User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "does the job for anxiety and panic"

sal (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2018

"Honestly the best benzo for anything anxiety-related. At first I was a bit intimidated by it when my psychiatrist gave it to me, since I knew benzos were addictive and, while desperate to get rid of my panic attacks, I didn't want to develop addiction. Fortunately nothing of the sort has happened and I feel so much better now thanks to this medicine. My panic attacks have stopped completely, as well as other bizarre symptoms I had that may or may not have been related to Panic Disorder (whenever I closed my eyes I saw flashes, for example). I take clonazepam in its droplet version, which is far less intense but it still works due to the drug's long-term action. To anyone who's considering this bad boy, be aware that feeling extremely drowsy in the first dose is normal. Don't be alarmed though, since the symptoms don't go beyond that. You'll sleep like a baby and eventually get used to the drug."

Snail (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin 1mg taken 3x daily has made a major difference in my overall anxiety disorder plus panic attacks. I was not helped by a lower dose than this. I take it in combo with 800 mgs gabapentin 3x daily plus lamictal, ambien for sleep and a thyroid medication and we finally seem to be getting my bipolar disorder under control. SSRIs and SNRIs made my anxiety and panic worse. Word of warning: do NOT quit Klonopin cold turkey or allow yourself to run out of the medication or within one day you will feel you’ve fallen into a pit of darkness. This drug does create dependency and would require medical supervision to slowly taper off as needed. However for me, taking it on a schedule 3x daily has changed my life immensely for the better."

CBA (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

"I have chronic anxiety and partial seizures, which eventually lead to full on panic attacks, which happen more than twice a week. At first I was prescribed SSRI'S, which GAVE me panic attacks, instead of stopping my symptoms. Ended up taking Alprazolam, after 3 years, a nightmare trying to quit. Clonazepam was then tried and it was perfect. No heavy sedation, lasts longer, stopped the muscle twitches that come with my anxiety. A great overall medicine, better than Lorazepam, cause it's stronger, and lasts longer, and easy to taper off of, if felt like you need to. I take Klonopin 2mg a day with Lexapro, 50mg, a day and Seroquel 200mg once at night. Perfect combination for me. Clonazepam stopped the physical symptoms that come with my panic disorder, which means EVERYTHING to me. My psych cut me off tho, cuz I went to jail for 11 months!! And it was the hardest 11 months of my life!! Nothing can come close to stopping panic disorder and everything that comes with panic attacks."

Mickey187 May 26, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I used to use Xanax for my anxiety attacks, but just recently was reintroduced to Klonopin. Xanax is definitely addictive and at one time I was addicted to it, but Klonopin is a safer medication and I have yet to notice any addiction to it. It works wonders for my seizures and my crippling panic attacks. How could I be such a fool as to forget the one medication that worked wonders and wasn't as dangerous as it's cousin?"

Ed (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm a 22-year-old male and suffer from severe anxiety. I had a seizure last month, was hospitalized, and was given Klonopin for it. The Klonopin helped my anxiety so much that I asked my doctor to switch medications (I was on Xanax 0.5 mg six times a day) and he put me on Klonopin 1 mg three times a day. The Xanax helped but wore off way too quickly. The Klonopin, however, has been AMAZING! It diminishes all traces of anxiety, relaxes my muscles, lifts my mood, and helps me feel "normal". Plus it lasts all day! I can finally be social again, sleep better at night, focus a lot better, and not have to worry about my anxiety. I finally feel like I'M in control of it. I'm much calmer in general and I love It. Klonopin definitely gave me my life back."

RelaxedMax (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. This medication definitely works. I experienced no unusual side effects. The only side effect I felt was mild tiredness. Every time I take it it usually lasts about 8-12 hours of full effect. It takes about 45 minutes to start working after taking it. When I take this medication I feel very relaxed and peaceful. It gets rid of a panic attack, nausea due to anxiety, and jitteriness from anxiety."

Photographylover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

"Is the Qualitest Generic 2mg effective?"

AndyinAZ (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was recently prescribed this for high anxiety & stress. Couldn't sleep thru the night without waking up 5x or more. Crying every day and Zoloft 75mg was working for depression but not anxiety. Had to take my mom off life support at her age of 65 and I was 26 and 5 months pregnant with my daughter. Not 2 years later my dad died of a broken heart and I actually nursed him to his death at my age of 28 in my home and watched him die. He was 65 when he passed. Have had PTSD and anxiety ever since. Cry and hyperventilate when something triggers me. This medicine let's me sleep thru the night and no "hangover" or drowsiness effect in the morning. I wake up with a sense of calm. So far it is doing it's job."

Lydia (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "The biggest mistake of my life. I thought Klonopin was an actual godsend the first time I had taken it, one of the first times in my life I wasn’t an anxious and neurotic mess. But 15 years of doctors throwing them at me like candy so I didn’t have to actually face my anxieties and medicate them instead has left me in taper hell. This isn’t the medications fault, it worked as intended. The problem was lack of knowledge from doctors and myself for medicating the problem without facing it. Sometimes that is only how some people can function and I’m sure I’m one of them, though after 6 months all of these miracle drugs are moot due to tolerance. You’ll need more and more until you’re just poisoning yourself. My suggestion is to be very careful with these and try to find knowledgeable doctors to help you with them."

BenzosAreEvil (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2018

"Took 0.5 mg for panic disorder. Helped to keep the panic away but come at a higher cost. The horror of withdrawal. It's better to deal with panic disorder naturally that do the drug. They just defer the suffering to a latter date."

Ambush February 23, 2018

"Panic attacks, schizo-affective, suicidal on a good day. My Dr is scared to prescribe my old dose of 3mg/day and cut me down to half of that. It is really hard. I can't believe what my Dr and the government are doing to me."

Tony Balony February 8, 2018

"I was taken off. Not intended for long term use. Panic disorder is back."

Me0823 (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "To best help combat my Anxiety, my psychiatrist & I had both been in agreement that prescription benzodiazepines were my best option currently, so I primarily get prescribed (Klonopin 2mg Tabs, Qty- 90, three times daily or as needed) once a month for the last 7+ years, while taking a ‘break or switch to a similar medication’ such as Xanax or Ativan."

TobiasHardness89 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take 0.5mg of Klonopin as needed for anxiety. I try not to take it all the time because I know it can be addictive. For me it does lessen my anxiety but it’s very minimal. Although, it has worked better for me than Atvian, Hydroxyzine, Zoloft, etc. I think if it’s paired with something else then I would find it more beneficial."

Zyna6 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking 0.5 mgs ending up at 3 mgs daily for panic disorder. I used klonopin & SSRI over the years. They worked for a time but then stopped, only klonopin helped panic. Eventually I felt rebound symptoms of panic and paranoia the longer I was on it, along with memory problems. Still recovering my life after a month off of it and memories come back daily. Followed all directions; never abused it. Thought klonopin was the best for 18 yrs. Now have to start my life again. Daily use is a risk over a long period of time. If a doctor tries this be your best advocate and question!"

jennablurr75 (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2018

"Was on a drug that was like Benadryl. Didn't think it worked until I ran out and could tell it had worked. It made me very tired 24/7. This was prescribed at a hospital. My anxiety was so high I wanted to jump off a bridge. Finally got into a psychiatrist, which is hard to get into and due to lack of sleep she gave me 1mg at night and half in the morning. I do feel like it works but still wish it was better, maybe spread out because it wears off. Not sure."

Kit1234567 January 20, 2018

"Although, it hasn't cured my panic attacks, or anxiety, Clonazapam has been a miracle drug for me. Making my life at least livable."

LuckyLar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It works on panic at fairly low doses. I’ve tried most of the benzodiazepines and found clonazepam works best for me. Xanax and Ativan work faster, Valium and Tranxene work longer, but in terms of warding off panic with minimal problems, while maintaining a minimal dose Klonopin has been my favorite."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

"Okay after reading some of the reviews it is clear not everyone here knows that there are 2 forms of clonazepam... There is a fast acting melt that takes 1-2 minutes to kick in but has high risk of addiction... There is the pill form that takes 1-2 hours to work and lasts 6-12 hours... I was started on .25 melts and at first I only needed 1-3 per month... As time went on I needed more and more... At this point I was switched to .5 in the pill form... I won't lie and say that there aren't days I could still use the melt form but overall my anxiety level has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped on the .5 daily so I'm grateful to have it as an option for the last 3 years."

MomOf42011 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

"Ever since an incident in my younger years I have been pretty much afraid of going out into large crowds or being around a lot of people, no matter the place or who they were. I would constantly get short of breath and feel like I was having a heart attack because my heart would pound so hard in my chest. It happened so often I knew what it was and even try to stop it and calm myself down before it got too bad, which rarely worked. Long story short and after years of dealing with this issue I switched my PCP and was given Clonazepam to try. It actually worked right away after getting my dose fixed to 1 mg as needed and I've hardly had an issue since."

Stephen(79) (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medication has completely destroyed my life. If you have anxiety find another way to deal with it. It's not worth it trust me."

nobenzos (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

"I’ve taken Clonazepam on and off for about ten years. I had to stop taking it when I started suboxone, and my panic attacks came back. Being off it is the worst feeling I can imagine. It made me realize how much it helps with anxiety and panic. Luckily, I’m back on it now at 0.5mg three times a day. It’s truly a lifesaver. I’d highly recommend it to anyone struggling with panic attacks."

Jdschmid1189 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2017

"MAGIC MED!!! It has done wonders for my anxiety, panic, and constant worrying. It actually makes me concentrate better at the task at hand. I was able to study and get my GED after dropping out of high school many years ago. I got my confidence back and regained my positive thoughts. I also take Sertraline 100mg. But Clonazepam is my go to for panicky situations. I've been taking it on and off for years... It actually is better then Xanax because it lasts longer throughout the day and is not as sedating for me. I'd say its the safer of the Benzos."

kevykooks (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 23, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017