User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1692 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was having a bad panic attack/anxiety (slight depression as a result) relapse and in my haste I decided to try zoloft starting at 25mg. I took one pill and it resulted in: worse anxiety, cold sweats, trembling, a bad high feeling, panic, nausea, no appetite. I am still stuck with the effects to a lesser degree and it has been over 24 hrs since the dose. Truly feels like a Horrible MDMA high, with zero fun. Apparently takes 120-500 hrs to get out of your system fully from one dose. I have not had luck trying any SSRI's as my horrific side effects start immediately. I should have trusted my gut and gone through counselling again-which I am!"

KTKAT March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Hi. I felt like posting here because I saw multiple reviews by people who had taken Zoloft for a few days, or a few weeks, and had bad experiences. I wanted to say that, though everyone is different, it will take at least a month or two before you start to feel "better" on any Anxiety med. Also, probably starting with a small dose and working your way up after several weeks would be a good idea. My GP told me to take half a pill, then go to a full pill after a week, which is crazy, and I had just about every side effect and dizziness for the first month. The second time around with Zoloft, I took one fourth of my pill, and ramped up every four days. If you have side effects, know that this is normal, and you will feel better soon."

Sleepy22116 March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Brilliant for my teen & worked to reduce his OCD & anxiety."

Luckyjenny (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had been suffering with anxiety for a better part of my life, but never had it gotten as bad as it was in the last 2 years. I would have intense panic attacks and was afraid to socialize. This in turn led me to become depressed. The first drug I was put on was fluoxetine. This drug was not compatible with me AT ALL. My anxiety become 10 times worst. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have hour long panic attacks, could barely eat. I genuinely thought I was going to die on this drug, and I even become suicidal. I told my psychiatrist and was put on sertraline 50mg. Within the first week I could feel a significant difference. Way happier, anxiety decreased significantly, and more motivated. I began to felt like my self again!!"

Happygirl24 March 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've been on it for a week and a bit . I gotta say it's not what I expected. I've never taken anything before , so this is all a first . Well I was put on 50mg and that made me extremely sleepy . It was all I did and I couldn't really do much else . Went to the doctors and lowered my dose to 25 mg. That seems a lot better . I'm able to get up and do things . I still feel dizzy and don't really feel like eating . I'm starting to feel better though . I don't feel like crying and I'm not obsessing or replaying things in my mind . That sharp pain in my stomach has lessen as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I didn't really notice any side affects too bad. More like bad sleeping habits (waking up at 2 am and not going back to sleep for two hours) and I also had nightmares quite frequently for two weeks. But I've been taking it for 6 weeks now for depression and anxiety, and I feel great. I have so many more good days than I used to. I'm not down as often."

Mak11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm gonna start with saying do not read all the negative reviews! I was iffy about taking this and read the reviews, huge mistake... I had anxiety about taking the anxiety medicine. I waited a few days before taking it and after speaking to a few people who have been on it and a friend of mine who is a pharmacist, I decided I would try it! I am so surprised at how different everything is, so different I can't believe this is normal for people. I often catch myself thinking about how clear my mind is and I'm not freaking out about car accidents, fires, natural disasters or death. I'm not living in fear or anything, although it has only been a few days I can definitely tell a difference the only side effect so far is cotton mouth. Good luck:)"

Tankers12334 March 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Basically all I can say is that when my depression decides to crush every bone in my body as least I have now gotten the strength to get up and say "right this is boring, time to try and be productive!!" To be honest... call this TMI but my libido has definitely increased since taking this drug. My anxiety used to stop me from feeling anything. So yep, not so bad. Started this drug last year in May. Longest I've ever stuck to a drug, so that's saying something. I've gotten to know myself a little more since then. Only side effects are having periods of being emotionless, paranoia, addictive nature, VERY WILD AND VIVID DREAMS, slight rage, days full of nothing but sadness and an ongoing identity crisis. I'm on 50mg. Can't handle higher"

DanDanIsMe March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I started sertraline 25 mg hade it for 4 weeks I started to feel better then stopped because it was making me to sleepy. It's been 3 months since I stopped now my doctor told me to start again. I took 25 mg just one 2 weeks ago and am getting very bad chest pain I went to hospital and they said its not your heart but I am getting my depression back I can't take it cuz still have chest pain"

gapshap1 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "(Sertraline) is the most worst depression treatment for my son. The first time when my son had started to take these pills he was feeling normal but one day he started to have unusual pains which he couldn't describe in the chest which was everyday. Because of the pain he was going to A&E for a check up twice in a week and shockingly nothing had came up. But that pain took my precious sons life forever and I wish from that day on that he had never started these particular pills. So I want to warn you that you still have time so please don't make yourself regret the day u started to take these like my son edward."

lucy.edward March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Started about 10 days ago, the first week was tough, sertraline kept me up and ruined my sleep cycle a bit, had a shaking jaw, low appetite, struggled to hold a conversation. It's gotten a lot better, though. I wake up between 6 and 7 am, I feel like my energy is slowly coming back to me, I don't feel hopeless and suicidal. I'm on a 6-month course of it and I'm hoping I come out of this feeling good."

Bard_ March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Unfortunately this medication didn't work for me and I was combining it with exercise on a regular basis. I feel so low most days and I sometimes find it hard to even go out at all. I'm not trying a SNRI to see if that works. On the plus side no side effects at all."

Sarahm1992 March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Gave one star to Zoloft for its effort, but really it deserves zero stars from my experience. I was on Remeron, then Cipralex (Lexapro for American users) for almost a year and when it stopped working I decided to go with Zoloft after reading good reviews. Zoloft slowly turned me into the worst version of myself. Constant anger, irritation, nausea, no appetite, no motivation, and man the heart burn was unreal. And the list goes on and on. I took it for a week at 25mg and 3 weeks at 50mg to give it a shot but I had to stop because I was just falling apart. I am currently on Effexor, its been almost a week and it is slowly putting me back together from the Zoloft disaster."

rsb19 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've had generalised anxiety for years as well as fairly mild depression. This as the 3rd SSRI medication I've been on and most definitely the WORST. I would give this a minus score if I could! I'm putting this review on here as a warning to others. Within a week of being on this med my depression went from mild to severe. I was not in a good place. I came off this med as fast as I could and even that was very unpleasant. I mentioned this to my GP and pharmacist and both seemed to not believe me..please be wary of this devil's concoction."

mitz71 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "UPDATE! I wanted to share my experience once again. I posted on here a little while ago about how I couldn't sleep on Zoloft, only 3 hours then I would wake up every 30-45 min. So I took a brief drug holiday for 2 days and started back on it to give it another try. I literally took 6.25mg and the first few nights were fine, but then after about 4 days I started waking up super early in the morning and I could not fall back asleep. It wasn't the worst possible case scenario, but I still felt like I wasn't sleeping enough and I was still tired through out the day. So waking up early again this morning I have decided that I am done with antidepressants. I have tried 3 now, and none of them have worked."

NurseAshley (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've dealt with OCD, generalized-anxiety and PTSD for years and it had completely destroyed my life. I lost all my friends, could not work, was extremely close to being homeless although my parents helped me, avoided the public in general, etc. The reason I'm on medication including Zoloft is for rage, aggressive tendencies, hatred towards humans, hypervigilence, sensitivity to sudden sounds, distrust, flashbacks, etc. Along with staying healthy (eating very well, working out, etc.) Zoloft has helped me remain a lot more calm and has helped with my aggressive and violent tendencies. I've been on 200mg for about 4 months now. It's not a miracle drug for me but it's helped a lot combined with other things."

Anonymous 99 March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I was prescribed this for anxiety and depression and can honestly say I wish I had never taken the first pill. I was told to take 50mg a day and after the first one I felt unwell with huge pupils and 'out of it' but thought I'd need to get used to the pill. After the second dose it was hell, no appetite, being sick, unable to keep anything down, a pounding headache that wouldn't stop, blurry vision, hot sweats, waking up every hour in the night, shaking and horrid thoughts. I contacted a pharmacist friend who said I had obviously got the worse end of the side effects and if I continued it might get better or stop and ride out what I was already feeling. I chose to stop, I thought this pill would solve my problem- it did not."

BD7482 March 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "50gm sertraline has changed my life. I suffered anxiety and social anxiety for many years. I decided to get help because I was getting married and didn't want it to be the worst memory of my life. I'm now confident and not afraid. I can speak up. I enjoy work which is sales and I've improved drastically. I'm sweating less and have less nerves. No crazy heart pounding and mind blanking situations and unnecessary awkwardness. I could go on.. Be aware though, the 1st few days are intense. I couldn't sleep a wink and my general anxiety was extreme. It was scary. Socially though, somehow I had improved the following day!! And now 2years on there are no side effects. It feels like taking paracetamol. Best decision ever."

Ytfhj (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Side effects 1st couple of weeks, tingling fingers, shaking hands, insomnia & nausea...All of which ceased thereafter. Felt a lifting of mood day two & incredibly better from weeks 3 to 4. Suffered from depression & anxiety, both of which are much better. Easier to cope with everything, keep things in perspective & enjoy life. Noticed lately issue with short-term memory, to the point where I forget the end of my sentences which is tricky...Believe is a likely side effect so will discuss with my GP. Overall am very glad I started with this as the improvement is fab."

McCazzie March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Zoloft actually changed my life. It's helped me cope with every day situations in an non reactive way. My thoughts have calmed down and my anxiety is minimal. I've actually lost 15 lbs on Zoloft. I started on 50mg and now I'm up to 200mg per day. I've been on it for about a year now and I like that it doesn't numb everything or make me super emotional or tired. I'm very well balanced. I just wish I could sleep better."

Fanni (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been on this medication for two days and I have had a significant improvement in obsessive thoughts and my anxiety. I had insomnia last night, but I heard that subsides. I have tons of energy and want to go do things I had lost interest in doing. I don't know if this is just going to be in the beginning, but I have read it only gets better. I have a little nausea, but I have stomach problems as well so I'm used to it. I will put an update later on. I am going to stick this out! update: two weeks on zoloft and my OCD going insane. going to up to 50mg tomorrow. will update."

xoxobecca619 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have suffered from Panic disorder and OCD since the age of 18.. Been on medication but stopped when I was 28 due to my pregnancy - Anyhow, 2016 of April I was prescribed Generic Lexapro, keep in mind the brand name worked wonders! The generic was a horrible experience.. Now its my 3rd day of switching to Sertraline 50mg.. The switch has been amazing so far! I feel so much better already."

Becks22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Stick it out. I was so hesitant to explore perscription medication, instead of the more natural methods. Eventually when I couldn't take it anymore I began Zoloft. The first month I was taking 50mg, and was slowly upped to 100mg. The side effects I experienced were really terrible- increased anxiety for a few weeks... and I crapped my pants... but I promise, it was worth it. Now I'm 6 months on Zoloft and I don't suffer from social anxiety at nearly the same level as before. I feel much more confident speaking in front of groups and just being myself. I also feel less depressed. I think that people often experience the terrible side effects and give up on the drug, but if you're willing to suffer through, sertraline may really help you."

Sarah12653 March 8, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Tinnitus that is constant. Loud all the time and gets louder occasionally. It drives me crazy to the point of wanting to get off zoloft. I ask every Dr I see if anything can be done for tinnitus. Answer is always no. Is it this medication? Anyone with tinnitus will understand. I also have various problems urinating and sexual stuff. Thank you for giving me this forum."

Jeff626 March 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "started zoloft 25mg but was told to brake in half for three days then go to the 25mg for two weeks then to 50mg , the first week was hell!!! Was throwing up none stop, horrible diarrhea made my anxiety so much worse, I weighed 85 pounds and went down to 73, was in and out of the er because I needed fluids, after week too I could tell my depression was better but my anxiety was still bad got to the point I couldn't leave my bed, my son missed basketball games had to have my mom go to the store for me, after week 3 on the 50mg doctor prescribed me xanax (one a day if needed) it helped a lot with my anxiety but my side effects keep getting worse so the doctor got me off the zoloft, a lot better now off the zoloft and haven't had anxiety in a week,"

Lizzybear1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017