User Reviews for Zantac 150

Learn more about Zantac 150.

Zantac 150 Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Zantac 150 to treat GERD

"I love this medicine"

ROB G (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Stopped Nexium and Dr prescribed 150 mg generic Zantac (Ranitidine) twice daily. About 14 hours from the first dose the GERD was back in full force. At 3AM I resorted to 20 mg of Nexium and another 20 mg an hour later. Worst night in many years. Not sure if it takes time for this medicine to build up in my system but I can't suffer from GERD and it did not work the first day."

Slocum C October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had already been prescribed Protonix 40 mgs twice a day from my regular doctor, and when I went to my GI gastroparesis motility specialist, he found that I needed another GERD medicine as well so he prescribed me 150 mgs of Zantac to take at night before bed. It was controlled well, I thought, with the Protonix, but it's gotten even better with the Zantac. I hardly ever have food creep back up now and I don't burp nearly as much as I used to."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My acid reflux has been so bad that I thought it was bile reflux. My mouth was sour all the time; my stomach was bloated all the time; I just felt sick. I tried half a dozen different things including Gasx, prilosec, gaviscon and others. None of them helped. I tried Zantac three days ago and have been taking two a day ever since and my symptoms are gone. Alka Seltzer gives me some immediate relief and I've been taking Alka Seltzer all my adult life, but Zantac just clears up the whole sour mess that has made my life miserable."

marasaud May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"***ZANTAC CAUSES PANIC ATTACKS*** I was prescribed Zantac regularly (1-2x daily) for acid reflux. I developed notably worsened anxiety and nocturnal panic attacks where I would wake up almost every night 2-3 hours after falling asleep with episodes of vivid nonsensical dream-like episodes lasting 2-3 hours. I would have a hard time figuring out simple things like how to open my door or plug in my phone charger to call home. I would keep parents on the phone for 2-3 hours asking them to come get me for no reason even when I had work the next morning. I was constantly confused and dizzy even during the day and it began significantly affecting my work performance. I did research on my own and found out Zantac can cause all the above. I contacted my psychiatrist, who did not know I was on Zantac and they told me Zantac can do this and has had several patients experience this. Since I stopped taking Zantac I have slept full nights with no episodes & minimal to no anxiety. I have never had any experience like this prior to being on Zantac. I would NEVER recommend anyone take Zantac."

AntiZantac May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible side effects. My mouth and tongue swelled up. Difficulty swallowing which is why the doctor prescribed it for me in the first place. He said it was a symptom of "silent" acid reflux. Found a rash on my leg. Heart palpitations and massive stomach aches. Didn't do a thing for reflux or the belching and burping it was suppose to cure."

Firebird7478 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Has crazy heart burn and other stomach issues I started to take zantac 150 mg twice per day it really help alot but at times I eat some crap and get crazy reflux but the meds work well"

Reemi August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was unable to sleep and was relieved to find I had some Zantac. After an hour symptoms had absolutely no change and I felt like I was just swollowing more glass."

Trevsuther (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My pregnancy has brought on horrible acid reflex. I spend most of my days puking acid, and being on fire. This occurs from NOT eating, AND eating. I've never experienced anything like this fire. I've tried Nexium, tums, Maalox. None helped me. I bought Zantac just two days ago, and its made a change. I still have to be very strict on timing, and what brings on even harsher acid. HERE IS THE ZANTAC STEPS THAT WORK FOR ME. Eat, and let the acid come on. I don't take it till my food has gone down a bit. Maybe 30 mins after. Its hard to stand the sizzle, but if I take it too soon, I don't feel it. So I take it with a small amount of water at first. It's pretty intense, but fast working."

Pregnant with bad GERD (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Thank you. Zantac. I had a gerd attack. And about 20 minutes after 150 mg .. A 93 percent, improvement. Thank you so much. Jon."

Jon jalama September 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had bad, wheezy coughing and doctors thought it might be COPD. Then, on a hunch, my great doctor thought the coughing might be due to my GERD so she suggested Zantac150 twice a day. What a difference! I still need an inhaler, but my cough is otherwise gone...and it was REALLY bad for months (even with inhalers). Been on Zantac for about 2 weeks - no discernible side effects."

McRocket (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am taking prescription Zantac 150 and not sure if there's a difference to the over the counter one but I love this medication. I had missed a week of work from throwing up every little thing even a sip of water and would be stuck there for over 30 minutes and had previously been sick almost every morning and occasionally during the day but always felt nausea and heartburn. Have taken Zantac 150 with prescription meclizine 25 mg and was feeling better the next day. I still get sick from time to time and feel like I lose a weeks worth of food but isn't everyday and nausea and heartburn got less aggressive. Haven't had any side effects. Totally recommend to anyone having stomach issues."

katlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tired of taking Tums all the time with its limited efficacy and horrible aftertaste even hours later. I tried Zantac 150 over the counter. It takes longer to work than Rolaids or Tums or similar, about 30-60 minutes, but when it kicks in, it is as if the GERD or Heartburn never existed, it is great."

W4phm (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Extreme Acid Reflux for about 2 years now, I wake up in the early mornings feeling extremely nauseous like I'm one second from throwing up, every single day. I also go to bed every night with burning acid coming up into the back of my throat, making my throat sore, like I swallowed glass every day. I get this feeling constantly, sour stomach & nauseous 24/7. It's horrible & made me miserable! I would eat "Tums 1000" by the bulk bottles, they worked in the beginning but then stopped working. I was in Meijers one day looking for something else for my sour nauseous stomach & they had "Zantac 150" 65 count bottle on sale for $9.99. So I reluctantly bought them and to my amaze they actually did work. Completely took it away!"

Bonzoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2013

"Best medicine by far."

SCrawford42 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been using this now, doctor recommended last 3 months. I like the 150mg cooling mint Zantac. I have exhausted all other options, I'm eating smaller healthier meals every 2-3 hours and added even more exercise to my exercise plan but still have the GERD. I take this usually right after my dinner and right before bed if needed. It works wonders. During the day, I take ONE 20mg famotidine (Pepcid AC) usually in between my breakfast and lunch at work and that gets me through until after dinner."

SKET (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried all of the proton pump inhibitors and had some reaction to each of them. Nexium worked well, but it is WAY expensive. Generic Prilosec (Omeprazole) was hit or miss. It actually gave me heart palpitations, so no more of that. Doc recommended I try Zantac 150 and it seems to work pretty good. I notice that it doesn't last 24 hours, so he recommended that I take 1 twice a day as needed. Have not noticed any side effects as of yet, so working pretty good."

Clevelander (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really helped to control my GERD symptoms."

Anonymous January 13, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love this medicine. I have the worst acid reflux, indigestion and nothing ever works. I've used so many other things but the only thing I have found that actually works is Zantac 150. I call it my miracle pill."

Anonymous May 29, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on this a long time ago. It says it has an interaction with the absorption of Cymbalta but I really haven't had that problem that I know of. I have been told to take one in the morning and one in the evening because my GERD is horrible. My son had to start taking them before bed each night for the same reason. I think his could be worse. He was told to start taking them when he was 11 he is now 18. I give Zantac 150 a grade of 120%. It works."

Emmaann March 14, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I didn't get heartburn all day but I did feel weak and light headed all morning."

heartburnhotel February 23, 2009