User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

8.2

13 reviews
Summary of Sertraline reviews 7.4 2,107 reviews

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This medication has not helped me in any form. I lost a lot of my appetite, and slept all the time, and was still tired. My depression worsened on Zoloft. I do not recommend Zoloft for depression."

Just a person. January 16, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed 50mg by my GP. 1st day felt like I was on speed lots of energy, jittery. 2nd day I felt neutral, anxious. 3rd and last day of taking, I woke up in the middle of the night with suicidal thoughts which was very overwhelming and scary. Also lost appetite and 2kg in just 3 days. Terrible stuff."

Guy57664 (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Prescribed sertaline 3 weeks ago after extreme anxiety over the Christmas period, literally convinced myself I was dying. 3 weeks in and feel zombified, constant foggy head, head aches, short attention span, no sex drive and terrible night sweats. Anxiety has calmed but I don’t feel like me anymore. Hoping these side effects subside."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018

For Depression: "The first week of taking 3 xanax daily and 50mg of sertraline the side effects off the sertraline were horrible. I had really bad panic attacks, worse then usual. My anxiety and depression was even worse! 2nd week the doc up my dose to 100mg and still felt like bad but definitely not as bad as first week. The 3rd week my doctor upped dosage to 150mg. After about 8 weeks doc took me off xanax and I started to really feel a difference. I can't believe it I'm not having suicidal thoughts.. I can leave the house!! I'm not sad anymore. I have had couple of bad days but everyone does! But 4 months taking sertraline it nearly seems like a miracle drug! I'm not as nervous/anxious. I feel more comfortable. Great medication!!"

Lulu88 January 12, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Took Sertraline 8 years ago for 3-4 months due to anxiety and insomnia. Was able to start sleeping normally again. Voluntarily stopped taking because it made me fatigued and my blood sugar went up. Now taking 50 mg due to same problem. No alcohol involved this time but still have bad nausea and stuffy head after 1 wk. Supposed to go up to 100 mg. Had anyone started same medicine after several years? Will it work the same as before?"

jj 12 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Depression: "Now on week 7 taking 50mg. Had bad side effects of sickness but wore off within a week. Had 3 'meh' days in 7 weeks. Before I used to have 3-4 a week! Anxiety has decreased A LOT. I used to suffer from migraines about 3 days a week and I've only had 2 in these 7 weeks. It's been amazing. I have some insomnia, sometimes I struggle to sleep at night, I am never tired but I love it because previously no matter how much sleep I had I would wake up exhausted and be falling to sleep so early at night. It's nice to have energy and feel motivated to actually live life. This has been my saviour drug and after being so scared of trying to self help and avoid taking anti-depressants. Should have done it years ago!"

Milliemilliemillie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Zoloft three months ago. The doctor started me on 50 mg for the first month and I thought It was working extremely well. Then he bumped me up to 100 mg and I don’t notice a difference but I also don’t feel it is working as well. I have a follow up appointment at the end of the week and I don’t know if I should ask the doctor to up my dosage or lower my dosage. As far as my anxiety, I feel like the last two months of been the best two months of my working life. But I still STRUGGLE with paying attention or keeping focused when when there’s too much noise or movement around. I’m afraid if I tell him he will take me of Zoloft and I’ll have to start the whole process over."

BMR85Sr1234 January 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Like other SSRIs and SNRIs I took, no benefit for OCD, social or general anxiety. Side effect were sexual problems."

yearsofocd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "After years of yoyo medications and many trips to St. Anthony's for long stays I am finally stabilized. Took over 10 years, but now I am going on 3 years of no episodes. Miracle."

Gigglesgrunstad January 7, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Took 150 mg for 2 years...helped a lot but always tired and lack of motivation...dropped to 100 mg and motivation is better...but tad more anxiety but I guess it’s better to be on the lowest possible dose for less side effects and dependency"

Quincypondex1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Works great although I have spontaneous erections. This is very embarrassing for me"

Jonboy123 January 5, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was experiencing horrible anxiety attacks I felt like I was having a heart attack, I was scared to fall asleep and not wake up. I was scared to drive, I felt like I was going crazy. My doctor started me on Zoloft 25mg which made it worst at first BUT than she increased it to 50mg and after a few weeks and I started feeling about 50% better so on my next visit I was increased to 100mg and I was terrified to increase it. Now I'm doing about 90% better, sometimes I feel like I'm about to get an anxiety attack but after a few seconds it goes away. I have a follow up appointment in 6 weeks we'll see what my Doctor says. If you're going through this and your Doctor prescribes you medication take it & say a prayer"

LAUREZZY (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "After finally going to the doctor to get on medicine for my panic attacks he put me on Zoloft. I started it that same Friday. Starting the next day I had a constant panic attack till the next Sunday basically. With the help of my husband and mother they decided to take me to the ER. I was low on fluids and they had to give me other medications to calm me down. After that my doctor switched me to Xanax XR and it has done wonders for me! I would never take Zoloft again, please be careful"

Bdan January 3, 2018

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on zoloft for 11 months and it has literally been the best thing I've ever done for my mental health. Before taking Zoloft I tried everything natural including exercise, meditation, therapy, balanced sleep, eating well and so on. I am not underestimating those things for balance but despite my commitment to a healthy life I was still having constant panic attacks which would then spiral me into depression. I can't believe the level of life quality I have from Zoloft. I feel so much more relaxed, able to access my logical side when challenge arises. At first few side affects like churning stomach, sweatiness, inability to orgasm and weirdly dilated pupils. They all subsided in a month of talking drug! Please give it a go."

Green Stone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "It worked well for 1 month but my mood went weigh down, even now I am constantly tired and not sleeping due to the tablets does. It does not help when I got work in the mornings even struggling to stay awake at work and my boss has noticed and none stop shakes of my hands."

cri (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I have panic disorder & GAD. I was getting panic attacks so bad that I had started having heart palpitations accompanying them, which are terrifying when you have never had them before. My doctor prescribed me sertraline, which I have taken before in the past. This time around I initially had terrible insomnia & diarrhea but PLEASE DO NOT let that stop you from taking this drug. The side effects do take about two to three weeks to get over, but I can say that I definitely feel so much better now. I am not constantly anxious or worried & the best part: no more heart palpitations!!!! My insomnia improved once I started 50mg & I even stopped taking my lorazepam! Sertraline truly is a life saver and I highly recommend you give it a chance!"

BizarreSummer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Depression: "I've scrolled through forums like this when I've been very low and trying to weigh-up whether or not a medication is worth starting or persevering with through side-effects, etc. Didn't really expect I'd come to a forum like this when I'm not feeling low, but here I am, and I'm doing so in order to leave my opinion. I started Sertraline on about 50mgs, I now take 100 mg daily. I've been on it for about 8 months roughly. I have to say that it has really helped me so much. I've no idea how it works, but life seems much more manageable. I have all the same problems and worries as I had before I started, sure. But these problems and worries seem A LOT less controlling over my general outlook and disposition. Really good medication."

HopetoHelp5 January 1, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started taking sertraline last summer for anxiety and depression to start with it made me a lot worse and nearly gave in after 3 weeks however I stuck it out and felt my old self again. I felt more confident it saved my relationship too. After a few month came of them as I felt great however think came of then to soon so back on them again now hoping to feel better soon - they definitely do work."

girl that was happy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I’ve been taken Zoloft 50mg an it makes my moods up an down I cry my body trembles, it makes my heart race, so I went to the ER and there the Doctor told me to stop and told me take Benadryl instead. It helps me when I was on a lower dosage it worked out fine no nightmares no shaking hands an now that I’m on this much I’m getting all these symptoms"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started this medication because anxiety took over my life I was crying all the time anxious all the time thoughts just couldn't cope. I also worry about my health and I never wanted to go on an anti depressants, but I thought it was my only hope. When I took my 1st pill 50mg my anxiety went sky high - worse then how I've ever felt but subsided. I felt sick I couldn't eat much at all dreams were so vivid nightmares I got depressed as well never felt so down b4 taking these. I mean I cried a lot but they were just tears not the depression type of down. I was confused, I was scared of everything. I had trembled I had pains in my arms that lasted about 2 weeks which scared me so much. But I kept going on them and to be honest my physical anxiety did subside."

Stefnina December 29, 2017

For Depression: "Sertraline is a slow, steady drug that takes about a month to start to work. The first two weeks I used it, I felt worse than ever. They gave me panic attacks, insomnia, anxiety, dark thoughts... you name it, I had it. In fact, I went to A&E and was detained there under suicide watch. A couple of weeks later, I felt better and two months later plus some counselling, I was no longer depressed. I used them while pregnant and no harm came to the baby. I’ve found them easy to come off of but found a few months later that I needed to go back on them. The side effects were not nearly as severe. I was slightly more anxious for a few days before the drug optimised."

Madam Bouffant (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2017

For Depression: "I was depressed at 18. Doc reluctantly gave me lexapro which I took for 6 months and stopped once I was getting better. It was a mistake. I was depressed for 10 years plus afterward with my life being a black haze. I decided to get help after I was so fed up with falling apart over and over.This Doc gave me Zoloft 25 mg for two weeks and then up it to 50 mg. The blowback was terrible and I was very very sick with tummy pain and diaherra but I stuck through it. It was a rollercoaster ride and after one year, I was sleepy all the time with the dosage. Too sleepy to even be depressed so I started taking half of 50mg. It hit the magic spot.I still get anxiety attack in extremely stressful circumstances but my life is finally bright again."

Kipperxo December 28, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication helped me cope in a bad time of my life. I have been trying to ween myself off it over the last 12 months started 75mg dropped to 50mg tried to drop again and had terrible side effects. Stayed at 50mg for 5 months dropped 35mg for 1 month dropped to 25mg for 2 weeks then stopped. I had a terrible time with brain zaps dizziness nausea and feelings of depression again. I thought I’d need to go back on it it’s day 5 and it’s getting easier. If you want to stop do it slowly. Diet is super important. I craved sugar and salt all the time on this drug. Put on a lot of weight. I’m now having 5 meals a day which are measured and no sugar ,basmati rice and all green salads I feel so much better less hunger and I can see the light."

Denziel December 28, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I’m on 7 day of sertraline and I feel a complete mess. I’m panicking, afraid, and crying. On my 3rd day I felt good but yesterday it’s got worst. I’m on 25mg and we don’t have a therapist were I live so I don’t know what to do"

Cherrypick December 22, 2017

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I started this medicine for depression and anxiety. Every medicine works different on everyone but this medicine altered my life completely and not in a good way. I turned into a person who wasn’t me, I lost friends from my changed personality, ruined relationships, went from 130lb to 160 pounds in just three months. I cried and was more suicidal and sad then I’ve ever been. People would always tell me “what happened to the old you”. I didn’t know and went to my doctor and was quickly switched off and went onto a different medication and getting off of it was the best thing. My personality went back to the old me and I regained my relationship and friendships back and I lost almost all the weight I gained. Zoloft wasn’t for me personally"

Anonymous December 21, 2017