User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1146 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "When a person has mental symptoms , they're supposed to have medical workup always. The reason is many medical conditions mimic mental illness until treated. Then zero symptoms forever (mentally). If a person has Myxedema (severe hypothyroidism), gets misdiagnosed as mentally ill (schizophrenia, bipolar, delusional d/o, depression, anxiety ...all common MISDIAGNOSES in thyroid disease), Klonopin can induce coma. This happened to me and then they realized I was not mentally ill. Had no symptoms since healing from this dreadfully dangerous drug. Read "Physical Illness presenting as Psychiatric Disease" before taking any psych drug. Any sedative, hypnotic, even Advil can cause MyxedemaComa 40%chance death. See Iatrogenic Coma & other articles."

Misdiagnosed and coma (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started having horrible extremely bad anxiety attacks for the past 5 months. Since then I've been on so many different medications to help with anxiety. I was first put on gabapentin, which I had a bad time on, horrible reaction that put me in the ER. Got put on clonezapam which worked wonders for me. The uncontrollable crying episodes stopped until I was put on adderal & lexapro which made them come back along with my anxiety attacks. Stopped the adderal & continued the clonezapam & finally came out of that. I still take the lexapro. But now I've developed a upper respiratory infection, having flu like symptoms. I was taking 1mg once a day everyday for almost a month. My doctor told me to take half a 1mg so now that's what I take."

Chyster January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking clonazepam .5 MG's once daily if needed for over a year now, and let's just say this medicine has done wonders for me! I suffer with horrible panic disorder as well with agoraphobia without clonazepam I probably would never be able to leave my house, I only take it when I need it which is usually three times a week depending but just knowing I have it helps calm me down, I am also on Zoloft 75mgs and the combo works great for me!"

Stefanie M January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on 2mg twice a day for over 14 years now. My dosage has never gone up and I feel it really helps keep my panic disorder in check. Sometimes I skip a dose and don't even notice it. I have had trouble with doctors wanting to take me off the medication and essentially play with my medications. However, my response is always "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I do recommend that anyone that is on this medication have a physician to monitor you on a regular basis. If you find yourself taking more than prescribed, please notify your doctor."

Mel76 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication should never be taken as a long term treatment for Anxiety, Panic Attacks etc.. This medication also should be given at low doses to begin 0.5 once or twice a day. The reason for these conclusions is that I first was given clonazepam over 25 years ago after extreme anxiety from a major surgery. My dosage was high (Started 2MGX 3 Day and Eventually 2MG X4 a day) I was on 2 MG X 4 a day for well over 20 years and getting off has been almost impossible, even in a detox center. Even with tapers. This last year we slowly were sort of successful by cutting it back down to 2MG X 3 a day and that took over a year of tapering. I still get the shakes once in a while, this drug is dangerous for now I crave it."

BIG V123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have been on this med for my panic/anxiety disorder for a few years now and I must say it is a saviour for me. I had very bad depression and anxiety/panic problems for years along with a medical problem about my thyroid. This medicine has helped me very much. I take .5 mg at bedtime. helps me sleep all thru the night. I get my 7-8 hours that I need. everyone can be affected differently with medications but I think in my opinion, if you take a benzo and/or a antidepressant and it freaks you out, then you are not taking the right medication for what ails you. That I know from my own experiences from other meds in the past. I take this with lexapro. This combo works wonders for me. Thank you."

Allaia January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have to say I was prescribed 0.5mg of Klonopin for sleep. I've tried other medications, Ambien, Lunesta etc.. with not too much success. The Klonopin worked wonders but after about a month on the medication, I felt very weird I started to have hallucinogenic dreams... with bouts of gloom and doom during my waking hours. It got to a point that I got moderately depressed thinking such negative thoughts and decided to stop taking the medication. Wow, I never thought withdrawal would happen to me.. but it certainly did. Sweating, nervous, agitated..... It took about 5 weeks off of the Klonopin for the withdrawal symptoms to cease. Please be careful folks.. it's one of most additive medications out there."

ok guy January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention: "Would not recommend for those with only generalized anxiety. To me, this pill calms the synapses in the brain in order to control seizures...as it does for me. It will not have the same effect on people who do not have overactive, sharp brain waves which cause epilepsy, period. However, if taken to calm the synapses, I see no harm in taking this medicine. I've been taking it for over 2 years now for my seizure control, and haven't had to up my dose from 0.5 mg once daily. It makes me feel normal, calm, safe, and unparanoid. Taken in moderation, and for reason that requires care brain wave wise, this can really help you...as it has me. People with epilepsy are wired differently than those of only anxiety or insomnia. We need to remember that"

Alice Marcus January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Klonopin completely destroyed my life. I was physically dependent after just 30 days. It took me 1.5 years to taper off the drug and I was disabled by the withdrawals. At 15 months off I still have symptoms. Google benzo withdrawal before you EVER take a benzo daily. My biggest regret in life is seeing a psychiatrist and taking Klonopin."

Blue skies January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "For me this worked like a miracle drug but be cautious because overuse can be hazardous if you have any fear simply take small breaks between and dont build up a tolerance if used properly I believe it can completely eradicate anxiety even if only temporarily"

Raoul Duke Darko January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was given clonazepam after my husband passed away to be able to sleep. It didn't help much so my Dr added half of a tablet. I took the 1.5 tablet which didn't help either. I am at a loss. I already take 2 types of antidepressants. I also hate these drugs that are supposed to help. I'm going to wean myself off of all of these drugs. I can't wait to be see if I feel normal, I hope."

Conniemy January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "After a car accident, I was prescribed this medication for TMJ which existed before the accident but grew significantly worse. I also experience anxiety and racing thoughts that prevent me from getting sleep. This medication has helped tremendously although I'm not able to take it every night. This can cause you to develop a tolerance."

7nywh3r3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Been on Clonaz for 4 years, on and off. I take 2 mgs as needed. I've had panic/anxiety attacks since I was a child. It wasn't until I got older that I realized what they were. I worry all the time. I can't fly with out this drug. When my anxiety prevents me from sleeping and I have racing thoughts and weird feelings of dread, I take it. 1 or 2 times a week. It's a miracle drug. My anxiety goes from 10/10, the worst I can imagine anyone experiencing anxiety, complete freakout panic with no way out, too bliss, where everything feels peaceful and nothing worries me and life is great. Miracle drug. Although, its extremely scary when I feel I need to take it, and I have to pace around and keep calm until it kicks in 45 minutes later."

internetdude (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was involved in an accident a few months ago that claimed the life of the person I was with and tried to rescue. Both of us had to be flown out; I made it, they didn't. I had prior, minor anxiety issues; but never had the need for medication or treatment. I was one of those people who thought anxiety/panic attacks were more of a mental/attention-seeking action. I was wrong. I now know what it's like to wake up at 1 am (sometimes reliving the scenario) and be in complete chest-pounding panic. I now know what it's like to have certain words or topics of discussion trigger major anxiety issues. I take this (1mg dose) med, as needed (post event, day or night), to help calm anxiety issues; currently 0-3 times per week (more a few months ago)."

LoneSurvivor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Helps my anxiety just generally puts me in a better mood - I can actually deal with life happily now"

willbur franks December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I suffer from GAD, panic attacks and digestive issues. I am grateful for being prescribed this medication. It has saved me from dozens of visits to the emergency room. Just 0.25mg once in the morning takes off the edge so that I can get on with my day. I tapered off my daily use after 1 year with not too much difficulty except for dizziness, headaches and some anxiety (over 6-8 weeks) Now I just take it twice a week as needed. Some of the side effects that I experience while on this medication is slight forgetfulness and eyes seem sensitive to bright lights. Key is using the lowest dose possible that works for you."

BXGuy December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Not quite strong enough for me by itself, but it helped me sleep easier during the roughest period of my life (losing my mother) when combined with xanax, ativan, Halcion, lamictal, and risperdal (though I did have problems with the risperdal - but I put that there)."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I had been on Zoloft for about a year or so which helped manage my anxiety, but didn't help when it came to a very stressful day or event that led to side effects like racing heart, labored breathing, sweating, stomach ulcers, etc. I needed something that I could take immediately to stave an anxiety attack off. My doctor prescribed Klonopin and I'm so grateful for it. For me, it doesn't make me tired, lethargic, or dull me down. I was afraid of a medication that would just sedate me. This drug takes the edge off and makes me feel good enough to continue with my day. I haven't had any side effects."

LauraHayden December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "Suppresses all stress on my nerves I sleep all night without any interruptions. If you have to wake up early in the morning, take it early night hours. I've been seizure free for 8 years since I've been taking clobazepam"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Lamictal has controlled my bipolar type 2 which manifests as depression & hypomania. I never have full blown mania. My GYN Dr prescribed hormone replacement treatment to treat my mood swings. It completely inactivated my Lamictal so it was as if I went off it cold turkey. It was the most horrible experience of my life! My HR increased to 130, my BP to 160/98, my thoughts raced & then I couldn't focus or make sense & made serious mistakes. I didn't sleep >15 hours in 5 days and no sleep the last 48 hrs. Klonopin saved me when 4 meds failed. Just don't ever drive!! I plan on using Uber!! Hope this helps someone! As w/all meds will need to adjust & figure out how to taper off. I have an amazing Pdoc though & I have strong faith. "

Anonymous December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Clonazepam for five years now. I take it for general anxiety disorder. This is a miracle drug. I don't care what the critics say about the idea that it's addictive or that you build up a tolerance or any of the other hundreds of negative things they say about this drug. All the negative effects they claim you'll experience haven't happened to me. And trust me, if anyone feels the side effects of drugs, it's me. All the cold and flu medications, antihistamine, etc. that say they are non drowsy (i.e. Clartin) knock me out completely. Sure, this drug is addictive, but so is your heart medication. If you go off it, you might get a heart attack. Listen to the doctors, not the Internet."

AnthonyJr December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This is the only thing that has ever worked for me and continues to work for me on a regular basis. As long as I take it according to the dose my doctor prescribed I have never had an issue with this drug not working the way it's supposed to. On that note, I wouldn't say that it's for everyone, and if you are going to use Kpins, be aware that this drug can be addicting and the withdrawals are next to unbearable. So use them with Therapy for the best results, not just a script from an M.D... best"

Bedtime 4 Benzo (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've taken so many different meds and this one is the only one that's ever worked for preventing panic attacks from anxiety. Which happen often because I have social anxiety and phobias. I never developed a dependency even after stopping it for a few years when I quit taking my mood stabilizer as well."

MeliRz December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had severe insomnia since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999. I will be awake all night without meds. Ambien was the worst as far as side effects--should be off the market. I now take 2 mg of Clonazepan and 10 mg of Doxepin. Still takes me hours to fall asleep, but at least I do. Best I've taken so far. Only side effect for me is that I don't feel low blood sugars until the 40's (I'm diabetic). So I check my BS often. Have not slept through a night since 1998. Hoping to increase dosage next doctor visit."

Desperate for sleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking clonazepam 5 mg to 10mg tablets as needed for anxiety and nerve pain for 4 years now, and also have ADD. As of lately I've noticed that about an hour after taking clonazepam I felt restless and tense, almost jittery and my muscles tightened up and I was wide awake so I basically got 2 hours of sleep at night. I would say that after long term use, even if it is as needed, clonazepam definitely causes affects of insomnia and muscle stiffness."

34 year old female (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016