User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

"I have always suffered from GAD for many years but as of lately & due to many stressful life situations, it's developed into a debilitating panic disorder. I can barely eat, sleep, constantly nauseous, losing weight. I have never in my life taken any type of anxiety med. I've always went the natural route - yoga, cbt, exercise, and although some of those things are helpful to others, I felt I needed something more to help me along in the process. Let me tell you that Klonopin has been an absolute savior in my life. Just after one day of taking it, my panic completely subsided within 20-30 min. I take one .5 in the am/pm along with lexapro. so far so good. As long as you are taking it as prescribed in small doses,the risk of addiction is low"

California 222 September 4, 2016

"This drug has changed my life. I have severe panic disorder and derealization. I was having debilitating panic attacks daily. I felt like I was living in hell. My new doctor decided to switch me to this after Ativan seemed to not be helping. It has helped me live a normal life for the first time in years. After the first dose I was already feeling more calm, my racing thoughts have pretty much vanished. I still feel anxiety, but I am able to shut it down very quickly before it has the chance the turn into a full blown panic attack. I am so glad to have found this drug and have it work so well for me. The only downside is that it makes you drowsy, but I feel like you get used to it over time."

Kj1891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

"This generic doesn't work"

Mikal79 August 20, 2016

"Taking for almost 2 years and half...1 mg everyday for anxiety, panic dis order and insomnia: RIVOTRIL!! its wonder medicine!"

DJ ICE CUBE (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I had my ovaries removed (out-patient) 5 years ago at age 41. Next day (never fell asleep) I had paralyzing fear, but had no idea why. My husband took me to the ER where my heart rate was 173! I was in the hospital for a week; 3 days no sleep. I was given Klonopin; it was AMAZING! I had been admitted for my first ever panic attack! After leaving the hospital I continued having insomnia and panic attacks. My GP now prescribes 0.5 mg as needed. I have a bottle in my purse and by my bed. I only take HALF a pill, ONLY WHEN NEEDED; and RARELY do I take the other half 30 min later. Just knowing I have a med that works on hand reduced # of attacks. When used RESPONSIBLY, Klonopin is a LIFESAVER! Never take more of any med than you actually need!"

admichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Hi my name's Matt and I would like to share with you my experience of Klonopin 6 years ago I went through what I think was a dramatic life-changing event for me me and my wife work separating for good and everything started falling apart I started to lose weight get out of breath fast then one day I started to have bad thoughts thoughts to hurt myself others even my own family I spent many sleepless nights on the couch for two months I stayed there wanting to die waiting to die then finally one day I got up and went to see a psychiatrist I explained to him he put me on Klonopin after a few yrs I noticed I started having short term memory loss I am currently weaning myself off but it's very hard anyone else experience this"

Matt1987 July 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been suffering from panic attacks since 2008. One day I was just chatting on the phone with a friend when out of nowhere I felt like there was an elephant sit on my chest, meaning to say that i was experiencing chest tightness. Then I started breathing faster and I didn't know then what I know now, that that fast breathing is called hyperventilation. Then that symptom led to my heart beat going faster and then that led to me feeling like i was losing control and I had to have a friend take me to the ER which was down the street but it felt like it took me hours to get there. Time really slows down during these attacks, and life just seems so unbearable. Anyway, doc put me on .05mg Klonopin in 2008 and it has worked wonders since."

PokemonPlayTime July 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My doctor began prescribing klonapin1 mg 3 times a day when I was 23 years old to help treat anxiety and sleep disorders. I took the xanax for 11 years and it did help my symptoms although I did build up a tolerance pretty fast but kept at same dose. But when my doctor retired and a new doctor took over his practice I was abruptly discontinued the xanax. This was a dangerous thing to do. I began to go into withdrawals within one day without the xanax. The withdrawals were excruciating and lasted for weeks. I was in constant extreme anxiety. Sleep was nearly totally absent for more than two weeks. My thoughts started to become almost to the point of psychosis which also lasted for weeks. So never abruptly stop benzos unless medically supervi"

Donnie Don (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2016

"Was prescribed Clonazepam for short term use while adjusting to Lexapro. It worked quite well to keep panic at bay with it's long half life. Prescribed .5 mg 3X daily, but I only took as needed as I was wary of dependence. Lexapro is now working great for me and my extra Clonazepams are fun for weekend relaxation. I can feel their additives quality just with occasional use. I would never recommend for long term daily use. That's a dead end road to hell."

c93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2016

"I started taking clonazepam about a month ago, I take 0.5mg at 1 1/2 tablets 4 times a day and with what I've been through in the past 11 years it has helped me get my life back"

Shadeena (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "If anybody has input that would be great.. I took klonopin for anxiety disorder. It made me have no appetite, stay wide awake at night, feel superior to anybody else. Honestly felt fantastic and I was losing weight. A week or so later I broke down in major tears, had to leave work. On the way home had a bad panic attack. Went to the hospital where I was prescribed ativan. I've never had an issue since and I only take it when I feel anxious. It was the weirdest experience ever and the doctors can't explain it."

Christine86 May 7, 2016

"Wonder drug. I can't emphasis that enough. This was the best decision I have made. I had tried over 12 different medications for my extreme panic disorder and depression and some medications would help but give me horrible depression and others were vice versa. There was always break through of one of my conditions. My life has been unmanageable for 16 years and this is the first drug I can literally thank God for. It's saved my life and I can finally function normally. I am on 1mg daily and able to live a normal life at last. It's only been a month on this but I've already had such great success."

Taylorlynnee (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2016

"I felt shaking and anxiety still if I'm taking rivotril 2 mg"

yohannajohn May 2, 2016

"It has helped alleviate fear and provide comfort and care when taken moderation. With you and your doctor's agreement"

Sakisuzy22W April 21, 2016

"I have had panic disorder for years, thanks in large part to a serious medical condition that has since been addressed. Klonopin has helped tremendously even at a fairly low dose (1mg daily). I would add that this is not a drug to stop cold turkey; having tried, I can tell you that it worsens the anxiety and panic. I'm also not thrilled that I still take it after so many years. But, it has greatly improved my quality of life and for that I am grateful."

BBRM (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

"Wonderful pill. My doc put on 2mg once a day before bed. In one week, this medication turned my life around. I was suffering from extreme manic/depressive episodes, depression, irritability and panic crisis. and Seroquel 50mg was worsening everything up, horrible drug for me. I am now on 4mg of clonazepam, and doing fine. Brought me back to life thank God."

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was taken off of ativan 1mg x3 per day and switched to klonopin. This drug made me ache all over and my joints, had crying bouts and sever depression with very dark thoughts. I finally got switched back. I hate this drug. Made me want to sleep all the time as well zero energy and aggressive."

indigogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have PTSD, OCD, severe bipolar and severe borderline personality disorder along with severe panic attacks and constant anxiety. I was taken off of 0.5 mg Xanax taken four times a day over 25 years which enabled me to live a "normal" life. I was prescribed klonopin instead. While it does help tremendously with the panic and anxiety, for me anyway, Xanax worked much better. I am on a slew of other meds for the other disorders I have. Just commenting on klonopin"

Didi1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

"what can I say? has anyone seen the movie "Shutter Island"? imagine a veteran instead of a US Marshal (in this case me), diagnosed with PTSD and related "panic attacks" along with epilepsy. The VA has yet another lab rat for pharmaceutical testing. and just like poor Leo's character, who is going to believe me when I say that the VA wants to see how much Clonazepam it will take for me to kill myself (one way to shut me up about stuff that happened in my unit during the cold war huh?). to be honest I refused to take even one dose because I value my life ALOT more than the VA does."

Oliver Larch (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have had anxiety all my life!-40 years. During one very long 3 week period of being in what my psychologist called a "panic state," I absolutely had to ask my doctor for something that would help me begin to function again. I don't prefer to medicate unless it is absolutely necessary, and while taking this is not exactly something that I wanted my situation to come to, I eventually decided that if I did not opt for some type of pharmaceutical intervention, I might have had a stroke from the insane physical stress, which was bringing me to the brink of insanity. ONE pill before bed one evening did the trick for me. It was like hitting the reset button, and I woke up rested, calm, and totally fine again. Haven't needed another pill yet."

2BAnnonymous February 11, 2016

"I started this drug at about 12 years old, used it for about 7 years. Very effective for anxiety/panic attacks, but much too powerful. While on it, I was so drowsy I could barely stay awake, my mental performance suffered, I became an emotionless zombie, and suffered severe chronic constipation that made me late everywhere I'd go. Also true hell to get off of, even with a slow taper--worst panic attacks of my life, felt like I couldn't bear it, failed several times. And the worst part? I'm still suffering disabling cognitive impairment and chronic constipation to this day--about 7 years after STOPPING the drug. For all I know, I'm stuck with these now forever. My advice? Run--like hell--from benzodiazepines. They may just ruin your life."

Ex-Clonazepam User (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2016

"A life saver, I am bipolar with panic disorder, also without this medication I would not be able drive, go out in public as I have developed agoraphobia and social phobia in my early twenties, mostly from the shame and fear of losing control or having attacks in public. I would not have any form of normal life or even be able to hold a job. Believe me I have been on every medication or combinations out there. I had no side affects while on this medication. Only reason I am not giving this it a 10 is because it is highly addictive. It is HELL to get off of - don't even try going cold turkey, your anxiety will return double than before, speak to your doctor and taper off it slowly. This medication was kind of a last resort. It helps."

yollawp (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I highly recommend this medication for panic attacks. Without Klonopin, I could not function in life...I couldn't hold a job, go on trips, even go to the store without having wave after wave of panic. It works quickly, too, because with panic attacks, we want them gone or at least minimized. I only use when needed as the body does become adjusted to them and its not as effective. Thank goodness for this medication!"

Denisenini (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015