User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

5.5
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1884 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started low dose 25 mg of Zoloft 1 month ago and it was increased two times. The last time was 17 days ago to 100mg. I can't sleep, lost weight, my anxiety is tremendous and still depressed. How long will it take to feel normal?"

Beachshore (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I developed a very specific form of OCD in my early 50's that is commonly described as "Ear Worms". It is where a song or a snippet of a song gets stuck in your head and keeps playing over and over. It got so bad it was literally driving me insane. I would have a snippet playing nonstop for WEEKS! Day and night (kept me awake until I fell asleep from exhaustion). Played at work CONSTANTLY where I couldn't focus. I would be in meetings unable to pay attention because I would have a song blaring over and over in my head. After ramping up doses, I settled at 100mg/day of Zoloft which has SAVED MY LIFE! It works! I can listen to music again and not yell at my wife when she sings. And I have no side effects."

SpongeBob828 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed sertraline for severe anxiety nearly 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were awful, felt so down and even more anxious, one day I felt ok, then the next horrific. I was on 50mg then upped to 100mg after 2 weeks. After 3 days of being on 100mg, I suddenly feel a lot better. I've gone two days without no anxiety and generally feel a lot happier. No side effects apart from minor head aches. It's been so up & down but I'd recommend hanging in there until it settles :-)"

Ynfvjkmkmbf (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed this medicine in 2004 to help with depression. Instead of getting better I progressively got worse and my psychiatrist's answer was to put me on Xanax. Long story short, I ended up in a psychiatric hospital. Turns out I have bipolar II and since I wasn't on a mood stabilizer I essentially lost my mind. Horrible experience."

TWG74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I am on this medication since February 2016. At that time I was literally hopeless, unable to sleep, eat, work and live.I barely could get out of bed for a shower.I was diagnosed with severe depression. I started sertraline. Things slowly improved ,in 3-4 weeks I could eat and sleep again. The medicine reached its full potential in about 3 months, and since then no sign of depression, I am a much more balanced, happy person right now."

Peter72 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've struggled with anxiety and depression for a long time. By the time I started on sertraline, I felt I was already pretty good at dealing with the depression side of things without medication. This drug made me getting up in the mornings easier. I felt less "groggy" than usual when I was on it. Other people noticed that I seemed a bit more positive. The downsides are, that I'd wake up in a bad mood: feeling like I hadn't slept enough or that I'd dreamed too much, and It didn't really make any noticeable difference to my anxiety."

Kinsie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi just thought I would share my experience with you all,I too have searched the Internet for reviews on sertraline and was so nervous about taking it...I've tried 2 times and failed but 3rd time lucky! Been on them 1 week started taken mine right before bed in the hope of sleeping through most of the side affects! Which has worked :) feeling lots better in myself my anxiety has been pushed at bay more than before, I know I've got a long way yet till this fully works but so far so good! Don't be worried about giving sertraline a go I know how scary it feels to have to take medicine that your unsure of but it's worth a try I'm on 25mg as 50mg was to strong...wish me luck and hopefully this will help you in deciding the best route :)"

MrsBmc June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was prescribed Zoloft for depression and I was on it for a month before I had to get off. After three weeks I started noticing a lack of feeling and it became difficult to orgasm and once the fourth week came around I was completely unable to orgasm. I want to give it zero stars because of how much that affected me personally but it did help a lot with my depression and I was starting to feel more like myself."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "After trying several antidepressants to treat depression, anxiety, and PTSD, I found Zoloft was my preferred choice. My depressive symptoms became tolerable, but only because the Zoloft put me in a fog. I was less energetic, way less motivated, and felt like a vegetable - but I was softer and less [emotionally] abusive, so I continued for the sake of my loved ones. I gave it a low score because the withdrawal has felt like torture. I experienced massive panic attacks, fits of anger/violence, the "brain zaps", muscle spasms, sexual complications, etc. On the plus side, coming out of the Zoloft "fog" has meant more creativity, motivation, energy, focus, and overall quality of life. I would urge others to strongly reconsider getting on Zoloft."

MissjamesM June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Had a traumatic experience in March, to do with a near death of my husband. I was at the time on Paxil and (as needed) Lorazaepam. To set up an appointment with a mental worker knowing the how the system works Paxil had to be changed and Sertratine was their drug of choice, 50 mg., after 4 weeks to the day, talked dr. to lower dose to 25mg. I believe that Sertraline is not the drug for me is causing other issues with my health . This is not what I want to be on, give back my Paxil and ( if needed) I will take a low dose of my Lorazepam."

V.L.M. June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've Been on sertraline for about 4 year. I've tried 3 times to get off it - it's hell. I feel like I'm dying. I need to get off. I don't care what I need to do . I'm never doing this again."

Help1977 June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started on Zoloft after suffering from anxiety for about 2 years. I had irrational fears about my health (heart attack, brain tumor, etc.) even though I am only 24 years old and healthy, and I found that anything out of my ordinary routine caused anxiety. I started on Zoloft at 25mg with a plan to increase my dose to 50mg after 1 month. I was a little dizzy the first week on the medicine, but since then have noticed no side effects. I noticed my anxiety starting to disappear after about 3 weeks, and I decided I didn't need to increase my dose. Still on 25mg per day 6 months later, and it has changed my life. I was skeptical of medication to begin with but highly recommend this, it really works!!"

dan0089 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have anxiety disorders and depression and have been suffering with it for years. When I first started taking this at 25mg the first week I felt sick but that subsided as my body go used to it. Then it was upped to 50 mg and it helped me function better but it changed the way I dream. Doctor still wanted more results so I went up to 100 mg. Ever since then my anxiety and depression have worsened dramatically and it's like going back to a really bad day with no meds, but every day. I'm most likely going to be taken off of these. TLDR: this med helped me at a certain dosage but at a higher one caused more anxiety and depression. This could definitely work for someone if they found the right dosage"

goodluck252 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on sertraline for about 3 years now. I've been suffering from abnormal anxiety since I was about 10, and decided to finally get on medication at age 16. At first, I was put on 50mg --25mg for the first four days, then began taking 50mg-- and at first, it was a bit difficult to tell whether it worked or not. After about 3 months, I really couldn't feel any difference from when I was off of it. It took about half a year for me to find the right dosage, which is now 200mg, and it works a lot better than I expected it to. I used to panic for no reason, the attacks occurring mostly at night when I needed to go to bed. Now, I really only have anxiety if there is an actual trigger. And if I do feel anxious for no reason, its manageable."

MeganOb June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "After 10 days on Setraline, I was a walking zombie & I felt like there was no hope. It had worsened everything x100. My unpleasant side effects (increased anxiety, dry mouth, dry eyes, dizziness, trembling, achy jaw, and decreased appetite) have finally settled & I can honestly say I feel much calmer & no longer have some of the awful/paranoid thoughts I used to have. I still have days where anxiety will try creeping up on me but it goes as quickly as it comes. I don't feel like it has worked absolute wonders yet but then my family/friends &boyfriend have said they feel like they have got the "old me" back & when I laugh now - it's a real laugh. The first 2 weeks are really hard but hang on in there. I'm glad I didn't give up early on!"

lt6 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I just did a week of 25mg. I haven't noticed a difference. I haven't had bad side effects either. Tomorrow I will up the dose to 50mg. I'll be posting again next week."

Nervoussssssssssssss May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Asking for help. My daughter is 15 and on sertraline. She was at 50 mg and doing so well we decided to decrease it 25mg. The panic attacks and severe anxiety is now keeping her from things she used to Iove. Should we go back to 50 mg is this because of the decrease? So afraid I've made a big mistake"

Anonymous May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Hi. I have started taking Sertraline 13 days ago. I had 25mg (half pill) and after the 10th day I got a full of 50mg I have Borderline Personality Disorder, and light depression, which becomes extremely severe when I have a break up. In the past, I had suffered from panic attacks, suicidal thoughts and obsessive thoughts. After my last break up I didn't wanna jeopardize being in a similar situation so I practically requested from my Psychiatrist to prescribe something that could ease my ups and downs. The first week was tough, cold sweats, frustration, emotional outbreaks and loss of control, along with diarrhea. The last 3 days I am feeling more stable and the outbreaks are not that intense. I'm more apathetic."

No Limits (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have not found that I have any side effects from this but I notice a huge difference in my mental health. Actually, my boyfriend wasn't really a believer in antidepressants but when he saw the change in me when I started taking these, he completely switched sides. Some people really do need them. I'm so glad I got on this, I feel so much better."

Kirstin123456 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've been on and off this medication for about 12 years now for my autonomic disorder, and it's been wonderful for me! I don't have a good reaction to Paxil, but Zoloft has worked great. I'm much less anxious, my symptoms have subsided, and I've even been able to come down on my dose recently. I don't recommend just coming off of it without talking to your doctor, because you can have some nasty side effects with that, and be warned that it takes between 15-30 days to fully take effect, so you have to be patient, but the results are great with little to no side effects!"

Skathlee (taken for 10 years or more) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "This drug literally saved my life, from suicidal to loving and living life again. It was quite quick acting too, my anxiety after a week was way less and each week it just was less and less. After 6 weeks I'm almost high on life, endless energy, I laugh, can love and hug my kids again, and feel like ME again, and realise how many years it's been since I felt like me. BUT the side effects :( I'm really gutted because this drug has worked a miracle, but the longer I'm on it the worst the side effects become. Stabbing aching pains in muscles in arms and legs, feet, massive bladder spasms and bladder leaking (Never had bladder issues before) and sleep is effected badly too, I wake up wide awake a lot and can't sleep past 4am"

Rosie_Posie May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "After seeing the man who beat and raped me get off with a slap on the wrists I could hardly function. I lived in such a state of constant anxiety and distrust. I really didn't want to live anymore and the only thing that forced me to was my children. This drug was a last resort but it really has helped me manage again and restored some sense of calm. Before I didn't want to leave the house and now I can. I feel like I'm becoming myself again. I'm so glad I stuck with it. It saved my life."

Human Again (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I suffered from severe panic disorder. I would get 3-5 panic attacks weekly. I found myself rushing to the hospital cause I always thought I was having a heart attack. My doctor finally started me on 25mg then 50mg and now I'm at 100mg. The 50mg worked but I was still needing to use lorazepam a couple times a week for panic attacks. Now it's been about a month on 100mg and I've only had 2 panic attacks all month. This drug is absolutely amazing. I have zero side affects from it too so mega bonus."

Dreamventrious (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Hi Guys, I was prescribed sertraline 3 weeks ago as I was suffering from frequent panic attacks, we have no idea how these attacks started as I'm a fit healthy 19 year old male, I'm also type 1 diabetic, I've had attacks on and off for the past two months now for no apparent reason and these attacks are really bad guys, I'm talking my heart is racing, sweats, dizziness, shaking and lately I'm getting episodes of a crazy burning/tingling sensation throughout my chest and into both arms that lasts about a minute max at a time, I've had all my ECG and blood tests done and they seem to be fine, the only thing that's high is my blood pressure, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this burning/tingling sensation?? is it anxiety??"

Rhys guy (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on 25mg for 2 weeks. In 5 days it started to work. Let me tell you, I'm doing 80% better than before. I've developed awful social anxiety and (almost) panic attacks over the last 2 years and I don't know what's going on. I've been in psychotherapy for a year and it hasn't done much, although the therapist, on occasion, suggested that I look into anti-anxiety meds. After 3 years I've taken the plunge. I almost feel like I have my life back. I'm able to be around people with 80% less anxiety than before. I'm confident again. I like myself. It's like this dark cloud is finally starting to dissipate. I'm recovering. At 2 weeks, I have no side effects except diarrhea in the first week."

feelingbetter77777 May 22, 2017