User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1653 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Depression: "I started taking 50 mg. Zoloft on Nov. 3 of this year (2016). After two days, I broke the tablet in half and felt much better. I have taken 25 mg. every morning since Nov. 5. Aside from a couple of episodes of anxiety and anger, I have felt much better. I believe the Zoloft is working. I had serious road rage, and I would explode in anger at home. I tried very hard to hold my anger inside me until I was alone. Then I would scream and carry on like a maniac for a few minutes. Then I would cry in helplessness and shame for a few minutes. Finally, I talked to my internist, and she suggested Zoloft. I am very grateful that this medicine is working for me. I am calmer and nicer; I much more patient than I was prior to mid-November."

Elle6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed 50 mg to start, and went in with an open mind. After one day I decided it wasn't for me. Maybe 50 mg was too much for me, as I am sensitive to medicine? Anyways, I felt so miserable all day. My head was super foggy and I couldn't think clearly. I don't know how to describe other than just feeling so horrible and wanting to feel normal again. I couldn't do much of anything all day except lay on the floor or bed and feel miserable. I also experienced major TMJ jaw- I wasn't able to get my jaw to relax. I took a hot shower and almost fainted. It was hard for me to see how this would make me feel better ever, even though I know some people do have success with it. I just couldn't bring myself to take it again the next day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was suffering with anxiety with constant running thoughts and feeling overwhelmed. I did 1 on 1 counselling sessions then took the next step by trying medication. I've never been prescribed medication nor take any thing even if I have a headache. I was started on 25mg once a day and now have been on it for about 4 weeks. I must say this has been the one of the best choices I have ever made. I immediately felt relieved from anxious thoughts and stress . I am more calm and can think clearly without worrying. At first yes I experienced very moderate side effects like the blurred vision, light, fogginess but it takes time for your brain neurons to adjust. I would say after 4 days of taking it I felt fine. I finally have my life back !!!"

LoveLifexoo December 24, 2016

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed 25 mg of Zoloft (sertraline) and only took two doses to find myself having the worst restless legs to the point where I can't sleep. DO NOT take this. This side effect will last 5 days after stopping taking it."

caseey14 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am 42. I don't really have a diagnosis but after our 3rd child at 37, something changed. What I would describe as "a mood disorder" stopped me in my tracks. After a lifetime of ups and downs and seasonal depression, I finally got help. I have always been creative, days of high energy and an eventual crash. I've been a parent since the age of 17, so it seemed normal to run on empty. I am obsessive, compulsive, mind racing, loving, over bearing, and extremely defensive and emptional. The lows have helped inspire passion and the highs have kept me motivated and driven. I called my OBGYN after several months of extreme symptoms. Panic, paranoia, emotional break downs...etc. Zoloft saved my marriage and my life. 50-150mg over 4 yrs."

yoda422 December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "When I took this drug I was 7 months pregnant with extreme anxiety and depression. I was sectioned on account of the fact I wanted to commit suicide and had taken myself to hospital in a desperate attempt to get help before I did something stupid. It was the worst time of my life. The first week of taking the drug saw my symptoms worsen and the side effects were horrendous. I've seen hell and it was that first week or two. It took two months for the drug to reach its full potential with therapy. The side effects don't last. My baby is 2 now and I'm glad I took sertraline; it saved out lives. Depression is a physical illness like any other and needs treatment. Suicide is the result of untreated depression. Seek help if you feel depressed."

Madame Bouffant (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Zoloft was the first anti-depressant I tried and it worked well enough that I stuck with it. The first 2-3 weeks were difficult. I found myself yawning constantly, extremely drowsy, having no appetite, nauseous when I DID eat, thinking about doom and death. But those were side effects that all eventually subsided. I feel a lot better because I have more control over my emotions and anxiety. I cry much less now and don't lie in bed at night thinking about suicide as much anymore. I went down in dosage from 75 mg because I felt a little too muted, like things that were REALLY supposed to bother me didn't, and the nausea on 75 mg really sucked. I was finding myself vomiting for no reason. 50 mg has been good to me the last 6 months."

reneexg December 22, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Zoloft has made a world of positive difference in my life. After about a year in a toxic work environment, my anxiety started yielding at least one strong panic attack per week. It was getting worse--I went from specific situational triggers that I could predict to sudden, out-of-nowhere panic. I started on zoloft at 25mg, and titrated up to 50mg after two weeks. The first two weeks were a little rocky--although I felt great most of the day, I did notice a bit of anxiety coming on right before the next dose. My appetite decreased (not to a scary level), and I was a bit shaky and definitely a little nauseous. After about two to three weeks, I could tell it was working."

BTG (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was recently giving this in addition to wellbutrin to help with anxiety and depression. I was to take 25 mg a day for 4 days then move up to 50. right off the bat I noticed that this made me tired but when I took the 50mg dose my stomach got upset and I threw up about an hour later. Slept a long time. I woke up and felt some of the worse depression I had felt in months. I felt extremely tired, no appetite, angry, no drive, foggy headed. I've never had any success with basic ssri's. I was prescribed this medication over 10 years ago. It was a failure then and it is a failure now. The only AD I can seem to tolerate is wellbutrin. I don't see the doc for a while until then I will be using other tools to combat my depression."

lethargic guy December 20, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Feel much better, I'm energized and my mood slowly gets better every day. I'm on week two. 100mg/d"

cw33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Zoloft brought me out of agoraphobia! It's a wonder drug I'd still be in my room if not for this drug"

Nonam December 18, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "I started Zoloft 13 days ago. I have terrible anxiety and panic disorder. My anxiety was getting so bad that I could no longer go to work, be around friends, or even my boyfriend. I'd have at least 1-4 panic attacks a day. I have always been terrified of being on medicine because I have a fear of feeling high or feeling a little off (which sends me into a full blown panic attack) Up until yesterday, I felt heightened anxiety after starting the pills (25mg for the first week, 50mg by week two), extremely exhausted, my sleep patterns have been totally off...BUT yesterday, I felt good. I didn't have a panic attack all day. And today, I got into a situation that made me start to feel an attack coming on and I was able to rationalize and stop it"

Laureneliz December 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Zoloft has helped me so much so far. I have spent the last three months getting worse and worse. Panic, anxiety and depression. I was on Wellbutrine but it just seemed to make me worse. Two days after starting Zoloft (I take it before I go to bed), I woke up happy. I felt normal - like myself! I don't know about the sexual side effects yet because frankly it was difficult to want to be intimate when I was living in an emotional hell. Thank you Zoloft!! "

LillyLaFlamme (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Zoloft about 6 wks ago, at first it was ok was feeling a bit better, then I was increased to 50 Mg's? Horrifying panic attacks, extremely fatigued, weak. The only thing getting me thru is knowing it's not me it is the med. I actually felt worse than before I started"

Dani91806 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been meaning to post my positive review of Zoloft for a while. This past summer I suffered probably the worst social anxiety I had ever encountered in my life. I had started a new job where I was expected to speak to others on a daily basis. It was gut wrenching. I fell apart, crying, screaming, and forcing myself to go to work. Even when I was at work I would hide in the bathroom and pee incessantly out of nervousness. Finally I found a good psychiatrist and got back on Zoloft. I had been on Zoloft 50mg earlier in the year, but stopped because I feared it might affect my fertility. After meeting with the shrink I was upped to 200 mgs gradually. Since then I have been so happy and full of life. This drug really has worked for me."

Cephas05 December 16, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was on this drug for a month. I am one of those people who hate being on medication (prefer natural alternatives)--but my doctor strongly recommended me to give it a shot. I felt different instantly. My body would feel "numb" I guess that's the best way to describe it. I was feeling very very down the first two weeks. My temper was short, I got angry at everything, and I was worse than I was before starting the medication. I had absolutely no sex drive at all. The medication was taking a toll on my marriage. Ever since I stopped it, I feel amazing. Sticking to yoga and meditation!! Glad it works for some people though!"

Meowmeowmelz December 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Well been on this a week 25 mg once a day at bedtime then will go to two tablets a day . One in am one at bed . No side effects at all yet .I hope this kicks in soon . I take wellbutrin for 10 yrs now . 150 mg a day and venlafaxine 150 mg a day - I hope this new med kicks in soon. Seems pretty tame . I hope to feel better soon !!!"

LesmelMc December 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I don't know how anyone can tolerate this drug. It made my anxiety ten times worse, gave me bad thoughts, and made me feel like a zombie for 2 weeks. I think experiencing this medication and then getting off it helped my anxiety much more than the medicine itself did."

socker21 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking Zoloft for around 13 years. I am 36. Female. I have a fifteen year old Son. I'm a Single Parent but my Mother & Stepfather have always done a lot for my Son. I was on doses over the years mostly of 100mg 200mg and 150mg. From memory in all that time I never stopped taking it for more than a few weeks or a couple of Months at the most. A few months ago I stopped taking Zoloft because I was sick of still feeling depressed and as the years go on I feel worse not better. I've been off it now for a few months and I still feel like a Zombie and depressed and feel really exhausted but can't sleep to lazy to do basic things I've had bouts of feeling like this for as long as I can remember. Maybe I need to just keep taking it."

Millhouse December 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been suffering really bad anxiety/depression for over the past year now. My Doctor suggested me to take Zoloft at 25mg. I came across this page, and read reviews. And most were positive reviews. The first day I felt fine and energetic. Second day my anxiety was worse than usual. After the third day of taking it, I was rushed to the ER due to burning feeling in my chest, and really bad tremors. Worst experience in my life."

XxKiMbErLyxX December 13, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Never normally share but I started taking Sertraline after feeling very depressed, emotional and even some thoughts of suicide. I made an appointment with my doctor and he put me on 50mg, after taking this for two months there was talks of putting it up to 100mg. I couldn't think of anything worse. The first few days of taking 50mg I felt a little better, as the weeks went on I just went down hill and was in a dark spiral, my anxiety became worse than it has ever been, I barely left the house, I couldn't cope no longer and I lost hope. I eventually realised the tablets were making me feeling a lot worse so have stopped taking them... I am starting to feel a little better already"

Bethanykay123 December 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been under going some health issue for the past 3 months. Doctors believe it's my anxiety & depression that are the problem. I've had anxiety & depression for about 16 years & never had issues like I'm experiencing now. But to rule out depression & anxiety I decided to start taking Zoloft as the doctor recommended. I took my first dose last night 50mg. (Side note, I had been on Zoloft before when I was younger). the night I took the first dose... my head felt kind of funny, still feels a little funny. I got drowsy. A little shaky. This morning I felt sick to my stomach. My eyes were dilated & I felt wired. I'm going to cut it in half tonight & see how that goes."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had severe OCD, anxiety, major depression and insomnia. I ended up on Quetiapine 200mg to treat the insomnia and anxiety. I was later prescribed Sertraline 50mg and increased to 200mg gradually through 50mg increments every 2 weeks. I noticed a significant improvement after 6 weeks. After the second week of Sertraline 200mg I began to reduce the Quetiapine by 50mg every 2 weeks until stopping. The psychiatrist suggested taking Quetiapine alongside Sertraline would minimise the reported initial increase of symptoms caused by starting Sertraline. This was sound advice as I had no increase in symptoms initially. The main side effects I've had are joint pain in my neck, shoulders and knees and increased wind."

Rob_1985 December 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I've had panic disorder with agoraphobia for years now and have been going through medications, trying to find the right medicine and dose. Zoloft (the generic of Zoloft) was the third medication I've tried. I started at a lower dose and went up to a dose of 100 mg daily. I had no significant side effects on the lower dose, but experienced bad side effects at the higher dose, such as night sweats, very dry mouth, and issues in thought (such as losing my train of thought fairly frequently). I weaned off slowly and experienced flu like body aches for a couple of weeks as I came off of it. I don't recall any benefit that I got from being on this drug. Unfortunately, this medicine did not work for me."

QwertyBird (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi, I've been suffering with panic disorder for a year which has become progressively worse. My doctor put me on Sertraline and I tried the first one. Spent the day out with family, no big issues just some mild anxiety. Came home and felt my eye sight was a bit funny, distant and I couldn't focus. Feel asleep only to wake in a horrific panic attack. Arms and hands where numb and tingling and my brain was slow. More utterly terrifying was that I couldn't see. White and then flashes of vision broken. I had panic attack so like I've never endured and genuinely believed I was going blind. My partner called the emergency doctor who after ruling out a stroke said I had rare side affects. Never touching them again"

Sabrina8onghi December 11, 2016