User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

"This medicine saved my life. I lost all my family between 18-21 years old other than one brother. I'm about to be 34 and needless to say, it has saved me from waking up daily, soaked in sweat, panicking and depression. Those doctors that won't prescribe it and my opioids to me and now I am going through cold turkey right. They don't realize how bad this impacts a person's life. I'm probably gonna lose my job because of opioid withdrawal for two weeks. Ten years use of oxycodone prn 4 a day ten mg from a drunk driver hitting me. I'm lucky to have my foot. Fifteen pieces of hardware later, I'm still here. Clonazepam and all drugs need to be legalized. These new laws the government makes up. "We The People" are supposed to be in control this has really mucked up my life and other's lives. "

IrishMike84 (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I also have been on and off Klonopin and Xanax. I love the way xanax kicks in quick. And you can actually feel your trouble melt away and your anxiety. When it comes to what I now prefer is the klonopin, it last longer it has a long half life and it not as additive as the xanax. I became very tolerant to xanax and it became a problem because I had to take more because it wears off so fast. Klonopin doesn't do that so it really helps people that suffer with panic anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My anxiety began with my colon becoming so tightened up and spastic that I was bent over worse than kidney stones which I've had bad also. After 1 week in a Hospital with every GI test, found that my emotions hit dead square in my stomach. Well, doctor gave me 1mg of klonopin, and it would within 30 minutes give full relief and no horrible pains!!! Also at the same time spent another week with a full nervous breakdown and have Generalized Anxiety Disorder very full blown. I take about 3 or 4mg at most a day since 2010, and can work fully and function wonderfully without all the crazy OCD, panic, freaking out. It stays in my system most the day so don't have to pop another over and over like I did xanax... This is a lifesaver!!!"

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): ""I serverd in the United States military and was diagnosed with a horrible panic disorder. I left 70% disability due to severe Anxiety and a crippling panic disorder with Agoraphobia . I have been on everything there is including all the REAL serious meds in my 4 psychiatric visits at the VA. Nothing worked absolutely nothing besides benzodiazepines. Klonopin in my opinion works the best out of the benzo family. Has a very long half life and will come on slower but last way longer than others like xanax or Ativan witch hit you FAST but leave fast leaving you with wanting another dose quicker witch in my opinion sucks. In conclusion Klonopin saved my life I have been on it 5 years at .5mg 3 times a day""

Collin11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was prescribed klonopin after SSRI and antipsychotic didn't help my severe anxiety condition klonopin is the answer for me. Can't believe how it helps me in life. Also helps with my insomnia to sleep. Thankful for klonopin!."

Aman1793 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been diagnosed with bipolar and severe anxiety. I saw a new psychiatrist two years who prescribed Klonopin. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking 3mg daily. But I also take Seroquel for troubles sleeping. Together, the psychiatrist and I decided to decrease the Klonopin to 2 mg. Well the anxiety is back after 2 years. And I'm real upset. Going to see my PCP on Tuesday and calling my psych doc as well."

Debbie conti55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Although this drug can help with panic attacks/anxiety, it is extremely dangerous and is for SHORT TIME USE ONLY. I have recently stopped taking it ( I took it 5 yrs) and have gone through the worst withdrawal, both mentally and physically. Using it long term can lead to dependence and even addiction. It also prevents you from truly living your life because you just go through the motions in a daze and do not learn valuable anxiety/depression coping skills. The moment you are without it, your world comes crashing down. I had severe physical pain (vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sleeplessness, headache) and suicidal thoughts. Use it ONLY when necessary and for a short time. Please be careful and learn about your medications before you start them."

SES1216 August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi everyone. I'm 22 years old and I've been on Clonazepam 1mg, twice daily, for 3 years. I see so many negative comments about this drug, so I will tell you my story. Clonazepam is the reason I have a chance to live my life today. Panic attacks ruined my life for years, and eventually in the last 2 years of (2012-2014) I became housebound as they were so severe. I had to drop out of high school as a junior. Clonazepam gave me my life back. I am so thankful for this drug, it was miraculous. It is okay to be be on it daily, just be aware of dependency. EVERY psychiatric drug causes dependency. Clonazepam, and benzos in general are demonized. These are life saving drugs for anyone who has to live w/ panic. If you need to take this daily, do it"

Panic Free (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug is saving my life right now. Its a shame the people who abuse it ruin it for those of us who get relief from debilitating issues from it, because many doctors just don't want to prescribe it now. I say what's the point of having a drug if you can't use it to help people who need it."

Shatswan August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on klonopin for 17 years. I started with .50mg in the am with an SSRI. Over the years all the SSRI would work for a bit then I would have to change. The last year I lost my husband suddenly at 38 and have changed 4 of them and finally said no more.. I am currently on 10mg of lexapro and 1.50mg of klonopin. The withdrawal of lexapro and before that Effexor have been hell and back. If not for klonopin I wouldn't make it through the day. Addictive or not it works."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "I have Metastatic adrenal cancer and this Calms me a great deal I take 1 mg three times a day and it's enough to keep me calm and not worry about death and leaving my husband and 3 kids and I'm soon to be grandma."

Tagteam1 July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given Klonopin as a sleep med 8 years ago when I was diagonosed with severe anxiety/depression. Finally, I was correctly diagnosed as Bi-polar. At the beginning of the year I spent 3 weeks in an outpatient program after a particularly ugly manic episode. The Dr. at the hospital as well as my new Dr. agreed that I need to be taken off my SSRI because of it causes mania. I was apprehensive because the Zoloft kept the panic away. So they upped the dosage of the Klonopin. It's been 7 months and I take anywhere between .75 and 2 mg a day. Usually it's 1mg. I can't believe the change it's made!"

anxiousbipolar (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For 19 years I've had panic attacks and I've been hell and back until I discovered clonazepam ! Amazing! I don't care about this being addictive its a gold star to me and thousands of others....everyday I wished myself to curl up and die to stop the fear and dread...that wasn't living I was stuck in hell and became agrophobic...I panicked over every small matter...I thought I had gone mad....until I discovered someone on a site like this saying how good it is so I asked my doctor who hadn't even heard of it???..but I demanded to try this med as I was so tired of being scared constantly.... Hated myself cause I couldn't even be a proper family as I just lived in fear ...I started on 0.5 and got to my right dose of 2 mg!!!!! It was a miracle!"

Englishrose46 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Literally the best medication I've ever taken for my panic/anxiety disorder! I used to get panic attacks over the smallest things and it took over my life, not an exaggeration either. I started taking this 4 years ago and have been on it ever since. Haven't had a panic attack in 4 years. This medicine has literally changed my life."

MerMer6 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started having panic attacks 30 years ago. I didn't know what was happening to me. Up at night couldn't sleep and everyone else sleep. I would have a feeling of detachment from myself when driving and hyperventilate. I found out I was having panic attacks and had agoraphobia, social anxiety. I was afraid to drive across bridges and pass cars. I was prescribed clonazapam wafers 0.25 and Zoloft 25 mg to start then 50 mg of Zoloft. Clonazapam really helps my anxiety and driving. I had anxiety at night afraid to go to sleep, it has helped me. People say it's addicting, well it helps me so I will continue to use it...I was tired of having anxiety all my life since the 1980's..this is 2017, too long suffering with this disorder."

f2vick55 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 9/11 victim. After a year in the hospital I never took a drug. I never even had drugs before this nor would I take Tylenol. I didn't drink until my mid 20s. I was 19-almost buried in rubble. I hid my Anxiety by cancelling or drinking. I was too afraid to take pills as crazy as it sounds bc I didn't want to not be in control. 10 years later I couldn't go into a meeting, then step into work, then the train, then my house. Panic attacks are debilitating and I knew that my life would end. I was given a choice- to take this med or looney bin. It stopped it head on. Take Lexapro same time daily and 3 months was off of clonazepam. Kept on Lexapro. If you need another med to take daily and use this 1 when needed. U will be super drowsy so take it at night"

Ifb (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017