User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "I have Metastatic adrenal cancer and this Calms me a great deal I take 1 mg three times a day and it's enough to keep me calm and not worry about death and leaving my husband and 3 kids and I'm soon to be grandma."

Tagteam1 July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given Klonopin as a sleep med 8 years ago when I was diagonosed with severe anxiety/depression. Finally, I was correctly diagnosed as Bi-polar. At the beginning of the year I spent 3 weeks in an outpatient program after a particularly ugly manic episode. The Dr. at the hospital as well as my new Dr. agreed that I need to be taken off my SSRI because of it causes mania. I was apprehensive because the Zoloft kept the panic away. So they upped the dosage of the Klonopin. It's been 7 months and I take anywhere between .75 and 2 mg a day. Usually it's 1mg. I can't believe the change it's made!"

anxiousbipolar (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For 19 years I've had panic attacks and I've been hell and back until I discovered clonazepam ! Amazing! I don't care about this being addictive its a gold star to me and thousands of others....everyday I wished myself to curl up and die to stop the fear and dread...that wasn't living I was stuck in hell and became agrophobic...I panicked over every small matter...I thought I had gone mad....until I discovered someone on a site like this saying how good it is so I asked my doctor who hadn't even heard of it???..but I demanded to try this med as I was so tired of being scared constantly.... Hated myself cause I couldn't even be a proper family as I just lived in fear ...I started on 0.5 and got to my right dose of 2 mg!!!!! It was a miracle!"

Englishrose46 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Literally the best medication I've ever taken for my panic/anxiety disorder! I used to get panic attacks over the smallest things and it took over my life, not an exaggeration either. I started taking this 4 years ago and have been on it ever since. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 years. This medicine has literally changed my life."

MerMer6 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started having panic attacks 30 years ago. I didn't know what was happening to me. Up at night couldn't sleep and everyone else sleep. I would have a feeling of detachment from myself when driving and hyperventilate. I found out I was having panic attacks and had agoraphobia, social anxiety. I was afraid to drive across bridges and pass cars. I was prescribed clonazapam wafers 0.25 and Zoloft 25 mg to start then 50 mg of Zoloft. Clonazapam really helps my anxiety and driving. I had anxiety at night afraid to go to sleep, it has helped me. People say it's addicting, well it helps me so I will continue to use it...I was tired of having anxiety all my life since the 1980's..this is 2017, too long suffering with this disorder."

f2vick55 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 9/11 victim. After a year in the hospital I never took a drug. I never even had drugs before this nor would I take Tylenol. I didn't drink until my mid 20s. I was 19-almost buried in rubble. I hid my Anxiety by cancelling or drinking. I was too afraid to take pills as crazy as it sounds bc I didn't want to not be in control. 10 years later I couldn't go into a meeting, then step into work, then the train, then my house. Panic attacks are debilitating and I knew that my life would end. I was given a choice- to take this med or looney bin. It stopped it head on. Take Lexapro same time daily and 3 months was off of clonazepam. Kept on Lexapro. If you need another med to take daily and use this 1 when needed. U will be super drowsy so take it at night"

Ifb (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very helpful for anxiety if taken at proper dosage. I take 4 mg a day (2 mg twice a day) and it's been excellent! Find a doctor who understands how anxiety actually works and isn't anti benzos. If taken responsibly, Benzos, like Klonopin, can be life changing!"

JV CIN May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Very very effective drug. Better than diazepam, better than lorazepam. Long half life. This medication helped me stop drinking completely to mask my anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and sometimes can't go in stores. With clonazepam, when used responsibility, is my wonder drug. Been on 3 mg a day for 25 years. My doctor shuns on weaning me off, as this drug gave me my life back. It has helped me mend my relationships, I can go outside, and I don't feel like anyone's judging me. I take clonazepam with 40 mg propranolol a day and Seroquel at night. Who would have thought that I prescribed myself and my doctor agreed. Who ever made this benzo needs an award. Stay sober, don't do illicit drugs, take meds as instructed and again, don't drink! Thanks!"

Jamesdat123 May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I did not know what was happening to me when I had my first Panic Attack when I graduated from College. There was not even a name for it. My internal medicine Dr. did not know what was going on either. I was sent to a specialist. He saw that I was sweating in his cold office, he asked me if I did this all the time? I said yes. So he wrote me a prescription for Xanax which came out in 81 as an anti-depressant. There was no word on addiction so I took them "as Directed" no more I was a good patient. So after 33 years I decided I wanted to get off this medication. My Quack Dr. told me 4 days. I did a lot more research and found out the truth it takes a lot longer. Ask your Dr. how you get off it."

over 30 years wasted (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken this medicine for at least 15 years now. I started having panic attacks in my 20s and found out I had mitral valve prolapse, which can cause a person to be more likely to have panic attacks. For years I took 0.5 mg at bedtime, now take 0.75 mg. In addition to 25 mg. Lexapro once in the evening. Haven't had a panic attack in years. This is a great drug, but it is hard for me to get up in the morning sometimes. I'll take that over panic attacks any day, though."

Coolcarl (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017