User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1408 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Before taking this medication I was experiencing sleepless nights. Sometimes this would happen for 3 nights in a row. There was no reason for me to feel anxiety or feel as if a panic attack was coming on. My panic and anxiety feelings were in my stomach& my throat. I felt like I could scream but I could never get it loud enough. I was also experiencing stomach ulcer symptoms. I had no clue what was wrong w/ me. At work I started to experience social anxiety. I would feel panicked, my face would get flushed & my neck and chest would break out in hives. One other extremely annoying symptom was getting up during the night to pee when I really didn't have to. My doctor prescribed 25 then 50 then 75 then 100mg of zoloft and I'm 100% better."

B100 July 3, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I recently started zoloft [literally 3 days ago] 50mg daily, and I already am feeling level headed, less anxious and just simply good. After months of feeling suicidal, paranoid, depressed, and hopeless around the time of my menstrual cycle , it's helping. I truly believe this is not a placebo affect- as I am horribly negative around my menstrual cycle, I physically and mentally feel a change [more focus towards tasks and not current worries and willing to get up and go!] The PA i see said I could either take zoloft 3 weeks out of the month or I could take it daily for the whole month. I chose daily dosing. I'm so glad I made the leap to actually talk to someone and get a diagnosis of PMDD"

Nicoleashley88 July 2, 2016

For Depression: "I use this medication for more than depression, especially since I'm diagnosed with other mental illnesses such as bipolar and body dystrophic disorder (many more). But the medication does in fact help, I have been on it for a year now(I'm 15) since prosaic hasn't helped. Although medication is meant to help you, it can't solve your problems, but it can give you the power to be able to solve them yourself"

Jinxx June 29, 2016

For Depression: "I have been in a major depression for 3 years, and possibly a minor depression before that , I also have anxiety and social phobia, I have been on Sertraline for almost two months now, and I noticed an enormous difference the first few days, I started to smile, laugh, make eye contact, and the fear of public is slowly easing ! I can not describe how bad life was before Sertraline. I am 34 years old and have been living a life that wasn't a life at all, now I am feeling better than I have ever felt. I do get dry mouth ! But, oh to laugh again! (Worth it). I am usually not a person who even uses Tylenol , so for me to try this, I was desperate . I don't feel high nor drugged or even out of my body! I feel whole"

A long time gone June 27, 2016

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Zoloft saved my life. There's no doubt about that. My anxiety had gotten to its worse point before I got put on my low dosage of 25 mg and ever since I have been doing so much better."

rwagz98 June 26, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "After struggling for what felt like years I decided to go to the doctors who referred me to a therapist, i felt like that was working and I was cleared by her. After a couple of months the stress of day to day life as well as studying in Sixth Form got too much for me and I felt like I had fallen into the same problem as before. I visited the doctors again and i got put on 50g sertraline, i have been on them for about 6 weeks now and i have never felt so low before. the side effects i have received are feeling depressed and suicidal thoughts, i have never felt this low before in my whole entire life."

Milly1998 June 25, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I am women 45 and suffer of general anxiety and panic attacs voor 25 jears. I took Zoloft already tree times in my life and it helped me every time. But every time I stopped my sympthomes turned back. I am taking Zoloft again voor 5 weeks and for the first time I have very bad side effects like naussea more panic bad sleeping...even after 5 weeks. I still hope it will help like other times but it is weard and I am worrying it will not work. I had some good days but genarally it is not going well at this moment. I also tried other AD in the past and nothing helped me like Zoloft. I was always at 50mg and it was enough. Maybe I have to take more or wait longer. I gave it 10 because of his working in the past. Anybody same experience?"

diana1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Depression: "I've just started taking sertraline this week but I feel worse then I did."

Dovesong (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I suffer from harm-ocd (violent impulsive thoughts), and im taking Zoloft for almost 2 years now. Im currently 23 years old. Here is my review.. It helped me much but it didnt eliminate OCD. Though, it reduced anxiety and the frequency my mind produces impulsive thoughts with. In the past, i had pains in the back side of my head and Zoloft made them go away. Nonetheless, I also had some side effects. If i take it late at night, it will cause me tension making it hard for me to sleep. Additionally, i feel like its much harder for me to climax during sex. I still can ofcourse, but i need to put the double effort."

NickAsim23 June 22, 2016

For Depression: "I started at 50 mg because of post partum depression and at first, I didn't experience hardly any side effects. After 2 weeks, I went to 2 of 50 mg and felt more energized. However, after a couple months my dr switched me to 100 tablets and I became extremely irritable, jittery, had alot of mood swings and ended up in the er for trying to commit suicide. The dr told me this was normal and to just stick with it. She even wanted to have me go up to 200 mg. So, I tried to wait it out. It continued to get worse. I started having rage towards my husband and acting out with agression which Is not the kind of person I am.I ended up having tests done which showed I have a vitamin D deficiency and began taking vitamin d3. I'm so done with zoloft"

Hate it (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "hello, i was seriously in trouble with my ocd, tried several meds including cipralex and seroquel but cipralex was not as effective so i changed to lustral, i am now cured and i cant believe it, it is like a second life present from god! if you have ocd problems it is the best, but i guess everyone s system is different so everyone should find what med suits them."

theocdsufferer June 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I found out I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder and general Anxiety Disorder. I was putting myself in a bubble and would curl up in a ball just to escape. I quit a job I loved because of the stress, I quit going to to the grocery store and other public places because the anxiety was too much. Ithe was effecting my relationships and I was in a bad place where I thought that was what life was about. After being diagnosed, I was given Zoloft. I looked at my phsycharist like he was crazy. Like this one pill a day would really have the effect of fixing me. I have taken it religiously, every day as prescribed. After 4 weeks I want to cry. I was missing so much, and haven't felt this good on years. I have my life back. Thank you zoloft"

Brookelookbook (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "iv be on Sertraline 100mg for about 18 months for my anxiety they help me a lot but still have panic attcks or fell bad in big places and still have dark thoughts and if someone looks at me i think there out to get me then panic always think the worst thing is going to happen to me but not as bad as it was before taking Sertraline. the only side effects i got was head zaps witch fill fairs cool and wen i ran out of meds befor and couldnt get any over the weekend i was having real bad mood swings they also made me put on weight 1 was 10 stone 18 months ago now im over 13"

cagey13 June 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I started this only 25mg been on it 23 days and have had episodes of anxiety sitting at home some days. But my bp goes up when I have an attack. Anyone else have this happen and when I'm relaxed my pulse rate is around 69-70 but when I'm not its around 99-115. Dr wants me to stay on it this dose another 30 days as I'm sensitive to meds I also take Valium for meiner's but it's never helped my anxiety."

Aj1970 June 17, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have suffered for years from extreme anxiety, ocd, depression and stress; this has saved my life. I have only taken it for a month but I feel "normal" for the first time in my life. It also has helped me from withdrawing from adderall I was taking for ADHD symptoms, and I can actually focus better now than I could before on the ADD meds."

LaurenH2016 June 16, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Started tzking sertraline 8 days ago 25mg for my anxiety. Well so far it has been hard i am experiencing all side effects increased anxiety, insomnia, nausea, complete loss of appetite, sweating. I am waking up at 5 every morning with anxiety and have to force myself to go to work. I also take 1/2 a xanax 2-3 times a day. I have 2 teenage kids and barely able to function ie cook dinner because i feel so nauseous. At times of increased anxiety i feel like i am losing my mind. Tonight is night 8 and i have been awake since 1am took 1/2 xanax and still cant sleep. Trying to stick it out but i am really struggling because i have to go to work to pay mortgage. Reading these pages gives me a bit of hope but dont know how long i can last."

Lozzabird (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Lo┼║zabird June 16, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started sertraline three days ago 50mg for stress and depression i also take propranolol 30mg a day and iv just felt spaced out always need to sleep not really hungry feel sick constantly and cant really get out of bed my legs feel really weird like tingling feeling but i feel a lot calmer already like im on cloud 9 i was getting bad thoughts not just about hurting myself but other people and for the first time in ages iv felt abit normal just hope the side affects soon wear off and start feeling myself agen"

razo June 15, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been taking Zoloft for over a year (100mg tablets) for my SAD and depression. before Zoloft I was engaged in self harm, overly complicated fear, panic attacks, depersonalization, no motivation, and missing school at least once a week from lack of motivation. Now that I've been on it, I've been less involved in those problems, though I wouldn't say it's 100% from the Zoloft, but rather just some life choices, though the Zoloft did still cater into those choices. I'm still depressed and have anxiety, but I have improved since I started taking it, and I thank it for helping me. I would say that my panic attacks and motivation have improved and I'm having less problems, I can finally say I'm even just a little happy with life again."

Lacteal17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have terrible anxiety and occasional PTSD and panic attacks (which I also believe cause my ulcers and IBS). It got to be that I was so afraid of everything I'd get myself physically sick. I got the courage to tell my doctor and he prescribed Zoloft. I've been taking half a pill this week and have to go to a full pill next week. It's absolutely amazing, my thoughts don't linger on every little thing now, I don't worry at all or panic. I don't assume people are mad at me anymore, I can sleep at night, and I can eat without getting sick. The first few days were ROUGH. I got literally every listed side effect, but they cleared up as the week went on. If it's working for you, keep at it, the side effects will go away."

Buri (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on Sertraline for 4 weeks now for PMDD, OCPD and anxiety. At first I actually felt really great. Even felt like it held off my PMDD symptoms until just a few days prior to my cycle. However could still feel the symptoms of my PMDD so I had my 4 wk chk up w my Psych. I asked to be increased to 100mg to which he agreed. However before I had a chance to pick up the new script - I noticed that the day I ended my cycle my PMDD symptoms hadn't subside like they usually do. I feel spaced out am having anxiety worse than before, feel irritable, dizzy and am even experiencing a little bit of depression which was never a symptom I suffered from prior. I am afraid to up the meds for fear of these side effects? getting worse."

Stillhopeful2 June 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It took a couple of weeks to start working, during that time I was using diazepam to until it was working,this helped with sleep to. Only down side is libido, there is none,if you do have some. I could not orgasm. Thats all changed now for the better,were I was mentally sex was not important. The first time I was in my 30s on medication for 8 months. Was ok for 5 years, then I messed up by over working { IE lack of sleep working long hours } I was back to square one. Been on medication for 10 years though I have lowered the dosage a lot,now having problems geting of diazepam though I am taken only 2mg twice a day."

Bazzal June 13, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "hey ive just started sertraline 4 days ago doctor put me on 60mg and at moment i feel jumpy,tired,and very sickley,but i hope these feelings go away am starting to sweat i feel anxiety setting in as well,i do suffer from bad anxiety anyway but on othr medication to help that.so am hoping this will settle down i am sleepin okay,but waking up earlier than normal.i think i might give it time to settle in am hopein these are some side effects am having:)"

Rizzoo2 June 10, 2016

For Depression: "I was on zoloft for about 3 months. It caused headaches especially as dosage was increased. Nearly impossible to sleep more than 5 hours. And caused hot flashes and racing thoughts at any dose over 100mg. It also increased my blood pressure. Started helping depression a bit after many helpless weeks but not enough to stay on it satisfactorily."

alex05cubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2016

For Depression: "Works well although it basically numbs you."

Sweatysausage (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2016