User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

"Although, it hasn't cured my panic attacks, or anxiety, Clonazapam has been a miracle drug for me. Making my life at least livable."

LuckyLar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It works on panic at fairly low doses. I’ve tried most of the benzodiazepines and found clonazepam works best for me. Xanax and Ativan work faster, Valium and Tranxene work longer, but in terms of warding off panic with minimal problems, while maintaining a minimal dose Klonopin has been my favorite."

MajorMojo (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

"Okay after reading some of the reviews it is clear not everyone here knows that there are 2 forms of clonazepam... There is a fast acting melt that takes 1-2 minutes to kick in but has high risk of addiction... There is the pill form that takes 1-2 hours to work and lasts 6-12 hours... I was started on .25 melts and at first I only needed 1-3 per month... As time went on I needed more and more... At this point I was switched to .5 in the pill form... I won't lie and say that there aren't days I could still use the melt form but overall my anxiety level has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped on the .5 daily so I'm grateful to have it as an option for the last 3 years."

MomOf42011 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

"Ever since an incident in my younger years I have been pretty much afraid of going out into large crowds or being around a lot of people, no matter the place or who they were. I would constantly get short of breath and feel like I was having a heart attack because my heart would pound so hard in my chest. It happened so often I knew what it was and even try to stop it and calm myself down before it got too bad, which rarely worked. Long story short and after years of dealing with this issue I switched my PCP and was given Clonazepam to try. It actually worked right away after getting my dose fixed to 1 mg as needed and I've hardly had an issue since."

Stephen(79) (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medication has completely destroyed my life. If you have anxiety find another way to deal with it. It's not worth it trust me."

nobenzos (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

"I’ve taken Clonazepam on and off for about ten years. I had to stop taking it when I started suboxone, and my panic attacks came back. Being off it is the worst feeling I can imagine. It made me realize how much it helps with anxiety and panic. Luckily, I’m back on it now at 0.5mg three times a day. It’s truly a lifesaver. I’d highly recommend it to anyone struggling with panic attacks."

Jdschmid1189 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2017

"MAGIC MED!!! It has done wonders for my anxiety, panic, and constant worrying. It actually makes me concentrate better at the task at hand. I was able to study and get my GED after dropping out of high school many years ago. I got my confidence back and regained my positive thoughts. I also take Sertraline 100mg. But Clonazepam is my go to for panicky situations. I've been taking it on and off for years... It actually is better then Xanax because it lasts longer throughout the day and is not as sedating for me. I'd say its the safer of the Benzos."

kevykooks (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 23, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017

"there ok only on 0.5, taste good at least"

mmm54321087 November 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take this for Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Inhibition, Lack of Motivation. SSRI's don't work well for me. Klonopin (also valium/xanax}) has been the only drug to help me to any degree. I take very little, but it has saved me from severe anxiety, and then I realized that it actually improves my depression, not 100%, but enough that it is significant, while SSRIs do not. It also calms me down so I can think better. I also recently tried l- methylfolate, and it REALLY helped me but caused a problem. If I take more than a normal dose of Klonopin, it could make me sleepy, but other than that, no side affects. And I have the option to not take it if I don't need it. I hope l-methyl folate will be even better once I figure out how to use it without a bad reaction. Don't take Klonopin if you get addicted to drugs"

TBAgs November 18, 2017

"I will tell you right now that this is not for panic disorder. The time it takes to kick in is excruciating - one and a half hours. It only makes anxiety more upfront. If you have panic you need Xanax! This medicine brought back anxiety like I haven’t had in years, chest pain, fear, fear, racing heart. Ridiculous. My Dr said no to my Xanax only having been prescribed 15 in 3 years and only taking for extreme events. Now my life has turned upside down thanks to this worthless medicine. If you truly have panic and can wait 2 hrs for relief I admire you. I’m a 41 yr old construction worker and like to think I’m pretty strong, until panic sets and I want to tear off my own skin."

Ramey bh November 5, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have multiples issues: trigeminal nerve pain in my face/head, and panic attacks closely related to this horrible condition that have led to a lot of very unfortunate circumstances. I have been on it before (20 years ago). I avoided since it because it's a benzo, but if I don't get treated successfully, I believe, as does my therapist, my prognosis is poor. I encourage all to try all other pathways; only if they fail should you consider klonopin. Unrelenting anxiety and panic attacks are not acceptable in my circumstances."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My wife who I dearly love recently left me (splitting up my family) at a time while my business is also failing and I'm suddenly in a position where I'm afraid I won't be able to make it financially. The depression and grief led to anxiety and eventually panic. Completely unable to function. Minutes seemed like hours. A struggle to get through each day. Only to like awake all night. At one point got a total of 4 hours of sleep over 5 days. A total wreck about to be institutionalized. Reached crisis mode and was given Klonopin - 1.5 mg/day spread over 3 doses. Anxiety/panic diminished greatly and allowed me to finally SLEEP. Progressively improving. A true life saver. Not worried about tapering later."

Klonager (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

"Brings me back from panic attacks, only thing that calms me down."

Panic069 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2017

"I am thankful for this medication clonazepam, because I had chronic episodes of panic attack,: feeling that I was loosing my mind, full of terror like when you are falling from an airplane, my hands sweating, a feeling that nobody could help me, always calling the ambulance because I felt like I was going to die. But one night I went to the mental health emergency room because I couldn't deal with this illness anymore and this physician prescribe me Clonazepam since 2007 and the panic attacks stopped finally , it's 2017 and still using them!"

Greatful to God (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have bi polar disorder and this calms my mania and relaxes me. It reminds me as well to just say calm :)"

nicknames October 2, 2017

"I am Bi-Polar, with Panic Disorder, PTSD and Anxiety Disorder. In my 30's during the 90's I was given every a-typical anti-psycotic by psychiatrists.( free samples of by the pharmacy reps coming into the office.) The reactions to these medications were severe. I went to the ER numerous times with TD, lock jaw and mostly Severe Akethesia- restless pacing, inability to sit down, panic attacks. I could not eat, or sleep, a sense of impending doom, and lost weight. I was a guinea pig for over 10 years. Finally an educated psychiatrist gave me Klonopin and all panic attacks stopped. I have never taken more prescribed. I am 50 now and live a normal happy life with a grandson and no more ER's thanks to Klonopin."

scheherazadea (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed as early as nine with GAD as the years passed it got so bad that I was put on disability at the age of 27 for a year. I had lost many jobs and relationships. I became an agoraphobic and this lasted almost 2 years. I have been seeing an amazing Dr. and he recommended Klonopin since it was longer acting. I told him I would think about it as I had been taking ativan for years and assumed it was working (while I was still trapped inside my house, panic would subside a bit in my safety zone with the ativan.) Anyways, after many sessions with my Dr and trying many medications I was diagosed with GAD, Panic Disorder with Agoriphobia. I had never even heard the term panic disorder but it fit me to a T. Nothing has worked better for me"

Gwen88 September 26, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Also OCD/GAD/Tourettes. I am an addict. I was a Heroin user and have been abstained for nearly 10yrs. When I went to Federal Prison they took me off a combination that a very accredited Mental Health Team put in place. When I arrived I was stable. They DC'd all meds cold turkey esp 60mg paxil and Klonopin. Months later I attempted Suicide on 3 different attempts. Swallowing 200 Tylenol, Cutting a main vein, and hanging myself which were no cry's for help. I had lost the will to live. They put me on 600 pills/ mo instead of the right drug. I developed Seizures, something I never had. After years of reaching out I accomplished the anomaly, I was put back on. I send this from the ICU with Diverticulitis which is a direct result of Anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2017

"This medicine saved my life. I lost all my family between 18-21 years old other than one brother. I'm about to be 34 and needless to say, it has saved me from waking up daily, soaked in sweat, panicking and depression. Those doctors that won't prescribe it and my opioids to me and now I am going through cold turkey right. They don't realize how bad this impacts a person's life. I'm probably gonna lose my job because of opioid withdrawal for two weeks. Ten years use of oxycodone prn 4 a day ten mg from a drunk driver hitting me. I'm lucky to have my foot. Fifteen pieces of hardware later, I'm still here. Clonazepam and all drugs need to be legalized. These new laws the government makes up. "We The People" are supposed to be in control this has really mucked up my life and other's lives. "

IrishMike84 (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I also have been on and off Klonopin and Xanax. I love the way xanax kicks in quick. And you can actually feel your trouble melt away and your anxiety. When it comes to what I now prefer is the klonopin, it last longer it has a long half life and it not as additive as the xanax. I became very tolerant to xanax and it became a problem because I had to take more because it wears off so fast. Klonopin doesn't do that so it really helps people that suffer with panic anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My anxiety began with my colon becoming so tightened up and spastic that I was bent over worse than kidney stones which I've had bad also. After 1 week in a Hospital with every GI test, found that my emotions hit dead square in my stomach. Well, doctor gave me 1mg of klonopin, and it would within 30 minutes give full relief and no horrible pains!!! Also at the same time spent another week with a full nervous breakdown and have Generalized Anxiety Disorder very full blown. I take about 3 or 4mg at most a day since 2010, and can work fully and function wonderfully without all the crazy OCD, panic, freaking out. It stays in my system most the day so don't have to pop another over and over like I did xanax... This is a lifesaver!!!"

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): ""I serverd in the United States military and was diagnosed with a horrible panic disorder. I left 70% disability due to severe Anxiety and a crippling panic disorder with Agoraphobia . I have been on everything there is including all the REAL serious meds in my 4 psychiatric visits at the VA. Nothing worked absolutely nothing besides benzodiazepines. Klonopin in my opinion works the best out of the benzo family. Has a very long half life and will come on slower but last way longer than others like xanax or Ativan witch hit you FAST but leave fast leaving you with wanting another dose quicker witch in my opinion sucks. In conclusion Klonopin saved my life I have been on it 5 years at .5mg 3 times a day""

Collin11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2017

"Was prescribed klonopin after SSRI and antipsychotic didn't help my severe anxiety condition klonopin is the answer for me. Can't believe how it helps me in life. Also helps with my insomnia to sleep. Thankful for klonopin!."

Aman1793 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been diagnosed with bipolar and severe anxiety. I saw a new psychiatrist two years who prescribed Klonopin. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking 3mg daily. But I also take Seroquel for troubles sleeping. Together, the psychiatrist and I decided to decrease the Klonopin to 2 mg. Well the anxiety is back after 2 years. And I'm real upset. Going to see my PCP on Tuesday and calling my psych doc as well."

Debbie conti55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017