User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Pj July 21, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I started taking protonix 40mg once daily after they took Zantac off the market. I started having a lot of stomach pain, gas, bloating, and watery diarrhea. It took me a while to figure out it was the protonix. I stopped taking it and replaced it with Pepcid complete once a day. Almost immediately those symptoms went away. I would be very careful taking this drug.”

anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2020

For Barrett's Esophagus: “I was diagnosed with Barrett esophagus without dysplasia. GERD is mostly asymptomatic, the endoscopy was for something else. Started taking the meds in the middle of the day, 30 minutes before lunch. After a month I saw an article saying that it should be taken 1 hour before food in the morning (thanks for the disinformation, doc). Things were mostly going well, but the fear of developing cancer was too high to ignore the consensus coming from the NIH. So I changed my routine. Things got bad from there. Diarrhea even worse than IBS flare ups, pain, nausea, cannot put anything in my mouth without having to run for the bathroom and it is a lot of mucus. Have to run to the bathroom even before eating anything. Water is no help. And the almost inexistent reflux that I had before hit me hard for a few days. Pretty weird and my quality of life has gone down in just one week. Trying to go back to my old regimen until I can get a hold of the doctor”

Eva · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “The doctor prescribed this drug to heal my stomach after having nausea and no appetite. After taking this drug I have experience really bad side effects which have affected me so much. Depression and extreme crying, anxiety to the point of having chest pains and tight chest feeling, joint pain, pins and needles, fever, gas and bloating, extreme nausea and no desire to eat, abdominal pain, brain fog, weakness and tired, insomnia, headaches. This has made me go to the ER thinking something serious was wrong with me. Being off of this medication for 2 days and symptoms are subsiding but still present. I was finally able to regain some appetite and eat again. I am sharing my story to let others know of the serious side effects of this medication.”

Kim · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2020

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: “I was prescribed this medicine when my insurance stopped covering Dexilant and I developed some ulcers. It completely healed my very large ulcers in 3 months but I gained 20 pounds. I kept taking it because of gastritis and this is the only lactose free PPI my insurance covers. After 3 years. I’ve gained a total of 30 pounds barely eating anything and when I tried to stop taking it, I was vomiting within 3 days so I have to continue taking the medicine until I can find something else.”

Moosemomma June 25, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “On Protonix only two days , feel 100% better from my erosive esophagitis. I couldn’t swallow cause if the pain and the gnawing pain between the breastbone killed me . Ended up in the ER ( many) times . This med helped so much !!!”

Never Again · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2020

For GERD: “I have been taking Pantoprazole, 40mg for 25 days. Side effects, (which I hadn't realized were side effects until coming here), headaches like I've never experienced before and they have been almost constant for days. Racing pulse, palpitations, shortness of breath, constipation and now my sleep is being affected. It initially helped with the issues I was having but the headaches alone have been unbearable, like I have almost gone to the hospital unbearable.”

Pug · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For GERD: “Taking pantoprazole twice daily 40 mg having chest pains stomach pain and shortness of breath”

Toni · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For GERD: “I took one pill yesterday, today I’m in so much pain also feeling weird , just in different state of mind. I’ll never take it again.”

Les · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: “I’ve been on Protonix for 3 months now after suffering a rupture in my stomach from an ulcer, it has drastically changed my body in a good way. The gastrointestinal perforation I had almost finished me off and I spent 14 days in the hospital, my surgeon put me on protonix pretty much right while I was in the recovery, I’m not sure about side effects because I haven’t experienced any, but this little pill has help me by healing my ulcers and controlling the acid in my gut, this stuff is basically saving my life.”

Ms. B · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

For GERD: “I took this for GERD. I took twice. Horrible stomach ache/ gas. Also made me feel weird. I even started feeling super anxious and depressed.. started crying and feeling hopeless. Also did nothing for my symptoms. Although I wasn’t on them long enough to help. They made my reflux worse!! Horrible medication. Never again!”

Liv · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For GERD: “Went on this medication due to reflux that couldn’t be fixed with over the counter medication. It did help with the burning sensation but in return I got chest pains that spread to my back and neck, constant burping, coughing, cold sweats and a whole heap of anxiety. Heading back to my doctor tomorrow to hopefully find something else that will work.”

MsS · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I took this for about 2 and a half months. Half way through I told my Dr it wasn't working. He said I was under stress. Not. Then I developed a hot, itchy rash on my arms and face. They told me to stop taking it and start Nexium. I didn't because to me they seem to have the same risk. Being off Protonix is almost as bad as being on it. Terrible acid reflux. I am sleeping sitting up, I can't eat very much, I can hardly wake up and start falling asleep around 7 PM and I have had a headache off and on for 3 days. Going to an Internal Medicine Specialist next because I’d like to know the reason for the reflux I have had for 1.5 years not just take a medication.”

Canuck · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2020

For GERD: “Was having so much trouble with my stomach so finally started taking this pantoprazole. I had been living on Tums, so was so very happy to find it worked right away. Have had NO side affects whatsoever.”

Laurie · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “After starting with OTC drugs for acid reflux for several years, it was necessary for me to begin a prescription drug. I have taken Pantaprozole for over 10 years with no side effects. Works very well.”

Molly828 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2020

For GERD: “I took Pantoprazole for 6 days 20mg. My side effects were awful headache, trouble sleeping, anxiety I would not recommend taking this at all.”

Sissy · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2020

For GERD: “I've been on this medication for a few years. It did great until now. I have burning and itchy vaginal and anus. Dark urine, gurgling down through the intestines. And I'm having swelling in my legs with chills. Some stomach pains as well. I stopped the medicine to clear up which it is now doing. I had bleeding in the vaginal and anus area too. I will be getting a colonoscopy this summer.”

mmurr95 April 20, 2020

For GERD: “I've had pretty bad acid reflux for years now, probably about 6 years and I finally went to the doctor to get it checked out. He put me on this medicine pantoprazole and I thought it worked for the first couple of days. But now I have SEVERE chest tightness and pain and my symptoms got worse. I'll be calling them and seeing if they can put me on something else.”

Years of treatment · Taken for 10 years or more April 7, 2020

For Barrett's Esophagus: “Diagnosed with Barrett's 15 years ago. Have switched medicines from time to time. Omeprazole, then Rabeprazole, now Pantoprazole. Not all suppliers are the same either. I found that two kinds of rabeprazole were good but not two others were effective. Now, on pantoprazole, one kind is effective (Camber) but two others were not. For the person that has heart beat problems, I found this happened to me when the reflux ramped up. I heard it was because the nerves that direct heartbeat are somewhere near the diaphragm/esophagus and were being affected. I had similar heartbeat issues but ONLY when the reflux occurred. Check with your doctor on this!”

M April 4, 2020

For Stomach Ulcer: “Currently taking pantoprazole 40mg twice daily for a bit over 2 months now, for treatment of a possible ulcer and as prophylaxis while on extensive anti-inflammatory medications for another condition. Works great as far as I can tell, and I can't think of any side negative effects except some very mild stomach upset within ~20 minutes to an hour after taking it. I'm unfortunately very prone to side effects from medications, so I figured I'd write this review to help reassure people who might be seeing all the negative reviews on here.”

ANDY · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For GERD: “I've been prescribed 40mg of protonix twice a day for severe acid reflux. Ever since starting on this medicine it's been a nightmare I have side effects of severe migraine in the back of my head to my neck and upper back, and joint pain. I'm 31 year old male and never had experienced anything like this in my life. The pain is unbearable. I just called to see what they can do for me.. waiting for a response.. But I'm defiantly not taking these anymore. I don't take any other medication so I'm almost certain it's the medication.”

Wilkosword · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: “Took one pantoprazole pill, within 20 minutes had severe pain in left armpit about 9.5 out of 10 on pain scale. Was out in the bush out of telephone range. Had to just lay and suffer, after about 2 hours pain began to subside. By morning it was just a dull ache. Never again will I take that medication”

Pdd · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2020

For GERD: “pantoprazole gave me no side effects at all. Works amazing for my horrible acid reflux. Highly recommend”

lvb11 · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

For GERD: “I have taken it for mild reflux (which was discovered through gastroscopy, but produced no specific symptoms, however could be linked to throat problems and bloating). I've stopped it taking after 4 weeks, because occasional stomach pains appeared and some old skin problems flared up. After another month my reflux was becoming stronger than ever, with clear symptoms.”

ESB · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For GERD: “I was prescribed 40 mg of Pantoprazole for GERD, the doctor prescribed me 30 tablets out of the 30 I’ve taken 22 and I’ve been having chest pain, shortness of breath, and very lightheaded(dizzy) like I’m going to pass out. I was just released from the cardiologist and everything was okay. So I decided to research patient reviews on this medicine and I’ve read I’m not the only one with these side effects. I’ve even experienced headaches daily with leg cramping. This medicine isn’t good for me and I wouldn’t want no one else having to get these side effects. I’ve been to the ER twice since taking this medicine. The medicine has me thinking I was having a heart attack, there was several other test ran for them to say everything is normal.”

Monolu · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For GERD: “Took pantoprazole 20mg for 10 days for GERD. It did reduce my stomach acid but gave me: constant pain/tightness in the chest and upper back, shortness of breath, overall body aches, feverish and fluey feeling. I stopped it and am looking for an alternative.”