User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 3 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1832 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was put on Zoloft for PTSD. I took 25 mg daily for just over 3 months. It really did help my anxiety and allowed me to finish the school year. With Zoloft I have been a lot calmer, and it really helped me with day to day activities. If you just started this medication and are experiencing side effects, hang in there! My first week made me very nauseous and gave me insomnia. The nausea lasted only a week for me. Even though it did wonders for my mental health, it gave me a lot of physical health issues, so I had to stop taking the medication. It caused me to gain a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Furthermore it caused a slight bedwetting issue and very elevated liver enzymes. Good for anxiety, but my body didn't like it."

CrissyGirl59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "After taking Zoloft (50 mg) for only a few days, I feel incredibly lucky to have had such a positive experience with it. For about an hour after I take it I get stomach cramps that resemble menstrual cramps, but after that I go into a really positive mood and I just want to tell everybody how much I appreciate them. I don't get sick from overthinking minor details anymore and all of my emotions feel more stable and controllable. I'm experiencing slight restlessness and difficulty falling asleep, but I'm taking that as a positive, as I feel like I got my energy back. I do clench my jaw at night now though. I have no appetite and I'm losing weight, but I used to overeat due to anxiety so I don't mind it. I never thought I could be this happy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "The first 2 weeks on Zoloft were like hell. I was drowsy, had nightmares and my stomach was a mess. I've been taking 75mg for 3 month now and I feel like a new person . I'm mellow , easy to deal with and satisfied"

Kati27c (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've been on it 3 times. For 8 years, then again for a little less than a year 2 diff times. For depression and anxiety. First starting it I always got nausea and killer headaches. But then they would get better and eventually go away. The first few months of taking it I would feel better. Happier, more energy etc. But then as months went on I would become more numb to things. No highs or lows. Just zombie mode. Very spacy and forgetful. Running red lights, forgetting to go to class or work. No sex drive. Tired. Failed my classes. The most recent time I was on it it really helped with my depression but it actually caused me to have OCD. I had OCD as a child but hadn't had it in forever. Thought that was weird it triggered it to come back."

Good and bad... (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I give Zoloft (sertraline) a 10/10 for my OCD, as well as for my Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety. I have struggled with these disorders since I was a little kid. Other anti-depressants helped but only a little. Before Zoloft, I was having multiple disabling panic attacks per day, severe anxiety especially at bedtime, and severe OCD including intrusive thoughts and checking behaviors. I have been on 50 mg for 3 months, and it has made a big difference in my symptoms for all of my disorders. My overall anxiety has lessened, my OCD has improved (less checking and fewer intrusive thoughts) and I can now go a week or more without a panic attack. I just moved up to 75 mg to help with remaining anxiety/OCD/panic."

JDK2017 June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have been on 50mg of Sertraline for almost 4 weeks now for anxiety, not depression. The last two weeks have been hell. I am having horrible side effects; worse anxiety, heart palpitations, light weight gain, insomnia, no sex drive, EXCESSIVE sweating (palms, face, and feet), numbness in my hands, bad negative thoughts about dying (never had this before) and pain in my neck. I have decided today that I am going to stop taking this, I feel worse taking this than I did before. The only reason I started taking this was because of my breathing. This is my story, although it doesn't work for me, it may work for someone else."

Jenna1988 June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I was on 50mg of Zoloft for the last 3 years, and it has somewhat reduced my panic attacks, but my depression has gotten much worse. My doctor suggested that I increase my dosage to 100mg, which I did. At this dosage I felt less depressed, but was much more anxious, more angry and starting experiencing manic states for the first time in my life. I do not have bipolar, so this was extremely concerning. I have been taking 3mg of Clonazepam daily with my Zoloft, but I only experience mania after increasing my Zoloft, so I can only suspect I had an adverse reaction"

DaLeinad (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "20 y/o female, prescribed 50mg for major depressive disorder, social anxiety, and just overall generalized anxiety. Been on 50mg for 3 months now. Side effects were minor which consisted of insomnia, loss of appetite, and nausea.. though they subsided within the first few weeks and I now experience none. I love Zoloft! I can live again! I'm laughing and going out with friends, not laying in bed all day. I can finally breath, my surroundings seem so much brighter, I don't harbor hate anymore, I'm me again...More ambitious and creative like I was before I fell into this self destructive path of depression two years ago. I no longer have the desire to self medicate with drugs and alcohol. I wish I got on Zoloft a long time ago."

Kitten.666 June 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on 175mg Sertraline for 3 weeks now. The first two weeks were not great with heightened anxiety on some days, some brain fog but I also experienced some good days. My depression lifted almost completely. I started at 25mg 10 weeks ago and slowly moved up. Each time I moved up a experienced the heightened anxiety and brain fog. The last 5 days I have been feeling much better. I wake up with anxiety and nervousness which I believe is now just a habit I have to change but the anxiety lifts much faster than previous. I'm going to report back in a few weeks but I would say I'm already 80% better."

PaulMartin16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It's hard to know if it's working I feel down majority of the time and the only time I'm happy is when I'm ready for bed. I've been on Zoloft for 6 months now at 100mg I just want this to kick in already. Can I take anything else to help me?"

Vyzz June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Hi all been on this medication for over 4 weeks and have never felt so bad. Stomach aches and diarrhea. Sickness all day, dizziness, tight chest tired all day and sweating like crazy. Its been terrible. I can't take it anymore. I'm on 50 mg for depression and anxiety. I just want to be happy and not stressed. I don't smoke or drink. I'm a size 12. 44 year old lady"

Roseie June 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I attempted staying on sertraline 3 times before I could handle it. The first time I took it in the morning. Bad choice. I was in a fog, my thought process was extremely slow and was paranoid that those I interacted with might notice the slow thought process. You get a kind of headache as if you were injected with a numbing shot in the head. Not like anything I've felt before. I had to give it a third shot after an embarrassing public anxiety attack. I never wanted to experience that again so stood my ground through side effects after reading reviews. So far I've noticed less foggy side affects. Headaches seem to come around in the evening, but are manageable. I'm a lot more relaxed. Moods are stable and positive. Anxiety is under control."

Anciety controlled June 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I started Zoloft after being on citalopram. Citalopram worked the best for me but due to my age, my GP wouldn't raise the dose after 25mg stopped helping. I've been on Zoloft since around February or so and it's increased my anxiety dramatically. To the point that I can't sleep and I'm writing this at 4:49am. I also noticed I started to struggle with death anxiety A LOT which I hadn't had problems with in the past. I am still taking Zoloft but will hopefully be changing medication in the next few weeks."

Kjemma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Continuation from Alee: I went to the ER and my potassium was low; now I'm on potassium pills for 3 days. Today 6/16/17 I had my first panic attack in over a few weeks, my heart was pounding really hard and fast; my left side was numb, I couldn't breathe; so I showered and it calmed me down a bit. I'm hesitant to start back on the zoloft...any suggestions?"

A. Asenth (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started taking sertraline a month ago. So far it has worked great. I no longer feel the way I use to. I use to be on edge, get overwhelmed, irritated easily, constantly worried. Somedays I still get anxiety nothing compared to how it use to be. I feel like the old me, I too was skeptical about starting it but I knew I couldn't go on feeling the way I did it was really taking a toll on me. I am so glad I started it. I started with 25mg and am now on 50mg no side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've only just started taking Sertraline 50mgs today. I've been on amitriptyline 25mg for last week to help me sleep at night and help during the day but hasn't done much. At the moment I'm unable to go out of my street with out having panic attacks. I've not been anywhere for over a month now apart from Dr's having to get taxis there instead of bus as can't cope with being out. How soon will I notice any difference with this medicine. As I need to get out and about again for my daughter's sake (she's almost 3) until last 2 months I was always out and about with her. I'm meant to be going away next weekend for a big family get together for my parents 70th birthdays but way I am I can't go. Will meds kick in b4 next Friday?"

Sezmaya June 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have been on sertraline for 2 months. I find I'm always tired sleep more than I am awake...have no energy feel totally drained it's difficult when you have to work..and I still have terrible heads..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've taken Zoloft for several years: once to help with OCD when I was younger and more recently to help with depression. Overall I definitely experienced less crying and general hopelessness on Zoloft. I still had my bad days but in general it's manageable. The biggest side effect was the weight gain. I gained about 20 lbs in a year. I also felt like I sweat easier on this medication, especially my palms. This was pretty minor though. I'm switching to another medication due to the weight gain and I will say the withdrawals from Zoloft are tough. My emotions were really heightened and anything could make me cry. Be sure to tell your loved ones that you'll need some extra support as you taper off."

cisuggs (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have taken a wide selection on antidepressant drugs from imipramine, prozac, paxil, and Effexor to name a few. Prozac and Effexor being two of the worst drugs. Prozac I had chronic diarrhea and no therapeutic benefit. Effexor had no therapeutic value and left me completely sexually impotent. Sertraline has helped with my racing thoughts and depression with little or no noticeable side effects. My experiences may not be typical for everyone, but it is the best antidepressant I have found."

Budd G (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I'm on 100 mg but I find that I'm always sleepy! I find myself sleeping 12 hours a night and have no desire to wake up in the morning"

Debdebolay4! June 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have only been sertraline for a week and already I feel so much more relaxed generally. The only side effect I have noticed so far is bloating. Did anybody else experience this?"

Jean 3684 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I have just finished sertraline after being on it for three years. My doses ranged between 100-200mg throughout this time. I think I developed some sort of tolerance to it because I stopped as they were not working as effectively as they had been. Overall though... side effects at beginning were terrible for sertraline and lasted 12 weeks for me but I stuck it out. The increased anxiety during this period was the hardest, along with clammy/sweaty hands. Sertraline gave me palpitations the whole time I took them though Benzo use dropped after the 3 month mark, this is typically when I know an antidepressant is starting to do its work. As I said, steadily increased dose and it worked fine for few years then therapeutic effects began to wear off."

Soundchain June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I was on citalopram for about 2 years after I noticed that it stopped working. My psychiatrist prescribed me Sertraline 100mg per day. It went worse for me. I lost nearly every interest and my concentration in school was just awful. After 5 Weeks without improvement I stopped the medication. I slowly reached my normal mindset. I know that the drugs are no wonder pills, but I really hoped for an improvement like on citalopram. I will try out bupropion next week. Hope it will help more."

max1254 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started low dose 25 mg of Zoloft 1 month ago and it was increased two times. The last time was 17 days ago to 100mg. I can't sleep, lost weight, my anxiety is tremendous and still depressed. How long will it take to feel normal?"

Beachshore (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I developed a very specific form of OCD in my early 50's that is commonly described as "Ear Worms". It is where a song or a snippet of a song gets stuck in your head and keeps playing over and over. It got so bad it was literally driving me insane. I would have a snippet playing nonstop for WEEKS! Day and night (kept me awake until I fell asleep from exhaustion). Played at work CONSTANTLY where I couldn't focus. I would be in meetings unable to pay attention because I would have a song blaring over and over in my head. After ramping up doses, I settled at 100mg/day of Zoloft which has SAVED MY LIFE! It works! I can listen to music again and not yell at my wife when she sings. And I have no side effects."

SpongeBob828 June 10, 2017