User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1447 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been a "high functioning" depressed/anxious person for 10+ years now. After college the depression eased up but the tremendous guilt and the irritability/anger remained. Then the anxiety started to wreck havoc on my professional life. I felt I could do nothing right; thought about quitting my job; I was self-harming. One week I was so anxious I only slept 3-4 hours each night. I went to my PCP and asked for an SSRI; she put me on Zoloft. 12.5mg for first 3 days, then 25mg for 2 weeks, then I upped it to 37.5mg and then 50mg. It's changed my life. So many fears and guilt have significantly lessened. I feel like I can cope with life again. I had all the side-effects for the first 2 weeks, but it was worth it! Now I feel so much better!"

justanothermillenial (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

For Depression: "After 2 years on this horrible roller cost er ride and major mood swings my doctor put me on Zoloft. The very first day I tried it, I smiled more and things that would made me mad (pretty much everything) no longer did. I feel like a new person and the only side effect that I have experienced was a small rash on my shoulder area, but it was gone after three days. I feel as now I can reach my college goals. I pray that everyone could feel this amazing. God bless"

WiiZoe. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Ok so I'm a 18 year old girl and I stret taking Zoloft/sertraline at 200 mg about two years ago when I was in a psych hospital for suicide attempts and ptsd from a near death asthma attack. My parents think I'm better, but the medicine is making me have absolutely awful thoughts. I quit it cold turkey for about two weeks without telling them and I felt so much relief. They then found out and I was put back on. I am afraid of myself and my thoughts when I'm on this and I need to get off NOW."

czeyk (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on 100 mg of Zoloft for 13 years now--though not a perfect fix, it's helpful, and I'm very thankful for this drug. Anxiety runs in my family but was never discussed. I'm 47 now, looking back I realize that wisps of it ran all through my childhood and youth- I "self-medicated" with alcohol and smoking. It peaked when I was pregnant and 9/11 went down--midwife urged me to try meds, but I was very stubborn. I wanted to do it "on my own." After months of struggle and desperation, I finally gave in. It helped. I could parent and function again. A couple times since, I've tried to wean myself off but never successfully--always needed it. Now I'm at mostly at peace with needing zoloft--wish I didn't, but I do, and it helps."

Middle-Aged Mom (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2016

For Depression: "I'm a woman in my late 60's who has taken Sertraline for several years. I started just crying in the beginning stages of menopause. My doctor started me on this med & it helped greatly. After a couple years tried going off with the assistance of my doctor however started crying again. So I went back on. Worked in a stressful environment so the med worked well. After retiring I tried again to go off the med. Thinking no more stress in my life it would be easier to do without any drug. NOT...I still started crying. So I've decided I will stay on this drug as long as I can. I have had success with it. The only thing I struggle with is sweating. My dosage is 50 mg daily."

Betnapreich July 30, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication does work. I had been through a lot of stress at work for 3 years and finally decided to start taking 50 mg of sertraline. I didn't have any side effects and within two weeks I noticed that I am finally calm and "happy". Nothing bothered me anymore. In a month after I started taking the medication I was laid off. I didn't even cry. It was a shock though so I checked with my doc and she advised to increase the dose to 75 mg. I was taking it for about three months and started feeling emotionally numb and it seemed that the med stopped working. Also my hands/fingers were "falling asleep" at night and from holding an iPhone for more than 2-3 min. They still do. I am on 150 mg and my mood is fine. its been 13 months altogether."

Kot July 30, 2016

For Depression: "Started taking for depression , works stops my irrational temper tantrums. I have been on it for 2 years. I was also a heavy drinker ( bottle and half wine a night for 20 years) but after taking this drug for 3 weeks I stopped drinking and I haven't had a drink for 2 years, no withdrawal or craving for alcohol . I feel and look good for my age despite struggling with the menopause and a under active thyroid. It works , you may loose a bit of weight to begin with but the appetite does come back to normal . I would not say I am happy but then life circumstances can take their toll if your depressed or not but I certainly function well, stay sober and I have hope in the future. Only downside is I cannot get off them."

libby123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I started taking this drug to battle mild depression. 50mg a day. Pros: 1) more energy than usual. I go to the gym more than I used to (losing weight). I go the "extra mile" at work, I got a promotion (financial industry/hedge funds). 2) depression started to fade Cons: 1) DR told me to take it before bed. INSOMNIA was so severe I switched to morning. 2) no desire for sex. 3) I started to feel numb, not literally. Stuff I care about, I no longer do. This is where the depression starts to fade (partly). Hard to explain this one... 4) I'm alienating myself from friends. I like spending time alone, but I'm spending even more so now. 5) I have to take Ativan before bed from time to time due to extra energy"

AnSF99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was on venlafaxine 75mg for the past month and boy was that a crappy drug. Felt more sick than ever and didnt want to get on it ever again. Fast heart rate , raised my blood pressure and almost made me black out while riding my bike. Resting heart rate in bed before sleeping was 100-120 . Weaning off of it as of now, 1 week to go. Doctor gave me zoloft/sentraline which I was given a few years ago (helped me so well) I'm pretty happy with my life. I no longer think of my ex who cheated on me and left me for another guy, and no more suicidal thoughts. I FEEL HAPPY! Every drug effects and helps everyone in different ways. I noticed change in the first week. I'm on 50mg right now and Im so happy :) Takes time guys! LIVE ON ,LIVE HAPPY"

Brandontakessentraline July 29, 2016

For Depression: "Went to the doc 10 days ago feeling quite depressed and anxious/nervous in unfamiliar situations. Cancelled trips where I felt trapped in case I had a panic attack. Prescribed Sertraline 50mg. Within hours of taking this drug felt absolutely awful. Was in a really dark state of mind with anxiety, agitation, trembling and sleeplessness. Persevered for one week but finally gave up. Am now feeling much better after stopping. Going for a hypnotherapy session which has worked for me in the past. Everyone on this drug has a different experience, positive or negative, but for me it made me much worse and I could not stand these awful side effects for one more day."

Over60Lady July 28, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been suffering from depression and anxieties for many years. When I was starting high school, I was prescribed with Paxil, and had taken that for 14 years. During my third year of college, when I was 22, I found out that I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder, because I worried more than the average person. It was only last year that I found out that Paxil was no longer effective, so my doctor suggested that I gradually switch over to Zoloft. My doctor informed me that Zoloft also helps ease anxieties. I took her word for it. Since Paxil and Zoloft are both selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, it really is not that hard to make a switch. Zoloft has definitely caused my worries to decrease. I sleep better as well."

altosax85 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2016

For Depression: "Took one 50mg tablet as directed and I have never felt so iIl. Had to get down on the floor, could not lift my head off the floor, felt like I was going to pass out and felt nauseous. Had diarrhoea; pins and needles in hands; hot flushes - the most unpleasant side effects. Could only lay in bed and even then the room was spinning. Took 24 hours to feel normal again."

Vicks2703 July 27, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Been severely depressed for many years. Anxiety, ocd too. Zoloft has made me way more stable, down side is it can make you numb to life. I lost my dad in 06, I went into an awake coma so to speak, lost my mom last March, I felt the pain come in like bullet and then I felt overwhelmingly calm, that's the seratonin doing its job. I couldn't cry at the funeral or anything. While I'm not depressed, I do feel many other effects, decreased libido, muscle twitch, I extend my legs and contort them in bed uncontrollably. I give it a 9 because it saved my life. I'm on 150mg mornings. Have been for 10 years plus. Give it a good shot, let it have time to work. Good Luck. Don't ever give up."

That guy Rogue July 27, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on 200mg for 7 months now, yes you can tell a difference. Makes the constant thinking diminish a little, especially under pressure. Ask you doctor if sertraline is right for you. "

Mikejoneswho (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Sertraline changed my life. I used to be in a chronic state of anxiety and on the verge of panic in daily life. Sertraline made it easier to think rationally and manage anxiety. The only downside I have noticed is a minor dulling of emotions; my mental state is less volatile, but this applies to both positive and negative feelings. I started at 50mg and increased to 75mg after 3 years."

Ian387598 July 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Started on 25mgs and had a tough first week with all the side effects. My doctor told me to stay on it for 2-3 more weeks and I did - and I must say, it have effected my life for the better cause. Went up to 50mg and have been on that dose for a while. Works great and feel that it is easier to do things now than before. Think it is important to say that there are no wonders drugs for anxiety. You are the key to deal with it - not the medicine. I still recommend Zoloft for those struggling with panic attacks."

AAvsQQ July 23, 2016

For Depression: "I am experiencing severe itching for the past month and is driving me crazy"

lovejoyboy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was initially scared to go on Zoloft, as I had been on it when I was 12 for depression and I was told I was a despondent zombie. I'm 18 now and have probably taken 10 different antidepressants. Two months ago I began having horrible intrusive thoughts, and this was the first drug recommended. I agreed to try it after some pushing from my doctor and more experimentation. The first two weeks was hell; I couldn't keep anything down. I lost 18 pounds in two weeks. My OCD is better but it's still not great. I had periods of derealization when switching doses and some of it has stayed. I'm currently on 100mg and probably going to up my dose."

fireash345 July 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking Sertaline last july for panic and anxiety and also for severe pms, it was my last option, and the best decision I could have made, the first few weeks a was very nervous. I woulnt say it increased the anxiety much a was just so scared to take them, I was prescribed 50mg, I decided a would half them so I done that for the first month, so I didn't get any side effect of the meddication, I am still on them now, and feel I will stop on them alot longer as it been the first time in four year that I been happy and ablw to live a normal life, its totally the right desion, if your prescibed somwthing take it, dont let the anxiety take over, I undestand its scary your first one, but it the only way u will get better.. good luck"

Melaniels19892016 July 21, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Didn't do much for me except killed my sexual drive with the wife. After two weeks had to get off it. Works for some but not me."

Glimmer man July 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "First time I got a panic attack was about 4 years ago, needless to say it was horrifying, took my about three months from one doctor to another to check heart condition, nerves, etc... after my maybe 10th visit to the ER (not knowing it's a panic attack) doctor suggested I should I should visit a psychiatric, who prescribed Escitalopram and Lorazepam, it took me a while before the drugs started acting up but fast forward one year later i'm feeling better. after than I relapsed and the same medication didn't work, so my doctor suggested to start taking Sertraline, it took me a couple of weeks before even remotely started to feel slightly better, side effects were horrible, but in 2 months I was back to my normal self. so, be strong, and wait"

Tomtanks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

For Depression: "i have been on zoloft for about 6 months with other anti depressants before that time.. zoloft is the only one that has worked but it is no where near a miracle drug for me.. my mind still races and there are days that i am weepy and have thoughts of suicide, i dont have any motivation to really do anything.. im not on a small dose at all 175mg/day (max dose is 200mg/day) but i can admit if i miss it for a day, i will feel it for two.. i cant really tell if there are side effects because the depression could be causing some of the lethargy.. i dont want to take pills all my life, and im doing whatever i can to try to get off them but at this time, they are my only hope"

wackedfox (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

For Depression: "I was abusing alcohol for 5 years or so and was spiralling out of control. I went to the doctors on a couple of occasions and at first was offered only counselling. When I finally started taking sertraline about 7 months ago it changed my life. The first week in particular I struggled with the initial side effects such as insomnia and a strong 'spaced out' feeling. The day I began taking sertraline was the day I stopped drinking alcohol and am now eating well. I have now been alcohol free for 7 months, my diet has never been so good and neither has my level of fitness. I'm not saying that sertraline is the answer to all problems but for me it lifted a depression that I never knew I had and made we want to take care of myself again."

PhiUK July 17, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Postpartum Depression: "I suffered from severe postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD. More so horrifying intrusive thoughts that consumed my life, I literally wanted to give up. I was too scared to try a medication. I suffered from the time my baby was 6 months old to 18 months old. Finally I decided that Zoloft was my last hope. I started off at a low dose of 25mg and gradually increased it to 50, and finally 100mg. I can say I feel amazing. I don't ruminate on my obsessive thoughts anymore. Yes sometimes the thoughts still come into my head, but I am able to notice them as being an anxious thought and I don't spend hours days or months obsessing on them. They literally come in and go out, and I can function! I love zoloft! It saved my life!"

Mia02116 July 16, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I suffered from a major bout of anxiety in my sophomore year of high school and it made life very difficult, I grew agitated and jumpy and the summer between my sophomore year and junior year, I started taking zoloft after talking to my doctor and was clinically diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and major depression. After being on it for a while, I noticed that my depression was getting better, when combined with therapy, I also felt less anxious at school unless I was in large crowds. This medication has been a huge help but going off of it for extended lengths of time has lead to sudden and small panic attacks without cause."

Rei0112358 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 14, 2016