User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Klonopin

Clonazepam has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 83% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

SparkWizzz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2016

“I have ERD - Emotional Regulation Disorder (aka BPD, Borderline Personailty Disorder) & C-PTSD - Complex Post Tramatic Stress Disorder...OMG has this medication helped, I had so many symtoms with the two disorders I would of been better off in hell, afraid to go places, thought people were looking at me, paranoid, agoraphobic, lived in the house like it was prison a pure hermit, had to get girlfriend to cut my lawns, afraid neighbours were looking at me and judging me, pure panic and low self esteem, if someone emotionally or physically hurt me i would explode with rage and really do damage to them, scratching my head till i was leaving bald pathches and biting my nails till there was nothing left, self harm to escape the emotional pain.”

YinzerGirl · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 14, 2017

“I suffer with BPD (Borderline Personality) Major Depression, and Generalized Anxiety. I've taken Clonazepam as needed for a few years now. It's not something you should take DAILY like an antidepressant. That's where you get into abusing it. Taking it as needed, which for me is maybe once per week if that, helps. I get mentally and emotionally wound up and Clonazepam helps tremendously with just stopping it. Imagine crying your eyes out for hours and there's nothing that can make it stop, then you take a Clonazepam. Within a few minutes the extreme emotions just fall away and you can just breath and relax. In short, if it's taken right, it's a lifesaver. If you have an addictive personality I wouldn't tempt it.”

Bud · Taken for 10 years or more June 28, 2018

“Clonazepam has made a new life for me. I agree with the experience of the first reviewer; waking up is so nice with clonazepam. I would suggest that anyone taking this medication just learn all about its usage, dosage and side effects. I will say very bluntly, life isn't worth the struggle without clonazepam.”

Weasel · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2018

“I was prescribed Clonazepam 2mg yesterday and already it has made a difference. I did not wake up angry this morning and am feeling more chilled out than l have done for several years. Over the past decade l tried every antipsychotic medication there is with no success but now with Clonazepam l have hope!”

Lovro · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2021

“I have BPD, OCD (Pure O(intruisive thoughts)) and dissociation that comes from anxiety. I was tried all sorts of benzos and my opinion is that Klonopin works the best for anxiety and comorbid conditions, it helped me put me in balance and the more I take it (longer period of time) I see improvements of my general mental health because it clears my brain fog caused by anxiety. I am able to think straight and is helping me to put in check symptoms that I can not control my own I take it for 2 weeks, 0.5-1 mg per day with few days off, for now it works great. Also I use omega 3 and do cognitive exercises just to prevent some cognitive deficits like memory loss because of benzos. Ofc, like all benzos be careful taking it and if you don't need it don't take it, don't use it for experiencing some highs or something, benzos are extremely dangerous if you get hooked up on them, wish you all the best and good health✌”

OnTheBorder · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2021

“I currently am taking clonazepam 0.5mg three times daily as needed. I also take Vyvanse 50mg once daily to treat my ADHD. I noticed almost immediately that these two medications seemed to balance each other in a very positive way. The Vyvanse counters the fatigue and mental fog that is common with benzodiazepines, while the Clonazepam counters the tremors, excessive sweating and elevated heart rate that I occasionally experienced as a side affect from the Vyvanse. But overall, Clonazepam has saved my life, I truly mean that. It’s helping me stay stable enough until my long term medications reach their proper levels can take over as primary pharmaceutical treatment in combination with DBT. This is of course my personal experience, everyone’s brain is very different, especially when it comes to us Borderlines. Keep researching, keep discussing with your doctor, I promise you that you will find the right combination of medication and therapy. Stay safe my friends :).”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder