User Reviews for Clonidine

Also known as: Catapres, Catapres-TTS, Clonidine ER, Duraclon, Jenloga, Kapvay, Nexiclon XR

Learn more about Clonidine.

Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 1 reviews 4 medications

6.3
Bipolar Disorder 5 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Clonidine reviews 320 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Clonidine

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a heroin and oxicodone user for years. Do not take suboxone for heroin withdrawals it does not work at all it will make u take a trip to e.r. It does not work trust me. I had so much fear of stopping opiates because of the tremendous reaction going from heroin to suboxone that I stayed on oxy's. Well I went to detox and they gave me catapres and I had zero withdrawal symptoms. Trust me if u take heroin or opiates this medicine does and will work for you. It's a miracle drug. Don't let opiates ruin your life all you have to do is take this medicine and you will get your life back. Withdrawal symptoms had me so scared but I literally had no pain when I took this medicine. It works."

Jimbos September 24, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I would approach taking this drug with caution. I have M.E and am super-sensitive to drugs. I took 3 25mcg tablets over 24 hours as advised and felt awful. Panicky, detached, agitated, couldnt sleep, irritable. It was toxic to me. I would try half a pill to see if you can tolerate it. Ifelt like i was loosing my mind and would rather have night sweats! Hope this is helpful."

Sazzysaz September 23, 2016

For ADHD: "I have 6 kids.All with Adhd/Autisum. Clondine was a god sent to my kids....we tried so many types and doses of meds....this has been the best...thank you"

Mom of several (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Bin on herion off and on for 25 years did the methadone thing for a year but got kicked out the program it's crazy I don't drink but when I was on methadone I started drinking beer eventho I wasn't useing herion .I don't have any health issues and don't use any uther drugs going cold turkey I have about 20 0.3milligrams of clonodines I'm goin in will update in a week or so!"

IF 6WAS 9 September 12, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I started taking Clonidine for high blood pressure before I had any hot flashes. When I started having hot flashes I didn't think that the clonidine was helping me. I lost 30 lbs and I started to wean myself off of the clonidine because I was getting low blood pressure readings. OMG! I didn't realize how bad the hot flashes could be. I am now taking the clonidine more for my hot flashes than my blood pressure. The side effects I had from clonidine are dry mouth and eyes, constipation, and feeling tired. I use biotiene mouthwash to help with dry mouth. The constipation is frustrating so I take flaxseed oil and fish oil and I don't eat cheese. I take my doses of .1 mg at midnight and at 3pm so I am not tired at work."

Cookie Queen (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 9, 2016

For ADHD: "My son was 2 when prescribed Clonidine for his extreme insomnia and ADHD. I was terrified at first. His behavior was so scary and so was the thought of giving my 2 and now 3 year old a blood pressure medication. My son has turned three and is still on the medicine about .2 per day. I have for the first time been able to enjoy my son, sit with him, hold him, laugh with him. He has advanced in speech so much his speech therapy has stopped. He was finally able to relax for a moment to hear us. In turn, we are now able to hear him, experience his emotions and explore his thoughts. I have my child back."

Mommy Looking for Answers September 4, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Started clonidine Monday Aug 22nd, first dose that night. Not one private summer since!!!! Do be careful with alcohol!!! I sleep like a baby, don't sweat like crazy and Now my man can hold me all night."

CalmCool&Collected August 27, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed this as I could not take HRT as I have had breast cancer. tt was totally effective in stopping my hot flushes, and I couldn't have gont to work without it. I was on it for a few years, but I don't need to take it anymore, now I'm 63. I wasn't warned of any side effects, so I don't know if my slightly drier eyes (I wear contact lenses) and my migraines which I think got worse for a time, were due to my age or stress, or what. But it was an absolute godsend for hot flushes, and I wasn't aware of any other side effects."

Queen bee 126 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2016

Catapres (clonidine) for Tourette's Syndrome: "I was first diagnosed with tourette's syndrome (a lot of neck and facial twitching and some humming noises) when I was 14, when I was 18 who put me on Catapres and it was excellent! I only needed one pill a day at first, but then as I went off to college and law school and was under more stress and needed to increase to 2. I take them at night and it helps me fall asleep. I've found that not only will it last till my next dose, sometimes (If i'm having issues refilling my prescription) I can go up to 3 days without tics. I tried Clonidine, but for it wasn't as effective. If someone knows why i'm interested to know."

Anonymous August 25, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on suboxone for 5 years. I tapered slowly down to .5mg. I thought I'd be fine when I stopped. Nope. Had the usual symptoms of sub w/d. Pretty bad. On day 3 I called my Dr and demanded something to ease the pain and restlessness and nausea. He prescribed mW clonidine, gabapentin, and seroquel. I took the clonidine and gabapentin and slept for a lil while then woke up kinda like a zombie. I have to work tomorrow so I definitely will not be take anything before work. It did what it was supposed to do though. No muscle or joint pain. I'm relaxed and comfortable and I can finally sleep. So overall food deal. I may try just one or the other...clonidine or gabapentin. I don't wanna be the walking dead....."

Heather119 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "Best medicine ever! My insomnia is so bad mixed with my bi polar it's terrible! One night I'm up till the next day nd it's like when I close my eyes I'm right Back up, but not wit clonidine! VERY well sleeping aid, nd also helps with adhd"

bloopbloop August 14, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Severe menopausal hot flushes and night sweats, did nothing, still have severe night sweats and day time hot flushes!"

SnowBee August 10, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This medication saved me from all the horrible pain I was suffering. I stopped all the other meds (benzos and ambien) thanks to this med. it makes me tired but after a quick 30 minute nap I am ready for my day with no withdrawal symptoms. I am detoxing from suboxone and I am on day 8. Please try this medication if you are an opiate user and want to quit. Please do not get on suboxone. I was on it for 5 years. Yes, it changed my life and I am stable but for cheaper clonidine could have done the same and I wouldn't have to suffer another detox!"

Seviya (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Sharing my experience with clonidine for one reason, I had uncontrollable high blood pressure that no other blood pressure medicines could bring down. The Dr the tried me on Clonidine.. It took about 20-30 minutes to start working but it saved my life. The bad effects from clonidine that I've found, it makes me sleepy often and sometimes gives me cotton mouth. Either way, I'm still alive! Also clonidine is very affordable."

Misc1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "My oncologist put me on clonodine two days ago for nighttime hot flashes caused by chemo for breast cancer in 2009. My cancer was estrogen based, so I can't do HRT. I'm on an estrogen blocker. My hot flashes start immediately when I go to bed, and it takes me several hours to go to sleep. After taking the clonodine the first night, I slept from 10 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep due to the hot flashes. Last night I got 4 hours of intermittent sleep with no change in hot flashes. Little sleep coupled with the drowsiness side effect of the med is really kicking my butt. Since it's really not helping with the hot flashes, I'm not taking it anymore. I'll live with the hot flashes."

GeorgiaGirl67 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Under treatment for 5 years for Peripheral Neuropathy & severe burning pain in toes, feet, ankles & lower legs. W/Pain doctor, used 30mg Oxycodone 3X/day + 1.2 grams of Gabapentin 4 times/day + (at max.) 20 mg of Methadone, 4X/day. On Methadone for 2.5 years. Oxy for 4 years. Did a 6-month slow weaning off Methadone. Feeling much better now, but STILL get an occasional hot flash and massive sweats. Then, went "cold turkey" on the (FOUR YEARS of) Oxycodone. .Started Nucynta Extended Release: 150mg 2X/day. And used 0.3mg of Clonidine 3X/day for withdrawal. But WD was still pretty bad. Used frequent Medical Marijuana to handle WD symptoms."

Gary in New Hampshire (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Will try soon.. Nothing else to hold on to.."

YOGAROGAKAKUNASAROGA (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I'd been having hot flashes at night for over 1 month but wasn't sure if that is what they were Finally spoke to my doctor who suggested an HRT or clonadine. I chose clonadine as I have the occasional high blood pressure and switched from a prescribed bp medicine to a natural remedy after 6 mths and getting it down. Clonadine worked that very night. I was getting hot flashes during the evening usually starting around 8.30pm. He warned me how it would make me sleepy, so I take it from 7-8pm at night and am asleep by 10pm. This way I am awake by 6-7am with no residual tiredness. I am on the .1mg. I now have the .025mg which I want to try, 3 at once. This is to lose the 5 pnds I gained at my waist since I stared the clonadine hence the 9."

51 yrs old July 23, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a trash can to say the least. A normal day over a 4 year period consisted of .2 of dope, 4/pure 15mg oxys, 2/10mg methadone, a little coke, 2/10mg adderall. Ishould b dead . I checked into detox and was given .1mg clonidine and 1mg ativan 2x a day for 3 days. Im on day 7 now of detox and 4 days off clonidine. Its a wonderful drug. It doesnt take 100% of wd away but atleast 80% of wd were kept at bay. The ativan makes you sleep through the majority of wd. But on day 5 I felt better than I had in years! After day 4 its a mind game of the fear of living without opiods, just stay busy and youll pull through. Trust me I never thought id pull through"

Yourstry July 12, 2016

For Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated: "I absolutely have to say this drug is a miracle. I have severe insomnia and clonodine helps me greatly. I mean it completely knocks me out at night and I do not wake until the next morning. Which is just a wonderful thing for me and my long journey of struggles with insomnia."

adwarren (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed .05 mg twice a day (half a .1 mg tablet in a.m. and p.m.) for night sweats associated with early perimenopause. It worked perfectly with no side effects and I could again sleep through the nights. I took clonidine for approximately 9 months then went off the medication for 3 years. This year the night sweats came back and I've resumed taking the same dose of clonidine with the same wonderful results. It is a minimally invasive solution for a very disruptive problem."

894540 July 7, 2016

For Anxiety: "Started taking clonodine BID for severe anxiety (GAD, PTSD, PD), in conjunction with my benzos (PRN). I have tried almost everything else on the market and this was the first time I was really impressed with the effects. The first week and a half I appreciated the intense drowsiness but I powered through because I physically felt relief from my racing heart. Surely this medicine isn't for everyone, but it sure helps me."

AlPal July 6, 2016

For Hypertensive Emergency: "I now know how a baloon feels when it is deflated. I went to ER with 195/145. Clonidine brought it down very quickly. Only side effect was serious drowsiness shortly after. Thanks clonidine."

Bill Adams26 July 4, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been doing opiates since i was 14, started with percocets, then oxy 10s got up to 10 80s a day by 19, then heroin at 22 , smoked 2 grams a day, plus 200mg methadone. in April i was introduced to fentanyl powder, i started at 0.1, it knocked me on my ass, within a month i was smoking 3 grams a day PLUS 200 mg methadone. I cold turkeyed for 3 days, couldn't stand the pain, i was literally SCREAMING like a little girl, so i took 100mg methadone, still VERY sick, for 3 days. Checked myself into a treatment centre, COLD TURKEY for 30 days. I am 30 days clean today, i have a 0.1 mg prescription of clonidine. It helps sort of i take it at nights for RLS. I haven't slept more then 2 hoursin 36 days but am feeling 80%. Sleep in a hot bath"

GaroH July 2, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This is my second attempt at withdrawing. My first attempt was back in February of 2016 from hydromorphone tabs 1mg x 16 a day. I went cold turkey and had no help except I used a bit of information from the Thomas recipe it was a bit helpful but my experience was horrific for a solid week. I started taking OxyContin 5/325mg a couple of months later cuz I couldn't take the pain and now I'm up to 10 a day and in a mess again. I went to the ER and asked for help with detoxing they gave me clonidine and lorazepam and I have to say I'm starting day two of the withdraw and I'm not feeling totally myself but their is less sweats and chills, the anxiety is almost nil. It's really helped me. i am even able to talk to people without any anxiety."

wendy dee June 14, 2016