User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Bipolar Disorder

"I have been using 2 mg of clonazepam at night for over 3 year with 60 mg of fluoxetine in the morning. I have found I feel much better than the regimen of seroquel, clonazepam, wellbutrin, fluoxetine and atarax I was previously on. I find the clonazepam works better than tegretol, valproic acid or lithium for me. Clonazepam has anti-seizure properties as well as anxiolytic properties that work well for me along with with the mood lift Prozac gives. I recommend it if you have Bipolar Disorder."

Kirk01 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went without night time sleep for 3 months even more. I was about ready for the hospital. Clonazepam was the miracle that gave sleep back to me. I am grateful to this medicine. I have bipolar disorder. The other mood stabilizer that is now working better than any others I have been on is Lamictal. I am really happy to where I've come to be. It's a good place."

roseofsharon-butterfly February 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "When a person has mental symptoms , they're supposed to have medical workup always. The reason is many medical conditions mimic mental illness until treated. Then zero symptoms forever (mentally). If a person has Myxedema (severe hypothyroidism), gets misdiagnosed as mentally ill (schizophrenia, bipolar, delusional d/o, depression, anxiety ...all common MISDIAGNOSES in thyroid disease), Klonopin can induce coma. This happened to me and then they realized I was not mentally ill. Had no symptoms since healing from this dreadfully dangerous drug. Read "Physical Illness presenting as Psychiatric Disease" before taking any psych drug. Any sedative, hypnotic, even Advil can cause MyxedemaComa 40%chance death. See Iatrogenic Coma & other articles."

Misdiagnosed and coma (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Not quite strong enough for me by itself, but it helped me sleep easier during the roughest period of my life (losing my mother) when combined with xanax, ativan, Halcion, lamictal, and risperdal (though I did have problems with the risperdal - but I put that there)."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Horrible side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am diagnosed with Bipolar I, and I get psychotic and paranoid when manic. I also have severe, debilitating anxiety since I was a young child. Finally, my psychiatrist found the right drug combo, which is seroquel, remeron, klonipin, and temazepam for sleep. I have been in remission for 5 years, hold down two very demanding and stressful jobs. I do not feel over drugged and I am so happy with Klonipin for my anxiety. I take 3 mg daily, 2.5 at night and .5 in the am. No side effects, my mind is sharp as a tack and no mood swings or psychosis for 5 years!! I think everyone's bodies are different and what works for some may not for others. I have not raised my dose in over 5 years and I have no high feeling or any cognitive side effects."

adsfalknaf August 3, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My experience is very similar to Manuel123 reviewed here. With Bipolar Disorder, once you learn how to recognisance when you are feeling a little high this drug is excellent to reset back to normal. For me it's just 0.25mg before bed when needed. I tend to wait for Friday night as will make it harder to work on a workday. That way you can relax in bed on Saturdays due to good half-life of product. Much to say I have been on various BPD drugs thorought the years since 20's, now mid-30's, and find this is the best and works for me for self medicated management. Take care guys."

DubiousLynx July 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking Klonopin, on and off, for almost ten years now. There are so many varieties that I don't know which ones work for me anymore. The doctors all tell you it's the same thing. If that's the case, why have I stopped and started so many times? The most common reason is tolerance, i suspect. However, it has been my observation over the last 10 or so years, that the different colors, sources, and whatever "fillers" that are in some of these clonazepam, alter the effects too randomly. As sufferers of the horribly misunderstood disorder, we should have more resources to find out what is in these and more insight into which ones favor our individual bipolar characteristics."

Randazzle :) (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great for "resetting" at bedtime when feeling a little upswing with Bipolar. I have noticed after a day of being a little up, the Klonopin drops the intensity and brain energy nicely to allow for rest and relaxing. I do notice that if I don't take it, because I may not feel like I need it one night, that it is harder to get to sleep. I also have experienced some short term memory loss when taking 1.5 mg (3 x .5 mg) the next day. It has also helped me with anxiety when depressed. Great drug!"

Manuel231 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This Clonopin does not work at all. It makes me nauseous and irritable. It also gives me acne. They were out of the yellow tablets so they gave me the pink ones instead. I will not take these pain pills anymore."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking klonopin for several years. I find it helps more than the short-term benzos like Xanax and Valium. For one with BPD, Bipolar, and Anxiety Attacks, this pill is a godsend. I usually do not advocate pharmaceuticals, but I have never had my anxiety quelled like klonopin does. It is highly effective for any type of anxiety, and stops panic in its tracks after 15-20 mins of administering. This is the only pill that i'm on that I advocate. The only warning I have is that it has high potential for dependence, and the body gets used to having it constantly. Sometimes it requires upping the dosage. PLEASE start on 0.5 mg. If your dr starts you on 1mg, it will bring on extreme fatigue, and decreased motor function."

Veronica P. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was diagnosed at the age of 15 with Bipolar. I really never understood why that was my disgnosis.. maybe cause of my horrible depressions at a very young age and well having to go thru alot very early in life might have been the cause of that. I suffered alot from Anxiety or panic attacks and i must say that Klonopin has been the best drug i have ever had, even better than Xanax. It relaxes me instead of that sedation feeling Xanax used to give me and also last longer. I can now sleep better as well. So in conclusion Klopin is amazing and way better than Xanax and ofcourse this is to my opinión"

JackieA87 November 8, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Don't take it for longer than 1 month. I'm addicted to 4 mg daily and I can't get off. Side effects - Short-term memory and long term memory are gone (REALLY GONE), I'm so so tried (I sleep all day) and I have 0 motivation. It's amazing for short term anxiety of all kinds. Just do not get addicted. IMO max 1-2 mg for max 1 mth. 2 year user. 27 yo male. Kills anxiety in it's tracks but not to be used long term. Look into Nardil/Parnate if SSRIs fail. Asenapine is great if you need your racing thoughts controlled. DO NOT LET ANY PSYC GIVE THIS TO YOU LONG TERM"

Ash10105 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been taking clonazepam for two years, then slowly stopped taking it. A couple weeks after not taking it, I had a grand mal seizure. Then a few more smaller petite seizures after that. I started up clonopin again and bam. No more seizures. It is a great drug for my BPD but I will caution you to talk to the doc before stopping it."

It helps but there's a catch September 25, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Much less effective than mylan"

Bipoldog September 17, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "2 mg. wafers as needed, usually twice daily, stops panic dead in its tracks and as soon as I feel my thoughts racing, Klonopin Wafers bring me back to reality within 10 minutes."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin helps my social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder associated with Bipolar Disorder I. I've been taking 1mg twice per day for 8 years and works great. I'm able to get things done without thinking something terrible is going to happen."

chrisbce (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have bipolar 2 disorder and of course clonazepam remedies my anxious manic states with speed and grace."

Frozenaddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take 2mg 3 x a day. I don't feel weird. I feel normal. No side effects noted."

Dirty Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2014

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014