User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,269 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "I've been on 2mg of Clonazepam daily for over a year for REM Sleep Disorder. Lately, both myself and my wife have noticed I was becoming withdrawn, irritable, and impatient. I cut my dosage in half (on my own intiative) eleven days ago and began taking Melatonin with the 1mg of Clonazepam. After reading the horror stories of withdrawal I visited my sleep Physician two days later. He agreed with my decision to taper off Clonazepam and defined the 2mg as a fairly low dose compared to what many take for anxiety issues. He recommended I continue 1mg Clonazepam and 4mg of Melatonin. During the 11 days I have had some minor discomfort while feeling much better emotionally. I will follow up in 30 days to taper further."

evangmlw (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2017

For Anxiety: "I had facial nervous twitch and anxiety and clonazepam was a blessing in the past working as with the public it was very embarrassing. I can drive with no problems and relaxed me enough to accomplish more also if I talk too fast it slows me down to a normal pace. Sometimes I have insomnia and taking 2 tablet before going to bed did not work. My Doctor said take 1 tablet an hour before going to bed then take a second one after that hour it made a total difference."

Anonymous October 3, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have bi polar disorder and this calms my mania and relaxes me. It reminds me as well to just say calm :)"

nicknames October 2, 2017

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 1mg of alprazolam for years. New Dr. gave me .05 of Clonazepam. I am NOT sleeping with Clonazepam. The first dose taken several hours ago. I have severe insomnia. Because I'm 67, Doctor uses that as an excuse to not keep me on alprazolam which actually worked. Tried Melatonin, nothing. I SERIOUSLY need sleep. How long does it take .05 Clonazepam to kick in"

Chapita55 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I am Bi-Polar, with Panic Disorder, PTSD and Anxiety Disorder. In my 30's during the 90's I was given every a-typical anti-psycotic by psychiatrists.( free samples of by the pharmacy reps coming into the office.) The reactions to these medications were severe. I went to the ER numerous times with TD, lock jaw and mostly Severe Akethesia- restless pacing, inability to sit down, panic attacks. I could not eat, or sleep, a sense of impending doom, and lost weight. I was a guinea pig for over 10 years. Finally an educated psychiatrist gave me Klonopin and all panic attacks stopped. I have never taken more prescribed. I am 50 now and live a normal happy life with a grandson and no more ER's thanks to Klonopin."

scheherazadea (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2017

For Insomnia: "I take klonopin for anxiety induced insomnia. It is really helpful, especially after I have decreased the dose of doxepin that I have been taking. Benadryl wasn't enough for me. Klonopin provides me with really good relief. It's also good at helping mitigate alcohol dependency."

stayinalive (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed as early as nine with GAD as the years passed it got so bad that I was put on disability at the age of 27 for a year. I had lost many jobs and relationships. I became an agoraphobic and this lasted almost 2 years. I have been seeing an amazing Dr. and he recommended Klonopin since it was longer acting. I told him I would think about it as I had been taking ativan for years and assumed it was working (while I was still trapped inside my house, panic would subside a bit in my safety zone with the ativan.) Anyways, after many sessions with my Dr and trying many medications I was diagosed with GAD, Panic Disorder with Agoriphobia. I had never even heard the term panic disorder but it fit me to a T. Nothing has worked better for me"

Gwen88 September 26, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Also OCD/GAD/Tourettes. I am an addict. I was a Heroin user and have been abstained for nearly 10yrs. When I went to Federal Prison they took me off a combination that a very accredited Mental Health Team put in place. When I arrived I was stable. They DC'd all meds cold turkey esp 60mg paxil and Klonopin. Months later I attempted Suicide on 3 different attempts. Swallowing 200 Tylenol, Cutting a main vein, and hanging myself which were no cry's for help. I had lost the will to live. They put me on 600 pills/ mo instead of the right drug. I developed Seizures, something I never had. After years of reaching out I accomplished the anomaly, I was put back on. I send this from the ICU with Diverticulitis which is a direct result of Anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "This medicine saved my life. I lost all my family between 18-21 years old other than one brother. I'm about to be 34 and needless to say, it has saved me from waking up daily, soaked in sweat, panicking and depression. Those doctors that won't prescribe it and my opioids to me and now I am going through cold turkey right. They don't realize how bad this impacts a person's life. I'm probably gonna lose my job because of opioid withdrawal for two weeks. Ten years use of oxycodone prn 4 a day ten mg from a drunk driver hitting me. I'm lucky to have my foot. Fifteen pieces of hardware later, I'm still here. Clonazepam and all drugs need to be legalized. These new laws the government makes up. "We The People" are supposed to be in control this has really mucked up my life and other's lives. "

IrishMike84 (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2017

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam has been a wonderful medication for generalized anxiety, OCD, and PTSD in my case. It helps "round me out" and keeps me feeling stable emotionally. The best part about this medication is that it lasts way longer than other benzodiazepines without the "I need a Xanax now!" feeling when it wears off. It helps prevent anxiety in the first place so as not to need an immediate relief medication. It doesn't make me feel sluggish or depressed. Best anxiety drug I've taken yet!"

thecoochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I also have been on and off Klonopin and Xanax. I love the way xanax kicks in quick. And you can actually feel your trouble melt away and your anxiety. When it comes to what I now prefer is the klonopin, it last longer it has a long half life and it not as additive as the xanax. I became very tolerant to xanax and it became a problem because I had to take more because it wears off so fast. Klonopin doesn't do that so it really helps people that suffer with panic anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My anxiety began with my colon becoming so tightened up and spastic that I was bent over worse than kidney stones which I've had bad also. After 1 week in a Hospital with every GI test, found that my emotions hit dead square in my stomach. Well, doctor gave me 1mg of klonopin, and it would within 30 minutes give full relief and no horrible pains!!! Also at the same time spent another week with a full nervous breakdown and have Generalized Anxiety Disorder very full blown. I take about 3 or 4mg at most a day since 2010, and can work fully and function wonderfully without all the crazy OCD, panic, freaking out. It stays in my system most the day so don't have to pop another over and over like I did xanax... This is a lifesaver!!!"

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Had to stop, as it is not FDA approved for neuropathy and practitioners will not prescribe in current anti-controlled substance climate."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: ""I serverd in the United States military and was diagnosed with a horrible panic disorder. I left 70% disability due to severe Anxiety and a crippling panic disorder with Agoraphobia . I have been on everything there is including all the REAL serious meds in my 4 psychiatric visits at the VA. Nothing worked absolutely nothing besides benzodiazepines. Klonopin in my opinion works the best out of the benzo family. Has a very long half life and will come on slower but last way longer than others like xanax or Ativan witch hit you FAST but leave fast leaving you with wanting another dose quicker witch in my opinion sucks. In conclusion Klonopin saved my life I have been on it 5 years at .5mg 3 times a day""

Collin11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Was prescribed klonopin after SSRI and antipsychotic didn't help my severe anxiety condition klonopin is the answer for me. Can't believe how it helps me in life. Also helps with my insomnia to sleep. Thankful for klonopin!."

Aman1793 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "I am a survivior of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI'S). I was misdiagnosis bi-polar. I was re-evaluated 10-12 years ago because of a 'fatty liver' condition due to the Seroquel a psychoactive drug. This misdiagnosis was reaffirmed when, I became part of a DNA study. Each individual would need to participate at their own discretion. The point to my comment is for me...clonazepam has been since 2008 now it is 2017 a workable solution with no side effects or health risks or addiction issues. 2017, I have been arbitrarily taken off of clonazepam by a 'physicians assistant' in the mental health field. "We are not treating for depression." This is not logical."

CHAPAWEE10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "A few things to know: this medication will change your life. Even taking it once will make you realize that those sad, dark, anxious thoughts in your head is ONLY anxiety. I promise you are going to be okay. There are many people on here searching for meds who suffer from this debilitating anxiety that a lot of others (without anxiety) cannot understand. Klonopin gives you that extra push you need to come to this realization and gets you through dark moments. Another thing: it is not as addictive as Xanax, which is extremely important when deciding which benzo is best for you. Best of luck."

youarenotaloneipromise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

For Sleep Paralysis: "I've had sleep paralysis on and off for years but never asked my doctor if there was any medication that treated it, didn't even mention it happened to me every once in a while cuz it wasn't every night. However, I got prescribed clonazepam for my anxiety/panic disorder. One night I kept experiencing the tremors and sleep paralysis while trying to fall asleep and I researched how to stop it from happening and came across clonazepam. I then took my medication and boom! Was able to fall asleep shortly after with no disturbances. I just had another episode last night and had not taken my clonazepam for a few days since I don't need it everyday, and once I took it, it went away and I slept like a baby. 100% recommend this medication, it works."

nghtmres (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

For Anxiety: "Awful drug for me way too sedating could not function at all"

Lexilove216 September 5, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been diagnosed with bipolar and severe anxiety. I saw a new psychiatrist two years who prescribed Klonopin. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking 3mg daily. But I also take Seroquel for troubles sleeping. Together, the psychiatrist and I decided to decrease the Klonopin to 2 mg. Well the anxiety is back after 2 years. And I'm real upset. Going to see my PCP on Tuesday and calling my psych doc as well."

Debbie conti55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "MY RLS came on post op of a Total hip replacement .It was wicked . I would get up at 2 AM and go for a walk. I got stopped by the police.They would walk around the block with me until the symptoms went away. Went to my sleep neurologist and she knew immediately what it was. RLS post op is triggered by low feratin levels and/or withdrawal from opiates (pain meds) you need to have your Iron levels checked . I have found a walk late afternoon ,ie mowing the lawn helps . There is stimulation pad made called Relaxis which does work . However it drives my wife nuts."

sleeping sam (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2017

For Anxiety: "Been manic psyhotic and on since life since 2009. Doc gave me 0.5 3x as needed. I think I will need only one a day. I take one after breakfast. It's been a while since I've felt this normal."

Krisiwnl (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

For Anxiety: "Has a longer half life than xanax, harder to get addicted, and is a nice smooth way out of feeling anxious."

Nick162092 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Although this drug can help with panic attacks/anxiety, it is extremely dangerous and is for SHORT TIME USE ONLY. I have recently stopped taking it ( I took it 5 yrs) and have gone through the worst withdrawal, both mentally and physically. Using it long term can lead to dependence and even addiction. It also prevents you from truly living your life because you just go through the motions in a daze and do not learn valuable anxiety/depression coping skills. The moment you are without it, your world comes crashing down. I had severe physical pain (vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sleeplessness, headache) and suicidal thoughts. Use it ONLY when necessary and for a short time. Please be careful and learn about your medications before you start them."

SES1216 August 23, 2017

For Anxiety: "Just received the accord c2 2 mg white clons instead of my usual teva brand. These accord ones are great! Worst generic ones I've had was M stamped mylan"

buckethead129 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017