User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

5.5
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1888 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Zoloft about 4 years ago, prescribed because I have always had a lot of social anxiety and was in a lonely place. Started with 50mg then went back to docs after 4 months and he increased me to 100mg. I was on 100mg for a year but decided to come back down to 50mg as at times I felt a bit too groggy on 100mg, plus I struggled with sex - had no desire really, felt a bit of a zombie. I also saw a therapist every week for a year, but stopped that because I felt we reached a dead end and it was a waste of money. So 4 years later I'm still pretty lonely, still have mild depression which comes and goes and still struggle a bit with people. However I would say all of the bad stuff is about half as intense thanks to Zoloft/Sertraline"

Mickey555 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Nothing to share only the fact that I shouldn't have taken this so called drug in the first place and I've learnt now to read the leaflet before putting anything into my system. This drug has screwed me around felt like I was dying with all the symptoms. Glad I was only on it for less than a month and got off it cold turkey and feel heaps good now. I don't suggest this drug to anybody if u are having depression or anything else. Seek some counselling. This is the worse thing u could put ur body through.!"

tinaa25 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I just started this medication and even ask my docs why I should have them? I'm sure they do some herbal tablets. He said let me help you, because my anxiety etc was getting worst and is in the stage where I'm losing who I am. I'll post later how I feel thanks all for all your comments I'm on 50mg once a day"

New starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Tried sertraline 50 mg the first week made me feel like a zombie and made me more depressed second week made me feel more depressed had to go and see the doctor to get off this horrible drug two weeks off is horrible drug and I'm still feeling depressed and wish I'd never taken it this drug. has sent me back at least six months. but I do hope it works for you"

Rob uk (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I took Zoloft (generic) shortly after my anxiety got horribly severe. I took lexapro a few years ago but didn't like the sexual side effects. Doctor put me on Prozac but that appeared to put me into a deep depression. I had never had depression, just anxiety but I couldn't get out of bed I was just paralyzed. After a few weeks of that I decided to try Zoloft. Within the first three weeks I felt tremendously better. By 6 weeks I felt totally back to normal and NO sexual side effects! This has been my miracle drug"

Abbeyjd (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Reading through all of the reviews I wanted to share my experience. I was extremely depressed and borderline agoraphobic and didn't really want to leave the house. So I started Sertraline in conjunction with Xanax and therapy. Sertraline at the beginning was very very tough. Very activating, trouble sleeping, increased anxiety, strange tingling sensations in my arms. Yes I wanted to give up. Yes I wanted to rage against how I was feeling. But somehow I stuck with it because frankly I didn't know what else to do as my life was already untenable. Started with 50mg for a month, not much help then 100mg for 6 weeks, started coming out of my funk (and I mean torturous funk), then recently switched to 150mg and feeling better and better."

JoWilli (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Helped to relieve some of my depression and anxiety during a very tough time. Was used in combination with wellbutrin xl and seroquel."

Snk88602 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I had terrrrrible PMDD for years which got worse as I got older (I'm 44) I have been taking 25 mg of Zoloft for a year now and my symptoms are basically gone! I found sticking to as low a dose as possible helps in managing side effects."

Superlil August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "After taking this medication I started suffering from serious side effects, excessively sweating, shaking, paranoia, unable to sleep and settle. This medication did not agree with my body at all, it made me feel extremely sick."

Bren_xx August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Hi, I've been struggling with anxiety disorders since age 17, specifically with OCD. I'm 31 right now, decided to give sertraline a try, by myself, I'm on it since March this year, that is like five months, honestly since first day I felt like a switch in my brain, three weeks later and made an appointment with a psychiatrist, because I thought it would be better if a doctor prescribe it to me instead of self medicating. I supposed he would increase my dosage to 100 mg but he said to stay with 50 and it is still working well with that. He also added me Modafinil, Trifluoperazine and Clobazam and doing fine with that combo, I'm gonna review them later. They aren't miracle, they give you tools for you to keep going well with a good mindset."

Equilibrium22x (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I am 51and female. I have been on sertraline for 3 months and I love it. I have not had or needed an alcoholic drink since I started on this med. I never thought I could give up my multiple glasses of red wine every night but, after taking a pill, I feel good for 24 hours at a time now instead of just for a few hours while drinking...and without the hangover or expense! Also, my Blood pressure and pulse are MUCH LOWER now; My body no longer aches all over; I'm not so nervous, agitated or angry anymore. I no longer constantly think about death. I am satisfied with my job now, too, and no longer desire to quit. I'm also beginning to like myself. Side effects for me have mainly been: lack of appetite, some weight loss, and boring dreams."

aceMN (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on it a week. I feel no difference, except for stomach pain like I am hungry, and starting to wake up to early 4 am. I am on 25mg. I will hang in there for a month and than let my doctor know."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "For me this SSRI didn't work at all. I have intrusive thoughts (no compulsions) and after 8 months on various dosages (even on 225 mg) nothing special happened. Side effects were tolerable: tinnitus (only when I was on 150 mg or higher), restless legs, vivid dreams and some teeth grinding. I had far better experience with fluvoxamine (on it for 2 years) and escitalopram(6 years), but they both pooped-out."

Sammiecat August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have been on this medication for 2 years, before taking it I suffered from severe panic attacks and anxiety and social anxiety. I have not had 1 major panic attack since I started taking it so that in itself is awesome. However, I have gained 25 pounds on this and cannot seem to get the weight off and when I do lose weight I can't keep it off. This has resulted in other health problems like high blood pressure. I also have trouble reaching orgasm during the day but at night I'm FINE. Given how horrible and anxiety ridden I was before taking the medication, it definitely works but the side effects (like the weight gain) are driving me crazy. It also hasn't taken away my social anxiety completely, I still get nervous around people."

OpenHearts (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "29 year old female. Started on 25mg for the first 2-3 weeks. Side effects were very mild (diarrhea and dizziness; also zoned out a lot). After the 1 month mark, I started to feel absolutely amazing. No anxiety anymore. But in the 3rd month I felt like I plateaued. The anxiety and panic attacks started to make a comeback. I upped my dosage to 50mg and it's helped a bit. I'm currently on 4 months of sertraline. Overall I've found it to be a very tolerable drug with little to no side effects."

wingie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I'm a 29 year old female. I've been suffering from horrible social anxiety disorder and panic attacks for over 2 years. I've been on Zoloft (technically sertraline since I'm on the generic version) for 4 months. The first 2-3 weeks I started with 25 mg and I had mild side effects like diarrhea and dizziness. I also spaced out a lot. After the 3 week mark the side effects started to go away and I felt so much better than I ever had in years. I had little to no social anxiety anymore and almost felt like I had my life back. After 2 months I felt I plateaued. I started getting the anxiety/panicky feelings back. So I upped my dosage to 50 mg. For now it is still doing the trick but it's nowhere near what it was in the beginning."

wingie August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was skeptical about anti-depressants for a long time and decided to take them only as a last resort. I've been on 200mg of Zoloft for about 6 months now and the results are fantastic. I've had a tremendous improvement in mood, energy, and all around motivation to get up in the morning. I have also had zero side effects. Unless something changes I will continue to take this medication and recommend it to others as well."

James Finnegansz August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I switched from Lexapro to Zoloft when we were trying to conceive as it's preferred for breastfeeding. Although I actually stopped cold turkey when I got pregnant and was fine. I didn't experience any major side effects from this though. I don't think it worked quite as well as Lexapro for anxiety but it did the job."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I wish that I would have started this drug much sooner. I was very reluctant to take an antidepressant mainly due to stigma. I felt immediate relief from anxiety, paranoia, irritability, hopeless, helpless, suicidal, depressed and feeling out of control. I have had major symptoms for several years premenstrual and it has been premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I am very thankful for Zoloft and I don't ever want to be caught without it it is the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. The side effects are very minimal my side effects would include just being a little tired some gas and Mild diarrhea at times. I would trade this any day for the problems that I was having before I started taking Zoloft it truly has saved my life ."

LovingMotherx4 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Started off at age 13 on Prozac, age 14-16 back and forth from ciprelax and Prozac, and 17-18 200 mg of Zoloft, I find this the most useful, but when I miss a day of taking it I become very down and hear and see things I shouldn't, also I take this with prescribed sleeping pills"

Prettybritty August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft for almost 5 months and I can honestly say it has saved me and and made my life brighter in so many ways. I was really struggling with GAD and panic attacks for about 3 years before I began and was struggling to cope, which felt very isolating. Zoloft has made me more feel more at ease, I feel more productive and motivated every day and far less irritated and impatient, to just name a couple of the benefits. I wish I hadn't waited so long to start (I was afraid of side effects), but I'm happy to say I'm feeling so much better. The side effects are difficult, I won't lie, for me they lasted about a month. I mostly just felt tired and spaced out and not very hungry. They do disappear however and it's so worth it."

Natalieeeeeee August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've had the pleasure of being on sertraline 100mg for the last 8 years and I honestly believe I wouldn't be in this world if I wasn't. Every now and again I get tight jaw muscles or the odd day of nausea and every once in a while, when I'm feeling really sorry for myself, I can eek out a tear and have minor meltdown. But nothing like before. This drug has saved me."

Krislou (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on this medication previously and after a week gave up hope and stopped taking it. Recently my anxiety became out of control as did my depression. I literally had no hope left. I felt sad, lonely, out of focus, irritable, suicidal, and hopeless. I would wake up having panic attacks and go to sleep having panic attacks. I started researching ways to off myself and came very close. I decided to finally seek help and while awaiting my referral to see a psychiatrist my doctor gave me this medication. I am taking 100 mg once a day. It took a week of the medicine to feel the full effects but I feel happy again, focused, grounded, and way less anxious. I find myself laughing more, joking, smiling and not constantly anxious."

Jaws Nicollet July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I didn't realize it at the time but this stuff really did literally make me bipolar! I never considered myself bipolar before this medication. It made me not be able to sleep for days at a time, made my normal moods worse at times, and just over all set off mental conditions that I don't normally have issue's with, and at the time I didn't see or understand that, now."

5150Aries (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been on this medication for exactly 20 days now, and believe me when I say it has saved my life! I dealt with extremely disturbing intrusive thoughts, leading to to severe anxiety and depression for 4 years. After almost giving up come for my life completely, I finally told my GP about my situation, he and a pysch confirmed the OCD put me on 50mg of Zoloft first week then 100mg and I finally feel like myself again! OCD is minimal and definitely manageable, to the point where it barely bothers me and I only know it'll improve because its only been 20 days! It does give a little diarrhea but its so worth it."

imnotmyocd (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017