User Reviews for Sertraline systemic

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Sertraline reviews 7.4 2,336 reviews

Reviews for Sertraline

For Depression: "I went to my doctor after an unhappy love affair left me depressed and anxious. I cried all the time, my stomach was churning and I had obsessive thoughts. It was so bad I hardly recognized myself. I asked for diazepam but my doctor suggested sertraline instead. I started on 50mg every morning and didn’t really have any bad side effects, just a bit sadder for while, but after a month I started to feel much better. The crying stopped and I began to feel myself again, started cooking and doing all the things I had neglected. I have recommended them to a couple of friends who are also feeling the benefits."

Veedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "While Zoloft did alleviate some OCD symptoms, it made me very hypomanic. It was not fun-- my thoughts were racing so badly and I said very inappropriate things at work. This drug will probably not do that to everyone, but even without me having bipolar, I had this reaction that I don't get with other drugs. It's not a bad drug for most-- just a warning that it may happen to others, bipolar or not!"

kellymcnamara1994 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "So I am on day 8 of 50mg of sertraline. I have been suffering from severe anxiety and obsessive negative thoughts for over 3 years after a very abusive marriage. I have two young children and find day to day life as a single parent a real struggle. So first day was pretty awful, dizziness, sickness, headache, increased agitation and then a sleepless night. The sickness, headaches and agitation continued for a good few days but most of that has eased off now. I still get waves on anxiety and wake up feeling a little flat, but feel like my head is slightly more rational. So day 8 today and the dizziness and shakes are still there, but I am really really hoping that as some of the initial side effects are lifting, that its an early sign they are going to work for me. Anyone else experiences the same and had a good experience? Any positive stories would really help right now :-)"

Mrsred3625 December 10, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've noticed that the vast majority of negative reviews are from people who took this for 1 day to 2 weeks. For most people the side effects are minor or non-existent if the dose is started low which is what I did. After week 5, I am just now starting to notice that I'm not constantly obsessing, stressed, overwhelmed, anxious and negative. You can have major life changing epiphanies and realizations about yourself and how you got yourself into this state of mind/emotion in the first place. Anyway I don't feel cured or extra happy. Its almost like I forget to get stressed and anxious and when I remember I decide if I want to or not. I'll continue on for 3 months and report back then. Good luck. Don't let anxiety keep you from improving your life. This can help. Don't worry about the bad reviews. Start slow if you're worried and it'll be fine."

Paulodopopolous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed Sertraline to treat my anxiety. I saw no improvement at all, on the contrary, I felt much more anxious and I experienced insomnia. I told my doctor about it and he changed it for a different medicine; I only took Sertraline for about 2 weeks."

Yuca (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I was on citalopram for years. Then read about sertraline and requested to go onto it. Now after being on sertraline life has changed. For 10 years before sertraline I could not be home alone and I couldn't go out and do normal things, and my anxiety wasn't controlled. I now can!!!! It's a small tablet but gave my life back, I no longer read reviews and wish I was in their boots, I have my own happy ending... few side effects, but power through! They don't last longer than a week, it's a small price to pay for this amazing feeling."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I really had a great experience with Zoloft. When I first started the medication, I was on cloud 9. I felt happier than I had in years. My anxiety improved dramatically. Sadly, as time went on (years into taking it), my body stop responding as well. My Dr raised my dosage - as high as 150mg. At that dosage, I felt like a zombie. I was tired all the time, so I had to stop taking it. Still the best SSRI I have tried..."

Pat F (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2018

For Depression: "My pharmacy closed it's doors, so I had to switch to a new pharmacy. I have been on 100mg of Sertraline for YEARS and never had a problem. I picked up the refill from the new pharmacy a month ago, and I feel like the meds are no longer working. My anxiety is through the roof, my emotions are all over the place, and I am barely functioning. I have not felt this way in over 6 years. I don't think this new manufacturer uses the same formula, but I am very concerned as to what to do next."

Anxiety Prone (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "HORRIBLE!!!! Have taken almost all SSRI'S. Same side effects from all and had to go to the ER for what I thought was a heart attack! Throbbing headache, I thought my muscles were going to crawl out of my skin, racing heart, horrible vision disturbance, shaky, tremors, locked my muscles up, tingling, horrible sweating, anxiety through the roof, paranoia. Have tapered off of it and the withdrawal is just as bad! HORRIBLE MED!"

Just me (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I took Zoloft for approximately five months. It helped a lot with my anxiety, particularly as it pertained to driving ( I have had panic attacks when driving on the interstate). However, I gained 10 pounds and did not change my eating or exercise habits. I cannot tolerate weight gain--then I really would be depressed! My doctor said to half the dose (from 50 mg to 25) for a week and then I could stop. This worked fine for me and I only experienced a headache and fuzzy feeling the first day off. I am not going to try another drug of this type unless necessary. I am going to try other ways of dealing with anxiety. I know that is not always an option and my anxiety is pretty much circumstantial. I hope the weight comes off, as many have said it hangs on!"

Mary B (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "A few months ago I was stood in the chapel at a funeral when out of the blue my legs started shaking and I felt very frightened for no reason. My heart started racing and I felt dizzy. This triggered feeling like this anywhere and everywhere. I went to the GP desperate just to be signed off sick as it has escalated to the point I went into panics everywhere. He was great ; he really listened and gave my a note for amended duties at work,A course of CBT and 25mg sertraline up to 50mg after 2 weeks. I'm so grateful. I felt worse at first but I stuck to the medication and battled on into work. I started to feel better; a now see a CBT therapist once a fortnight and she's lovely. I can do my job again and go out with friends. I never needed to increase the dose to 50mg and I am planning to attend my GP in a few weeks once I know the CBT has helped. I'll then wean off the sertraline but I'm really happy. There is a light at the end if the tunnel however bad you are feeling."

Aybe (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on 100 mgs of amytriptiline since 2011 and never have problems sleeping but started to feel down again, stressed and anxiety. The drs started me on 25mgs of sertraline and never slept a wink until 5 o'clock this morning and then woke up this morning with a really bad head and buzzing in my ears"

Pips (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Depression: "Been on Sertraline 25mg daily for 1 week. A week ago I was thinking suicidal thoughts every day, severely depressed, felt like I was at the bottom of a very deep black hole with no way out. After 4 days, I found myself laughing naturally again, noticing people properly, picking up on body language better and concentrating on tasks again. Early days, but for me at least it really seems to be giving my brain the chemical it was lacking, and needed to 'fire' properly. A few side effects, mostly decreased libido, but to be honest that's a bit of a relief :-)"

DD (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I'm suffering from pure 'Obsessive' harm OCD and it is really exhausted I went to psychiatric and prescribed me zoloft. First it was nightmare all day suffering and anxious and worst of it mood swings that ugly side effects then 2 month later it begin to show activity .... now after 1 year it make a good job but I'm still having mood swing"

survival (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on Sertaline 25mg for 1 full day, took my second one almost 5 hours ago. So far I'm itchy to the point of tearing off my skin, stomach pains, constant headaches, constant nausea, and my eyes are in constant pain. Not too sure if this is something I should continue taking if I'm already affected this much."

Zelda (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "At first this medication was my savior. The first few weeks in it however were terrible. I was got really down and anxious and felt scared for no reason. I was told that it gets worse before it gets better. Which in fact it did, but after taking this medication for two years the weight gain was unbearable. I also dealt with intense insomnia during my anxious phases, not falling asleep until 8am and sleeping until 4pm. I started the medication weighing 135lbs at 5’7” my last med check up I weighed 229. The medication slows your metabolism down so much!! So I decided enough was enough and last night I switched to Wellbutrin 150mg XR. I am hopeful that this new medication will help me get my metabolism back and keep my anxiety away. If you can deal with the weight gain, this is the medicine for anxiety that I would recommend."

C (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

For Depression: "Sertraline somewhat worked in masking my depression for a while. But when my state worsened, it was no longer effective. I went all the way up to 200mg of sertraline with no improvement in my depression. I still felt emotionless, lethargic and hopeless. That being said, it is effective for most people and works if your state isn’t to severe."

Yogi November 26, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started on sertraline 50mg 7 weeks ago. It was a bit rough with side effects the first week, nothing to bad tho, a bit of a fuzzy feeling in the head for the first couple of weeks. Now the last 5 weeks I've been feeling good, no anxiety, lots of energy. I must say this pill has helped me out a lot. I will carry on taking the 50mg daily. Once you get passed those initial side effects it is all good. I highly recommend it. I also take quetiapine some nights for sleep - 50mg get 8 hours sleep every night, it is great."

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been taking Sertraline for 1 year now. I started on a dose of 100mg and now take 150mg per day. It has made a a significant positive change in my ability to cope with social anxiety, and general anxiety problems. For the first couple weeks it made it hard to sleep at night but I have not really felt any side effects since the beginning few weeks. I am starting to feel like my dosage is not high enough as some fear and desire to avoid social situations is creeping back in, so I will ask for an increased dosage from my doctor and see if it helps."

MS (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was suffering anxiety, panic attacks, was super stressed and had a light depression. Three weeks ago I started on Sertaline 25 mg and instantly felt better. No anxiety, I felt happy for the first time in a long time and I had energy and the desire to actually go out and do things. I was blown away by the effect it had on me! I had a few side effects as nausea, no appetite, headache, tinnitus, a pulsing sound in my ears, muscles twitching and sometime just felt weird. But I still felt so much better. However after a week on 25 mg I increased the dose to 50 mg. The day after I felt depressed and very anxious, and more tired than before. It was devastating after a week of feeling great. The side effects got less with time, and on day 15 on 50 mg I woke up and felt happy! No anxiety, just happiness and calmness! I'm now on day 18 with 50 mg and still feel great. The only side effect thats left is the muscle twitching, and for me thats a small price to pay for feeling happy and calm again!"

Gab November 16, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I’ve been prescribed zoloft since September 2018 to ease my bpd/severe depression/gad. I started at 50mg and noticed my anger, emotional outbursts and suicidal thoughts become less frequent. My lows were still low and increased to 75mg after a month. I found my motivation and desire to take action increased but found implementation to be extremely difficult. my self esteem, self confidence and the codependent traits are still where they were before medication. Recently increased to 100mg a few days ago and have not been doing too well - excessive sleeping, constant headaches, nausea, vomiting, frequent bathroom visits."

mavGoose (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started taking 50mg a day a month ago due to high stress levels and on the verge of a breakdown. I've got to say so far this has been amazing! Within a few days of taking these I noticed a massive improvement in my mood, can sleep better, don't want to punch everyone I see in the face. I'm more relaxed not frowning, less stressed about life. Just everything so much better feel excited about life a bit. a The side effects though still experiencing stomach cramps, loss of appetite, loss of sex drive and jaw clenching. All this I can live with because these are helping so much everywhere else in my life, just stick with it. Have been back to the doctors who have upped the dose to 100mg so start these in a few days hopefully even better results "

Blondyone (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "To start off I have had panic and anxiety my whole life it was just never bad, 2 months ago it hit me I thought I was having a heart attack and that I was dying my heart rate was 145 when the ambulance got there but when I got to the hospital everything was normal. For a month I thought I was dying chest hurt everyday couldn’t breathe at all then my dr put me on Zoloft 50mg. Starting off it got worse stomach pain rib pain chest pain and diarrhea. I finally broke down and called my psych who put me on Ativan. Which after day 1 saved my life I take 1mg 3x daily and I can function, I can get in a car and not feel like I’m dying. I quit smoking but went back to dipping because my lungs where bad and I’m not strong enough yet to quit nicotine. I want everyone to know it does get better even if you need help from Ativan or Xanax. I’m going on week 2 and I feel a major difference even though I was scared to take everything."

Bigmiike0254 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was given this medication 2 weeks ago for slight anxiety & PMT. This drug nearly took my life. The side effects were: sweating, nausea, tremors, dry mouth, horrible frightening thought (never had them before I was put on these) headache , insomnia, waking up frightened, suicidal (never even entered my head before these tablets) after explaining to to doctor twice and getting nowhere & telling me to carry on taking them- I finally found a doctor who said I had the most severe effects from them! She told me to wean off them. I took half a tablet for one day & couldn't do it anymore. I stopped completely I am currently going through bad withdrawals from them after only taking for 12 days! Has this happened to anyone else? I have wrote a yellow card to make the company aware of This! I'm going through the worst now but hopefully it will pass soon! In my own opinion I would stay clear of these ! More awareness should be done regarding them! First time ever taken a SSRI and the last!"

Admin November 13, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Was dubious about taking medication for years but after having the worst panic attack of my life and becoming too anxious to function I thought it's time.. got prescribed 50mg Sertaline/Zoloft back in May and have never felt better. I honestly feel like a teenager again with no worries and am able to easily brush things off. I never thought I'd be this well again. I'm so content with life now! It's almost as though my brain isn't able to hold on to a thought for long and then I just forget what I was even thinking about which is fine by me! If you become desperate like I was don't hesitate to try these tablets! :) Oh and FYI the only side effect I got was headaches but give me a headache over a panic attack any day!"

Happylady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...