User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Sertraline reviews 7.4 1,985 reviews

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "This is my 3rd time being on this med. For me it runs it course after a few years and I have to get on a different med. I am highly sensitive to meds of this type. This is day 4 of being on it again. Very low dose of 25 mg. I am to be on this for 6 days and then suppose to bump up to 50 mg. Just don't think I will bump up this soon. This med has been truly a lifesaver once again for me. I had been under high stress for a month and a half and it just kept getting worse. Went back to dr and I asked him to put me back on Zoloft, generic version. He agreed. Very thankful for this med. Not quite back to my old self yet but very close. Minor side effects that I tolerate well. Please give this a try. This drug has been around for many years."

60's lady September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I just begun taking this medicine for bipolar depressive/ borderline personality disorder and the result is a sore throat hot face no emotion other then sad. I possibly have erratic mood changes and not sure of many questions people ask me. It takes a little while for me to find the words to answer."

emilymcintoshadams September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I took it for 5 months under prescription because of work related anxiety and developing sleeping disorder. The side effects: low mental capacity, low will power, emotionally dead, no libido, and memory and concentration impairment, and really feeling down. My psychiatrist insisted that the side effects are actually manifestations of my anxiety. But my mental and emotional health were going down. "It will work eventually" he said on our last meeting. One day l crashed my car against a wall. I stopped immediately the medication, went through one week or so of withdrawal hell. I quit my job, went on a holiday and never took a pill again. It took me two years to restore my abilities, partly because of anxiety, but mostly of Zoloft."

Serious side effects (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Have been on 150mg zoloft for a year and a half- works well but some GI distress and tingliness- Dr said to lower to 100 mg and see how I feel- I hope my body isn't only used to 150mg but will give it a go."

Rosanna3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "MOTIVATION MONDAY: to the lovely folks just like me who spend hours searching online forums looking for something to give you hope. I understand. I want to share what I've learned. When I was in my darkest place I would read reviews about meds not working or awful side effects. I was convinced no medication would work for me because of this. BUT this one did! Please know, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ALWAYS. You are not alone. You are not crazy. Don't give up. You'll be feeling normal again before you know it. This too shall pass!"

Thistooshallpassxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on Serdep 50mg for nearly 3 weeks and feeling so much better. I've been on Lorien before, but didn't help. My emotional status and irritability is so much better."

#zan# September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was on Zoloft for about 3 years when I was a teenager. It tremendously helped my depression. There were side effects however. My doctor told me that it metabolized slowly and takes a few weeks to notice results.. so in my ignorance, I thought that that's how long it takes the body to metabolize the stuff. For at least a year there would frequently be times where I'd forget to take my pill in the morning.. sometimes for a few days in a row. So when I remembered that I should take it, I would take 2,3, or even 4 of them to make up for days where I skipped. Like I said, this is only due to my own stupidity. I would end up being awake ALL night long.. completely stung out and not knowing why. I developed Insomnia and pretty much went crazy."

justsomedude89898 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Well I went to my Doctor and asked for medication for general anxiety and depression. I was prescribed Zoloft. I took it with a meal and about two how's later, I felt like I was having a heart attack as I had chest pain, racing Pulse and palpitations. And I took my Blood Pressure and it was 140/90, Pulse 110. My usual Blood Pressure is 106/70, pulse 75. After about 6 hours, I began to feel OK again thank goodness. I will not be taking this medicine ever again. Going good back to my Doctor and asking for another medicine."

Loves to read (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been taking Setraline for about two weeks for Social anxiety and depression. . I used to take Paroxetine for 3 years and had to switch to Sertraline. Since I'm taking Sertraline I've noticed that I am grumpy and have a very short temper. Any little thing can blow my lid and I honestly hate myself at the moment. I'm so easily irritated that it really annoys me. Yes, I'm getting mad at myself for getting mad at anything. I experience no sexual side effects which is good because Paroxetine kind of muted me down there. It doesn't help much with my depression or social anxiety at the moment. I'll give it a month and maybe increase the dosage."

WorriedGuy August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "It help me tremendously, I have a better life now thanks this medication. I feel great about myself and take life as it is, all my negativity has gone. I feel I can breathe again and the heavy baggage I have carried all my life has gone also. I'm happy and everyday feels good!"

lelonaluna (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Since my twenties I would have anxiety from time to time. In 2003 my mother passed away and my anxiety came on to the extent that I thought about suicide. My Dr put me on Sertraline, a packet to start 12.5mg, 25mg, and then 50mg. While the first 2 or 3 weeks I still had some anxiety, and for maybe a month or so my emotions were flat, eventually I felt normal again. I can even drive on the interstate without fear after years of struggle. I have been on Sertraline for 14 years now, and although I still have some issues with sleep, I feel normal most of the time. It takes a few weeks for your body to adjust, so hang in there if you can."

McPhyl (taken for 10 years or more) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The first day I tried Zoloft, I sat and looked out the window all day, watching it snow. All I could think of was how pretty it was. But it also made my heart beat VERY hard. I could feel my blood pounding through my head and neck harder than I'd ever felt before. My doctor had me try smaller doses, but even at 25mg the same thing happened. So no Zoloft for me. Which is a shame, since it really did show promise."

Serene Celine (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Been on sertraline for about 5 years, been on loads of different antidepressants over the last 25 years. It swings on roundabouts you are on antidepressants for so long then the symtoms come back, over the years you get to know when a change is needed. My experience on sertraline has been quiet good I am on 200 mg with an anti anxiety drug to go along side. It has helped the only downside as a male is my sex appetite is very low on this drug. But would rather have that than the feeling of serious depression and sad disorder. It's worth ago stick it out after the first 4 weeks the symtoms begin to lift. Jack"

Jack1888 August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "After week 2 feel like my old self again-before the depression and anxiety hit. Definitely worked for me."

Chucky148 August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have only been on sertraline 50mg for 4 days and I am going through hell, feeling very low I really hope they work I feel terrible. I have read this will pass in time I hope so. I have had depression and aniexty for many years on all sorts of meds but I got worse so my doctor put me on sertraline."

Paul P (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on 50 mg for a month and it seemed to help a bit. My doctor and I agreed to up to 100mg last week. Since then my anxiety and intrusive thoughts have been awful. Is this just a side effect until it balances out?!"

Mattstevens August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on 100mg sertraline for about a year and a half now and it has been very positive for me. That being said, the first week was brutal. I started at 50mg and the first night I was awake for 48 hours with tremors and intense panic. I was able to reduce it to 25mg, which I tolerated much better in the beginning. I was so close to just giving up on medication because the experience was awful at first. After 2 weeks, though, the side effects went away and we eventually found the best therapeutic dose for me. My anxiety has been reduced by more than half, and the depressive symptoms have all but disappeared. It's not for everyone but I have had an overall positive experience."

Alexis J August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I have been on Zoloft for years now and love it this medicine saved my life before I started taking Zoloft I was a mess!!! depressed and angry all the time I finally after several years decided I'd had enough I told my therapist I wanted an antidepressant I was going to call the doctor myself but she called the doctor. Honestly I remember a girl I met when I was in college who told me I needed help and to go home for the weekend however, I was reluctant to get help only because my parents felt that at the time antidepressants weren't that safe. I must say she was right I feel so much better not a lot of side effects sometimes I get diarrhea from it but mostly it works"

Carwash August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I got prescribed sertraline 25 mg back in April. I take one a day to ease my bipolar disorder and anxiety. At first, it helped some but felt like I could really go higher on dose to be more effective but I wanted to try mixing other natural supplements to work synergistically. I would take turmeric daily, and eventually drink apple cider vinegar as well. At some point in the last month, either the effects of sert had worn off or the apple cider vinegar screwed up my mental health. I have quit sert for about a week and I feel crappy!!! I take fish oil, turmeric, 5htp, choline inositol, multivitamins and jeez idk what is ruining my mind, actual withdrawal or these sups. I feel worthless and guilty it's crazy and I wish I knew what causes it!"

Crazymagoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My story is a positive one and meant to give others hope that they can reclaim their lives and live a normal, happy, healthy one! Dec,2016 I became sick, overloaded, crying constantly & fearful. Dr. gave me Zoloft & Xanax, was terrified to take either, but started xanax once a day at .12mg and it eased anxiety soon went to .25 2x a day. Finally took Zoloft 25mg. Side effects were horrible! Upped to 37.5 after 2 months,2 months later 50.Wish I had listened and taken 50 mg First. My family forced me to stick with it, tho side effects were unbearable.Then One day ,4 weeks into the 50mg dose I felt like my old self. I was excited about life! Happy again. After a week I quit Xanax. I'm Working again &l oving life! Seek therapy! You can do it!"

Cara802 August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "At first sertraline made me worse, more depressed, insomnia, stomach pains, nausea, headaches, but after a few weeks I felt a lot of my depression going away, however it's taken a lot of dose increases to get to a comfortable level where it works on my depression, 4 months later and I finally feel like myself again. would recommend even though the side effects are kinda rough"

sertralineformajordepression August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Been on 50g for 5 days and I am going to stop. I have had every side effect and the my anxiety yesterday hit the roof. Sleeping has been difficult. I know people stay stick with it but the side effects scare me to stay the course."

annonymous person August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Zoloft about 4 years ago, prescribed because I have always had a lot of social anxiety and was in a lonely place. Started with 50mg then went back to docs after 4 months and he increased me to 100mg. I was on 100mg for a year but decided to come back down to 50mg as at times I felt a bit too groggy on 100mg, plus I struggled with sex - had no desire really, felt a bit of a zombie. I also saw a therapist every week for a year, but stopped that because I felt we reached a dead end and it was a waste of money. So 4 years later I'm still pretty lonely, still have mild depression which comes and goes and still struggle a bit with people. However I would say all of the bad stuff is about half as intense thanks to Zoloft/Sertraline"

Mickey555 August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Nothing to share only the fact that I shouldn't have taken this so called drug in the first place and I've learnt now to read the leaflet before putting anything into my system. This drug has screwed me around felt like I was dying with all the symptoms. Glad I was only on it for less than a month and got off it cold turkey and feel heaps good now. I don't suggest this drug to anybody if u are having depression or anything else. Seek some counselling. This is the worse thing u could put ur body through.!"

tinaa25 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I just started this medication and even ask my docs why I should have them? I'm sure they do some herbal tablets. He said let me help you, because my anxiety etc was getting worst and is in the stage where I'm losing who I am. I'll post later how I feel thanks all for all your comments I'm on 50mg once a day"

New starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017