went on till this day. Good thing I was at home when I took it."

Manda284 February 10, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was put on klonopin at age 17. I took it as prescribed for 20 years, going from 0. 5mgs to 3-4mgs a day. While it worked great for anxiety and insomnia, I wish I had never taken this medication. Last year I was detoxed off of it. When I tapered off I didn't sleep at all for 11 days. After that I had extreme anxiety and agitation. I couldn't sit still for months, I had to take a non addictive medication to be able to sleep at all. I was unable to eat well for months. Doctors don't think to tell you that this medication makes you physically dependant. You cannot stop abruptly or you risk seizures. It is made for short term use, about 2 weeks. I wish I had never taken this medication. I will never take another benzodiazapine again."

Firechild877 (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I noted marked decrease in intellectual ability and memory. I need to go off this med for Neoropych testing and 48 hour EEG, although I have high stressors in my life so I need to take it. When I wean down I get sinus tachycardia. Hr of 122 at rest. Taking Klonapin makes HR decrease to 80's."

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "This Clonopin does not work at all. It makes me nauseous and irritable. It also gives me acne. They were out of the yellow tablets so they gave me the pink ones instead. I will not take these pain pills anymore."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have had Burning Mouth Syndrome for nearly 5 years. Clonazapam does help, but does not take the pain away completely. I am on other meds to help with the pain..mostly anxiety meds and some meds for Parkinsons Disease that are known to help with BMS. I have had GAD the majority of my life and BMS started in the downward spiral of my mother's impending death, a job of 20 years I quit to help her and start my own business, and my only child leaving for college. Anxiety and neurological disorders run in my family. Thought I was pretty healthy until this bomb hit me."

Kris P (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam would be a great medicine if it wasn't addictive & known to cause dementia. Those are the reasons why my doctor removed me off of this medicine. When I took it it helped take the edge off my anxiety. I didn't have many side effects from it & I never became addicted to it. The only side effect I had was it would make me tired sometimes. That's it. Even with it being addictive & being known to cause dementia, I still give it a 7 out of 10 stars because it was very effective for me. It would have gotten 10 stars if it was safer to take & if it had ridded me of my anxiety completely."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug works well "short term". As all of the literature you have read about it says. However, "Short Term" is ambiguous. For some people "Short Term" might mean it retains it's efficacy for 2 years without problem as it did for me. If it seems you have been on this for years and it's still working, don't fool yourself. 2 Important things to note. 1. Tolerance withdrawal - Doctors will never tell you about this, some don't even acknowledge that it exists. This means that when your body has developed tolerance to this medicine, even though you keep taking your steady dose, you will start to experience god awful withdrawal symptoms. Believe it. 2. Taking over 1.5-2mg per day does not provide any benefit."

ocdeed February 1, 2016

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I have been percribed a multitude of medications in the last year and a half or so. As it turns out I have been very sensitive to the first 2 types of antidepressants.cipralex was the first then zoloft. I have been diagnosed with what the Dr said as a" high anxiety mood disorder" It seems that life as I once knew it has melted away and I feel so ashamed and empty. The zoloft was such a horrible experience for me. I also was perscribed clonazepam 0.5mg =3"

Sandieloin January 31, 2016