User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1450 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Good drug"

Mohammed Yousif September 27, 2016

For Depression: "At the moment I am having an episode of severe depression and anxiety which has been extremly debilitating for the last 2 months. Im unable to work, socialise or even speak to anyone at the moment. As this is the worst ive ever felt I decided i now need medication. I have been on 50mg setraline for almost 2 weeks. I take it in the morning. I have had trouble sleeping some nights as I just feel wide awake. It has stopped me sleeping through the day which I was doing a lot of. When I do eventually sleep it is a bit hard to get up in the morning but once up im fine. Ive had a couple of good days and bad. I sometimes feel a little 'wired'. Ive invested in a herbal tablet to help me sleep at night. Im hoping I will feel "normal" again soon!"

Flo1 September 26, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I was put on Zoloft by my doctor for panic attacks about sleeping/falling asleep after she felt I was too dependent on Clonazepam. This definitely worked for anxiety, however I gained around 30+ pounds in a little over a year and a half. I was still exercising regularly and eating normally. It started slowly and then one day none of my pants fit me anymore. The last straw was when I went to the doctor for my yearly check up and was 200 pounds. I weaned myself off of it, and almost immediately I felt less bloated. It has been a little over a week and I'm suffering terrible dizziness and headaches. I'm determined to never be on this crap again."

sleeplessinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

For Depression: "i have severe depression, bipolar & anxiety....i started on 50mgs for about 5 months and felt a little different as in a better mood....still had problems sleeping and felt anxious alot, went back to the doc and boosted up my dose to 100mg and also added Buspar 7,5mg twice a day and a low dose of clonopin.....Feeling great! I would say these are a miracle, back to my old self and loving it!"

Tans77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Im 18 and this is the first medication I've been on. I've been taking it for around 2 and a half months. I find has had helped me massively however I get so tired its unbearable I also get mild headaches a lot. I find this medication has been a life saver, I can now actually reply when people speak to me."

Unknown1998 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Definitely helps my depression although I still get random bouts of it at times but no improvement whatsoever in my social anxiety. Can't do any of the things normal people do, talking to people, being in stores, etc. Also every time I increase it triggers me too feel more depressed and suicidal for at least a week then it leaves. It didn't help the anxiety part for me but I hope it works for someone else."

Anonymous188 September 23, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had high hopes for Zoloft, SSRI #3 that was tried. I didn't experience ANY side effects getting on it until about day 14, when I noticed my depression was getting very bad. I was getting mood swings (and I don't mean highs and lows, I mean neutrals and super lows) so my doc suggested I get off of it. I didn't notice it helping. It made me feel more emotional."

missschris (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This is about my woman who is on zoloft...... Two years with my woman we never needed any lube. Now I'm worried she is like a desert. Calmer now that her little zoloft friends in "her head" tell her to stay calm it's OK. I'll keep you up to date with her "progress" with her voices "

PuddlesDriedUp September 21, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I started taking this medicine over a week ago... And let me say I feel WAY worse then I ever did. I started Zoloft 12.5g Bc I was feeling depressed and had anxiety well it's gotten worse I feel stuck... Heads foggy.... Worsing anxiety... Have no emotions... Panic attacks... Can't sleep.... Can't consintrate... Can't shower... Can't eat... Idk whether to stick it out or try a new medicine all I know so far this has been the worst thing ever!! I just want to go back to my old self:("

lainalaina99 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "So I have been given sertraline to take at 50mg i have just come back from a&e because I woke up at 3am and my heart was pounding out my chest resting rate of 125! The doctor done an ecg checked me over by then my heart rate had gone down and said its my anxiety and it's just the tablets working and I now have propanalol 10mg to take twice a day other than the heart rate issue I don't have any other side affects which I'm pleased about! Has anyone else had this issue too or is it just me!"

Loopylou92 September 19, 2016

For Postpartum Depression: "My son was born toward the end of October and I've been taking the medication since then. It's been working great up until about a couple weeks ago, with family oriented drama and moving to a better location (packing everything myself then unpacking when we got settled in) all the while taking care of my son. Just seems like i need a higher dose. I had a moment when me and my bf were arguing and our son started crying and all I could do was laugh. I couldn't stop. Also noticed I've been spacing out more then normal... Gonna talk to my doctor and see if a higher dose would be better."

Kimmy071791 September 19, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Worst medication I've ever been prescribed for anxiety and depression. Took it for a little over a month (50 mg) with absolutely no change in symptoms. Absolutely not my doctors fault, she wanted to try something new to see if that would have a better affect on my mental health. Originally I was on Lexapro 20 mg and have since gone back to that. I feel like this really made my mental health worse and not better."

StressedMessExpress September 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I'm on day 3 of zoloft I think I'm going to stop I feel angry more depressed no motivation to do anything, feel like I can't handle my kids. Super dizzy and over it like 10x more suicidal then I've ever been. Also kind of feel numb and like I can't think properly. Not a good feeling and I don't think its worth waiting it out..."

Mumof321 September 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I just started taking a generic Zoloft a few days ago for my Border line personality disorder/ anxiety . The first day, I felt very sluggish, like a zombie. I feel sick, and I got plenty of sleep last night, however, I do not know how I'm going to be able to go to work today. I feel like I have no motivation, and it gives me such a bad sick feeling, that I can't stick through. I'm trying though, but if the sickness, sluggish, numbing of the mind thing doesn't go away, I'm going to discontinue taking this medicine. I feel like I can't think what so ever because Zoloft is numbing my mind."

Kayladawns September 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Take this with a grain of salt, only took it once, but that once was enough. Took it at night, few hours later became very restless and only got 3 hours of sleep that night. Next day, it was still there and came with fury. Muscle aches everywhere, body twitches, everything. Had to take 10mg hydro to take the pain away, but still felt it even with that. Never taking it again, that pain was unreal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Hi I have had severe depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts for over a year I was put on 50mg sertralin and felt great then increased to 100mg within days felt awful so now back down to 50mg has anyone else had this experience?"

Katyfin (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Depression: "I'd been doing very well after I quit drinking and illicite drugs over 10 years the my mother came down with cancer and I helped her through hospice and besides physical health problems I was diagnosed with depression. The dr put me on the 50 mgs generic zoloft and I didn't emediately feel a change but my fellow workers at my job did first and asked if I'm alright? Your not getting angry anymore. It's helped for about 5 years as my wife and I have been going through some serious medical problems of getting older. About a month ago I would just start breaking out in tears as I would be driving the car of at home watching TV for no apperent reason I could find. I asked my doctor if increasing it would help and it has after about 3 days!"

Sobermichael (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 15, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "My life has changed in so many positivecways since trying Setraline three months ago. The side effects were hard but only lasted the first 3 weeks or so. I felt tired But couldn't sleep, upset stomach, feeling out of it, clenching my jaw at night, weight loss due to no appetite. But after the first month all of that went away. I then felt happy everyday. My mood evened out. I don't feel upset over things or have anxiety. I've become more outgoing. I wish I would have tried this year's ago. Just try not to miss any pills. I take mine in the morning. At first I read so many bad reviews I almost gave up on it but I'm so glad I didn't."

Dreamer13497 September 15, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have been suffering from pmdd for years. It has had a tremendous impact on my relationships. Every month around that time I just wanted to leave my marriage. I was irritable beyond understanding and felt like punching something if I got angry. I would cry at the drop of a hat. I just wanted to be alone. I tried exercise, diet and natural remedies but it was never enough. I felt like I had a ball of metal in my stomach. I would scream and yell and get upset if you looked at me the wrong way. It was horrible. On zoloft I feel calm and stable. I have had no side effects. It has been a saving grace. My kids and husband are amazed. Thumbs up for zoloft. It saved me."

the lynster September 14, 2016

For Depression: "I have been taking sertraline 50mg for the past 4 months or so. At first I utterly hated the medication. Half an hour after I took my first dose, I had the worst panic attack of my life. I started to cry, I was shaking, my BPM sky rocketed, & I wanted to die. I also completely lost my appetite, in the first two weeks I lost about 6-7 pounds, & I am small to start. Eating became a chore. I kept reading this drug was successful when you stuck with it. My appetite eventually came back, but I still needed the edge off. Went to my psychiatrist, he added Propanonol 10mg 2x/day & I feel so good now all the time. My depression is gone it seems, my aniexty has drastically faded, & my self confidence is restored. It was a rough start, but worth it."

KnightRain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Depression: "This med works so well for me. However, I went through nearly a DOZEN other meds before hitting the jackpot. My particular form of depression leaves me tearful all the time, and over the most trivial of things: a song or poem, a touching TV commercial, even a good restaurant meal! It's hard to exist in the world when things--good and bad--leave me so emotionally moved. And without Zoloft I will get obsessed with things like a tragic news story (would spend days reading every detail I could find), or even manically getting interested in finding all I could about some random subject (history of alchemy, the witness protection program, the practice of crop rotation, etc.). This goes beyond curiosity. Long story short: Zoloft works for me!"

Kolo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed 50mg of this drug to overcome my depression and anxiety due to a stressful situation in my life. I lasted 4 days on this drug. I had brain fog, headaches, dizziness and heightened anxiety, which made me feel worse. The doctor did warn me that it can make side effects worse for 4-6 weeks, then you gradually start to feel better. He asked me to persevere with it, but as a mother of 2 young kids, I couldn't handle the side effects. I was literally bed ridden. I had to ask my mother to help me with the kids, as the side effects were too much. I called my doctor and relayed the symptoms to him and was advised to discontinue the drug, if I felt it was too much. It took 2 days for the side effects to wear off."

Hashtaghanginthere September 11, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Postpartum Depression: "I thought I was going crazy. I developed PPD at 3 months postpartum. My symptoms manifested in Anxiety. I had zero control over the fear and panic. I stopped eating, I threw up all day. I couldn't even hold my baby without feeling nausea. You hear so much about postpartum depression but women need to be aware of postpartum anxiety. It's very real. It took 4 trips to the ER for me to accept that I wasn't dying, that I just had PPD and I needed to give my Zoloft a chance. It saved my life! Zoloft is so wonderful. It gave my children their mother back. Zoloft will take your anxiety away. It will! My side effects were very little. But then they went away. Iv only been on Zoloft for 2 months now and I'm a better person then ever before."

SamBitto September 11, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "During a stint in the hospital, I took the generic for about a month with lithium, seroquel and lamictal. I also recieved Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation during that time. I was very hopeful about all of these treatments, but things got worse. I am normally a very verbal person who expresses herself by writing, making jokes, etc, but after a few weeks of these combined treatments I found it much more difficult to write, and I still do; 4 months later."

Lucy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have OCD & PTSD. Zoloft is the only medication I've been prescribed. I have been taking it for 3 months, but am overjoyed at the results. I started at 25 mg. It took a month to start working. The first thing that I noticed was that I didn't feel as depressed anymore, and I lost the urge to do most of my compulsions. I am now taking 50 mg and barely have any anxiety anymore, and intrusive thoughts do not bother me anymore, though I do frequently have nightmares similar to the intrusive thoughts I used to have. I also have headaches and occasional diarrhea, but the benefits far outweigh these minor inconveniences."

Ash Ketchum September 10, 2016