User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1595 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

For Anxiety and Stress: "I tried wellbutrin for depression which worked for a couple months, but then I had memory issues.I couldn't remember what I was thinking two seconds later.It scared the crap out of me so badly I couldn't try anything else. Years went by trying to go without, now I'm prescribed sertraline for depression. At first I was terrified but realized I was psyching myself out of actually giving it a try. Before I took this, I barely was eating, sleeping...horrible...now, I gained 5-6 lbs back, can sleep, I just feel better. Some days are rough but not as bad as they used to be. I noticed a lack of sex drive, and dry mouth, but besides that feel great. My dosage is due to be upped now, so I do notice some effectiveness going down, but this is normal."

Trying2bcontent November 18, 2016

For Depression: "Although this has kept me sane for the last 5 yrs I cant understand why I have to pay twice because they don't make a 150 mg tablet £8.40 for the 100 mg and a further £8.40 for the 50 mg one illness twice the price. As if we don't have enough to worry about"

bacf333 November 17, 2016

For Depression: "I have suffered from anxiety and depression for much of my adult life.I have tried almost every option & medication available. My first experience of Sertraline was just over 2 years ago,it was a breath of fresh air,& I felt fantastic.My happiness & quality of life improved beyond recognition.Despite being sceptical, I stuck with 100mg dose(8mnths),& continued to feel the benefits. Due to my new found joie de vive I decided to give up on the treatment. Unfortunately after a month or so I noticed a change in my feelings,& gradually became more and more withdrawn.This trend continued. 3 months ago I started on Sertraline again, & it's been just as amazing. Incidentally I was also found to be gluten intolerant which can magnify depression"

Life, I love you again November 17, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "So I'm on day 4 of 25mg of Zoloft..... I will titrate up to 50 mg at day 7.... I have to say, I feel amazing. Is it normal for it to work this quickly. I'm taking it for anxiety. Mild side effects, can tell something is going on in my head. Feel a little tired or foggy about an hour after I take it, but otherwise I feel good. I understand the full effects won't take hold for a while.... will it actually make me feel better that I already do?? I seriously cannot believe I feel it this fast. Any thought are welcome."

Hockeymom33 November 16, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've only been on 50mg Zoloft for about a week and I feel like I'm in a way better mood at times and haven't felt as depressed as I was before taking it. However I've lost a lot of sleep because of it, lost my appetite, getting confused at times, and absolutely no libido even if I tried. At times I feel like a complete zombie and it gets difficult trying to work because I feel so numb. I also feel a lot slower mentally but that may be because of lack of sleep.Before zoloft I was having a suicidal thought every other day and cutting myself almost everyday and now of zoloft I am NOT thinking of hurting myself and 1 suicidal thought in a week. I've been a lot happier on this medication."

supahotfire November 16, 2016

For Depression: "just wanted to share my experience on taking this drug. I've never felt this good in my life, I really can't remember a time when I was this clear headed and genuinely happy. I've been on this medication for just over 6 months and they have completely changed my life. I used to feel so angry and sad and had no motivation to do anything but lie around and rot with my negativity. Since taking these everything has changed, I am applying my self more, I'm doing well in college, I'v gotten a raise in work, friends and family have told me how much my mood has changed, I go gym a lot, something I wouldn't have had the energy to do before.It took about 2 months for the effects to work, but its so worth it. Hope this helps someone who has reservations."

Dragondeaths (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "So far, so good. My initial side effects were insomnia (randomly waking up at 3 or 4 am), followed by heavy drowsiness, and some random bouts of nausea. This was all within first week. I'm on my third week and that's all subsided. I've actually been content with food. Normally I am obsessed with eating, am never satisfied, but lately my relationship with food has become a little more laissez-faire. I am generally feeling happy and my fianc"

Feeefeee November 16, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I literally developed anxiety and intrusive thoughts over night. I kept telling myself that it was a phase, i was stressed, it will pass, 11 months later this was not the case.I tried all the natural remedies there are, and had no permeant relief. I felt so alone, as i hated telling the people i love how i was feeling inside, as it was so unlike me. I finally started taking Sertaline, and have been on it for 5 weeks now, the first 4 weeks I saw a MASSIVE improvement, it was such a relief, and i experienced no side affects, apart from slight difficulty reaching orgasm, im feeling my anxiety creep back in however, not sure if its just a blip or if i should put up my dose from 50mg. Im going to speak to my doctor but has anybody else had this?"

zo123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I switched from Pristiq which was keeping me up at night. My initial dose was 50 mg. it was hell the first week: crying spells panick attacks but my doc promised it will improve. After I bumped it up to 100 mg the hell got worse; panick attacks& anxiety were unbearable but I kept telling myself to stick with it. So, I did until the end of week 2 on higher dose when I was hospitalized with seizures due to serotonin syndrome. Still taking Ativan 1 mg every 5-6 hours for seizures. Not a good experience."

Russakat15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2016

For Depression: "I was a little apprehensive at first but glad I started on this. I was feeling very low and also anxious about events and going out etc. But mostly, it was feeling low that got me to visit the doctor. The first day on 50mg I felt an immediate high and felt like smiling all the time! It was very strange but I still felt myself, just happier. Then from then it tapered off to feeling very low again at the end of the first week. This lasted two days and I considered making an appointment as it worried me. However, it picked up again and I've felt great since. Almost 4 weeks now on 50mg and the doctor has prescribed me with 100mg to start which I feel fine about. I did have experience headaches and a little nausea but its worth it."

JohnW1313131313 November 14, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "On sertraline for 17 days. Horrible nausea, sickness, anxiety with mind racing, and trembling. Please please tell me this is normal? It's crushing me with daily life."

Bex33 November 14, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've started taking Zoloft for close to a month and a half and I'm taking 100mg pills. So far I've had zero side effects what so ever and I sleep well most of the time. I don't really feel any different, it's like drinking water. So far it's had almost no effect on me what so ever negative or positive, it's practically as though I'm not taking anything although I do feel VERY slightly more calm but barely, that's about it. I don't have panic attacks when I'm awake (only asleep) neither am I depressed. I struggle with extreme dissociation, paranoia, erratic behavior, rage, jumpiness and anger to sounds, anti-social, etc. Maybe the dose is too small so my doc will bump it to 200mg and I'll post again."

CMan27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Started this with very low hopes of it doing anything after my last two experiences with anxiety/depression medication. Fluoxetine ruined my life, Escitalopram made me feel awful, so i expected sertraline to do the same. I was very surprised when i started it on 25mg that i had no issues, no nausea, upset tummy, dizziness, nothing. After some time i was feeling less anxious but it still lingered so my doctor allowed me to up the dosage to 50mg and my anxiety was pretty much completely gone besides the odd few days, however it didn't do a whole lot for my depression which i discussed with my psychiatrist and the dosage was upped again to 75mg and then finnaly 100mg, currently on 100mg every day and i feel great. It might work for you."

Buzzty November 11, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Extreme anxiety and feelings of fear following 50 mg dose of sertraline, taken for 5 days only. I stopped due to persistent nausea, retching and diarrhoea, leaving me unable to eat or function. Now on Prozac which has less severe gastric effects"

Daisylooby (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

For Depression: "Been on Sertraline for 3 weeks now,50mg/day. First 3days I felt very up,happy inside,great feeling. Then for 2 days a had an constant headache.Then for 3 days I had aches and pains down my back and the back of my legs,like restless legs,my skin was tender to touch on back and back of legs,almost flu like. Then after that I've gone back to before,irritable ,snappy, short tempered, no motivation, don't want to talk to anyone,low sex drive and low appetite,thirsty all the time,stomach problems, today I'm feeling sick but not sure if it's a one off. I have my next appointment in 1 week and not too sure if I should continue on the 50mg or up it to 100mg a day as the doctor said we start off at the lowest dose and can triple it."

Pretorius21July1983 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on lexapro for years before it pooped out and it helped alright.Finally switched to zoloft 150 mg and it did take 2-3 months but ever since I have never felt better. No more OCD/anxiety, I'm a new person, it literally saved my life. 10-10 would recommend and hoping it works for the rest of my life"

Matty1234 November 10, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 56 yr old male and have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 17 years. I was taking 1mg Xanax daily which worked beautifully. In Nov 2014, 2 yrs ago, I was told I could no longer be prescribed Xanax, not a good idea to take long term. So for the last two years I tapered off down to 0.5mg Xanax a week and used herbal remedy and alcohol. As my supply of Xanax was running down to only a couple of months supply it forced me to seek help and my doc prescribed Serta a sertaline drug. Only started taking Sertaline 4 days ago and I m struggling with the increased daily anxiety I realise this is a long post so I'll come to the point. When will I feel the results and do I have to keep using the dose? Thanks"

HopingThisWorks (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been through a very traumatic abusive marriage for 6 years and finally got away from the abuse. I took Zoloft a few years ago during the marriage due to intense panic attacks. But after the divorce I got off of it thinking I didn't need it anymore. Well a couple months ago I felt my anxiety creeping back and have several panic attacks. I went to my doctor and he stated me on 50mg of Zoloft for the anxiety. I was hoping it would be an immediate relief but then remembered it takes at least two weeks to start making you feel better. Today, it will be 8 days that I have been on it. Take it every night before I go to bed. Doctor prescribed me low dose of Xanax to prevent panic attacks until Zoloft kicks in. day 8, I'm finally feeling better"

SuchIsLife (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was on Wellbutrin for three years, my anxiety and panic started getting worse. The doctor took me off wellbutrin and put me on 25mg of zoloft for the first two weeks, now I'm on 50mg a day. It seems to be working!! Im on my third week now and the anxiety is getting better and better daily. I am pleased with it so far :) Anxiety and panic attacls is no way to live, I never knew how someone would want to take their own life until I experienced it first hand. Thank God for mediacation!"

dnell November 7, 2016

For Depression: "I'm giving this an 8 because I have only been taking for a few weeks. I am taking 25mg/day along with up to 100mg of Hydroxizine every 6 hours for anxiety. Doc told me it would take about 4-6 weeks for Sertraline to really kick in but, let me tell you, I have already noticed a HUGE difference! Much calmer, clear minded, able to focus, excited to be alive. I just got sober a few weeks ago, so these meds are a Godsend since my body is readjusting to normality. So far, 2 thumbs way up! Side effects I've noticed: HUGE appetite, random small headaches, and lower sex drive. All of these could be from too much caffeine, too little exercise, my body readjusting to sobriety..........or a multitude of other things. Can't pinpoint them to the meds."

mkee0110 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Depression: "The first 2 months were horrendous if anything i think my symptoms were worse. However after that period I gradually got better and feel the best I have ever felt. Many who score this drug low usually do in the first few months. If you can stick with it do as it has changed my life."

BeckyJacooke November 6, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've been in Zoloft for 2 months for depression, anxiety. The reason I don't give it top grades is because I don't have anything else to compare it to. Started 1 week on 25mg and then moved to 50mg the first two/three weeks the side effects were the same people describe, headache, tiredness, stomach issues, death thoughts, lack of appetite, after that the first sign was no more tears, less anxiety for eating my emotions went away, social anxiety too, fear & death gone too. Calmness, ability to focus on the now, lower PMS, ability to focus & interact. Some days are still hard but takes less for me to cope with them. I didn't know life could feel this way. (Side effects Lower sex drive & return of big appetite and weight gain)"

Twigtotree November 5, 2016

For Depression: "Sertraline destroyed my life. I took it for a few months in 2015 after it was prescribed for mild depression. The side effects are awful. Started with diarrohea, dizziness, sleeplessness. Became occasionally psychotic. Tried suicide three months later. Came off Sertraline a year ago, still having side effects. Cannot drive, cannot work. Tinnitus, headaches, no co-ordination, still get stomach cramps. Do not put this stuff in your body."

Ed64 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2016

For Depression: "When taking it after dinner meal I couldn't sleep through the night woke up every hour or two - boo hoo. I started taking it in the morning after breakfast. Now I'm sleeping 6 hours solid at night and helping me more in the day to be calmer."

Motorcycle Marty November 4, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "i only took it for one day and I could barely orgasm when having sex"

alexjenks (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016