User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1780 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Just to sum things up. I'm 18 years old. Started with prozac and went to full dose. Was on prozac for about 1 year at max dose (60mg), but it helped little. I took 50mg Zoloft for 5 weeks. Did see a change in my Anxiety, were it down somewhat. Now I've been on 100mg Zoloft for 3 days, and I have started to get dizzy sometimes at the day. I also have depression and OCD. It has not helped anything with the depression, the anxiety have become somewhat less and my OCD feels worse (do not know if this is a side effect). 4 weeks from now I will up to 150mg Zoloft, if the 100mg shows little improvements. My doctor says after full dose of Zoloft, there will be the option to try Cipralex. Im rather for trying CBD (medicinal cannabis)."

Martin 16y March 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Worked very well for intrusive thoughts OCD for 5 months and then when I missed dosages and tried starting back on it again it stopped working. Other than that I had no problems with Zoloft."

Sean0810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I took this for 3 days and felt like a zombie.Doctor gave me this to help me focus for school rather than a narcotic. Needless to say it didn't help I feel like complete garbage. I have had a headache no appetite, insomnia, and hot flashes this stuff is awful! Im just going to be non focused rather than try and find something this isn't worth it!"

Sleepy89 March 30, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Made me wake in the night with hot sweats. Constant dry mouth. Insomnia was awake for 36 hours straight. Sent me into an even deeper black hole than I was already in left me crying uncontrollably and feeling lower than I was before. Stopped after one week and felt better for it"

Candyfloss (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "My story goes like this : In December my life was turned upside down, my best friend got killed. Like most people I cried, but then got on with my life .. until 6 weeks ago : I found myself sitting on my balcony 14 stories high at 7am planning to kill myself. I had wrote a letter to my parents and my friends apologising for letting them down. I stood from my balcony and attempted to jump. I didn't, something stopped me, as I didn't want to die. Baring in mind this depression came on so quickly .. I went to bed, and woke up with these awful thoughts. I rang my doctors in tears, they got me to see somebody straight away.... and I can honestly say ... I have never looked back. These 50mg tablets are the best thing that has happened to me"

Jan1981 March 29, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Postpartum Depression: "A game-changer for me and as a result, my family. I felt panicked, angry and had racing thoughts. Within a few days I was more calm, within weeks I was relaxed and could think rationally rather than be anxious. I've continued to take it as I just feel so much better as a result."

Postpartum and thensome March 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I started on 25mg and went up to 50mg/day for a relapse of pure-obsessional OCD. It took about a month for it to start working but this drug in combination with learning the principles of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy (ERP Therapy) - a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have allowed me to regain control of my mind. The depression that came with the relapse vanished in two weeks, anxiety and intrusive thoughts slowly dissipated/reduced in intensity about a month afterwards. I feel normal again and I couldn't be happier. If you're one of the unlucky folks who have been blessed with OCD, give sertraline (Zoloft) a shot. Just make sure to combine it with therapy otherwise it won't be as effective."

duderino March 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Years ago, I took Zoloft while going through chemo, and it helped me cope better. I wasn't crying as much. But, now you can only get generic, so I tired Sertraline for depression and panic attacks. It wiped me out. I could not keep my head up unless I had slept about 12 hrs each night. When I tapered off, I began to experience some cognitive issues. My typing speed dropped, and my error rate went up. I'd type things (words & phrases) I didn't intend to, and not type things I intended to. A neurologist said the med was likely helping my serotonin levels, but, when I tapered off, my brain was having issues. Varied doses didn't help either problem, so I tapered off. Tiredness stopped quickly. Typing issue slowly improved over 2-2.5 months."

Doe-see-doe March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed Zoloft 10 years ago when I went through a very stressful experience and started having panic attacks & depression I found Zoloft to be fantastic; a true 'happy pill'! Within a month, life felt like living again, my panic attacks ceased, I was far better able to cope with my circumstances at the time, and I was able to stop taking it a few months later. I took it again a year later on the advice of a doctor, who suggested it for my chronic irritable bowel syndrome; unfortunately it did not work for this condition. However, I mistakenly stopped taking Zoloft suddenly instead of gradually reducing the dose, and began having severe hypnic jerks at night , which are a known side effect."

SandyKatz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This is my third day on Zoloft. The symptoms are like a roller coaster. 50mg/day. I feel like I'm on speed. No appetite, can't sleep, wake up shaky, have the sweats with a light headache and now today I can't get out of bed and my vision is weird... Everything I've read online says these are normal and one day I'll wake up and feel like a million bucks. I hope this is the case because these side effect are super weird."

ZoloftuserofAL (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I have tried several antidepressants, but nothing seemed to work. However, I started Zoloft about a week ago, and I am officially sold on it. It makes me feel more optimistic about life. I'm enjoying life more minus all of the worrying. I think it must be working because my 7 year old told my 10 year old that "mom's acting weird, she's being really nice","

Babydoll77 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I am diagnosed with severe depression. Since started taking 25 mg things improved in the first 3 days. I stopped crying and was able to work on my issues communicating with the surrounding in a more positive way. We upped the dose to 50 mg. The only drawback are vivid dreams that I am having, Night sweats, And I feel extremely sleepy at 10-11 am if I don't get out of the house. I also feel more tired throughout the day. But it doesn't affect my workout routine for example. Of course the drug doesn't solve my problems but it gave me possibility to calm down and look at things in a better brighter light and enables me to communicate my concerns without agitation, or crying, or screaming or yelling."

J10019 March 25, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was having a bad panic attack/anxiety (slight depression as a result) relapse and in my haste I decided to try zoloft starting at 25mg. I took one pill and it resulted in: worse anxiety, cold sweats, trembling, a bad high feeling, panic, nausea, no appetite. I am still stuck with the effects to a lesser degree and it has been over 24 hrs since the dose. Truly feels like a Horrible MDMA high, with zero fun. Apparently takes 120-500 hrs to get out of your system fully from one dose. I have not had luck trying any SSRI's as my horrific side effects start immediately. I should have trusted my gut and gone through counselling again-which I am!"

KTKAT March 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "These reviews helped me so much when I first started Zoloft over 5 weeks ago that I wanted to post my experience. After several weeks of increasingly worsening panic attacks at work, I ended up in the hospital. A year ago my psych Dr switched me from cymbalta to a mood stabilizer and things were good until November as stress at work increased. I was depending on too much bromazepam to get through the day. My GP started me on 50 mg of Zoloft and my anxiety was so bad also tremors for 4 weeks I was sure I would have to quit working or cut my hours. But this Monday on week 5 was amazing. I still have some anxiety but I seem to be able to handle it now. It's like I have my confidence back. Good luck!"

Dentalhygienist68 March 23, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Hi. I felt like posting here because I saw multiple reviews by people who had taken Zoloft for a few days, or a few weeks, and had bad experiences. I wanted to say that, though everyone is different, it will take at least a month or two before you start to feel "better" on any Anxiety med. Also, probably starting with a small dose and working your way up after several weeks would be a good idea. My GP told me to take half a pill, then go to a full pill after a week, which is crazy, and I had just about every side effect and dizziness for the first month. The second time around with Zoloft, I took one fourth of my pill, and ramped up every four days. If you have side effects, know that this is normal, and you will feel better soon."

Sleepy22116 March 22, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Brilliant for my teen & worked to reduce his OCD & anxiety."

Luckyjenny (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had been suffering with anxiety for a better part of my life, but never had it gotten as bad as it was in the last 2 years. I would have intense panic attacks and was afraid to socialize. This in turn led me to become depressed. The first drug I was put on was fluoxetine. This drug was not compatible with me AT ALL. My anxiety become 10 times worst. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have hour long panic attacks, could barely eat. I genuinely thought I was going to die on this drug, and I even become suicidal. I told my psychiatrist and was put on sertraline 50mg. Within the first week I could feel a significant difference. Way happier, anxiety decreased significantly, and more motivated. I began to felt like my self again!!"

Happygirl24 March 22, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've been on it for a week and a bit . I gotta say it's not what I expected. I've never taken anything before , so this is all a first . Well I was put on 50mg and that made me extremely sleepy . It was all I did and I couldn't really do much else . Went to the doctors and lowered my dose to 25 mg. That seems a lot better . I'm able to get up and do things . I still feel dizzy and don't really feel like eating . I'm starting to feel better though . I don't feel like crying and I'm not obsessing or replaying things in my mind . That sharp pain in my stomach has lessen as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I didn't really notice any side affects too bad. More like bad sleeping habits (waking up at 2 am and not going back to sleep for two hours) and I also had nightmares quite frequently for two weeks. But I've been taking it for 6 weeks now for depression and anxiety, and I feel great. I have so many more good days than I used to. I'm not down as often."

Mak11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm gonna start with saying do not read all the negative reviews! I was iffy about taking this and read the reviews, huge mistake... I had anxiety about taking the anxiety medicine. I waited a few days before taking it and after speaking to a few people who have been on it and a friend of mine who is a pharmacist, I decided I would try it! I am so surprised at how different everything is, so different I can't believe this is normal for people. I often catch myself thinking about how clear my mind is and I'm not freaking out about car accidents, fires, natural disasters or death. I'm not living in fear or anything, although it has only been a few days I can definitely tell a difference the only side effect so far is cotton mouth. Good luck:)"

Tankers12334 March 20, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Basically all I can say is that when my depression decides to crush every bone in my body as least I have now gotten the strength to get up and say "right this is boring, time to try and be productive!!" To be honest... call this TMI but my libido has definitely increased since taking this drug. My anxiety used to stop me from feeling anything. So yep, not so bad. Started this drug last year in May. Longest I've ever stuck to a drug, so that's saying something. I've gotten to know myself a little more since then. Only side effects are having periods of being emotionless, paranoia, addictive nature, VERY WILD AND VIVID DREAMS, slight rage, days full of nothing but sadness and an ongoing identity crisis. I'm on 50mg. Can't handle higher"

DanDanIsMe March 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I started sertraline 25 mg hade it for 4 weeks I started to feel better then stopped because it was making me to sleepy. It's been 3 months since I stopped now my doctor told me to start again. I took 25 mg just one 2 weeks ago and am getting very bad chest pain I went to hospital and they said its not your heart but I am getting my depression back I can't take it cuz still have chest pain"

gapshap1 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "(Sertraline) is the most worst depression treatment for my son. The first time when my son had started to take these pills he was feeling normal but one day he started to have unusual pains which he couldn't describe in the chest which was everyday. Because of the pain he was going to A&E for a check up twice in a week and shockingly nothing had came up. But that pain took my precious sons life forever and I wish from that day on that he had never started these particular pills. So I want to warn you that you still have time so please don't make yourself regret the day u started to take these like my son edward."

lucy.edward March 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Started about 10 days ago, the first week was tough, sertraline kept me up and ruined my sleep cycle a bit, had a shaking jaw, low appetite, struggled to hold a conversation. It's gotten a lot better, though. I wake up between 6 and 7 am, I feel like my energy is slowly coming back to me, I don't feel hopeless and suicidal. I'm on a 6-month course of it and I'm hoping I come out of this feeling good."

Bard_ March 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Unfortunately this medication didn't work for me and I was combining it with exercise on a regular basis. I feel so low most days and I sometimes find it hard to even go out at all. I'm not trying a SNRI to see if that works. On the plus side no side effects at all."

Sarahm1992 March 16, 2017