User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

"Took 0.5 mg for panic disorder. Helped to keep the panic away but come at a higher cost. The horror of withdrawal. It's better to deal with panic disorder naturally that do the drug. They just defer the suffering to a latter date."

Ambush February 23, 2018

"Panic attacks, schizo-affective, suicidal on a good day. My Dr is scared to prescribe my old dose of 3mg/day and cut me down to half of that. It is really hard. I can't believe what my Dr and the government are doing to me."

Tony Balony February 8, 2018

"I was taken off. Not intended for long term use. Panic disorder is back."

Me0823 (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "To best help combat my Anxiety, my psychiatrist & I had both been in agreement that prescription benzodiazepines were my best option currently, so I primarily get prescribed (Klonopin 2mg Tabs, Qty- 90, three times daily or as needed) once a month for the last 7+ years, while taking a ‘break or switch to a similar medication’ such as Xanax or Ativan."

TobiasHardness89 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take 0.5mg of Klonopin as needed for anxiety. I try not to take it all the time because I know it can be addictive. For me it does lessen my anxiety but it’s very minimal. Although, it has worked better for me than Atvian, Hydroxyzine, Zoloft, etc. I think if it’s paired with something else then I would find it more beneficial."

Zyna6 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking 0.5 mgs ending up at 3 mgs daily for panic disorder. I used klonopin & SSRI over the years. They worked for a time but then stopped, only klonopin helped panic. Eventually I felt rebound symptoms of panic and paranoia the longer I was on it, along with memory problems. Still recovering my life after a month off of it and memories come back daily. Followed all directions; never abused it. Thought klonopin was the best for 18 yrs. Now have to start my life again. Daily use is a risk over a long period of time. If a doctor tries this be your best advocate and question!"

jennablurr75 (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2018

"Was on a drug that was like Benadryl. Didn't think it worked until I ran out and could tell it had worked. It made me very tired 24/7. This was prescribed at a hospital. My anxiety was so high I wanted to jump off a bridge. Finally got into a psychiatrist, which is hard to get into and due to lack of sleep she gave me 1mg at night and half in the morning. I do feel like it works but still wish it was better, maybe spread out because it wears off. Not sure."

Kit1234567 January 20, 2018

"Although, it hasn't cured my panic attacks, or anxiety, Clonazapam has been a miracle drug for me. Making my life at least livable."

LuckyLar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It works on panic at fairly low doses. I’ve tried most of the benzodiazepines and found clonazepam works best for me. Xanax and Ativan work faster, Valium and Tranxene work longer, but in terms of warding off panic with minimal problems, while maintaining a minimal dose Klonopin has been my favorite."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

"Okay after reading some of the reviews it is clear not everyone here knows that there are 2 forms of clonazepam... There is a fast acting melt that takes 1-2 minutes to kick in but has high risk of addiction... There is the pill form that takes 1-2 hours to work and lasts 6-12 hours... I was started on .25 melts and at first I only needed 1-3 per month... As time went on I needed more and more... At this point I was switched to .5 in the pill form... I won't lie and say that there aren't days I could still use the melt form but overall my anxiety level has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped on the .5 daily so I'm grateful to have it as an option for the last 3 years."

MomOf42011 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

"Ever since an incident in my younger years I have been pretty much afraid of going out into large crowds or being around a lot of people, no matter the place or who they were. I would constantly get short of breath and feel like I was having a heart attack because my heart would pound so hard in my chest. It happened so often I knew what it was and even try to stop it and calm myself down before it got too bad, which rarely worked. Long story short and after years of dealing with this issue I switched my PCP and was given Clonazepam to try. It actually worked right away after getting my dose fixed to 1 mg as needed and I've hardly had an issue since."

Stephen(79) (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medication has completely destroyed my life. If you have anxiety find another way to deal with it. It's not worth it trust me."

nobenzos (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

"I’ve taken Clonazepam on and off for about ten years. I had to stop taking it when I started suboxone, and my panic attacks came back. Being off it is the worst feeling I can imagine. It made me realize how much it helps with anxiety and panic. Luckily, I’m back on it now at 0.5mg three times a day. It’s truly a lifesaver. I’d highly recommend it to anyone struggling with panic attacks."

Jdschmid1189 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2017

"MAGIC MED!!! It has done wonders for my anxiety, panic, and constant worrying. It actually makes me concentrate better at the task at hand. I was able to study and get my GED after dropping out of high school many years ago. I got my confidence back and regained my positive thoughts. I also take Sertraline 100mg. But Clonazepam is my go to for panicky situations. I've been taking it on and off for years... It actually is better then Xanax because it lasts longer throughout the day and is not as sedating for me. I'd say its the safer of the Benzos."

kevykooks (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 23, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017

"there ok only on 0.5, taste good at least"

mmm54321087 November 19, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take this for Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Inhibition, Lack of Motivation. SSRI's don't work well for me. Klonopin (also valium/xanax}) has been the only drug to help me to any degree. I take very little, but it has saved me from severe anxiety, and then I realized that it actually improves my depression, not 100%, but enough that it is significant, while SSRIs do not. It also calms me down so I can think better. I also recently tried l- methylfolate, and it REALLY helped me but caused a problem. If I take more than a normal dose of Klonopin, it could make me sleepy, but other than that, no side affects. And I have the option to not take it if I don't need it. I hope l-methyl folate will be even better once I figure out how to use it without a bad reaction. Don't take Klonopin if you get addicted to drugs"

TBAgs November 18, 2017

"I will tell you right now that this is not for panic disorder. The time it takes to kick in is excruciating - one and a half hours. It only makes anxiety more upfront. If you have panic you need Xanax! This medicine brought back anxiety like I haven’t had in years, chest pain, fear, fear, racing heart. Ridiculous. My Dr said no to my Xanax only having been prescribed 15 in 3 years and only taking for extreme events. Now my life has turned upside down thanks to this worthless medicine. If you truly have panic and can wait 2 hrs for relief I admire you. I’m a 41 yr old construction worker and like to think I’m pretty strong, until panic sets and I want to tear off my own skin."

Ramey bh November 5, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have multiples issues: trigeminal nerve pain in my face/head, and panic attacks closely related to this horrible condition that have led to a lot of very unfortunate circumstances. I have been on it before (20 years ago). I avoided since it because it's a benzo, but if I don't get treated successfully, I believe, as does my therapist, my prognosis is poor. I encourage all to try all other pathways; only if they fail should you consider klonopin. Unrelenting anxiety and panic attacks are not acceptable in my circumstances."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My wife who I dearly love recently left me (splitting up my family) at a time while my business is also failing and I'm suddenly in a position where I'm afraid I won't be able to make it financially. The depression and grief led to anxiety and eventually panic. Completely unable to function. Minutes seemed like hours. A struggle to get through each day. Only to like awake all night. At one point got a total of 4 hours of sleep over 5 days. A total wreck about to be institutionalized. Reached crisis mode and was given Klonopin - 1.5 mg/day spread over 3 doses. Anxiety/panic diminished greatly and allowed me to finally SLEEP. Progressively improving. A true life saver. Not worried about tapering later."

Klonager (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

"Brings me back from panic attacks, only thing that calms me down."

Panic069 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2017

"I am thankful for this medication clonazepam, because I had chronic episodes of panic attack,: feeling that I was loosing my mind, full of terror like when you are falling from an airplane, my hands sweating, a feeling that nobody could help me, always calling the ambulance because I felt like I was going to die. But one night I went to the mental health emergency room because I couldn't deal with this illness anymore and this physician prescribe me Clonazepam since 2007 and the panic attacks stopped finally , it's 2017 and still using them!"

Greatful to God (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have bi polar disorder and this calms my mania and relaxes me. It reminds me as well to just say calm :)"

nicknames October 2, 2017

"I am Bi-Polar, with Panic Disorder, PTSD and Anxiety Disorder. In my 30's during the 90's I was given every a-typical anti-psycotic by psychiatrists.( free samples of by the pharmacy reps coming into the office.) The reactions to these medications were severe. I went to the ER numerous times with TD, lock jaw and mostly Severe Akethesia- restless pacing, inability to sit down, panic attacks. I could not eat, or sleep, a sense of impending doom, and lost weight. I was a guinea pig for over 10 years. Finally an educated psychiatrist gave me Klonopin and all panic attacks stopped. I have never taken more prescribed. I am 50 now and live a normal happy life with a grandson and no more ER's thanks to Klonopin."

scheherazadea (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed as early as nine with GAD as the years passed it got so bad that I was put on disability at the age of 27 for a year. I had lost many jobs and relationships. I became an agoraphobic and this lasted almost 2 years. I have been seeing an amazing Dr. and he recommended Klonopin since it was longer acting. I told him I would think about it as I had been taking ativan for years and assumed it was working (while I was still trapped inside my house, panic would subside a bit in my safety zone with the ativan.) Anyways, after many sessions with my Dr and trying many medications I was diagosed with GAD, Panic Disorder with Agoriphobia. I had never even heard the term panic disorder but it fit me to a T. Nothing has worked better for me"

Gwen88 September 26, 2017