User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Seizure Prevention.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Seizure Prevention

"As soon as I feel any sort of seizure coming on, I need only take a half to a full 0.5 mg dosage. Within 20 minutes, I feel a sense of calmness overcome me...and all of the strange sensations disappearing. For me, I'll get an intense tingling all over my body, my thoughts become rapid, my hands jittery, and heart pounding (as my warning signs.) Clonazepam has the ability to literally take that away..at least for me. It does make you a bit tired, and at times forgetful. But is it not more worth it to be seizure free, and have some sense of security that you will be alright? I've been taking it for two years now, and although I am not a fan of taking medication, period...this is my one exception. I feel much safer knowing I have it on me."

KatherineTate September 21, 2016

"Amazing. That's all that needs said. I take one at night which makes me tired and I have a great night sleep and wake up feeling brilliant. I feel as though I'm 'cured'. Recommend to anyone. Especially myoclonic and absence seizures."

Tarrie September 2, 2016

"I ve been taking this drug since June, 11, 2016. started .5 a day because of lack of supply. now i take 3 to 4 .5 mg a day and still have seizures, Black outs, Mass confusion. the other day I blacked out hit my head and have no memory of the "fall" just the goose egg oh my head to prove it. Definitely helps with my anxiety, but Im still in pain every day. seeing doctor on tuesday july 19, 2016 hoping for better answers. The type of seizures i am having are abdominal based but spreads to full blown seize. is the abdominal pain my aura telling me HEY SEIZURE.??"

JJMOSS July 15, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medicine made me confused, slur my words, exhausted. I was basically living in a fog for over five years. No amount of sleep helped, I needed to take a nap every day and would still be tired when I woke up. I had difficulty thinking, repeated sentences, had anxiety attacks. This medication is only suppose to be given for a maximum of 2 weeks. It's highly addictive and the user develops a high tolerance. Long-term usage can result in brain damage and benzos are the most overly prescribed drug in the world. Withdrawal was horrible, but worth it! I got my life back after getting off of it and I don't have anxiety or seizures, changed my lifestyle, diet and exercise."

Vest04 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Sleepiness memory loss."

kim-r June 21, 2016

"I have been taking Clonazepam for nearly 30 years. Started at 15 years of age and went from approximately 300 mild absent spells (i call them mind blanks) to 5. Huge impact on my life. I am on the original dose of 1mg but on my tired days i take an extra 1mg in the afternoon or evening. In the last 6 years or so I've suffered terrible insomnia which has me some nights not sleeping at all. So not sure if thats related..especially given this drug is used for insomnia and anxiety. I may have side effects but have been taking it so long i dont really notice. Also took this through 3 pregnancies and have 3 healthy children. Wish i could come off but too busy with work and kids."

BeckyBoobah2002 June 18, 2016

"I've been taking it 0.5 mg before sleep for almost 3 months now and no epileptic seizures and I sleep well also , but sometimes I feel I would have a seizure so I take 1 mg instead of 0.5 because I only have seizures when I'm sleeping, I wish it stay working and I have no seizures till the end of my life because they are the most terrifying thing for me"

Travel lover April 17, 2016

"Cured"

liamp2 April 6, 2016

"It is the only thing that has helped my seizure disorder. All other drugs seem to make it worse, or mentally drive me crazy. I've been taking clonazepam for about a year now...only a half of a 0.5mg dose. I haven't had to up it. I believe it's because I try to only take it as needed, and usually only once per day. Depending on how I'm feeling, I will go a day or two without it. I think this is why my tolerance hasn't gone up. Highly recommend if you are suffering, being a little tired here and there is worth it compared to all of the nasty side effects the other drugs bring. Even though my doctor tried to argue me on this, and said I should only be on keppra, I stand by what I am feeling first and foremost. Highly recommended"

Lylaalexander February 19, 2016

"best anti-epileptic around - no side effects unlike most of the other antiepileptic pills around which have really bad side effects --------- keeps the seizures right down and helps you feel OK and confident"

melbournerpg (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2015

"I started out taking 1/2 mg 1 time a day. With in about 2 years I was taking 2 mg 3 times a day. It didn't work for me. I had been misdiagnosed by county mental health. I had PTSD NOT bipolar anxiety or borderline personality. I became severely addicted and was from about 2009 to 2014. I became very violent. And often got in legal trouble . I blacked out often. If I could go back and redo I would never take it. I would have done counselling. First. So many behaviours can be corrected with intense therapy. Medication only masked the real issue for me. It cost me many relationships, many nights in jail and much money I could have spent on my son. I pray for anyone who takes this DRUG..."

Misdiagnised September 6, 2015

"I highly reccomend this. Whenever I feel something coming on, if I take this in time, it will take all symptoms away. Besides leaving me a little tired, it is totally worth it. Gives a sense of ease and reliability"

Anonymous September 6, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed clonazepam by a VA psychiatrist because I was having jitteriness from an anti-depressant (Paxcil). He prescribed 2/mg/day. I had been having seizures - later diagnosed as psychogenic non epileptic seizures - for several years, and while taking clonazepam the seizure frequency was reduced, and almost completely stopped. All the regular epilepsy medications tried had NO effect, only clonazepam has been effective in reducing or stopping my seizures. Paxcil, strangely, made me increasingly violent until I stopped it."

Spirit7 (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2015

"My Daughter was,dignosed yrs ago before hurricane Katrena we tried depocote Dilantin etc. nothing work my husband and I worried she was having 20 seizures a day and more. Her Grandfather had Eepilepsy, and I have it as well .I have had grand mal seizures. recently the Lsu Doctor's Dr.Ryan Smith cut us both off Kloipin . and my Daughter may not make it she is Seizureing night and Day. God forgive there soul."

Anonymous July 24, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "During the time I have been on Klonopin, I was asked by my insurance to try the generic but was never able to tolerate it. Last October 2014 the brand was unavailable "Not in Stock" and I had to go on the generic. I was on it totally for several months and had some severe side effects. I became aware that brand was available in early June and was able to get back on brand. Having difficulty getting the exact same dosage I've been on for about 18 months to regulate. I'm having a problem sleeping thru the night and feeling anxious when I wake up. It doesn't feel like the same drug. I don't know why it was stopped. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience with taking the "new brand" since it is available again."

bellson44 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

"I have been on Clonazepam 2mg twice daily for about 23 years. I have had partial seizures since age 14 after a serious head injury. I was also on Dilantin, however I wanted children so after 10 years on Dilantin it was discontinued slowly and I remained on Clonazepam. I have been seizure free for 22 years except for some myoclonus activity during sleep. I have not had to increase my dosage and the only time I had a seizure was the two times my doctors tried to decrease my dose to see if I could come off. Apparently, that is not in the cards. I have no side effects at this point in time, do not find it sedating. I have always taken as prescribed and also maintain a healthy lifestyle."

shrink51 (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2014

"I started this pill last Saturday and it is so helpful. It has helped my seizures and literally stopped them in one day. It is so nice and it makes me happier; I had gotten off Keppra and within a week it seems like I'm back to my old self maybe even better. Try this medication."

Animegirl March 29, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines."

singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2013

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "Only thing that stopped me from having seizures"

Newt6398 May 7, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with."

sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

"I am on 4 different seizure medications (now 5 with this) and suffer from Startle Seizures which come on from any frights (horns, bangs, example. music) and anxiety is a big trigger of this as to be as calm as possible really helps. Since being put on Clonazepam my anxiety is so much better therefore so are my seizures. I can also vary small amounts when needed for example if travelling. Now aiming to drop slowly some of the other."

Guinea Pig lol (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Good"

Anonymous August 7, 2012

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked. "

Anonymous June 8, 2012

"It helps with my seizures and anxiety."

Anonymous April 19, 2012

"Seizures I was suffering resulted with me going on Rivotril(clonazepam). This was after trying plenty other type of medications. I take 2 x 2mg daily and my condition is fine now. "

Anonymous October 20, 2011