User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Sertraline Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety and Stress.

Reviews for Sertraline to treat Anxiety and Stress

"I have been suffering from anxiety and stress since 2013, xanax was suggested to me, 4 years on xanax..5mg thrice a day but even then I was anxious. I decided to consult psychiatrist for complete treatments, he prescribed Zoloft 25mg BD for a week then 50mg OD, on day 7 i started feeling good, on 8 day I have started to take 50mg feeling little foggy but it will obviously show its full effect up to week 4. So give the zoloft time to work... Wish u all the best.."

Khan Baba (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

"Seems to take the edge of anxiety to some extent. Also having acceptance and commitment therapy which is helping quite a bit too. Still have bad days though but not quite as bad generally as before I was on the medication. No real side effects from what I've seen."

Damo G (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

"I was in therapy for two years for anxiety,my anxiety got so bad I couldn't drive hated traffic,basically didn't want to leave the house only for business,I was so scared to take medicine so I decided to go get on meds I had the bottle for two days before I took it finally last night I took it guess what I'm fine no side effect .nothing!I worried for nothing so don't listen to all the negative stories try for yourself I'm very new on it but I had to write this review for someone who may be as scared as I was .I was scared I even was going to go the emergency room and take it and I wasn't going to sign in I just thought I would feel safer if I sat there to take it haha Im on zoloft 25 mg if your wondering and I'm so glad I gave it a try!"

Scared to death for nothing (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

"I've been suffering crippling anxiety since divorcing a sociopath and having life throw some seriously scary shit at me. I'm a single mother with no family to support me and as I suffer social anxiety too - not many friends either. I felt less anxious quite quickly - and even had a few 'normal' moments which I haven't had for months so I was hopeful. However, after just three days I noticed I was sweating more, and feeling agitated. Then I had the worst night ever of constant palpitations, panic, with terrible dreams when I did eventually sleep. I must have got up like 10 times to wee. I was super jumpy - a small sound in the night would have me almost hitting the ceiling with the sudden panic. Not good - stopped immediately."

Griff1969 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

"I tried wellbutrin for depression which worked for a couple months, but then I had memory issues.I couldn't remember what I was thinking two seconds later.It scared the crap out of me so badly I couldn't try anything else. Years went by trying to go without, now I'm prescribed sertraline for depression. At first I was terrified but realized I was psyching myself out of actually giving it a try. Before I took this, I barely was eating, sleeping...horrible...now, I gained 5-6 lbs back, can sleep, I just feel better. Some days are rough but not as bad as they used to be. I noticed a lack of sex drive, and dry mouth, but besides that feel great. My dosage is due to be upped now, so I do notice some effectiveness going down, but this is normal."

Trying2bcontent November 18, 2016

"So I'm on day 4 of 25mg of Zoloft..... I will titrate up to 50 mg at day 7.... I have to say, I feel amazing. Is it normal for it to work this quickly. I'm taking it for anxiety. Mild side effects, can tell something is going on in my head. Feel a little tired or foggy about an hour after I take it, but otherwise I feel good. I understand the full effects won't take hold for a while.... will it actually make me feel better that I already do?? I seriously cannot believe I feel it this fast. Any thought are welcome."

Hockeymom33 November 16, 2016

"I literally developed anxiety and intrusive thoughts over night. I kept telling myself that it was a phase, i was stressed, it will pass, 11 months later this was not the case.I tried all the natural remedies there are, and had no permeant relief. I felt so alone, as i hated telling the people i love how i was feeling inside, as it was so unlike me. I finally started taking Sertaline, and have been on it for 5 weeks now, the first 4 weeks I saw a MASSIVE improvement, it was such a relief, and i experienced no side affects, apart from slight difficulty reaching orgasm, im feeling my anxiety creep back in however, not sure if its just a blip or if i should put up my dose from 50mg. Im going to speak to my doctor but has anybody else had this?"

zo123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

"On sertraline for 17 days. Horrible nausea, sickness, anxiety with mind racing, and trembling. Please please tell me this is normal? It's crushing me with daily life."

Bex33 November 14, 2016

"Extreme anxiety and feelings of fear following 50 mg dose of sertraline, taken for 5 days only. I stopped due to persistent nausea, retching and diarrhoea, leaving me unable to eat or function. Now on Prozac which has less severe gastric effects"

Daisylooby (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

"I have been through a very traumatic abusive marriage for 6 years and finally got away from the abuse. I took Zoloft a few years ago during the marriage due to intense panic attacks. But after the divorce I got off of it thinking I didn't need it anymore. Well a couple months ago I felt my anxiety creeping back and have several panic attacks. I went to my doctor and he stated me on 50mg of Zoloft for the anxiety. I was hoping it would be an immediate relief but then remembered it takes at least two weeks to start making you feel better. Today, it will be 8 days that I have been on it. Take it every night before I go to bed. Doctor prescribed me low dose of Xanax to prevent panic attacks until Zoloft kicks in. day 8, I'm finally feeling better"

SuchIsLife (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

"I was on Wellbutrin for three years, my anxiety and panic started getting worse. The doctor took me off wellbutrin and put me on 25mg of zoloft for the first two weeks, now I'm on 50mg a day. It seems to be working!! Im on my third week now and the anxiety is getting better and better daily. I am pleased with it so far :) Anxiety and panic attacls is no way to live, I never knew how someone would want to take their own life until I experienced it first hand. Thank God for mediacation!"

dnell November 7, 2016

"I have been taking Sertraline for the last 12 weeks (5 weeks at 25 MG and 7 weeks at 50MG). I have given Sertraline 10 out of 10 because since week 7 I was feeling perfect - back to my old self. however over the last couple of days I have felt my anxiety creeping back in and had my first adrenaline surge in 6 weeks during the night last night. I am now terrified my anxiety is returning like it was before and don't know what to do. Has anyone else experienced a "blip" at this stage and how long did it last? I don't really want to increase my dose but don't want to return to the way things were. I was feeling so happy and back to my old self for 4 weeks and now am feeling so disappointed. Can anyone give me some positive advice please?"

LESLEY50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

"Before I started this medication I couldn't get out bed. I couldn't look at people without feeling nervous and sick. I had intrusive thoughts that made me ill to the point I couldn't get out bed. I lost 3 stone and was in a dark place. I was put on this medication at 50mg for 2 weeks, the first week was okay, except I had the shakes, don't ask me why. After the first 2 weeks, I was put on to 100mg. And I can honestly say it's helped me so much. It changed me. I know people say you shouldn't rely on medication but if you need it, then you should take it. I still have bad moments but they only last 10 minutes maximum per day. Whereas before I had the worst anxiety every single minute even when I slept (which was barely ever) really good meds"

Lou473910474 October 27, 2016

"Being on sertraline 25mg since Monday for anxiety/stress,the very first day I got some relief,day 2loads of energy day3 feel like crop,day 4 I'm over this meds,and today very ready to stop taking,the worst side effect diarrhea and no appetite,any suggestions when I'm gonna just totally feel like my old active self?????And I walk twice a day,yoga,and deep breaths,how can I get some appetite???"

Anonymous October 21, 2016

"Zoloft is amazing for me. Was prescribed it years ago when suffering post natal and it was a life saver. On it for about a year. I started it again (50mg) 2 years ago as I was suffering stress when my son was diagnosed with autism. Since the drug became effective (within a month), I could see how wonderful my life actually was and was able to support my son who went on to do really well. But I put on 9 kg so I've just weaned off it and am exhausted and not coping well with stress. Think I weaned too quickly (3/4 weeks) so am going to try taking 25 mg and see if that still helps but hopefully without the weight gain. If u r depressed or anxious try this drug it is so effective with hardly any side effects. Just bit hard to go off it!!"

Gbert (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 16, 2016

"Thanks to all people who write comments. I have been givin 25mg of sertraline and wasn't sure that I wanted to take it. I've been feeling in the dumps for 7 months now due to stress at work and other events. I question everybody's motives. I cry and feel sad a lot. I don't want to get up in the morning and bed is my only refuge. I feel like I don't even want or care to get better. I will take it as prescribed (I think) and give it a chance."

LrigecoJ October 14, 2016

"After the loss of my younger brother I had a very difficult year. After 4 weeks on sertraline I can say for the 1st time in a long time, I'm gonna b ok. Despite sleep disturbances I have more energy, positive outlook and people are noticing i seem happier."

Mel2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2016

"I had high hopes for Zoloft, SSRI #3 that was tried. I didn't experience ANY side effects getting on it until about day 14, when I noticed my depression was getting very bad. I was getting mood swings (and I don't mean highs and lows, I mean neutrals and super lows) so my doc suggested I get off of it. I didn't notice it helping. It made me feel more emotional."

missschris (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

"So I have been given sertraline to take at 50mg i have just come back from a&e because I woke up at 3am and my heart was pounding out my chest resting rate of 125! The doctor done an ecg checked me over by then my heart rate had gone down and said its my anxiety and it's just the tablets working and I now have propanalol 10mg to take twice a day other than the heart rate issue I don't have any other side affects which I'm pleased about! Has anyone else had this issue too or is it just me!"

Loopylou92 September 19, 2016

"Worst medication I've ever been prescribed for anxiety and depression. Took it for a little over a month (50 mg) with absolutely no change in symptoms. Absolutely not my doctors fault, she wanted to try something new to see if that would have a better affect on my mental health. Originally I was on Lexapro 20 mg and have since gone back to that. I feel like this really made my mental health worse and not better."

StressedMessExpress September 19, 2016

"I have been on 50mg sertraline for one week then just started 100mg yesterday,I have had deep depression ocd & panic attacks for 15 months and have been on several tablets and a stay in hospital I felt like life was not living I wanted to die I feel a bit better not so anxious but still have intrusive thoughts I'm hoping as the weeks go on this will improve"

Katyf (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

"I've been on sertraline for two weeks now after being recently widowed, stressing about the loss, stressing about money....i cared for my husband for 16yrs full time ss he couldn't move from neck down. Probably should have sought help before as the stress is big time....anyway, now he's died, its all come out and I'm a jittery, jumpy emotional mess. But I need to find work without breaking down at an interview. Yes its helped, I'm not jumpy now, I can keep my emotions for when I'm alone and I'm more in control. Only thing is , occasional horrific headaches?"

Oooja booja September 5, 2016

"Been weened off floxitine (prozac) and put on sertaline for my GAD , &I have had a few panic attacks. Been I bit more anxious & I have been crying quite alot this WK, as it is only 2nd wk. On pregabalin for chronic back pain, & notice they were helping my anxiety more , so it was only then that my anxiety was really addressed,and my doctors trying me on sertaline 50 mg per day."

Donna68369 donna September 1, 2016

"This medication has changed my life for the better. I started to feel better within about a week of taking it. I chose to take it before bed rather than in the morning which I think helped me to not feel any negative side effects. I've tried 2 other types of medication but this is the only one for me that's helped reduce my anxiety but everyone is different so may not work for everyone but my experience on it has been positive."

SGH91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

"I'm a 35 y/o army combat veteran. I have PTSD & one of my biggest challenges is the ANXIETY & PANIC ATTACKS. I was discharged when i was 25, but the anxiety has gotten worse. I can't go into a market, target, mall or even outside when its very sunny. Apparently any stimuli triggers a panic attack for me. I wish that I had the experiences you guys have with sertraline. I took it for 3 days & it was absolutely unbearable. I was super jittery. I had bad tremors. My hands & fingers could not stay still. I could not sleep. I got mild lockjaw (especially when I yawned). It was horrible. •••BUT••• Somehow I did not suffer from any panic attacks whatsoever. My Dr. took me off that & put me on mirtazapine. Ugh. I need help, seriously."

Tier1ArmyEOD August 27, 2016