User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 993 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Seizure Prevention: "Cured"

liamp2 April 6, 2016

For Anxiety: "I started this Drug in 2004 because because of bad panic attacks and high anxiety anytime I was outside my house. In elevators, in crowds, in cars if there was a lot of traffic and a million other situations. I did no research on this drug, just assumed my doctor knew best. It definitely works, probably the best anti anxiety drug on the market, and longer lasting than Xanax, however it does come at costs. Depending how much you take, or how much anxiety relief you need it can really be debilitating. If you need higher doses it can make you drowsy, cannot drive. I highly recommend this drug for emergency usage only because its addictive and I didn't know this but stopped abruptly and had widthdrawls like a heroin addict when I stopped"

dontleavethehouse April 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "I'm a 37 year old male and have suffered from Anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've tried tons of anti anxiety meds, including Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Oxazepam, Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, SSRI's, SNRI's, etc etc. I finally got introduced to Clonazepam, what a MIRACLE of how good it works for me. I take 2mg 3x daily and I'm finally anxiety free. Living a perfect normal life now. Best medication I've ever used. Thank you KLONOPIN for giving me my life back."

Klonazepam2mgTEVA (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 31, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "A nurse at a psychologist put me on this drug along with Prozac over 3 years ago. She told me it would be a band-Aid until the Prozac start working. I went for a follow up appointment a month later and she said since it's working she didn't want to change anything. Months went by I still felt great no panic attacks, nothing. Started to gain weight and felt extremely sleepy during the day so I wanted to start weaning off-spent 1 1/2 yr trying to wean myself off only to start the withdrawal symptoms - electrical shocks, extreme night sweats and nightmares.Finally I weaned myself to .5 mg Klonopin and 10 mg of Prozac. Last Friday night (10 days today) I came home and flushed the pills. going through hell now. Don't start, get help naturally!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for years, thanks in large part to a serious medical condition that has since been addressed. Klonopin has helped tremendously even at a fairly low dose (1mg daily). I would add that this is not a drug to stop cold turkey; having tried, I can tell you that it worsens the anxiety and panic. I'm also not thrilled that I still take it after so many years. But, it has greatly improved my quality of life and for that I am grateful."

BBRM (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "Indigogirl, Switching from Ativan to Klonopin is very common. Due to the fact that Klonopin is 2x more potent tand lasts much longer also. 2mg Ativan = 1mg Klonopin. Ativan has a 12-18 hour half life, while Klonopin has a 24-50 hour half life. Ativan peaks within 30 minutes, while Klonopin peaks within 2 hours. If you were too sleepy with the switch, your Klonopin dose was too much. For me, Klonopin is the best all around benzo. I've been on Xanax, Ativan, and Valium, Klonopin is the king of the class of Benzodiazepines."

KlonoPINme (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I don't know that it is clonazepam 1mg 1 mg per day, but I have electric like sensation from my head into my feet. Joints hurt, burning sensation in feet make it uncomfortable to walk.. Anxiety attacks are worse to the point of not wanting to go out especially alone.. I was taking trazodone, stopped at 25 mg. Dose last night, replaced with 5 HTP, 50 mg. Of sequel (which I have been taking. ) I slept fine, but when I awoke some problems with tingling, burning. When I took another 5 HTP and clonazepam, plus 2 mg. Of Tizanidine, I went back to sleep, but the burning, tingling and painful joints very bad upon awakening. Still going on. I thought the natural products would eliminate this. "

Babyjones42 March 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "This med is a godsend, I only wish I was diagnosed earlier in life, so I wouldn't have lost so many years to anxiety and panic attacks!"

LuckyLarry777 March 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking clonazopam intermittently for 15 mos. It was prescribed to me by a neurologist for insomnia, nocturnal myoclonic jerks, and restless leg attacks. 0.5 mg has worked well with fighting off the nerve attacks and wide awake feeling to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer than I can on my own. I also used it for longer sleep as needed for a special event such as traveling out of town. Finally I was sent for a sleep study last month and found that I have severe sleep apnea while sleeping on my back and mild on my side. I snore loud off and on but would have no idea other than my spouse telling me. I have fragmented sleep, some of it with vivid dreams. I hope to start c-pap therapy soon and then wean off clonazepam."

Hulda61 March 12, 2016

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Was in pure agony 24/7 with BMS for about 2 1/2 months. Tried 'magic mouthwash', but it only lasts an hour and was supposed to be used every 4 hours, so I went through the bottle in no time. Went through a bottle of Chloraseptic every 4-5 days. Took extra vitamins, went on Alpha Lipoic Acid, tried everything I could find suggested online. Then finally asked my doctor for clonazapam. I could tell when the first pill dissolved in my mouth it was going to help. Now I'm just trying to get the dosage right. BMS is about 80% better. I get 1 mg up to 3 times a day. I can easily take all 3 just to sleep at night. Should I ask for a higher dosage? Taking them this way leaves me with nothing for the daytime, and nothing for anxiety."

bms trouble March 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This "medicine" ruined my life. I took it just as the doctor prescribed Clonazepam.5mg every night before bed. He said I would probably need them for the rest of my life. He failed to tell me these are very powerful TRANQUILIZERS (all benzo are). We are only supposed to take these for no more than 2 weeks!! It worked well for many years until one day it quit working. Tolerance Withdrawal, Sick 24/7, med no longer works, sheer panic. Suffering all since that day and it's been one year off now.These meds also cause depression over the years. I had a great life until this med caused me to lose everything!!! Nightmare!!! Please, don't walk, run from this poison!!"

Hardwork56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug is great. Sure you can go med free, which I've done, to prove to yourself that anxiety can't hurt you and there is nothing to fear (blah blah blah) - BUT my life truly was misery with this approach. What's the point, I told myself, of proving I can tough it out. Left unchecked anxiety can spin you into fearing all kinds of silly stuff - doctor/dentist visits, flying, being stuck in traffic, shopping .... Klonopin kills the deep down anxiety. Oh - and if all you have is anxiety (no depression) - stay far far away from the antidepressants......some friendly advice."

JPinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking this drug 10 years ago because I was always stressed and was waking up at 3am. Started on 0.5mg at bedtime, combined with Trazadone, and it would knock me out within 15 minutes-I almost had to rush to the bed sometimes. It was prescribed to take another dose in the morning but I only did this once, as it made me very sleeping driving to work. I later discovered the Trazadone wasn't doing anything and now just take the Klonopin at 0.75mg at bedtime and it gradually puts me to sleep and keeps me there. If I wake in the middle of the night and would normally stress about stuff, I am able to fall back to sleep till morning. Helps with work anxiety during the day, too. It has been a miracle drug for me!"

MarcofromTropoja (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "One of the effective ones for insomnia...long acting. Actually, I was up 3 nights straight, had to take one 2mg or 2.5...caught up on major sleep. I can't say it's doing a 9pm to 7am. However, it's aiding me in getting sleep. I may need to take it properly. Only downfall, I don't like downers. Also, it doesn't cause hunger but it relaxes me enough to indulge in what I'd normally decline doing. Minor after effect of low energy."

Realitygenerics (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Wonderful pill. My doc put on 2mg once a day before bed. In one week, this medication turned my life around. I was suffering from extreme manic/depressive episodes, depression, irritability and panic crisis. and Seroquel 50mg was worsening everything up, horrible drug for me. I am now on 4mg of clonazepam, and doing fine. Brought me back to life thank God."

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "The absolute perfect benzo. The long half life is there, the potency is there, great muscle relaxing properties, great for sleep, I can go on and on with this. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x daily, and that's my perfect dose..I take 1 in the am, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the pm, and it works like magic. I've tried other benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Ativan..although those benzos were also very helpful, but Klonopin is my #1"

Teva834-2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was taken off of ativan 1mg x3 per day and switched to klonopin. This drug made me ache all over and my joints, had crying bouts and sever depression with very dark thoughts. I finally got switched back. I hate this drug. Made me want to sleep all the time as well zero energy and aggressive."

indigogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have bad insomnia and ADHD. My first time taking it was tonight and I was hoping to fall asleep early (I was already very exhausted) to wake up for my 6 am shift in a few hours however I was filled with energy within an hour after taking it and have been up since I'm very upset! Work today will be horrible and I'm not looking forward to it at all!"

slimy potato (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I love Klonopin. When I was going through an extremely hard custody case with my ex husband, my doctor prescribed the Klonopin. She scheduled it up to 3 times a day. I used it too. It helped me face my fears and stand up for myself for once. Once that was over she scheduled it on 1.0mg as needed up to.3 time's a day. I still have the script. I do use the Klonopin only when I'm in a situation that I need help relaxing. I know I need it at those times. When I take it, I would feel great. If I didn't need it but thought I did, all it would do is make me tired. It's been 3 years of PRN Klonopin & I know when I need it and when I don't. For those who feel this could be abused, my response is if the person really needs it, Misuse wouldn't happen"

Jo...Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have PTSD, OCD, severe bipolar and severe borderline personality disorder along with severe panic attacks and constant anxiety. I was taken off of 0.5 mg Xanax taken four times a day over 25 years which enabled me to live a "normal" life. I was prescribed klonopin instead. While it does help tremendously with the panic and anxiety, for me anyway, Xanax worked much better. I am on a slew of other meds for the other disorders I have. Just commenting on klonopin"

Didi1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Seizure Prevention: "It is the only thing that has helped my seizure disorder. All other drugs seem to make it worse, or mentally drive me crazy. I've been taking clonazepam for about a year now...only a half of a 0.5mg dose. I haven't had to up it. I believe it's because I try to only take it as needed, and usually only once per day. Depending on how I'm feeling, I will go a day or two without it. I think this is why my tolerance hasn't gone up. Highly recommend if you are suffering, being a little tired here and there is worth it compared to all of the nasty side effects the other drugs bring. Even though my doctor tried to argue me on this, and said I should only be on keppra, I stand by what I am feeling first and foremost. Highly recommended"

Lylaalexander February 19, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "what can I say? has anyone seen the movie "Shutter Island"? imagine a veteran instead of a US Marshal (in this case me), diagnosed with PTSD and related "panic attacks" along with epilepsy. The VA has yet another lab rat for pharmaceutical testing. and just like poor Leo's character, who is going to believe me when I say that the VA wants to see how much Clonazepam it will take for me to kill myself (one way to shut me up about stuff that happened in my unit during the cold war huh?). to be honest I refused to take even one dose because I value my life ALOT more than the VA does."

Oliver Larch (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The absolute best benzodiazepine. I've had Anxiety and Night terrors ever since I can remember. As a kid, I was always scared to sleep alone, and in the dark. My mom had to always sit with my til I fell asleep. This never went away. I'm 28 years old now. My doctor first RX'D me Xanax 2mg 2x daily, it really helped, but it stopped working so quickly! Then I got put on Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, now that's exactly what my body and mind needed. I'm perfectly anxiety free, and can sleep with no hesitation. Klonopin is the best. Thanks Klonopin!"

Klonazepam2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016