User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

5.5
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1944 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Sertraline

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Started off at age 13 on Prozac, age 14-16 back and forth from ciprelax and Prozac, and 17-18 200 mg of Zoloft, I find this the most useful, but when I miss a day of taking it I become very down and hear and see things I shouldn't, also I take this with prescribed sleeping pills"

Prettybritty August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft for almost 5 months and I can honestly say it has saved me and and made my life brighter in so many ways. I was really struggling with GAD and panic attacks for about 3 years before I began and was struggling to cope, which felt very isolating. Zoloft has made me more feel more at ease, I feel more productive and motivated every day and far less irritated and impatient, to just name a couple of the benefits. I wish I hadn't waited so long to start (I was afraid of side effects), but I'm happy to say I'm feeling so much better. The side effects are difficult, I won't lie, for me they lasted about a month. I mostly just felt tired and spaced out and not very hungry. They do disappear however and it's so worth it."

Natalieeeeeee August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've had the pleasure of being on sertraline 100mg for the last 8 years and I honestly believe I wouldn't be in this world if I wasn't. Every now and again I get tight jaw muscles or the odd day of nausea and every once in a while, when I'm feeling really sorry for myself, I can eek out a tear and have minor meltdown. But nothing like before. This drug has saved me."

Krislou (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on this medication previously and after a week gave up hope and stopped taking it. Recently my anxiety became out of control as did my depression. I literally had no hope left. I felt sad, lonely, out of focus, irritable, suicidal, and hopeless. I would wake up having panic attacks and go to sleep having panic attacks. I started researching ways to off myself and came very close. I decided to finally seek help and while awaiting my referral to see a psychiatrist my doctor gave me this medication. I am taking 100 mg once a day. It took a week of the medicine to feel the full effects but I feel happy again, focused, grounded, and way less anxious. I find myself laughing more, joking, smiling and not constantly anxious."

Jaws Nicollet July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I didn't realize it at the time but this stuff really did literally make me bipolar! I never considered myself bipolar before this medication. It made me not be able to sleep for days at a time, made my normal moods worse at times, and just over all set off mental conditions that I don't normally have issue's with, and at the time I didn't see or understand that, now."

5150Aries (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been on this medication for exactly 20 days now, and believe me when I say it has saved my life! I dealt with extremely disturbing intrusive thoughts, leading to to severe anxiety and depression for 4 years. After almost giving up come for my life completely, I finally told my GP about my situation, he and a pysch confirmed the OCD put me on 50mg of Zoloft first week then 100mg and I finally feel like myself again! OCD is minimal and definitely manageable, to the point where it barely bothers me and I only know it'll improve because its only been 20 days! It does give a little diarrhea but its so worth it."

imnotmyocd (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was born anxious and have been on various meds most of my life. After self-medicating myself through the 80s and 90s, with a multitude of illegal substances, I eventually hit an all-time low point and just had to stop. Sertraline is the best prescription drug I have used, compared to all the other options I have tried. Having been on it for many years and using my experiences of other, more nefarious substances, I personally find that by stopping for a week or two, every two to three months not only increases the positive effects of the drug but also makes it easier coming of sertraline for longer periods, without suffering any severe withdrawal symptoms. Just my experience, I am NOT a doctor, ALWAYS consult a professional."

corrosiveabuser (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I used to be against medication but when my anxiety and depression began to feel uncontrollable, I decided maybe it was time to seek help. I started zoloft about a week ago, and I feel the need to really tell you guys so far on how I feel. I am less moodier. My husband had noticed a huge change in me. I used to always be in this bad mood and my anxiety used to get the best of me by running my whole day. I am so much more in control of me emotions. My husband isn't too fond of me being on this, however, my kids seem to be a lot more happier (even him) when I am more peaceful."

Jay92 July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was so unsure about getting on meds and really wanted to overcome a newly discovered and life crushing panic disorder I had developed. Running into people put me in panic mode, I walked around thinking everyone was staring / laughing at me. I've officially been on Sertraline for 2 months and my world has changed. I have my confidence back, I'm dating, I'm reconnecting with people and feel like my old self. This drug has saved my life. Please don't knock back the option if it's available! I'm 23 years of age and thought my life was over - I have been given a reboot and I'm so happy with where I am at now! Best wishes x Side note: minor side effects initially were diarrhea and falling asleep at 4am but that has all passed."

Mattyfofo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Break down last October. Caused by the constant trials of being a carer of 16 yrs, spinal surgery & almost overnight profound hearing loss. Had had enough! Sertraline 100mg has made me brighter, happier, more positive, no longer as anxious about the future. For me it has worked wonders & am told I will require it for long term. Side effects which I believe are associated with sertraline. Most nights I'm asleep at 8pm. Can no longer relax & watch TV at night. Have huge long assorted crazy dreams every night."

Swayze. July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have suffered from severe anxiety punctuated by depressive episodes all of my life. At 58 having been prescribed many medications, this is the best ever. Before this prescription I was feeling so anxious I thought I would break. I am now feeling what I think is 'normal' for the first time ever, by which I mean I feel 'normal' amounts of anxiety in 'normal' degrees in appropriate situations- I feel I am in control of situations instead of them controlling me. I feel so much better, calm and relaxed, and it worked quickly. I wish I had tried it years ago."

Sillkie July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Got prescribed Zoloft after my 20 year relationship ended after my ex husband became addicted to meth. I was very depressed and couldn't control my thoughts about the situation, I had a hard time sleeping, zoning out, focusing, and adjusting to my normal everyday life. I started on 25 mg for about 3 weeks then increased to 50 mg. I've been on 50mg for a couple months and feel so much better. I can focus on my life again and never break down crying anymore etc. I had no side effects besides loose stool here and there. I like how there were no real side effects for me and it did what I was seeking. I would recommend to try Zoloft before other medications. I will not increase my dosage."

40 year old F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been taking Sertraline for a little over 5 weeks now consistently, and I've gradually noticed changes in my mood; I feel more motivated to make breakfast, do my makeup, do my hair, and do things that I used to love doing prior to my OCD and Depression flare up. I started off at 25mg, and I'm now at 100mg.. I don't know if I'm going to increase my dosage anymore but so far so good! :)"

Muniherbs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I previously gave this a 10. l said it changed my life but since moving cities my anxiety has gotten so bad and OCD has gotten worse - not sure if it pooped out or just circumstances or need to change meds...frustrating"

Matty12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I take Sertraline for depression and anxiety and while it works well, it also gives me insomnia and my jaw shakes a lot during the day. I almost feel high when I wake up (due to taking my tablet just before I go to bed to try and stop the insomnia) and for the first week or so I felt sick and was heaving constantly however this wore off within a week. That being said, I don't feel upset or anxious anymore, but I don't feel happy either. I just feel like I can get through the day and it's nice to not be crying and feeling scared all day :)"

Pippa26 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Didn't do a dang thing ! I took it like I was told to, and I waited & waited & waited some more! After a few months of not feeling any difference, or any better at all I quit taking it."

Brene July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Sertraline is very effective in reducing the duration and severity of suicidal ideation and acting on it. Side effects are minimal."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Decided to try an antidepressant after a long time of depression and severe anxiety. The first 2 weeks as hell. Depression worsen and I just felt like something as weird, like I couldn't figure out how my mood was. But after sticking through it I noticed a change almost after a month. Noticed I got up in the morning a lot easier without feeling down. My depression and anxiety has subsided to where it's manageable. Not a complete cure but no medication really is. Also, DO NOT miss a dose. Did this for 2 days and had severe anxiety, panic attacks and felt very out of it. Felt scatter brained and had a slow reaction and when socializing and talking with people."

Dog Lover 13 July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Dose: 25 mg's once daily. Pro's: found this great for anxiety/mild-moderate depression. Took in the morning with food. Started to feel better within 48 hours. My brain felt calm & focused. Slept so well at night. Con's: dry mouth, stomach bloat/continual stomach pain and IBS like symptoms all day long. I also suffer from GERD/Acid Reflux and already had been taking prescribed PPI stomach pill prior, yet this did not help nor reduce any of gastro side effects of the Sertraline. Unfortunately, this was a deal breaker and I have decided to stop with the med because of ongoing daily stomach/gastro issues. My brain did so well on this med but my stomach did not."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was in the darkest place I had ever been before taking Zoloft. I was on Prozac prior, and I would have 3 to 4 panic attacks a day. I would go to to class and need to excuse myself so I could scream and cry about how I would lose everything if I failed out of university, my family, my fraternity brothers, my reputation etc. I am so grateful my GP prescribed this to me. The first few days, all I wanted to do was sleep. I took about 1 week to get any sort of reaction. I was finally able to focus on school and relax/ play video games. I haven't had a single panic attack since starting this medication, and I couldn't be happier! My friends and family all noticed the difference too!"

Satoshikun July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started sertraline 50mg nearly a year ago, I was very stressed constantly! Shouting at the kids for silly things, I hated myself and was always looking at the stuff I didn't have!! Very moody and miserable and this started affecting my relationship! I went to the doctors and she gave me sertraline, I did not have any side effects other than a unsettled stomach for a week or so. I started seeing improvements in the first week! It completely changed my outlook on life and I am so happy now and can enjoy the simple things in life again.. would highly recommend this drug!"

Lisajones12e345678 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was put on Sertraline (Zoloft for USA readers) after a depressive period. I hit a new low and I needed help immediately. I had taken Mirtazapine for over ten years for insomnia; but it didn't seem to work anymore and life was intolerable so was put on Sertraline. The first two weeks were difficult: diarrhoea, insomnia (again), dry mouth etc. But after the first week I saw subtle changes, a month and I was smiling again. It took three months to fully feel the effects and it's no underestimation to say that it's changed my life. I sleep every night now, which was unthinkable back then. I'm able to cope and I see a future. Different drugs effect people differently but I have nothing but good things to say about Sertraline."

LJCC July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I had a very bad experience on setraline started taking 50 mg daily increased to 100mg, have never felt so ill. I couldn't leave the house so anxious, couldn't eat, felt sick all the time, couldn't concentrate and very depressed, cut down the dose over 10 days and stopped but had to go onto beta blockers to controll my anxiety, now cutting them down to come off those too, back on old antidepressant escitrapram and feeling a lot better. I will never take sertraline again."

Kamberri July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It's helped my life. I am more focused, more balanced, want to go out more, and I am eating healthier and exercising, which results in the weight loss. Only downside is that if I forget to take it for even one day, my depression comes right back at me and I am in bed all day."

Alia8744 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "20 year old college student. I've had OCD since I was a kid (depression since junior year of high school) but only within the last year did I make the choice to take an SSRI. There's a lot of ambiguity surrounding antidepressants, and you can't really extract much from reviews without feeling reluctant. Yes, there are side effects that appear within the early stages. It is scary to ingest a drug you know little about. However, I can feel happy again, which I thought I had lost the ability to do. I don't believe everything is hopeless, which I, truthfully, thought I'd feel the rest of my life. It's been a lifesaver, and at 100mg, nothing feels inherently different about myself. It's just a tablet. Don't let it be more than it ought to be."

Ruhrohraggy34 July 8, 2017