User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1604 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Depression: "I am taking Sertraline. Started about two months ago. It is a Rolla coaster. 50mg for now. Depression for me is a 30 year battle. I like the numbness it brings at times."

MrNatural1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Ok so this is my first review. I had been suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks for about 5 months it completely changed my life for the worse. I stopped all the things I used to enjoy I didn't go to the gym and I wasn't physically active. I felt safe in my room not socialising as this did not cause me to panic. However it was a downward spiral from there. The reason that I felt safe at first was because my anxiety was from my heart beating fast and I was always aware of it ( weird right.) I wanted to avoid all things that would trigger my panic attacks. gotta cut it short so I took 50 mg zoloft and after the first day I haven't had one single panic attack and feel 10x better. I still have a little anxiety but only on my 5th day."

Jack__ January 22, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug distorted my son and took his life. Stay away and learn to cope with you problems through natural methods. So what if you are OCD, deal with wanting to make sure your bar of soap sits squarely in the dish. It's a much better than killing yourself. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!"

Bill Moryto January 22, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi all I've started this medication about six weeks ago after 9 years on Venlafaxine 75mg, the Venlafaxine had terrible side effects if you missed one tablet boy did it remind you. The first few days on Sirtraline seemed ok but then followed sickness and stomach pains and severe anxiety. I've just upped my dose to 100mg two days ago and feel like hell, racing thoughts, anxiety, on edge, just want to shut myself away but can't because of my job and kids, it's truly heartbreaking. My doctor doesn't know I've upped my dose I needed to act as could feel myself crashing. I've had CBT and that was great whilst you have the treatment but then all that support just stopps and your going it alone again. I just hope this will start working soon."

LukaLois January 22, 2017

For Depression: "I was put on this medication and found it to be useless, it just made me worse, my brain just went dead, I could not think what to do, there were no memories of my past, I had no thoughts, I just felt so numb and unreal, and it was agony dealing with it, I was just a walking zombie. So after a month I just stopped taking it, I told my doctor I had stopped, because of the reasons I described. I have been on all sorts of medication, but nothing really did any good what so ever. I decided not take any more medication, and gradually over time, a long time, I did eventually get back to being nearly normal. I still have days where I don't feel right, but I prefer that to being a zombie."

Dunozo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "After a little over two months taking 50mg of Zoloft, I feel happier, calmer, less anxious about things, I look forward to things again, I enjoy things I had forgotten I cared about, I laugh more, I enjoy sex more (when I am depressed my mind is on other things whenever I wanted to have sex). I sleep whole nights, I used to wake up in the middle of the night EVERY night, and stay awake for 1-2 hours before falling asleep again. I wish I had tried it sooner. Part of me wants to quit taking it now to see if I feel better still without the side effects (such as crazy vivid dreams, lower libido than when I am not depressed, yawning, etc.) but I think I am fooling myself. It is not perfect, but so much better than I could've hoped."

Nailbiter (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "This drug has ruined my life. I was prescribed this drug 3 months ago. I had severe side effects with more intense feeling of anxiety, extreme lack of appetite (ate only small snacks of for 3 days) and problems with erectile dysfunction. After taking it for 6 days I consulted with a pharmacist and decided to get off the medication. And did so by reducing it's dosage in a span of 2 days. It's been almost 3 months since I've taken it. And I still have Erectile Dysfunction, which is depressing. Now I'm seeking treatment for it... I hate the thought of having to rely on ED medication for the rest of my life because of what this drug has done to me. But I feel that might be the case now."

Ryan747 January 17, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Did not work. I always felt hungry, and gained weight."

Carly7495754 January 15, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "So. Long story short I attempted Suicide 2 years ago.I am a 33y/o Female. I shot myself in the chest with a 9mm handgun. My current diagnosis is ~Bipolar type 2 Rapid Cycling ~Generalized Anxiety Disorder , that covers the whole spectrum, social anxiety, large crowds, a few people in a small room, moderate to severe depression and PTSD. My psychiatrist has been trying all kinds of medications. I got fed up with it . After taking prozac for a year with no improvement & then tried lamictal. I was awake for 9 days with the exception of 20 minute naps here & there. So I took 6 months taking nothing but the seroquil on nights I couldn't sleep and the xanax for anxiety & panic attacks. This will be the 5th medication I am trying. I'm scared 2 be honest"

suicide survivor January 14, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Half the reviews on here are a load of garbage. They range from "the side effects are too awful" to "It gives me more anxiety". Do yourself a favor and do not read to any review from anyone who has taken this drug for less than 8 weeks. If you are serious about reducing your anxiety, then grow some balls and give zoloft time to work. Yes, you're going to have a number of side effects in the beginning, ranging from drowsiness, nausea, sexual disfunction, loss of appetite, and even increased anxiety. Guess what, nearly all of these are going to disappear after the first two weeks. In fact, all of the side effects disappeared for me, and it wasn't until around week 8 that I felt the glorious power of this drug. GIVE IT TIME"

NP93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Suffered anxiety for years - rushing thoughts - always tense. Had psycho therapy for a while and although it cleared up a lot of things the anxiety persisted including OCDing over thoughts. Now after six years on day 4 of this stuff and I feel I got my life back. I feel like me again - no rushing thoughts and i can handle stress much better. So happy !!"

JackHollingee January 11, 2017

For Depression: "This medicine is allowing me to focus on what is important. Started on 50mg, had feelings of euphoria for the first couple of days, then a few of the regular side effects such as little sleep, nausea and suicidal ideation, which eventually all passed. I also had bloodshot eyes for a while, most likely due to lack of sleep and working night shift. I have gone up to 100mg as I was feeling anxiety effects in the evening and had started taking one at night as well as in the morning. I am not worrying about the smaller things, important events still cause me some anxiety but I am able to tackle them with a clearer mind instead of the anxiety crippling my ability for action. I can tell this medication will help me get my priorities in order."

JosephJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "A life of aniexty for as long as I can remember. Stress and events increased my aniexty which turned into depression. I felt like I was losing my mind and couldn't find the calm through the storm. After having what I'd call a melt down I knew it was more than I could do alone. Scared and shamed to take the medication route to find relief I put it off for so long. Finally I gave in and thought anything is better than how I was coping. After two weeks of laughing more, thinking/worrying less, and just waking up to a clearer mind I knew. I felt better taking my first step to a healthier, happier life. I have found 25mg has taken the edge off I needed. :) Never give up!"

CarMarie January 10, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This medicine has been a game changer for me. At first I was terrified of taking this drug. After reading Catholic Guide to Depression and much prayer I had the courage to take the medicine. I'm so glad I did. It actually reduced "body aches". I'm running again, 6 days a week. It's not a miracle pill, but a fantastic tool in defeating depression and body aches. Peace!"

Kim675123 January 10, 2017

For Depression: "I only took it once but that one time was enough to leave it. I took a 50mg pill and felt really foggy headed and really down. My depression got really worst and I slept all day. I really wouldn't promote this drug, I find meditating 10 times more useful than this drug."

Unknown User123 January 10, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've been on this for 10'yrs now, obviously it works but at 100 mg dose, too much! I've cut back to 50 mg and I'm fine. On 100 mg I had a lot of weight gain, like 30 lbs. I've lost a lot of weight now on 50 mg. I probably should go off of it but doc says if it works can stay on it. I worry no long term studies on this drug, but so far seems okay. My brother told me it can cause brain cells to die of w/long term use, he read it in L.E.F. magazine. Don't know if true, but helps my depression & anxiety so much that its worth staying on. Be happy and healthy, find what works for you. Good luck! "

tawisn January 8, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "VA diagnosed PTSD, MDD, GAD. I had an awful experience with lexapro and went to the va for another option. They started me off on 12.5mg of Zoloft/sertraline every other day to ease my transition into the medication. First time I took it the next day I woke up and had a big grin on my face the whole day. I have since gone upto 25mg and have had nothing but great experiences. Side effects are diarrhea and some nausea upon waking, but coffee and walking around seem to fix that right up. Everyone is different but Zoloft has saved my life from becoming a giant pit of despair"

Miscreant (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take this medication at 50 mg. once daily for the least severe form of bipolar depression usually the mild type. Additionally I take it for social anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, and the the slightest degree of obsessive compulsive behavior or thoughts due to anxiety and stress. It seems to also help with my emotions during Premenstrual Syndrome linked to depression. Zoloft has helped a lot. I also take Ritalin 20 mg. twice daily as part of the treatment, not to mention that I have suffered ADHD/ADD symptoms, too. Not a miracle drug, bit it works well giving me a lot of relief in my symptoms."

AshleyNave100 January 7, 2017

For Depression: "My 14 year old son has been on sertraline 25 mg for about 7 months for anxiety, it has really helped him a lot. But now he has become depressed, I believe school has a lot to do with it, because he just got into his second semester and now has a class called pace, and he has to go in front of the class and talk, he hates that, so today he had a little breakdown and refused to go to school and said he felt overwhelmed, so I took him to his doctor and the doctor upped his dosage to 50mg, but my daughter says it's not a good idea because it could trigger suicide, so I don't know what to do, my son is also in therapy."

Sweettx21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Early days as just starting this due to mirtazapine not working, difficult to rate yet but have high hopes for some relief from daily anxiety, affecting being unable to socialise and continue with normal life. Tried CBT but after 20 sessions no better. Your website is helpful with others experiences giving an insight. Will post again if successful."

Barabasnae (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

For Depression: "I've been taken this since April 22 and feel so much better I wish I would have gotten them along time ago I forget to take them but man when I'm off them I can't control myself I snap at everyone"

Hubbmary85 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started 25mg of Zoloft two weeks ago. My experience is different because I started taking it after 6 months on Prozac. On Prozac I ended up with paranoia, obsessive thoughts and certainty that I was going crazy, but didn't recognize it as a side effect of medicine. Finally, my therapist told me that Prozac must be making me crazy. As soon as I stopped Prozac and started Zoloft i felt better. I'm not yet sure if I feel better because I'm off Prozac or because Zoloft is working, but I'm calmer and feeling "normal". Still low and worried about everything."

Maggie111 December 31, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Long story short I finally felt compelled to try anti depressants. I had experienced depression for a couple of years and had bouts of anxiety. Last straw were symptoms similar to bipolar disorder. Like mania. I had been so reluctant to try meds. But man I'm glad I did. I'm sad I didn't try them before. My life these couple years would have been so much better, less traumatic. I started 50 mg of sertraline in July. Right away I noticed my mood improved. I used to be short tempered. Now I am more patient. I stopped crying every two days out of frustration due to my sons tantrums or misbehaviour.( challenging toddler) or from feeling overwhelmed with house work. Little by little that fog of depression started to dissipate. I am happy now."

MayraP December 30, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I went psycho while on this medication. Ended up in a mental hospital. I couldn't control myself!"

The one to take down Zoloft (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After at least a year of worsening anxiety, I tried essentially anything I could think of to manage it, but resorted to something I never wanted to: medication. I started off taking 25 mg once a night before bedtime and it made me have some really vivid and bizarre dreams (I probably dreamt more in the past month than I have in the last three years combined) and kind of felt like I hadn't slept at all the next morning. The day after I started taking it, I felt Really exhausted and depressed. The second day I felt almost manic but every day after that, I've felt amazing. No sickness to my stomach at thoughts that used to rule my life, and I've got so much more energy. Give it a shot and keep in mind that it can take a few weeks to help. :)"

Ckerased (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016