User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1118 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "After suffering with burning mouth syndrome for over a year, my doctor said that he had had good luck with one other patient using orally disintegrating clonazepam. I quickly got his Rx for it. It dissolves easily on my tongue (no bad taste) and I take it twice a day, 12 hours apart. After about 10 days I can say than I am ecstatic that my burning mouth syndrome seems to have disappeared. I have a little left over mouth pain but that I can attribute to my upper denture. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I certainly think it's worth a try if you can tolerate it. My only side effects were a little dizziness for a couple of days (didn't drive), then daytime drowsiness. I don't work, so this posed no problem for me. hurray!"

JBB7951 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I was an iv meth user for 6 months and I'm really proud to say I'm clean since march 05/16. I went one month detox until I couldn't handle the racing thoughts and tense-ness through my whole body. Finally I go to a doctor and Valium fixed me up for one month then weaned of that. Still experiencing some same symptoms so he tried propranolol. Which helped take the edge off but hardly so I switched to Zoloft which was hard! But much better thoughts. Still tense still freeze up in situations still worry about an minor inconvenience I would cry and think about death just death in general my brain would stick to one thing and float around everything else. Until I got clonazapam. I can think things through, keep calm when pressured, and live!"

Alivinglady November 28, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for insomnia and towards the end of my manic episode my brain was gone when I was really logical and smart and insightful during my episode the nurses and resident thought and didn't even think I had a mental illness and thought it was only my personality (I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type) but by the end of my recovery and after the high doses of clonazepam and only being on it for 2 months I was already doing stupid stuff I wouldn't ever do and even called my cousin my other cousin's name on thanksgiving when I greeted him and I've never been this stupid in my life."

someone114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "benzos will burn your nervous system and neural circuits, dont be stupid this drug is just a mask to the problem, once you get off it. if you have a panic disorder, your panic attacks will explode during the withdrawal, if you find hope in this drug, I seriously recommend you rethink your life decisions before taking it any further, I had bad experience, it took only 1 benzo for me to realize this isnt the cure. To those people suffering panic attacks, you have to conquer it naturally and with SSRI meds, I wouldn't take the time to come here and write this if I didnt want to help anyone, benzos are like any other illicit drug, they blind you and make you think you just took 5 steps forward, when you come off it you are 100 steps back.GL"

anonyy November 25, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've had severe anxiety for as long as I can remember...clonazepam has actually helped in so many ways I would recommend it if your anxiety is really bad. The cons though it makes you sleepy "

Numberoneashley November 21, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Don't know as yet because am just about to go on to it...Sounds really intriging!! i say with abated breath as I'm plum-tuckered colloquial for absolutely pooped.. That means in slang that I am really tired and out of sorts...In other words up the pole...Absolutely all-in.. Good morning am soon going to have a nap on the office floor...10.04a.m GMT Grantham mean time!!!??"

Basil Hare (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I don't understand why there are so many high (8-10) ratings for this drug. After reading so many who experienced negative effects, yet they gave a high rating. My first night taking my 1mg. prescription, I woke up thirsty and spilled water all over myself. Not a big deal. A while later, I rolled out of bed onto a bedside table and bruised myself badly. I had never before fallen out of bed. After the first night, I slept well and continued using it with no noticeable side effects. After using up my 3 months prescription, I was told that I needed to go to my doctor's office for paper prescription. I'm 68 years old, disabled and live 16 miles from my doctor's office. I am now suffering with horrible withdrawal symptoms!"

Spd 1341 November 16, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I take .5 klonopin and i still get really bad anxiety on it. I tried telling my psych about it but she said it was okay. Personally, I dont think it works and im 122lb."

SARannR November 14, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I have been on this med when I was diagnosed with UC in 2007. Due to the nature of my job and the stress. I only take when needed, have gone over a month when it wasn't needed. Also, anyone who has WD from this med must be on a large dose. I personally never experienced any problems when off it. It's a miracle pill for me. Every six months I see my gastroenterologist and stay on top of all info on the medication. It's a blessing."

Jersey Shore November 13, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This medicine has destroyed my life. Yes it works well and yes I was able to sleep but tolerance build up quickly you need to keep increasing your dose. It might not increase and everyone but it did for me. It also ended up causing a major depression from use which I cannot get out of. I also went through the worst withdrawal trying to get off of this and I am still unable to sleep since using it. I think it affected my brain's chemistry. I literally only sleep 5 to 6 hours a week since quitting. I know the Temptation could be great to start it because as I said it works for insomnia and anxiety but be warned it is nearly impossible to get out of your life. I'm currently on family medical leave from work trying to get my life back together"

Jml76 November 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Stay away from this nightmare drug it can in most likely cause depression and more it's dangerous i had withdrawals for months horrible......."

laurahope November 7, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "I have tried clonazepam and had no luck. I have had BMS for over 3 years now and absolutely nothing has helped agonizing pain. Have been to both Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. Mayo recommended the dissolving clonazepam but even after telling them muiltiplte times during my interview that I could not tolerate any kind of sweetner, they gave me tablet with aspertine in it! Have also tried just regular clonazepam left in my mouth for 3 minutes and then spit but no help either. Have tried all other remedies and meds to no avail. Take 1 mg xanax 3 x day to help manage anxiety from overwhelming pain."

Mdscl November 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "For generalized anxiety, this medication is probably the best or second best out there for it. It helps tremendously with general anxiety. When it comes to panic disorder, I would say it has its pros and cons but overall is good. If you only take Clonazepam for panic attacks, and that's the only time you take it, it should be great. (And was for me!) If you take it daily to prevent panic attacks, I think it also works great. But if you take it daily to prevent but end up still getting one, it doesn't help too much. But it's one of the better benzos to take as a regimen (though there is no* such thing as a good regimen) but it has its peak effect at around 2-3 hours and can last long, making it a great reliever for many! It's helped me!"

KyleFontenot (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Helps me live a normal life even tho I have Agoraphobia. This medicine kicks my panic disorder in the butt and keeps in down ALL DAY! Unlike Xanax that wears off in 4 hours and leaves you shaking. Also helps me through these uncomfortable Xanax withdrawals. I do feel like I need a stronger dose. I'm 145lbs and physically fit, I take .5mg and I don't feel high or drunk, just normally calm. I haven't tried doing anything outstanding on this drug yet. Maybe with more CBT I'll make more strides on this drug."

Eseloco954 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have used Klonopin over the years for anxiety and I've been looking in the internet saying it's so hard to get off of I've never had a problem I used to take 3 milligrams a day on and off for years and then when I quit I just quit I've never had a problem I don't understand where the problem lies with this drug because I've never had a problem coming off has anybody else had problems"

no problems November 4, 2016

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Medicine good.too much sleep. how do you stop sleeping"

rOor October 31, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Very useful medicine. Could finally sleep while on it and wasnt nearly as anxious as usual. No side effects so far."

Dawn_marie_6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Anyone taking clonazapam, PLEASE take note. Took it for RLS and I loved it, got great sleep with no apparent side affects. Thought this was the answer until dosage had to be increased to be effective. Been on 1.5 mg for seven years and when it stopped working, I then learned the hard way you must wean off very slowly and the detoxing is horrible! This is what no one tells you! Had I known it would be like this, I'd NEVER have gone on it...and I do understand the trials of RLS! Nothing is worth this! Look up side affects of stopping clonazapam and how long it takes to detox, you'll be shocked...I was. Felt like I was going to die (and the really bad stuff doesn't start until 3d or 4th day being off..., look out)! Please be informed!"

Live N lean (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I"

sylviaplath (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!!! Everyone ranking this at a "10" now, will regret it later!!!! Please avoid all Benzo's!! Especially this one!!! It wears off eventually and you'll have to keep going up in milligrams and the next thing you know, TOLERANCE WITHDRAWAL SETS IN!! You'll have no choice but to stop taking it and the withdrawal symptoms are hell on earth if not tapered off slooooooooooooooowly. And, even done that way isn't a walk in the park. Again, please avoid all Benzo's. Especially this one!!!! Goggle the withdrawal facts and people's stories on this pill....."

Tim DF October 18, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "About 3 months ago my anxiety got out of hand. I'm constantly obsessing something is wrong with my health. Brain tumors because I'm dizzy and lightheaded a lot, cancer because family members& a high school friend just got diagnosed, to heart problems. I'm 22 and know it's not healthy to obsess over this crap.. but I can't stop it. Tried new SSRIs. Haven't found one that's side effects are livable. I take klonopin as needed when I'm feeling bad and it instantly helps. Still have some anxiety but it chills me out to where I feel I don't need to go to the hospital. Very helpful. I was directed to take .25 MG twice a day but figured I'd only take it as needed so I don't get dependant to it. Hoping to find a new SSRI to nip this in the bud."

Mareenaedler (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have been prescribed a plethora of anti-depressants and non-benzodiazepine anti-anxiety meds; all accompanied by horrendous, long lasting side effects. Had a bad experience with a psychiatrist & also held a negative attitude toward being dependent on medication, therefore decided to be anti-medicated for several (miserable) years. Eventually came to terms with the fact that I can not properly function in society without medication. It took awhile, but I have finally found a great combination of meds, including .5 mg of Clonazepam. Anxiety is better managed. Happy to no longer be missing out because of anxiety. Would recommend a low dose (prescribed by a doctor, of course) to someone that has tried multiple anxiety medications with no avail."

Alexis J. October 14, 2016

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "My best friend was taking this medication for many years. He committed suicide in September. A few months before he told me that the the drug wasn't working and that it was a different manufacturer. He said he had been trying to get off it but was unable to. He was under a psychiatrist's care. I'm not sure of the entire story, only what he told me. However, he started to withdraw from all his friends and let his work slide. The last time I saw him he looked terrible, shakes, sweaty, awful. That was months before he died. He was 57 and had been taking the drug for decades. All I can say is it sounds like a dangerous drug for some people. I am saddened by his passing and wish there was something we could have done to help him."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2016