User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 2 reviews 36 medications

Sleep Paralysis 3 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1177 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had a severe and chronic case of RLS for 40 years. Twice I've considered taking my life, when ill-informed doctors who did not understand combinations or rotations, or the destructive effects of the disease, refused to prescribe life-saving medication because of their biases and lack of training. One has to balance the risk with the benefits. I can no longer take Requip or Mirapex. That leaves opioids, Gabapentin, Rigotitone and benzodiazepines. No knowledgeable Dr will cold turkey a patient on a benzodiazepine or any other RLS drug for that matter. That creates suffering and, unfortunately, suicide in many cases. Anyone reading this please find a physician who knows how to diagnose and treat RLS. Support groups can help."

arancano (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "This is a great drug but you have to be disciplined with it. It's not a cure, only an aid. Writing this review in April 2017, I've been on it for a month shy of ten years. I started at 0.5 mg twice a day and that's the dose I'm still on. You have to resist the urge to increase the dose and instead work on yourself. There will be bad times...you just have to accept that and work to minimize them. And don't drink on clonazepam. It multiplies the effect of alcohol to an astounding degree and I find it to be extremely unpleasant. Giving up drinking even socially wasn't hard, though when I refuse drinks people assume I'm a recovering alcoholic. Even nursing a single bourbon and coke will get me pretty sloppy...it's just not worth it."

Angzietee (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "It works well. Benzos are very helpful if used appropriately. I take 1-2 mg twice a day and I have my life back. Everybody is different. I'm a male in my 20's with a family history of anxiety, and I prefer Klonopin over Xanax for sure. Dosage is relative to the specific individual and their symptoms. My pdoc was not willing to prescribe this long term or at the dosage I need. Thankfully my psychiatrist has a clue and has helped me enormously."

Bengals (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "My insomnia started as a teenager. I started out with lunesta. It had no effect. Next came the Ambien which caused me to sleep walk essentially. *one of the most dangerous drugs on the market*. I started contemplating why I couldn't sleep every night and it went along the lines of an anxious curiosity. Thinking to myself I wonder what the molecular structure of that plaster looks like. So I asked to try something more anxiety based and less sleep aid based. I have been taking it periodically when required for the past 10 years with breaks in between. 2 mg will knock me out hard but 1-1.5 mg is a pretty good dose to just relax me. I've never been very dependent, no withdrawals, and I have never built up a tolerance to it."

CiaraLin (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for anxiety...Particularly because of nighttime anxiety that prevents sleep and then triggers a migraine in the morning. I was on it for 3 months at 1mg nightly. I honestly didn't notice a reduction in anxiety or an increase in sleep. I came off after three months cold turkey after my script ran out. I've had horrible withdrawals from other drugs but not this one! But I have heard stories of it's addiction ruining lives!"

SugarBrookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam has relieved anxiety for me in extreme situations, after invasive cancer surgery this medication along with oxycodone made my recovery a lot more humane."

Lucia1999 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I tried 1 mg clonazepam, It did work for my insomnia, But I did look up the half life of it which is up to 30-40 hours. Plus the withdraw from it, So I weened myself off of it. Spoke to my doctor about what else is there and I was prescribed 150 mg trazodone. It works Great. If you look up the side effects it will say definitely not to be used for a sleep aid. it is safe to use in smaller milligrams like I use. 150 mg."

CodyBlue March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I used to have panic attacks every time we went out to eat, I couldn't sit in the movies without a panic attack, I couldn't travel without anxiety and eventually a panic attack. I was always in a state of panic. I went to the urgent care with heart palps, and was given a script for clonazepam .05mg and I take it once at night. I finally sleep through the night, I don't wake up groggy, and it lasts throughout the next day because I can do the things I Never was able to do before. I use it with caution because I don't want to become dependent but at the same time, I wasn't really functioning very well before. I am thankful for it!"

Lee369 March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I give this medicine a 10 only because it does its job...but it did cause me to get a criminal case against me for "driving under the influence of a scheduled drug" in which I will have to appear in court for. All because the cop (without any doctor experience or medical school education) thought the blood levels were "high". I hadn't taken a pill since 13 hours beforehand!....and I NEVER abused the klonopin due to its strong properties. This does make some people I know very mean who are generally very sweet when they take it. But, I have taken xanax, valium, and klonopin and the klonopin has worked in my opinion-the best for longterm panic and anxiety issues. can be used for bipolar disorder so that's a plus."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My anxiety begun when I was 11 years old. I was in denial for 5 years that I needed a pcychiatrist. I can't get over it anymore so I stopped my study. I had headaches and depressed of all the results given to me. Everything was a nightmare. I've been checked by many doctors but they said that my system is normal. So they decided to put me in a psychiatrist. They give me some med but it didn't help me that much. I went to other doctor this time gave me this wonderful med rivotril. It gives me full control of my emotions and my anxiety completely gone. Now i can function very well. Thanks rivotril."

dream bigger (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Saved my freakin life!!! Junior year of high school, was dealing with severe hypochiondria + generalized anxiety- couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost 30lbs in two months and missed 2-3 days of school per week. My doctor prescribed celexa first which did nothing but make me dissociate for two days straight. He decided we should try clonazepam next just to get my acute episodes of anxiety under control and OMG, what a difference!!! I literally cried from relief after taking my first dose, because it made me feel completely normal again. My only side effect is the occasional headache a day after taking it. I now only take it as needed once or twice a week and it still works wonders. Also works great for migraines."

borluz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Hi, sorry for any writing problems in advance, I write spanish mainly, but I want to share my experience. I have been using Klonopin, 0.5 mg usually two times a day, for about 3 or more years. But recently I'm feeling kind of pressure in the chest, not pain, It's more like a crying desire feeling. I didn't know the reason, I have fibromyalgia and I am on Pristine 50 mg, Neurontin and Skelaxin, and other medications. About 2 hours ago I felt an anxiety episode and I decide to take one Klonopin pill, and after 30 minutes the crying feeling just started. Now I am wondering if that is the reason. I have not take any other medication today, except acetaminophen early in the morning. Maybe this info is useful to other users. I wish health to every one."

Purple Angel (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have very bad anxiety attacks that occur at random. I take one in the morning and one at night and its helps he immensely I believe its a life saver it brings tears to my eyes. It relieved the torture of daily anxiety attacks which caused me great depression."

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been using 2 mg of clonazepam at night for over 3 year with 60 mg of fluoxetine in the morning. I have found I feel much better than the regimen of seroquel, clonazepam, wellbutrin, fluoxetine and atarax I was previously on. I find the clonazepam works better than tegretol, valproic acid or lithium for me. Clonazepam has anti-seizure properties as well as anxiolytic properties that work well for me along with with the mood lift Prozac gives. I recommend it if you have Bipolar Disorder."

Kirk01 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Good night sleep"

Minkys March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have experienced anxiety, depression, and stress throughout all my life but have been able to control it. I started experiencing anxiety at a higher level in high school and job with some low level panic attacks. I still did my best to control them with exercise and relaxation. In college my panic attack got so out of control I couldn't take my classes. My mom took me too the psychiatrist after seeing me not sleep. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Prescribed at first Zoloft and klonopin. I hated taking these pills because they made me feel so dizzy. Took me a year to slowly get a little better. I noticed when I stopped taking them I would get ill. Now it's been 10 years of treatment and I can live a normal life."

Hope35 February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had migraines since I was twelve Especially on cloudy rainy days. Imetrex works but makes me so tired. Today I woke with a terrible migraine I got up took a Clonazepam 1mg and it went away I feel great ."

Vicki Lorene February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention: "Been taking clonazepam for more than 20 years for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Have always taken 2.5mg /day. Haven't had any seizures since I started taking it. Sometimes I worry about long term effects of taking benzodiazepines but don't want to risk recurrence after all this time."

Elenor Rigby (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "As a Mental health therapist with anxiety I tried this to test it out having my doubts. This drug works very well for someone with ADHD, OCD and anxiety. Keep an eye on the dependency factor, overuse will cause addiction and health issues."

Butter buns 8 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam best medicine for anxiety and panic disorder parson. I was used last 7 years. It is good one for relaxation. Thx to god"

VickyT007 February 13, 2017