User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1541 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Depression: "Well I was taking Lexapro for about 7 months. My second day on it was breath taking and great! Life changing honestly! However 8 months later the depression came back & almost worst. Today is my first day on zoloft & I feel so much better from the way I woke up. I'm ready to follow home, clean, cook & kiss all over my babies! I'm taking 50mg right now. I hope this helps someone that's willing to try it out"

Lala Jackson (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Alright so I've been on 100mg of Zoloft for a while and I'm supposed to start 200mg tomorrow and I'll be honest, it's done absolutely nothing for me personally so far.. I'll be starting Risperidone and coming off this one. I've had no side effects as well as no positive effects what so ever, it's a very weak medication, basically like drinking water. I guess if your symptoms aren't bad at all and you want an easy way out of your problems, then this could be the drug for you. These are the symptoms I experience and trying to medicate: Hypervigilence, jumpiness, sensitivity to sudden noises (like a door slamming shut), only experience emotional ''numbness'' or anger/rage, cloudy mind, disconnection/dissociation/depersonalization, etc."

CMan2792 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Overall a very good medication. It made me very drowsy when I first started on it but this passed after a couple weeks. It did a good job of keeping me stable. I would have loved to stay on it except I ended up developing severe urinary retention that got worse as my dose increased. (By severe I mean I was unable to sleep at night because I had to get up and pee every 5 mins and almost nothing would come out) After I went off it the urinary retention gradually went away and is now completely gone. Aside from that I got no noticeable side effects from it. I would definitely recommend this med, as urinary retention is a more rare side effect and I probably only experienced it because I am known to be sensitive to meds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

For Depression: "My story; I hope it gives strength & even though you feel like shit now with the RIGHT TREATMENT & DOSE YOU WILL GET BETTER. In a nutshell; abusive relationship, court case & bullying at work which resulted in me resigning. My "genious" GP thought it would be good for me to stop immediately my antidepressants (for anxiety). I got discontinuation syndrome. I fell into a deep depression & felt mentally unstable reporting to A&E twice. I was terrified & spent weeks just lying on the floor to stop me topping myself (totally out of character). Sertraline was given to me 50mgs increasing by 25mgs every 6 weeks until I reached 200mgs. 252 days of hell... but within 2 days on 200mg I immediately felt a change & hope - at last I was in recovery :)"

I never thought I'd get better (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was suffering from acute anxiety in addition to my psychotic disorder(from illicit drug use) I would get this anxiety all day long and I couldn't take it any more so I spoke to my doctor and he put me on Zoloft 25mg. Its a tiny pill but it has made a huge difference in my anxiety level. I also practice meditation every morning to augment the Zoloft and that's definitely helped too. For those that want to know I practice observational meditation( simply observe and note changes in how I'm feeling and attempt to silence the negativity). The only reason that I didn't give this medication a 10 was because of the sexual side effects. I have no sex drive and have extreme difficulty climaxing as well as maintaining an erection."

iPlaymeta1 November 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm diagnosed as Bipolar I since one year and an half. Since then, I have tried many medications (almost all available on the market) some anti-psychotics and antidepressants. By far, Zoloft is a miracle drug for me. I had lost all hope to ever feel happy again one day. But this medication finally do the job. I have more energy, a lot less of anxiety, I can focus on the tasks that I want to accomplish in my life. I have tried previously Prozac and Wellbutrin but they didn't do anything to me. Never give up, finding the right medication can be very long, but when you find it, it worth it. The medication kicked in after 3 weeks of use."

northface101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I'm on 50 mg zoloft been on it for a wk now ...it seems to help me sleep...my dr sd I probably want be able to tell anything about it for 2 to 3 wks but I can already tell...I also take 5mg ativan for anxiety disorder both together work well..."

Vannna777 November 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Hi all, after reading mixed reviews online on antidepressants I was apprehensive the drug could actually work. I was experiencing panic attacks that lasted all day, I was started on 50mg straight away and experience increased panic for the first 4 days but no other side effects. From day 5 panic attacks are almost non existent, it really is a wonderful drug, just stick to it and remember it will get better with time."

AllDayPanic November 25, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Horrible medication ,did not help with my depression at all made my anxiety worst"

detour12 November 24, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've taken sertraline for almost 3 months now, and it's been a very positive thing to my life. I feel much less anxious and I feel more confident. I do have to say that my sleep has not improved, in fact might be worse...and I never thought in a million years that I'd be ok with worse sleep. The reason I say this is that I'm not someone who's dealt well with lack of sleep in the past. I was not able to function on even 6 hours of sleep if the sleep was poor and I got up many times. I'd be bed ridden, or really have to push myself, on days when my sleep was poor. Now it's pretty clear that the amount of fatigue I felt was 100% related to being even more anxious on days that I slept poorly. Now, despite poor sleep, I feel much better."

Eddie777 November 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Zoloft has significantly lowered my anxiety, particularly social anxiety. Before, I would avoid certain situations and just worry about the most irrational things. Now I can honestly say I feel like a normal person, and I am succeeding in parts of my life I never have before."

Stephanie1117 November 23, 2016

For Depression: "I fully understand it's hard to work through initial side effects, especially when you may be at one of your lowest points immediately prior to taking medication. It may not work for everyone, but this medication has helped me immensely. I don't feel like a permanently happy robot or anything, I still feel sad and upset when it's warranted. but I feel like I can process problems like a high functioning individual, and I don't feel like I'm going to crack under every little thing. The side effects DO get better!"

Sertraline reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

For Depression: "ANXIETY/PANIC ATTACKS/INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS/DEPRESSION. Thought I'd state the things I had been suffering from quite severely, rather than choose one category! I normally don't post things like this, but I was once too in the same position as whoever is reading this, so want to help. I had been suffering with anxiety for years, along with panic attacks, and it all got worse when I started to have these so called 'intrusive thoughts', causing me to feel very depressed. I was very skeptical about taking any kind of medication, BUT I have to admit sertraline helped me get back on track of being ME AGAIN! It took a week or two to kick in at all, before then I was having the not so nice side effects, BUT JUST KEEP WITH IT! Been on it for 2 months."

daniiiiiela November 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been suffering from anxiety and stress since 2013, xanax was suggested to me, 4 years on xanax..5mg thrice a day but even then I was anxious. I decided to consult psychiatrist for complete treatments, he prescribed Zoloft 25mg BD for a week then 50mg OD, on day 7 i started feeling good, on 8 day I have started to take 50mg feeling little foggy but it will obviously show its full effect up to week 4. So give the zoloft time to work... Wish u all the best.."

Khan Baba (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

For Depression: "Had a very difficult first two weeks on it had depression for years not seeing much change but gonna give it two weeks. Then see what happens had a lot of suicidal thoughts on them very anxious to come off as I have heard it gets more difficult if you withdraw from sertraline I haven't slept well for sometime. My mind is racing constantly really hoping this get better glad I am not alone and other people struggle on it."

Ryan125 November 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Seems to take the edge of anxiety to some extent. Also having acceptance and commitment therapy which is helping quite a bit too. Still have bad days though but not quite as bad generally as before I was on the medication. No real side effects from what I've seen."

Damo G (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

For Depression: "OMG..Y'all are scaring me with some of the responses I'm seeing on here..I just started Zoloft 150mg for OCD.Obsessive thoughts and depression.It will be two weeks on the 23..Actually I feel the same before I started taking it..I haven't notice any side effects so far.What do y'all think?"

Christina37 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Therapeutic but dulling"

CharlesAstor (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was very very bad at one point with my anxieyy and depression and the OCD, they were all working together against me, the horrible disgusting thoughts from the OCD was driving me into constant panic attacks and anxiety through the roof! Which drove me to stay in doors and avoid triggers which then pushed me into a deep deep depression, I've been on zoloft now for about 6 months on a low dose of of 50mg, and I feel much better! I was able to go out and get a job which I am excelling at and got three raises in 4 months! I have felt a bit of the anxiety and ocd poking out once in a while but I may need to raise the dose but over all this med had changed my life so far, if you are in a rut and are down don't give up you can regain your life back!"

severe depression, OCD, anxity (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Been on Zoloft 50 mg for 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I have MDD, ADD, anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia but since taking this medication I am sleeping again and waking up without my alarm which has never happened. I was a little sick for the first few days however it passed. My panic attacks are almost gone. My doctor agreed to increase my dosage to 100 mg to see if I can get a little better I'm almost where I want to be but my negative emotions have subsided tremendously. I know this road is hard for all of us but don't give up. Remember the chemical make up in your brain changes overtime, so when something stops working seek help. Best regards!"

KingLovelees (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was in therapy for two years for anxiety,my anxiety got so bad I couldn't drive hated traffic,basically didn't want to leave the house only for business,I was so scared to take medicine so I decided to go get on meds I had the bottle for two days before I took it finally last night I took it guess what I'm fine no side effect .nothing!I worried for nothing so don't listen to all the negative stories try for yourself I'm very new on it but I had to write this review for someone who may be as scared as I was .I was scared I even was going to go the emergency room and take it and I wasn't going to sign in I just thought I would feel safer if I sat there to take it haha Im on zoloft 25 mg if your wondering and I'm so glad I gave it a try!"

Scared to death for nothing (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been suffering crippling anxiety since divorcing a sociopath and having life throw some seriously scary shit at me. I'm a single mother with no family to support me and as I suffer social anxiety too - not many friends either. I felt less anxious quite quickly - and even had a few 'normal' moments which I haven't had for months so I was hopeful. However, after just three days I noticed I was sweating more, and feeling agitated. Then I had the worst night ever of constant palpitations, panic, with terrible dreams when I did eventually sleep. I must have got up like 10 times to wee. I was super jumpy - a small sound in the night would have me almost hitting the ceiling with the sudden panic. Not good - stopped immediately."

Griff1969 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I tried wellbutrin for depression which worked for a couple months, but then I had memory issues.I couldn't remember what I was thinking two seconds later.It scared the crap out of me so badly I couldn't try anything else. Years went by trying to go without, now I'm prescribed sertraline for depression. At first I was terrified but realized I was psyching myself out of actually giving it a try. Before I took this, I barely was eating, sleeping...horrible...now, I gained 5-6 lbs back, can sleep, I just feel better. Some days are rough but not as bad as they used to be. I noticed a lack of sex drive, and dry mouth, but besides that feel great. My dosage is due to be upped now, so I do notice some effectiveness going down, but this is normal."

Trying2bcontent November 18, 2016

For Depression: "Although this has kept me sane for the last 5 yrs I cant understand why I have to pay twice because they don't make a 150 mg tablet £8.40 for the 100 mg and a further £8.40 for the 50 mg one illness twice the price. As if we don't have enough to worry about"

bacf333 November 17, 2016

For Depression: "I have suffered from anxiety and depression for much of my adult life.I have tried almost every option & medication available. My first experience of Sertraline was just over 2 years ago,it was a breath of fresh air,& I felt fantastic.My happiness & quality of life improved beyond recognition.Despite being sceptical, I stuck with 100mg dose(8mnths),& continued to feel the benefits. Due to my new found joie de vive I decided to give up on the treatment. Unfortunately after a month or so I noticed a change in my feelings,& gradually became more and more withdrawn.This trend continued. 3 months ago I started on Sertraline again, & it's been just as amazing. Incidentally I was also found to be gluten intolerant which can magnify depression"

Life, I love you again November 17, 2016