User Reviews for Sertraline

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Sertraline reviews 7.4 2,232 reviews

Reviews for Sertraline

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Over the last twenty odd years I have been on several different antidepressants which didn't work. Until I was prescribed Sertraline I wish I was prescribed this 20 odd years ago, but it's all trial and error."

shortynikki (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "If your reading the reviews and thinking how scary Zoloft sounds or thinking maybe you shouldn’t take it then you are like I was 6 weeks ago. THIS MEDICINE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE ALREADY. I’m on 50mg and may increase to 75 due to some nervous thoughts and occasional sensations of panic but it is nothing like it use to be. Before zoloft I wasn’t able to leave my house. I was having severe panic attacks multiple times a day. This medicine started working for me at 25mg 2 weeks after starting it. Doctor increased it to 50mg and this week I’ve noticed a huge difference. The only side affect I had was nauseous and upset stomach at first and then again when I increased to 50mg 2 weeks ago. Other than that I just feel better. Please give this medicine a try if you want a shot at a somewhat normal life. You owe it to yourself to put the fear aside and try to get better. Do this for you. I did and I was terrified to try it but I’m so so happy I did."

Zietygirl September 14, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been under citalopram for 3 moths but it made me worse. I m really scared for medication so I wasn't taking any medication for 6 months. I have palpitations tiredness and sometimes derealiazation disorder. My new doctor has prescribed me with Zoloft and clonidine. I'm still thinking whether to take or not as I have my job I'm scared to take it"

Sushi September 13, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "If society wouldn't shame people for taking medication for things out of their control, I would have and should have been on this medication as a child. 20 odd years late though, boy could life had been different. No looking back now!"

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Depression: "Doctor change me from Citalopram to Sertraline one week ago for long term depression and axiety and neg thoughts. The positives written here, gives me great hope. So slight improvement. Several say will take a few weeks / couple months . So will continue. Sorry some of you were a bit unlucky on it."

Chris September 11, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "First of all, I wanted to write this several years ago but somehow never got around to it. Zoloft has changed my life. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. In 2011 I finally started Zoloft. The first night I started my 25mg dose. The next morning I woke up and felt completely different. It was like a euphoric feeling. My body didn’t ache. I had more energy....fast forward 7 years. I still am using Zoloft and it has made me a better wife, more patient parent and overall less anxious and depressed."

Deedee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember (I began having anxiety at age 5, panic attacks at 10, agoraphobia at 11, depression/panic at 12, and I still suffer from anxiety and depression to this day). Zoloft definitely helped at first, but I almost feel like my body is becoming tolerant to it. Is that possible? It also definitely kinda sucks the life out of u."

rose44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My son had a k10 score of 31\50 and was prescribed 100mg Zoloft daily. He had a panic attack and killed himself. This is a known side effect of Zoloft and I blame it and a lack of active follow up by his doctor."

Juliaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Just take these reviews with a grain of salt. A lot of reviews after taking one day, couple weeks etc. you need a full three months for maximum effectiveness. Not that it takes that long to start getting relief. Side effects are common while your body adjusts. Some of them will go away. I had no troublesome side effects with Zoloft. I always have to start out gradually. Maybe even more than they say bc I’m sensitive to meds. I got big relief from depression. Panic attacks went away. OCD went away. The cons are it made me not very motivated, felt kind of numb to strong feelings. Not feeling urgency about my life. I wouldn’t take it again for years bc it blocked my clear perspective. But it was great to get me stabilized. Things that really help but can’t completely replace anti dep is fish oil, vit d, exercise, sunlight, folate like spinach , lentils really good. Also diet really helps. Get a book called the good mood diet. Best wishes"

Louann September 9, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I promised myself that I would write a review and try to help someone else if the medicine worked and boy did it!! This is truly a miracle pill. It helped me with everything including my panic attacks, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and OCD rituals. I’m free again able to live a calm life. I will say the first few weeks were brutal. I had every side effect, nauseous, diarrhea , headaches, dizziness, some minor hair loss and more. I prayed this pill would help me and it did. Before it I had no quality of life and, to me, the side effects were worth it. I stuck it out for 3 months and I’m back to my old self and even better. I had very dark days. The fear was paralyzing and I couldn’t function. I couldn’t get through the day without my Xanax 0.25 frequently and now Xanax free! I started with 50mg for a month and then 100mg for 8 weeks. Today, I’m working, exercising, being the mom I want to be and take stress better. My panic suffering is over. Thank you Lord and Thank you ZOLOFT!"

Miraclezees September 9, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Started on 50mg about two weeks ago for depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder -recently diagnosed with lupus- and severe panic attacks. All in which my symptoms were manageable up until the past four days where I wake up out of no where in a panic and it lasts all day until till I take my prescribed does of 1mg Xanax to level out and sleep. I was recently impatient and noticed I woke up with panic day two on the medication but figured it was situational since I’ve never been in a hospital setting like that. The panic grips and consumes me mentally and physically, like my skin is on fire but my blood is running cold. I feel like I can’t take this medication anymore. I shouldn’t have to take a Benzo to make another drug not make me sick. Also I’m loosing crazy weight from the nervousness."

MissPreston (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Postpartum Depression: "I just want to share my experience with Zoloft. I went through the hardest and scariest thing I had ever experienced after having my baby. I though I had gone crazy and had no idea that it was possible to have these symptoms after having a baby. I was very hesitant to take any meds especially because I’m breastfeeding but my dr highly recommend that I take a small dose of Zoloft. I filled the prescription but still didn’t take it until one day I woke up and couldn’t stop crying because of the horrific state that my mind was in. I decided that I could not do this alone. It took at least a month and a couple of dose increases but I am doing so much better now and I really want women to know that it’s ok to talk to your dr and get help. I’m so grateful that we now have access to this medication and I’m so glad that I stopped being stubborn and just accepted the help. There is absolutely no point in trying to conquer this horrific experience alone."

t (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Depression: "Feeling great, calm and not worried about a thing. My stomach is calm for the first time ever! A little tired and dizzy though, but not much. Taking it three days!"

No More! (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Zoloft is effective but side effects can be too much sometimes. However it totally eliminated my social anxiety."

Miraywa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I am so glad I stuck to this medication!! I was initially worried about taking meds- I didn't know how my body would respond. But my anxiety got to the point where it was unbearable. I could not eat for weeks thats how bad it got. I finally got prescribed Zoloft 25 mg for a week and increased to 50 mg. The first week I got some nasty side effects like nausea and insomnia but that all cleared up after 2-3 weeks. All I can say is give this medication some time to work- because it actually works!!! This Is my 7th week on Zoloft and the improvements I see in myself are amazing. The anxiety isn't completely gone but I am able to feel excited about life again and feel much calmer."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "When my doctor prescribed me Zoloft I was scared of the side effects and put off taking it for a few days. Now I could not be happier that I started taking it though. I have been on 50mg for almost 5 weeks and have not noticed any side effects.... my depression has gotten so much better. I wake up excited about the day and just feel generally happy and nothing feels so difficult anymore. I haven’t cried once since starting the medication whereas beforehand I was crying every day and all I wanted to do was lay in bed. My friends and family as well as myself have all noticed a huge difference in me. I’m so happy with my progress on Zoloft so far. I am hoping that it helps improve my general and social anxiety soon because I have not seen much of an improvement there but I know it can take 8 weeks. Definitely recommend this medication and don’t be scared to start taking it! The side effects are rare and it will be the best decision of your life."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've had PTSD since childhood. Outbursts of rage plagued me throughout most of my life. Lost a lot of jobs because of PTSD. Have been on Zoloft -50 mg for 4 months. Outbursts of rage have stopped. Big improvement for me. The downside of Zoloft for me is the loss of sex drive. I can live with it, since the absence of moments of rage is such a big improvement for me. When I first got on Zoloft, I had periods of drowsiness, but those have become less frequent. All in all, Zoloft has improved my life considerably. Too bad I can't go back to apologize to all the people who had to endure my past outbursts."

Wild (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Thank you for all the positive reviews. They are keeping me going. I’m 63 years old and starting suffering crippling panic attacks after a bad operation. Was hospitalised 3 times with them. I have been on 50mg sertraline for one week then 100mg for 3 weeks. Got every single side effect. But persevered . But the last 2 days have had terrible panic attacks again. I thought it would be ok by the 3rd week. Doctor has prescribed diazepam to help but I’m struggling. I will keep going but some reassurance from people who have experienced the same would be great. How long till all these symptoms are under control? It says that side effects stop after 2 weeks but you don’t feel the benefit till around 4 weeks so what happens in the 2 weeks in between? I need encouragement ☹️"

Granny55 September 2, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft for eight weeks now and apart from early headaches, irregular sleeping pattern and diminished libido, this has had a significant positive impact on my life in relation to my melancholy which had ruled every waking moment. It's not a magic bullet but I am feeling happier and more content. My blood sugar levels are perfect, I've lost weight, stopped chewing my fingernails and I've done nothing other than take this medication. I've tried various other meds with no success but this one, so far, has been wonderful. I take 50mg daily."

Ceasar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I suffered from social anxiety for as long as I can remember and I fell into a depression that left me unable to function when I was 22. I had problems with concentration, memory and I was suicidal in the end. I started using Zoloft 50mg and it made a huge difference after a couple of weeks. My head 'cleared', I could finally think and I started to be more outspoken. I actually liked being the centre of attention and I didn't find speaking with guys a problem anymore and started a relationship soon after that. Public speaking was still a problem but at least I could go through it quite clearheaded and not black out. It has been 6 years that I'm on Zoloft and my life is completely different. I am a little scared of the idea of taking it my whole life but I'm more scared of the life without it. I had minor side effects, like the shakes and vertigo but nothing else, I was lucky."

Holdegrade (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've had PTSD since I was an infant, but didn't recognize/accept/understand my functionally challenged life (as PTSD driven) until I was 44 (I'm now 54). I have tried antidepressants, mostly Prozac. I remember hearing that Prozac was the goto drug for PTSD (it wasn't for me) I've since tried Effexor (a few years ago, which may have made it worse) and most recently about 2 months ago (I'm up to 150mg/day) Sertraline. I have chronic pain in my lower limbs and I think that sertraline is even helping me with that. I was prescribed clonazepam for triggers/panic at the same time as the sertraline, but I think the sertraline is making that drug unnecessary. I've lost 10 pounds since I was prescribed sertraline - probably because after being sedentary for a decade I'm doing things again, leaving the house, making things happen, sweating and even laughing on occasions. Its not a magical pill that changes your life overnight. Once you are saturated though the results are remarkable."

Shattered Mind August 29, 2018

For Depression: "I started off at 25 mg to help with anxiety and depression and my doctor said it should help take the edge off cuz mine was pretty bad. That dose didn’t do much but when I went to 50 mg, I was still having those same symptoms but they were so mild and it was easier to handle. I told her I didn’t want to feel numb, and I don’t. I feel like myself, just a lot happier. I still get depression and anxiety but it’s improved 100%. I think this dose is perfect for me and my case."

LaurenB (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Though sertraline was extremely efficient in removing social anxiety, I was still struggling with depression and it was getting worse. I tried to up my dosage from 50mg to 100mg however this just made the side effects that I didn't want to have, much stronger (weight gain, low sex drive, extremely sleepy/not passionate) I did have much less social anxiety though. I recently heard about Wellbutrin, which is a stimulant rather than a sedative. I also read that it has a tendency to make people lose weight and it increases your sex drive and gives you more energy altogether. I figured if I combined Wellbutrin with Sertraline I could achieve a balance. I decreased my dosage of sertraline from 100mg back down to 50mg and added 150mg of Wellbutrin. It hasn't been very long (5 days) but my sex drive is back, I'm happy, energetic and passionate once again. The sertraline is helping with my social anxiety while the wellbutrin helps remove the side effects of sertraline that I can't live with."

somegirl August 27, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "This is my third day taking Sertraline 25 mg a day and next week I start 50mg a day. I have dealt with awful stress and anxiety the past few years but this last year has been the worst. Most days my heart will beat very fast and my throat tightens up when I think about the stressors in my life. The past three days on sertraline this has not happened. I know I am just starting to take it but I can already feel the effects. Although I still think about some stressful stuff, I do not have that "panic" I used to have. I feel more relaxed, able to get through my day better. My appetite has gone down, and my stomach does feel a bit nauseous most of the day. I haven't had any headaches so that's a plus. I am looking forward to what this medication does in a month or so."

abcdefg1234 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for : "Was prescribed this by my doctor for anxiety. I think the dosage was a little high, I believe I took 100mg the first night and experience absolutely terrible symptoms. I was facing extreme fatigue (almost passing out during dinner), cold sweats, insomnia during the night of taking it, nausea, and much worse anxiety due to these symptoms, dizziness/dry mouth. After that night I vowed to never touch an SSRI again. I know this drug can work miracles for others, just sharing my personal experience."

Stevie D (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...