User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Borderline Personality Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1743 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "started zoloft 25mg but was told to brake in half for three days then go to the 25mg for two weeks then to 50mg , the first week was hell!!! Was throwing up none stop, horrible diarrhea made my anxiety so much worse, I weighed 85 pounds and went down to 73, was in and out of the er because I needed fluids, after week too I could tell my depression was better but my anxiety was still bad got to the point I couldn't leave my bed, my son missed basketball games had to have my mom go to the store for me, after week 3 on the 50mg doctor prescribed me xanax (one a day if needed) it helped a lot with my anxiety but my side effects keep getting worse so the doctor got me off the zoloft, a lot better now off the zoloft and haven't had anxiety in a week,"

Lizzybear1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "My depression and anxiety left me house bound and unable to pull myself out of bed, incapable of getting into the shower and basic everyday tasks. I'm 1 week into my Zoloft prescription and feeling lows and peaks of the medication. Today is tough which is why I found this site to see how you all feel. Does anyone feel like huge surge of depression? I don't understand the overwhelming feelings today out of the blue?"

Victoria l f March 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Works great but you'll never sleep the same again. I can sleep for about 3 hours per night and then I'm up every 30-45 minutes after that. Always the same thing every night around the same time, 3am wake up eyes wide open and often cannot fall back sleep. Hardly ever enter REM sleep due to the frequent awakenings. I'm exhausted all day, every day, but hey I'm happy right? WRONG! I need sleep to function. Stopped taking it. Other side effects: dry mouth, decreased appetite, tremors, dilated pupils the size of Texas, CONSTANT HEADACHE, decreased sensation with orgasm. There has to be another way to deal with anxiety and panic attacks, right?!?!"

NurseACH March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Today is day 14 on Zoloft. It's been a rough 2 weeks with the only side effects being heightened anxiety & panic. Now I'm past the first two weeks I should start to feel some improvement right?? I'm currently relying on lorazepam to function."

Sar70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Developed deep depression. Resisted drugs for a while. GP recommended zoloft. First four weeks were hell then it has been excellent.The best I have felt for years. In Australia so drug very cheap. $13 dollars for month"

Big Australian A March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "My experience with sertraline (Zoloft/lustral, 25mg to 50mg over the course of a week) was hell on earth. One of the biggest regrets of my life. I will never poison myself like that again. Please save yourself from the pain this drug causes - both physical and mental. And please be aware that this pain lasts after you've stopped taking the drug."

ScaredOfSertraline (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "If you are scrolling through 1000's of reviews like I was, this one is for you. I started Zoloft three weeks ago for Major Depression and overwhelming anxiety and panic attacks. I started at 25mg for a week, then up to 50mg. Initially, I felt a million times worse, constant panic attacks, increase in suicidal intrusive thoughts, deep depression. But, after just 1 week at 50mg, I noticed a difference in mood, and it's been better and better since. Fight through the initial worsening of symptoms if you can! I asked for xanax to help me get through it. It definitely gets worse before it gets better for some people, but it was 100% worth it for me! I also had slight nausea, a sore neck, and some dizziness that all seem to be subsiding."

Babylady83 March 2, 2017

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Zoloft changed my life completely and I feel "normal" pretty much all of the time. I was too phobic to try it and for 15 yrs I suffered. I wish it didn't have to happen that way. I started literally on 6.25 mg so afraid I'd get ill. Went up to 12.5 then 25 and so on. I'm now on 150mg and have had zero side effects. If you're like me and phobic of meds, start on a baby dose. Even when the doc looks at you weird, just do it your way for you. You want the lowest effective dose anyway right? Start small and tell yourself this will help and not hurt you before you take it. Each day it gets easier. Best wishes for a better life."

Happy finally (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took 75 mg for 3 weeks and it didn't really move the needle for my depression. I thought around day 3 I felt a little better, but after that it was pretty much back to being depressed as I had been before. I did feel like I was less easily angered by things, which was nice. It did not help my social anxiety very much or at all. Side effects were not too bad. A little drowsiness the first few days. Some ringing in the ears. Decreased libido the first couple of weeks. The doctor has changed me over to Cymbalta, so we'll see if that works any better. I had high hopes for Zoloft, but I guess it just didn't work for me."

TheBurritoKing (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "This medication has changed my life and probably saved my marriage. I can think clearly function effectively and my anxiety is controlled. I can now enjoy all the things I used to . I have had depression and anxiety for most of my life , I am on 50 mg at the moment which seems to suit me perfectly. But there is scope to increase if necessary."

Lulu1710 February 28, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medicine has been a blessing to my life. I have been taking this medicine for 8 months and now had control on my panic attacks, agraphobia and anxiety. I personally take it at night time because I like taking medicine before going to bed. Since the age of 10 I have been suffering from RA and now I'm 29. This lead me to be depressed but I'm enjoying life once again in the midst of all my complications due to RA. I totally recommend this medicine. In the beginning I had side effects like diarrhea but it was only for two weeks it was actually good because I lost some weight but the I gained it back again. So people do not be afraid this really can help you!"

luisafer February 28, 2017

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I'm 18 and have been on Zoloft 50 mg for about a week now after the first couple days I felt like it makes my anxiety and panic attacks worse should I go to higher dose or change to something else? First day or 2 got really aggressive thoughts and couldn't sleep but each day got easier! I smoke weed everyday and the weed makes me get anxiety but the Zoloft tires to fight it and I feel like I'm trapped in my body with even worse anxiety. I feel sad as on the inside but no one would even tell when I'm with them it's like all my feelings are trapped inside me if that makes sense any help anyone?"

Tyroneranger February 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I normally never post reviews of any kind, however this review is different for me. Not only is it very personal to me, but I hope that in sharing my story it can also help someone see the light at the end of the tunnel. After a brief medical scare my anxiety rose to an all time high causing severe panic attacks and making me emotionally unrecognizable. I was afraid of doing normal, everyday things that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about and also scared myself into thinking I had some sort of heart related issues. Long story short, zoloft resulted in a 180 change for me in less < 6 wks. I started the first week off with 1/2 of a 50 mg tabl and then a whole. Very thankful for giving this life changing medicine a chance. Never lose hope"

Starbrightx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was going through absolute hell. Dark days was effecting my Family life and work. The Man inside of me said keep going, but I couldn't. I pulled into the Doctors office contemplating going up stairs to the office (anxiety). I felt weak asking for Male advise from my Male Doc? I told the Doctor about my previous experiences on SSRI's and how they made my mood worse. He prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and after 5-6 weeks, I was me again. It doesn't feel drug induced, it just kicks your bad thoughts completely. No ill side effects. But thats my story!"

MileHigher Ty (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "a) I wanted to know the "personality" of my OCD; So, after a consult, I also did a QEEG, that was interpretated by my Doc and explained to me: super-anxiety, emotional rooted in my nervous system (exactly in the Limbic system: autonomic/subconsc.); The conscious area, the cortex (Brain's frontal part) was fine; But the relation between those 2 different regions was bad: the feeling of anxiety/worry/doubt was not being properly "filtered" when arriving to the conscious region, making it fatigued by handling with such an intense emotion, resulting in overthinking. b) Sertraline (Zoloft), starting 50mg, gradually to 150mg, and, as it was very well tolerated, 200mg (week 6); + Emotional CBT; + Xanax Xr (3,5mg); + Trazodone 100mg for sleep. c)I'm FiNE"

Paul Jame B. (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Most notable change is my appetite. I've been athletic my whole life, but gained 40 pounds in one year of from compulsive binge eating. I thought I was just being a pig, which perpetuated the horrible cycle of depression and anxiety. Turns out I was just really, really low on seratonin. The cravings / irrational food addiction went completely away at around 75mgs. Now I have to make an effort to eat enough to fuel an active lifestyle. Stress and anxiety and depression subsided gradually. They're not completely gone, but they're manageable now. Combined with a healthy life style and some intense therapy, I'm able to overcome bouts of anxiety and depression, and those bouts are shorter and less severe. A tool, not a magic pill."

Nikiana February 24, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Zoloft worked AWESOME for my extreme anxiety and major depression. It worked for many years but eventually (as all good things do), it stopped working as well and once my dosage couldn't go any higher, I had to start the whole process of finding the right medication and the right "cocktail" for me. Again, I'd like to reiterate that Zoloft SAVED MY LIFE for MANY YEARS and only had to stop talking bc after about 7-10 years I guess my body didn't continue to respond like it used to."

MaryKrazy1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been reading reviews for days on many different meds for anxiety. I was put on Effexor and I read reviews and possible side effects and I became too afraid to take it. So I recently spoke to a friend who has been on Zoloft for 2 months and has great results. So today I'm starting 25mg and bumping it up to 50mg in a week. For years I have suffered with anxiety. But over the last couple months I have had 2 panic attacks, 1 of them actually put me in the hospital. The one I had last night I was able to talk myself out of it after about an hour. Now I feel like I'm always waiting for it to happen again. Which causes anxiety. I'm very afraid of taking meds in fear of side affects. But after last night I'm just gonna do it."

40andafraid (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I got put on Sertraline yesterday, straight on 50mg and a two week supply. I've had anxiety for years, but it's worse right now as I'm getting made redundant in two weeks. I don't have a partner, no kids, no proper support, and my own mortgage. So my stress and anxiety levels have just gotten worse. I've even cancelled some interviews for jobs, because my nerves got so bad, and I couldn't psychically make myself go. So I've used this tablet one night at the moment, and today feel even more anxious, depressed, no energy/motivation, don't have an appetite, and feeling slightly sick. However I have been told by a friend you do feel like this for the first couple of weeks. I just hope they are going to work."

Stacie111 February 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Was on lexapro 20mg one a day for year thought I would try something different Dr said try Zoloft 50 mg a day OMG what a mistake. First week bad dreams, rash, itchy, dizziness no sex drive etc. terrible not for me going back on lexapro."

Jerseyguy19 February 19, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Well I think that it has help with my anger. however not really my depression. People say I'm a lot better but I'm still down inside. Don't really know if there is a real cure for depression."

Zedy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My internist prescribed me 25mg of Zoloft daily as an alternative to Wellbutrin. The side effects were not worth the benefit for me. In the seven weeks I faithfully used the med I suffered from severe fatigue, inability to orgasm, weight gain, acne, and chest heaviness. As a thirty-something, in-shape mother of two, I have zero time for naps so, fatigue was not a livable option for me. I'm actually really surprised by the weight gain as I hit the gym daily. The pros of this medicine would be: my sweet tooth was non-existent. That's probably it."

DFWmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I been on sertraline 25mg for depression for 15 years and I started taking sertraline when I was 30 years old and I am 45 now. I was originally diagnosed with dysthmia and this antidepressant works wonders on me and love it."

SBRABSON (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Zoloft is a fantastic AD. It gave me motivation and helped me get back out there into my life. It didn't work that well for anxiety, but your mileage may vary. Even switching up as little as 50mg would bring back the "punch" if it "pooped out." Highly recommend."

Psychtraveler (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Its been a week on 25mg of Setraline. I am experiencing daily nausea and lightheadeness. Also frequent headaches. I still have anxiety. I sometimes take .25 mg of Xanax if I know I have to go out in public. Starting 50 mg of Sertraline tomorrow. I will try this medicine for 4-6 weeks and see if it can really help reduce my anxiety. More to follow...."

William S (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017