User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very helpful for anxiety if taken at proper dosage. I take 4 mg a day (2 mg twice a day) and it's been excellent! Find a doctor who understands how anxiety actually works and isn't anti benzos. If taken responsibly, Benzos, like Klonopin, can be life changing!"

JV CIN May 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Very very effective drug. Better than diazepam, better than lorazepam. Long half life. This medication helped me stop drinking completely to mask my anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and sometimes can't go in stores. With clonazepam, when used responsibility, is my wonder drug. Been on 3 mg a day for 25 years. My doctor shuns on weaning me off, as this drug gave me my life back. It has helped me mend my relationships, I can go outside, and I don't feel like anyone's judging me. I take clonazepam with 40 mg propranolol a day and Seroquel at night. Who would have thought that I prescribed myself and my doctor agreed. Who ever made this benzo needs an award. Stay sober, don't do illicit drugs, take meds as instructed and again, don't drink! Thanks!"

Jamesdat123 May 7, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I did not know what was happening to me when I had my first Panic Attack when I graduated from College. There was not even a name for it. My internal medicine Dr. did not know what was going on either. I was sent to a specialist. He saw that I was sweating in his cold office, he asked me if I did this all the time? I said yes. So he wrote me a prescription for Xanax which came out in 81 as an anti-depressant. There was no word on addiction so I took them "as Directed" no more I was a good patient. So after 33 years I decided I wanted to get off this medication. My Quack Dr. told me 4 days. I did a lot more research and found out the truth it takes a lot longer. Ask your Dr. how you get off it."

over 30 years wasted (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have taken this medicine for at least 15 years now. I started having panic attacks in my 20s and found out I had mitral valve prolapse, which can cause a person to be more likely to have panic attacks. For years I took 0.5 mg at bedtime, now take 0.75 mg. In addition to 25 mg. Lexapro once in the evening. Haven't had a panic attack in years. This is a great drug, but it is hard for me to get up in the morning sometimes. I'll take that over panic attacks any day, though."

Coolcarl (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have experienced anxiety, depression, and stress throughout all my life but have been able to control it. I started experiencing anxiety at a higher level in high school and job with some low level panic attacks. I still did my best to control them with exercise and relaxation. In college my panic attack got so out of control I couldn't take my classes. My mom took me too the psychiatrist after seeing me not sleep. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Prescribed at first Zoloft and klonopin. I hated taking these pills because they made me feel so dizzy. Took me a year to slowly get a little better. I noticed when I stopped taking them I would get ill. Now it's been 10 years of treatment and I can live a normal life."

Hope35 February 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Clonazepam best medicine for anxiety and panic disorder parson. I was used last 7 years. It is good one for relaxation. Thx to god"

VickyT007 February 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been taking this pill for over 30 years, one pill a day , never had problem with my panic attacks again, not addicting for me !"

NYBULLETS (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2017

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been on 2mg twice a day for over 14 years now. My dosage has never gone up and I feel it really helps keep my panic disorder in check. Sometimes I skip a dose and don't even notice it. I have had trouble with doctors wanting to take me off the medication and essentially play with my medications. However, my response is always "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I do recommend that anyone that is on this medication have a physician to monitor you on a regular basis. If you find yourself taking more than prescribed, please notify your doctor."

Mel76 January 19, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this med for my panic/anxiety disorder for a few years now and I must say it is a saviour for me. I had very bad depression and anxiety/panic problems for years along with a medical problem about my thyroid. This medicine has helped me very much. I take .5 mg at bedtime. helps me sleep all thru the night. I get my 7-8 hours that I need. everyone can be affected differently with medications but I think in my opinion, if you take a benzo and/or a antidepressant and it freaks you out, then you are not taking the right medication for what ails you. That I know from my own experiences from other meds in the past. I take this with lexapro. This combo works wonders for me. Thank you."

Allaia January 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For generalized anxiety, this medication is probably the best or second best out there for it. It helps tremendously with general anxiety. When it comes to panic disorder, I would say it has its pros and cons but overall is good. If you only take Clonazepam for panic attacks, and that's the only time you take it, it should be great. (And was for me!) If you take it daily to prevent panic attacks, I think it also works great. But if you take it daily to prevent but end up still getting one, it doesn't help too much. But it's one of the better benzos to take as a regimen (though there is no* such thing as a good regimen) but it has its peak effect at around 2-3 hours and can last long, making it a great reliever for many! It's helped me!"

KyleFontenot (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"About 3 months ago my anxiety got out of hand. I'm constantly obsessing something is wrong with my health. Brain tumors because I'm dizzy and lightheaded a lot, cancer because family members& a high school friend just got diagnosed, to heart problems. I'm 22 and know it's not healthy to obsess over this crap.. but I can't stop it. Tried new SSRIs. Haven't found one that's side effects are livable. I take klonopin as needed when I'm feeling bad and it instantly helps. Still have some anxiety but it chills me out to where I feel I don't need to go to the hospital. Very helpful. I was directed to take .25 MG twice a day but figured I'd only take it as needed so I don't get dependant to it. Hoping to find a new SSRI to nip this in the bud."

Mareenaedler (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I don't give this medicine a 10 because it's too good and you really forget that you can do things on your own. What I'm trying to say, it's a lifesaver when you're having a crisis, but the thing is so good you want to take it to deal with normal levels of anxiety. Anyway, impulses aside, I experienced no significant side effects. You do get a little drowsy but you won't just fall asleep if you don't want to either. I have always been anxious, had a panic attack that had me hospitalized as early as 12 years old and from then on it was on-and-off, being told not to think about it and enjoy things, it's all in my head and it made me awkward, shy and think I was a nervous wreck. This medicine let me know myself and experience a life!"

Nicoleeee3 October 8, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have always suffered from GAD for many years but as of lately & due to many stressful life situations, it's developed into a debilitating panic disorder. I can barely eat, sleep, constantly nauseous, losing weight. I have never in my life taken any type of anxiety med. I've always went the natural route - yoga, cbt, exercise, and although some of those things are helpful to others, I felt I needed something more to help me along in the process. Let me tell you that Klonopin has been an absolute savior in my life. Just after one day of taking it, my panic completely subsided within 20-30 min. I take one .5 in the am/pm along with lexapro. so far so good. As long as you are taking it as prescribed in small doses,the risk of addiction is low"

California 222 September 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug has changed my life. I have severe panic disorder and derealization. I was having debilitating panic attacks daily. I felt like I was living in hell. My new doctor decided to switch me to this after Ativan seemed to not be helping. It has helped me live a normal life for the first time in years. After the first dose I was already feeling more calm, my racing thoughts have pretty much vanished. I still feel anxiety, but I am able to shut it down very quickly before it has the chance the turn into a full blown panic attack. I am so glad to have found this drug and have it work so well for me. The only downside is that it makes you drowsy, but I feel like you get used to it over time."

Kj1891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This generic doesn't work"

Mikal79 August 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Taking for almost 2 years and half...1 mg everyday for anxiety, panic dis order and insomnia: RIVOTRIL!! its wonder medicine!"

DJ ICE CUBE (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2016