User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Bipolar Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Horrible side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

"I am diagnosed with Bipolar I, and I get psychotic and paranoid when manic. I also have severe, debilitating anxiety since I was a young child. Finally, my psychiatrist found the right drug combo, which is seroquel, remeron, klonipin, and temazepam for sleep. I have been in remission for 5 years, hold down two very demanding and stressful jobs. I do not feel over drugged and I am so happy with Klonipin for my anxiety. I take 3 mg daily, 2.5 at night and .5 in the am. No side effects, my mind is sharp as a tack and no mood swings or psychosis for 5 years!! I think everyone's bodies are different and what works for some may not for others. I have not raised my dose in over 5 years and I have no high feeling or any cognitive side effects."

adsfalknaf August 3, 2016

"My experience is very similar to Manuel123 reviewed here. With Bipolar Disorder, once you learn how to recognisance when you are feeling a little high this drug is excellent to reset back to normal. For me it's just 0.25mg before bed when needed. I tend to wait for Friday night as will make it harder to work on a workday. That way you can relax in bed on Saturdays due to good half-life of product. Much to say I have been on various BPD drugs thorought the years since 20's, now mid-30's, and find this is the best and works for me for self medicated management. Take care guys."

DubiousLynx July 30, 2016

"I've been taking Klonopin, on and off, for almost ten years now. There are so many varieties that I don't know which ones work for me anymore. The doctors all tell you it's the same thing. If that's the case, why have I stopped and started so many times? The most common reason is tolerance, i suspect. However, it has been my observation over the last 10 or so years, that the different colors, sources, and whatever "fillers" that are in some of these clonazepam, alter the effects too randomly. As sufferers of the horribly misunderstood disorder, we should have more resources to find out what is in these and more insight into which ones favor our individual bipolar characteristics."

Randazzle :) (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great for "resetting" at bedtime when feeling a little upswing with Bipolar. I have noticed after a day of being a little up, the Klonopin drops the intensity and brain energy nicely to allow for rest and relaxing. I do notice that if I don't take it, because I may not feel like I need it one night, that it is harder to get to sleep. I also have experienced some short term memory loss when taking 1.5 mg (3 x .5 mg) the next day. It has also helped me with anxiety when depressed. Great drug!"

Manuel231 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

"This Clonopin does not work at all. It makes me nauseous and irritable. It also gives me acne. They were out of the yellow tablets so they gave me the pink ones instead. I will not take these pain pills anymore."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

"I have been taking klonopin for several years. I find it helps more than the short-term benzos like Xanax and Valium. For one with BPD, Bipolar, and Anxiety Attacks, this pill is a godsend. I usually do not advocate pharmaceuticals, but I have never had my anxiety quelled like klonopin does. It is highly effective for any type of anxiety, and stops panic in its tracks after 15-20 mins of administering. This is the only pill that i'm on that I advocate. The only warning I have is that it has high potential for dependence, and the body gets used to having it constantly. Sometimes it requires upping the dosage. PLEASE start on 0.5 mg. If your dr starts you on 1mg, it will bring on extreme fatigue, and decreased motor function."

Veronica P. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed at the age of 15 with Bipolar. I really never understood why that was my disgnosis.. maybe cause of my horrible depressions at a very young age and well having to go thru alot very early in life might have been the cause of that. I suffered alot from Anxiety or panic attacks and i must say that Klonopin has been the best drug i have ever had, even better than Xanax. It relaxes me instead of that sedation feeling Xanax used to give me and also last longer. I can now sleep better as well. So in conclusion Klopin is amazing and way better than Xanax and ofcourse this is to my opinión"

JackieA87 November 8, 2015

"Don't take it for longer than 1 month. I'm addicted to 4 mg daily and I can't get off. Side effects - Short-term memory and long term memory are gone (REALLY GONE), I'm so so tried (I sleep all day) and I have 0 motivation. It's amazing for short term anxiety of all kinds. Just do not get addicted. IMO max 1-2 mg for max 1 mth. 2 year user. 27 yo male. Kills anxiety in it's tracks but not to be used long term. Look into Nardil/Parnate if SSRIs fail. Asenapine is great if you need your racing thoughts controlled. DO NOT LET ANY PSYC GIVE THIS TO YOU LONG TERM"

Ash10105 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2015

"I had been taking clonazepam for two years, then slowly stopped taking it. A couple weeks after not taking it, I had a grand mal seizure. Then a few more smaller petite seizures after that. I started up clonopin again and bam. No more seizures. It is a great drug for my BPD but I will caution you to talk to the doc before stopping it."

It helps but there's a catch September 25, 2015

"Much less effective than mylan"

Bipoldog September 17, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "2 mg. wafers as needed, usually twice daily, stops panic dead in its tracks and as soon as I feel my thoughts racing, Klonopin Wafers bring me back to reality within 10 minutes."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin helps my social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder associated with Bipolar Disorder I. I've been taking 1mg twice per day for 8 years and works great. I'm able to get things done without thinking something terrible is going to happen."

chrisbce (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have bipolar 2 disorder and of course clonazepam remedies my anxious manic states with speed and grace."

Frozenaddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"I take 2mg 3 x a day. I don't feel weird. I feel normal. No side effects noted."

Dirty Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

"I have anxiety attacks, restlessness, post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder. My Dr put me on 1 mg Klonopin about a year ago and now I can handle life again. Since age 19 when my mother died I have had post traumatic stress disorder and major anxiety problems. But since doc put me on this the whole family says I'm a different person. It also controls my bipolar disorder I no longer (flip out) as my daughter calls it. So yes I agree that it is a miracle."

Calm in Ky (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now."

stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've been taking it for 2-3 years now and is the only thing that helps my panic attacks, consoling and other things just don't work for me. I was taking 1mg 3x a day but I'm down to 2x a day."

hollylaine May 14, 2014