User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 3 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1832 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I hope that my review can help someone who was in my shoes a month ago. I had randomly developed social anxiety. It came later on in life, and I couldn't even hold conversations with friends, family members, coworkers etc. I also felt generalized anxiety, as well as OCD. My mind was constantly going, and it deterred me from enjoying life and building relationships with others. I decided to go to therapy, and was suggested Zoloft . I was a skeptic at first, since there is such a stigma around anti-depressants and I heard so many negative reviews about Zoloft. However, I tried it and my doctor prescribed me 50mg. I fought all the side effects, but it got better! I would suggest sticking it out, because it has changed my life for the better!"

mjr202 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft 25-150 mg for over 2 years. This has been the BEST 2 years of your life. Let me say that it took at least 90 days to really kick in and side effects to abate. If you have spent YEARS obsessed about your every action and thought, fearful and angry, depressed the 90 days of side effects is NOTHING. NOW if you want to keep living the way you are living because of dreams, diarrhea , INITIAL loss of appetite and weight loss then so be it. Improvement takes time. I was a 10 year Paxil user. Have TRIED lithium, Prozac, Luvox, tegretol, Xanax, Valuim, Alcohol, illegal drugs, supplements, buspar, kolonopin and on and on. ZOLOFT gives me a chance at life. I am still me with growing up issues at 50 plus but man this ZOLOFT is the deal."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've been on 50 mg of Zoloft for 5 days. Believe it or not I feel a little better already. I got up this morning and cleaned my entire house. My mood is better with my kids and people around me. I'm not where I want to be but it's still early. My only complaint is severe gas. I can't seem to make it stop no matter what I try ( beano, gas x) but I'm gonna keep going for now. It feels good not having to fight with your own brain everyday to "try" to be or "act" happy. Good luck to everyone. :)"

Shawna Turnbough (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My doctor prescribed me 25mg of sertraline after 2 years of trying to manage my depression and anxiety without medication. So far, it's given me headaches, made me tired all the time, and I have found my sex drive to disappear. It's been one week, and I've had a few bad days and panic attacks, but I know from reading other's experiences and from what my doctor said to give it at least 4 weeks to feel the effects. I am hopeful that this medication will help me despite the rocky start!"

anxiousqueer (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I can truly say that so far this medication has literally saved my life. I have suffered from depression for the past two and a half years . In December of 2016 it got out of control. I hit the lowest point in my life out of nowhere. I tried my hardest to get out of the most horrible depression and anxiety that one could ever experience in life. Thoughts became obsessive and I got insomnia. I prayed, I ate better, I tried and I tried to beat this beast all by myself, but the harder I tried the more I felt that I was sinking . I decided to try antidepressants and the first I was given was lexapro. Lexapro was horrible for me, and then my Dr suggested Zoloft. I was so hesitant, but I'm glad I gave it a try. Don't give up!!"

JackieP1121 May 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've now been on sertraline for over 8 months. These 8 months have been some of the best months of my life. I no longer wake up filled with dread, but rather I feel vitality to get on with my day. My grades at university have improved as I feel more relaxed and able to focus. I have made many great friends and had plenty of good times. That being said, it is also crucial that you do more than just take the drugs. Getting plenty of exercise, eating healthily and meditating also helps, and of course going outside! Although some of the side effects can be frustrating, I find them well worth it compared to a life without the medication. For anyone suffering from anxiety and reading this, go see a doctor, there really is a way out."

SteveCake (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I wanna take the time out to thank who ever invented Zoloft. I use to be so depressed, I didn't want to be around my kids or my husband. I would tell my husband I was tired of existing. My life was turning inside out. So I knew I needed help so I talk to my doctor I explained to her what I was going through and she said Zoloft would be perfect. I didn't want to believe I needed meds but coming to find out it wasn't bad at all. I'm happy now my kids love to play with me and think I'm so cool!!! My husband who was so patient just loves all over me and he's proud I didn't give it. I'm only 28 yrs old and I feel like I'm a teen all over!!! Thanks Zoloft"

PrincessProsper April 30, 2017

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on zoloft 50 mg for over 15 years . Two months ago I brilliantly decided to wean off by taking half pill every other day till done. About two months have gone by and I had to go to Dr's and get back on 50 mg daily.I started on 25 mg for one week then up to 50mg daily. This is the second day back on it so a total of 50 mg. Today has been horrible I had to leave work. My legs are weak I'm panicky mouth dry as hell zero appetite. I NEVER should have stopped I just don't remember feeling like this when I first started all those years ago. I just want to get right and stay right !!!! good luck to all"

south jersey April 29, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Having suffered with hypochondria, anxiety and depression for years I was at my wits end when I decided to try Sertraline. I can honestly say they have given me my life back. I've NEVER, even as a child felt this calm and happy before. To anyone that's suffering I'd say give them a try. Best thing I've ever done."

Loggter April 28, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Do not work at all"

Savannah96 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've had depression on and off for years but more recently have felt worse. Having tried various antidepressants my Dr prescribed 50mg of sertraline. I started it a few days ago and have noticed that I have no appetite. I sleep for only a few hours a night. But it's early days.."

Cb3826 April 28, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have just increased my dosage (per my doctor) from 50mg to 100mg, with 150 to 200mg being the goal. I have been on the new dose a little over a week. I feel emotional, sad and kinda depressed. Not horribly so, but definitely an increase. Also mild headaches. No real sleep problems, and I take my dose at bedtime. I have read that this medicine can make you feel worse before feeling better. Even with the way I feel now, I am going to stick with it, as I feel I haven't been on it long enough to really give it a chance to work. It's just getting through this up and down part will be a challenge. Hang in there."

KJ57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed Zoloft 25mg a day for Depression and Anxiety/panic attacks. I was also having severe insomnia at the time and really bad anger problems. From the first day I took Zoloft, my anger almost completely went away. I wasn't upset by things that normally annoyed me anymore. Another plus I noticed almost immediately was the lift in mood. I had great success raising my mood and lifting depression in the first few weeks of this drug. However I stopped taking Zoloft after 4 weeks because the negatives were far outweighing the positives. My insomnia and panic attacks got WAY worse, it was horrifying. I went to the ER because I had the worse panic of my life and thought I was dying. Sleep was impossible. Now I'm trying Remeron."

klee979 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Let me start by saying I should have started on this medication years ago. I'm a Senior Executive with a large company who travels and gives seminars to other execs. In the past I would painfully count down the days to my next seminar, each day the panic and anxiety would become progressively worse. My Dr. prescribed me Propranolol to take 60 minutes before each speaking engagement, this helped at that moment, but it was the time leading up to each engagement that was so harrowing for me. 6 months ago my Dr. prescribed 25 mgs Sertaline, this has been a game changer.I now look forward with great anticipation to each speaking engagement. I have found 25 mgs is perfect for my needs, no reason to make the jump to 50mgs. Good luck to all!"

Luckyman88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am prescribed generic Zoloft (Sertraline) 50mg once a day for anxiety and depression. I am sensitive to drugs so I only take half, 25mg. Since I've been on it, I've only had one or two mild panic attacks over the course of 2 years! I was having attacks 3x a week or more before taking it. It helped reduce compulsive behaviors and definitely helped my social anxiety issues IMMENSELY. Before Sertraline, I felt like I couldn't even act normal in public. For me, there is a mental as well as a physical effect. Even being in public spaces where I would normally be incredibly anxious, I feel physically better, smoother. The only side effect was a light headache that only lasted the first week. I would definitely recommend starting on a low dose!"

Elizabeth Knox April 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft for about 10 weeks. 25mg the first week, 50mg a day thereafter. At week 6 I still felt lousy with depression and extreme anxiety. I did not have any side effects at all though. Then magically after the 6 week mark I overnite transformed into a social butterfly, could connect with people, had better concentration, no panic attacks at all after years of attacks, nothing was any trouble for me whereas before it was all so hard, the depression was gone and I actually felt happier than I have been since I was 20. I am 58 now. I also am physically much better than before. People have really noticed a difference and so have I. It is the best thing that ever happened to me and I wish I had been on it 30 years ago."

Babsical April 22, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was originally worried about taking sertraline as my friend had been taking them and suffered really bad side effects. The first few days were rough, I felt very tired, sick and dizzy, much like a bad hangover. But over time I have found sertraline to be really helpful. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night having a panic attack, and when I think about the stresses in my life I no longer obsess and worry over them. I'm currently on 150mg and they do make me very sleepy after the first few hours of taking them so I find that for me it is best to take them before bed! Don't be scared to try this medication! If you do have any side effects at first don't be put off, it will get better!!"

Clo95 April 21, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have never felt normal all my life I have suffered problems with stress (frustration) depression anxiety been prescribed prozac no effect citalopram no effect spent most of my life self medicating with alcohol & drugs which have caused other problems in my life. Recently my doctor prescribed sertraline 100mg after a few weeks the difference was nothing short of transformational for the fist time I feel normal wish they could have given this to me at about when I was 12. Side affects for me is I no longer like beer! and for the first time I am eating healthy a true revelation"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "First week was hell, I was about to give up. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and found it hard to fall back asleep once I awoke. I soon realised if I did not drink any alcohol with the drug I slept to well. My mood is better and I 100% less anxious than before. I only take 25mg as I found 50mg too much. I have been on this now for 5 months and wish I had taken it years ago. Only side effect I do not enjoy is slight weight gain. 6lbs so far but it is worth it."

Homesafe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been taking sertraline for many years. It was prescribed to relieve my levels of anxiety. Considerably, it helped, however due to the fact that I have been taking for so many years, my dr decided to increase the dosage to 200mg and presently he prescribed oxcarbazepine 150mg. Although sertraline helps me to control my anxiety, an additional increment was needed. While I don't take sertraline can feel the side effects such as dizziness and nausea. It is a good psychotropic medication, however after a while it seems that mg has to be increased. Hoping this would help me to decrease my anxiety and moderate depression."

LAlberti April 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I have Bipolar I with severe depressive episodes lasting up to 16 months. Zoloft was a last ditch effort to improve my depression; I was formerly on Luvox and found it too sedating and less effective after being on it for over a decade. So far, I have had 15 days without severe depression after being on Zoloft for one month. I think it's working. I am tired but I am not sure if that is the Zoloft or something else as I am on several medications for psychiatric problems."

Liz89 April 18, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "My Dr. prescribed sertraline to manage my OCD and anxiety. I'm a 35 y/o grad student with test anxiety and my OCD has been getting worse over the years. The first day I felt slightly better but the medication made me yawn a lot. After talking it I pulled an all-nighter to study for an exam. After the exam I figured I would go home and sleep but as tired as I was, I couldn't fall asleep. On night two I tossed and turned all night. On day three my skin felt too tight and I felt like I needed to stretch out my jaw and neck all day. On night three I couldn't fall asleep at all and had a weird experience like my body was awake but I couldn't move or yell for help. It was horrible. After I told my dr. she took me off of it."

Ali glycine max April 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medication for 7 days. I had severe anxiety, which has completely gone, although I feel slightly sad."

Clare12244 April 17, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "My experience with Sertraline has been an interesting one. It started off badly. One of the side effects seems to be enhanced anxiety levels. I also became increasingly depressed and struggled communicating at times. I had disturbed sleep patterns and constantly racing negative thoughts. It was tough. I had read up on the subject though and understood that this was only temporary and battled through it. There were times that I nearly gave up. Times when it all seemed too much. Slowly, but surely, things started to improve. The first two weeks were hell, the third week became hellish and the fourth less so. After 6 weeks my smile had returned, I was able to tackle the world and confidence began to flow. It's been a life changer / saver."

Straightened Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have had what I see as pretty bad social anxiety, to the point where I look back and realize how much life I have missed out on. It took me a while to actually become aware of it, but for some time now I have been dwelling on it since it makes it super hard to make friends. So, I usually see myself as not having very effective medications (such as SSRIs) for depression/anxiety etc. Either that, or it's hard to notice improvement. I specifically wanted to go on a medication for my social anxiety so my doctor ended up putting me on zoloft and I love it...I can actually see improvement and I have even made a friend. It's to the point where I feel like I can notice myself being more anxious when I forget to take it at the beginning of the day"

tayyy321 April 17, 2017