User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Crohn's Disease

"OMG! I was given this for colitis and had the worst side effects ever! Initially, I just had bad headaches, dizziness and vomiting. Doctor prescribed anti- nausea medication for nausea and said to take Tylenol. By day 4 of a 10 course I am having crazy thoughts, nightmares and even hallucinated a super scary being . Scared my husband and child screaming my lungs out in terror. Off the scale anxiety, agitation and hysterical crying which caused me to melt down at my job of 30 years! This has been a complete nightmare. The side effects are heinous and can have long term consequences. For your sake and sanity stay far far away from this dangerous drug! I took it for colitis and still have pain so not sure if it even helped."

Anonymous April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Cipro for Crohn's for about 10 years. It has kept me in remission and I really have not suffered any side effects. I have a fistula and this has kept me from getting any bad abscesses. No real dietary restrictions to speak of (other that dairy within a few hours of taking dosage)."

Mattski December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "This medicine keeps me well and out of hospitals. I've been on it for almost 20 years and the only time I get symptoms is when I've tried going off of it and end up in the hospital, only to return to using it. Lifesaver for me."

Anonymous April 2, 2011