User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

JConrad January 4, 2020

For Anxiety: “This has been a life saver for me. I went down a spiral of depression and self destructive behaviour and was very resistant to see a doctor which made things worse. Also, I was scared of the "fame" that follows this substance. Once I decided to see a doctor and started the recommended dose - 0.5mg three times a day - life changed in a very acute way: intrusive thoughts were diminished, concentration went up and productivity went back to what it was before depression set in. It's been 4 years on it at the same dosage. This and the anti-depressant saved my life, once I was on the verge of suicide. Nowadays I allow myself to skip dosages on a few days without any signs of malaise. I can't say my experience is a textbook example of what it does, but in my personal experience I may say it was fundamental to avoid something worse. In my country the recommended treatment limit is about 12 weeks; I'm well past that and, as I mentioned, I'm able to take drug holidays without negative effects.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

For Anxiety: “Have been on .5 , .25 and now .17 once daily. Began med 20 months ago. Had almost tapered off after one year all way down to .125, had a traumatic accident and panic attacks began. Back up to .5 for 4 months. This third time on this med. First was 9 years! Taper took 3 months first time, no withdrawal. Second time was 6 years later for only 1 month, no problem getting off. This time has been harder. But going slow and taking control of my taper is do-able. I’m down to .17 for 5 days now. Had one poor sleep on 4th night, 5th night was better and days are ok. I take gabapentin 600 mgs daily (two doses at 300 mgs each, am one and pm one). It calms me and has made this much easier. The reason I started tapering with gaba is I was having breakthrough panic attacks, did not want to increase dose. Instead of going up, I went down. Go slow!!!!! Stick with it. Ask about gabapentin to help. This med stopped panic, but I will never choose it again.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 1, 2020

For Insomnia: “Have taken clonazepam at dose 0.5mg once daily at night for insomnia caused by anxiety. I’ve been on this 3 times in my life. First was for 9 years, second was 1 month, now about one and half years. I was weaned off first time over 3 months, not a problem. Second time was 6 years later and was easy after only one month. This time is harder than first time. It’s taking months down to 0.125mg after 4 months. The 0.125 has only been a few days. I slept last two nights. I’m taking gabapentin to manage symptoms and can get off GABA much easier than benzodiazepines. I like how clear my head feels, I like the idea of being med free. I never increased my Clonazapam dose, but had breakthrough panic attacks, signals a need for more ( no thanks) or time to taper off. Side effects negative were dependence and breakthrough panic, withdrawal if taper too fast, memory problems sometimes, IBS, and feeling controlled by the meds. Positive has been no panic in general, sleep. But hey, it’s addictive.”

Ddr · Taken for 10 years or more January 1, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Had panic disorders all through high school and did nothing about it til 4th year of college. I've been on 1mg of Klonopin for 24 years and my dose base never increased or decreased. It truly changed my life for the good. Thank you for letting me share.”

Anonymous December 31, 2019

For Anxiety: “Wish there were negative numbers to rate clonazepam. HORRIBLE stuff. Have been having anxiety and panic attacks over real situations (not just imagined). Took it once and felt like all the life had drained out of the world, not to mention staggering across the room. Cut dosage for second pill in half and felt nothing. Next morning I woke up and felt the worst depression and brain fog I have experienced in my whole life. PLUS extreme anxiety over feeling this way! It CREATES anxiety, plus depression, brain fog and lack of coordination. I'd rather have a "normal" panic attack and anxiety. This stuff is HORRIFIC. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. (To top it all off, people get addicted to it and can't come off it? What kind of bad joke is this stuff? Who paid off the FDA to approve it?!!)”

Sassy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 30, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I couldn’t sleep and was having panic attacks quite often. I was prescribed Klonopin to help with these conditions. It’s worked for 3 1/2 years and it’s better than Xanax with the panic attacks. I don’t feel anxious, my panic attacks are under control and taking klonopin, I feel normal. I felt different when I took Xanax klonopin is a lifesaver. I sleep well and rarely have a panic attack. I am grateful to my family doctor because I feel like a normal person again.”

Sniper · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2019

For Anxiety: “Tried other medicines but clonazepam works the best, I take it as needed 0.5mg along with clonidine 0.2mg”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have chronic insomnia and no med has ever worked. I take .5 clonazepam daily and it relaxed and removes restlessness just so I can go to sleep on my own nothing more. I have pretty good success on this and normalizing my sleep schedule. Still sometimes wake in the night but go back relatively easy and wake up early. Get 5-7 hours a day which is better that 3-4. I'm a fan”

Hannah December 26, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “My klonopin dose is a half a 0.5 mg pill in the morning it makes the panic so much worse I can barely leave the house or get through the day. By the mid afternoon I have to take the remaining half a pill. I used to take a whole pill twice a day then my Dr started reducing it. I am a mess I see her next week and if she reduces it again I'll be in the hospital and I have no insurance and divorced”

Dani · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 25, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “So I have made two previous posts about reducing my dose of clonazepam and wanted to keep you updated. I've been down to 1/4 of .5mg which is .125 for about 2 months now. I'm at 7 days in a row without taking any. My pcp prescribed a patch of clonidine .1mg to help with withdrawal symptoms. I haven't felt like I needed it yet but good to know there is something to help if I need it. I still get anxiety, muscle cramps, dizziness. Exercise, hydration and meditation has been helping me. I will push myself to be off of meds for a longer period of time, hoping to be off completely by end of January. Will update again when I'm free of it. Good luck everyone. Perhaps a detox facility will work for some who want off ASAP but need to be safe from seizures.”

KonaGirl · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “I’m currently on vacation in Hawaii and was prescribed .25 mg Clonazepam for insomnia (since I can never sleep while on vacay), and so far I don’t like this drug at all. It does help me sleep, and if I wake in the middle of the night, I’m able to fall right back to sleep, but it makes me feel sedated and numb for most of the next day, and I really dislike that feeling. Tonight I think I’ll try and cut the pill in half. I really wish I’d asked for Ambien or Valium.”

Jude · Taken for 10 years or more December 21, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I have had anxiety and depression for many years. When I returned from service almost 50 years ago I had raging panic attacks and agoraphobia. I overcame the agoraphobia and panic attacks through talk therapy since the stelazine the clinic gave me made life a living nightmare. I still had anxiety and depression and about 20 years ago I was diagnosed with moderate to severe OCD. I have been treated with cognitive therapy, buproprion and Zoloft successfully. When I have very occasional anxiety that I am unable to control, I have 1mg Klonopin from my psychiatrist. It works every time. Oddly, I don't feel a calming effect. Instead I realize that I feel "normal." My experience with Klonopin has been positive probably because I take a dose very occasionally.”

MINIV · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2019

For Anxiety: “I’ve been on clonazepam since I was 27 yrs old and I am now 51. I have complex PTSD, diagnosed at age 21. Age 27 I was put on medication. First I was on Zoloft, it gave me worse anxiety and I developed anorexia. Then Paxil I was really anxious and it scared me. I ended up in the hospital for 11 days,( I now know I had serotonin syndrome). I went to the hospital again and the emergency department told me to get off these medications and I was put on klonopin and when they ran out, I couldn’t sleep and was extremely anxious and fearful. I was prescribed 0.5 milligrams twice a day. My Dr now won’t prescribe anymore so I had to go off. I’ve been weaning off since September 2018. It has been hard but overall easy (staying mentally focused is key). I’m now on .25 mg hoping to be off by 2020. This medication saved my life and Helped me get stronger emotionally and psychologically. I honestly wouldn’t recommend any medication for anyone who has PTSD ..therapy is best.”

Dad 32 December 16, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I was dealing with financial struggles, marital problems and I couldn’t focus on making a plan to move forward. Klonopin/Clonazepam stopped my heart from racing 24/7 and I finally I could function. Klonopin + an antidepressant did it for me. I’ve never used meds before - if anxiety is getting the best of your life - this a good solution. Btw I stopped Clonazepam cold turkey for 6 weeks after 6 months of 3x0.5, sure my heart started racing a little again but went back on full dose, then after 2 months I cut down to just 0.25... so not everyone is affected by the addiction or withdrawal. For those who need this drug, it works miracles. Btw my doctor didn’t demand to down the dosage but anyone using meds should always listen to their body and keep to a minimum if possible”

Debbie December 15, 2019

For Insomnia: “I take 1/2 0.05 at 10 pm And it’s nighttime night for at least 5 hours Would like to taper off But sleep is so nice!!”

Nothing · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

For Anxiety: “My clonazepam brand is complete garbage. I doubt that there’s a half milligram in a 2 mg pill. They don’t work, and actually cause more anxiety put you into withdrawal, cause massive nausea and headaches and more side effects then I can mention. Making this product in India with poor quality, them shredding documents and you guys selling batches that don’t meet quality standards so you don’t lose profits at the cost of people’s health is disgusting. Even though the FDA is useless from your big money lobbyists I am filing a complaint along with others that had to experience this horrendous fake medication. Everyone that works for this company belong in prison.”

DEAsucks · Taken for 10 years or more December 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “After suffering with insomnia my entire adult life, I've been using Clonazepam for sleep for 12 years. 0.5 to 1mg nightly. Sleep like a baby and wake feeling refreshed and really good. No side effects at all! If you suspect your insomnia is due to anxiety, you must give this a try.”

Big White · Taken for 10 years or more December 12, 2019

For Anxiety: “I’ve been on Klonopin for almost 25 years. I’ve been mostly .5 mg 3x per day but I usually only take it twice. Klonopin is an excellent medicine for panic and anxiety, which is what I use it for. It takes the edge off. Keep in mind though most medicines have a trade off. For me, Klonopin has been a miracle drug but it does take the edge off everything. Creativity went way down, attention span, sex drive. Memory. Everything. Went off it cold turkey many years ago and it tore me up with withdrawal symptoms.”

Alex · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I’ve been taking Xanax for a couple years now. Up to 3 (2mg) a day. I experienced 3 seizures so far after not having the medicine for just a day or 2. DO NOT COLD TURKEY OFF XANAX OR KLONOPINS OR ANY BENZO. You will more than likely go through seizures, mini twitches and it’s not pleasant at all. It’s very scary too. I get scared and am afraid of one of these seizures may be my last. So please if I can help anyone just by reading this I’m happy. I need to taper off slowly and I intend to do so. I don’t want to live waking up everyday having to take something”

Micky · Taken for 10 years or more December 9, 2019

For Anxiety: “I've been taking 1mg Clonazepam 3x a day for many years, for MS and anxiety. One week ago I switch to the generic blue pill with the C 1 on it by Accord. It literally has little potency. I immediately made a complaint. Folks, if you have a complaint, nothing will be done unless you call your local FDA office!”

edk · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 9, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “New Teva 0.5 clonazepam that I got in Nov 2019 with the imprint 832 not working , causes headaches , nausea , and is not working on anxiety . These people need investigated ASAP. I would like the old formula or the actavis back . hate this !!!!!!!”

Kas December 8, 2019

For Epilepsy: “clonazepam is a life saving drug. It broke my constant partial seizures and reduced them by 99%. It also helps me not be anxious, controls my mood swings, and prevents my migraine aura headaches. My only complaint is it makes me a bit emotionally numb and my memory is a bit affected, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Very cheap where I live too”

Soeepy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 4, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been on Clonazepam for six years and it had always worked for me over the past year my doctor has steadly been increasing by dosage. I am now on 4mg and still can not sleep. I still can't get a good night's sleep l am going for a sleep study soon. My doctor is going to try another benzo hope it helps Thank you”

rina · Taken for 10 years or more December 1, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I had severe anxiety and would shake. Was prescribed xanax and it just left me tired on top of my anxiety and shaking. Klonopin stopped my shaking and settled my racing thoughts. I was able to go to college, drive, stay in situations instead of leaving. It worked miracles for me!”

Barnes · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I had trouble sleeping” resulting in Hallucinations, I’m prescribed 1mg clonazepam 2x a day, 1 mg for sleep and 1mg in the day time for panic attacks and bipolar and social and anxiety. For the first time I was able to go with my mom to do grocery shopping, and it was busy” usually I would go into a panic attack” being near a bunch of people. It does put me to sleep if I’m not moving around, can’t drive a car on klonopin, but my mom usually takes me places, I usually take 1 mg at least 8 o’clock becomes its long life.”