User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 406 ratings for the treatment of Panic Disorder. 83% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam

Soldier August 26, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Having been through two combat tours in the Army, psychologically I was not in great shape every vet is different, for me I was basically crippled by GAD and sometimes over 15 panic attacks a day, one rolling over into another. SSRIs (and I tried them all) helped but not enough to get me on an even keel so as to function in the world. I was 24 when my psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. 9 years later I have a wonderful wife, a beautiful son, and a career that brings me great pride. NONE of this would have been possible without the help I received from taking Klonopin. There’s a lot of bias against benzos and it is very true that they can be abused. But for people that truly need them, it’s a disservice to this potential life saver. It helped me take my life back. I’m grateful to have Klonopin in my tool box even to this day. Seize the day people, go out there and get busy living. If Klonopin or another benzo can help, then just do it. Life is too short.”

Chris June 11, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Just because your particular biochemistry had a bad reaction, does not mean a certain drug is bad for everyone. Benzos get a bad rep because of their dependency nature. I will tell you that I have suffered with anxiety, OCD for many years. I have tried other medicines. They have bad side effects. I have tried natural alternatives, although they do work a little bit - it's only a little bit. The upside is they rarely have any side effects. So if you can have a natural supplement work for you, go that route. However I will say that I am someone that does not like to take pharm medicine and if I have the need for Klonopin, I only try to take it every few days or so. But I will tell you, when I do take it, it's absolutely the only thing that has worked. It does not make me feel weird, groggy or zombie-like. It makes me feel back to my normal, natural me, calm content and just overall good! People that advocate against Klonopin are doing a disservice to people that the drug is helpful for.”

Chris September 5, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I work in Health care and obviously the last six months have been very stressful with COVID. I've had crazy body symptoms and crazy thoughts running through my mind. Klonopin has been a huge help in allowing me to work and remain centered and calm. In fact, I'm probably wondering if I should have been on this medicine for the last 30 years. Give it time and the fatigue will go away and the clear, calm mind will come. That's how it worked for me.”

AT October 14, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I am a nurse and was so anti- psych based medication until COVID hit. I lost my job due to not being able to work an odd shift. I started having panic, anxiety, and paranoia. I have a huge phobia with medication that it will cause every side effect. I finally was brave enough to try 0.25 mg . This medication has changed my life for the good thus far. At one point I could not drive/ function due to panic and this has made things much easier.”

Yogi19 · Taken for 10 years or more June 9, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Ok here goes Klonopin is by far the best drug for anxiety period for me. Everyone is different of course and I have never felt the need to take more then necessary in fact I always try and take less. SSRIs did nothing for me in fact they made me more anxious. Any drug if taken too much or abused can cause you serious issues, also keep who your reviewers are me included, most people who have a bad experience will review, good experiences don't even think about doing a review. I think the ratings would be closer to 9.5 if everyone took the time to write a review that was a positive one. As we all know people are more likely to comment when they have negative outcomes and that’s understandable. People who take this medication also tend to have anxiety, panic, GAD like myself and can be very in touch with every perceived symptom within their body. In my opinion way more then the average Joe walking down the street. In other words take these reviews for what they are worth. A single persons opinion and often a person that is suffering to find anything that will make them feel better.”

Ddr · Taken for 10 years or more January 1, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Had panic disorders all through high school and did nothing about it til 4th year of college. I've been on 1mg of Klonopin for 24 years and my dose base never increased or decreased. It truly changed my life for the good. Thank you for letting me share.”

Caretruuu February 4, 2021

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I was diagnosed with panic disorder in June and went through a rough period where I developed agoraphobia and thought I was losing my mind. I’ve dealt with depression and anxiety and had tried 7 antidepressants before developing panic disorder. While having panic disorder, I’ve tried four and the only medication that has not had side effects such as increased anxiety and severe stomach issues is Klonopin. Klonopin saved my life and allowed me to get back to being myself. I can now drive, hang out with friends, leave the house, work effectively and I haven’t noticed any side effects besides being a bit tired and occasional hot flashes (which I had already with PD.) It’s been five months now that I’ve been on 1mg and I haven’t had to increase the dose. I beat myself up because I don’t enjoy the stigma that goes along with benzos and am scared to be on this for years to come but after reading some of these reviews, I feel a lot better about having to take it long term.”

India · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I just started Klonopin after the doc prescribed it a long time ago. I was scared to take it because of every thing I read. I get terrible anxiety attacks I suffer PTSD and social phobia and depression. 3 days ago I drank my first dose and I am ready to go back to school and start my life again. I thank whoever made this medication and I thank God that gave me the courage to finally take it. It sucks not to feel like you can do anything in life. Now I feel like I can actually pursue my dreams.”

vladimeow July 14, 2021

Klonopin (clonazepam): “For years I've had obsessive worry and intrusive thoughts accompanied by recurrent and terrifying panic attacks and periods of dissociation. No medications ever worked for me. None of the SSRIs they gave me, none of the SNRIs they tried. Xanax didn't work for me, no matter how much I would take. Nothing would pull me from this dark and terrifying place. I could not have trains of thought, nothing could distract me. I felt as if I was watching my life go by from far away, looking through a foggy window. But after taking 0.25 MG of klonopin once, one single time, I was able to think again. I had trains of thought, I could forget the worry, I didn't panic. I can talk to people, I can travel, I can THINK AGAIN!! I don't have to take it everyday, either. It felt like a factory reset. Like I know there's hope now. I feel like my anxiety has no power over me anymore, but rather, for the first time, I have power of it. Klonopin saved my life.”

Jax103 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Over the years I have tried all the SNRIs, SSRI and tricycyclic antidepressants. First used as a muscle relaxer due to severe arthritis. The serotonin re uptake inhibitors caused worsening conditions and were ineffective. I have been hospitalized for Serotonin Syndrome. The last time was 3/24/2019 when I was given amytriptyine while on Fentanyl transdermal patches. I almost died from the reaction and was given Kolonipin and Ativan. Kolonipin has saved my life. I no longer have run away anxiety from worrying about my spinal stenosis. No more insomnia laying awake I suffered daily, all day long and even when trying to sleep before this medicine came into my life. I traded in my Valium for this medication. Very good drug.”

Tonka June 28, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I have lived with severe panic disorder since I was 17 years old and I am now 49. I could not drive could not wait in line in a store I could not go to family functions. I was always going to hospital. Klonopin saved my life I travel I enjoy my family I drive I take 1 mg a day I still have panic attack’s but I deal with it this medication gave me my life back”

L1A2N3 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I’ve been on Klonopin for 5 years now. It gave me my life back. I only take 0.25mg nightly and have never had to increase my dose. 95% of the time I can sleep a full night. Previously, I had been on trazodone, buspar, lunesta, celexa. Those either had side effects or were only effective for a couple of months. I was concerned about the addiction/withdrawal aspect of klonopin but I haven’t had any problems at all with it. My insomnia made me have suicidal thoughts, so klonopin has been a lifesaver. Being able to sleep is priceless.”

Christian · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 24, 2021

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I've been on Klonopin for 9 years. And contrary to what critics say, I haven't needed to increase my dose in 9 years. I'm pretty sure Klonopin saved my life. It definitely has helped me to continue working as a health care worker. I know many physicians who take it and swear by it and that has always increased my confidence in using it long term. I hope to one day not need it but why would I worry about using a medicine that makes me a better husband, father, neighbor and dentist? Of all the benzos, its the only one I would take. I take .5mg in the morning and .5 to 1.0 mg at night. The drowsy effect wears off in weeks and I actually get a little surge of energy from it because I'm relaxed and mental outlook becomes more optimistic. This medicine has been a Godsend for me.”

Respectful-li October 25, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I almost thought my life was over before Klonopin. I had treatment resistant depression and the cause came from panic attacks. I went manic for almost a month. No medicine helped and It was a long road to health Klonopin was not a miracle drug, but it kept me from hanging myself. And eventually through the love and healing power of God,I smile now. I can walk without shaking and a racing mind. I don't pass out because of anxiety attacks I enjoy company and life again. Thank you and just know you guys who suffer with whatever and take any kind of medication are Loved!!!!!! Life is more than pain. Take the pill. ”

cwburke October 1, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works.”

Sassy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 30, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I couldn’t sleep and was having panic attacks quite often. I was prescribed Klonopin to help with these conditions. It’s worked for 3 1/2 years and it’s better than Xanax with the panic attacks. I don’t feel anxious, my panic attacks are under control and taking klonopin, I feel normal. I felt different when I took Xanax klonopin is a lifesaver. I sleep well and rarely have a panic attack. I am grateful to my family doctor because I feel like a normal person again.”

Jay · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2021

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Klonopin is great for panic, sleep problems & anxiety. Also the worst thing to happen to me since trying to come off of it. I was never suicidal in my life, now I entertain the idea nearly everyday because of what it does to you once you stop taking it. It’s an absolute nightmare - something I wouldn’t wish on anyone, ever.”

Dru2011 · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2021

Klonopin (clonazepam): “This is the best medicine for anxiety by far. My psychiatrist put me on this drug yesterday and thirty minutes after taking it I was so calm, I was shocked. I have tried everything that was not in the benzodiazepine family and nothing worked. My Doctor suggested I go on and I am thrilled. I haven't felt this good in a long time (calm). I am on .5 x 2 a day I am happy and it feels so good. I suffer from PTSD, anxiety and depression. I also take Latuda 40mg for now. I will let you know if anything changes.”

Mateo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I am 52 and was a nightly drinker to help with my anxiety for many years. Six months ago I decided to quit all alcohol. During that time I was also on a huge dose of lunesta each night. About 30 days after I stopped drinking I began having severe and ceaseless panic attacks. I thought I was going to die! I had no idea what the heck was happening. I couldn’t function at home or work. My doctor put me on Paxil which helped but not enough. So he added Clonazepam which has been amazing. I take 1 mg at night and sleep like a baby. I can take .5 mg as needed but try not to. When I don’t I have anxiety. I am reading these reviews which are extremely helpful to ascertain if this medication can be used for the rest of my life effectively. Please keep your reviews coming in. Your feedback helped me decide to use this medication which helped save my life. My wife and 3 beautiful kids thank you and Clonazepam!”

rkya2121 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 6, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Honestly this medication is amazing. The only draw back is that some Dr.'s don't want to prescribe it because it is a controlled substance. I feel so normal when I take this. I deal with heavy anxiety. My panic attacks are an everyday battle. From the heart attack feeling, sweaty palms, closed throat, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm dying and unable to work, drive, or get out of my bed this medication has given me my life back. I have 3 small children to care for and they need me! I am a much calmer mother. I have anger issues too. This medication helped me deal with my infuriating anxiety. I was so sick of feeling doomed and I hated feeling so weak. I have been on it for 6 Years. No complaints.”

nahtan March 2, 2008

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Been taking Klonopin for 15 years to combat anxiety. Do not take everyday, only when needed. It is a God-send and allows me to focus on the task at hand. Highly recommend to anyone experiencing high anxiety for long periods. It will definitely take the edge off.”

Jdschmid1189 · Taken for 10 years or more May 29, 2021

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): “I take the generic Sun Pharma Klonopin Wafers 1mg twice a day. It completely changed my life and gave me a social life I could never achieve without it. I feel like benzodiazepines get a bad reputation these days because of the fear that society creates when simply talking about the drugs. Benzodiazepines are a great tool for those that do not to abuse them. People need to open their minds and expand their thinking. Benzodiazepines are not deadly, addictive, or harmful. It’s the people that misuse them that give them the bad reputation. Be smart. Take only as prescribed. Don’t mix with alcohol or opiates. It’s that simple.”

Ryang69 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Story summarized: Believe the horror stories. They are true. I started taking it as a 30 day supply for anxiety and insomnia, it helped me so much I wanted more after the 30 days. Doctor wouldn’t do it, so I moved on. Didn’t take it for months back to the old sleepless, anxious, angry person. Got the script, it helps every single day of my life. Newsflash. Good luck stopping. Same withdrawal as heroin. I will just take the pill and feel good and normal. 8 stars because it did pull me out of death spiral but lost 2 because nobody on earth deserves to take this nasty ass pill. Confusing yup. It does help with a lot of different things.... but good luck leaving!! :/”

Ran S · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam): “Klonopin was a great medication. I was crazy anxious and couldn't sleep at night at all. I would stay up and just read or cry with my dogs. I was also terribly anxious and depressed. Whenever my doc recommended Klonopin, I was eager to try it. I was on it only for a month though, just so I get back on my sleeping patterns. It helped my sleep and anxiety so much! I was so thankful for Klonopin. The only reason I stopped taking it was because my sleep was once again regulated and the med caused severe drowsiness. But other than the drowsiness, it worked just fine!”

Derek2653 June 6, 2008

Klonopin (clonazepam): “I have been prescribed many nerve medications but now that I am on Klonopin I feel like a brand new person. I actually feel like getting out and being more social with people. A big thanks to the people who made the little nerve pill called klonopin. You have made my life so much more worth living. I actually want to be around my family and friends now. Thank you very much for making my life so much easier.”

Learn more about Panic Disorder