User Reviews for Zantac 150

Stomach Ulcer
4.5

Summary of Zantac 150 reviews 7.8 37 reviews

Reviews for Zantac 150

For GERD "Rantac or zantac both should be rated world no.1 medicine because every time I use it works and gives quick relief all stomach related problem. Since I have some digestion problem and if I forget to take rantac problems . But since I took it after my stomach all cleared and feel amazing health is back on track.."

Pasha (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2018

For Stomach Ulcer "This drug probably won't work on it's own. I was taking 2 of these a day because the ER doctor prescribed it. It seemed to be working because it relieved the pain. But my poop still looked weird. When more blood came I added the prescription dose of prilosec [40 mgs/day] and my poop was brown again. (I also added probiotics.)"

stomach pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For GERD "It works great and it's very cheap OTC in the store brands. My insurance still covers the 150mg zantac in the generic form. I prefer zantac over nexium and prilosec. Both of the PPI's worked well, but I am a chronic pain patient and for some reason while taking nexium or prilosec it would inhibit the morphine ER from absorbing enough and my urine screens wouldn't show the morphine in my system when it was in there. I would stop the nexium or the prilosec, it happened with both of these medications. After I would stop them, The urine test would start to detect the Morphine ER. test. Both times my doctor sent me to the hospital to get other drug tests that did in fact show the Morphine ER in my system, so after that she put me on Zantac and I haven't had anymore issues. It works great, I don't have ulcers or anymore heartburn. I take 150mg once per day."

cvdixon29 July 19, 2018

For GERD "Prilosec didn't work for me. Tried zantac 150 twice day, and finally the burn went away. Relief, love this drug."

Lynn (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2018

For GERD "I was in agony and vomiting 45 minutes ago, now after taking zantac I am exhausted, but pain free. Going to take a second pill so I get a full 24 hours of relief from pain and vomiting. My only qualm is waiting 45 mins for relief when you are in such pain seems like an eternity!"

pain girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Indigestion "Love it I can eat or drink anything NO MORE HEARTBURN AND INDIGESTION"

Pat (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For GERD "I have been using Zantac 150 for over 12 years, when stricken 1 Zantac will take effect within 30 to 45 minutes. When GERD is real bad I will take another in an hour and stops the symptoms until the next flare up, usually some time the next day. My life was almost unbearable before I started medicating with Zantac. Thank you so much for all the relief for so many years. Wish product was not so expensive,"

Gjg (taken for 10 years or more) May 24, 2018

For Indigestion "What a despicable amount of packaging for such a tiny bottle. Your brand is successful enough to not to need such a waste of earth’s resources to get the customer to notice it on the shelf when we are already looking for it. Please think of the future of our planet."

Earth warrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For GERD "I get heartburn and acid reflux so bad it feels like I can’t breathe. This is the only medicine that works for me. I get relief in about 30 minutes. I have been taking this medicine frequently for the last 15 years with none of the side effects others have described. I do not go anywhere without this medicine - no exaggeration - I have a bottle in my car, my purse, my desk at work, my bathroom, and kitchen. It is a lifesaver for me."

Mama Mia (taken for 10 years or more) March 12, 2018

For GERD "I don't even know where to start. I have never felt more miserable on a drug in my life. Before taking it, I had suddenly been losing a ton of weight and having issues sleeping at night due to waking up cold, shaky, and ill-feeling. An urgent care doctor mentioned that I probably have gastritis and this was given to me. I am currently about three days in and I can't do it anymore. This morning, after taking my morning dose, I found myself almost immediately hit with incredible weakness, nausea, headache, and what must be a panic attack. It's horrible. This drug makes me feel like I'm going to fall asleep, but the second I close my eyes it feels like I'm on a roller coaster and start having unpleasant sounds and visions go through my head. I have actually found myself practically unable to eat most of the time while taking this, even less than I was previously able to without it."

Mvir (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For GERD "Ever since I put on weight, I’ve been experiencing occasional reflux (about once a week). I never knew how painful reflux could be. Another symptom I’ve been having is regurgitation and belching. At times, I’ll wake up coughing because I’m choking on regurgitate. It’s scary and leaves my esophagus and throat burning. ZANTAC is my go-to. It works every time. Tonight I had reflux and I felt it dissipate within 5 minutes of taking the Zantac tablet. The pain was completely gone in 10 minutes. I’ve also started sleeping with my head up about 30 degrees and that helps too."

AbiRN December 4, 2017

For GERD "I love this medicine"

ROB G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

For GERD "Stopped Nexium and Dr prescribed 150 mg generic Zantac (Ranitidine) twice daily. About 14 hours from the first dose the GERD was back in full force. At 3AM I resorted to 20 mg of Nexium and another 20 mg an hour later. Worst night in many years. Not sure if it takes time for this medicine to build up in my system but I can't suffer from GERD and it did not work the first day."

Slocum C October 8, 2017

For GERD "I had already been prescribed Protonix 40 mgs twice a day from my regular doctor, and when I went to my GI gastroparesis motility specialist, he found that I needed another GERD medicine as well so he prescribed me 150 mgs of Zantac to take at night before bed. It was controlled well, I thought, with the Protonix, but it's gotten even better with the Zantac. I hardly ever have food creep back up now and I don't burp nearly as much as I used to."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

For GERD "My acid reflux has been so bad that I thought it was bile reflux. My mouth was sour all the time; my stomach was bloated all the time; I just felt sick. I tried half a dozen different things including Gasx, prilosec, gaviscon and others. None of them helped. I tried Zantac three days ago and have been taking two a day ever since and my symptoms are gone. Alka Seltzer gives me some immediate relief and I've been taking Alka Seltzer all my adult life, but Zantac just clears up the whole sour mess that has made my life miserable."

marasaud May 7, 2017

For GERD "***ZANTAC CAUSES PANIC ATTACKS*** I was prescribed Zantac regularly (1-2x daily) for acid reflux. I developed notably worsened anxiety and nocturnal panic attacks where I would wake up almost every night 2-3 hours after falling asleep with episodes of vivid nonsensical dream-like episodes lasting 2-3 hours. I would have a hard time figuring out simple things like how to open my door or plug in my phone charger to call home. I would keep parents on the phone for 2-3 hours asking them to come get me for no reason even when I had work the next morning. I was constantly confused and dizzy even during the day and it began significantly affecting my work performance. I did research on my own and found out Zantac can cause all the above. I contacted my psychiatrist, who did not know I was on Zantac and they told me Zantac can do this and has had several patients experience this. Since I stopped taking Zantac I have slept full nights with no episodes & minimal to no anxiety. I have never had any experience like this prior to being on Zantac. I would NEVER recommend anyone take Zantac."

AntiZantac May 2, 2017

For GERD "Horrible side effects. My mouth and tongue swelled up. Difficulty swallowing which is why the doctor prescribed it for me in the first place. He said it was a symptom of "silent" acid reflux. Found a rash on my leg. Heart palpitations and massive stomach aches. Didn't do a thing for reflux or the belching and burping it was suppose to cure."

Firebird7478 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

For GERD "Has crazy heart burn and other stomach issues I started to take zantac 150 mg twice per day it really help alot but at times I eat some crap and get crazy reflux but the meds work well"

Reemi August 19, 2016

For GERD "I was unable to sleep and was relieved to find I had some Zantac. After an hour symptoms had absolutely no change and I felt like I was just swollowing more glass."

Trevsuther (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer "Didn't take away pain in 1 months"

Devon107 January 14, 2016

For GERD "My pregnancy has brought on horrible acid reflex. I spend most of my days puking acid, and being on fire. This occurs from NOT eating, AND eating. I've never experienced anything like this fire. I've tried Nexium, tums, Maalox. None helped me. I bought Zantac just two days ago, and its made a change. I still have to be very strict on timing, and what brings on even harsher acid. HERE IS THE ZANTAC STEPS THAT WORK FOR ME. Eat, and let the acid come on. I don't take it till my food has gone down a bit. Maybe 30 mins after. Its hard to stand the sizzle, but if I take it too soon, I don't feel it. So I take it with a small amount of water at first. It's pretty intense, but fast working."

Pregnant with bad GERD (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

For GERD "Thank you. Zantac. I had a gerd attack. And about 20 minutes after 150 mg .. A 93 percent, improvement. Thank you so much. Jon."

Jon jalama September 1, 2015

For GERD "I had bad, wheezy coughing and doctors thought it might be COPD. Then, on a hunch, my great doctor thought the coughing might be due to my GERD so she suggested Zantac150 twice a day. What a difference! I still need an inhaler, but my cough is otherwise gone...and it was REALLY bad for months (even with inhalers). Been on Zantac for about 2 weeks - no discernible side effects."

McRocket (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

For GERD "I am taking prescription Zantac 150 and not sure if there's a difference to the over the counter one but I love this medication. I had missed a week of work from throwing up every little thing even a sip of water and would be stuck there for over 30 minutes and had previously been sick almost every morning and occasionally during the day but always felt nausea and heartburn. Have taken Zantac 150 with prescription meclizine 25 mg and was feeling better the next day. I still get sick from time to time and feel like I lose a weeks worth of food but isn't everyday and nausea and heartburn got less aggressive. Haven't had any side effects. Totally recommend to anyone having stomach issues."

katlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2014

For Duodenal Ulcer "I take Ranitidine (150mg) twice a day, everyday. Taking it usually helps calm my stomach down but if I don't take another pill soon, the pain will come back unless I eat a small meal."

Anonymous March 16, 2014